Iberia Customer Reviews and Iberia Passenger Trip Reports

Iberia Customer review :  30 July 2014 by T Patrick (Hong Kong)

LHR to Madrid. They operate for BA, chaotic and late boarding. Sat at gate fir an hour due to mix up with tickets on bags. Flight itself ok, you have to buy everything food wise. Lots of elderly Spanish constantly going to toilets. Business class bit of a waste apart from designated toilet. Seats almost the same. Lots of eye rolling and campy shrugging from crew. Seat pitch good and all updates in English and Spanish.

Iberia Customer review :  28 July 2014 by J Bacallado (Spain)

MAD-JFK, MEX-MAD, all sectors business class check in a breeze, no lines, good customer service. Madrid lounge lots of food, drinks, wifi, and very comfortable. Mexico lunge is nice and quite, not much to eat, but plenty to drink. Boarding always priority line, on board good service, comfortable and private business class window seat. Menu ok, nice selections of wines, FA very good service. Fresh snack before arrival. On both flights arrived at least 20 min early.

Iberia Customer review :  26 July 2014 by Neil Mason (UK)

Flew from Heathrow to Madrid and then on to Quito in Ecuador and back. This is a long journey and I could not believe that the plane did not have individual screens so we had 3 rubbish films on screens that needed binoculars to see. This is not acceptable in this day and age for a flight that is 12 hours+. Legroom was just about ok but the pillow we were given looked as if it had been used for at least the last five years. The evening meal was ok if you are being generous but the breakfast was appalling - inedible roll and some sort of stodgy cake. I have never flown that distance before without having a hot meal - very disappointing. Unbelievably, after we had been travelling for a very long time, we were expected to pay for any refreshments we had on the final leg from Madrid to Heathrow. I really felt like telling the staff what a disgrace it was. Would never choose Iberia again given any choice at all.

Iberia Customer review :  21 July 2014 by T Valeria (Costa Rica)

San José, Costa Rica to Madrid. I made the mistake of booking twice with Iberia in the last month because they are the only ones that have a direct flight to Madrid and it would get me One World miles but it was an absolutely terrible experience. The SJO-MAD flight I already took was terrible. I booked a window seat via phone and didn't get a window but a terrible seat after the emergency exit that reduces your already very limited space. The plane was dirty, there was food scattered around my seat. Even the magazines were old and dirty. For a 10 hour flight there is no inflight entertainment: only a couple of screens far away that don't work well. An already known Iberia fact but the food of course was bad. They have the worst customer service I've seen. This is definitely an airline that does not care about their customers. I have taken the same flight with United and KLM and even if it wasn't a direct flight it was better.

Iberia Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Simone Dotson (USA)

MAD to LAX in Economy, 07/18/2014, IB 6171. 4 hours delayed cause by a mechanical problem, no one single concrete bit of information about what was going on, Flight was delayed, no apologies, no compensation, no explanation. Iberia ground staff was made up of staff acting like spoiled children. On the other hand, I have never seen such an unprofessional cabin crew. Everyone on board was feeling insecure and fed-up. The worst trip I have experienced. Old planes, no private inflight entertainment, extremely unprofessional cabin crew, horrible food quality, extremely low service (cabin crew disappear after take-off and reappear just before landing, no drinks served during flight). The plane looked extremely old and out dated, and even though it is almost a 13 hour flight this plane had no personal TVs for entertainment.

Iberia Customer review :  21 July 2014 by R Turner (Australia)

My wife and I flew Iberia from Vienna to Madrid in mid June 2014. The three and a half hour flight was undoubtedly the worst I have experienced anywhere. Absolutely no service (not even water) and seat pitch that is the shortest that I have experienced anywhere including budget airlines. If the lady in front of me had reclined her seat my knees would have been seriously damaged. It wasn't a particularly cheap flight and chosen as the only direct flight available between these two cities. Next time I would rather walk.

