Iberia Customer Reviews and Iberia Passenger Trip Reports

Iberia Customer review :  29 April 2013 by Greco Davide (Italy)

LIN-MAD-BOG on March 30th and back from MEX 2 weeks later. Onward trip: 45 minutes late leaving Milano but not Iberia's fault. No problem with my connection as I had plenty of time. However, flight to BOG was initially delayed 2.5 hrs (mechanical fault) then it ended up with a 1hr 45mins late departure, and plane had to be changed (A346 instead of A343). Because of this, I got a horrible seat which I luckily managed to change being the rear of the plane completely empty: this helped make my trip a little more comfortable (an entire row for me) as the seat was extremely hard. The plane itself was probably one of the oldest A346 flying nowadays. Service is extremely basic and carried out by non-enthusiastic crew: no entertainment system (a small monitor placed far away from you is not to be considered as entertainment). Return trip from Mexico City: again a A346 but in better conditions, rather chaotic boarding as the row announcements could not be heard clearly so everyone was pushing to enter the plane first which is something I really hate. I was lucky one more time to get an empty seat beside me otherwise it would have been a painful trip back home. Overall, on the plus side I mention their hub in Madrid, a new, modern and clean airport good for connections and the rate which was a great deal (about 650 EUR); on the minus side their old fleet and minimalistic service. Would choose them again only if the price is considerably lower than their competitors.

Iberia Customer review :  29 April 2013 by Pablo Serrano (Switzerland)

ZRH-MAD-BOG in Business and had an overall good trip experience. Very attentive and friendly staff on all legs, food quite tasty on the leg out of MAD, less so on the way back and good wine selection. Letdown were planes and IFE indeed require upgrade and are not on par with other European long-haul products. Good lounges in Madrid.

Iberia Customer review :  24 April 2013 by S Rami (UK)

LHR-MAD-BOG-CLO return. First leg London to Madrid was poor, the cabin crew were rude and no food or snack given. In Madrid we had to take a bus to the terminal, we had no idea on where to go so we spent our 4 hour layover looking for our gate. Plane was delayed 2 hours. Onboard, there were no TV's, there were still ashtrays in them. Later on we were served dinner, I ordered a kosher meal and they didn't give it to me so I just had the desert. One hour left and the snack came out, again they forgot our special meal so I was left hungry. When we disembarked we had to run as our flight was boarding, this flight was with Avianca and I was happy to see some IFE available. This flight was only 1 hour long, but all in all better service.

Iberia Customer review :  17 April 2013 by Gavin Biggar (UK)

Pleasantly surprised, flight LHR-MAD-SJO, crews pleasant, smiling and courteous. 2 meals and a sandwich served, all food tasty. Seats were ok considering it was an 11 hour flight, lack of person entertainment but not a problem, had tablet loaded with movies and books.

Iberia Customer review :  17 April 2013 by Martin Fernandez (Spain)

MAD-CPH-MAD operated by Iberia Express. Check-in without problems at both airports, attended by friendly staff. VIP lounge at Madrid was fantastic, something that I cannot say about the lounge at Copenhagen, which was rather disappointing. On the outbound flight service was good, the crew were polite, attentive an courteous. On the return flight the service was excellent, the crew were excellent. Food wasn't special, on both flights it consisted of salad for starter, pasta as the main course and cake for dessert. There was no choice for the main, something that Iberia mainline does offer. Both flights were on time. In conclusion, I was very satisfied with their product.

Iberia Customer review :  4 April 2013 by John Fowkes (UK)

We flew from Heathrow to Madrid and then on to Lima, the first leg was not bad but the flight to Lima was horrendous, we had to sit 10 rows apart, the food was inedible, the plane old and unsuitable for a 12 hour flight, the entertainment was virtually non existent and the staff were surly and did not want to serve any thing, water appeared to be rationed. We flew back from Buenos Aires and the same comments applied apart from the food which had been supplied by Argentina, that was edible, in fact for airline food quite good.

Iberia Customer review :  3 April 2013 by Xavier Guitart (France)

Flight Sao Paolo - Madrid delayed for more than 3 hours because the pilots were not on time. Lost connection to San Sebastian because of that. Cabin crew rude.

