Iberia Customer Reviews and Iberia Passenger Trip Reports

Iberia Customer review :  18 December 2014 by J Randal (France)

Just flew from Nice to Madrid, then onto San Jose Costa Rica, on Iberia economy. I am Star Alliance Gold and OneWorld Sapphire and travel a lot, both in business and economy. This flight happened to be in economy and I felt like I stepped on a plane from the 90s! There was no personal inflight entertainment! We are in 2014, almost 2015, and on a 10 hour 40 minute flight we had no choice of movies. Absolutely shocking. Captain didn't say a word the whole flight, cabin crew were rude and inattentive, highlighted by the fact the toilets were covered in toilet paper on the floor and no one cleaned it up, and that they took 1.5 hours to clear away trays. Would hate to see Iberia's crews in an emergency situation. Seat was uncomfortable to say the least and for 1200 euros return I want more for my money, even in economy. They should be ashamed that they offer such a poor product, so far behind all other major airlines. Cabin crew are paid 33% less than they used to be 17 years ago, hence the poor attitude. Will not fly them again. All that we needed to see was that they still had a smoking section on the plane, would have fitted in perfectly with their "retro" style seating. Honestly absolutely shocking and how they are in business I will never know.

Iberia Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Paul De Valle (USA)

The MAD-JFK segment of our American Airlines itinerary was on Iberia. As mentioned by other reviewers, Iberia's seat selection system is a travesty. It's only purpose is to increase revenue, pure and simple. At check-in we were assigned seats 42A and 42C at the very rear of the plane. Described by SeatGuru as "bad," these were actually OK since there was room to recline and no lavatory behind us, which meant no passengers loitering around waiting to use the head. (Seats 42J & 42L on the opposite side is probably a different story.) The new A330-300 was a pleasure to fly and the flight attendants were friendly and attentive. The usual Spanish aloofness was certainly absent on this flight. Our overall experience was very good but I'd hesitate to book another flight with Iberia unless they dump their seating assignment system.

Iberia Customer review :  10 December 2014 by T Harvey (Canada)

MAD-ORD. After avoiding flying long-haul with Iberia for over 5 years I thought I would give them a try again. I was pleasantly surprised. The flight to Chicago was a new Airbus A330-300 with a bright spacious interior with mood lighting, modern seats, ample legroom and a great tablet like in-flight entertainment system with a decent selection of movies. The on-board service was good though the main meal was mediocre: chewy chicken and a rather dry bread roll - snack prior to arrival was a big better. Other than this, I would fly Iberia again.

Iberia Customer review :  4 December 2014 by J Rugh (USA)

This is a hard review to write. The flight was great, good food, clean cabin, excellent entertainment options, however most of the interaction with Iberia staff were unacceptable. It started when I tried to advance select seats. They system would not let me and I had to call Iberia. An unpleasant agent told me that since I had used a "travel agent" (actually on line booking) the "agent" had to make to selection and pay the fee. From then on it seemed as if every employee was doing the minimum customer service. When we got on a transatlantic flight the on- board entertainment system (seat back TVs) was on. Many people had their own headphones (they clearly knew the routine on Ibearia) and settled down for a movie. I finally got up and went back to a cabin attendant and asked for a headphone. he very rudely told me they would be passing them out and to sit back down. An hour later (honest) they finally passed out earphones. It was that way the entire flight. When we tried to check in online for a flight the evening before in Seville we could never get the internet system to accept our information. We went to the airport early to check in we went to a ticket agent who was very nice and sent us to the proper flight check in counter, but there was no one there and several people in line. I went back to the agent and asked if there was a check in agent. He called and said "I guess they are not working yet." Yes, in addition to the ticket agent a couple of agents were very friendly and helpful, but overall they simply had no interest in providing acceptable customer service. So, based on the mechanical equipment and food I would recommend Iberia, but I would not recommend Iberia based on the customer service provided.

Iberia Customer review :  4 December 2014 by A Pineda (USA)

First and last experience with Iberia. They are by far the worse airline we have ever flown and will never use them again. They do not allow the customer to choose their seats until 24 hours prior to the flight unless you are willing to pay an additional $40.00 per ticket which they do not disclose to you until after you have made your purchase. When you finally go in 24 hours prior to your flight, their system selects your seats and even if you are flying as a family they do not give you seats together forcing you to pay the $40.00 per person to change the seats at their counter which you did not even select to begin with.

Iberia Customer review :  1 December 2014 by João Martins (Portugal)

17th Oct, flights IB7990 and return IB7989. I flew from Portugal to Cancun via Madrid last month. I booked directly on Iberia's website and received e-mail confirmation that the ticket was booked. I received a second e- mail informing me of what entertainment features I would have aboard the Airbus A330-300 which included one screen per person in the back of the seat in front. Once we got to Madrid, we found out that Iberia was doing a codeshare with a small Spanish company called Evelop! The plane belonged to Evelop and was a A330-300, however, it was a charter and as such, the plane was crammed with over 400 people leaving no leg room. Food aboard the plane was awful, having given us some rice (no protein) at the beginning of the flight and a snack just before landing, leaving us 8 hours without food or drinks. There was no TV per person, instead, just three monitors at the front of the plane with a very faulty sound system. To make matters worse, on the way back, we were denied boarding unless we paid an extra €55/person because the airport taxes were not included in the price which Iberia failed to communicate this before hand. Finally, in Madrid, we went to Iberia's customer support desk to raise some questions regarding the flight. After a long wait, the clerk was incredibly rude and unhelpful. Her supervisor wasn't any better and shouted the whole time even though we were speaking in a calm manner. I won't be flying Iberia again!

Iberia Customer review :  1 December 2014 by M Elósegui (Spain)

BCN-MAD-BCN - I use the Barcelona-Madrid shuttle quite frequently and it is a great service. Check-in is fast in the Air shuttle terminal, there is no security line, and you can arrive at the airport just 20 minutes in advance. It is a short flight (55 minutes), that's why I prefer it over the high speed train (3 hours). The only thing I don't like is that they don't offer free drinks. It is a pity that they have cut down frequencies, although there are still somewhere around 35 flights per day operated by Iberia. I would really recommend this service.

Iberia Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Umberto de Eccher (Italy)

8th Nov, Madrid Barajas to Venice Marco Polo, flight IB3248. I fly Iberia regularly because is the only solution to fly Venice - Madrid. The flight fares are extremely overpriced and the service is comparable and sometimes worse than a low-cost airline. Ground service and check-in service has a lot to improve, tickets can be bought only and exclusively by the passenger (and not from a parent, or husband) because they will ask for your Credit Card at the check-in and boarding, cabin food is not complimentary.

Iberia Customer review :  25 November 2014 by R Nichols (UK)

LHR-MAD-GIG. Failed to honour seat reservations I had paid extra for. Customer Service Desk unavailable at 18.00 at LHR. Customer service desk at MAD disinterested and dismissive. Airbus 340-600 economy class seats uncomfortable for length of journey. Food was, by a long margin, the worst I have encountered on an aircraft. Cabin crew not very attentive. Inflight entertainment excellent. I was reluctant to fly Iberia because of their poor reputation. They succeeded in fulfilling my expectations. Never again. Return journey EZE-MAD-LHR no better.

Iberia Customer review :  20 November 2014 by J Kotze (UK)

We booked to fly Madrid-Sao Paulo and I was very nervous about this having never used Iberia before and reading some mixed reviews. I must admit that I was even thinking of cancelling the booking after my wife had made it due to the reviews. Well, having flown yesterday I can comfortably sit here in Sao Paulo this morning and say I'm glad I gave them a chance. I had a great flight! The customer service, food, onboard entertainment and seat comfort was great. Thank Iberia, you have a new customer.

