Iceland Express Passenger Reviews and Iceland Express Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5

Iceland Express customer travel guide

Iceland Express 2-Star Airline Ranking

Iceland Express Passenger Trip Reviews

Iceland Express customer review :  20 September 2011 by James Humphrey   (UK)

LGW-BOS-LGW. All flights punctual, baggage arrived okay, staff were friendly and the planes clean. Customers need to bear in mind it is low-cost, they do provide free water and we were given coffee. On the return, you have to clear Iceland passport control and security - not sure how they deal with duty free bought in the US. The older 757 plane was not as fresh as the 737s. Given how much we saved compared to other carriers, I have no complaints. Beware of the prices at Keflavik airport cafe, the onboard prices were much better to my relief.

Iceland Express customer review :  15 September 2011 by A Dibb   (UK)

Gatwick-Newark. First of all we left about 15 mins late, we arrived in Iceland and are boarded 20 mins late then once onboard there was a technical fault which took 30 mins to fix, ended up taking 2 hrs to fix and all we were offered was a shot glass of water while siting on a stationary plane for 2 hrs before a 6 hr flight. We then land at Newark 2.5 hrs late, it then took us 1.5 hrs to get through customs presumably because they where under staffed as they weren't expecting an extra flight at this time. When I arrived at baggage claim it resembled a ghost town as the baggage had been there for an 1.5 hrs to find half my luggage missing. I've emailed them continuously since about my luggage to no reply.

Iceland Express customer review :  7 September 2011 by T Spaeth   (Switzerland)

Recently flown to and from Newark, via Reykavik. With fares as competitive as they are, I certainly did not expect free meals, drinks and the like. What I did expect was friendly service, which I received at all of the terminals and onboard and relatively on-time service. Our departure from Newark was actually 15 minutes early, with each leg having departed and arrived on time. All of the aircraft were clean and well staffed. As for comfort, some passengers chose to purchase seats in the forward section of the plane, and most of them had the entire row to themselves. I will fly Iceland Express again, but I do hope they will make navigation of the website a bit less cumbersome.

Iceland Express customer review :  4 September 2011 by W Cheung   (Hong Kong)

London to Reykjavik delayed by 3 hrs. Return trip delayed by over 9 hrs. All we get is a meal coupon barely enough for a cold sandwich and a drink. Budget airline = delay and zero customer service.

Iceland Express customer review :  2 September 2011 by N Aguila   (USA)

NWK to REK departed 5 hrs late, staff provided minimal information as to why. Return flight was even worse, departed another 4 hrs late and this time staff lacked any ability to provide a reasonable explanation or justification. Flights may be cheap, however you get what you pay for - poor service, an airline that is notorious for being late and aggravated.

Iceland Express customer review :  1 September 2011 by Terri Layden   (Germany)

Gatwick to Chicago return. Seats were uncomfortable. Every single flight 4 in all were all late. When I asked whether the connection would wait, stewardess didn't seem bothered. I had to purchase everything onboard, not even a blanket was given for a 6 hr flight. Maybe it's good for short flights, but long flights, they shouldn't do.

Iceland Express customer review :  1 September 2011 by Giulio Maggi   (Italy)

London Gatwick-Reykjavik. No problem outward or return, first leg arrived 15 mins early. The airline cancels flights frequently, though not in August. With regard to the narrowness of the seats, I can not complain about the conditions of travel compared to other low-cost carriers. In my case, it has been extremely positive, having got a cheap fare.

Iceland Express customer review :  1 September 2011 by Nicola Davies   (UK)

Gatwick-KEF-Newark return. Check-in at Gatwick quick and easy, return slower. Not much leg room onboard but staff polite and attentive. Glasses of water given out before each landing but no ipads available. Return flight from Newark was delayed 2 hrs due to the late arrival of the flight from KEF but connecting flights were held. We ended up on a better plane with more leg room for our return to Gatwick from KEF and even had free food and drinks. I would recommend bringing food with you and empty water bottles to fill up from water fountains.

Iceland Express customer review :  28 August 2011 by N Sherran   (USA)

Newark to Gatwick return. Overall the flight was good. We took off several hours late from Newark but arrived in Gatwick only 40 mins late. The planes are a little worn however the crew was very friendly. They hold up connecting flights for passengers making your connection a non event. The flight is basic and you have to buy food and drink. They did however come through the cabin with water. There is no entertainment, they advertise IPad rentals but when I asked it was not available. On the return we waited at Gatwick for 1 hr. In summary if time is not crucial and you want a low cost flight Iceland Express is acceptable.

Iceland Express customer review :  28 August 2011 by A Findlay   (UK)

LGW-EWR via KEF. Flights were both on time, check-in at Gatwick had a slight queue but didn't take too long, staff were pleasant enough. On board the full 757 to KEF we were all squashed in with no IFE onboard. At KEF we had a quick and easy connection and were soon back onboard the same full plane to Newark. Fares were good but don't expect a full service airline. Crew on both flights were good.

