Iberia Customer Reviews and Iberia Passenger Trip Reports

Iberia Customer review :  7 January 2013 by Loreto Fernandez (Spain)

MAD-CPH. Operated by Iberia Express. Flight departed 5 minutes early and arrived 15 minutes ahead of schedule. Check-in was fast with no issues and VIP lounge was excellent with plenty of food and space. Only 6 seats in Business Class, so service was attentive and friendly. Meal served onboard was nice. The seat was okay, but legroom was tighter than Iberia mainline. In conclusion, it was a pleasant experience.

Iberia Customer review :  7 January 2013 by W Bee (USA)

MAD-ALG, and ALG-MAD. Impressed with the punctuality with the departure and arrival time. The quality of the service was very good in terms of staff on board and on the ground. FA's were attentive. I flew them again from SFO-ORD-MAD with the second leg with Iberia, and again I was not disappointed. My only complaint is Madrid Barajas Airport. At the airport, there are no real amenities for the long haulers. Will fly Iberia again.

Iberia Customer review :  4 January 2013 by Scott Norton (USA)

Crew from BRA to TLV were abrasive in their enforcement of airline policies and regulations. Aircraft itself was an Airbus A319. Economy seats were cramped and uncomfortable. Definitely not where I want to spend 4 hours. The food itself was acceptable as far as airline food is concerned. In-flight entertainment was non- existent. In short, a terrible flight experience.

Iberia Customer review :  4 January 2013 by Kai Olesch (Germany)

MUC-MAD return (twice): I am getting the impression that Iberia has increased its service quality. The ground and onboard staff were very friendly, all 4 flights nearly on time and the cabin of the Airbus clean. When seated in one of the front rows space is ample, otherwise quite cramped. The disadvantage is that Iberia charges for food and beverages even on continental flights.

Iberia Customer review :  21 December 2012 by Daniele Micele (Italy)

Flown MAD-TFS-MAD with Iberia Express and had a very good experience. Particularly impressed with service provided on board where flight attendants were professional, polite and smiley. Excellent cabin presentation and cleanliness. Will fly Iberia again.

Iberia Customer review :  20 December 2012 by Sadhna Joshi (USA)

We've been flying international for over 25 years and never had such a bad experience! Unfortunately, we had decided to go to Madrid from Los Angeles and we were looking for the shortest flight with the least number of connections. Hence, we flew American Airlines to Chicago and from there Iberia to Madrid. The crew were rude. My husband pressed the hostess button twice, and both times the guy came and from behind us, stretched his arm and pressed the button 'off' without even asking why he was being called! Then when my husband went to get a glass of water, he was rudely informed that 'the fasten seat belt sign' was on. We knew that, and that's why we called for service! The plane was an old plane, with no individual TVs and hence no entertainment! The crew acted or actually didn't understand much English. The food was awful and their attitude was 'take it or leave it'. We've never seen this kind of service.

Iberia Customer review :  18 December 2012 by S Baxter (UK)

LHR-MAD, LIM-MAD, MAD-LHR. Excellent experience of Iberia Business Class. A340-300 on LHR-MAD route was a bonus with loads of room. Superb VIP lounge at Madrid T4S with plenty of space, food and self-service wine bar. Long haul flight on A340-600 was very comfortable with completely lie-flat seats. Cabin crew very friendly, and food was delicious throughout.

Iberia Customer review :  13 December 2012 by A Owaida (Palestinian Territory)

TLV-MAD-TLV, Dec 6-9. On the outbound I was offered an upgrade to business for $150 which I gladly accepted. Even though it was a small A319, it had the big reclining business class seats and the service was wonderful. Luggage took less than 5 minutes to arrive on the belt. On the return, no upgrade this time, but I was lucky to get the emergency exit seat and had plenty of room, the flight was only 40% full which helps. Would gladly fly them again.

