Iberia Customer Reviews and Iberia Passenger Trip Reports

Iberia Customer review :  30 July 2013 by M Fernandez (Spain)

MAD-ORY. Fast check-in and boarding. Airbus A321 was clean and comfortable with good seat pitch even in the last rows. The crew was friendly, buy on board service was a little expensive and a bigger selection of choices would be nice. We landed on time and arrival experience at Orly was OK.

Iberia Customer review :  29 July 2013 by J Edward (UK)

I flew from Vienna - Madrid - LHR - ACC. Flight from LHR-ACC was perfectly ok with BA but the rest was poor. MAD airport staff were very rude. I don't know why BA is in partnership with this airline. My advice is simple, stay away from this airline and MAD airport.

Iberia Customer review :  22 July 2013 by Christopher Cotton (UK)

MAD-LAX, Business Plus. Worst business class flight I have experienced. Ground staff were good. The Lounge at MAD pier was OK. The service on board was abysmal. They brought around papers and magazines, but there were no English publications, only Spanish. Secondly not a smile from any of the crew at any time, in fact they all bordered on rude. It is obvious that the customer is in the way of them enjoying themselves. Drinks were not served until 1 hour after take off. No welcome drink. The hot towels were cold and damp. The food, where do you start? Starter tuna salad, 2 small strips of tuna on lettuce and cold soup out of a packet. The main was veal, 2 thin strips and some spinach. There was plenty of bread and wine but the food left you feeling hungry. The snack bar was not replenished. I asked for a diet coke and was sighed at by a crew member and did not get it. This is not business class food nor service. The seat was broken and did not extend. I reported it to a crew member but nothing was done, not even an apology. The AVOD system had 8 B rated films that were years old. Overall it is pathetic excuse for a business class experience. I can only thank my lucky stars I am flying BA Club home. I will never set foot on Iberia again.

Iberia Customer review :  16 July 2013 by Simeone Enrique (Belgium)

BRU-MVD-BRU via MAD. Delighted to know they have stopped the MAD-MVD services. It obliged me to find other ways to get to MVD. This company is good on short haul flights and on the phone when you are a platinum customer. For the rest, either on board or check in they are just a disaster. The crew are sulky and lazy and they do not want to do their jobs correctly. Once you've boarded late at night for the intercontinental legs staff disappear. Services like food drinks and amenities are just a joke, and cleanliness of the cabin and toilets just does not happen! Old and tatty planes. Goodbye Iberia - just hope I never have to board one of your planes again. However must admit that I will be happy to try their new A330 services.

Iberia Customer review :  8 July 2013 by L Amaral (Portugal)

IB 6345, 25th June, Madrid to Panama City. Plane was clearly in need of a refit, everything was old. The crew also seemed tired and not at all interested in what they were doing. My seat when it reclined to make it a bed had something broken on the arm. I informed the head of cabin crew, and after some effort he came to my seat and noticed the fact. He did not present any excuses, only said that he would inform the maintenance that a repair was needed. They had one meal less, so at first they were unable to give me the entrees, and they, with excuses, provided me with a salad from the crew, saying that it better than what they had served to the rest of the passengers. In the whole it was a very unpleasant experience. Iberia should be avoided whenever there are other options.

Iberia Customer review :  8 July 2013 by C Woodard (USA)

I booked with BA and my return flight from Nice to Madrid to Boston was Iberia. I figured BA would only partner with something comparable - wrong! Old planes with terrible seats, and no individual entertainment system. Only one tiny screen for the cabin with one movie on an 8 hour flight! I thought I had travelled back to 1981. Rude flight attendants who have no real interest in helping anyone. Even the food was pretty poor.

Iberia Customer review :  8 July 2013 by Chris Harrison (UK)

25/7/12, from Manchester to Madrid and on to Lima. Long delay at airport. Rude, unhelpful staff who couldn't care less about their customers. Inedible food. Non existent inflight entertainment. Uncomfortable, smaller than average seats. To cap it all, a party of older teenagers ran up and down the cabin screeching to each other and playing loud music! When I mentioned (very politely) to the cabin crew that the noise was very loud she just shrugged her shoulders and walked away. Worst of all was the lack of cleanliness! I will not use them again.

Iberia Customer review :  4 July 2013 by J Bacallado (Spain)

JFK-MAD. Very rude woman at check in for business passengers. She was a BA employee attending IB flight. Security fast line closed, so used the economy line, it was fast. Iberia uses BA lounge here at T7, very nice, big selection of drinks. Flight boarded on time, new A330 with new business product. Seated on 4A, window, feels very private and comfortable. FA very nice, first time I have seen them so chatty with passengers. Departed on time, nice service during this night flight. Tasty dinner and wines offered. Before arrival in Spain the served breakfast, but I just had coffee, so no comments on this. After arrival cleared customs and bags fast on belt.