Iceland Express customer review :  28 August 2011 by M Eriksson   (Sweden)

KEF-CPH was 20 mins delayed but everything worked ok. Staff very attentive and helped us leave the plane first since we had short connection. Good service offering attractive prices onboard.

Iceland Express customer review :  28 August 2011 by V Sherouse   (USA)

London to Boston. Check-in moved quickly and they weighed only the carry on luggage. We got both boarding passes in London. The seats were fine and in fact larger than ones we had flown on other carriers. We experienced slight delays, spent the night in Boston and flew out the next day to be sure we wouldn't miss our connecting flight. Considering that we saved close to $1200 on any other airline's one way fares, it was worth it.

Iceland Express customer review :  22 August 2011 by H Rowe   (UK)

London-Newark via Keflavik return. Delay of 1 hr to Newark as they waited for passengers, however we were kept informed at regular intervals. Air hostesses were friendly and polite, offered complimentary water when the cabin temperature was too warm. You need to purchase food and beverages and there isn't any inflight entertainment but for the price I have no complaints. I would have no hesitation in travelling them again.

Iceland Express customer review :  21 August 2011 by J Chang   (UK)

KEF-LGW. On arrival at the airport everything appeared fine, later we were told the flight was delayed due to 'technical' reasons. We received food vouchers but no apologies. Boarding began at 6pm and we took off at around 7pm. Overall very disappointed.

Iceland Express customer review :  21 August 2011 by D Wheeldon   (USA)

My plane was to leave London at 8.55 and departed at 18.45. Technical reasons was supposed to be the problem. Most had a connecting flight in London, missed it and had to pay 192€ for another ticket. Iceland Express gave us the equivalent of 9€ for lunch at Keflavik airport. I spent the night on a coach from Gatwick to Stansted and arrived 12 hours after schedule.

Iceland Express customer review :  18 August 2011 by Larry Sterne   (USA)

Boston to London, return Edinburgh to Boston. Reviews have improved lately so perhaps this reflects an improvement in service. Online I managed to book the second leg to Denmark rather than Edinburgh. With the help of ground staff in Iceland, we were able to get the suitcases off the Denmark flight and onto the London flight and get us rebooked. All was handled very professionally and efficiently. On the return my wife and I paid for extra legroom seats and we are glad we did. The two best seats on the aircraft are 14A and 14F, emergency row seats with no seat in front, which allows you to really stretch your legs. Row 1 is good for easy access. This is a budget airline so expect to be patient. We lined up after ticketing opened on the return trip, but waited in line for 50 mins to get a boarding ticket and check our bags.

Iceland Express customer review :  17 August 2011 by Mikael Bergmark   (Sweden)

Stockholm to Newark. The trip did not start well with a delay from Stockholm. When we got to Keflavik our plane was so late we missed our connecting flight. We had to wait 24 hrs until their next flight, however we were taken to a hotel and given all meals. When we got back to the airport they gave us dinner. My only complaint was that information at the airport and hotel was inadequate.

Iceland Express customer review :  11 August 2011 by H Sha   (UK)

Flew to Winnipeg. All I can say is that flights were on time, cabin was great, seating was comfortable, and staff were friendly and polite. We had 3 family's who went and came back on separate dates with no delays.

Iceland Express customer review :  11 August 2011 by R Mall   (UK)

Took a return trip from Gatwick to Newark. Was pleasantly surprised, staff helpful and transfer in Iceland straight forward. Outbound flight arrived earlier than listed time. Return flight was delayed 1hr. Planes are a bit basic with no in-flight entertainment and you need to pay for food and drink however these are easy to get over considering I saved so much flying with Iceland Express.

Iceland Express customer review :  9 August 2011 by Philip Vines   (USA)

You get what you pay for. I flew LGW to EWR. On-line booking experience was good, their web site is well laid out, easy to compare flights and prices. Flying one way from Europe to the US in July prices were cheaper than regular airlines and they price per leg which gives excellent flexibility when scheduling open returns. Seats are tight with not much legroom, but no worse than a US domestic flight. Delays at Keflavik? Yes, but it is a hub for several flights converging and transferring to US bound flights. The good news is if your inbound flight is delayed they'll hold the US bound flight. Flight attendants were friendly. I suggest you bring your own food and drinks, expensive on-board snacks available. Arriving in Newark tends to be too late to get connections. I'd prefer if they scheduled an earlier landing so onward bound passengers don't need to pay for a night in a Newark hotel. For budget air travel between US and Europe I'll use them again.

Iceland Express customer review :  6 August 2011 by Niels Madsen   (Denmark)

New York from Copenhagen with my wife and our 10 month old son. We had a pit stop in Iceland. My son needed changing and as soon as the seat belt signs were switched off, my wife asked the staff where she could change him, to be directed to the toilets at the back of the plane in a very rude manner. We were delayed more than 2 hrs in Iceland with no reason given. We flew back from Iceland over a month later and once again we were delayed. We spent over 1 hr on the ground after the boarding had been completed - and again staff didn't say anything about the delay. We are disappointed and frustrated with the service and will not use it again.

1 2 3 4 5