Iberia Customer review :  12 December 2012 by E Bayless (USA)

My husband and I flew from ORD to Madrid and onto Barcelona. We were very hesitant about our flight, but found the crew to be very helpful. Impressed with the wine served and the meals were quite good. Our flights departed and arrived on time! We would not hesitate to fly Iberia again. The only disappointment was the lack of leg room and no IFE.

Iberia Customer review :  10 December 2012 by Paul Pritchard (UK)

Madrid to Santiago [Chile] on 3/11/12. Forced to sit in 31E for 13.5 hours despite paying for an aisle seat. The seat was awful in every way. When the passenger in front reclined their seat they sat on my outstretched legs. Only when the passenger beside me got up could I fold my legs under my seat as it was so cramped. FA's vanished after serving poor meals. Offering water during such a long trip especially to those trapped in the centre of the 'plane should be part of the job/service. Avoid.

Iberia Customer review :  6 December 2012 by Nicholas Coveyduck (France)

My wife and I were going to my sons wedding in San Juan, Puerto Rico and were then planning a US holiday afterwards so we booked with BA in Feb for BOD-LGW-SJU followed by SFO-LHR-CDG for flights commencing in November. Outbound flights were cancelled without us being informed. Was offered the routing BOD-LGW then a coach transfer to LHR at our own expense followed by LHR-JFK then JFK-SJU on American domestic. I did not think this was a reasonable re-routing. Finally offered ORY-MAD-SJU with Iberia. We checked in and given Fast Track security pass and went directly to the lounge. When the flight was ready for boarding we were escorted by a member of staff to Fast Track security and onto the boarding gate where we had priority boarding. Greeted by the Captain and cabin crew. Pre-departure drinks served and we departed on time. The breakfast meal was fine and we arrived in Madrid early and transferred directly to the Iberia lounge. Directed to the boarding gate where we were given priority boarding and were quickly settled into the spacious cabin. Pre flight drinks served and after departure the Purser came around and took our meal orders. There then followed a drinks service with nuts. We both enjoyed our food and the excellent wines on offer. After the meal I reclined the seat and had a good sleep before watching a film - the choice was limited as an English speaker but perfectly adequate. 90 mins out of SJU given a light meal and bar service. Arrived 10 mins early and were swiftly off the aircraft. Our bags were amongst the first off the carrousel. A very pleasant flight.

Iberia Customer review :  4 December 2012 by Richard Mac Bride (USA)

Alicante-Madrid-Chicago-San Francisco (ALC-MAD-ORD-SFO). All legs were excellent. Alicante to Madrid short hop on A320. At Madrid Barajas airport Terminal 4-S, American Airlines has a desk, which is very useful for code-sharing situations. Layover in Madrid 90 minutes. Madrid to Chicago was 9 hours on A340-300, plane was clean, although seats were narrow. Left about on time, personnel very good, service with good attitude, they gave extra wine, bread rolls, etc. Only complaint is no personal television sets. However, airline magazine is bilingual English-Spanish, giving extensive opportunity to work on Spanish, with excellent articles. Layover in Chicago 2 hours. Flight Chicago to San Francisco on American Airlines Boeing 737, nothing special but got me home. Luggage made it all the way to SFO on time despite short layovers.

Iberia Customer review :  4 December 2012 by I Prieto (USA)

Madrid to Rome, roundtrip, with an 8 year old child and an 87 year old. It is true that you need to pay for food in short flights. It's already been several years where I have had to pay for drinks on short US based airlines and they offer no paid food at all. Flights attendants are excellent and professional.

Iberia Customer review :  2 December 2012 by M Perez (USA)

10/20/12 - JFK-MAD, IB6250, A340-600, 10/28/12 - MAD-JFK, IB6253. Both legs cabin crew were efficient and professional. Aircraft were well maintained and service was appropriate, no frills, though.

Iberia Customer review :  25 November 2012 by Gianpiero Iacovino (Chile)

FCO-MAD-SCL. First leg Rome-Madrid more than 3 hours delayed, then, on board on an quite old and dirty A321. We arrived in Madrid having just 40 mins to change the terminal and take the second leg to Santiago de Chile. Aircraft was a new and really clean A340-600. 13 hours non-stop flight without any major trouble, landed in Santiago 20 minutes after the scheduled time. Food and beverage excellent, staff helpful and professional, but no IFE, so, take a book or a kindle with you.