Iberia Customer review :  20 November 2014 by M Fernandez (UK)

LHR-MAD-LHR. Fast check-in at both airports with friendly staff. The A321s were clean, comfortable and in good condition. Lots of legroom if you sit in the front rows. Cabin crew on the outbound flight nothing special, just did their job. On the return flight they were more friendly and attentive. I bought a ham sandwich on one of the flights and it was good, although I still consider that the menu is a little bit overpriced. Captains on both flights were chatty and gave many details about the flight, always interesting to hear them. I think Iberia is a good option given that sometimes they are not expensive at all, and I think you get more service for your money comparing to low cost airlines. I repeat that if they only offered some drinks for free onboard they would be a very good choice.

Iberia Customer review :  20 November 2014 by A Bree (The Netherlands)

On November 13 2014 I flew with Iberia (flight 6118) from Miami to Madrid, Business Class. The check-in, boarding and welcome by the staff was excellent, very friendly and punctual. My seat was 8A which was a very private Business Class seat. As the plane's departure time was 22.50, I skipped the meal and fall asleep right-away on the fully flat bed. The breakfast just before arrival was simple but good. I will not hesitate to fly again with Iberia up and down to Miami. A great airline and the Airbus 330-300 is great. From Madrid I flew on Iberia Express to Amsterdam. The business class is very cramped but adequate for a 2 hours flight.

Iberia Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Serna Alfonso (Belgium)

I flew BRU-MAD-MIA two weeks ago. I really liked the experience and can confirm that Iberia is improving its quality everyday. On the MAD-MIA flight I booked a seat on row 10 (first row in economy) with plenty of legroom. The entertainment was excellent, individual screen with lots of movies, series and music. Both flights were on time and the transit in Madrid was easy and I even had time to buy some newspapers and sandwiches for the flight. The flight attendants were helpful and attentive. The aircraft, a modern Airbus 330-300 was very comfortable. Things to improve: both pilots on both flights didn't talk to the passengers, not even once. Not very polite! Food could be better. Apart from that, the price was extremely convenient and I recommend this airline for this destination.

Iberia Customer review :  31 October 2014 by J Gamero (France)

ORY-MAD round-trip. A really nice experience with Iberia this time. Cabin crew very attentive and courteous both ways. Definitely better than my first experience in 1998 with a long haul flight. Easy boarding. We arrived ahead time in both legs. A nice seat (14F) in both flights with great legroom (better than AF or AER) of course. Aiming to repeat the experience.

Iberia Customer review :  31 October 2014 by G Alba (USA)

Flew Iberia from Boston to Madrid, 12 October 2014. Aircraft was a new A330-300 painted in Iberia's new colors, excellent IFE with plenty of movie/video choices. Dinner was nice, unfortunately breakfast did not happen due to extreme turbulence over Spain just prior to landing. Crew warm and friendly. Would fly this airline again.

Iberia Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Annettte Flotwell (France)

MAD-SJC on business class. Contrary to a dreadful economy class experience, this is the way to go. The seats weren't new, but very comfy, great windows, plenty of room to stretch even for my 6'6" partner. Great food, even in the vegetarian option. Unfortunately, there is not a pork free meal such as kosher, halal or fish, but what you get is ok. Good choice of drinks too, excellent olives. Great. Check-in in Madrid was fast and efficient, luggage handling good, staff very friendly and interested. Oh yes, reading material was plenty. Never looked at the entertainment because I had all of El Pais, the IHT and the Washington post to read. Partner tells me it was good. Morale: If you fly to Costa Rica with Iberia, go for business and you won't regret it. Fly economy and you will.

Iberia Customer review :  28 October 2014 by G M Jaime (USA)

Madrid (MAD) - Miami (MIA) in Economy Class (OneWorld Ruby). Transfer at MAD T4 was really good (lovely, illuminated, huge and intuitive Terminal 4) and very fast cause I was coming from the south of Spain. I was very lucky to fly in the new Iberia A330-300. The plane was all-brand-new, totally clean. The crew was very friendly and attentive (they seem to have improved the service a lot since the merge with British Airways). Flight was on time. Food was ok, the standard comparing to BA, AF, LX and AA. The selection of the Ribera del Duero Valley wines were very good. The new individual IFEs was awesome, as I was able to choose between a huge entertainment content. I consider remarkable that the new Airbus A330-300 make no noise at all and the take off and lading were very smooth. I hope to get the chance again to take a long-haul flight with Iberia due to its impressive improvements, specially once they will receive the new A330-200s and the A350-900 from 2015.

Iberia Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Annettte Flotwell (France)

SJC-MAD in an old cattle class plane. The most uncomfortable seats. I got a bad back, the seats are hollow so you have to sit upright for eleven hours without leaning against anything. The front seat was leaning back so I was jammed in like a sardine. My partner is 6'6" he was so unhappy that he was hardly able to stand up. I really suffered, spent most of the time standing up because I couldn't stand it in my seat. As there was no pork free choice of meal I went for vegetarian, which was horrible, dry rice and no sauce, accompanied by cold carrots. I showed it to a stewardess who kindly organised some tomatoes and olive oil from business class. It was certainly a never again experience. On the other hand, Madrid - Bordeaux was fine, a fantastic, comfy bombadier airplane with good seats and a friendly service. Go figure We did the other trip in business class which is a different review all together. Oh yes, there was no TV screen at all, but they had the cheek to give you an in flight magazine with non existing film channels!

Iberia Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Johanna de Jong (Netherlands)

We had a flight AMS-MAD-LPA, 27-09-2014 and return 6-10-2014, Iberia Express. Never have had less space for legs and the rest! (row 10). With the (magazine) compartment on the top part of the seat it is even worse. The English PA information we could hardly understand. Everything on-time. Boarding in groups is a great idea (other airlines used to do that as well). Not so good - no way to find a contact e-mail address or digital form to contact. I have become an Iberia Plus member - even then I could not find a contact e-mail.

Iberia Customer review :  28 October 2014 by D Chamberlain (UK)

Flew LHR-MAD in Business. Very impressed with the service of the cabin crew and the food and refreshments - really surprisingly good. Cabin crew attentive and hard working throughout the flight. Good operation at LHR to board the aircraft. Frustratingly, other aspects not top notch, left LHR 55 minutes late (though to be fair the Captain did get us to arrive in Madrid only a few minutes late - another plus to Iberia) and then at MAD we had to wait 50 minutes for our luggage, without any explanation. The aircraft is tired and elderly and needs to be replaced soon, I think. My first experience of Iberia and despite concerns before the flight I would happily fly with them again. Things seem to be improving based on reviews etc.

Iberia Customer review :  28 October 2014 by John Smith (UK)

GLA-LHR-MAD Return. Although I booked with Iberia, three of my flights were with BA and the legroom was good and they provided refreshments, free. The flight from Madrid to London was with Iberia and the legroom was terrible and you had to pay for refreshments. I had people from Canada sitting besides and they could not believe how cramped the legroom was. Also, it took 40 minutes for my bag to arrive, after the plane had landed. Never again will I fly with Iberia.

Iberia Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Gibbons Helen (UK)

I took an evening flight from LHR to MAD on a rotation operated with an Airbus A340. The business class configuration was four rows of 2-2-2 with a vast 80-inch-plus seat pitch. The cabin was half full on this occasion. Priority boarding worked well and on-board service was professional, but not warm or engaging. The food and wine was of good quality, although not of intercontinental standard and the starter and dessert differed completely from those advertised on the menu. The crew are clearly accustomed to this being a predominantly business flight. Meals were served and cleared quickly to allow passengers to work.

Iberia Customer review :  23 October 2014 by R Krzysztof (UK)

I flew from AGP via MAD to GIG. One hour connection time in Madrid, very tight. Iberia staff were waiting for us to make sure we would get our flight. New (one year old) A333. Legroom ok, seats comfortable (small pillow, blanket provided). First meal hot pasta with veg and spicy sauce, second meal about two hours before landing (some sandwich) not the best but ok if you are hungry. Lack of free alcohol (no vodka, no gin) Landing on time. Return GIG-MAD-ORY. On time, same aircraft. Meal some kind of beef with potatoes, second meal as above (nothing special). Landing in Madrid 20 min ahead schedule. Again problem with lack of alcohol. Second trip old A321 to ORY, no food, no drink - nothing at all. Overall good service for long haul flights, domestic flights hopeless. Cabin crew not happy.

