Iberia Customer Reviews and Iberia Passenger Trip Reports

Iberia Customer review :  11 September 2012 by Richard Callis    (Brazil)

BCN-GRU, Economy Class. Old, tired A340-300, woeful entertainment (no seat back TV). Got a bulkhead seat so reasonable space but behind appeared tight. Seats old and uncomfortable. Food was simply dreadful and this was flying out of a home airport. The only plus was a friendly crew, not common with Iberia. Shared lounge at BCN, showers not working, limited food, but comfortable seating, but nothing like the lounge at Madrid which is one of my favourites.

Iberia Customer review :  5 September 2012 by J Bacallado    (Spain)

Montevideo-Madrid. Check in very fast and easy. Lounge great at Montevideo airport. Flight departed on time, boarding by rows and business boarding area separate. Once on board everything great. I was called by my name at all times, food great. Manage good sleep. Breakfast before arrival. Bags on belt fast, out on a taxi 35 min after arrival.

Iberia Customer review :  1 September 2012 by M Fernandez    (Spain)

MAD-VGO operated by Iberia Express. Hassle free check-in and fast-track security was excellent. VIP lounge was great: spacious, plenty of food and nice staff. Onboard seating was comfortable and only two rows of seats so ambience felt exclusive and service was attentive. We arrived to Vigo five minutes ahead of schedule. Overall a pleasant experience and I will fly with them again.

Iberia Customer review :  30 August 2012 by Angus Nimmo    (UK)

Having returned from Peru to Glasgow I have nothing but praise for the efficient boarding at all airports. The food was as good as any other airline and staff were excellent. The only negative was the lack of individual monitors. I don't think the general comments prior to my flight were helpful as I approach my flights with unfounded trepidation.

Iberia Customer review :  30 August 2012 by N Barnsley    (Spain)

MAD-MAN-MAN. Hour plus delay on both sectors, no explanation from ground staff or flight crew and a long, long wait for bags to come through at Barajas T4 on the return. Air Nostrum have started to charge for catering, like their parent company, and on the return sector the FAs said they'd run out of all food on the outbound flight. The aircraft was a new and surprisingly spacious CRJ1000 and the cabin crew were smart, efficient, friendly and spoke excellent English as well as Spanish.

Iberia Customer review :  29 August 2012 by N Francis    (UK)

LIM-MAD. Cannot compliment Iberia enough. Staff at office in Lima and at LIM airport incredibly helpful and friendly regarding an issue with our booking which had prevented us from checking in online. Flight boarded on time and departed early. Seats on A340-600 absolutely adequate and provided an inch more legroom than BA. Yes, no individual seatback TV, but large LCD screens around aircraft more than adequate and most people wanted to sleep overnight anyway. Crew mature and efficient, but still charming. Plenty of food (and dinner typical airline fare but tasty and hot) and drinks freely available from crew in galley. Arrived early into MAD. Genuinely couldn't have asked for more and very surprised. Will certainly fly IB to South America in future.

Iberia Customer review :  29 August 2012 by Natalie Tobin    (UK)

Flight from Lima to Heathrow changing planes at Madrid. Old planes, no seatback TVs, couldn't even see one of the 2 or 3 drop down TV's they were showing a film on. Staff were helpful, but food awful. Flight was late so only 1 hour between flights. Needless to say our luggage didn't arrive. Nobody even told all the Lima passengers the luggage hadn't been put on our flight and everyone was waiting at the carousel. British Airways who were dealing with it were really helpful - Iberia when we phoned weren't. My husband's bag arrived the next day, and mine the day after.

Iberia Customer review :  24 August 2012 by A Aznar    (UK)

ALC-MAD-LHR in Business class and first leg operated by Iberia Express. All flights on time, small business class cabin, attentive service, I was served a small tasty snack together with a glass of cava on the first leg of the journey. On the MAD-LHR great purser very attentive, constant rounds of water, great food, choices of entrees, great wines and spirits. Bang on time. Must be my luck but I find Iberia faultless. The Dali Lounge in Madrid, is comfortable with great food offerings, less crowded than the BA Galleries in T5.