Iberia Customer review :  25 November 2012 by H Simms (UK)

Very disappointed with IB especially as they are part of the BA/IAG group. I booked on their website and went out to MAD with BA - at least we got a sandwich and free drink. Onward to Las Palmas boarding was chaotic, too much hand luggage allowed on board and they charge for all refreshments. Return flight to London both sectors on IB, no boarding by seat rows so aisles congested, far too much hand luggage allowed so overhead bins full before all had boarded. Steward tried to take our coats and bag and put them elsewhere to accommodate an oversized bag - not acceptable. If I book with 1world again I will make sure that we do not fly IB, they have a lot to put right.

Iberia Customer review :  19 November 2012 by J Bennett (UK)

ORD-MAD-BLQ. From previous reviews I was dreading this flight. but very happily surprised! On-time boarding, efficient and smiling staff but the best was one the most comfortable Economy seat. A new clean A340-600 - catering good and plentiful. There is a total lack of IFE although in 2012 with a bit of pre- preparation on the iPad that's not such an issue. The ability to sleep in comfortable seats makes up for the lack of IFE. Madrid Airport is modern, its also massive and transiting involves an incredible mix of travelators, elevators, train and walking long distances. Its a downside, few people speak English and they're quite surly. CRJ to Bologna on-time and half empty. Luggage was out quickly. A very pleasant surprise and would definitely do this again.

Iberia Customer review :  12 November 2012 by Enrique Simeone (Belgium)

BRU-MAD-MVD-MAD-BRU, C Class, old tatty planes. Still better service within their inter Europe legs. They should not be allowed to call that Airbus A340 business class service. Vile lounge, managed by rude staff. Once on board service is done by an ill treating cabin crew. Tasteless and Vile food, which I have had the unfortunate opportunity to taste 6 times this year alone, and have twice yet again to fly with them, and of course once upon arrival, found out they have lost my suitcase. Have repeatedly complained about their service both written and orally on board to HQ and they just nod and agree.

Iberia Customer review :  9 November 2012 by P Coman (France)

Having purchased through tickets for all six members of my family Toulouse to Lanzarote via Madrid, I checked my luggage allowance at the desk at Toulouse Airport two weeks before the flight and was told that as a British Airways gold executive card holder, I was entitled to an additional piece of luggage for each of my family members travelling with me; the agent even updated the reservation system to show this. Checking in, with only one extra bag, the check in agent firstly was not aware of the family allowance, which is the same as for Iberia Plus high tier cardholders, but did give me my extra bag - but as second leg was to be with Iberia Express, the system would not allow them to include the extra bag on the second leg nor check any bags through to Lanzarote. At Madrid they checked my bags in and tried to charge me EUR60for the extra bag. I refuted this and they checked in the bags with no extra charge only following discussion. I had further discussions with very responsive transfer agents at Madrid, who explained that this is a major issue with Iberia Express connecting flights. I am expecting to have the unfortunate experience on my return journey. If Iberia cannot provide the same service on all subsidiary companies, they should not sell tickets for the through journey without making it abundantly clear on the that Iberia Express operates to entirely different rules and is not accepting other high tier OneWorld frequent flyer cardholders' allowances. May I add that at Madrid, my lounge access was permitted for the and that both lounge and transfer desk agents were very sympathetic to my predicament and tried their best to penetrate the Iberia Express barriers in the system, although to no avail.

Iberia Customer review :  9 November 2012 by Todd Strassman (USA)

We flew Business Plus from LAX to Madrid return in Oct 2012. I was nervous about Iberia given poor reviews. The flat bed seats were great and the food good on the outbound, but very good on the return. The service was fine. We took a flight from Madrid to Rome and from Barcelona to Madrid. Business was fine. We wouldn't hesitate to fly Iberia again. The entertainment systems don't have many good movies, so bring your kindle.