Iberia Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Z Michal (Slovakia)

Worst airline I have used. My flight was from Vienna to Madrid and then to Santiago de Chile. Stewards don't really talk in English. They ignored the call button. You had to go to middle of the plane and get water for you yourself. Steward threw the food at you in the paper bag. No leg space (and I'm not tall). There's no in-flight entertaining system There were three TVs in middle of the plane, but English language was not working. You have to pay 40 euros for selecting the seat during the online check-in.

Iberia Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Helen Devries (Costa Rica)

SJO-MAD-BCN and return in economy. Iberia have improved out of all recognition since I last flew with them. The flight from Costa Rica was in a modern plane with excellent IFE, the food was good and the staff were attentive. There was a delay on the return flight due to non appearance of passengers and the plane was an older model with the screens above the seats but again the food was good and the staff attentive. The Madrid-Barcelona shuttle was a good experience too - friendly staff and rapid delivery of luggage.

Iberia Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Martin Fernandez (Spain)

MAD-LHR. Quick and hassle-free check-in. Departed on time and we would have arrived 20 minutes early but we had to enter a holding pattern so we finally arrived on time. Good seat comfort and pitch on an A321. I didn't have anything from the trolley. I observed they offered glasses of water free of charge. The crew was nice and attentive. Baggage came out on the belt very quickly. Overall a good experience, they did extremely well in punctuality which I think it was the most important aspect on that flight. I don't give them a 10 because I think they should offer soft drinks or coffee/tea for free.

Iberia Customer review :  2 October 2014 by J Bacallado (Spain)

SAL-MAD. Shared lounge at El Salvador, average, not very good selection of food or drinks. Boarding chaos as usual with IB. Once on board very nice small business cabin. Comfortable seats, lots of legroom. FA on this sector very nice, welcome drink, amenities, food during flight, selection of wines, all great!! Departed on time, arrival 30 min in advance, bags quickly on belt. Great value for money.

Iberia Customer review :  29 September 2014 by R Simon (Austria)

LIS-MAD-VIE on Sept 21, both legs in Business Class on an Airbus 320 and Airbus 321, respectively. Both legs were on time or almost on time. Slight delay into VIE not an issue. Transfer at MAD T4 hassle free although involved long walks due to size of terminal. No extra transfer security checks for intra-EU transfers. IBs Business lounge was excellent in all respects (comfort, drinks, food, available space, etc.). Only slight discomfort was that the WLAN vouchers handed out are restricted to 30 minutes, so that multiple vouchers and log-in were required. Seats in Business Class were economy seats with their middle seats empty. IB uses the same Recaro slim line seats that Star Alliance does for European flights, which are not the most comfortable option, but were ok due to better than average leg room. In flight service on both legs was excellent with friendly and attentive FAs. Food served was a plain, but tasty omelet with vegetables on the morning flight from LIS to MAD and a very good veal burger with potatoes (or a pasta dish) with a nice mixed salad on the second leg. Check in and security procedures in LIS were hassle free and a lot faster than expected after what at first glance looked like a bit of chaos with tons of people waiting and moving when entering the terminal early morning. But everything was handled quite well. IB uses the shared Blue Lounge is LIS, which was just OK. (TP’s premium lounge is far superior.) In VIE it took quite some time for the luggage to arrive, but that’s not IB fault and pretty much standard in VIE. First time I chose IB for the LIS-VIE route; which was due to a late booking and price. I have avoided IB for quite some time due it’s less than stellar reputation, but after two very good experiences last year on the transatlantic route I am more than willing to include them again in my travel plans. Excellent service in all respects, but long layover in MAD was less than optimal this time.

Iberia Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Martin Fernandez (Spain)

MAD-MIA-MAD. Check-in at Madrid Airport was busy but we managed to get through rather quickly. Check-in at MIA with no lines, lots of counters available. The plane was a new A330 on both flights. Seats were comfortable with standard pitch. IFE was very good, with lots of movies to choose from, easy to use and good responsiveness. Crews were really good, most of them were friendly and smiling and all of them were attentive. Food was OK, good quality and enough quantity with plenty of drinks served during the flight. Both flights were extremely punctual. All of this with an excellent value for money. Iberia has improved a lot on long haul flights, I hope they continue to be this good.

Iberia Customer review :  20 September 2014 by Andrei Bogdan (Romania)

My first time with Iberia and I was quite sceptical about this airline when I read the reviews from other customers. The flight was from Malaga to Rio de Janeiro with 1 hour stop in Madrid. We departed with a delay of almost half an hour because the air traffic control would not allow our flight to land on time because of heavy traffic in Madrid. The pilot from Malaga was extremely helpful, keeping us informed all the time about the situation and he did everything he could to arrive at a decent time. In my opinion, this is a big plus for Iberia. At Madrid, Iberia personnel waited for us at the gate to help us make a fast transfer to the transatlantic flight. MAD to GIG was with an Airbus A340-600 with the newly installed inflight entertainment system which is very nice with lots of movies, a good selection of music and ease of use. There was plenty of leg space, nothing to complain. Food was very good, served 3 times, never felt I was hungry. Overall I am very pleased with Iberia. Waiting for my next flight from Buenos Aires to Madrid.

Iberia Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Zoe Parsigian (USA)

I fly over 100,000 miles a year, and I have never had treatment as bad as Iberia. Was scheduled to leave Sunday at 5:30 pm. Left at 8:30. Flew an hour and came back to Boston. They told us nothing - the flight attendants were hiding and the pilot literally told us the weather in Boston as if that had been our planned destination. Another hour on the runway, and they finally let us off with no explanation. No one met the plane. No one apologized. No one told us what happened. We were eventually handed a tiny piece of paper with a phone number and were told to call after 10am the next day. Turned out that number was the worldwide call center for Iberia and they knew nothing. After many calls, someone finally told me we would definitely be leaving that day around 5:30 but that I had to call back at 10. At 10 they said they didn't know but they would call us. When they hadn't called by 12:30, I called and they said I had to go right down to the airport. Raced to the airport, where it was a madhouse and no one could explain anything. After almost 4 hours in line, with no information from anyone, they told me that they would put me on the next day's flight - something that certainly could have been done over the phone. On the flight, two days late. No air-con for 49 minutes as we sat there. Pulled away only to pull back because of an electrical problem. Another hour with no air-con. Finally, after a two-hour delay we took off.

Iberia Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Guerrero Egar (USA)

July 3/4 2014 on flight IB6165, Boston to Madrid and then on to Las Palmas, and back to Boston on July 23, IB6166. I frequently use Iberia's non-stop flight between Boston and Madrid and back. Of the about 20 flights I've flown only once was the flight delayed, and the staff have always been courteous. The food is standard airline fare. The entertainment on the last few flights has been fantastic.

Iberia Customer review :  10 September 2014 by Serna Alfonso (Belgium)

I use to travel from Brussels to Miami via Madrid at least four times a year. Iberia is improving its service dramatically! The aircraft assigned to that route is a brand new Airbus 330-300. The entertainment is excellent, individual screen, lots of movies, series, music, maps. The flights depart and arrive on time, and the connexion in Madrid Barajas is fast and smooth. The cabin crew is much, much nicer than before. Yes, there are still some "old style" cabin crew members, who perform their work without a smile, but most of the members now are nice, helpful and smiley. The food is just ok. The price is unbeatable!! It is the best ratio price/quality in the market for those flights. I am happy to fly Iberia.

Iberia Customer review :  10 September 2014 by L Nick (UK)

IB524 LHR-MAD, IB6827 MAD-GRU Generally commendable service. On the first leg business largely means having the seat next to you left free but the meal and service were perfectly acceptable. The business class leg from Madrid the Sao Paulo had commendable service and good food and drink. There might have been a had more storage and, when the seat was in the lie flat position it would have been tight for anyone more than 1.9m, but overall I would strongly recommend Iberia.