Iberia Customer review :  16 July 2014 by M Fernandez (Spain)

MAD-SVQ, operated by Iberia Express. I was offered an upgrade at check-in for 78€ and I got it. Fast track security was very nice, lounge was OK with lots of available seats and a decent selection of drinks and snacks. Boarding was a little chaotic because of the attitude of the passengers that didn't respected the boarding sequence. The cabin was in good condition and clean and FAs were friendly and attentive, inflight service was not generous but enough for a short flight, it is advisable to eat at the lounge given that you only get a tiny sandwich with some cheese onboard. The plane arrived in Seville 10 min ahead of schedule.

Iberia Customer review :  16 July 2014 by M Fernandez (Spain)

SVQ-MAD, operated by Iberia Express. At online check-in you get a random seat, if you want to change it you have to pay 6€. I got an aisle seat so it was OK for me. Boarding was done by zones. The crew was nice and helpful, the FAs were very proactive assisting passengers storing their baggage in the overhead compartments. Seat pitch was minimal, I'm 183cm tall and anyone taller than me would be very uncomfortable. The flight went by quickly and we landed 5 min ahead of schedule.

Iberia Customer review :  9 July 2014 by J Rodriguez (USA)

We flew Iberia for the first time this summer on our trip to Palma de Mallorca starting in Chicago O'Hare with a layover in Madrid. The experience was one I don't wish to repeat. First two days after booking our tickets, they contacted us to tell that our flights had been cancelled and that we would receive a refund. I went online to check the status of said flights and they were still available just a lot more expensive. After hours on the phone trying to reach a representative they finally honored the tickets at the price we paid but not w/out giving us a lot of grief. On the day of the flight airport staff were rude and would not honor the selected seats we had picked and only offered seats at 55€€per person. Once on the flight we discovered a lot of the non - Spanish passengers had similar issues. On the food, I can only say that I've had some bad airplaine food but this was on a different level. The entertainment onboard was fine with lots of options and the seats were small but not too bad. To give perspective to this review I've flown to Europe before on similar trips before on American Airlines and the experience has been 100% better.

Iberia Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Serna Alfonso (Belgium)

I fly from Brussels to Miami via. Madrid, at least four times a year. Iberia has improved dramatically the quality of the service. The aircraft's for the leg Madrid Miami are quite new, sometimes brand new. The entertainment system is great, with individual screens. Flight attendants are making an effort to be helpful and attentive. Flights are very often on time. In the past five years I never missed my connection in Madrid. Food on board was really poor in the past but is ok now. Talking about prices, the are extremely competitive.

Iberia Customer review :  4 July 2014 by Bond Steve (UK)

Having flown MAD-SJO earlier in the month flew SJO-MAD overnight for the return journey. Both flights left on time, went well, passed quickly and were thoroughly enjoyable experiences. Having flown Iberia in the past the airline is now much improved. The Madrid Airport lounge also provided everything I needed between connections. All being well I hope to use Iberia again on this route in the future.

Iberia Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Sylvia Rodriguez (UK)

I flew MAD-MIA and back on the airbus 330. Comfortable seats and personal inflight entertainment with a selection of films, games, etc. Food was ok. Flight attendants not interested and rushed the services to finish quicker. I went to the galley to ask for a glass of water and they gave it to me but they didn't seem very happy. Their English is very basic.

Iberia Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Rogers David (UK)

LHR - Madrid - Lima and Quito - Madrid - LHR. My biggest gripe was lack of entertainment. The website seemed to indicate that personal screens were supplied on long-haul. I consider 11 hours and 10.5 hours long-haul. The only screens were above central row and almost impossible to see from window seats. Food was on the poor side of acceptable. Also note (though not Iberia's fault) Madrid security confiscate duty free drinks when passing through.

Iberia Customer review :  11 June 2014 by David Worcester (UK)

MAD-LHR. Business class. In the interest of fairness, after my horrid mid-haul experience from TLV, I want to report my continuing flight back to London. Very pleasant welcome by the lady purser and her male colleague. I could tell this flight would be good, and it was. After take off menus were given out and then a drinks run and the wine options were explained by the personable cabin crew guy. The the purser came round with lunch, hake or beef and it was service with a friendly smile. A further drinks round was provided with a smile before a 30 minute early landing into Heathrow. So the simple conclusion is that the cabin crew can make or break a flight, win over or loose customers. This twosome won me over.

