Iberia Customer Reviews and Iberia Passenger Trip Reports

Iberia Customer review :  19 December 2013 by Julian Saura (Norway)

SCL-MAD, A340-600. I took this flight back in November 2011. Flight scheduled at 14.05 (Chilean time) and to land in MAD at 07.00 (European time). Efficient boarding and nice staff. Because of some cargo issue the plane did not take off until 14.40. The captain, though, said not to worry and that flight conditions were good and we would fly over 1000 km/h to reach MAD even before scheduled landing time. However, about 4.5 hours into the flight, not far from Sao Luis, the flight encountered quite some turbulence with lightning and had to deviate towards Fortaleza. The turbulence went on during the whole Atlantic cruise. I have flown about 20 times from Spain to South America, but this was my most turbulent flight. Finally the flight touched ground in Madrid at 09.25 and I lost my connection. But overall good experience.

Iberia Customer review :  11 December 2013 by Martin Fernandez (Spain)

MAD-LHR-MAD. Checking-in online Iberia wanted 15€ for changing a preselected seat, I didn't expect that as I my fare wasn't the basic one. I think they should change that. Outbound flight delayed for two hours due to problems with UK traffic control, Iberia sent me a SMS informing about the delay even before the screens at the airport showed it. Staff on ground were attentive and helpful at check-in and handling the delay. The plane was an A321 and it was comfortable with good legroom, crew were fine and the captain explained the cause of the delay and apologized. We arrived at LHR with no other issue. I was able to change my seat for free at online check-in for the LHR-MAD flight. Airport experience on the return leg was good, BA staff was very nice. We boarded the plane on time but the flight was delayed for 30 min because there were problems with the tug truck, so not Iberia's fault. The plane was an A340 and it was very spacious, it had sockets between the seats so I was able to charge my phone. Crew were fine again and we arrived in Madrid with a 20 minutes delay. I got a very good price for my ticket and although both flights were delayed, it wasn't Iberia's fault and they handled the situation well, so I have no complaints about them apart from the fee for changing the seat on the outbound flight, that's why I score them with a 7 instead of a 9.

Iberia Customer review :  11 December 2013 by S Imber (UK)

My wife and I have just flown from London Heathrow to San Jose in Costa Rica via Madrid. The flight to Madrid was delayed for a day due to air traffic control breaking down in England. While Heathrow airport ground to a halt the information given to the waiting masses was virtually non existent. Many people were asked to queue for hours at desks only to be told that they were at the wrong desk and should have spent hours queuing somewhere else. It seemed that the only place to get information was to watch the television screens and catch the news reports. The onward flight from Madrid to San Jose was very disappointing for a long haul. The entertainment system was a few screens dotted around the plane that you may or may not get a decent view of. The staff seemed fairly efficient at the start of the flight but their enthusiasm very quickly waned along with their smiles. The legroom was ok and so was the food, nothing special but it probably wouldn't kill you. All in all the whole experience was lacklustre. The staff seemed to find the passengers a bit of an inconvenience and everything seemed a bit of an effort. Then they lost one of our cases and still have no idea where it is!

Iberia Customer review :  5 December 2013 by Sean Kuo (USA)

New York (JFK) - Madrid (MAD) round trip in new business class with lie flat bad. The full lie flat bad seats are comfortable but the tiny foot cubby can be an issue for passengers with a foot size larger than US10. The seat shell is not quite solid in my observation so the noises and kicking from the adjacent passengers are noticeable. The window seats on the two sides are better choices for people looking for more privacy. The cabin is airy and clean. The TV screen is large and crystal clear. Its also a touch screen so quite convenient to choose programs without using remote control. Though movies are quite limited. The food is edible but just not great. Amenity kit is cheaply made and not branded. The wine and liquor selections, on the contrary, are great and in good quality. I have to say service is cavalier and indifferent on both legs. I had to remind the crews what I asked for several times. Some staffs barely speak English. In conclusion, Iberia provides one of the best hard products between New York and Madrid. But they need to improve the catering and service urgently.