Iberia Customer review :  20 March 2013 by J Bacallado (Spain)

MEX-MAD. Check in at Mexico DF airport was fine. Agent did not care much, no premium label on luggage. Iberia has its own lounge here, very nice and comfortable, just across from boarding gate. Limited food and drinks. Boarding and flight on time. On board comfortable seats and very nice service, food and drinks quality very good. FA not very interactive, just did their job. Lights off after lunch, nice sleep, arrival on time. (Breakfast served, but manage sleep until last minute). Passport control fast at Madrid, and bags short on belt after arrival.

Iberia Customer review :  19 March 2013 by Carlos Lopez (Dominican Republic)

Supposed to fly Iberia from Santo Domingo to Madrid yesterday March 15 at 7.15 pm, after being at the airport for 7 hours they cancelled the flight without letting us know when we are going to be able to make the flight. Today March 16 at 1 pm, still have no information, they just say when we fix the plane, no alternative routes or airlines. Total disrespect for all of us.

Iberia Customer review :  13 March 2013 by N Taylor (UK)

Heathrow to Madrid acceptable. Madrid to Buenos Aires given seats 24 rows apart. Iberia at Heathrow and Madrid unwilling to do anything about it. Girl at boarding sorted it out in seconds. Fight from Buenos Aires to Madrid delayed 3 hours. Missed Madrid connection and had to stay over in Madrid. At Madrid cases that were underweight at all 3 other check ins suddenly became overweight. Charged 120 euros. Very dated aircraft. First and last time with Iberia.

Iberia Customer review :  4 March 2013 by Gael Dufoyet (France)

Nice - Madrid - Paris. I arrived late to the check in counter in Nice but the agent greeted me by name and informed me not to hurry as the flight was delayed. Flight operated by Air Nostrum in a small CRJ90 and was 1 hour late due to poor weather in Madrid. Cabin crew do not speak French and their English was very hard to understand but they were polite and friendly. I was the only passenger and two Iberia pilots in the cabin. I was offered a bigger seat which was occupied by the pilot, very nice and customer focused of him. The dinner was a ravioli with cheese and it was hot and sufficient. On the return from Barajas, I tried to use their Auto check in but the boarding card was stuck in the machine and thus had to queue up for almost half an hour to get it done manually. There were plenty of passengers but Iberia kept only 2 counters open, once it was my turn, the agent at the check in desk was apologetic for their machines and the wait. She was very friendly and smiley. Flight to Paris was operated by an A320, I fell asleep before take off, and woke up as the captain was making an announcement, the cabin crew noticed almost immediately and came and offered me a glass of water and asked if I wanted to eat. Dinner was a seafood cake that smelled fishy and I didn't touch it though the wine, cheese were nice. All in all, reliable airline, better service in Business class than other airlines on the same route, very nice ground and inflight staff. Shame that they only fly to ORY in Paris but not CDG. Otherwise, would use them more often.

Iberia Customer review :  1 March 2013 by T Mahr (Germany)

MUC-MAD-EZE, return from Rio was booked at short notice at a very reasonable price. We did not expect much but actually went away satisfied. All flights on time. Staff service and meals long-haul ok up to actually pretty good. Rather large seat pitch long-haul for Economy, within Europe pay attention to sit upfront otherwise it is atrocious. Lack of inflight entertainment did not bother us as we manage to sleep on long-haul night flights. I would actually even consider it good value for money given the price paid.

Iberia Customer review :  28 February 2013 by A Hindle (UK)

We were booked from Heathrow to Lanzarote. The schedule was changed 6 times, and eventually all but one connecting flight were cancelled. Iberia were unable to get us to Madrid in time to catch the connecting flight. We were left high and dry, and eventually flew out on the previous evening to Madrid booking our own hotel. Iberia couldn't care less and offered no help or explanation. Just to add insult to injury, they use an 0870 number, so it cost every time I called them.

