Iberia Customer Reviews and Iberia Passenger Trip Reports

Iberia Customer review :  3 August 2012 by Robert Osborn    (USA)

Madrid to Malabo, Equatorial Guinea. My flight was very pleasant as was the flight crew. Upon arrival at the airport in Malabo, I had trouble contacting the client office that was to meet me at the airport. Iberia Public Relations supervisor offered to assist me. Like myself, he was not successful. As it was near midnight, he departed for the day and I remained at the airport continuing to attempt to contact my clients. The following day found me still at the airport. The Pubic Relations Supervisor returned and on finding I was still at the airport, he took it upon himself to locate the office facility of the persons I had been unable to contact, then took the time to transport me in his personal vehicle to that location.

Iberia Customer review :  3 August 2012 by J Bacallado    (Spain)

MAD-SCL. Madrid check in and security very fast. Lounge at T4S great, dinner served before boarding. Flight leaving at 00.20, so once on board slept. Seat comfortable. Crew nice. Departed on time. Breakfast very nice too. Arrival on time. Great experience.

Iberia Customer review :  2 August 2012 by B Cary    (USA)

ORY-MAD-MIA - the check in process was a disaster and took almost 2 hours. ORY-MAD was delayed 45 minutes. MAD-MIA sat on the runway for over an hour with no AC and the temp outside was in the 90's. In flight service was horrible. Luggage was lost. They couldn't have done worse if they had tried.

Iberia Customer review :  2 August 2012 by Matteo Bertoni    (Italy)

JFK-MAD-MXP in Business. Cabin crew polite and efficient. The seat was full-flat and good to sleep in. Transfer in MAD easy and fast. It seems that IB is offering more services and higher quality standards to biz class passengers compared to other European carriers. I'll consider IB again for my flight to US.

Iberia Customer review :  25 July 2012 by E Prins    (Netherlands)

BCN-MAD. Flight delayed 2.5 hours due to technical problems. We were almost ready to board, but were sent back by the cabin crew at the very last moment. No information given about the reason, later one of the crew members announced something in Spanish but they were both unwilling and unable to explain it English, so we had no idea what was going on. The crew was just sitting at the desk doing absolutely nothing. Finally, we were able to board, but we were not welcomed by the rude staff and no apologies had been made about the delay.

Iberia Customer review :  25 July 2012 by A Aznar    (UK)

LHR-MAD-AGP in Economy, flights were on time, crew were helpful and friendly. It is true that IB should offer complimentary inflight service in Economy in short haul but they are not bad at all - planes are always clean and modern.

Iberia Customer review :  25 July 2012 by R Schuiling    (Netherlands)

AMS-MAD-LPA-MAD-AMS in European Business Class. Service on the flights was so-so, never really friendly staff on Iberia flights. They try to give you your food as soon as possible so they can sit down and relax. Also they are experts in chatting with each other. Worst experience was upon check-in at Las Palmas Airport for the way back with staff shouting at us that we were in line for Business Class. When I asked to talk to me in a normal way, she said me: "not today", unacceptable!

Iberia Customer review :  23 July 2012 by A de Araujo    (USA)

Friends who take the MIA-MAD route frequently warned me that boarding would be chaotic, I would have to sprint in order to make my connection in MAD and my luggage would be lost. My friends were spot on. Subsequently I had two family members fly Iberia in the ensuing weeks and luggage was lost on all occasions. Even with a 2+ hour connection time in Madrid bags didn't reach their final destination on the correct connecting flight. Flight crew was friendly, seat was OK and food was reasonable. But that's not good enough.

Iberia Customer review :  17 July 2012 by Christos Hatzis    (USA)

I ended up on a 12 hour layover in Madrid on route to Athens from Boston. Although there were two earlier flights with seats available they refused to put me on one of them unless I paid for a full last minute fare. Everybody was very rude and indifferent.

Iberia Customer review :  17 July 2012 by Charles Jordan    (Argentina)

Madrid to Buenos Aires Business Class. Excellent lounge in Madrid. Good hot food available. Boarding chaotic but once on board, attentive service, good dinner and reasonable breakfast. IFE could be better with more up to date movies. Overall, good value for money.

Iberia Customer review :  17 July 2012 by Marcelo Rozengurt    (USA)

Nonstop to Los Angeles from Madrid Barajas, checked in online from my hotel and I must say the whole experience was worth the money. The Velazquez lounge in the T4 satellite is located very close to the shops and is open 24 hours a day, great selection of drinks, food, showers and a sleeping area. On board, nothing to complain about, all amenities were excellent including the food and service.