Iberia Customer review :  11 June 2014 by David Worcester (UK)

TLV-MAD, IB3319, Business Club. Horrid flight made so by a poor Purser serving the Business cabin. Seat belt sign on for 30 minutes after take and yet no turbulence whatsoever and no explanation. Then it was a further 30 minutes before any sign of service. No hot towels, no drinks, no engagement with passengers whatsoever. She brought breakfast and I asked if there was a menu and if there was a choice. She said no to both. This is hot breakfast only. I took my hot breakfast and found that after a mouthful of omelette, chicken and potato that it was cold. I said to the purser that if she is serving a hot breakfast then at least she could ensure it was hot. At this point any professional purser would jump into service recovery mode with maybe an apology, empathy, an alternative. No she said what do you want me to do. I suggested a replacement but she said there was only one meal for each passenger. No offer of more bread, croissant, fruit. Nothing. The flight is about 5 hours and during that time all that was offered was orange or water and coffee with breakfast. No seconds, no further drinks rounds. Iberia's website says on these flights you get hot breakfast and a cold snack. No snack served. The only thing that was cold was the service and my breakfast. This lady has lost Iberia a business class customer.

Iberia Customer review :  10 June 2014 by Harold Bush-Howard (UK)

Madrid to Bogotá on 29 May in Business. I find the new business class seat claustrophobic. They are very narrow and I felt trapped, especially when I put the seat in bed position. The strange thing is that there is a gap of around 12cm between the seat and the wall, which could have been used to make the seat more comfortable and wider. The food, as I expected, was just ok and boring. Iberia should try to make it catering more interesting. 5 star Michelin chef and everything, but the food is not worth it. Before landing we were given, surprise, surprise, the usual selection of dry ham and cheese with bread. Come on, I know they are very Spanish and Iberia wants to showcase the best of Spain, but please offer something else or spruce up the menu a bit. The flight attendants were excellent.

Iberia Customer review :  6 June 2014 by W Kauffeld (Germany)

IB 3539, May 25, MUC-MAD. May 30, MAD-MUC. Most uncomfortable seats I have had: Very low space, and even worse: Their metal fixing to the floor and the cage for under seat luggage prevented every movement of my legs and shoes. No free beverages, even no water.

Iberia Customer review :  6 June 2014 by B Ogunyemi (USA)

Travelled from USA to Lagos via Madrid, December to January 2013, flight from USA was fair, but from Madrid to Lagos and Lagos to Madrid horrible. No entertainment whatsoever for the entire flight, there was just no single TV or audio for a 6hr flight. Food was bad, no food selection, everybody served same thing. This had been ongoing for a long time from other passengers, especially to Africa. Will never fly Iberia.

Iberia Customer review :  5 June 2014 by M Comfort (USA)

Very disappointed with our experience with Iberia on a few levels. We were flying from Madrid to LAX as a second leg of our trip, and then from LAX to Phoenix. First, we board the plane in Madrid about 45 minutes late. The plane looked extremely old and out dated, and even though it is almost a 13 hour flight this plane had no personal TVs for entertainment. We taxi for a while, and then are told there was a technical problem and we needed to return to the gate. They said there would be a new plane ready for us in about 15 minutes. We then sat in the airport for about 3 hours before anyone told us anything. We finally boarded a new plane, which actually looked even older than the first one, and left about 5 hours late. We then landed in LAX at 8.00, with a connection to make at 9.35. The Iberia attendants just told us to try to the make the flight. Of course, by the time we got through customs and over to the next terminal we missed our flight. We had to go back to Iberia's counters, wait in another 1 hour line, and were told we get out the next day. Needless to say we finally got home but about 18 hours later than we thought we would.

Iberia Customer review :  4 June 2014 by J Bacallado (Spain)

GRU-MAD, great flight, departed on time, arriving 50 min early at Madrid. Once on board new business seats, very comfortable, window seat feels very private. Nice lunch and selection of wine. Snack served mid-flight and breakfast before arrival. All in good condition, crew nice, IFE ok.

