Iceland Express Passenger Reviews and Iceland Express Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5

Iceland Express customer travel guide

Iceland Express 2-Star Airline Ranking

Iceland Express Passenger Trip Reviews

Iceland Express customer review :  4 August 2011 by Anders Åkerlund   (Sweden)

Friendly staff, many inexperienced but eager to help. Basic routines such as luggage handling and passenger counts not well trimmed and lead to delays. Flexible with changes and accessible via phone. Tidy planes. In all a positive travel experience and a good alternative if seeking low price and arrival on time is not critical. Our delay was 1 hr each way CPH-Boston. Connections at Keflavik worked well. Would fly them again.

Iceland Express customer review :  31 July 2011 by B Paauwe   (USA)

If you want great prices and are willing to tolerate possible delays and a tight cabin squeeze, Iceland Express is for you. Flight attendants are young, energetic and fun. My family flew Iceland Express twice in the last month. The planes were clean, the one out of Chicago seemed new, we were delayed almost 2 hrs on our first trip. No delay to speak off on our second. We were delayed 1hr on the first return and on schedule on our last return.

Iceland Express customer review :  29 July 2011 by D Johnson   (Canada)

Just arrived back from Winnipeg to Copenhagen via Reflavik and return with Iceland Express. I was not expecting much because of the very low airfare. My overall experience was good. Staff were friendly, smiling and very helpful. Cabin temps were cool to some and staff handed out blankets to those who asked. Seating was comparable to any other budget airline which was expected. Minor delays on the trip.

Iceland Express customer review :  26 July 2011 by D Beldner   (USA)

Flew Germany to Iceland with a 1 hr layover, then on to New York. Flight from Germany was late, no legroom, and miserable conditions. On arrival in Iceland, we were told the flight to New York was overbooked, and all 40 of us would have to catch the plane the next afternoon. We were promised a free hotel, vouchers for dinner and breakfast and then a lunch voucher. In addition, we were promised a voucher for a round trip ticket to anywhere Iceland Express fly. The motel had no restaurant so the meal vouchers were of no value. After an hour we finally found an airline employee to come and talk to us and we were sent to another hotel. The flight home was so hot, and they told us they could not get any air to the middle section of the plane. As a crowning blow, we have not received any vouchers, and probably never will.

Iceland Express customer review :  26 July 2011 by N Holdsworth   (UK)

Fly them every few months from London-Iceland. Cheap tickets, cheap surplus luggage, can get your tickets refunded at the last minute. They always get you there even if there are delays, they never leave you stranded. They need to work on the luggage situation. This is a low quality, haphazard airline, but I don't mind as it saves me money.

Iceland Express customer review :  23 July 2011 by A Geczy   (Australia)

We had no idea about this airline and what an inconvenience it would be. I travel often, but this was a special trip as I had my partner and two young boys. We were delayed by over 3 hrs each way from Copenhagen to Akureyri. Back to Copenhagen we had decided to spend two nights in a nice hotel. Well, we did not arrive until 2am. After that delay they expected us to pay for the food. The planes are old, the cabin pressure is bad, and the whole thing is a fiasco.

Iceland Express customer review :  21 July 2011 by A Jansson   (USA)

We were very concerned about Iceland Express based on these reviews. We left Chicago O'Hare 3.5 hrs late, however, we were kept informed and the staff were helpful. We got boarding passes for the transfer flight in Iceland and they held the flight for us. The seats were uncomfortable and there was no leg room, but for the price paid I was able to deal with this. The plane was clean and the temperature was comfortable for both directions. The return flight was only slightly delayed in Copenhagen. Again, the seats were uncomfortable and there was no leg room. We had to pay for water, coffee, food, entertainment, etc.., but I saved a lot on this fare, so a few dollars for some refreshment was not a big deal. I did think that $15.00 to rent an iPad was a bit high, though. A very good price so the discomfort was not a big deal. No problem with our baggage.

Iceland Express customer review :  8 July 2011 by John Silver   (Germany)

After reading the reviews on this site and others, I was frightened about my upcoming flight on Iceland Express. I figured out places to stay in advance in case the flight was delayed, pack up a survival kit of dried food, empty bottles (to be filled with water after security at the airport), extra computer batteries, and even an old-school MP3 player packed with audiobooks to kill time in case I had a major delay. I even brought an extra polar fleece in case the cabin heater didn't work properly. In the end, none of this was necessary and the flight experience, was on par with other "good" low-cost airlines such as easyJet and Air Berlin. Sure, you have to either buy your food or bring it, same for entertainment, but which low-cost doesn't do that? The punctuality issue that many reviewers bring up can probably be solved by a simple explanation: as far as I understand, they wait for all the planes from all destinations to arrive in Iceland before leaving again, so that no one misses their connections. Because of that, their planes are almost always delayed by 1-3 hrs, but it also means that you don't have to worry at all about your connection in Iceland no matter how late your plane arrives there, since they'll wait for you. If you keep that in mind and leave the 3hrs following your planned arrival free, you'll enjoy a flight. The final point, and probably their strongest one, is the price. They are the first to open up the transatlantic low-cost market.

Iceland Express customer review :  7 July 2011 by Lu Wal   (USA)

Most unpleasant trip I have ever taken from London to New York (connection in Iceland) both legs of the journey were delayed, the cabin was awfully hot and the seats were old, small and amazingly uncomfortable. Though we were told we would get given a meal on the second flight we ended up having to pay for awful sandwiches which they ran out of. The stewardesses were rude, slow and unorganised, they even ran out of water.