Iberia Customer review :  9 July 2012 by M Akinnes    (USA)

London to Madrid return a 2.5 hr flight. The first flight was uneventful. Return flight to London was problematic and I lost my LHR-SAN connection on British Airways. First, though a minor detail, the pilot never welcomed passengers, never said a word about the flight except to give orders to the cabin crew. The flight left Madrid 40 minutes late in clear weather without explanation. At Heathrow we could not get to the gate because there was a truck parked in the area. Then when the truck was moved, the lift didn't work. Again, not a word from the pilot - flight attendants just answered passengers' questions about the delay one-to-one. Flight attendants were efficient and friendly. Short flight on Iberia but from this experience I wouldn't want to fly them long haul.

Iberia Customer review :  6 July 2012 by Avryl Pearson    (UK)

My husband and I flew from Heathrow, via Madrid to Quito, on 8 June 2012. The flight from Madrid to Quito was totally unacceptable. Firstly, why are people allowed more than one piece of hand luggage, when it specifically states that you are only permitted one piece of hand luggage? People were getting on board with 3 or 4 pieces of large hand luggage. Some of the hand luggage was larger than our checked luggage! There was no room to move on the flight. Secondly, not long after take off, one of the toilets was closed, as it was not working. On a 10.5 hour flight, the flight attendants did not once replenish supplies in the toilets, with the result that the toilet paper ran out. This was the most revolting and unhygienic flight that I have ever had the misfortune to experience. Last but not least, apart from the fact that the aircraft was from the dark ages (overhead screens which could not be seen, depending on where you were sitting) the food choice ran out half way through the economy section, with the result that you got pasta whether you wanted it or not! If you can possible help it, do not fly Iberia long haul.

Iberia Customer review :  2 July 2012 by J Bacallado    (Spain)

MAD-MIA-MAD. Check in at Madrid fine and fast track. Lounge great. Boarding chaos as usual with IB. Once on board great crew, food and seat. Arrival on time.

Iberia Customer review :  26 June 2012 by Bill Jackson    (Spain)

Alicante-Madrid return. Reserved my ticket on the Iberia website, revised everything and when I checked in at Alicante airport I was told that I had no luggage allowance as the flight was Iberia Express and that I would be charged extra for hold luggage. I explained that I had reserved on the Iberia website and at no time did I see any annotation about luggage costs. I fly regularly with Ryanair, Easy jet etc, so I reckon I know what I am looking for. I was told that as I had reserved with a low cost airline it would cost me 24 euros extra to take my luggage with me. My return flight to Madrid from Alicante with this "low cost" airline cost me 196 euros, plus 48 euros more for luggage! Has anybody else come across this problem? I did see that I was not the only passenger having to hand over a credit card to pay for luggage at the check in.

Iberia Customer review :  25 June 2012 by Kathleen Perini    (USA)

Flight: In last month. If can avoid flying on Iberia in the future, I will, even if twice as expensive. For this business trip to Santiago de Compostella, there was no other choice. Since Iberia left the Star Alliance, I was advised to book a separate ticket for the Iberia flights from Madrid to Santiago. On the return flight to Madrid yesterday (June 24) technical problems caused the flight to be rescheduled. They would not offer me a seat or standby on the next flight (which others were offered) because the new plane that was coming to replace for this flight was going to depart at 9.30 so would arrive in Madrid in time for me to collect my bags and check in for the 12.30 flight to the USA. Of course, this did not happen and in the airport in Santiago, nobody could help without exiting the departures area and going back to the ticketing area. Did not want to chance missing the flight by doing this a third time, so waited and hoped. Upon arrival in Madrid and missing the connection, they washed their hands. There were no other flights that day, so had to phone US Air and book a flight the next day and find a hotel. Iberia did give a breakfast voucher to customers that did leave the gate and go back out to the ticketing area to try to arrange for their connections. When everyone tried to use it to get a decent breakfast, we were told we could have a coffee and a choice from the donut tray. So barely a 3 euro breakfast. Astounding! I would also rank the trip to Santiago that was on schedule as below par. Just overall poor service and employees who are disengaged. Perhaps due to the recent change to another group of airlines. My experience would have been different if they remained part of Star Alliance. It would have all remained on one ticket, would have allowed me to reschedule without a change fee on US Airways and paid for a hotel. Also, even water was not offered, everything had to be purchased. I submitted a complaint when I arrived in Madrid.

