Iceland Express Passenger Reviews and Iceland Express Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5

Iceland Express customer travel guide

Iceland Express 2-Star Airline Ranking

Iceland Express Passenger Trip Reviews

Iceland Express Customer review :  23 August 2012 by Mike Partlow    (USA)

I flew Iceland Express a while back when they were briefly operating out of the US and offering transatlantic service. It was a pretty spartan experience. No monitors, meal service, or any amenities at all. The cabin attendants looked overworked, but didn't serve anything but drinks. Seats were somewhat uncomfortable but not that bad. If you think these short trips around the continent are bad, try flying for four hours staring at the back of the seat in front you.

Iceland Express Customer review :  17 August 2012 by N Lukyanova    (Germany)

Booked flights from Reykjavik to Berlin 4 months in advance for a group of 3, with onward connections from Berlin to Moscow and other parts of Germany later that day. A couple of weeks before travel airline emails us to say our flight was rescheduled and instead of Sunday morning would fly Monday evening. We either have to lose 2 days, lose money on all pre-booked onward travel plus pay for an extra night's accommodation in Iceland, or cough up for tickets from another airline which is now double the price considering how close the departure date is. Absolutely unacceptable!

Iceland Express Customer review :  17 July 2012 by J Parfitt    (UK)

Edinburgh to Reykjavik return, 80 on the way out. It was the last flight of the night so the airport was dead, flight left on time, cabin crew were friendly and welcoming. We landed on time, return also on time. After using Ryanair so much in the last year it was nice not to pay extra for my bags, even the food on the flight was good and not too expensive.

Iceland Express Customer review :  14 July 2012 by Anton Topurov    (Switzerland)

BSL-KEF-BSL, on 30 of June, return 7th of July. No complaints at all. Both flights left as scheduled, arrived in KEF 30 minutes ahead of the schedule, the seats were quite comfortable. Food and drinks on sale, but cheaper then easyjet, 2 Eur for 33cl coke and 500ml water is cheaper then in Basel airport itself. The flight attendants are nice and the service is very good. 20kg of free checked luggage, we had 23kg for 2 people and there were no problems to combine it in 1 piece of luggage. Aircraft - new Airbus 320, operated by CSA (Check airlines), the flight attendants all speak fluent English and very attentive. Overall we have no remarks to the flights. I have heard from my Icelandic friends that since last winter, Iceland Express has changed the operating company and fleet (from Astraeus to CSA), the service is improved greatly and the cancellations are becoming rare.

Iceland Express Customer review :  10 July 2012 by D Jensen    (Germany)

I can't tell you how much I recognize our flight experience in all that comments that warn people not to book Iceland Express! If it had just been a few hours delay, it wouldn't have been a problem for us because we didn't have a connecting flight. But 14 hours prior to departure from Cologne-Bonn to Keflavik they send us a message that this flight was cancelled and they booked us to a flight which left 8 hours earlier. So it was impossible for us to get to the airport on time. They didn't tell us a reason for that. After we missed the flight we spend more than 4 hours on the telephone, they offered us a flight 2 days later which was unacceptable for us. Instead we insisted on getting another flight with any airline as soon as possible. After long discussions and a threat to sue them they finally offered us a flight with Air Berlin from Dusseldorf to Copenhagen and from there 8 hours later a flight to Keflavik with Iceland Express. Well, all together we arrived in Iceland 15 hours later than initially planned, but at least they fixed the problem and we arrived without paying extra money for the flight. So even if we can't complain about the flight itself as well as about the aircraft, I would never book them again or recommend them to anyone else, as there are plenty of good airlines flying there, maybe for a little bit more money.

Iceland Express Customer review :  7 March 2012 by P Thomas    (UK)

As much as I realise they are a budget airline, I must say that the legroom is worse than any other budget airline I have flown within Europe or Oceania. If you are over 6ft be prepared for having your knees dug into the back of the seat in front of you, especially when they recline their seat! I was offered an exit row seat at 100 each way which I declined. I did however notice that as soon as the seatbelt light went off there was a mad scramble for the vacant seats, something to remember for next time perhaps.