Iberia Customer review :  24 August 2012 by R Hayes    (USA)

Vigo-MAD-JFK. Still waiting for my luggage to arrive in NYC. The food was beyond terrible - they served some awful pasta with a white gloopy cold sauce. When I couldn't eat that, they brought the so-called hamburger. Absolutely disgusting. The airline personnel is, as always more interested in talking among themselves than serving. The whole experience is deficient. Why fly them? The connections w/in Spain make it cost efficient. But I am going to rethink this. Business Plus has better seating: not much else.

Iberia Customer review :  21 August 2012 by Jane Evans    (Italy)

Miami to Madrid and then from Madrid to Turin. We tried to check in online from Miami but the system became unresponsive before we could select our seats and we were allocated seats automatically. At Miami airport we tried to change, as our seats were at the rear of the plane, but the assistant ignored our request and gave us our boarding passes with the same seat numbers. When I tried to explain again, another assistant arrived and told us it was too late, without even looking. Shortly after take off I went to the toilet where there was no soap, when I asked a surly male flight attendant he handed me a refill without saying a word. That refill remained there the whole flight. When I was served a cup of coffee a tray wasn't used and I had to hold my cup while it was poured, in all my many years of flying that has never happened before. When something fell off the trolley a lady attendant simply pushed it under a seat with her foot, and there it remained for the rest of the flight. No screen was visible from my seat as a tall gentleman was blocking any view I may have had. During the second flight we were astonished to learn that any refreshments had to be paid for, just like on a low-cost airline.

Iberia Customer review :  20 August 2012 by Richard Chivers    (UK)

Having now been back for month I still feel very upset. I booked my flight with British Airways from Heathrow to Rio de Janeiro which was a direct flight which was fine. Return trip turned out to be with Iberia, we checked in online to be able to sit close to our daughter and son-in-law. On boarding we discovered that one of the seats was stained. The stewardess when I brought it to her attention moved myself and wife to another seat constantly apologising. We landed at Madrid where we caught a connecting flight to Heathrow when further insult was added - we wanted a drink of water on the flight and was told that we had to pay for it, as this was part of or long haul flight this we feel was outrageous.

Iberia Customer review :  17 August 2012 by Sean Kuo    (USA)

JFK-MAD-LHR, BCN-MAD-JFK. My expectation was low so the experience was not bad. Business Plus seats between New York and Madrid are not really flat and are not really designed for a tall person. I am 6'2" and couldn't sleep well at all. Business seats on domestic and inter Europe flights were the same as economy class with the middle seat unoccupied. Flight attendants were inattentive. One female attendant even unplugged the headphone without asking me first while she tried to collect it back. The noise cancellation headphone was cheap and didn't work functionally. Entertainment system was at the lower end of industry standard. There were probably only four new movies available. Food and wines choices very good. Lounge in Barcelona was horrible. Be prepared to pay 10 euros to get towels before heading to the shower. Lounge in Madrid was better but still no hair dryer. I probably will use Iberia in the future only when the price is competitive.

Iberia Customer review :  14 August 2012 by Glen Rennie    (UK)

