Iberia Customer Reviews and Iberia Passenger Trip Reports

Iberia Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Alan Jenkins (UK)

Our trip from Quito to Madrid on Iberia Flight 6464 was probably the most dreadful flight experience my wife and I have ever endured. The flight was made late because of the late arrival of flight crew. Food was absolutely disgusting. Service, particularly from the female staff, was extremely rude. Because of the flight being late, we missed our connecting flight to London. In every single case, we found Iberia staff completely uncaring, unprofessional, rude and obnoxious. I would never fly with Iberia again.

Iberia Customer review :  11 April 2014 by P J Trebuchet (United Arab Emirates)

BCN-NCE, March 28th. Flight operated by grotty Vueling but ticket was purchased through Iberia. No assistance offered by Iberia, not one of the One World alliance advantages I legitimately could pretend has been respected. No priority check-in, no VIP lounge, no priority boarding and no on-board catering. Flight was delayed, no apologies, no compensation, no explanation. Iberia ground staff was made up of staff acting like spoiled children. On the other hand, I have never seen such an unprofessional cabin crew. Everyone on board was feeling insecure and fed-up. Claims to Iberia and Vueling ignored. Iberia violates its One World alliance commitments and is proud of it.

Iberia Customer review :  9 April 2014 by M Patrick (Switzerland)

GVA-MAD-UIO in Economy. As usual, as everyone of my Iberia trips I do twice a year from Europe to South America, a simply horrific experience. Old planes, no private inflight entertainment, extremely unprofessional and not motivated cabin crew, horrible food quality, extremely low service (cabin crew disappear after take-off and reappear just before landing, no drinks served during flight). The only reason why I choose Iberia again and again is because they often are the cheapest ones, but every Iberia long haul flight is a real torture.

Iberia Customer review :  7 April 2014 by R Wilking (Germany)

DUS-MAD in Economy and MAD-SCL in Business, first leg without anything to call a service, but for 2 hours and knowing it in advance. 2nd leg excellent crew, very good food, excellent beverages in the 46 pax cabin of the A340-600. I am 1.75 m and could lie completely flat, over 1.80 it might be a little too short. All single seats, so nobody to crawl over. With a night cap of excellent Spanish brandy and earplugs I managed to sleep. Good breakfast over Paraguay, smooth landing.

Iberia Customer review :  7 April 2014 by A Camacho (Switzerland)

MIA-MAD-GVA. Good flight, good service, after long time avoiding Iberia I gave it a try to test the new A330 product. Must say I was impressed. I would fly them again in the future.

Iberia Customer review :  31 March 2014 by T Powell (Spain)

MAD-GVA-MAD. A pre confirmed aisle seat which magically turned into a center seat during check in was a bad start. I am 5 feet 10 inches and the space between the bottom of my back and my knees is greater than the space between the rows of seats on the A320. That means sitting with both legs either pointing sideways or spread apart, either way extremely uncomfortable. No food or beverage but items for sale but with the seating position there is no way I can get my wallet out of my trouser pocket to pay anyway. This is an exceptionally unpleasant experience but if you have short legs and no service needs Iberia might be the airline for you. They have taken to making lots of customer friendly announcements including the catch phrase 'The Joy of Flying' which I find exceptionally hypocritical.

Iberia Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Pablo Ortiz (Spain)

MAD-GUA in business class on March 14th in A340-600. Even though it has not refurbished yet your business class seat offers you such large space so that you do NOT need to jump your neighbour in case you need to reach the aisle. Seat is lie-flat and very comfortable. Cabin crew are very pleasant and wine selection is top notch. Food could be better but I cannot complain as wines and spirits outweighs the balance. Both AVOD and cabin cleanliness are things Iberia should improve. I would recommend it.

Iberia Customer review :  26 March 2014 by I Sanchez (Spain)

MAD-ORY. I was offered an upgrade to business for 60 Euros one way doing my check-in. Nice touch! The computer system went down at Barajas, thank goodness I had downloaded the boarding pass on my smartphone. Although the system was down, both crew and passengers made the boarding easy. Food was good, crew nice and plane arrived on time. Getting to Paris-Orly the have shuttles that get you to the hotel for 15 Euros each way, on the way back I got the tube and it was 11.65, so definitely will get the shuttle again next time. Plus I could work with my computer all the trip.

Iberia Customer review :  25 March 2014 by Pepe Kinnear (Spain)

Madrid to Chicago O'Hare on an Airbus A330-300. IB 6275, MAD-ORD flight was during the day and lasted 10 hours. The new business class seat was very comfortable and spacious. The cabin crew were nice! They have improved their English a lot since the last time I flew with them in January 2013. The food was also very nice. IB 6274, ORD-MAD flight was during the night and lasted 8 hours more or less. The amenity kit included earplugs and many other things, so I got asleep very quickly. The cabin crew was very nice, food excellent specially breakfast. It seems that the new Iberia is much better than the old one. The Airbus A330-300 made no noise at all, but the only thing I missed was the minibar that used to be in the other planes such as the A340, but in the end the flight was perfect and I hope to fly with them again!