Iberia Customer review :  25 June 2012 by Claudio Bartolini    (USA)

Flight: In last month. We purchased two plane tickets from Iberia, to fly from Florence, Italy to Madrid, Spain on May 24 this year (Flight 5579). The plane was scheduled to leave Florence at 4.50 PM, arriving in Madrid at 7.05 PM. When we arrived at the Florence airport we were told that no big planes could fly from that small airport, and that we were going on bus to Bologna to fly to Madrid from there, but that were no delays. Thus, we had to carry luggage outside to wait for the bus under the sun and left Florence two hours later. We boarded the bus, and arrived in Bologna 1.15 hr later. Again, we all had to carry the luggage ourselves to Iberia counter, they never provided any help to carry the passengers’ luggage. Finally they took us to a plane of an unknown Spanish airline company called “Vueling” which did not even offer a free drink, but sold us the drinks. After another delay in Bologna airport, we arrived in Madrid at 10.30pm, 3.5 hours late!

Iberia Customer review :  25 June 2012 by D Taylor    (Germany)

Seat pitch is unbelievable and unworkable - cannot open a laptop in the space. Too much information from the captain about poor ATC at MAD. And you have to pay EUR3 for a coffee, this on a 3 hour flight!

Iberia Customer review :  18 June 2012 by C Hyman    (USA)

After my last flight a couple of years ago on Iberia, I swore I would never fly them again. Unfortunately I had to take 2 Iberia flights in order to use my AA mileage for Business class tickets. I was very apprehensive, but it turned out to be a very nice experience. First, the Lounges at Barcelona and Madrid were better than any of the AA lounges I have been in, with a nice selection of food and a great selection of drinks (none of this one drink coupon stuff like American) Boarding was a little chaotic, but I have seen worse. On our BCN-MAD flight, the business class seats are a joke – nothing more than coach with every other seat empty. Service however was excellent. On MAD-BOS flight we were on an A340 and business class has lay flat seats. The seats would have rated excellent, but only if you are 5’9” and under can you lay perfectly flat. The cabin was clean and well maintained. The service was attentive and friendly. The food quality was excellent and there was a good selection of wine. I would fly Iberia again.

Iberia Customer review :  13 June 2012 by Robert Ellsworth    (USA)

While in Spain I suffered a medical emergency and needed to upgrade my coach return flight from Madrid to Washington to business class so I could recline my seat for better support to my injured back. Iberia charged me 4000 euros to upgrade my return ticket. What made matters worse, there was a vacant seat next to me in business class and the stewardess permitted a girl from coach class to sit in it throughout the entire flight, for free!

Iberia Customer review :  12 June 2012 by S Gold    (USA)

JFK-MAD in Business. Lounge (BA's) was great, boarding was ok. Cabin is old, seats were nothing special, but plenty of space. Service was poor for Business. The basics were missing (no champagne/cava during pre-flight - only water or juice), flight attendants didn't use names, service was very rushed. The dinner (food) was excellent, matched by a solid wine selection. Breakfast was barely a snack. IFE was poor. Overall not up to a standard Business product. Overall the service was really poor.

Iberia Customer review :  8 June 2012 by Rick Trobman    (Spain)

Moved to Madrid and I have few choices other than Iberia. In 2012, I have flown over 40,000 miles with them. What can I say, but horrible! I am a business traveller, and get no service. Boarding is always chaos. They have no real policy for cabin bags (so every other flight they take my bag and check it). You cannot pre- reserve a seat unless you want to pay extra. Once, after following their policy to reserve my seat within 24 hours of the flight, they took my seat, and put me in a middle for a 9 hour long-haul. When asked, they basically said "too bad". They are almost always late, and provide no updates or information. Avoid if at all possible!

Iberia Customer review :  7 June 2012 by Enrique Simeone    (Belgium)

BRU-MAD-MVD in C Class. Check-in a disaster, onboard good service on short medium European routes, Transatlantic routes especially to South America. After the very messy boarding in MAD, the service onboard is appalling and cabin attendants are rude and disrespectful. Would not recommend, but unfortunately need to use it because other alternatives need to change airports or wait long hours for connecting flights.