Iberia Customer review :  2 July 2013 by H Parks (USA)

First time on Iberia. Company booked me on Iberia for my business from from JFK-BCN via Madrid Airport. For my 7+ hour initial flight to Madrid from JFK the plane was so old that it didn't have any kind of entertainment system at all! I was shocked to see that this kind of plane still existed! Food was decent, flight attendants were average, seats were very uncomfortable and small. I'm a 5'7" female and even to me, the legroom was very tight so I kept on hitting the seat in front of me. I can't imagine a man taller than 6ft sitting there. Only into 2 hours into the flight, my bottom started to hurt. Chairs are very awkwardly set-up as in angles and very uncomfortable. I will not be flying Iberia again.

Iberia Customer review :  29 June 2013 by Harold Bush-Howard (UK)

Still inconsistent food. Some times very good, other times indifferent. My review below of MAD-BOG mentioned the food still being mediocre. However, having just taken my return flight from Bogota to Madrid I must praise the delicious food on offer. It was so good I asked for seconds. The 'consommé' was very tasty, although it came with the usual Iberia boring bits of cheese and greens for starters. For main I went for a delicious chicken stuffed with vegetables and blue cheese. The cabin service director spoke to every single passenger in the very full business cabin, just after take off and before landing. I thought this was very good service. He took his time to do this and all FAs were smiley and efficient just as they should be. Iberia is improving for sure. Sadly, the new modern seats wont be available on the Latin American service for a while ad they are putting then only in the new A330s which will gradually replace the old A340s.

Iberia Customer review :  27 June 2013 by Graham Blake (UK)

LHR to MAD, MAD to Santiago in Business class. All I can say is do not use this airline. I fly many times a year on many airlines and these were by far the worst. There are too many issues to list but here are a couple. LHR to MAD - awful food and a choice of cheap red or white wine. Disinterested cabin crew. Aircraft too hot. MAD to Santiago - No choice of main course. When I said I don't eat fish I was informed that was all there is. Had to wait 10 mins for milk for my tea. My second cup came with no spoon, also lukewarm. Breakfast awful. Cabin crew once again disinterested.

Iberia Customer review :  20 June 2013 by M Elósegui (Spain)

BCN-MAD-BOS. Flight was on time and we landed early at Madrid. Then we had a terminal change, but the flight was delayed by one hour. The flight was very empty so we could choose seats. Seats had a lot of recline, and legroom. Staff was really friendly and even brought us business class items if we requested them. We landed in Boston just a bit after schedules time. The flight was excellent.

Iberia Customer review :  17 June 2013 by Alan Scannell (USA)

Flew from Chicago O'Hare to Madrid. Flight was 1.5 hours late leaving Chicago. Missed Connecting flight to Lisbon. The connecting flight was over an hour late. Missed pickup from airport to meet with tour. When returning home from Madrid there was much confusion at airport. Flight personnel seemed to be understaffed and frustrated. Could not communicate with them using in English. Flight was half hour late. This airline has a serious on-time departure problem.

Iberia Customer review :  14 June 2013 by T Ilan (Israel)

Having travelled from Tel Aviv to Madrid and back for several years now, and though I always preferred El-Al for this route, Iberia pilots are very good. I have noticed an improvement in staff attitude in the past two flights (flight attendants used to be so impolite, now it is mostly friendly) . English proficiency should be dramatically improved though. Food was also a little better on my last flights. If they carry on the good job I will definitely recommend Iberia.

Iberia Customer review :  12 June 2013 by Martin Ricoy (Spain)

MIA-MAD, flew brand new 330-300, business class, experienced the new flat seats. As for the seats Iberia tries to copy the BA concept, but they avoid the rear facing seats, result some seats have nice privacy, others are quite exposed to the cabin. Seat does lie totally flat but the space for the feet is extremely narrow, result jury still out. Service, traditional slow, unfriendly Iberia service in business class more than one hour after take off before any service to the cabin, the crew was busy chatting! Breakfast does not accommodate for those that want to sleep, full cabin brightness and loud voices from the crew.

Iberia Customer review :  8 June 2013 by B Jones (UK)

LHR-MAD-LIM and UIO-MAD-LHR. Could not check in online for outbound flight. Delayed on inbound flight and cases lost for 24 hours. Not enough cabin staff. Food consistently horrible. Could not see overhead screens. Headphone socket broken on outbound flight. Toilets on inbound flight dirty and out of toilet paper. First and last time with Iberia.