Iberia Customer review :  24 March 2014 by S Milton (UK)

Madrid - Quito and Lima - Madrid - London. A truly miserable experience. Despite reserving a window seat five months before travelling, I only got it on two of the flights and in both instances had to get my seat re- allocated and on an 11 hour flight got a window seat with no window. The food was best described as appalling and was not included on all of the flights. The passengers who had previously had my seats clearly thought the same as a lot of the food was still scattered around the general vicinity. The inflight entertainment was on central screens, the earphone points didn't work properly and the choice of films was dire. In short, never again.

Iberia Customer review :  24 March 2014 by R Antonio (Spain)

Madrid - Guatemala (IB 6341), March 22th. Very bad service from beginning to end. Travelled in business class expecting plenty of room, when really you have service that is worse than economy on many other airlines. Lazy and unfriendly staff. The quality of the food was poor and really limited. The airplane was old and needed an urgent refurbishment.

Iberia Customer review :  22 March 2014 by Alan Lyall (UK)

This was a long flight from Santiago de Chile to Madrid in Economy (over 12.5 hours). I paid GBP 25 in order to book an aisle seat - the thought of being stuck in a middle seat was just too much to bear. My prayer was that this A340-600 had the refurbished interiors and I would have my own IFE. Stepping on the plane I saw the seats were blue and my heart sank. Long flight and no screen. In fact the flight was good. I couldn't fault the crew and very attentive, the captain was chatty and pointed out some of the sights and always at hand. The food was good too and the first film was good on the overheads, the second so so and the 3rd rubbish. If I had had my own IFE the flight would have been excellent.

Iberia Customer review :  21 March 2014 by Niklas Lagesson (Sweden)

Copenhagen to Madrid and Madrid to Santiago. In Copenhagen problems began. When we were about to depart, there was something wrong with the plane so we had to return to gate and technicians were called. After a while we were about to depart but after pushing back the same problems occurred. After a while the captain decided we should leave the airplane and wait by the gate. After an hour we boarded again and made another attempt. The same thing repeated itself again 3 times. Back to gate, get off the airplane, wait for boarding, try to depart. After 4-5 hours, the flight was cancelled and we were transported to a hotel close by. Told to meet at 9am the next day for further information. The information we got, was to wait until 1pm. At 1pm, we were shipped to the airport and put on the corresponding flight. This is why I can not recommend anyone fly with Iberia, their planes are just not reliable.

Iberia Customer review :  21 March 2014 by K Field (UK)

We flew from San Jose, Costa Rica to Madrid. The plane was delayed 4 hours because the flight crew did not show up on time. Staff around the service desk were no help and were exceptionally rude. We missed our connecting flight and lied to about our seats. My husband and I were going to sit together and they put us separately. Also only 3 screens for the whole airplane (13hr journey). The food was awful. Don't understand why BA has a partnership with them.

Iberia Customer review :  13 March 2014 by Jean de Lassee (France)

I flew to Santiago de Chile from Madrid on 13rd Feb 2014 on flight IB6833. At first, I discovered that my seat could not move and was jammed in a straight position (on a 13hours-flight and measuring more that 1.90m, it was very uncomfortable). Secondly, given that I could not lay down because of my seat, I decided to watch one of the movies, unfortunately the plug of the earphones were broken. Last but not least, the person sitting behind me arrived in the plane already drunk, and kept asking for drinks to the cabin crew, who never refused to serve him. At no time did the cabin crew tried to stop him from drinking. For every one of these incidents, I asked the cabin crew to give me another seat, which was simply refused, pretending that economy class was full.

Iberia Customer review :  6 March 2014 by J Charles (Argentina)

BUE-MAD business class very good service and meals. Very attentive cabin crew, only very dodgy IFE, and poor selection of movies. Otherwise great flight. MAD-BUE in A340-500 with new configuration business cabin. Incredibly narrow flat seats, not comfortable and very claustrophobic cabin. Excellent service, great Spanish wines but same poor quality movies.

Iberia Customer review :  3 March 2014 by Ina Ballik (UK)

After 12 years of choosing not to fly Iberia, I thought I'd give them another chance. I flew London - Madrid - Mexico City and had to starve on these flights. Overpriced sandwiches offered on the short haul, so I skipped this option thinking I could grab a bite in the airport in Madrid, but thanks to a delay in London I had to rush to the gate where passengers were already boarding. Then the big surprise that on a nearly 12 hrs flight to Mexico City they only offer one hot meal and then a "snack" before landing. This is ridiculous and the crew further contributed to make the flight as unpleasant as possible by being rude, and not able to accommodate the smallest and simplest requests like filling up my water bottle. I dread my return flight to London already and will make sure to carry as much food in my hand luggage as possible. As for the in-flight entertainment - it was like travelling on 30 year old planes - lousy monitors in the middle row only to far away to see anything as people continuously paced through the aisles (probably in the search of food)!