Iberia Customer review :  10 September 2014 by C Oosting (The Netherlands)

I was on flight AMS-MAD-MEX. The airplanes are old, but well maintained. Yes, you don't have your own inflight entertainment, but just bring your own. The seats were very comfortable and you had a lot of leg room (compared to KLM economy class). The climate onboard was wonderful, no dry eyes and it was not too hot or too cold. Most of the time when I get out of the plane after a long haul flight I am absolutely wrecked. The food was not that good I must say, but who eats these meals anyway? The flight attendants were very kind although sometimes when I asked for a glass of water he would just forget and I had to go out of my seat to get a glass. I must say they looked understaffed. I would definitely fly with Iberia again. The value for money is great.

Iberia Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Dan Knous (USA)

Iberia flight 3325 Malabo to Madrid, 27 August. Inadequate legroom. My legs were jammed against the seatback and caused me much pain. I should have walked off and taken Lufthansa. This was an A319 aircraft, no entertainment system. My second flight Madrid to Chicago was ok, but I won't fly Iberia again.

Iberia Customer review :  29 August 2014 by M Elósegui (Spain)

BCN-MAD-BOS. Very nice people at the check-in at Barcelona. BCN-MAD is always a fast and comfortable flight and takes only about 55 minutes (we landed early). Took the train to T4S and waited for 2 hours. The flight attendants were very polite, the food was fairly good and the new A330 is fantastic with a nice selection of movies, the new seats are fairly comfortable and landing in Boston was smooth. It was a really nice flight and I hope the return to Barcelona will be as good.

Iberia Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Javier Quimbayo (USA)

I booked a flight with Iberia, LAX to Madrid, Spain. Non-stop. Paid the premium of business plus. We arrived at LAX, check in was a breeze. I did however see a long line at Iberia's customer service counter. Boarding was chaos. When I reached my seat I found that soda had been spilt on the seat. The staff cleaned it up after a few minutes. Food was awful! Half way into the trip I attempted to recline my seat to the fully flat position and was unable to do so, it only reclined about 1/2 way. Staff indicated an issue with my particular seat had been noticed and I was informed that I would get a refund once we arrived in Madrid. Once we arrived in Madrid I went to the counter as indicated and described what had happened. No apology was offered nor given. I was simply told to file a complaint on their website and a refund would be made. I for one will never fly with Iberia again.

Iberia Customer review :  27 August 2014 by N Animashaun (Nigeria)

I flew Iberia with my two children from Lagos, Nigeria to London. We could not believe the size of the plane nor the fact that there was no inflight entertainment at all! It was clear that the plane did not have any screens, not even in business class! I did not realise that was possible in 2014! I have made a decision never to fly Iberia again and am just so grateful that we were booked on British Airways for the return flight.

Iberia Customer review :  27 August 2014 by F Polic (Croatia)

Flew from Rome (FCO) to JFK via Madrid. On the flight from Rome to Madrid we did have a 30-minute delay but managed to arrive on time. Seats on the Airbus A321 were comfortable and plenty of legroom. On flight from Madrid to JFK we took off on time and arrived half an hour before schedule. The A330-300 is very comfortable and has an amazing entertainment system. Over 15 movies to watch and some excellent TV shows and music. There is less legroom than on the A321 but still enough to enjoy the flight. Flight attendants on both flights were extremely polite. I was a bit worried because of the several reviews I read but I was pleasantly surprised. I would definitely fly again with Iberia.

Iberia Customer review :  27 August 2014 by V Carl (Germany)

MAD-SCL, in C-class, old A340 with ancient seats, lie-flat but everything else to be desired. Cabin Service was terrible, disinterested crew, food horrific, entertainment worse than other carriers in Y. Movie choice ridiculous! I ordered SFML, that turned out to be inedible! When giving the meal back to the stewardess the comment was don't order special meals, it always happens. Well apparently it only happens with Iberia. What sort of answer is that anyway? No apology whatsoever!

Iberia Customer review :  23 August 2014 by Enrique Simeone (Belgium)

IB 3205, 31/07/2014. IB 3206, 19/08/2014. BRU-MAD return c class, poor check in - fast track - poor boarding - inflight service is rather good in short and medium range hauls. Little but good food, and drinks are fine. Crew seems to be caring, although after take off, meal service, they disappear, how can you disappear in a A320/21/19? Anyway only take them because they are handy to go to S. America. All in all poor in every aspect. Ridiculous baggage allowance. Had to pay excess luggage even flying C class and being a premium member of One World. They have lost it completely.

Iberia Customer review :  19 August 2014 by S Franklin (France)

Travelled from Lima to Madrid on Iberia August 3rd. I was really dreading this flight as I had heard so many horrible things about Iberia and the thought of a 12+ hour flight with no personal entertainment system was slightly terrifying. I think a lot of their long-haul routes must still be with older aircraft with very poor amenities judging from the reviews, but the A340 I flew on looked like it was right out of the factory and had one of the best entertainment systems I have ever come across in an economy cabin. The food was completely up to standard compared with BA or AF and the staff perfectly courteous and attentive. I'd still be wary to travel with Iberia long-haul as it seems there is no minimum level of guaranteed service across their fleet, but this flight was extremely pleasant. This airline is on the right track!

Iberia Customer review :  15 August 2014 by M Studzinski (Poland)

Madrid-Geneva, Business Class. Smooth and easy check-in at Barajas Airport, Priority Security Line, and then Iberia Business Lounge - big and well equipped. Flight on time, nice and clean Airbus A320, very attentive (sometimes maybe even too much since I was the only passenger in Business Class!) and nice cabin crew, food was average though. Simple green salad, very dry chicken breast with buckwheat, horrible chocolate jelly. Good flight, but nothing to remember.

Iberia Customer review :  12 August 2014 by S Gamauf (UK)

I flew from Lima to Madrid about a week ago and was pleasantly surprised. After having read a couple of reviews I was a bit worried about the airline quality, having heard that Iberia would offer poor quality food and no individual entertainment devices. However, I have to say that both food and entertainment were satisfying and flight attendants were polite and helpful.

Iberia Customer review :  12 August 2014 by Nabi Mo (Netherlands)

On 24 July I flew from Brussels to Melilla. First leg to Madrid was operated by Iberia on an airbus A321. Plenty of space in economy class and service was good. Not too much movement/walking around by the seemingly experienced cabin crew, which I like. Flight departed on time and arrived 15 minutes ahead of schedule. After a just under 2 hours layover I boarded the next flight of my journey, IB3870 (MAD-AGP) operated by Iberia express on an airbus A320. Legroom was substantially less than on the previous flight and also the crew looked younger and less experienced. Some issues occurred on board regarding seating of the passengers and at times they seemed not knowing what to do. Flight in general went well, but due to a 17 minute late and northbound departure we did not manage to arrive on time. The last leg from Malaga to Melilla was operated by regional daughter Air Nostrum on a ATR-72 aircraft. Short hop, good service, punctual, pretty flight attendants with characteristic gloves. Very nice manual (VFR) approach and landing by the pilots into Melilla. In general a very pleasant experience with Iberia. Personnel did everything possible to make the flights as comfortable as possible. Iberia Express may be a good initiative for the company itself (more seats and lower fares - more passengers), but for the passengers it is far less comfortable and even comparable to low-cost airline and daughter Vueling. The only difference is the business class provided by IE. I would recommend Iberia to anyone though.

Iberia Customer review :  7 August 2014 by B Shushan (USA)

Outbound LAX-MAD - they forgot to load the food and served a truly sickening menu of unappetizing and stale food. My gluten free request had not been respected. On husband's return flight there was a three hour delay. On my return a week layer, an eight hour delay. Plane was old, two bathrooms were out of service and food was disgusting. Better not to go than fly Iberia. I booked American but they and two other airlines dumped us on Iberia. Note, if you book through expedia you may be unable to get seat reservations or diet requests honored. No compensation offered for missed flight/8hour delay or lack of food. Business class Iberia (American) is worse than coach on any other airline.