Iberia Customer review :  24 October 2012 by J Bacallado (Spain)

Madrid-Seville. IB EXPRESS, return. Flights on time, early arrival. Crew young and very nice. Low cost service. Bags on belt just 10 min after arrival.

Iberia Customer review :  24 October 2012 by Herbert Schlenzig (Germany)

Frankfurt to Gran Canaria via Madrid. Check-in in Frankfurt very smooth but my wife and I couldn't get seats together. Seats were quite comfy, made of leather but head rest wasn't movable so was hard to sleep. All flights on time. The biggest thing to complain about is the service in Economy class. Drinks and snacks are available for cash only. Most passengers brought their own meals on board. FAs were friendly. From Madrid to Gran Canaria we sat together. Service again was cash only. From Gran Canaria to Madrid we couldn't sit together. FAs were unfriendly. Would use Iberia only if there is no other choice.

Iberia Customer review :  23 October 2012 by Karim Moukaddem (Switzerland)

Rio - Madrid - Geneva. Flight from Rio was one hour late but the staff onboard were perfect. The food was excellent and the Airbus 340 seemed less noisy than others. Breakfast served one hour prior to landing so we had plenty of time to sleep with no silly announcements. Second leg was very smooth as well. The only glitch is the poor onboard entertainment with very little choice. Overall, I would recommend them again.

Iberia Customer review :  22 October 2012 by Federico Muscogiuri (Spain)

DUB-MAD on Iberia Express. Agree with the previous reviewer about the terrible legroom. Thankfully the flight was only half full. Other than that the staff were pleasant enough and the flight was on time. Anything else is standard Iberia. Unfortunately on some routes from Spain you have no choice.

Iberia Customer review :  18 October 2012 by H Morgan (UK)

This is for Iberia Express who are a new subsidiary of Iberia. I flew IBS (IB Express) between SVQ and MAD recently on this new part of Iberia. The flight was on time on a relatively new aircraft. I should say however that they do not use mainline Iberia planes, they have their own fleet of A320s now and they have been configured for IB Express. They have a tiny business section and a larger economy section with the same moving curtain configuration as IB and BA. They use the same Recaro seats as IB but the legroom is atrocious - it must be the legal minimum, even the business rows had hardly any legroom. It's explained by the fact that the IB Express A320s have at least one extra row vs. Iberia which is already pretty tight. Passengers had to sit legs apart to get in to their seats. The rest of the flight was mostly comparable to standard Iberia - paying for drinks/snacks (not good). The legroom though really is awful and I would avoid them for anything except internal flights within Spain.

Iberia Customer review :  16 October 2012 by M Fernandez (Spain)

MAD-CPH-MAD. Outbound flight was excellent: fast check-in, organized boarding, friendly crew, comfortable seating and on time arrival. Inbound flight was interesting, we were supposed to leave on time, but there was a technical problem and we were told that the flight was delayed for two hours minimum. We were given a meal voucher and after waiting for four hours the flight was postponed for the following day and they took us to the Hilton hotel at the airport that was really good. Next day we departed in the morning and everything went smooth. In spite of the heavy delay, they managed well the situation so I don't have any major complaint.

Iberia Customer review :  9 October 2012 by M Griffiths (UK)

London Heathrow to Gran Canaria via Madrid return. Boarding fast and fuss free, food and drinks served quickly after take off with refills for those that wanted. Ample seating with a good level of service provided and all flights departed and arrived to schedule. A very pleasant experience.

Iberia Customer review :  8 October 2012 by T Grant    (USA)

FRA-ORD via MAD in Business Class. The European segment was fine. No complaints, no problems. Transatlantic flight was a major letdown. Uncomfortable hard seat, and very mediocre food. One expects more when flying in Business Class.

