PAGE loading ... please wait!

Horizon Air Customer Reviews and Horizon Air Passenger Trip Reports

No Star Ranking Awarded

Add your Horizon Air Review

Horizon Air Unclassified Star Ranking

Horizon Air
7.4 out of 10  7.4 out of 10

HORIZON AIR customer review :  29 January 2014 : by Greg Bell   (Australia)

Seattle to Edmonton 12/14/13, returning 12/18/13. Bombardier Q 400 plane, small but with comfortable seating even for a six-footer as I am. Great cabin crew, and nice free drinks. An inflight snack might have been nice, but overall a pleasant experience.

HORIZON AIR customer review :  29 November 2010 : by M Wharfe   (UK)

I take Horizon often between Seattle and Portland, after arriving from the UK and always find staff very helpful. My last connection was late from LHR due to weather and holding separate tickets was a worry, however Horizon staff did all they could to rush me through and I made the original connection. Ground staff friendly and nice crew. Flight down was operated by a CRJ - its a quieter cabin and seems faster (not sure it is though), but the cabin feels smaller and return flight by Q400 was much more comfortable. Cabin crew nice and you still get a free drinks service on a 40min shuttle - great touch.

HORIZON AIR customer review :  10 November 2010 : by B Davey   (USA)

Great employees, service, schedules, but I have stopped flying with Horizon because they are now using Turbo Prop planes (Q400). It's slower, has more noise and vibration, and most of all they cannot fly at altitudes where the ride is smooth. This is compared to the full size jets that Southwest flies on the same routes as Horizon. I used to have the credit card, had Frequent flyer status, and earned oodles of miles. Those days are gone.

HORIZON AIR customer review :  1 June 2010 : by S Sweet   (USA)

First time flying Horizon and no problems noted on any of the flights. Seattle to Portland, Portland to Santa Rosa and Reno to Seattle. All flights on the Q-400 which I found to be an excellent plane. Flight crews were professional and appeared to enjoy their jobs!

HORIZON AIR customer review :  26 May 2010 : by P Jenkins   (USA)

I've flown with them 70 maybe 80 times in the last two years--mostly commute trips from Seattle to Spokane, and occasionally over to Montana. A few things about the Q400: This is not an old or aged aircraft. They are extremely fuel efficient compared to jet aircraft. They can cover shorter legs in approximately the same time as regional or larger jets. They tend to be a bit noisy on the inside particularly between rows 6 and 10 which are nearest the engines. Most of the examples in Horizon's fleet are less than five years old. I like the fact the Q400 can be boarded and deplaned from both front and rear making both processes faster than larger aircraft. I agree that this is not an airplane that you would probably want to spend more than about 90 minutes on at a time. I greatly prefer the Q400 to the Bombardier regional jets also flown by Horizon. Horizon's flight attendants are the best. Boarding in Seattle, Spokane and Portland is frequently a bit trying. Delays on Horizon are just like any other carrier.

HORIZON AIR customer review :  21 December 2009 : by G Salter   (Canada)

I've flown Horizon Q400's several times throughout WA, OR, and BC. Nice planes, and I actually prefer them to the CRJs. Flight staff is always good, and frankly, I've never had a problem with ground staff either.

HORIZON AIR customer review :  13 December 2009 : by L Chen   (USA)

Delays. If you want to get to where you want to be in time, do not take this airline. Rude customer service staff. Being threatened by staff: "you take this flight or I tear off the ticket now". They did not help to solve problems that they cause (connecting flights, checked bags and so on) and with that kind of attitude, I will not take this airline again.

HORIZON AIR customer review :  15 October 2009 : by Patrick Bradford   (Australia)

YEG-SEA economy. Checkin efficient, mentioned I was connecting internationally and got the $15 bag fee waived. Flight a little late but well informed and crew apologised. Good communication from the cockpit - nice CRJ aircraft in good condition with ample legroom, leather seats. Inflight service was surprising - 2pm flight with free beer, wine and pretzels with top-ups throughout the flight. No IFE but for 1.5 hours who cares. Friendly and obliging crew.

HORIZON AIR customer review :  18 August 2009 : by Jim Lyle   (USA)

Flew with Horizon three times in 2 weeks. Ground experience/check-in were nightmares with rude and inexperienced staff. 25 minutes to print a boarding pass? Don't call them out on poor service or you may not fly, as they reminded me repeatedly. Nothing like a threat to start your flight. Flight crews were dynamite! Flights were nice, a little dirty. They didn't transfer my luggage to my other airline for my last 2 legs of flight. The airline's baggage tag clearly stated that it should be transferred to Houston. Luckily, I passed baggage claim on my quest for a cigarette or I would not have seen my bag sitting alone in the empty baggage claim area. Recognized my bag and 2 nice TSA agents ran me to re-check my bag. Both I and my bag made it on only because of the TSA agent's insistence and the frantic efforts of the US Airways crew. Rule of thumb: if you are the only airline servicing an area, customer service is the first fatality. They have you by the throat and they know it.