Iberia Customer review :  27 February 2014 by Fred Bullock (UK)

We flew Santiago, Chile to Madrid then on to LHR all in Business Class on our way back from a cruise. We flew outbound to Buenos Aries on BA Club. We researched Iberia business class before we booked about 9 months ago and were not impressed. Then it became apparent our A340-600 flight would be the new business class offering (you can tell this on the seat map if it has EF seats showing). Then when we checked in it was back to the old business class - so our expectations were low but the resulting experience was excellent. The first thing you experience is a massive amount of open space between the seat rows which gives the entire cabin a feeling of space and comfort and airiness and a lack of crowding (unlike BA Club in every way). The technology is not very good but there were two movies in English that I watched plus I slept for almost 7 hours. The food was very good but the choice was limited, the service was excellent (maybe BA staff should go there and learn) as was the wine (choice limited but quality excellent). The 13 hours passed by quickly and were finished with a very nice cooked breakfast. Altogether a very pleasant experience. Next time we go to south America we will have no qualms about using Iberia Business Class.

Iberia Customer review :  24 February 2014 by Paul Clifford (UK)

Madrid to LHR. This flight did not begin well with very poor service at the gate in Barajas. It was completely disorganised and reminiscent of a low cost airline "scrum". This was possibly due to the fact that Iberia staff seemed more interested in checking the size of hand baggage rather than boarding passengers. Once onboard seats were uncomfortable, food was over priced and cabin crew disinterested. I will go with BA next time.

Iberia Customer review :  19 February 2014 by K Alon (Israel)

Business class from Tel Aviv to Chicago via Madrid. Overall the experience was very good. Comfortable seats, friendly crew. Only thing is that the ticket that I bought on Iberia had too short of a connection and I missed my oneworld connection in Chicago. The A330 business class product is great. Very nice entertainment system, comfortable seat and great overall experience. The A319 business club is a nice surprise due to the fact that all of the other European airlines flying out of Tel Aviv offer the "euro style business class", meaning they're just regular economy class seats. Only negative thing about the A319 is the entertainment system. They give you this little Sony PSP is really not easy to use and very tiny. Better off drinking and sleeping the flight away.

Iberia Customer review :  18 February 2014 by Russel C Jerrard (South Africa)

I returned from Jerez to Madrid in Spain with my Mother on Tuesday, and I would like to thank the staff on board and the staff at the Airports in Jerez and in Madrid for the excellence of service that we received. My mother is in a wheelchair. All staff went out of their way to make her trip as comfortable as possible. I will definitely be flying with Iberia Airlines again.

Iberia Customer review :  12 February 2014 by M Sinko (Australia)

IB3926, Madrid to Gran Canaria / Las Palmas, Business Class on 9 Feb 14 on an A320. It was actually an Iberia Express flight. Having just come off a BA flight to Madrid and experienced their Business Class I wasn't expecting much from Iberia Express and as a result I wasn't disappointed. What is it with airlines that give you a middle seat spare but otherwise everything else is economy. Seat pitch - about 30 inches at best, no inflight entertainment, some abysmal, horrible tasting fish in an inedible orange sauce of some sort and the person in front reclining into your face. That's not Business Class. That's just economy with a "luck of the draw" spare seat next to you.

Iberia Customer review :  11 February 2014 by I Jones (Spain)

I travelled from BUE to BCN via MAD. In general, the service was OK. Plane was new but entertainment is virtually non-existent - you may need binoculars to see in-flight movies as they are shown on just a few screens around the cabin. My main complaint is that I reserved a seat with extra space at the emergency exit. On boarding the plane, I was told that the type of aircraft had changed and I no longer had the seat that I paid for. Iberia say that I was given a seat with "similar characteristics". Reserving a normal seat costs less.

Iberia Customer review :  10 February 2014 by M Feakes (Australia)

MAD - EZE on an A340-600 in economy, flight through the night taking about 13 hours. This was the third consecutive flight for us, having already flown from China to LHR and on to MAD, and my Iberia first impressions weren't so great. Ideally we would have gone BA LHR-EZE but price was a factor and Iberia was the cheaper, though still expensive option. Luckily I'd already been travelling for 15+ hours and had stayed awake the whole time as to try and get some sleep on this flight, as there was no personal IFE and just some poor quality drop-down televisions around the cabin. I don't mind this so much on a cheap airline but on a flag carrier charging full price? Come on. The flight attendants seemed grumpy and never smiled, and everything seemed like a chore (compared to the lovely BA ladies). But hey, it was a smooth uneventful flight, important for a person like me who has always struggled with sleeping on planes. Will be flying them back next month and hopefully they've refitted their long haul A340s by then with some IFE.

Iberia Customer review :  10 February 2014 by R Garcia (Australia)

MAD-ORY. Quick check-in, departed on time, good service and food. The only issue no priority for baggage on arrival. Had access to business lounge which provided good facilities and refreshments.

Iberia Customer review :  10 February 2014 by J Bacallado (Spain)

MAD-LHR-MAD, check in fast on all sectors, boarding on time by rows, planes ok. No service on board, only food for purchase. Nice FA on all sectors. Early arrival on both flights. Very good fare, so good value for money. Bags on belt short after arrival.