Iberia Customer review :  25 September 2012 by David Tjan    (Netherlands)

Recently flew MAD-SCL in economy. Very long flight in an old A340 aircraft. Toilets were smelly and not maintained. Seating clearly was old and showed signs of wear. It is amazing how little service was offered on such a long flight (13.5 hours). Only dinner at take off and until one hour before arrival there were no cabin crew to be seen. Staff didn't show any interest. One could get drinks in the galley. No snacks served in between. Food quality was very basic. In flight entertainment is prehistoric with only central TV monitor and a very poor audio choice. Besides the head sets provided in economy were terrible and started to hurt after 2 hours. At least both flights were in time so we arrived. But that's the only thing to be complemented.

Iberia Customer review :  18 September 2012 by J Raes    (UK)

Flew in this morning into Luanda from London via Madrid - Economy. (IB 3167 & IB 6321). The London-Madrid was like a low cost airline - however for economy I found it to be spacious compared to other carriers I have flown. I was very impressed by the cleanliness of facilities in Madrid - compared to other airports. In Terminal 4S however, its not abundant in Duty Free but loads of seating and many clean restrooms. Economy - no frills but the seats very comfortable, the aircraft restrooms clean and from Madrid to Luanda we were offered a good dinner - including a wholesome breakfast before landing. Staff were very attentive. If you want to get from A to B economically without the frills I would definitely choose them again.

Iberia Customer review :  18 September 2012 by J Bacallado    (Spain)

MAD-JFK-MAD. Madrid check in business area as usual fast and easy. Used fast track for security and train to the satellite terminal. I was at the Business lounge short 15 min from check in. Lounge great, with plenty of food, drinks. Boarding on time, separate area for business passengers. Once on board pre-flight drink, crew nice, departure on time. On board comfortable seating, lots of space, very nice lunch. The crew was very attentive and wine selection great. On arrival no fast track at JFK terminal 7, (shared with other oneworld partners), big line for passport. On return fast and easy check in at JFK airport, fast track for security. Iberia uses the British lounge at terminal 7, very convenient and nice ambience, not much food, just few sandwiches. Flight again on time, same service and nice crew. Early arrival at Madrid, bags fast on belt.

Iberia Customer review :  12 September 2012 by Benjamin Pittman    (New Zealand)

Flying Miami-Madrid-Toulouse was marred by the starting point - Miami - in my view, MIA being up with the worst anywhere. Will never go through this again. Iberia is so-so and dull. Check in was painful with unsmiling staff all through and all seemingly a hassle. My travel companion had his miles credited to his AA account but in opting for mine to be added to my Cathay Pacific Gold account, the class was later deemed not eligible for award points. Arrival in Madrid was fine but we were glad it was over. Then, the connecting flight to Toulouse was delayed several times with Iberia's Air Nostrum the culprit. There was never any explanation. Eventually we did get to Toulouse but much later than intended, which then threw out all plans for the of the day. Never again.

Iberia Customer review :  11 September 2012 by Richard Callis    (Brazil)

BCN-GRU, Economy Class. Old, tired A340-300, woeful entertainment (no seat back TV). Got a bulkhead seat so reasonable space but behind appeared tight. Seats old and uncomfortable. Food was simply dreadful and this was flying out of a home airport. The only plus was a friendly crew, not common with Iberia. Shared lounge at BCN, showers not working, limited food, but comfortable seating, but nothing like the lounge at Madrid which is one of my favourites.

Iberia Customer review :  5 September 2012 by J Bacallado    (Spain)

Montevideo-Madrid. Check in very fast and easy. Lounge great at Montevideo airport. Flight departed on time, boarding by rows and business boarding area separate. Once on board everything great. I was called by my name at all times, food great. Manage good sleep. Breakfast before arrival. Bags on belt fast, out on a taxi 35 min after arrival.

Iberia Customer review :  1 September 2012 by M Fernandez    (Spain)

MAD-VGO operated by Iberia Express. Hassle free check-in and fast-track security was excellent. VIP lounge was great: spacious, plenty of food and nice staff. Onboard seating was comfortable and only two rows of seats so ambience felt exclusive and service was attentive. We arrived to Vigo five minutes ahead of schedule. Overall a pleasant experience and I will fly with them again.