Iceland Express customer review :  6 July 2011 by J Anderson   (USA)

If somebody had told me in advance that Iceland Express was this bad, I would not have believed it. It took them 48 hrs to get my family to Switzerland, and over 24 hrs to get us back home at the end of the trip. The common theme seemed to be that the departing flight would be late for some mysterious reason. Eventually, the flight takes off 3-5 hrs late. Gate personnel would assure all passengers that all connecting flights in Iceland would be held. Once the flight finally would take off, the captain would announce on the intercom not to worry, and that all connecting flights would be held. As you can now anticipate, the flights of course were not held. Iceland Express ticket counter representatives were overwhelmed and seemed lost about what to do. This happened both going to Europe and coming home.

Iceland Express customer review :  4 July 2011 by R Arnadottir   (UK)

Last time when we booked with Iceland Express, which we had done months before the date of travel, they cancelled the flight just before we were due to go. They said that there were not enough people flying to make it worthwhile. We had booked a connecting flight to London and other connecting flights in Iceland which we had to rebook at a great expense, as well as buying a last minute flight with Icelandair which was very expensive. This trip was meant to cost around £400, but ended up costing £1200! When I complained, they said, it was just one of these things and would absolutely not offer any compensation. At the same time, my son and his wife had exactly the same experience. Unfortunately, they have now experienced this kind of cancellation for a second time, again it costing them a huge amount of money. As if things could not get any worse, the airline has now lost all their luggage; it is not certain where it is. Again, the airline's response is that they don't seem to care at all and the director said this was a very common occurrence and he offered not a single regret or an apology. The seating is terrible, very uncomfortable and although my son and his pregnant wife had paid extra money for extra legroom, they just got ordinary seats.

Iceland Express customer review :  1 July 2011 by S Olivia   (USA)

My mother and I flew from Boston-Copenhagen connecting through Keflavik, the seats were not the roomiest and entertainment wasn't free, but for the price I can't complain. The tickets were 300 USD one way vs. Icelandair 1,000 USD round trip. We had no problems with delays, from my experience these delays mostly happen with flights going to or coming from Gatwick. If you're looking for a bargain flight from the USA-Denmark, and you don't mind riding in less than 4 star standard, then Iceland express is the perfect airline. As far as value goes you're getting exactly what you pay for; a low cost flight with decent comfort and satisfaction.

Iceland Express customer review :  1 July 2011 by Christian Nilsson   (Sweden)

Me and my friend booked a trip from Gothenburg-New York, with a change of flights in Iceland. The flight out from Gothenburg was 2 hrs delayed. We also made a small detour to Oslo to pick up more passengers (not planned). That left us even more delayed due to the fact that it took 1 hr to board all the new people. We even asked before we boarded the flight in Gothenburg if we would make the connection in Iceland and someone answered "maybe". We also got the information that no flight in the last 3 weeks had left on time from Gothenburg. When we landed, along 50 people, the connecting flight was gone. We then got on a bus to a hotel and 24 hrs later we were supposed to get the flight to New York. That flight was delayed as well, we weren't offered any complimentary drinks or food on the plane what so ever. And when we asked any of the staff members no one could give any answers... The only they could give us was: "Call this number or email us". So basically Iceland Express messed up each and every step of our trip in the most horrific way I have ever experienced. Also no one seems to know anything. The ground staff has no idea what's happening and can not help you with anything.

Iceland Express customer review :  30 June 2011 by Elsa Chiao   (USA)

I booked a round-trip fare from Newark-Copenhagen via Keflavik. Flights were delayed both ways (4 hrs going there, 3 hrs coming back). That meant that my travel plans had to be altered quite drastically (missing a meeting with an old friend and then coming back home terribly late). The flight coming back was even overbooked! Seats were very uncomfortable, and the overall experience was just below average. I think the tickets are not cheap enough to put me through all these bad points and inconveniences.

Iceland Express customer review :  30 June 2011 by Chase Utley   (USA)

There is certainly a reason for the large price difference between Iceland Express and any other airlines. True, you may eventually get to where you want to be, but it will be the most aggravating experience of your life. From the start, this trip was awful. The check-in at CDG (Paris) was 1 hr 30 mins of standing in line even though we were only 10 people back in the line and showed up 3 hrs early. The check-in process was so slow that they were still checking people in (who showed up 2-3 hrs before the expected departure) when the flight was supposed to have departed. That didn't matter though, because the plane was delayed 3 hrs. Why? We were given no reason. The weather was perfect both for both legs of the flight. They literally had no way to explain why the flight was delayed. When worried customers asked the attendants at the desk what would happen with connecting flights, we were told that we should "maybe" make it and that they would "probably" hold the flights (the connecting flights were through Iceland Express as well). They were extremely rude and not helpful at all. When we finally made it to the next airport, we made the connecting flight (the second leg of the flight was delayed as well, how nice!). We then sat on the runway in the plane for an hour because "the conveyor belt on the luggage ramp broke." For all these delays, Iceland Express showed their gratitude to their customers by giving us a free soda on the plane! Cramped, delayed, awful. Fly this airline if you have no other option or the price difference between other airlines is at least $500.

Iceland Express customer review :  28 June 2011 by J Cassells   (UK)

Just got back from trip on which our flights were cancelled a week and a half before we were due to fly (causing us to have to rebook our internal flights), then the flight we were rebooked on was delayed meaning we had to rebook the connecting flights again. Then they tagged our bags wrongly on the return flights which has meant our luggage ended up in Canada and has still not been returned to us 2 days later. The money which we might have saved by flying with this company has now been cancelled out completely. We will never fly with them again.

1 2 3 4 5