Iberia Customer review :  7 June 2012 by Maximilian Habenicht    (Switzerland)

I chose Iberia for my trip to Central America because they were the only airline offering a direct route from Europe (MAD) to Costa Rica (SJO). I do not recommend this airline to anyone, not only for the bad service onboard and the lack of what are now very common equipment's on any other airline (private TVs), but very simply for the terrible customer service Iberia offers to it's clientele.

Iberia Customer review :  7 June 2012 by G Schulman    (USA)

Traveled non-stop from Madrid to LAX in Business class. Airport lounge was ok. My wife was unable to check-in online, but airport check-in was easy. Seats were ok, but not as good as American or British Airways for the same equipment. We had bulkhead seats (in the second business class section) despite being told we did not. We were not moved to be next to our friends (despite request) and there were 5 vacant seats in business class. Entertainment was ok, but a fairly limited selection, maybe 12 English language films. The system was quirky and not intuitive. Food was sub-par. Flight was very smooth. Baggage claim was very smooth. On balance, to get from Madrid to LAX, the shortcomings of Iberia are outweighed by the ability to go non-stop.

Iberia Customer review :  7 June 2012 by Hans Roloff    (Germany)

Cordoba/Argentina to Madrid on 343 Airbus. Very limited airport/lounge facilities, but onboard the crew tried their very best to compensate those initial setbacks. Considering the airport infrastructure I assume Iberia brought part of the catering or even all food in from Spain - the result was very acceptable. In addition the cabin crew took care that "fast eating male passengers" did not limit the choices for the ladies - my wife and the other ladies on board had their full range of choices protected! "Ladies first" as in good old times. Wines excellent, seat quality as well - leather full flat seats, far better than average. AVOD is not my prime concern, I watch only the airshow and concentrate on reading material, food, and wine - plus a nap after meal. Departure and arrival times on time, baggage delivery in Madrid slow as usual, but priority labelled luggage arrived first on the conveyor. Summarizing it was a far better experience in Iberia's intercontinental business class than all former flights in their mediocre economy class.

Iberia Customer review :  7 June 2012 by J Bacallado    (Spain)

MAD-FRA-MAD. Empty middle seat, regular economy configuration for business class. Check-in at Madrid fast and easy. Fast track for security. Lounge was great, good selection of food and drinks. Flight departed on time. Breakfast onboard was good and the crew professional. The same on the way back. Small but nice lounge at FRA airport. Bags delivered fast both ways. Good business product for short haul.

Iberia Customer review :  30 May 2012 by M Heusdens    (Argentina)

EZE-MAD-ORLY / ORLY-MAD-EZE. The plane seemed old, inlifght entertainment was horrible, I had the opportunity to fly with British Airways twice in the last 2 years, and they had small personal LCD screens. Iberia ony had a big TV with a couple of movies showing. The food was good, except on the MAD-ORLY leg, where they charged you for everything. The cabin crew was rude and not attentive at all. They even scolded the people waiting in line to use the toilets because there were more than 5 people on the aisle. I definitely would pay the price difference of 100 USD and fly with British Airways or KLM next time.

Iberia Customer review :  30 May 2012 by J Hussain    (UK)

LHR-Madrid-Santiago(Chile) return in economy. LHR-Madrid no complaints, Madrid to Santiago - had to wait for almost 1 hour before boarding. Seat uncomfortable meaning I didn't sleep for the entire journey. Considering the length of the journey the food portions and serving times were poor. Inflight entertainment was 1 screen in the aisle!! How can this be in 2012? On the positive side having heard reviews of baggage loss on this trip, baggage arrived safely and flights were all on time. Return legs same as above but with even less food to Madrid!

Iberia Customer review :  26 May 2012 by Rich Benson    (UK)

Flew MAD-UIO in Business Plus. Lounge at Madrid was excellent. Boarding a little chaotic. Seats very comfortable with loads of space. Food excellent with a good choice of wines. Cabin crew attentive and friendly. Thoroughly recommended.

Iberia Customer review :  26 May 2012 by Nick Berry    (UK)

LHR-MAD-LIM in business class. Good food and service on first leg and despite delays transfer in Madrid fairly smooth. Onward flight to Lima on old A340 but seats comfortable and service including fine meals and wine way above club world. Immigration and bags out first, will fly Iberia again.