Iberia Customer review :  7 August 2014 by V Idrovo (Ecuador)

Iberia flight from Madrid Quito, 6463, July 29 2014. The seats were uncomfortable, dirty and shabby, I have had back pain since then. The economy class was full but the staff were insufficient. Classical music channels 4 and 5 were not working. The TV was far from my seat, impossible to see the movies available. Tasteless food and to conclude the sealed cutlery came dirty - twice! Very unpleasant experience. It is the last time I take this flight.

Iberia Customer review :  30 July 2014 by T Patrick (Hong Kong)

LHR to Madrid. They operate for BA, chaotic and late boarding. Sat at gate fir an hour due to mix up with tickets on bags. Flight itself ok, you have to buy everything food wise. Lots of elderly Spanish constantly going to toilets. Business class bit of a waste apart from designated toilet. Seats almost the same. Lots of eye rolling and campy shrugging from crew. Seat pitch good and all updates in English and Spanish.

Iberia Customer review :  28 July 2014 by J Bacallado (Spain)

MAD-JFK, MEX-MAD, all sectors business class check in a breeze, no lines, good customer service. Madrid lounge lots of food, drinks, wifi, and very comfortable. Mexico lunge is nice and quite, not much to eat, but plenty to drink. Boarding always priority line, on board good service, comfortable and private business class window seat. Menu ok, nice selections of wines, FA very good service. Fresh snack before arrival. On both flights arrived at least 20 min early.

Iberia Customer review :  26 July 2014 by Neil Mason (UK)

Flew from Heathrow to Madrid and then on to Quito in Ecuador and back. This is a long journey and I could not believe that the plane did not have individual screens so we had 3 rubbish films on screens that needed binoculars to see. This is not acceptable in this day and age for a flight that is 12 hours+. Legroom was just about ok but the pillow we were given looked as if it had been used for at least the last five years. The evening meal was ok if you are being generous but the breakfast was appalling - inedible roll and some sort of stodgy cake. I have never flown that distance before without having a hot meal - very disappointing. Unbelievably, after we had been travelling for a very long time, we were expected to pay for any refreshments we had on the final leg from Madrid to Heathrow. I really felt like telling the staff what a disgrace it was. Would never choose Iberia again given any choice at all.

Iberia Customer review :  21 July 2014 by T Valeria (Costa Rica)

San José, Costa Rica to Madrid. I made the mistake of booking twice with Iberia in the last month because they are the only ones that have a direct flight to Madrid and it would get me One World miles but it was an absolutely terrible experience. The SJO-MAD flight I already took was terrible. I booked a window seat via phone and didn't get a window but a terrible seat after the emergency exit that reduces your already very limited space. The plane was dirty, there was food scattered around my seat. Even the magazines were old and dirty. For a 10 hour flight there is no inflight entertainment: only a couple of screens far away that don't work well. An already known Iberia fact but the food of course was bad. They have the worst customer service I've seen. This is definitely an airline that does not care about their customers. I have taken the same flight with United and KLM and even if it wasn't a direct flight it was better.

Iberia Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Simone Dotson (USA)

MAD to LAX in Economy, 07/18/2014, IB 6171. 4 hours delayed cause by a mechanical problem, no one single concrete bit of information about what was going on, Flight was delayed, no apologies, no compensation, no explanation. Iberia ground staff was made up of staff acting like spoiled children. On the other hand, I have never seen such an unprofessional cabin crew. Everyone on board was feeling insecure and fed-up. The worst trip I have experienced. Old planes, no private inflight entertainment, extremely unprofessional cabin crew, horrible food quality, extremely low service (cabin crew disappear after take-off and reappear just before landing, no drinks served during flight). The plane looked extremely old and out dated, and even though it is almost a 13 hour flight this plane had no personal TVs for entertainment.

Iberia Customer review :  21 July 2014 by R Turner (Australia)

My wife and I flew Iberia from Vienna to Madrid in mid June 2014. The three and a half hour flight was undoubtedly the worst I have experienced anywhere. Absolutely no service (not even water) and seat pitch that is the shortest that I have experienced anywhere including budget airlines. If the lady in front of me had reclined her seat my knees would have been seriously damaged. It wasn't a particularly cheap flight and chosen as the only direct flight available between these two cities. Next time I would rather walk.

Iberia Customer review :  16 July 2014 by M Fernandez (Spain)

MAD-SVQ, operated by Iberia Express. I was offered an upgrade at check-in for 78€ and I got it. Fast track security was very nice, lounge was OK with lots of available seats and a decent selection of drinks and snacks. Boarding was a little chaotic because of the attitude of the passengers that didn't respected the boarding sequence. The cabin was in good condition and clean and FAs were friendly and attentive, inflight service was not generous but enough for a short flight, it is advisable to eat at the lounge given that you only get a tiny sandwich with some cheese onboard. The plane arrived in Seville 10 min ahead of schedule.

Iberia Customer review :  16 July 2014 by M Fernandez (Spain)

SVQ-MAD, operated by Iberia Express. At online check-in you get a random seat, if you want to change it you have to pay 6€. I got an aisle seat so it was OK for me. Boarding was done by zones. The crew was nice and helpful, the FAs were very proactive assisting passengers storing their baggage in the overhead compartments. Seat pitch was minimal, I'm 183cm tall and anyone taller than me would be very uncomfortable. The flight went by quickly and we landed 5 min ahead of schedule.

Iberia Customer review :  9 July 2014 by J Rodriguez (USA)

We flew Iberia for the first time this summer on our trip to Palma de Mallorca starting in Chicago O'Hare with a layover in Madrid. The experience was one I don't wish to repeat. First two days after booking our tickets, they contacted us to tell that our flights had been cancelled and that we would receive a refund. I went online to check the status of said flights and they were still available just a lot more expensive. After hours on the phone trying to reach a representative they finally honored the tickets at the price we paid but not w/out giving us a lot of grief. On the day of the flight airport staff were rude and would not honor the selected seats we had picked and only offered seats at 55€€per person. Once on the flight we discovered a lot of the non - Spanish passengers had similar issues. On the food, I can only say that I've had some bad airplaine food but this was on a different level. The entertainment onboard was fine with lots of options and the seats were small but not too bad. To give perspective to this review I've flown to Europe before on similar trips before on American Airlines and the experience has been 100% better.

Iberia Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Serna Alfonso (Belgium)

I fly from Brussels to Miami via. Madrid, at least four times a year. Iberia has improved dramatically the quality of the service. The aircraft's for the leg Madrid Miami are quite new, sometimes brand new. The entertainment system is great, with individual screens. Flight attendants are making an effort to be helpful and attentive. Flights are very often on time. In the past five years I never missed my connection in Madrid. Food on board was really poor in the past but is ok now. Talking about prices, the are extremely competitive.

Iberia Customer review :  4 July 2014 by Bond Steve (UK)

Having flown MAD-SJO earlier in the month flew SJO-MAD overnight for the return journey. Both flights left on time, went well, passed quickly and were thoroughly enjoyable experiences. Having flown Iberia in the past the airline is now much improved. The Madrid Airport lounge also provided everything I needed between connections. All being well I hope to use Iberia again on this route in the future.

Iberia Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Sylvia Rodriguez (UK)

I flew MAD-MIA and back on the airbus 330. Comfortable seats and personal inflight entertainment with a selection of films, games, etc. Food was ok. Flight attendants not interested and rushed the services to finish quicker. I went to the galley to ask for a glass of water and they gave it to me but they didn't seem very happy. Their English is very basic.

Iberia Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Rogers David (UK)

LHR - Madrid - Lima and Quito - Madrid - LHR. My biggest gripe was lack of entertainment. The website seemed to indicate that personal screens were supplied on long-haul. I consider 11 hours and 10.5 hours long-haul. The only screens were above central row and almost impossible to see from window seats. Food was on the poor side of acceptable. Also note (though not Iberia's fault) Madrid security confiscate duty free drinks when passing through.

Iberia Customer review :  11 June 2014 by David Worcester (UK)

MAD-LHR. Business class. In the interest of fairness, after my horrid mid-haul experience from TLV, I want to report my continuing flight back to London. Very pleasant welcome by the lady purser and her male colleague. I could tell this flight would be good, and it was. After take off menus were given out and then a drinks run and the wine options were explained by the personable cabin crew guy. The the purser came round with lunch, hake or beef and it was service with a friendly smile. A further drinks round was provided with a smile before a 30 minute early landing into Heathrow. So the simple conclusion is that the cabin crew can make or break a flight, win over or loose customers. This twosome won me over.

