Iberia Customer Reviews and Iberia Passenger Trip Reports

Iberia Customer review :  7 January 2013 by W Bee (USA)

MAD-ALG, and ALG-MAD. Impressed with the punctuality with the departure and arrival time. The quality of the service was very good in terms of staff on board and on the ground. FA's were attentive. I flew them again from SFO-ORD-MAD with the second leg with Iberia, and again I was not disappointed. My only complaint is Madrid Barajas Airport. At the airport, there are no real amenities for the long haulers. Will fly Iberia again.

Iberia Customer review :  4 January 2013 by Scott Norton (USA)

Crew from BRA to TLV were abrasive in their enforcement of airline policies and regulations. Aircraft itself was an Airbus A319. Economy seats were cramped and uncomfortable. Definitely not where I want to spend 4 hours. The food itself was acceptable as far as airline food is concerned. In-flight entertainment was non- existent. In short, a terrible flight experience.

Iberia Customer review :  4 January 2013 by Kai Olesch (Germany)

MUC-MAD return (twice): I am getting the impression that Iberia has increased its service quality. The ground and onboard staff were very friendly, all 4 flights nearly on time and the cabin of the Airbus clean. When seated in one of the front rows space is ample, otherwise quite cramped. The disadvantage is that Iberia charges for food and beverages even on continental flights.

Iberia Customer review :  21 December 2012 by Daniele Micele (Italy)

Flown MAD-TFS-MAD with Iberia Express and had a very good experience. Particularly impressed with service provided on board where flight attendants were professional, polite and smiley. Excellent cabin presentation and cleanliness. Will fly Iberia again.

Iberia Customer review :  20 December 2012 by Sadhna Joshi (USA)

We've been flying international for over 25 years and never had such a bad experience! Unfortunately, we had decided to go to Madrid from Los Angeles and we were looking for the shortest flight with the least number of connections. Hence, we flew American Airlines to Chicago and from there Iberia to Madrid. The crew were rude. My husband pressed the hostess button twice, and both times the guy came and from behind us, stretched his arm and pressed the button 'off' without even asking why he was being called! Then when my husband went to get a glass of water, he was rudely informed that 'the fasten seat belt sign' was on. We knew that, and that's why we called for service! The plane was an old plane, with no individual TVs and hence no entertainment! The crew acted or actually didn't understand much English. The food was awful and their attitude was 'take it or leave it'. We've never seen this kind of service.

Iberia Customer review :  18 December 2012 by S Baxter (UK)

LHR-MAD, LIM-MAD, MAD-LHR. Excellent experience of Iberia Business Class. A340-300 on LHR-MAD route was a bonus with loads of room. Superb VIP lounge at Madrid T4S with plenty of space, food and self-service wine bar. Long haul flight on A340-600 was very comfortable with completely lie-flat seats. Cabin crew very friendly, and food was delicious throughout.

Iberia Customer review :  13 December 2012 by A Owaida (Palestinian Territory)

TLV-MAD-TLV, Dec 6-9. On the outbound I was offered an upgrade to business for $150 which I gladly accepted. Even though it was a small A319, it had the big reclining business class seats and the service was wonderful. Luggage took less than 5 minutes to arrive on the belt. On the return, no upgrade this time, but I was lucky to get the emergency exit seat and had plenty of room, the flight was only 40% full which helps. Would gladly fly them again.

Iberia Customer review :  12 December 2012 by E Bayless (USA)

My husband and I flew from ORD to Madrid and onto Barcelona. We were very hesitant about our flight, but found the crew to be very helpful. Impressed with the wine served and the meals were quite good. Our flights departed and arrived on time! We would not hesitate to fly Iberia again. The only disappointment was the lack of leg room and no IFE.

Iberia Customer review :  10 December 2012 by Paul Pritchard (UK)

Madrid to Santiago [Chile] on 3/11/12. Forced to sit in 31E for 13.5 hours despite paying for an aisle seat. The seat was awful in every way. When the passenger in front reclined their seat they sat on my outstretched legs. Only when the passenger beside me got up could I fold my legs under my seat as it was so cramped. FA's vanished after serving poor meals. Offering water during such a long trip especially to those trapped in the centre of the 'plane should be part of the job/service. Avoid.

Iberia Customer review :  6 December 2012 by Nicholas Coveyduck (France)

My wife and I were going to my sons wedding in San Juan, Puerto Rico and were then planning a US holiday afterwards so we booked with BA in Feb for BOD-LGW-SJU followed by SFO-LHR-CDG for flights commencing in November. Outbound flights were cancelled without us being informed. Was offered the routing BOD-LGW then a coach transfer to LHR at our own expense followed by LHR-JFK then JFK-SJU on American domestic. I did not think this was a reasonable re-routing. Finally offered ORY-MAD-SJU with Iberia. We checked in and given Fast Track security pass and went directly to the lounge. When the flight was ready for boarding we were escorted by a member of staff to Fast Track security and onto the boarding gate where we had priority boarding. Greeted by the Captain and cabin crew. Pre-departure drinks served and we departed on time. The breakfast meal was fine and we arrived in Madrid early and transferred directly to the Iberia lounge. Directed to the boarding gate where we were given priority boarding and were quickly settled into the spacious cabin. Pre flight drinks served and after departure the Purser came around and took our meal orders. There then followed a drinks service with nuts. We both enjoyed our food and the excellent wines on offer. After the meal I reclined the seat and had a good sleep before watching a film - the choice was limited as an English speaker but perfectly adequate. 90 mins out of SJU given a light meal and bar service. Arrived 10 mins early and were swiftly off the aircraft. Our bags were amongst the first off the carrousel. A very pleasant flight.

Iberia Customer review :  4 December 2012 by Richard Mac Bride (USA)

Alicante-Madrid-Chicago-San Francisco (ALC-MAD-ORD-SFO). All legs were excellent. Alicante to Madrid short hop on A320. At Madrid Barajas airport Terminal 4-S, American Airlines has a desk, which is very useful for code-sharing situations. Layover in Madrid 90 minutes. Madrid to Chicago was 9 hours on A340-300, plane was clean, although seats were narrow. Left about on time, personnel very good, service with good attitude, they gave extra wine, bread rolls, etc. Only complaint is no personal television sets. However, airline magazine is bilingual English-Spanish, giving extensive opportunity to work on Spanish, with excellent articles. Layover in Chicago 2 hours. Flight Chicago to San Francisco on American Airlines Boeing 737, nothing special but got me home. Luggage made it all the way to SFO on time despite short layovers.

Iberia Customer review :  4 December 2012 by I Prieto (USA)

Madrid to Rome, roundtrip, with an 8 year old child and an 87 year old. It is true that you need to pay for food in short flights. It's already been several years where I have had to pay for drinks on short US based airlines and they offer no paid food at all. Flights attendants are excellent and professional.

Iberia Customer review :  2 December 2012 by M Perez (USA)

10/20/12 - JFK-MAD, IB6250, A340-600, 10/28/12 - MAD-JFK, IB6253. Both legs cabin crew were efficient and professional. Aircraft were well maintained and service was appropriate, no frills, though.

Iberia Customer review :  25 November 2012 by Gianpiero Iacovino (Chile)

FCO-MAD-SCL. First leg Rome-Madrid more than 3 hours delayed, then, on board on an quite old and dirty A321. We arrived in Madrid having just 40 mins to change the terminal and take the second leg to Santiago de Chile. Aircraft was a new and really clean A340-600. 13 hours non-stop flight without any major trouble, landed in Santiago 20 minutes after the scheduled time. Food and beverage excellent, staff helpful and professional, but no IFE, so, take a book or a kindle with you.