Iberia Customer review :  3 December 2013 by M Duverney (Switzerland)

We flew with from Madrid to San Jose and from Miami to Madrid this month and were very disappointed by the service, the comfort and the general attitude of the staff. Travelling with my husband, we asked at check in to be sat together, we were assured we were sat next to each other. We did not check at the time but found out that we were in opposite side of the plane. The plane is far from being great, only a few screens, depending on where you are sat you can hardly see the screen. The air hostesses are very unfriendly and not helpful. They hardly speak any English. Very bad experience, I usually don't put much importance on the airline we fly with but would avoid Iberia by all mean from now on. Also lost the luggage on the way to San Jose, got them 2 days later luckily.

Iberia Customer review :  2 December 2013 by Micallef Denis (UK)

Flew from Madrid to Lima. Poor service throughout. Staff rarely seen and totally ignored call button on three occasions. Food was totally inedible; hardly ate anything throughout the flight. Request for a simple alternative, e.g vegetarian turned down as not possible. Seat comfort poor and A340 needs updating. Total waste of business class fare. Will avoid Iberia whenever I can.

Iberia Customer review :  2 December 2013 by Frederik Kolster (Germany)

Meal: Offered only one meal on board in the business class: Fish, along with a mussels salad. Great choice for someone who is allergic to seafood. Ordered them to go to the economy class to grab there some food for me. Overall: the food (the fish and salad) looked like already eaten. Seats: Great leg space (I'm more than 1.90m tall) but the seat only provides a foot rest for people with a max size of 1.70m. My tip: If you are tall, don't go with Iberia. Flight attendants: Each flight attendant has one aisle. So in total it is approx. 20 people. The flight to Buenos Aires takes something like 12 hrs. So, enough time to remember that I don't speak Spanish. After the dinner there shouldn't be a break of 12 hrs. Maybe you ask people if they want to get some (non-alcoholic) drinks instead of letting them walk to the galley all the time. Equipment: Really poor. Take a look at American Airlines. They know how to handle that.

Iberia Customer review :  27 November 2013 by F Andrew (Spain)

I flew MAD-MIA - it was my first intercontinental with Iberia. I was led to believe this is one of their best routes in terms of aircraft and service. That may be the case but compared to other airlines the service and product were poor. A new aircraft but entertainment system had very poor selection of movies for such a long flight - almost nothing current. The navigation was slow and system crashed twice. The worse thing was the staff. The flight attendants on the few occasions one sees them are rude. They assume that UK or US citizens can't speak English and on three occasions I heard they say very rude comments in Spanish to non Spanish speakers - sarcastic, rude and unhelpful. There was no pre-flight safety check and again before landing no cabin check. We landed with people not belted and seats reclined. I rarely fly economy but on this occasion it was part of a special priced global ticket. It just made me feel that in an emergency it would be hard to get out of the aircraft as people were not ready for landing. I would imagine that on an emergency the staff would be unreliable. An airline that does not take safety seriously shouldn't be flying. Almost all of the 9 hours the staff was on the back galley talking. One was smoking one of those vapour cigarettes - not seen that on duty. When I asked for a glass of water they three flight attendants said they were on their break and pulled the curtain. I had one drink in 9 hours served with the meal. Iberia is a disgrace. In short don't fly with Iberia - poor attitude, poor product and questionable safety procedures (or lack off).

Iberia Customer review :  25 November 2013 by Leonardo Pavan (Italy)

The website wouldn't allow me to enter my passenger information details before the flight, nor choose my seat, etc. even though I was flying business as it kept mentioning an error message without providing any explanation on what the error was (from my side perhaps?). The online check in was fine. The flight to Madrid was fine. The business lounge in Madrid was nothing special at all: the greeting was average, the offerings rather limited in terms of food selection, and the wifi was not complimentary. The MAD-MIA leg of the flight was nice, food was fine, the service polite, the inflight entertainment options were very limited, quiet boring in fact, as well as a bit cumbersome to navigate. The seat reclines to totally flat, however the seat design and configuration is not the most comfortable with the footrest on the side of the seat in front, basically you are always sitting on an angle.