Iberia Customer review :  30 August 2012 by Angus Nimmo    (UK)

Having returned from Peru to Glasgow I have nothing but praise for the efficient boarding at all airports. The food was as good as any other airline and staff were excellent. The only negative was the lack of individual monitors. I don't think the general comments prior to my flight were helpful as I approach my flights with unfounded trepidation.

Iberia Customer review :  30 August 2012 by N Barnsley    (Spain)

MAD-MAN-MAN. Hour plus delay on both sectors, no explanation from ground staff or flight crew and a long, long wait for bags to come through at Barajas T4 on the return. Air Nostrum have started to charge for catering, like their parent company, and on the return sector the FAs said they'd run out of all food on the outbound flight. The aircraft was a new and surprisingly spacious CRJ1000 and the cabin crew were smart, efficient, friendly and spoke excellent English as well as Spanish.

Iberia Customer review :  29 August 2012 by N Francis    (UK)

LIM-MAD. Cannot compliment Iberia enough. Staff at office in Lima and at LIM airport incredibly helpful and friendly regarding an issue with our booking which had prevented us from checking in online. Flight boarded on time and departed early. Seats on A340-600 absolutely adequate and provided an inch more legroom than BA. Yes, no individual seatback TV, but large LCD screens around aircraft more than adequate and most people wanted to sleep overnight anyway. Crew mature and efficient, but still charming. Plenty of food (and dinner typical airline fare but tasty and hot) and drinks freely available from crew in galley. Arrived early into MAD. Genuinely couldn't have asked for more and very surprised. Will certainly fly IB to South America in future.

Iberia Customer review :  29 August 2012 by Natalie Tobin    (UK)

Flight from Lima to Heathrow changing planes at Madrid. Old planes, no seatback TVs, couldn't even see one of the 2 or 3 drop down TV's they were showing a film on. Staff were helpful, but food awful. Flight was late so only 1 hour between flights. Needless to say our luggage didn't arrive. Nobody even told all the Lima passengers the luggage hadn't been put on our flight and everyone was waiting at the carousel. British Airways who were dealing with it were really helpful - Iberia when we phoned weren't. My husband's bag arrived the next day, and mine the day after.

Iberia Customer review :  24 August 2012 by A Aznar    (UK)

ALC-MAD-LHR in Business class and first leg operated by Iberia Express. All flights on time, small business class cabin, attentive service, I was served a small tasty snack together with a glass of cava on the first leg of the journey. On the MAD-LHR great purser very attentive, constant rounds of water, great food, choices of entrees, great wines and spirits. Bang on time. Must be my luck but I find Iberia faultless. The Dali Lounge in Madrid, is comfortable with great food offerings, less crowded than the BA Galleries in T5.

Iberia Customer review :  24 August 2012 by R Hayes    (USA)

Vigo-MAD-JFK. Still waiting for my luggage to arrive in NYC. The food was beyond terrible - they served some awful pasta with a white gloopy cold sauce. When I couldn't eat that, they brought the so-called hamburger. Absolutely disgusting. The airline personnel is, as always more interested in talking among themselves than serving. The whole experience is deficient. Why fly them? The connections w/in Spain make it cost efficient. But I am going to rethink this. Business Plus has better seating: not much else.

Iberia Customer review :  21 August 2012 by Jane Evans    (Italy)

Miami to Madrid and then from Madrid to Turin. We tried to check in online from Miami but the system became unresponsive before we could select our seats and we were allocated seats automatically. At Miami airport we tried to change, as our seats were at the rear of the plane, but the assistant ignored our request and gave us our boarding passes with the same seat numbers. When I tried to explain again, another assistant arrived and told us it was too late, without even looking. Shortly after take off I went to the toilet where there was no soap, when I asked a surly male flight attendant he handed me a refill without saying a word. That refill remained there the whole flight. When I was served a cup of coffee a tray wasn't used and I had to hold my cup while it was poured, in all my many years of flying that has never happened before. When something fell off the trolley a lady attendant simply pushed it under a seat with her foot, and there it remained for the rest of the flight. No screen was visible from my seat as a tall gentleman was blocking any view I may have had. During the second flight we were astonished to learn that any refreshments had to be paid for, just like on a low-cost airline.