Iberia Customer review :  10 February 2014 by R Garcia (Australia)

Iberia Express PMI-MAD. Departed on time, comfortable seats and reasonable service. Used the kiosk to check-in which was a bonus.

Iberia Customer review :  7 February 2014 by K Mathias (Denmark)

Yesterday I was flying Copenhagen-Madrid-A Coruna. First, nothing is served on the plane, not even a cup of coffee, despite the flying time of 3.5 hours from CPH-Madrid. The planes are old-fashioned, poor leg space, no service. Upon arrival in Madrid Spanish officials were screaming in Spanish, unable to speak English. From a kind, fellow passenger I could understand that the flight to A Coruna was cancelled. We were given the options to get on a bus (approx 7 hours - from 9pm) or get a flight the next day (without hotel option). Most of us went for the bus option and picked up our luggage where after we waited for further instructions. By a total coincidence I talked to another Iberia official who seemed surprised, the flight was not cancelled, but I had to hurry extremely much to catch it now! In A Coruna they had lost my suitcase.

Iberia Customer review :  3 February 2014 by P Ashley (UK)

Flew MAD-UIO (Quito) - Reserved Exit Seats at extra cost, thank goodness we did this as the plane's seat pitch was appalling, Airbus 340-600, disgusting uncomfortable seats, filthy interior, meal tray was caked in left over food underneath. The plane's interior reminded me of what the Charter flights of the 70's used to look like, entertainment forget it, still stuck in the 70's, one screen in the middle no choice of individual entertainment, thank goodness for films on my i-Pad. Worst thing? the staff, miserable as sin, worst than this? the food indescribable, eat before you get on. Took the return flight from LIM-MAD, same experience.

Iberia Customer review :  25 January 2014 by A Carballude (USA)

JFK-MAD-SCQ. I normally fly every summer to Spain with Iberia. Normally my experience is awful, but last summer it was excellent. Unlike Iberia's Airbus A340-300/600, there were TVs at every seat. We had a choice of movies and TV shows. At check-in I was offered an upgrade to fly Business Class for 70 US dollars (great deal), I refused because I thought it wasn't going to be anything special. The first thing I'm going to suggest to everybody, If you're taller than 6'1" I would recommend you pay 70 dollars for the upgrade. I'm 6'3" and there wasn't much leg room for me, especially when the person in front of me puts their seat in a reclining position. The flight attendants were much nicer and show that they care, unlike my previous experiences. Now I completely recommend Iberia, they have improved a lot.

Iberia Customer review :  25 January 2014 by Hans Roloff (Germany)

LIS-MAD-DUS in Economy, both on Airbus A320. The Madrid-Dusseldorf leg was performed by Iberia Express. I got roughly what I paid for: check-in perfect, suitcase priority checked (and it arrived well and early on the belt in DUS). Lisbon-Madrid leg on time, one hour flight with "service for money" which I did not use. No newspapers or entertainment at all, seat pitch unbelievably tight (I am 183cms/6ft1'), but for an hour I survived. Second leg to DUS on Friday evening - full "weekend load", same seating problems. For a flight of 2.5 hours it is claustrophobic, particularly when a passenger in the seat in front believes she is entitled to recline her seat, then you are just like a sardine in the box. Departure was 20 minutes late, we carried this delay into DUS. Baggage delivery was swift, far better than usual. No newspapers, no entertainment (seems that the respective equipment is inactivated - I had "appreciated" it many times before on Iberia, even without headphones). Seems Iberia did install further rows after changing to the new slim Recaro seats that are also in use at e.g. Lufthansa. The overhead reading lights are still in the old intervals and sometimes do not light the passengers reading material anymore but his/her neck or just the back of the seat. Service is just the one of a low cost airline. I travelled on Oneworld points, thus I paid "only fees and taxes", but that was already too much. Next time it will be Swiss or Lufthansa (the original, not Germanwings) again. The investment of additional points or money to upgrade into Iberia business class does not make sense because the seat pitch and the lack of newspapers are the very same.

Iberia Customer review :  20 January 2014 by M Dye (UK)

LHR-MAD-EZE, January 2014. I'd read a few reviews of Iberia before travelling with them a few weeks ago, and I'd also spoken to a number of friends who'd taken a long haul flight with them to South America. I wasn't expecting much based on these reviews and conversations, however I'm happy to say I was very pleasantly surprised. The short hop down to Madrid was fine. You don't get complimentary drinks and food like you do on British Airways and some other full-fare European carriers, but that's fine really as its not a long flight. The flight from Madrid to Buenos Aires was on a newly refurbished A340-600 which meant it came with a personal entertainment system at each seat in economy, which is exactly what you need for a 12hr flight! It wasn't a bad system either, with a modern touch screen. It could have done with a few more films, compared to other systems such as Cathay Pacific of LAN it didn't have the widest choice, but it was fine for me as this was an overnight that left at 00.30. The system was a bit glitchy to begin with and only started to properly work about 90mins into the flight. Other aspects of the flight were ok, the food was pretty basic and what you might call stereotypical airline food. The staff were fine and did a good job. Would I fly with Iberia again? If I was going to Latin America and the price was right i'd consider them, yes. I think this is the start of a long overdue refurb for the Spanish national carrier and I think they will only get better from here on in.