Iberia Customer review :  11 June 2014 by David Worcester (UK)

TLV-MAD, IB3319, Business Club. Horrid flight made so by a poor Purser serving the Business cabin. Seat belt sign on for 30 minutes after take and yet no turbulence whatsoever and no explanation. Then it was a further 30 minutes before any sign of service. No hot towels, no drinks, no engagement with passengers whatsoever. She brought breakfast and I asked if there was a menu and if there was a choice. She said no to both. This is hot breakfast only. I took my hot breakfast and found that after a mouthful of omelette, chicken and potato that it was cold. I said to the purser that if she is serving a hot breakfast then at least she could ensure it was hot. At this point any professional purser would jump into service recovery mode with maybe an apology, empathy, an alternative. No she said what do you want me to do. I suggested a replacement but she said there was only one meal for each passenger. No offer of more bread, croissant, fruit. Nothing. The flight is about 5 hours and during that time all that was offered was orange or water and coffee with breakfast. No seconds, no further drinks rounds. Iberia's website says on these flights you get hot breakfast and a cold snack. No snack served. The only thing that was cold was the service and my breakfast. This lady has lost Iberia a business class customer.

Iberia Customer review :  10 June 2014 by Harold Bush-Howard (UK)

Madrid to Bogotá on 29 May in Business. I find the new business class seat claustrophobic. They are very narrow and I felt trapped, especially when I put the seat in bed position. The strange thing is that there is a gap of around 12cm between the seat and the wall, which could have been used to make the seat more comfortable and wider. The food, as I expected, was just ok and boring. Iberia should try to make it catering more interesting. 5 star Michelin chef and everything, but the food is not worth it. Before landing we were given, surprise, surprise, the usual selection of dry ham and cheese with bread. Come on, I know they are very Spanish and Iberia wants to showcase the best of Spain, but please offer something else or spruce up the menu a bit. The flight attendants were excellent.

Iberia Customer review :  6 June 2014 by W Kauffeld (Germany)

IB 3539, May 25, MUC-MAD. May 30, MAD-MUC. Most uncomfortable seats I have had: Very low space, and even worse: Their metal fixing to the floor and the cage for under seat luggage prevented every movement of my legs and shoes. No free beverages, even no water.

Iberia Customer review :  6 June 2014 by B Ogunyemi (USA)

Travelled from USA to Lagos via Madrid, December to January 2013, flight from USA was fair, but from Madrid to Lagos and Lagos to Madrid horrible. No entertainment whatsoever for the entire flight, there was just no single TV or audio for a 6hr flight. Food was bad, no food selection, everybody served same thing. This had been ongoing for a long time from other passengers, especially to Africa. Will never fly Iberia.

Iberia Customer review :  5 June 2014 by M Comfort (USA)

Very disappointed with our experience with Iberia on a few levels. We were flying from Madrid to LAX as a second leg of our trip, and then from LAX to Phoenix. First, we board the plane in Madrid about 45 minutes late. The plane looked extremely old and out dated, and even though it is almost a 13 hour flight this plane had no personal TVs for entertainment. We taxi for a while, and then are told there was a technical problem and we needed to return to the gate. They said there would be a new plane ready for us in about 15 minutes. We then sat in the airport for about 3 hours before anyone told us anything. We finally boarded a new plane, which actually looked even older than the first one, and left about 5 hours late. We then landed in LAX at 8.00, with a connection to make at 9.35. The Iberia attendants just told us to try to the make the flight. Of course, by the time we got through customs and over to the next terminal we missed our flight. We had to go back to Iberia's counters, wait in another 1 hour line, and were told we get out the next day. Needless to say we finally got home but about 18 hours later than we thought we would.

Iberia Customer review :  4 June 2014 by J Bacallado (Spain)

GRU-MAD, great flight, departed on time, arriving 50 min early at Madrid. Once on board new business seats, very comfortable, window seat feels very private. Nice lunch and selection of wine. Snack served mid-flight and breakfast before arrival. All in good condition, crew nice, IFE ok.

Iberia Customer review :  3 June 2014 by John Sanders (USA)

I flew from Venice, Italy on Iberia, through Madrid and on to Chicago. I must say, after the flight to Italy on British Air, the Iberia flight was a great relief! The food was good, the in flight entertainment outstanding, and the seats were very comfortable (I'm 6'2" and I've rarely said that about airline seats).

Iberia Customer review :  22 May 2014 by H Jung (Romania)

MAD-LIM and LIM-MAD in May 2014, new aircraft, excellent entertainment, food served twice, refreshments when asked all the time, boarding according to the seat row. They issued luggage label to final destination (CUZ) but did not advise us that luggage must be collected in Lima even if we traveled to Cuzco, in order to pass customs control. We had to claim it in Cuzco over LAN and it took two days to receive it.

Iberia Customer review :  20 May 2014 by G Matthews (Canada)

On my first leg they were 3 hours delayed and the extent of their compensation was a $20 voucher for the next trip I'd book as long as it was within 6 months. This paled in comparison to my return trip when they completely cancelled my flight and booked me on a flight 10 hours earlier without notification. Needless to say this caused me to miss the flight and caused significant logistical and financial burdens for the remainder of my travels as they were unable to reschedule me on a flight for two days.

Iberia Customer review :  18 May 2014 by J Bacallado (Spain)

MAD-GRU, Sao Paulo. Night flight leaving Madrid after midnight. Check in fast and easy, fast track no line, and arriving IB lounge in less tan 15 min. Lounge is usually busy at that hour, but free seating available. Lots of food and drinks. Boarding on time. New business, window seat feels very private, comfortable and quiet. Just wanted to rest, no dinner for me, manage over 7hrs of sleep. FA very nice, IFE new system, great screen. Hot Breakfast before arrival, 40 min early. Got my bag short 15 min after arrival. Great product.

Iberia Customer review :  18 May 2014 by N Sutherland (UK)

MAD-LHR. Last minute booking but I thought pretty expensive at €720 one way... Flight was on time. Boarding was a joke with all the passengers queuing up in the air bridge for 10 mins before boarding the aircraft. Despite the cost no drinks or snacks were offered without paying for them... Overpriced for a 2 1/2 hr flight.

Iberia Customer review :  18 May 2014 by Peter George (Germany)

MUC-GUA because I got a very good deal. The price was phenomenal! Anyway I am a little spoiled because I usually fly with Emirates, Qatar and Etihad. There were no personal TV for the 12 hours flight and the Big TV for everybody showed three boring movies! MUC-MAD didn't include any drinks or snack and the seats were very tiny. All flights were in time.

Iberia Customer review :  18 May 2014 by Harold Bush (UK)

Madrid to Bogota at the end of April in the old business class seats and had a very good flight expect for the food. Spanish cuisine is of the most delicious and interesting in the world and Iberia hired several Michelin-starred chefs to deal with their catering but this airline serve some awful stuff onboard. My started, Salmorejo, was very good, even though it was served from a Tetra Pak container. Yet, my main course tasted as though it was bought from KFC and then they poured some sort of gravy over it. It was dreadful. I did not mind the old business plus seats as the cabin was almost empty but I expected a good meal. I do not drink so cannot comment on their wines. Shame on IOberia, you are not a good ambassador to Spain's wonderful cuisine. As for the second meal, again dreadful: the usual dry and fatty ham, bread. tomato sauce, cheese etc. I have been using Iberia to travel to Latin America for many years and this second meal is the same. Time to change. Those expensive chefs are useless. Listen to your passengers, not to them. I have a flight with them at the end of the month and will take my own food. The good thing apart from the seats is that the flight attendants are very charming, they engage with passengers and are not grumpy as they used to be. The connecting in Madrid from London was easy and Iberia's lounge is excellent with a very good selection of food and drinks.