Iberia Customer review :  20 August 2012 by Richard Chivers    (UK)

Having now been back for month I still feel very upset. I booked my flight with British Airways from Heathrow to Rio de Janeiro which was a direct flight which was fine. Return trip turned out to be with Iberia, we checked in online to be able to sit close to our daughter and son-in-law. On boarding we discovered that one of the seats was stained. The stewardess when I brought it to her attention moved myself and wife to another seat constantly apologising. We landed at Madrid where we caught a connecting flight to Heathrow when further insult was added - we wanted a drink of water on the flight and was told that we had to pay for it, as this was part of or long haul flight this we feel was outrageous.

Iberia Customer review :  17 August 2012 by Sean Kuo    (USA)

JFK-MAD-LHR, BCN-MAD-JFK. My expectation was low so the experience was not bad. Business Plus seats between New York and Madrid are not really flat and are not really designed for a tall person. I am 6'2" and couldn't sleep well at all. Business seats on domestic and inter Europe flights were the same as economy class with the middle seat unoccupied. Flight attendants were inattentive. One female attendant even unplugged the headphone without asking me first while she tried to collect it back. The noise cancellation headphone was cheap and didn't work functionally. Entertainment system was at the lower end of industry standard. There were probably only four new movies available. Food and wines choices very good. Lounge in Barcelona was horrible. Be prepared to pay 10 euros to get towels before heading to the shower. Lounge in Madrid was better but still no hair dryer. I probably will use Iberia in the future only when the price is competitive.

Iberia Customer review :  14 August 2012 by Glen Rennie    (UK)

Madrid to Gran Canaria connecting from a BA CityFlyer flight from London City. I booked via British Airways and discovered by chance that online advance seat selection on connecting Iberia flights is not available on ba.com but can be done via the Iberia website using the same booking reference number. Online check in a breeze 24 hours before departure at ba.com and I had already selected the seats via Iberia.com weeks in advance, seats 1A/C have great legroom (seat B is left vacant in Business Class) but is next to the galley so if want peace and quiet don’t select these. Our bags had been checked-in all the way through from London so can’t comment on the bag drop or check-in facilities. The Iberia lounge at terminal 4 is airy, bright and clean and being on the upper level means it’s closer to the ceiling air conditioning outlets and so was nice and cool on this 36*C day! Great selection of food and drink which was constantly re-stocked and fresh. Boarding was nothing short of shambolic! There was no pre-boarding for Business Class passengers and there was a scrum at the boarding gate with just one person checking boarding cards and passports. We were then herded onto a bus with less than adequate air conditioning and waited for about fifteen minutes before being driven two minutes around the corner to a different gate on the same wing of the terminal! A simple gate change to the opposite side of the lounge seating would have been the better option! The A321 aircraft looked a bit dilapidated outside with faded and flaking paint. The cabin was clean and all in order and with the middle seat left vacant we had plenty of room. Departure was over an hour behind schedule, 45 minutes late leaving the terminal and 15 minutes sitting in a queue to take off. There was a message from the cockpit in Spanish and English but it was garbled so no chance to hear what was said. No hot or cold towel round was made which I thought was unusual for Business Class. Newspapers offered just before take- off but that was the last we saw of the crew for over an hour, no drink rounds or any form of contact until lunch suddenly arrived. No food options were offered, the tray just arrived. It was served with a foil cover over the main, plastic packet over the cutlery and cling film wrap over the salad and desert. All was on china crockery with metal cutlery but no table cloth and with paper napkins. The tray remained on my table for about 30 minutes after I had finished and only then was I offered tea / coffee or a drink from the bar. No top-ups forthcoming and any further drinks requests had to be made via the call button which seemed to be chore for the crew. Didn’t feel welcome or valued at all and the false smiles from the stern female crew member upon disembarking were not appreciated. Arrival at Gran Canaria was over an hour late but we were quickly off the plane and through to baggage reclaim where our bags were amongst the first few to arrive. From plane to taxi rank took about 20minutes. My connecting BA CityFlyer flight was far superior to the Iberia Business Class segment. As the two airlines are under the same umbrella now I think Iberia really need to improve the standard of their product.