Iberia Customer review :  3 June 2014 by John Sanders (USA)

I flew from Venice, Italy on Iberia, through Madrid and on to Chicago. I must say, after the flight to Italy on British Air, the Iberia flight was a great relief! The food was good, the in flight entertainment outstanding, and the seats were very comfortable (I'm 6'2" and I've rarely said that about airline seats).

Iberia Customer review :  22 May 2014 by H Jung (Romania)

MAD-LIM and LIM-MAD in May 2014, new aircraft, excellent entertainment, food served twice, refreshments when asked all the time, boarding according to the seat row. They issued luggage label to final destination (CUZ) but did not advise us that luggage must be collected in Lima even if we traveled to Cuzco, in order to pass customs control. We had to claim it in Cuzco over LAN and it took two days to receive it.

Iberia Customer review :  20 May 2014 by G Matthews (Canada)

On my first leg they were 3 hours delayed and the extent of their compensation was a $20 voucher for the next trip I'd book as long as it was within 6 months. This paled in comparison to my return trip when they completely cancelled my flight and booked me on a flight 10 hours earlier without notification. Needless to say this caused me to miss the flight and caused significant logistical and financial burdens for the remainder of my travels as they were unable to reschedule me on a flight for two days.

Iberia Customer review :  18 May 2014 by J Bacallado (Spain)

MAD-GRU, Sao Paulo. Night flight leaving Madrid after midnight. Check in fast and easy, fast track no line, and arriving IB lounge in less tan 15 min. Lounge is usually busy at that hour, but free seating available. Lots of food and drinks. Boarding on time. New business, window seat feels very private, comfortable and quiet. Just wanted to rest, no dinner for me, manage over 7hrs of sleep. FA very nice, IFE new system, great screen. Hot Breakfast before arrival, 40 min early. Got my bag short 15 min after arrival. Great product.

Iberia Customer review :  18 May 2014 by N Sutherland (UK)

MAD-LHR. Last minute booking but I thought pretty expensive at €720 one way... Flight was on time. Boarding was a joke with all the passengers queuing up in the air bridge for 10 mins before boarding the aircraft. Despite the cost no drinks or snacks were offered without paying for them... Overpriced for a 2 1/2 hr flight.

Iberia Customer review :  18 May 2014 by Peter George (Germany)

MUC-GUA because I got a very good deal. The price was phenomenal! Anyway I am a little spoiled because I usually fly with Emirates, Qatar and Etihad. There were no personal TV for the 12 hours flight and the Big TV for everybody showed three boring movies! MUC-MAD didn't include any drinks or snack and the seats were very tiny. All flights were in time.

Iberia Customer review :  18 May 2014 by Harold Bush (UK)

Madrid to Bogota at the end of April in the old business class seats and had a very good flight expect for the food. Spanish cuisine is of the most delicious and interesting in the world and Iberia hired several Michelin-starred chefs to deal with their catering but this airline serve some awful stuff onboard. My started, Salmorejo, was very good, even though it was served from a Tetra Pak container. Yet, my main course tasted as though it was bought from KFC and then they poured some sort of gravy over it. It was dreadful. I did not mind the old business plus seats as the cabin was almost empty but I expected a good meal. I do not drink so cannot comment on their wines. Shame on IOberia, you are not a good ambassador to Spain's wonderful cuisine. As for the second meal, again dreadful: the usual dry and fatty ham, bread. tomato sauce, cheese etc. I have been using Iberia to travel to Latin America for many years and this second meal is the same. Time to change. Those expensive chefs are useless. Listen to your passengers, not to them. I have a flight with them at the end of the month and will take my own food. The good thing apart from the seats is that the flight attendants are very charming, they engage with passengers and are not grumpy as they used to be. The connecting in Madrid from London was easy and Iberia's lounge is excellent with a very good selection of food and drinks.