Iberia Customer review :  24 May 2012 by Richard Titchener    (UK)

Iberia is ok on a short haul. Have flown with them a few times simply because I only like to go from Heathrow as I can't bear the check-in queues at Gatwick and the holiday charters plus the ensuing scrum. In between 'Iberia one world this' and 'Iberia one world that', I can't make out inflight announcements. This also means that if you need to ask help with connections, forget it. Disappointing one has to buy drinks etc. Why can't scheduled airlines provide a meal in the old days. Also, toilets weren't stocked up with paper on one occasion.

Iberia Customer review :  24 May 2012 by T Waechtler    (Germany)

Berlin (Germany) to Jerez (Spain) via Madrid. It was the first time we flew with Iberia, and it probably was also the last time. In essence, the service was not existent. Even for the smallest cup of water you have to pay onboard, as well as for any other beverage or snack. The seating was incredibly tight, so even the rather short 3-hour flight Berlin-Madrid became a torture. On none of the flights there was an entertainment program. Many of the planes looked old; at least the cabins appeared quite bedraggled. With a good sense of irony, Iberia advertises in brochures on board with an "Unbeatable Service". Of course, in retrospect, the "service" was unbeatably bad. I would definitely not recommend this airline to anyone and will do everything to avoid flying Iberia once again.

Iberia Customer review :  24 May 2012 by Alfons Vandermolen    (Belgium)

GIG-MAD-BRU worst flight/connection in business class ever. Flew in late from Rio, purser confirmed it was no problem to catch my flight to BRU and they were aware of it. Transfer time 50min. No gate agent to confirm connection. Arrived gate to BRU. Gate agent told me "cant you see the gate is closed". Was there 15min before departure plane still at gate. After few phone calls I was allowed, plane left 20min late. Onboard purser gave me a menu, only 5 pax business class. I was the fifth. After 10 min took the orders and told me sorry we only have 4 meals. Arrived BRU, had to wait 70 min for luggage. Last bag and mine wasn't there. Had to wait another 20 min for paperwork.

Iberia Customer review :  23 May 2012 by F Bertoni    (Italy)

My very first time with Iberia: Milan-Madrid-Milan. Both flights on time. First flight was almost empty, but the service was very bad: the plane looked very old, cabin crew seemed not to care about passengers at all: they almost disappeared after take off and spent their time reading magazines. The flight back to Milano was a completely different story: new A320, flight was packed, but cabin crew were very professional, smiling all the time, and kept walking through the plane the entire flight. The price I paid was incredibly good, and will fly again Iberia should it happen.

Iberia Customer review :  22 May 2012 by Susan Sherman    (USA)

Took an Iberia flight to Spain outbound and British Airways on return flight. Seating was incredibly tight, interior of plane was old, tired looking and not very clean, the food was terrible, and the entertainment non existent. A 7 hour flight in a cramped seat without even a movie for distraction. This might be acceptable if the ticket price was deeply discounted, but it was not. British Airways, by contrast, had much roomier seating, surprisingly good food, and each seat had it's own monitor with many choices for TV shows, movies, and radio channels. Not only did they serve a nice full dinner, they also offered a sandwich several hours after dinner, and came around frequently with beverages (alcohol was free for up to 2 drinks). Never again with Iberia.

Iberia Customer review :  18 May 2012 by E Rodenberg    (USA)

Boarded American Airlines (operated by Iberia) on time at 7.30 the morning. That's about the only thing that went right and was handled correctly. We waited 45 minutes onboard with no information. We were told to de-board and were given a transit pass for a "temporary" delay due to mechanical work. After 90 minutes were finally told the flight was cancelled. After 2 hours of waiting for our bags that never left the Tarmac, we had to rush upstairs to get in line for new tickets to Madrid. 2 hours later in line we finally had our new tickets for a 3.50 flight to Madrid. After waiting at the gate for sometime with no information we were finally told that we would be boarding the very same plane. At about 6pm people started getting angry, no information, one customer service rep, no management or answers. At 8pm we are finally told that management had cancelled the flight for a second time, made a deal with Alitalia and we were to fly out at around 10 and arrive in Madrid at midnight. After another final 2 hours of trying to co-ordinate our luggage which, for all we know is still in Rome we left Madrid airport at around 2.30am - 19 hours late. Throughout the whole day not 1 single Iberia employee said simply "I'm sorry."

