Iceland Express Passenger Reviews and Iceland Express Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5

Iceland Express customer travel guide

Iceland Express 2-Star Airline Ranking

Iceland Express Passenger Trip Reviews

Iceland Express customer review :  28 June 2011 by G Shaw   (UK)

A classic case of an airline trying to expand at a rate it cannot cope with! Terrible flights, boiling hot cabin which never got cooler despite numerous requests from passengers. First flight was around 3 hrs late as the airline had opted to combine the Oslo and Edinburgh flights on one aircraft. Upon arriving at Edinburgh 2 hrs late the passengers had to de-board and go through security (a silly UK customs rule but works ok on other flights I've had to do this on), but we then spent 1 hr on board waiting for around 20 "missing" Norwegian passengers. After numerous announcements from an increasingly irate captain over these passengers it appeared somebody realised there weren't even 20 empty seats and decided to count the passengers, all 20 missing Norwegians were already on board! Farcical This airline cannot even check you in to your destination, Edinburgh could check us only as far as Reykjavik, upon arriving there we then had to queue to be checked in for the next flight to Newark (Luckily this was held for us as it turns out our aircraft was the Newark aircraft too). This line of around 15 people took over 1 hr to process which then delayed the flight by a further 1 hr meaning our arrival in New York was pushed back from around 9pm to 1am. The return leg seemed to be going better with an on time departure expected, there is next to no legroom which anyone over around 5feet 7 will find problematic. Don't expect basics like checking in online (we could only check in for 1 of our 4 legs) or for their computer system storing the APIS info it repeatedly asks you for via email. As a regular flier this is not worth any of the money savings you may make as it will ruin the beginning and end of your trip!

Iceland Express customer review :  27 June 2011 by M Meawad   (UK)

Booked a flight from London-Winnipeg Canada. Flight was scheduled to leave 30 mins later, notified by email. Got to Gatwick Airport London, only to find that flight had been rescheduled again to leave original time, no notification to passengers or staff at information desk, so missed the flight and connecting flights as a result. You get less than what you pay for in the case of Iceland Express.

Iceland Express customer review :  24 June 2011 by A Rosenzweig   (USA)

My parents, in their 70's where asked to RUN to make their connection in Iceland. Their Iceland Express flight from Billund, DK had landed late, so they were rushed to make the connection to New York. Only to arrive at the gate to find the plane had left. On their way yesterday, their luggage was lost. For most passengers I am not sure the low fare is worth the trouble.

Iceland Express customer review :  20 June 2011 by K Howe   (USA)

Worst airline experience ever. We flew Chicago to London via Keflavik. This was the inaugural flight running out of Chicago as they had just opened the route and it was more than 2 hrs late departing! The seats were knees-to-nose, no pillows or blankets, nothing to eat or drink unless you paid for it - not even water or peanuts. We switched planes in Iceland by sheer luck because there were no signs, no arrows, no one to direct traffic and hundreds of 2-hour late travellers desperately trying to make connections. That plane arrived 2 hrs late to Gatwick as well. On the return trip, there were no direct flights to Chicago so we went through New York and had arranged a final connecting flight on another airline. Same exact story. Plane from London leaves 2 hrs late, arrives in New York 3 hrs late, after the connection has departed.

Iceland Express customer review :  20 June 2011 by E Ogania   (USA)

I paid $550 for a roundtrip trip between Newark and London, only 2 major problems. 2 hr delayed flights from EWR-RKV and vice-versa. There were no delays between Iceland and London flights. The 2nd major problem was the chaotic scene in Reykavik coming from Newark. Since they don't issue you the 2nd boarding pass for your connecting flight to London, you have to find out where to print it out at the Iceland airport. Not only that but we had to go thru a second security screening before passport control which probably took 30 mins of our time. People were walking around wondering where to go and what to do. We just followed the crowd to the service desk for our 2nd boarding pass, and managed to make our flight in time. This doesn't make sense to me why they couldn't issue the 2nd boarding pass for the flight to London, this could have saved the confusion and 30 mins waiting in line. Luckily we were issued 2 boarding passes on the return trip from LHR-EWR, and didn't have to go thru security screening. Yes the seats are more cramped (probably 3 inch less leg space compared to a regular plane), and food/drinks not provided so be sure to buy food/drinks at the airport before. I had no problems with service, and flight attendants seemed friendly and receptive to passenger's needs. So would I book a trip with Iceland again. Definitely for the price. I now know what to expect especially where to get the boarding pass. But be sure you tolerate in your trips up to 2-3 hr delays both ways.