Iberia Customer review :  17 May 2014 by L Sipila (France)

Paris to Buenos Aires on Iberia, simply because their Business Class costs almost half of what you pay for AF. Since its such a long flight anyway, the two hour transit in Madrid didn't really bother me. Departure from Orly in Paris is always a better choice as you'll be leaving from a small airport without the hassle and the crowds of CDG. The IB Business lounge at ORY is very good with excellent food options, and even if it is located before security checks, but with IB Business Class you get Fast Track security check, and you have no queues. During the two hour flight to Madrid you get a very decent hot breakfast, served by friendly FA's. Transit at Madrid T4 is very easy and despite the long distances I was in the long-haul terminal business lounge within 20 minutes after landing. Unfortunately it gets very busy before noon, with all flights to North & South America leaving more or less same time. Once on board the A340-600, I was thrilled to see the new cabin layout, providing a very clever single seating and privacy for nearly everyone. The seats are very comfortable, turning easily to a fully flat bed. On the 12 hours MAD-BUE sector, I managed to sleep for almost half of the flight. The crew was very polite and available at all times. The downside is with catering, where Iberia promotes Spanish cuisine, but it may not be to everyone's taste, when your lunch choice consists of roasted pig, baked cod or vegetarian lasagne. For the starter the foie gras was nice but in Business you shouldn't serve a gaspacho direct from a carton box! No cheese or fruit available for dessert, just sweet puddings. The biggest disappointment was the second meal served after 10 hours flying; just some cold greasy ham with bread and a fruit salad. Times may be rough, but you would expect at least a second hot meal with a choice for such long flight. All in all, the new Iberia Business Class is excellent for its value for money, seat comfort and fully lie-flat bed, friendly staff, easy transfer in Madrid but fails badly in catering, despite all their marketing efforts to involve renowned Spanish chefs.

Iberia Customer review :  11 May 2014 by K Otto (UK)

Flew from Madrid (MAD) to Santiago de Chile (SCL) with this airline on May 19th 2014 and was highly disappointed by catering options and on-board entertainment and service. Aircraft: Iberia operates the A340-600 with the old color scheme for this route. Flight Duration: 14hr (due to strong headwinds). Return Flight: same aircraft. Class: Economy. Price: GBP 614 for a return flight from FRA with a 2hr stop in MAD. Inflight entertainment: The were no personal monitors. We were sitting quite far from the big screen at the front row. This made watching the 3 movies shown during the flight difficult. Besides, there was a lot of image noise and the screen was flattering occasionally. You could really see a grey noise stripe moving from one end of the screen to another all the time. Food and Beverages: Since we left MAD past midnight, Iberia thinks it can skip a meal as it expects the passengers to sleep (what else do you want to do on a 14hr flight without any kind of on-board entertainment). Dinner was served 1hr after departure. Whisky or any other liquor (except beer and wine) was not on the trolley. I was told to kindly wait but nothing happened. We were served breakfast consisting of a dry ham sandwich (white bun, no lettuce and butter, tasted horrible) ca. 1.5h before arrival in SCL. No meals were served in-between, which means 10+ hours without food. We got served a small salami sandwich on the way back as a snack though. But in comparison to what I have experienced flying e.g. Asiana, Qantas, Lufthansa or even US Airways (not my first choice though), this is absolutely unacceptable. Staff service: You had to go to the kitchen to get a glass of water as no drinks were served in-between, too. Not sure what the flights attendants were doing between meals but I haven's seen them offering any refreshments or taking care of the 350+ guests between the meals. Seat comfort: Seats were comfortable and I felt I had more legroom (I am 6.3, 190cm) than e.g. on an intercontinental US Airways, Delta or Qantas flight. Overall: (7/10). (-) Worst-in-class food, poor service, and no in-flight entertainment. (+) GBP 614 for a return ticket was a bargain, comfortable seats in the Economy class with sufficient legroom for tall passengers.

Iberia Customer review :  8 May 2014 by K Pawel (Poland)

TXL-MAD-PTY return. 1st leg from MAD on a brand new A330, return on old A346. It was like flying 2 completely different airlines! The new A330 is excellent, bright and clean. The inflight entertainment system worked well with a good selection of movies. The seat pitch is good and I'm a tall person. Surprisingly (after my last trip with Iberia to EZE) I was not starving at the end of the flight. We arrived to Panama with 1hr delay due to heavy traffic in Madrid and delayed departure. Return leg on an old (not refurbished) but clean A346. Got the emergency seat with extra legroom. Flight full. No individual monitors. Arrived ahead of schedule. TXL-MAD legs with Iberia Express where no food/water provided. I would definitely fly again with Iberia, especially if possible to choose A330. Excellent value for money.

Iberia Customer review :  7 May 2014 by J Lynch (Canada)

We flew 4 legs on Iberia, back and forth from Malaga to Marrakech, with a short stop in Madrid each time. All the flights left nearly on time, and if we didn't, the pilot made up for it in the air. We purchased food on one of the flights, cheese/crackers. It was good, much better than the sandwiches we decided to buy in Madrid on the way back. The plane was new and clean. The leg room is horrible, luckily the flight is short. I would not book this size of plane for a 2 hour flight.

Iberia Customer review :  5 May 2014 by John Bruinsma (Malaysia)

IB6400 on May 1st. Mexico City to Madrid in business class, excellent seats, fantastic food and crew.

Iberia Customer review :  1 May 2014 by J Buades (UK)

MAD-LHR. I was upgraded to Business Class so the experience was notably improved. Boarding process was smooth, although the T4 Satellite is a mess due to the works in the duty free area, you could tell that many people got lost in the way to the gate. Departure was on time and lunch service was better than expected, specially wine choice. I still prefer BA to fly to London, but Iberia is slowly catching-up.

Iberia Customer review :  30 April 2014 by Judy Sparrow (USA)

My husband and I were on the flight from Madrid to New York on 15th April. We were supposed to land at 2.30pm and it was about 8.30pm when we finally landed. The pilot kept trying to land at JFK and could not because of the weather. We had to go to Boston and refuel, then go back to New York to land. I want to commend the pilot and all the crew on the flight. They handled everything very professionally. The pilot kept everyone apprised of what was happening, and even came out and spoke to everyone in English and Spanish when we were on the ground in Boston. When we landed we had to talk to the staff at the Iberia Air counter to figure out how to get home. There were many people in the same situation as us so we had to wait quite a while. Given a hotel for the night, given meal vouchers, told us where to catch a shuttle to the hotel and arranged flights for the next afternoon. What was a really bad situation was made a lot more tolerable because of the crew on the plane and the staff at the counter at the airline terminal. I would and will certainly recommend Iberia.

Iberia Customer review :  29 April 2014 by C Lanz (Switzerland)

SXB-MAD-MIA-MAD-SXB in C-class. All in all a very good experience. While the check-in and airport facilities in SXB provides no benefits (e.g. no lounge not even a voucher) for C-Class passengers, MAD airport is clean, easy to navigate and the IB-lounges (T4 and T4S) are very nice, roomy with good food and drinks (wine). Connecting flights to MAD were operated by Air Nostrum in small Canadair jets. I liked the flights and even the catering was very good; even better than on the last leg with IB from MIA to MAD. FA on the Air Nostrum flights were very nice and service orientated. We were happy to have the new A330 on the MAD-MIA-MAD sectors and I have to say, that the seat is one of the most comfortable I ever experienced in any C-class. IFE is good and has a large screen. FA's were nice and helpful on the MAD-MIA sector, not so on MIA-MAD. Drinks are extensive with nice wines, especially the red ones. Food was so-so. The only thing I would consider for IB is the long process before serving dinner on the late-night departure for the MIA-MAD leg. One wants to sleep as fast as possible on such legs eastbound but it took them over 2 hours to complete first service and switch off the lights. Furthermore, breakfast was minimal (no choices). However, I would not hesitate to use them again - good product!