Iceland Express Customer review :  27 February 2012 by Tracey Lilburn    (UK)

The bad reviews we read were a cause for concern however the ticket price made it worth the chance. The flight left on time and the flight staff were helpful; the flight was very uneventful. The plane was fairly new, and as with all low cost carriers I have used, the leg room was not great there was also no TV or entertainment system. The relatively short flight of 3 hours made the seating comfortable enough.

Iceland Express Customer review :  13 February 2012 by Neil Holdsworth    (UK)

LGW-KEF-LGW and CPH-KEF-LGW so far this year. All flights have been on time - but this might be because they have longer turnaround times than most airlines (1 -2 hours). So hopeful this punctuality can continue in to the busier summer schedule. Otherwise, they are a friendly airline and they get you there - normally cheaper than Icelandair - and that's about the best you can say about them. Flight last week from KEF-LGW only a quarter full, many rows of empty seats.

Iceland Express Customer review :  31 January 2012 by I Carrell    (UK)

I booked London Gatwick to Reykjavik. Received an e-mail the day before I was due to fly saying my early morning flight was postponed to the evening. No explanation given. The rescheduled flight then took off over 3 hours late because the cabin crew had not arrived (we discovered this just before we were due to board.) Eventually got to my accommodation at 6 in the morning and had to be checked out by 10 am so not a great start to my holiday which was already short. Coming back was better - only a slight delay, but I've heard from other travellers that my experience is far from uncommon. Flight was cheap but if you have any plans or schedule that matters to you then best to avoid!

Iceland Express Customer review :  18 January 2012 by C Radcliffe    (UK)

LGW-KEF. The seats are tight, but comfortable enough for the short flight. Our outbound flight had a scheduled change but was given ample warning by email. Shame they do not offer a later flights back to Gatwick like their competitors but the flight was as you expect from a budget airline.

Iceland Express Customer review :  3 January 2012 by N Holdsworth    (UK)

LGW-KEF in early December, return. The flights are now operated by 'Holidays Czech Airlines'. Seat pitch is tight but planes are new (Astraeus, who ran the route previously, had a pretty old fleet). Flight attendants friendly and down to earth. Both flights on time. Took advantage of special offer, flights were only 120 return - competing with Icelandair who are now pricing the discount economy flights at around 250. Easy Jet will be cheaper when they start on the route next year, but perhaps not if you need to take a lot of bags.

Iceland Express Customer review :  21 December 2011 by Martin Lippiatt    (UK)

My friend and I decided to go to New York with a stopover via Iceland. We booked our tickets in early October to fly out at the beginning of December. 7 days before I was due to fly out we received emails telling us our connecting flights too and from America had been cancelled. For 6 days they kept fobbing us off with no details of what was happening, then finally less then 24 hours before I was supposed to fly they finally emailed our tickets for our new flights which ended up having to be direct from the UK to America, skipping the Iceland Stopover. We had to fly back to the UK to then fly to Iceland, not so much as a stopover, more as two separate holidays. We eventually got our holiday and the actual flights were ok, only a small delay on the way back which was an airport issue. I did enjoy my holiday in the end but the stress the week before was ridiculous, I will never book with them again or recommend them to anyone else.

Iceland Express Customer review :  11 December 2011 by Leila Ross    (Australia)

Could really not be much worse! They cancelled our flight from Reykjavik to New York, we could not talk to anyone in their office, they kept telling us we needed to wait for them to call. So frustrating. No call until after our flight was meant to depart and only after we contacted them. They advised us they would connect us through London, which seemed fine until we discovered that the Iceland Express flight was going into London Gatwick and the flight to New York was going from London Heathrow and they gave us a connection time of about 4.5hrs. We know this was impossible and a ridiculous suggestion. London Heathrow and London Gatwick are on opposite sides of London. No one at Iceland Express seemed to care that they were setting us up for failure and we would be stranded in London with no flight.