Iberia Customer review :  16 January 2014 by C Littlejohn (UK)

Flew Gran Canaria - Madrid, Iberia Express business class. Was not expecting too much with their express offering but pleasantly surprised. Quick check in and security, on time departure of this full flight on a new and clean A320. Business configured 2X2 with middle seat blocked. Pillows and blankets available. Service was delivered by hand with nice touches like post take off Cava and a tablecloth. Hot meal served by smart and competent crew (however meal tray is very like an economy meal with a foil container and no choice.) Chocolates offered before landing. Drinks were served in real glass however I believe they do not carry spirits, only beer and wine. Priority tagged bag first off.

Iberia Customer review :  14 January 2014 by K Adu-Gyamfi (UK)

Bought return ticket from BA from London Heathrow to Accra. Flew out on BA and enjoyed normal good service. Return leg from Accra to London was on Iberia with transit via Madrid, BA's OneWorld partners. I was initially happy to use Iberia - I relished the chance to pass through Madrid i.e. to sample new language, culture etc. Big mistake. There was no inflight entertainment on the over 5-hour flight to Madrid (ditto on the 2-hour Madrid to London leg). Only breakfast was served for the entire duration. Leg room was very poor. On the Madrid-London flight, you could only get food if you purchased it. Felt especially for mothers with young children. Would have been thoughtful if Iberia advised passengers to bring their own entertainment and food/drink on board. On the plus side, really enjoyed my interactions with Spanish airport workers and co-passengers, who were friendly and helpful. The return journey had all the hallmarks of a "no frills" budget airline. However, the ticket was purchased at a premium (almost £1200 for the return journey in Economy class). Unless things change with Iberia, they would dilute the BA brand and it is only a matter of time before customers go elsewhere. I certainly wont be flying on Iberia in the near future!

Iberia Customer review :  10 January 2014 by R Franklin (UK)

Buenos Aires-London via Madrid. Have flown this route regularly over the years with Iberia and other airlines. This flight was a massive improvement on Iberia's previous standards. Food was tasty, cabin crew friendly and helpful, plane clean and had obviously been refitted with new seats and entertainment system. The latter was amazing not only compared to Iberia's previously non-existent IFE but is well up there with best in the industry (ie Emirates). Lots of choice, great touch screen and sound quality. Don't know if this is the result of the BA merger but its a big improvement. Keep it up Iberia and people might even start choosing you when you're not the cheapest!

Iberia Customer review :  7 January 2014 by Ng Peter Paul (USA)

JFK-MAD return Nov 2013. IB now charges $40 to select seats which I did not. Seats assigned at airport. Allowed check in online from New York but not from Madrid. Outbound A340 window seat foot space limited by equipment but good 32" pitch, no IFE. Inbound new A330 tighter seats so they compensate with good PTV. I flew IB two years before and A340 aircraft was falling apart, doors and seat trays held together by duct tape. Edible food and complimentary wine. Inbound boarding at MAD gate agent asked to check my carry on due to full plane. My small bag was among first out the carousel at JFK.

Iberia Customer review :  7 January 2014 by Daniel Seidenman (Israel)

Flew from TLV via MAD to LIM. TLV-MAD was an extremely old plane. No entertainment at all for 5 hours. No leg room at all. I am only 176 cm and could not sit comfortably. Luckily no one was next to me so had a seat empty. MAD-LIM-MAD. 2 different aircraft's. These are 11-12 hour flights. No personal TV (the LIM-MAD was a new plane and no personal screen). Tried to check in online. I could have purchased the tickets on a code share with LAN and paid a bit more and would have been much happier.

Iberia Customer review :  7 January 2014 by Karl Moosbrugger (Austria)

FRA-MAD-FRA in Economy operated by Iberia Express. Plane was new and modern, crew friendly (though zero service unless you pay for a glass of tea) but legroom was terrible. Perhaps with the exception of a certain low budget airline I haven't been on a plane where I (1.92m) was unable to sit just because I could not squeeze my legs in. Fortunately the first flight was half empty and on return I chose an aisle seat. For the legroom issue I will not fly them again.

Iberia Customer review :  6 January 2014 by Reneau Randy (USA)

IB 6274, 25 Dec, Chicago to Madrid. I found everything much better than many reviews claimed. I was expecting everything to be bad but was pleasantly surprised. It was a newer Airbus and I found the leg room good since I'm 6ft and was worried. Now I must say the leg room in the cheap seats going to Spain from Chicago was less than the trip back. Plane was clean and smelled nice. I fly American frequently and would trade Iberia for American any day.