Iberia Customer review :  17 May 2014 by L Sipila (France)

Paris to Buenos Aires on Iberia, simply because their Business Class costs almost half of what you pay for AF. Since its such a long flight anyway, the two hour transit in Madrid didn't really bother me. Departure from Orly in Paris is always a better choice as you'll be leaving from a small airport without the hassle and the crowds of CDG. The IB Business lounge at ORY is very good with excellent food options, and even if it is located before security checks, but with IB Business Class you get Fast Track security check, and you have no queues. During the two hour flight to Madrid you get a very decent hot breakfast, served by friendly FA's. Transit at Madrid T4 is very easy and despite the long distances I was in the long-haul terminal business lounge within 20 minutes after landing. Unfortunately it gets very busy before noon, with all flights to North & South America leaving more or less same time. Once on board the A340-600, I was thrilled to see the new cabin layout, providing a very clever single seating and privacy for nearly everyone. The seats are very comfortable, turning easily to a fully flat bed. On the 12 hours MAD-BUE sector, I managed to sleep for almost half of the flight. The crew was very polite and available at all times. The downside is with catering, where Iberia promotes Spanish cuisine, but it may not be to everyone's taste, when your lunch choice consists of roasted pig, baked cod or vegetarian lasagne. For the starter the foie gras was nice but in Business you shouldn't serve a gaspacho direct from a carton box! No cheese or fruit available for dessert, just sweet puddings. The biggest disappointment was the second meal served after 10 hours flying; just some cold greasy ham with bread and a fruit salad. Times may be rough, but you would expect at least a second hot meal with a choice for such long flight. All in all, the new Iberia Business Class is excellent for its value for money, seat comfort and fully lie-flat bed, friendly staff, easy transfer in Madrid but fails badly in catering, despite all their marketing efforts to involve renowned Spanish chefs.

Iberia Customer review :  11 May 2014 by K Otto (UK)

Flew from Madrid (MAD) to Santiago de Chile (SCL) with this airline on May 19th 2014 and was highly disappointed by catering options and on-board entertainment and service. Aircraft: Iberia operates the A340-600 with the old color scheme for this route. Flight Duration: 14hr (due to strong headwinds). Return Flight: same aircraft. Class: Economy. Price: GBP 614 for a return flight from FRA with a 2hr stop in MAD. Inflight entertainment: The were no personal monitors. We were sitting quite far from the big screen at the front row. This made watching the 3 movies shown during the flight difficult. Besides, there was a lot of image noise and the screen was flattering occasionally. You could really see a grey noise stripe moving from one end of the screen to another all the time. Food and Beverages: Since we left MAD past midnight, Iberia thinks it can skip a meal as it expects the passengers to sleep (what else do you want to do on a 14hr flight without any kind of on-board entertainment). Dinner was served 1hr after departure. Whisky or any other liquor (except beer and wine) was not on the trolley. I was told to kindly wait but nothing happened. We were served breakfast consisting of a dry ham sandwich (white bun, no lettuce and butter, tasted horrible) ca. 1.5h before arrival in SCL. No meals were served in-between, which means 10+ hours without food. We got served a small salami sandwich on the way back as a snack though. But in comparison to what I have experienced flying e.g. Asiana, Qantas, Lufthansa or even US Airways (not my first choice though), this is absolutely unacceptable. Staff service: You had to go to the kitchen to get a glass of water as no drinks were served in-between, too. Not sure what the flights attendants were doing between meals but I haven's seen them offering any refreshments or taking care of the 350+ guests between the meals. Seat comfort: Seats were comfortable and I felt I had more legroom (I am 6.3, 190cm) than e.g. on an intercontinental US Airways, Delta or Qantas flight. Overall: (7/10). (-) Worst-in-class food, poor service, and no in-flight entertainment. (+) GBP 614 for a return ticket was a bargain, comfortable seats in the Economy class with sufficient legroom for tall passengers.