Iceland Express customer review :  18 June 2011 by D Skinner   (UK)

Flight out from EDI-RKV no complaints. However, two days into our week long trip to Iceland received a text message informing us our return flight would be via Oslo! This more than doubled the flight time. Iceland express displayed zero concern for anyone's onwards travel plans and clearly wanted as many people on the plane as possible. Flight left 2 hours late to compound the misery. Flight staff were nice but clueless. Overall a poor airline - never, use if you have any sort of a deadline for arrival or connection to make.

Iceland Express customer review :  17 June 2011 by Jeffrey Stein   (USA)

Trip was on par for the money. Maybe I gambled and won, as it seems many people have problems with this airline. The seats aren't great, but if you are an easy-going traveller like me, it's no big deal. I saved hundreds of dollars on my flight with Iceland Express and I have no substantial complaints. However, based on the other stories I have heard about this airline, I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending it to others.

Iceland Express customer review :  14 June 2011 by O Cavusoglu   (UK)

Think twice, three times, four times before flying with Iceland Express. Newark-Gatwick 23 May via Keflavik. Due to the erupting volcano in Iceland, the flight was delayed by indeterminate hours as Iceland Express will not bother giving enough information about your flights even long after the scheduled flight time has surpassed. They set up an alert page special for the volcano but they try every method to be as sneaky as possible to avoid letting out information. This may be to prevent people from taking proactive actions (as to change/cancel flights) however, at Newark Airport on 23 May, we were stranded 7 hours without any information. I could get more information through my iPhone on the incoming aircraft (which was due to take us back to Iceland and through to London) than from anyone at the airport. They do not have enough staff or capacity at most of the airports they fly to (albeit helpful staff from other airline companies work on their behalf). There is absolutely no way of getting through to anyone from the company outside their very short working hours during the day.

Iceland Express customer review :  6 June 2011 by M Lewin   (UK)

According to the CAA (UK) statistics, in 2010 3.1% of Iceland Express flights to London were delayed by more than 6hrs - compared to just 0.6% for Icelandair. 20% of Iceland Express flights were delayed by more than 1hr compared to 6% for Icelandair. Their prices are about the same so don't choose Iceland Express!

Iceland Express customer review :  5 June 2011 by B Bergthorsdottir   (Iceland)

Save yourself some money and do business with real airlines. You will have unexplained delays of several hours and they never give you any explanation. They don't have to. You are stuck with having to scramble get to wherever you were planning to go because they have no responsibility for anything and don't they just love it! We had a 4 hour delay (unexplained and unapologized for) and missed our connecting flight to Morocco and have had to shell out 100 pound for new tickets, 90 pounds for somewhere to stay for night and to take a bus to get to our final destination. This happens a lot with Iceland Express I'm told. I didn't realize that the very frequent delays were of several hours. Staff was completely disinterested in assisting and certainly didn't give any information. Basically they don't give a damn what happens to you after you hand them your money.

Iceland Express customer review :  4 June 2011 by Shannon Gould   (USA)

Absolutely uncomfortable seating, even though we paid for upgraded seats, there was no difference between the standard and upgrade. The customer service was awful, rude and acted like you were bothering them. The airline attendants had the habit of skipping people while serving/selling refreshments. Every flight was late in taking off. The check -in at Gatwick took about an hour and we barely had time to get to the next flight. We had to visit customer service each time we reached Iceland to get a boarding pass for my kids, for some reason they were unable to print the connecting passes, which took up a lot of time as well. The airline lost my luggage for the duration of my trip. I finally got it back the night before I was leaving. My stroller has also been lost, never recovered.

1 2 3 4 5