Iberia Customer review :  6 January 2014 by Lorenzo Dottorini (Italy)

Mexico to Madrid, 12 hours of unacceptable service, seats uncomfortable, no monitor on the seats - 12 hours without watching a movie, we could do nothing! Staff were impolite, my wife is vegetarian and we asked for something else to eat and the answer was "You had to order it 24 hours before the flight", unbelievable!

Iberia Customer review :  3 January 2014 by A Yunis (Spain)

Very bad experience on flight IB6844, Buenos Aires-Madrid on Dec 31st. Iberia had me travel 12hrs at night with my baby in my arms even though I had booked a bassinet 3 months ahead. According to the staff, this was due to a change of equipment. They did not warn me at anytime before embarking. They did not offer anything (not even an extra pillow) and made no effort to improve our comfort under the excuse that the flight was overbooked. When I suggested they disembark me and reschedule me on a flight in which I could have a bassinet, they made no effort to check on which flight I could actually travel and threatened me to call authorities if I did not make my mind immediately despite their inability to provide basic information. I carried on with this flight to avoid ending up stranded for several days. This was just surreal and a very unpleasant experience. On the bright side, passengers around me were comforting and helpful.

Iberia Customer review :  30 December 2013 by R Koehler (Canada)

ORD-MAD-TFN-MAD-ORD. In a word: horrific All flights (every one of them) left late and did not attempt to make up the time in flight. Boarding was chaotic. It would make sense to load the flight from the back to the front, but not with Iberia. Seemingly random assignment of 'groups', resulting in lots of lost time while folks at the front of the plane get their stuff in the overhead bins, holding up everyone else trying to get to the back of the plane. Staff was sulky and unhelpful. Service was poor. Security lapse by Iberia staff at the gate caused a twenty minute delay which resulted in a short connection time in Madrid. Though we made it to the gate with twenty minutes to spare (because we ran the whole way), we were not allowed to board. Lost a work day because of it. I would rather walk than take Iberia again.

Iberia Customer review :  30 December 2013 by Frances Sawley (UK)

Madrid to Rio de Janeiro, 27th December 2013, IB6025. Truly awful: the long haul equivalent of Ryanair. Flew from Heathrow via Madrid to Rio de Janeiro. Meal preferences not recorded (despite checking 3 times) so nothing to eat. Old fashioned plane, fixtures and fittings to match. No inflight entertainment (audio or visual) as both malfunctioning and despite being asked to be seated away from children I was surrounded by 6 including 2 newborns right next to me who cried more or less the whole journey. With nothing to watch, the flight was rowdy. I am a very frequent flier, at least once a week if not more - and this was truly one of the worst flying experiences that I've ever had.

Iberia Customer review :  19 December 2013 by Julian Saura (Norway)

MAD-SCL, A340-600, 30/12/2012. I arrived the T4 at Barajas at 21.00 and checked in efficiently at the Business counters with professional and polite staff. From there I went through the fast track security control, also efficient and quick. My transfer from T4 to T4S went smooth. At the T4S I went to the Iberia business lounge which was spacious with great food and wines and with good views. After eating I had a rest in one of the beds in the quiet room. At 23.30 I proceeded to my gate. Boarding was on time and I was one of the first to enter. This was a very new Airbus 340-600. My seat was 1 A. I received a personal greeting, together with a glass of champagne, which was very pleasant. Slightly turbulent on-time take off. When airborne the pilot greeted us and informed us that the nights 13.20 hrs route would be: Lisbon-Canary Islands-Sao Luis-Tocantin-Santiago del Estero-Santiago de Chile. The sky was clear all the way over the Atlantic, with some turbulence when approaching Brazilian territory. The seat was a fully flat bed, with great width and length, very comfortable to sleep in. The cell phone charger did not work, but staff went "out of their way" to fix it. Food was great. I had scallops. The staff was personal and pleasant all the way. All in all a great business class experience! We touched ground at 09.30 in Santiago to a beautiful summer morning.

Iberia Customer review :  19 December 2013 by Julian Saura (Norway)

SCL-MAD, A340-600. I took this flight back in November 2011. Flight scheduled at 14.05 (Chilean time) and to land in MAD at 07.00 (European time). Efficient boarding and nice staff. Because of some cargo issue the plane did not take off until 14.40. The captain, though, said not to worry and that flight conditions were good and we would fly over 1000 km/h to reach MAD even before scheduled landing time. However, about 4.5 hours into the flight, not far from Sao Luis, the flight encountered quite some turbulence with lightning and had to deviate towards Fortaleza. The turbulence went on during the whole Atlantic cruise. I have flown about 20 times from Spain to South America, but this was my most turbulent flight. Finally the flight touched ground in Madrid at 09.25 and I lost my connection. But overall good experience.