Iberia Customer review :  8 May 2014 by K Pawel (Poland)

TXL-MAD-PTY return. 1st leg from MAD on a brand new A330, return on old A346. It was like flying 2 completely different airlines! The new A330 is excellent, bright and clean. The inflight entertainment system worked well with a good selection of movies. The seat pitch is good and I'm a tall person. Surprisingly (after my last trip with Iberia to EZE) I was not starving at the end of the flight. We arrived to Panama with 1hr delay due to heavy traffic in Madrid and delayed departure. Return leg on an old (not refurbished) but clean A346. Got the emergency seat with extra legroom. Flight full. No individual monitors. Arrived ahead of schedule. TXL-MAD legs with Iberia Express where no food/water provided. I would definitely fly again with Iberia, especially if possible to choose A330. Excellent value for money.

Iberia Customer review :  7 May 2014 by J Lynch (Canada)

We flew 4 legs on Iberia, back and forth from Malaga to Marrakech, with a short stop in Madrid each time. All the flights left nearly on time, and if we didn't, the pilot made up for it in the air. We purchased food on one of the flights, cheese/crackers. It was good, much better than the sandwiches we decided to buy in Madrid on the way back. The plane was new and clean. The leg room is horrible, luckily the flight is short. I would not book this size of plane for a 2 hour flight.

Iberia Customer review :  5 May 2014 by John Bruinsma (Malaysia)

IB6400 on May 1st. Mexico City to Madrid in business class, excellent seats, fantastic food and crew.

Iberia Customer review :  1 May 2014 by J Buades (UK)

MAD-LHR. I was upgraded to Business Class so the experience was notably improved. Boarding process was smooth, although the T4 Satellite is a mess due to the works in the duty free area, you could tell that many people got lost in the way to the gate. Departure was on time and lunch service was better than expected, specially wine choice. I still prefer BA to fly to London, but Iberia is slowly catching-up.

Iberia Customer review :  30 April 2014 by Judy Sparrow (USA)

My husband and I were on the flight from Madrid to New York on 15th April. We were supposed to land at 2.30pm and it was about 8.30pm when we finally landed. The pilot kept trying to land at JFK and could not because of the weather. We had to go to Boston and refuel, then go back to New York to land. I want to commend the pilot and all the crew on the flight. They handled everything very professionally. The pilot kept everyone apprised of what was happening, and even came out and spoke to everyone in English and Spanish when we were on the ground in Boston. When we landed we had to talk to the staff at the Iberia Air counter to figure out how to get home. There were many people in the same situation as us so we had to wait quite a while. Given a hotel for the night, given meal vouchers, told us where to catch a shuttle to the hotel and arranged flights for the next afternoon. What was a really bad situation was made a lot more tolerable because of the crew on the plane and the staff at the counter at the airline terminal. I would and will certainly recommend Iberia.

Iberia Customer review :  29 April 2014 by C Lanz (Switzerland)

SXB-MAD-MIA-MAD-SXB in C-class. All in all a very good experience. While the check-in and airport facilities in SXB provides no benefits (e.g. no lounge not even a voucher) for C-Class passengers, MAD airport is clean, easy to navigate and the IB-lounges (T4 and T4S) are very nice, roomy with good food and drinks (wine). Connecting flights to MAD were operated by Air Nostrum in small Canadair jets. I liked the flights and even the catering was very good; even better than on the last leg with IB from MIA to MAD. FA on the Air Nostrum flights were very nice and service orientated. We were happy to have the new A330 on the MAD-MIA-MAD sectors and I have to say, that the seat is one of the most comfortable I ever experienced in any C-class. IFE is good and has a large screen. FA's were nice and helpful on the MAD-MIA sector, not so on MIA-MAD. Drinks are extensive with nice wines, especially the red ones. Food was so-so. The only thing I would consider for IB is the long process before serving dinner on the late-night departure for the MIA-MAD leg. One wants to sleep as fast as possible on such legs eastbound but it took them over 2 hours to complete first service and switch off the lights. Furthermore, breakfast was minimal (no choices). However, I would not hesitate to use them again - good product!