Iberia Customer review :  15 May 2012 by K Ross    (Spain)

Montevideo-Madrid. Cabin Crew didn't seem to care at all about passengers. The fasten seat belt sign was turned off after takeoff as usual but turned on again a couple of hours later and remained on for the rest of the flight - approx 11 hours. Passengers eventually ignored the sign and continued to walk around the cabin carrying drinks etc. even during turbulence. Cabin crew were sat in the galley for most of the flight. My wife wanted a drink of water, we pressed the call attendant button. A member of the cabin crew came about half an hour later, turned the light off and returned to the galley without asking what we, or anyone else, wanted. Prior to landing in Madrid passengers were allowed to remove large cases from the overhead lockers and sit with them on their knees clearly causing obstructions. I brought this to the attention of a male member of the cabin crew. He just shrugged his shoulders and walked on. I am sure the cabin crew feel passengers are an inconvenience. Never again!

Iberia Customer review :  11 May 2012 by J Bellington    (USA)

Just flew from Malaga-MAD-MIA. Took Iberia because it worked connecting to US domestic flight. Flight from Malaga to Madrid average. A typical domestic flight. It was 2.50 Euros if you wanted a soda. The real treat was MAD-MIA. Plane was about 80% full. Seats were okay. Typical comfort for international flight. It was the food, entertainment, and customer service that left me scratching my head. Do any Iberia execs fly other European airlines to compare notes?

Iberia Customer review :  9 May 2012 by J Bacallado    (Spain)

MAD-TFN-MAD. Easy and fast check-in at both airports, Madrid and Tenerife. All flights boarded and departed on time. All flights on A320, economy space ok, no meal service. Food for purchase. No IFE. FA very nice, coming around the cabin regularly. Arrival also on time. Nice service.

Iberia Customer review :  3 May 2012 by A Wood    (UK)

MAN-MAD on a CRJ 1000. Only 13 pax on a 100 seat plane, just as well as inflight service was non existent. Return MAD-LHR again only 39 pax on A321 200 seater, this time service was fantastic. Sad to see I had to pay for a couple of white wines though, may as well go with Easyjet or Ryanair next time as more than double the price but now have to pay extra for food, what's the point?

Iberia Customer review :  4 May 2012 by D Peck    (USA)

My husband and I flew Iberia for the first time from Miami to Venice (via Madrid). I have nothing but positive comments for their staff and equipment. I realize that they were dealing with a strike situation which caused a change in our original schedule and caused an 8.5 layover in Madrid. However their airport staff provided us with vouchers for the VIP lounge and free lunch during this long layover. The planes were clean and the food well prepared.

Iberia Customer review :  4 May 2012 by Alasdair Brooks    (UK)

LHR-MAD-EZE-MAD-LHR in economy. Other than the entertainment issue - they're not really that bad. They're comparable to most US airlines flying across the Atlantic. They're are still not using personal screens, this is a serious issue on the long flight to Buenos Aires. Food was a bit hit and miss. LHR-MAD leg was economy airline style: food had to be paid for. As with many US-based airline transatlantic flights, the second meal was a cold boxed snack. Drinks - water, juice, and cola - freely and easily available from the galley throughout, though usually on a self-service basis. My original booking back from EZE was cancelled due to the pilots' strike, but this was sorted out to everyone's satisfaction. Given that Iberia were considerably cheaper than any other options for the journey when I booked, it was perfectly acceptable as a 'get what you pay for' trip; unexciting, a little out of date, but hardly the flight from hell some people are suggesting.

Iberia Customer review :  3 May 2012 by A Castro    (Spain)

MAD-GUA. 11 hr 10 min flight. Boarding was absolute chaos. Aircraft was one of the recently retrofitted A340-300s, featuring a smaller business Class section and a larger economy class cabin with new "slimline" seats, which offer better recline and legroom along with power outlets for connecting laptops, iPods, etc. No personal TV video screens, but at least the old CRT monitors have been replaced by newer LCD screens, and 37'' or 40'' monitors have been placed on the central bulkheads that separate cabins. Food was by far the best I've had on an Iberia flight departing from MAD. Crew very helpful and attentive. Flight was on time.

Iberia Customer review :  2 May 2012 by R Harding    (UK)

London-Madrid-Sao Paulo. London-Madrid - I was not offered even a glass of water - not one of the crew passed to ask me if I wanted to purchase any food and I had a menu in my hand. At Barajas airport, the cafes were already shut and only one was open with a long queue. Information at the airport is very confusing and I could not find anyone to ask information. Madrid-Sao Paulo (around 11 hours flight) had no inflight entertainment, the crew not very helpful and the food not good at all. I will not use Iberia again nor will recommend to anyone.

