Iceland Express Passenger Reviews and Iceland Express Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5

Iceland Express customer travel guide

Iceland Express 2-Star Airline Ranking

Iceland Express Passenger Trip Reviews

Iceland Express customer review :  30 May 2011 by Eric Hirsch   (Costa Rica)

EWR-KEF and KEF-EWR. You cannot complain about the price. Flight Attendants friendly and courteous. Ground staff at both airports were not friendly at all. The really dark spot are the seats, not only are they crammed, they are just uncomfortable, even for a short flight.

Iceland Express customer review :  19 May 2011 by Helen Legg   (UK)

Very disappointing. After months of looking forward to trip, first outgoing flight was cancelled (6 weeks before trip) and managed to rebook. However had then to re-arrange car hire, hotel, parking etc with additional costs. Thought at least was going to get there but now, 48 hours before departure, had an email cancelling return flight. No explanation (just unforeseen circumstances) and no alternative flights suitable due to massive fare increases (300 extra per person). At this short notice, have had to cancel the whole trip and lost 120 in fees and cancellation charges incurred from other bookings. Never again with Iceland Express.

Iceland Express customer review :  21 March 2011 by T Jones   (USA)

Flights were canceled due to unforeseen circumstances, with no explanation. We had to rebook on another carrier at a cost of $75/piece. Terrible customer service. After canceling our flight we still received e-mails regarding the flight, had to call them back to confirm cancellation.

Iceland Express customer review :  3 March 2011 by J Enggaard   (Denmark)

I recommend it if the price is low. Seats is not the newest, and no free food or Video, but compared with SAS I saved 16.000 dkr.

Iceland Express customer review :  28 February 2011 by S Day   (UK)

LGW-KEF-EWR. Given the price I paid the flights exceeded my expectations! All flights on time and no hassle at any airport with regards to check in or luggage. The stopover in KEF was fine in both directions and staff very helpful. Good company to fly with and will use again.

Iceland Express customer review :  29 January 2011 by J Leander   (Sweden)

Copenhagen to Newark via Keflavik. Sure the seats is a bit jammed together, but only the short distance CPH-KEF, flight KEF-EWR was better. The staff aboard was nice, flights were at time, and baggage was not lost. Value for money, worth every dollar I have paid.

Iceland Express customer review :  16 January 2011 by N Holdsworth   (UK)

I travel to Iceland from the UK 4-5 times a year, using Icelandair and Iceland express, and on balance I think Iceland express are fine. The seats are crammed together and service is sometimes unprofessional - and in terms of service they are way behind Icelandair, but there are a number of advantages to flying Iceland express. You can change your tickets at no additional charge - you just pay the difference in the fare. Secondly, the rates for excess luggage are excellent. If they just stopped cancelling/changing flights and improved their punctuality, their operation would be much better.

Iceland Express customer review :  30 December 2010 by J Ghanizadeh   (Norway)

LGW to Newark via KEF. There were delays at both Gatwick and Keflavik - at Gatwick it was due to delayed catering. In Keflavik it was due to the weather conditions at EWR. It was during flight that problems started, due to the weather they said that we had to divert to Philadelphia. On our approach to Philadelphia they said that we couldn't land there, and then they diverted us to JFK. At JFK we were held at the aircraft for over 10 hours as we supposedly waited for a gate. They lost the luggage of all the passengers onboard and no people are answering customer service.

Iceland Express customer review :  24 December 2010 by S Bauer   (USA)

I was supposed to go to the UK for Christmas 2010 with a short layover in Iceland. My flight from Newark was rescheduled to an earlier time, but they called me well in advance and sent me an updated itinerary so not a major issue. Since there were weather delays in Europe I called the airline on the day of travel and was told everything was fine. However when I arrived at the airport, I learned that the plane from Iceland had suffered from mechanical issues and would be delayed by 6 hours, hence my own flight was delayed by 6 hours. Instead of landing at Gatwick London Airport at 10am it would be 4 or 5pm. Since I had a timed bus ticket from the airport to London and a timed train ticket from London to the north of the UK, I was not sure if those would be honored or not. If not, I would have to pay exorbitant last-minute fares. Also I had no idea if it would even be possible to reach my final destination at any cost before Christmas Day. The flight delays kept increasing so I opted out of the flight because I had no idea if I could even make it in time for Christmas. Because of their incompetence and inability to provide another plane or place me on another airline, I will be spending Christmas alone instead of with loved ones. I am very upset with Iceland Express.

Iceland Express customer review :  24 November 2010 by Anna Gudbjornsdottir   (Denmark)

I have flown with Iceland Express a few times, back and forth from Copenhagen, Denmark to Keflavik Iceland. I do not fly with them any more because every time that I have flown with them there have been problems. This summer my flight from CPH to KEF was overbooked. They basically told me that I could not fly that day, and that the first available seat was two days later. Countless times their flights have been cancelled and there are always delays. The staff tend to be quite rude even thought I am a native Icelander.

Iceland Express customer review :  23 November 2010 by P Byrne   (UK)

Discover the World has been operating holidays to Iceland for over 26 years and is the largest tour operator to the country. In view of continuing difficulties we have completely stopped selling Iceland Express flights to our passengers. Between January and August 2010 over half the inclusive tour passengers booked by us on Iceland Express services experienced cancellation of either their outbound or return flights, or schedule changes. In addition an indeterminate, but nevertheless significant number, experienced serious delays. This resulted in an enormous number of complaints and as a result we ceased to sell Iceland Express flights to individual passengers. Instead, we now work with Icelandair and have no such issues.

Iceland Express customer review :  13 November 2010 by I Merali   (USA)

EWR-LGW via KEF. I figured that it would be kind of like any other flight, except you pay for food, drinks and movies you want to watch - but so much more was missing! Iceland Express is at the bottom of even the budget airline barrel. Every leg of both my outbound and return journey was delayed in some way, some substantially. The cabin crew, while pleasant, were clueless about the immigration and customs procedures of any of their destination airports, even KEF. The ground crew in KEF were unpleasant, elusive, and disinterested in their customers, failing once again to make them aware of immigration procedures. The only time I was in the least satisfied with ground crew service was at EWR, and LGW, and that was simply because the ground crew were contracted from a flight services company. Onboard, the "extra leg room" is really just an upgrade to the seat pitch found on most seat configurations in the economy cabin of most legitimate airlines. The currently only operate a fleet of 5 aircraft - leased with a crew to fly the plane from Astraeus Airlines. The option to hire an inflight entertainment unit was not available anywhere. The food was expensive and not that tasty. They take every spare moment to try and sell you something be it duty free, or an attempt to get you to sign up for something with one of their business partners. The flights are always full because they cancel and combine flights at the last minute to try and save money, regardless of the fact that passengers have likely planned their itineraries around the flights they booked.

1 2 3 4 5