Iberia Customer review :  29 April 2014 by Jose Rincon (Venezuela)

MAD-CCS in the new business class 1-2-1. What an improvement. It is similar to the new Alitalia Business Class and even close in comfort to Cathay. Nice space, great screen and IFE selection. Seats a little narrow but more than OK. Great private space specially if you are in the windows. Iberia was always famous for it rude FA's, but I must say the last 3 times, they have proved that theory wrong. Great service. Good food and plenty of bubbles.

Iberia Customer review :  28 April 2014 by R Ford (USA)

April 22 2014, IB 3950, MAD-SVQ return April 2014. Although the seating and pitch on the A320-200 was very, very tight the flight attendants worked hard to assist everyone with their luggage. Water in a cup was the only thing you don't have to pay for. The flight attendants were professional, helpful and friendly.

Iberia Customer review :  24 April 2014 by N Barnsley (Spain)

MAD-LHR-MAD. Hassle free bag drop and security at both Barajas and Heathrow. Everything on time and rapid passport control and baggage reclaim on both sectors too. The leg room on the A321s was the most generous I've experienced in short haul economy class, and the FAs were efficient - but certainly not as friendly as they perhaps could be. What does let Iberia down though is the buy on board catering, which smacks of low cost - which it isn't - rather than national flag carrier.

Iberia Customer review :  23 April 2014 by M Isberg (Sweden)

We were a group of 5 guys going from Copenhagen to Madrid to watch football. We had paid a lot of many for direct flight and booked 3 months in advance. When we got on the plane they said that there were not enough seats. I told the staff that I had a seat number on my boarding ticket but they said that they didn't use the seating numbers and that 3 of us had to get off. We had to wait 17 hours to get the next flight. We got no help. The staff couldn't understand English at the service desk in Madrid Airport.

Iberia Customer review :  22 April 2014 by M Elósegui (Spain)

BCN-MAD-MOW. Great flight with pleasant crew and service. Most comfortable seats in any European airlines and always very professional. I always try to fly Iberia, I have never had any complaints towards them.

Iberia Customer review :  17 April 2014 by S Reznick (USA)

The worst trip and airline I have experienced. Ticket said Barcelona-JFK. Only tiny letters at the bottom said (change of equipment in Madrid). Our flight was delayed and Barcelona staff knew before we boarded that bad weather was canceling most flights out of Madrid, but they would not share this info with passengers. En route I knew something was wrong, promised that there would be help when we got off. There was no info about anything. No announcements whatever. One small kiosk with 4 people was all there was to serve hundreds of people and the line did not progress. Finally found someone who called US for me on their cell and I rebooked with my US travel agent! Then the chaos assigning hotels, however it really didn't matter where I ended up at this point.

Iberia Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Alan Jenkins (UK)

Our trip from Quito to Madrid on Iberia Flight 6464 was probably the most dreadful flight experience my wife and I have ever endured. The flight was made late because of the late arrival of flight crew. Food was absolutely disgusting. Service, particularly from the female staff, was extremely rude. Because of the flight being late, we missed our connecting flight to London. In every single case, we found Iberia staff completely uncaring, unprofessional, rude and obnoxious. I would never fly with Iberia again.

Iberia Customer review :  11 April 2014 by P J Trebuchet (United Arab Emirates)

BCN-NCE, March 28th. Flight operated by grotty Vueling but ticket was purchased through Iberia. No assistance offered by Iberia, not one of the One World alliance advantages I legitimately could pretend has been respected. No priority check-in, no VIP lounge, no priority boarding and no on-board catering. Flight was delayed, no apologies, no compensation, no explanation. Iberia ground staff was made up of staff acting like spoiled children. On the other hand, I have never seen such an unprofessional cabin crew. Everyone on board was feeling insecure and fed-up. Claims to Iberia and Vueling ignored. Iberia violates its One World alliance commitments and is proud of it.

Iberia Customer review :  9 April 2014 by M Patrick (Switzerland)

GVA-MAD-UIO in Economy. As usual, as everyone of my Iberia trips I do twice a year from Europe to South America, a simply horrific experience. Old planes, no private inflight entertainment, extremely unprofessional and not motivated cabin crew, horrible food quality, extremely low service (cabin crew disappear after take-off and reappear just before landing, no drinks served during flight). The only reason why I choose Iberia again and again is because they often are the cheapest ones, but every Iberia long haul flight is a real torture.