Iberia Customer review :  1 May 2012 by Eric Gullett    (USA)

Domestic flights in the US are more comfortable and entertaining than my Iberia flight from Madrid to Los Angeles. No individual entertainment, old equipment, my headset outlet did not work (thank goodness nobody sat next to me so I used that), and the food was decent. The crew was very nice and helpful, but that did not make up for 12 hours of lousy entertainment and bad seats. I figure a 12 hour direct flight was better than a layover with a better airline, but I was wrong.

Iberia Customer review :  1 May 2012 by PJ Aron    (UK)

The worst customer service, dirty and uncomfortable seats, poor in-flight entertainment. I will never travel with them again, nor with BA at the risk of being tricked into flying with Iberia. Their customer service quip on the desks 'Here to help you', should finish with a question mark.

Iberia Customer review :  1 May 2012 by L Hadlington    (UK)

I'll leave this short as everyone has already said what I feel. I would simply urge people not to book with Iberia if they can help it, the experience was dreadful, we had problems with all of our flights between London and Costa Rica. We were delayed, flights were cancelled, rescheduled causing us to miss connecting flights and the pilots went on strike.

Iberia Customer review :  30 April 2012 by R Lantos    (Austria)

How is it they can charge a rate comparable to other intercontinental flights, yet provide worse inflight entertainment than a domestic flight? If fact, no inflight entertainment. The earplug jack in the armrest didn't even work, so even if I had been sitting close enough to see the inflight movie, I wouldn't have been able to hear the audio anyway. Apparently, any perks at all (like a forward-seat screen, movie/TV choices, music, etc are available only to business-class). At least the flights were within 30 mins of being on time.

Iberia Customer review :  28 April 2012 by K Stewart    (UK)

LCY through MAD to HAV with 5 hour layover in MAD. LYC (BA city flyer) great service and nice new plane. MAD-HAV (Iberia) flight on -old Iberia plane with dreadful seats, inflight entertainment, very poor quality food and fairly unhelpful staff. 5 hour connection seemed to cause issues. Return trip (HAV-MAD-LCY) departed an hour late. No information given and then on a system which was impossible to hear. Same old plane, seats and dreadful food. Staff were better this time. Thankfully my bag made it through the 1.5 hour layover and MAD-LCY (BA city flyer) flight was heaven in comparison. In the future I’d avoid this airline for trans-Atlantic flights and pay more and go direct if possible.

Iberia Customer review :  26 April 2012 by Freddy Lubin    (Israel)

Flew from Tel Aviv to Madrid, and back. I've never had less leg-space, with such little seat recline. The service was terrible. Our trays weren't taken away for two hours. Liquids with the meal were half-glasses, and it was impossible to get up to ask for anything to drink.

Iberia Customer review :  26 April 2012 by Camie Boel    (Belgium)

My flight was re-routed. I came from Costa Rica to Madrid, hoping to catch my flight from Madrid to Brussels. Flight to Brussels was cancelled, so had to take a plane to Manchester, and from there a flight to Brussels. Missed my flight in Manchester. I was left with no number to call so went to British Airways who called Iberia who hung up saying they are no travel agency. BA booked a hotel room and made sure I had an allowance for food. After much negotiation, BA booked a Brussels Airlines flight. It's unacceptable how Iberia behaved.

Iberia Customer review :  25 April 2012 by J Bacallado    (Spain)

MAD-IST, on A321. Madrid check-in fast and easy, boarding on time, departed a little late due to late passengers from another flight. Onboard nice staff, no IFE for a 4 hour travel time. Service good, lunch and drinks. Arrived 20 min early. Bags delivered fast, got on a taxi 30 min after arrival.

Iberia Customer review :  21 April 2012 by Jacqueline Simpson    (UK)

Heathrow to Miami with connecting flight in Madrid. Awful experience. Air stewards and stewardesses were not helpful. Asked for a glass of water for my daughter and it was met with a huge sigh and the glass of water arrived 15 mins later. Inflight entertainment was appalling. TV miles away and nothing for children. The pre-booked lactose free meal was unavailable and so my daughter was offered a gluten free meal instead! Trying to contact Iberian staff post flight about a couple of major issues was virtually impossible and staff were very unhelpful.