Iberia Customer review :  11 December 2013 by Martin Fernandez (Spain)

MAD-LHR-MAD. Checking-in online Iberia wanted 15€ for changing a preselected seat, I didn't expect that as I my fare wasn't the basic one. I think they should change that. Outbound flight delayed for two hours due to problems with UK traffic control, Iberia sent me a SMS informing about the delay even before the screens at the airport showed it. Staff on ground were attentive and helpful at check-in and handling the delay. The plane was an A321 and it was comfortable with good legroom, crew were fine and the captain explained the cause of the delay and apologized. We arrived at LHR with no other issue. I was able to change my seat for free at online check-in for the LHR-MAD flight. Airport experience on the return leg was good, BA staff was very nice. We boarded the plane on time but the flight was delayed for 30 min because there were problems with the tug truck, so not Iberia's fault. The plane was an A340 and it was very spacious, it had sockets between the seats so I was able to charge my phone. Crew were fine again and we arrived in Madrid with a 20 minutes delay. I got a very good price for my ticket and although both flights were delayed, it wasn't Iberia's fault and they handled the situation well, so I have no complaints about them apart from the fee for changing the seat on the outbound flight, that's why I score them with a 7 instead of a 9.

Iberia Customer review :  11 December 2013 by S Imber (UK)

My wife and I have just flown from London Heathrow to San Jose in Costa Rica via Madrid. The flight to Madrid was delayed for a day due to air traffic control breaking down in England. While Heathrow airport ground to a halt the information given to the waiting masses was virtually non existent. Many people were asked to queue for hours at desks only to be told that they were at the wrong desk and should have spent hours queuing somewhere else. It seemed that the only place to get information was to watch the television screens and catch the news reports. The onward flight from Madrid to San Jose was very disappointing for a long haul. The entertainment system was a few screens dotted around the plane that you may or may not get a decent view of. The staff seemed fairly efficient at the start of the flight but their enthusiasm very quickly waned along with their smiles. The legroom was ok and so was the food, nothing special but it probably wouldn't kill you. All in all the whole experience was lacklustre. The staff seemed to find the passengers a bit of an inconvenience and everything seemed a bit of an effort. Then they lost one of our cases and still have no idea where it is!

Iberia Customer review :  5 December 2013 by Sean Kuo (USA)

New York (JFK) - Madrid (MAD) round trip in new business class with lie flat bad. The full lie flat bad seats are comfortable but the tiny foot cubby can be an issue for passengers with a foot size larger than US10. The seat shell is not quite solid in my observation so the noises and kicking from the adjacent passengers are noticeable. The window seats on the two sides are better choices for people looking for more privacy. The cabin is airy and clean. The TV screen is large and crystal clear. Its also a touch screen so quite convenient to choose programs without using remote control. Though movies are quite limited. The food is edible but just not great. Amenity kit is cheaply made and not branded. The wine and liquor selections, on the contrary, are great and in good quality. I have to say service is cavalier and indifferent on both legs. I had to remind the crews what I asked for several times. Some staffs barely speak English. In conclusion, Iberia provides one of the best hard products between New York and Madrid. But they need to improve the catering and service urgently.

Iberia Customer review :  3 December 2013 by M Duverney (Switzerland)

We flew with from Madrid to San Jose and from Miami to Madrid this month and were very disappointed by the service, the comfort and the general attitude of the staff. Travelling with my husband, we asked at check in to be sat together, we were assured we were sat next to each other. We did not check at the time but found out that we were in opposite side of the plane. The plane is far from being great, only a few screens, depending on where you are sat you can hardly see the screen. The air hostesses are very unfriendly and not helpful. They hardly speak any English. Very bad experience, I usually don't put much importance on the airline we fly with but would avoid Iberia by all mean from now on. Also lost the luggage on the way to San Jose, got them 2 days later luckily.

Iberia Customer review :  2 December 2013 by Micallef Denis (UK)

Flew from Madrid to Lima. Poor service throughout. Staff rarely seen and totally ignored call button on three occasions. Food was totally inedible; hardly ate anything throughout the flight. Request for a simple alternative, e.g vegetarian turned down as not possible. Seat comfort poor and A340 needs updating. Total waste of business class fare. Will avoid Iberia whenever I can.

Iberia Customer review :  2 December 2013 by Frederik Kolster (Germany)

Meal: Offered only one meal on board in the business class: Fish, along with a mussels salad. Great choice for someone who is allergic to seafood. Ordered them to go to the economy class to grab there some food for me. Overall: the food (the fish and salad) looked like already eaten. Seats: Great leg space (I'm more than 1.90m tall) but the seat only provides a foot rest for people with a max size of 1.70m. My tip: If you are tall, don't go with Iberia. Flight attendants: Each flight attendant has one aisle. So in total it is approx. 20 people. The flight to Buenos Aires takes something like 12 hrs. So, enough time to remember that I don't speak Spanish. After the dinner there shouldn't be a break of 12 hrs. Maybe you ask people if they want to get some (non-alcoholic) drinks instead of letting them walk to the galley all the time. Equipment: Really poor. Take a look at American Airlines. They know how to handle that.