Iberia Customer review :  29 April 2014 by Jose Rincon (Venezuela)

MAD-CCS in the new business class 1-2-1. What an improvement. It is similar to the new Alitalia Business Class and even close in comfort to Cathay. Nice space, great screen and IFE selection. Seats a little narrow but more than OK. Great private space specially if you are in the windows. Iberia was always famous for it rude FA's, but I must say the last 3 times, they have proved that theory wrong. Great service. Good food and plenty of bubbles.

Iberia Customer review :  28 April 2014 by R Ford (USA)

April 22 2014, IB 3950, MAD-SVQ return April 2014. Although the seating and pitch on the A320-200 was very, very tight the flight attendants worked hard to assist everyone with their luggage. Water in a cup was the only thing you don't have to pay for. The flight attendants were professional, helpful and friendly.

Iberia Customer review :  24 April 2014 by N Barnsley (Spain)

MAD-LHR-MAD. Hassle free bag drop and security at both Barajas and Heathrow. Everything on time and rapid passport control and baggage reclaim on both sectors too. The leg room on the A321s was the most generous I've experienced in short haul economy class, and the FAs were efficient - but certainly not as friendly as they perhaps could be. What does let Iberia down though is the buy on board catering, which smacks of low cost - which it isn't - rather than national flag carrier.

Iberia Customer review :  23 April 2014 by M Isberg (Sweden)

We were a group of 5 guys going from Copenhagen to Madrid to watch football. We had paid a lot of many for direct flight and booked 3 months in advance. When we got on the plane they said that there were not enough seats. I told the staff that I had a seat number on my boarding ticket but they said that they didn't use the seating numbers and that 3 of us had to get off. We had to wait 17 hours to get the next flight. We got no help. The staff couldn't understand English at the service desk in Madrid Airport.

Iberia Customer review :  22 April 2014 by M Elósegui (Spain)

BCN-MAD-MOW. Great flight with pleasant crew and service. Most comfortable seats in any European airlines and always very professional. I always try to fly Iberia, I have never had any complaints towards them.

Iberia Customer review :  17 April 2014 by S Reznick (USA)

The worst trip and airline I have experienced. Ticket said Barcelona-JFK. Only tiny letters at the bottom said (change of equipment in Madrid). Our flight was delayed and Barcelona staff knew before we boarded that bad weather was canceling most flights out of Madrid, but they would not share this info with passengers. En route I knew something was wrong, promised that there would be help when we got off. There was no info about anything. No announcements whatever. One small kiosk with 4 people was all there was to serve hundreds of people and the line did not progress. Finally found someone who called US for me on their cell and I rebooked with my US travel agent! Then the chaos assigning hotels, however it really didn't matter where I ended up at this point.

Iberia Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Alan Jenkins (UK)

Our trip from Quito to Madrid on Iberia Flight 6464 was probably the most dreadful flight experience my wife and I have ever endured. The flight was made late because of the late arrival of flight crew. Food was absolutely disgusting. Service, particularly from the female staff, was extremely rude. Because of the flight being late, we missed our connecting flight to London. In every single case, we found Iberia staff completely uncaring, unprofessional, rude and obnoxious. I would never fly with Iberia again.

Iberia Customer review :  11 April 2014 by P J Trebuchet (United Arab Emirates)

BCN-NCE, March 28th. Flight operated by grotty Vueling but ticket was purchased through Iberia. No assistance offered by Iberia, not one of the One World alliance advantages I legitimately could pretend has been respected. No priority check-in, no VIP lounge, no priority boarding and no on-board catering. Flight was delayed, no apologies, no compensation, no explanation. Iberia ground staff was made up of staff acting like spoiled children. On the other hand, I have never seen such an unprofessional cabin crew. Everyone on board was feeling insecure and fed-up. Claims to Iberia and Vueling ignored. Iberia violates its One World alliance commitments and is proud of it.

Iberia Customer review :  9 April 2014 by M Patrick (Switzerland)

GVA-MAD-UIO in Economy. As usual, as everyone of my Iberia trips I do twice a year from Europe to South America, a simply horrific experience. Old planes, no private inflight entertainment, extremely unprofessional and not motivated cabin crew, horrible food quality, extremely low service (cabin crew disappear after take-off and reappear just before landing, no drinks served during flight). The only reason why I choose Iberia again and again is because they often are the cheapest ones, but every Iberia long haul flight is a real torture.

Iberia Customer review :  7 April 2014 by R Wilking (Germany)

DUS-MAD in Economy and MAD-SCL in Business, first leg without anything to call a service, but for 2 hours and knowing it in advance. 2nd leg excellent crew, very good food, excellent beverages in the 46 pax cabin of the A340-600. I am 1.75 m and could lie completely flat, over 1.80 it might be a little too short. All single seats, so nobody to crawl over. With a night cap of excellent Spanish brandy and earplugs I managed to sleep. Good breakfast over Paraguay, smooth landing.

Iberia Customer review :  7 April 2014 by A Camacho (Switzerland)

MIA-MAD-GVA. Good flight, good service, after long time avoiding Iberia I gave it a try to test the new A330 product. Must say I was impressed. I would fly them again in the future.

Iberia Customer review :  31 March 2014 by T Powell (Spain)

MAD-GVA-MAD. A pre confirmed aisle seat which magically turned into a center seat during check in was a bad start. I am 5 feet 10 inches and the space between the bottom of my back and my knees is greater than the space between the rows of seats on the A320. That means sitting with both legs either pointing sideways or spread apart, either way extremely uncomfortable. No food or beverage but items for sale but with the seating position there is no way I can get my wallet out of my trouser pocket to pay anyway. This is an exceptionally unpleasant experience but if you have short legs and no service needs Iberia might be the airline for you. They have taken to making lots of customer friendly announcements including the catch phrase 'The Joy of Flying' which I find exceptionally hypocritical.

Iberia Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Pablo Ortiz (Spain)

MAD-GUA in business class on March 14th in A340-600. Even though it has not refurbished yet your business class seat offers you such large space so that you do NOT need to jump your neighbour in case you need to reach the aisle. Seat is lie-flat and very comfortable. Cabin crew are very pleasant and wine selection is top notch. Food could be better but I cannot complain as wines and spirits outweighs the balance. Both AVOD and cabin cleanliness are things Iberia should improve. I would recommend it.

Iberia Customer review :  26 March 2014 by I Sanchez (Spain)

MAD-ORY. I was offered an upgrade to business for 60 Euros one way doing my check-in. Nice touch! The computer system went down at Barajas, thank goodness I had downloaded the boarding pass on my smartphone. Although the system was down, both crew and passengers made the boarding easy. Food was good, crew nice and plane arrived on time. Getting to Paris-Orly the have shuttles that get you to the hotel for 15 Euros each way, on the way back I got the tube and it was 11.65, so definitely will get the shuttle again next time. Plus I could work with my computer all the trip.

Iberia Customer review :  25 March 2014 by Pepe Kinnear (Spain)

Madrid to Chicago O'Hare on an Airbus A330-300. IB 6275, MAD-ORD flight was during the day and lasted 10 hours. The new business class seat was very comfortable and spacious. The cabin crew were nice! They have improved their English a lot since the last time I flew with them in January 2013. The food was also very nice. IB 6274, ORD-MAD flight was during the night and lasted 8 hours more or less. The amenity kit included earplugs and many other things, so I got asleep very quickly. The cabin crew was very nice, food excellent specially breakfast. It seems that the new Iberia is much better than the old one. The Airbus A330-300 made no noise at all, but the only thing I missed was the minibar that used to be in the other planes such as the A340, but in the end the flight was perfect and I hope to fly with them again!

Iberia Customer review :  24 March 2014 by S Milton (UK)

Madrid - Quito and Lima - Madrid - London. A truly miserable experience. Despite reserving a window seat five months before travelling, I only got it on two of the flights and in both instances had to get my seat re- allocated and on an 11 hour flight got a window seat with no window. The food was best described as appalling and was not included on all of the flights. The passengers who had previously had my seats clearly thought the same as a lot of the food was still scattered around the general vicinity. The inflight entertainment was on central screens, the earphone points didn't work properly and the choice of films was dire. In short, never again.