Madrid to Gran Canaria connecting from a BA CityFlyer flight from London City. I booked via British Airways and discovered by chance that online advance seat selection on connecting Iberia flights is not available on ba.com but can be done via the Iberia website using the same booking reference number. Online check in a breeze 24 hours before departure at ba.com and I had already selected the seats via Iberia.com weeks in advance, seats 1A/C have great legroom (seat B is left vacant in Business Class) but is next to the galley so if want peace and quiet don’t select these. Our bags had been checked-in all the way through from London so can’t comment on the bag drop or check-in facilities. The Iberia lounge at terminal 4 is airy, bright and clean and being on the upper level means it’s closer to the ceiling air conditioning outlets and so was nice and cool on this 36*C day! Great selection of food and drink which was constantly re-stocked and fresh. Boarding was nothing short of shambolic! There was no pre-boarding for Business Class passengers and there was a scrum at the boarding gate with just one person checking boarding cards and passports. We were then herded onto a bus with less than adequate air conditioning and waited for about fifteen minutes before being driven two minutes around the corner to a different gate on the same wing of the terminal! A simple gate change to the opposite side of the lounge seating would have been the better option! The A321 aircraft looked a bit dilapidated outside with faded and flaking paint. The cabin was clean and all in order and with the middle seat left vacant we had plenty of room. Departure was over an hour behind schedule, 45 minutes late leaving the terminal and 15 minutes sitting in a queue to take off. There was a message from the cockpit in Spanish and English but it was garbled so no chance to hear what was said. No hot or cold towel round was made which I thought was unusual for Business Class. Newspapers offered just before take- off but that was the last we saw of the crew for over an hour, no drink rounds or any form of contact until lunch suddenly arrived. No food options were offered, the tray just arrived. It was served with a foil cover over the main, plastic packet over the cutlery and cling film wrap over the salad and desert. All was on china crockery with metal cutlery but no table cloth and with paper napkins. The tray remained on my table for about 30 minutes after I had finished and only then was I offered tea / coffee or a drink from the bar. No top-ups forthcoming and any further drinks requests had to be made via the call button which seemed to be chore for the crew. Didn’t feel welcome or valued at all and the false smiles from the stern female crew member upon disembarking were not appreciated. Arrival at Gran Canaria was over an hour late but we were quickly off the plane and through to baggage reclaim where our bags were amongst the first few to arrive. From plane to taxi rank took about 20minutes. My connecting BA CityFlyer flight was far superior to the Iberia Business Class segment. As the two airlines are under the same umbrella now I think Iberia really need to improve the standard of their product.

Iberia Customer review :  9 August 2012 by E Fox    (USA)

ORD-MAD, MAD-PAM (Pamplona) was a tight connection but was at the gate 25 minutes before boarding only to learn the plane had taken off 30 minutes early than the scheduled departure time. Ran into some trouble rebooking on the next flight however did make it to Pamplona 3 hours behind schedule. On our return flight, in Barcelona we were at the gate 2 hours before departure back to the states. The information on the screen at the gate was incorrect and when questioned the Iberia representative explained that our flight was next and that the current flight was a different flight. Ourselves and 3 other couples missed the flight as that was our plane. We tried to rebook and the Iberia personnel accused us of not being at the gate on time. When we escalated the issue to management, she was worse. Told us she would be happy to help if we paid her an additional 3000 euros for a new ticket to the states. We had to purchase new tickets home from Delta.

Iberia Customer review :  8 August 2012 by Drew Axelson    (USA)

JFK to Madrid. Plane was a clean A340-300. I got the window seat and no one sat next to me so I had extra space. The air conditioner was broken so when we got on it was about 90 degrees. The seats were very comfortable with a headrest that moved up and down. They fixed the air conditioner. Inflight meal was great and the movie up on the shared screens which you could see very well. Flight Attendants spoke perfect English and were nice and helpful. I slept for 3 hours woke up just in time for breakfast. We were late because of the whole air conditioner incident and almost missed our connection to Rome. The plane was an A321. Flight was uneventful and was not particularly good or bad. They did charge for drinks in economy class around $3 or 2.50 Euros which I thought was like something from a very low budget carrier.

Iberia Customer review :  8 August 2012 by Drew Axelson    (USA)

Madrid to New York in Business class. A wonderful plane and seat. The seat went flat into a bed, had many functions, electrically went down into any position, had a massage function and a footrest. The Personal TV was great with lots of movies and TV shows. My main course was good. The business class lounge at Madrid was nice. From Venice to Madrid we were in business class and it was good with comfortable seats and good food. No TV's though and the seats weren't much different from economy but they don't sell the middle seat so you have more room. On both flights the crew were nice.

Iberia Customer review :  6 August 2012 by Marcelo Rozengurt    (USA)

I flew non stop from Los Angeles LAX to MAD Barajas. Flight was full, the seat was ok but I was shocked to see that they didn't have any seatback TVs in economy. The service was good and the food was nice but as soon as the service is finished you need to get up and go to the galley if you want anything else. The crew don't seen to come through the cabin unlike BA where they come around with trays offering water or juice.