Iberia Customer review :  27 November 2013 by F Andrew (Spain)

I flew MAD-MIA - it was my first intercontinental with Iberia. I was led to believe this is one of their best routes in terms of aircraft and service. That may be the case but compared to other airlines the service and product were poor. A new aircraft but entertainment system had very poor selection of movies for such a long flight - almost nothing current. The navigation was slow and system crashed twice. The worse thing was the staff. The flight attendants on the few occasions one sees them are rude. They assume that UK or US citizens can't speak English and on three occasions I heard they say very rude comments in Spanish to non Spanish speakers - sarcastic, rude and unhelpful. There was no pre-flight safety check and again before landing no cabin check. We landed with people not belted and seats reclined. I rarely fly economy but on this occasion it was part of a special priced global ticket. It just made me feel that in an emergency it would be hard to get out of the aircraft as people were not ready for landing. I would imagine that on an emergency the staff would be unreliable. An airline that does not take safety seriously shouldn't be flying. Almost all of the 9 hours the staff was on the back galley talking. One was smoking one of those vapour cigarettes - not seen that on duty. When I asked for a glass of water they three flight attendants said they were on their break and pulled the curtain. I had one drink in 9 hours served with the meal. Iberia is a disgrace. In short don't fly with Iberia - poor attitude, poor product and questionable safety procedures (or lack off).

Iberia Customer review :  25 November 2013 by Leonardo Pavan (Italy)

The website wouldn't allow me to enter my passenger information details before the flight, nor choose my seat, etc. even though I was flying business as it kept mentioning an error message without providing any explanation on what the error was (from my side perhaps?). The online check in was fine. The flight to Madrid was fine. The business lounge in Madrid was nothing special at all: the greeting was average, the offerings rather limited in terms of food selection, and the wifi was not complimentary. The MAD-MIA leg of the flight was nice, food was fine, the service polite, the inflight entertainment options were very limited, quiet boring in fact, as well as a bit cumbersome to navigate. The seat reclines to totally flat, however the seat design and configuration is not the most comfortable with the footrest on the side of the seat in front, basically you are always sitting on an angle.

Iberia Customer review :  20 November 2013 by W Robin (UK)

IB flight from LHR to EZE in Buenos Aires. This was an extremely poor experience. The aircraft was old with no in- flight entertainment in the backs of the seats. Extremely small seats, which were uncomfortable and no online seat selection options. There was no inflight entertainment bar three films which were shown on a drop-down screen. There were two animated films, despite the lack of children on the flight. The staff were disinterested at best and rude at worst. Absolutely avoid Iberia if you have an option with any other carrier. It is a miserable experience.

Iberia Customer review :  18 November 2013 by J Bacallado (Spain)

MAD-LHR, A320, check in and fast track in just 5 min, business lounge nice with plenty of food, drinks, wifi. Boarding on time, nice FA. Plane a bit old, seat not very comfortable. Very nice hot breakfast. arrival on time T5.

Iberia Customer review :  13 November 2013 by T Mahr (Germany)

BCN-MAD-LPA-MUC using Avios and was not disappointed on a single flight. All flights on time or with a maximum 15 mins delay, loads of room, good food and plenty of attention from very friendly crews (the only thing you have to know that they are reserved but will do anything to make you comfortable if you ask for anything).

Iberia Customer review :  12 November 2013 by K Coolsnow (Spain)

Madrid -Zurich A319. First big disappointment is that when you want to check-in online you can not select anymore a seat and the system by default assigns you a middle seat. If you want to select your seat you have to pay an additional EUR15€ - pure rip off! The seats on the planes are cramped closely together. Food is only available against payment (and expensive), not even a glass of water is served free of charge! No entertainment, no newspaper - Iberia has really become a low service but not low cost operator.

Iberia Customer review :  11 November 2013 by M Elosegui (Spain)

BCN-MAD-BCN. Boarding was very fast in both airports due to the air shuttle entrance, the lounge at Madrid was really amazing and the seats had lots of space in business cabin, the meal was better than many intercontinental economy class flights and the service very attentive. We left the plane in a moment, and we were out of the airport before excepted.

Iberia Customer review :  5 November 2013 by Anthony Venere (USA)

Wife and I flew to Venice. We were pleasantly surprised. Service, the food and arrival time was all pretty good. We were not expecting anything too good going by the reviews we read before leaving. Goes to show you can not go by what some people say all the time.

Iberia Customer review :  4 November 2013 by D Leston (UK)

MAD-LIM-MAD-LHR with Iberia was a far better experience than I had expected. All flights on time, with clean, well presented aircraft, smiling crews, plenty of food (on the long haul sectors). All in all a good experience. The only down side is the lack of seat back IFE on the A340-600s at this point.

Iberia Customer review :  29 October 2013 by A Serna (Belgium)

I fly Iberia at least 4 times every month. I have to say that the airline is working much better now. Most of the flights arrive on time, the fleet is quite new and the crew has made an effort with better service. I have made the BRU-MAD flight often, and they are always on time. Last week I flew MAD-MIA. The flight was pleasant, the seat comfortable, the individual screen is wonderful, good films, TV series and music. The minus point: the food was not good at all! The ravioli were disappointing, and the salad was very poor. The crew were efficient but I think some members of staff should make more of an effort, they speak in a very abrupt way.