Iberia Customer Reviews and Iberia Passenger Trip Reports

Iberia Customer review :  21 October 2013 by Miguel Rosendorff (Germany)

Sao Paulo to Madrid on 29/9/2013 was good. The service was ok. The plane an A340-300 had an old seat configuration. In 2009 I had a not so good experience with this airline but this time I was satisfied with their service.

Iberia Customer review :  17 October 2013 by T Le Masurier (UK)

MAD-UIO-GYE-MAD. Pleasantly surprised - new A340-600 was comfortable and new MAD terminal is excellent. Service and food far better on return and more attention (although not great) from cabin crew. Late departure from GYE but most of delay made up in flight, so made our LHR connection with BA.

Iberia Customer review :  14 October 2013 by L Ehrlich (USA)

We had fabulous flights from SFO to Madrid and back. I cannot say enough about the food, attentiveness of the staff, the on- time flights, the comfort of the seats, good movies, amenities, etc. Only thing - the bathrooms were just as tiny and old as in economy.

Iberia Customer review :  11 October 2013 by Bruno Cardoso (Portugal)

I flew Iberia last April only because the price (about 80 Euros) between Lisbon and Madrid was lower than TAP Portugal, Air Europa or Easyjet. I didn't have high expectations at all, because I was tired of hearing very bad comments about the company. But, during my round trip, one hour on each leg, things went ok. We embarked on an A321 on schedule and flights were very comfortable. The crew were a bit old, but very professional. Iberia didn't serve any food on this 45 minutes flight between LIS-MAD and then between MAD-LIS. Terminal 4 in Barajas is very comfortable, clean and organized. It was a good experience on Iberia, considering the bad expectations and comments that I heard before my trip. I will chose Iberia again.

Iberia Customer review :  10 October 2013 by Pasquale Iannelli (China)

Madrid to Bogota, on new seat configuration for A340/600. Awful experience! Seats are crammed and uncomfortable, staff are rude, food is so so. If you can, avoid Iberia. Only good thing is the tray table, that can be pushed aside so that you can get up which out having to clear it first. The new seat configuration has certainly gained for Iberia a few more seats, but this means for the traveller an incredible loss of comfort. It looks like you are in a cage and keep bumping with everything. When seated, on one side of the seat, there is an unmovable table, which takes up so much space, and one of your arms cannot move freely without bumping into it. Under this table is where the feet of the fellow victim behind you are resting. When laying down, be careful when trying moving your feet! You will bump into the tray of your fellow passenger in front of you, and it will hurt, I can assure you. Regarding inflight entertainment, earphones are far from noise cancelling. Movies are only available in Spanish or English. They say they have up to 50 movies, but I could only find 2 of interest. My TV set crashed, and it took 30 minutes for the flight attendant to reset it. But I understand them, there were only 4 of them for so many rows of business cages to take care of. This does not explain anyway their bad attitude. One lady asked for the complimentary beauty kit when she boarded the plane, and the flight attendant told her "not now!". Food is served in a rush, smiles are rare and far in between. After serving food, staff just disappear. Food is so so. On a 10 hours flight they gave us only one meal, and wine choice is limited to five Spanish wines and one champagne (Spanish cava). It has to be said that the wines are good. Some of the starters were nice, but the main dish was not. Presentation is extremely poor, as table is not laid out for you, but food is served inside small plastic boxes on a tray. Very little difference with what you get in economy class. The hot towel was coldish and did not serve its purpose. Bathroom was never cleaned, soap and toilet paper finished one hour before arrival.

Iberia Customer review :  7 October 2013 by D Towns (USA)

My flight from NYC to Madrid was not pleasant. After being served dinner I realize some sauce had spilled on my sweater. I asked the flight attendant if she had some seltzer and showed her the spot. She abruptly stated go to the bathroom. I was sitting a few rows from the back of the plane and when breakfast was served the last few rows was waiting for juice. About 2 rows ahead of me they stop serving and took the carts straight to the back. The people on the other side of the plane had no problem being served. I had the center row all to myself. The only way I could get a cup of coffee was to run to the other side of the plane when the attendant came close to my row. Also the day before my flight I received an email stating that I approved my flight change. I ended up staying on the phone for 2 hours. The person that served me was very helpful. My flight was booked through British Airways and when she called Iberia they first told her the flight was cancelled (the flight was never cancelled). She got me back on the flight I had booked.

Iberia Customer review :  2 October 2013 by I Ferraz (Portugal)

Flying from Porto-Madrid-Tenerife and returning, on 21 and 29th September. Couldn't find more helpful and friendly staff! Flights on time and nothing negative to point.

Iberia Customer review :  25 September 2013 by J Bacallado (Spain)

MIA-MAD. Check in at Miami fast, no lines. Fast track for security, and great Premium lounge at E-gates, shared with AA and BA. Boarding on time, new A330, comfortable seating, window seat feels very private. All seats direct access to aisle. Crew was great on this night flight, pre-drinks offered, quick dinner if you wanted to, (was my case), and could manage 7hrs sleep. Early arrival at Madrid, baggage quick on belt.

Iberia Customer review :  23 September 2013 by A Boge (Australia)

This is an airline to be avoided. I paid top dollar for a flight from Madrid to Milan because it was an integral part of a European vacation. I knew I was being had at the time when I saw that the same trip could be booked late for a fraction of what I paid (but I was prepared to live with that because I needed to certainty of knowing the flight was booked). What I cannot accept is the appalling service at check-in. Why do they even bother to have an on-line service - it means nothing. On top of that they have lost my baggage.

Iberia Customer review :  20 September 2013 by R Vines (UK)

I flew London to Lima via Madrid. The planes were clean and the staff were courteous and friendly. They deserve praise. Also, all the planes were on time and the lounges in Madrid were fine. (Except for the absence of English- language newspapers). On board, the seat configuration, international meals and in-flight entertainment were from another age. Passengers are just not used to six abreast in Europe and on trans-continental flights nowadays. The food was below what Cathay Pacific served in economy 30 years ago.

Iberia Customer review :  18 September 2013 by M Elósegui (Spain)

BCN-MAD-LCG. Very pleasant flight to Madrid with polite crew and comfortable seats for a short haul flight, although no food is served. Then we had a 1hr and 15min layover in Madrid and Iberia staff was very helpful and responded all our questions with a smile. The leg to La Coruna was very pleasant with a nice crew and fine seats. We landed early, 20 minutes before scheduled time. I will fly again Iberia and I would recommend it to friends.

Iberia Customer review :  17 September 2013 by H Chay (USA)

MAD-MIA on beautiful new A330-300. Slightly early departure and arrival. Pretty good seat for economy with state- of-the-art entertainment system and plush cushion and blanket. But poor and scant food and detached customer relations.