Iberia Customer review :  20 November 2013 by W Robin (UK)

IB flight from LHR to EZE in Buenos Aires. This was an extremely poor experience. The aircraft was old with no in- flight entertainment in the backs of the seats. Extremely small seats, which were uncomfortable and no online seat selection options. There was no inflight entertainment bar three films which were shown on a drop-down screen. There were two animated films, despite the lack of children on the flight. The staff were disinterested at best and rude at worst. Absolutely avoid Iberia if you have an option with any other carrier. It is a miserable experience.

Iberia Customer review :  18 November 2013 by J Bacallado (Spain)

MAD-LHR, A320, check in and fast track in just 5 min, business lounge nice with plenty of food, drinks, wifi. Boarding on time, nice FA. Plane a bit old, seat not very comfortable. Very nice hot breakfast. arrival on time T5.

Iberia Customer review :  13 November 2013 by T Mahr (Germany)

BCN-MAD-LPA-MUC using Avios and was not disappointed on a single flight. All flights on time or with a maximum 15 mins delay, loads of room, good food and plenty of attention from very friendly crews (the only thing you have to know that they are reserved but will do anything to make you comfortable if you ask for anything).

Iberia Customer review :  12 November 2013 by K Coolsnow (Spain)

Madrid -Zurich A319. First big disappointment is that when you want to check-in online you can not select anymore a seat and the system by default assigns you a middle seat. If you want to select your seat you have to pay an additional EUR15€ - pure rip off! The seats on the planes are cramped closely together. Food is only available against payment (and expensive), not even a glass of water is served free of charge! No entertainment, no newspaper - Iberia has really become a low service but not low cost operator.

Iberia Customer review :  11 November 2013 by M Elosegui (Spain)

BCN-MAD-BCN. Boarding was very fast in both airports due to the air shuttle entrance, the lounge at Madrid was really amazing and the seats had lots of space in business cabin, the meal was better than many intercontinental economy class flights and the service very attentive. We left the plane in a moment, and we were out of the airport before excepted.

Iberia Customer review :  5 November 2013 by Anthony Venere (USA)

Wife and I flew to Venice. We were pleasantly surprised. Service, the food and arrival time was all pretty good. We were not expecting anything too good going by the reviews we read before leaving. Goes to show you can not go by what some people say all the time.

Iberia Customer review :  4 November 2013 by D Leston (UK)

MAD-LIM-MAD-LHR with Iberia was a far better experience than I had expected. All flights on time, with clean, well presented aircraft, smiling crews, plenty of food (on the long haul sectors). All in all a good experience. The only down side is the lack of seat back IFE on the A340-600s at this point.

Iberia Customer review :  29 October 2013 by A Serna (Belgium)

I fly Iberia at least 4 times every month. I have to say that the airline is working much better now. Most of the flights arrive on time, the fleet is quite new and the crew has made an effort with better service. I have made the BRU-MAD flight often, and they are always on time. Last week I flew MAD-MIA. The flight was pleasant, the seat comfortable, the individual screen is wonderful, good films, TV series and music. The minus point: the food was not good at all! The ravioli were disappointing, and the salad was very poor. The crew were efficient but I think some members of staff should make more of an effort, they speak in a very abrupt way.

Iberia Customer review :  21 October 2013 by Miguel Rosendorff (Germany)

Sao Paulo to Madrid on 29/9/2013 was good. The service was ok. The plane an A340-300 had an old seat configuration. In 2009 I had a not so good experience with this airline but this time I was satisfied with their service.

Iberia Customer review :  17 October 2013 by T Le Masurier (UK)

MAD-UIO-GYE-MAD. Pleasantly surprised - new A340-600 was comfortable and new MAD terminal is excellent. Service and food far better on return and more attention (although not great) from cabin crew. Late departure from GYE but most of delay made up in flight, so made our LHR connection with BA.