HORIZON AIR customer review :  17 June 2009 : by A Mallon   (Germany)

SEA-YVR This franchise flight was my first with Horizon Air, and was a short flight up the archipelago-like coast between Seattle and Vancouver. It was an aged Dash 400 turboprop, and there was a mineral water service.

HORIZON AIR customer review :  15 June 2009 : by L Rogers

Customer Rating : 1/5

1 Star Rating

If you require a wheelchair, get to the airport an extra hour early. Do not book an early morning flight because no wheelchairs/attendants may be available until 5:30 AM or later. Expect the attendant to take your boarding pass from you, and prepare to make your own way to the correct gate when the attendant takes you to the wrong one. Expect to be scolded as if you are a child by staff if you try to complain. Try to keep your valuables strapped to your body at the security check, because the attendant may not pay much attention to them at the time. Although one of the flight attendants was appropriate in language and behavior toward people with disabilities, the other was obviously untrained in this and very uncomfortable.

HORIZON AIR customer review :  1 June 2009 : by R Dunford

Customer Rating : 4/5

4 Star Rating

Seattle to Boise and back again, no problem at all with the flight. Both left and arrived on time. Glass of wine on the way back a nice touch, although not for the drivers. Only complaint was they messed up adding a new Alaska frequent flyer number to my flight, although they did email and apologised afterwards.

HORIZON AIR customer review :  7 May 2009 : by Alan Hunt

Customer Rating : 5/5

5 Star Rating

LAX-RNO-LAX, a fabulous flight! Great check-in experience both directions. On-time, warm and welcoming FAs, the most entertaining pre-flight safety display I've ever seen (once seen never forgotten!) and a good Californian white wine (with top-ups) to accompany excellent nibbles.

HORIZON AIR customer review :  26 March 2009 : by John Wagner

Customer Rating : 5/5

5 Star Rating

A great commuter airline! On my recent trip to SE Asia via Seattle, I connected from Portland to Seattle with Horizon, and I have nothing bur praise for Alaska's sister carrier. Their CRJ- 700's are comfortable, staff are polite and efficient, and all flights on time.

HORIZON AIR customer review :  19 August 2008 : by Streb Lovell

Customer Rating : 4/5

4 Star Rating

SEA-MFR, then MFR-LAX. MFR-LAX is an important lifeline that I hope this airline never cancels, as lately they have been pulling out of quite a few cities in Oregon. All flights on time and staff very friendly and professional. No complaints, really, except the small seats. Interesting and fun choice of beverages. This must be the only airline serving free wine and beer.

Horizon Air - by A Davidson

30 January 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

BLI to SEA and very impressed with the ground staff, inflight crew and very helpful gate agent on arrival at SEA who gave me her full attention and assistance in getting from one end of the terminal to the other in order to make my connection! Definitely will fly with Horizon more often!

Horizon Air - by G Johnson

4 January 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

GEG-SEA-FSN: Flew on the regional jet both to and from Fresno but can tell that they have crammed more seats in the jet than the last time I flew it about five years ago. Seats were really tight. Service was fine; flight late taking off from Fresno but still made connections with Alaska. Horizon has always offered good service. Normally I fly from PUW to SEA and find the service out of Pullman to be excellent.

Horizon Air - by P Smith

1 January 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 5 Star Rating

YVR-PDX-YVR. Both sectors operated by new Q400 which is as quiet as a jet. Crew very friendly and service very informal but nice to be offered beer or wine and snacks on a short flight. I have always found QX staff to very personable, efficient and like their laid-back friendly service. Will fly with them again!

Horizon Air - by Edward Hahn

27 December 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

A subsidiary of Alaska Airlines. I've flown them many times into Billings, MT from both Seattle and Portland, OR. I had one bad experience where the early morning flight I was on was canceled because of crew problems. I was not able to get out until late that night on a flight that was 2 hours late. I received a $10.00 meal ticket and that was about it. All other times the flights have been good. On the last one in October, 2007, beer and wine from Oregon was complimentary and the flight staff were friendly, informative and entertaining. I will continue to use them.

Horizon Air - by A Wortham

22 May 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 5 Star Rating

YVR-PDX. Check in a breeze and a small aircraft (think it was a 28 seater). Got a drink and a few snacks as well. Crew on board were fantastic and a great flight. Seats were comfy.