Iceland Express Customer review :  8 December 2011 by A Newgrosh    (UK)

Two experiences, one good, one bad. Flew LHR-KEF, no problems. Booked the following year for their new route to Akureyri. Flights cancelled with the offer to dump us 300 miles away at KEF instead. No help with onward connections and staff just didn't care. Would not use them again. Easyjet now offer a much cheaper alternative from London.

Iceland Express Customer review :  8 December 2011 by E Zinman    (USA)

My experience with Iceland Express could not have been worse. I was flying CDG-EWR with a layover in Keflavik. I booked the flight because it was cheap, what a mistake that was. I got the airport 2 hours early, and before we were originally supposed to board they informed that the flight was going to be delayed. The plane eventually departed 4 hours late to KEF, and they didn't hold the EWR plane. I missed my connection and so had to stay a day in Iceland, missing another connecting flight in New York. According to the people who worked at the hotel we stayed in, this happens all the time. Trust me, pay some more money and book with a real airline.

Iceland Express Customer review :  2 December 2011 by P Manee    (UK)

LGW-KEF. Check-in fast and efficient, Flight departed 20 minutes late which was better than expected. Tight legroom but not a problem for me. KEF-LGW was on time. Baggage arrived no problem. Overall very happy given the great price during Oct Half Term.

Iceland Express Customer review :  24 November 2011 by J Flanagan    (UK)

London-Newark. Used many times since they are cheap and flexible. They are usually late, although not by much. Planes are uncomfortable, but no worse than Easyjet and much better than Ryanair. The planes are also often empty so you get 2 or 3 seats. Food has to be bought, but is pretty cheap.

Iceland Express Customer review :  1 November 2011 by C Valentin    (Denmark)

Newark - Keflavik. After waiting two hours at the gate the flight was cancelled, due to mechanical problems. Since Iceland Express do not rebook to other airline carriers we had to wait 24 hours for the plane to be fixed. In that period of time I slept at airport hotel and waiting 14 hours in the airport. Communication was bad and little information was given to people with connecting flights from Iceland that didn't leave every day.

Iceland Express customer review :  20 October 2011 by C Duff   (Australia)

LGW-KEF-EWR. Very unhappy with Iceland Express. Originally flying to BOS but notified a few weeks beforehand that flight was cancelled. Was offered full refund or change to fly to EWR. Changed to fly to EWR but discovered those flights were cheaper to buy online at that time. They wouldn't refund difference so I cancelled original flights, got full refund, then booked new cheaper flights with them to EWR. Then arrived in EWR and my checked bag didn't turn up (they said there wasn't enough room in the aircraft?!). I then had to wait almost a full week before they could get my bag back to me! For this they gave me only 100 USD compensation for emergency expenses.

Iceland Express customer review :  3 October 2011 by J Fossey   (UK)

Booked Jet2 Manchester to Faro. When checking in with Jet2 informed that due to operational reasons we would de flying with Iceland Express. Called to gate at 07.20 for an 08.05 departure. The crew arrived at 07.30. Started boarding at 07.45 making an 08.05 departure impossible. At 08.20 informed that the aircraft had a technical problem. Left the gate at 08.40 then stopped on taxiway for another 10 mins. Finally took off at 08.55. Aircraft was a 757 which had seen better days. No leg room, unable to use tray because of the limited space between the seats, seat in front of mine would not lock in upright position. Glad we only had a 3 hour flight. Will never fly Iceland Express again.

Iceland Express customer review :  1 October 2011 by A Higgin   (UK)

On a recent holiday in Crete, had to travel with Iceland Express as Jet 2 could not fly us on their aircraft. Seating as on all Economy aircraft was cramped - the back of the seat in front had come away and had been stuck together with super glue - one other passengers seat would not lock in upright position. Outward journey the toilet was disgraceful and smelt very strongly - on the return journey my friend and I were met with the same awful smell. However, the staff onboard were pleasant and courteous.

1 2 3 4 5