Iberia Customer review :  7 April 2014 by R Wilking (Germany)

DUS-MAD in Economy and MAD-SCL in Business, first leg without anything to call a service, but for 2 hours and knowing it in advance. 2nd leg excellent crew, very good food, excellent beverages in the 46 pax cabin of the A340-600. I am 1.75 m and could lie completely flat, over 1.80 it might be a little too short. All single seats, so nobody to crawl over. With a night cap of excellent Spanish brandy and earplugs I managed to sleep. Good breakfast over Paraguay, smooth landing.

Iberia Customer review :  7 April 2014 by A Camacho (Switzerland)

MIA-MAD-GVA. Good flight, good service, after long time avoiding Iberia I gave it a try to test the new A330 product. Must say I was impressed. I would fly them again in the future.

Iberia Customer review :  31 March 2014 by T Powell (Spain)

MAD-GVA-MAD. A pre confirmed aisle seat which magically turned into a center seat during check in was a bad start. I am 5 feet 10 inches and the space between the bottom of my back and my knees is greater than the space between the rows of seats on the A320. That means sitting with both legs either pointing sideways or spread apart, either way extremely uncomfortable. No food or beverage but items for sale but with the seating position there is no way I can get my wallet out of my trouser pocket to pay anyway. This is an exceptionally unpleasant experience but if you have short legs and no service needs Iberia might be the airline for you. They have taken to making lots of customer friendly announcements including the catch phrase 'The Joy of Flying' which I find exceptionally hypocritical.

Iberia Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Pablo Ortiz (Spain)

MAD-GUA in business class on March 14th in A340-600. Even though it has not refurbished yet your business class seat offers you such large space so that you do NOT need to jump your neighbour in case you need to reach the aisle. Seat is lie-flat and very comfortable. Cabin crew are very pleasant and wine selection is top notch. Food could be better but I cannot complain as wines and spirits outweighs the balance. Both AVOD and cabin cleanliness are things Iberia should improve. I would recommend it.

Iberia Customer review :  26 March 2014 by I Sanchez (Spain)

MAD-ORY. I was offered an upgrade to business for 60 Euros one way doing my check-in. Nice touch! The computer system went down at Barajas, thank goodness I had downloaded the boarding pass on my smartphone. Although the system was down, both crew and passengers made the boarding easy. Food was good, crew nice and plane arrived on time. Getting to Paris-Orly the have shuttles that get you to the hotel for 15 Euros each way, on the way back I got the tube and it was 11.65, so definitely will get the shuttle again next time. Plus I could work with my computer all the trip.

Iberia Customer review :  25 March 2014 by Pepe Kinnear (Spain)

Madrid to Chicago O'Hare on an Airbus A330-300. IB 6275, MAD-ORD flight was during the day and lasted 10 hours. The new business class seat was very comfortable and spacious. The cabin crew were nice! They have improved their English a lot since the last time I flew with them in January 2013. The food was also very nice. IB 6274, ORD-MAD flight was during the night and lasted 8 hours more or less. The amenity kit included earplugs and many other things, so I got asleep very quickly. The cabin crew was very nice, food excellent specially breakfast. It seems that the new Iberia is much better than the old one. The Airbus A330-300 made no noise at all, but the only thing I missed was the minibar that used to be in the other planes such as the A340, but in the end the flight was perfect and I hope to fly with them again!

Iberia Customer review :  24 March 2014 by S Milton (UK)

Madrid - Quito and Lima - Madrid - London. A truly miserable experience. Despite reserving a window seat five months before travelling, I only got it on two of the flights and in both instances had to get my seat re- allocated and on an 11 hour flight got a window seat with no window. The food was best described as appalling and was not included on all of the flights. The passengers who had previously had my seats clearly thought the same as a lot of the food was still scattered around the general vicinity. The inflight entertainment was on central screens, the earphone points didn't work properly and the choice of films was dire. In short, never again.