Iberia Customer review :  21 February 2013 by J Bacallado (Spain)

MAD-TFN-MAD. Check in and security at Madrid was fine, fast and easy. All flights departed on time, early arrival both cases. Boarding by groups, it was time Iberia started this, since always boarding with them is chaotic. On board seat comfortable, small legroom, no service, no IFE, food for purchase. FA very nice and accommodating.

Iberia Customer review :  21 February 2013 by A Wood (UK)

Very unimpressed with Iberia long haul flight from London to Quito via Madrid. It was like stepping back to the 1990s, travelling on a flight with no seat back screens, only 3 drop down TVs per cabin showing 3 films on the outbound journey and 2 on the return. Outbound films didn't even start until over 4 hours into the 10 hour+ flight. The only screen I could see on the return flight was not working, meaning that not only could I not watch the film, but it flashed on and off throughout the entire flight meaning I couldn't sleep either. The inflight meal was poor, but the wine was ok (only one was offered). No water or snacks brought through the cabin between meals. Return flight was a shambles. It was delayed but no announcement made until after the time the flight should have departed. Then told we'd have an hour to wait due to a security issue so everybody left the queue. A couple of minutes later it was announced that the flight was boarding, resulting in a scrum as everybody charged for the gate!

Iberia Customer review :  4 February 2013 by L Eames (Spain)

Internal flight, Bilbao to Alicante operated by Air Nostrum a subsidiary. Bought the ticket online, but instead of receiving an eticket in return, I got an itinerary headed "When the charge to your credit card has been made we will send you a new email with the information about the tickets issued." Fare was charged to my card immediately but no further email with eticket arrived. After a week, I phoned the number in Madrid as the number of their helpline. Nobody spoke English, but I managed enough Spanish to explain the situation. The employee was curt and unhelpful even when I asked her to speak more slowly. I then discovered that Iberia had refunded my account the fare days after the first payment, and Iberia had taken a further amount of double the fare. I have had enormous trouble sorting this out and getting a refund. A call to the same "helpdesk" in Madrid resulted in the insisting that the problem was with my (Spanish) bank and that there was nothing further she could (or would) do. Of course, my (Spanish) bank disagreed and said I needed to deal with Iberia. Very stressful for someone whose Spanish is not fluent. The actual flight was fine. Air Nostrum planes are small a 2x2 configuration, but leg room was adequate. No free food or drink, but available at a price as in low cost airlines. A late departure resulted in a late arrival. Just beware booking through their website.

Iberia Customer review :  18 January 2013 by Pete Zamora (USA)

Wheelchair was not available upon arrival as requested in Madrid. First request we were told it was not their job. Second request to flight attendant we were told they would call. The third request was to the Captain who told us it was taken care of as he walked off. Not one time did any of these individuals ever off me a seat until a chair arrived. It was very evident that they did not care.

Iberia Customer review :  8 January 2013 by Alan Clare (UK)

London - Sao Paolo, flight change in Madrid. Departed London late as needed to take off missing passengers luggage. Pay as you eat 'Tu Menu' service, served courteously. Boarding went quite well at Madrid but delayed departure due to taking off more missing passengers luggage. From Madrid meal was a good example of airline food and the wine was agreeable. Crew delighted to offer me a second wine. This was a modern Airbus but no individual television screens, two dated films shown along with was an interesting Iberia magazine programme. Surprised that staff did make 2 rounds giving out water and chocolate biscuits during the flight. Good attention to use of seat belts through turbulence and announcements in English clear. Wash rooms do not appear to get sufficient if any attention during this 10 hour flight and became rather smelly. Sao Paolo - London. On departure the plane was clean and pleasant smelling. Cabin crew greeted passengers with a mixture of surly indifference and pleasant smiles but didn't see much in the way of assistance to find seats or storing hand luggage. Meal good but I made the mistake of asking for an additional wine! The reply came, 'I am very busy collecting. If you want more wine wait until we are finished and come to the back of the plane'. This time one reasonably recent film. Again, wash rooms became smelly and lacked attention during the flight. This was 24th December and the crew could not have been less festive. Madrid - London was code share with BA and what a contrast to the Iberia leg.