Iberia Customer review :  9 August 2012 by E Fox    (USA)

ORD-MAD, MAD-PAM (Pamplona) was a tight connection but was at the gate 25 minutes before boarding only to learn the plane had taken off 30 minutes early than the scheduled departure time. Ran into some trouble rebooking on the next flight however did make it to Pamplona 3 hours behind schedule. On our return flight, in Barcelona we were at the gate 2 hours before departure back to the states. The information on the screen at the gate was incorrect and when questioned the Iberia representative explained that our flight was next and that the current flight was a different flight. Ourselves and 3 other couples missed the flight as that was our plane. We tried to rebook and the Iberia personnel accused us of not being at the gate on time. When we escalated the issue to management, she was worse. Told us she would be happy to help if we paid her an additional 3000 euros for a new ticket to the states. We had to purchase new tickets home from Delta.

Iberia Customer review :  8 August 2012 by Drew Axelson    (USA)

JFK to Madrid. Plane was a clean A340-300. I got the window seat and no one sat next to me so I had extra space. The air conditioner was broken so when we got on it was about 90 degrees. The seats were very comfortable with a headrest that moved up and down. They fixed the air conditioner. Inflight meal was great and the movie up on the shared screens which you could see very well. Flight Attendants spoke perfect English and were nice and helpful. I slept for 3 hours woke up just in time for breakfast. We were late because of the whole air conditioner incident and almost missed our connection to Rome. The plane was an A321. Flight was uneventful and was not particularly good or bad. They did charge for drinks in economy class around $3 or 2.50 Euros which I thought was like something from a very low budget carrier.

Iberia Customer review :  8 August 2012 by Drew Axelson    (USA)

Madrid to New York in Business class. A wonderful plane and seat. The seat went flat into a bed, had many functions, electrically went down into any position, had a massage function and a footrest. The Personal TV was great with lots of movies and TV shows. My main course was good. The business class lounge at Madrid was nice. From Venice to Madrid we were in business class and it was good with comfortable seats and good food. No TV's though and the seats weren't much different from economy but they don't sell the middle seat so you have more room. On both flights the crew were nice.

Iberia Customer review :  6 August 2012 by Marcelo Rozengurt    (USA)

I flew non stop from Los Angeles LAX to MAD Barajas. Flight was full, the seat was ok but I was shocked to see that they didn't have any seatback TVs in economy. The service was good and the food was nice but as soon as the service is finished you need to get up and go to the galley if you want anything else. The crew don't seen to come through the cabin unlike BA where they come around with trays offering water or juice.

Iberia Customer review :  3 August 2012 by Robert Osborn    (USA)

Madrid to Malabo, Equatorial Guinea. My flight was very pleasant as was the flight crew. Upon arrival at the airport in Malabo, I had trouble contacting the client office that was to meet me at the airport. Iberia Public Relations supervisor offered to assist me. Like myself, he was not successful. As it was near midnight, he departed for the day and I remained at the airport continuing to attempt to contact my clients. The following day found me still at the airport. The Pubic Relations Supervisor returned and on finding I was still at the airport, he took it upon himself to locate the office facility of the persons I had been unable to contact, then took the time to transport me in his personal vehicle to that location.

Iberia Customer review :  3 August 2012 by J Bacallado    (Spain)

MAD-SCL. Madrid check in and security very fast. Lounge at T4S great, dinner served before boarding. Flight leaving at 00.20, so once on board slept. Seat comfortable. Crew nice. Departed on time. Breakfast very nice too. Arrival on time. Great experience.