Hawaiian Airlines Passenger Reviews and Hawaiian Airlines Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by N Kellogg    (USA)

Our first trip (OGG-SEA) on the new A330 with Hawaiian. We like the wide-body aircraft because when the two of us travel we can get a window and an aisle seat together. The seats on this plane are the most uncomfortable seats I have ever sat in! The setback "entertainment" system is very slow and hard to navigate because one has to push hard on the screen for inputs to be recognized. I was afraid to push hard enough because it must have been annoying to the person in front of me. We had to miss the outbound SEA-OGG segment of this flight because of a change to our plans. I knew that we would not get anything back for that flight that we did not take but when we called HA to tell them that we would miss it they tried to collect $400 from us for change fees for the segment that we intended to keep. It has been our experience that the call center at HA is terrible and this was no exception. After 3 hours and no call we just went to the OGG airport where we were told that there was no change fee applicable.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2014 by K Stumpff    (China)

Flew Beijing to Honolulu, March 2014 in "Business Class." Definitely closer to economy plus. Uncomfortable, barely reclining seats, no electronics charging, in-flight entertainment consists of iPads with a few games and movies/TV shows. Food was okay, flight attendants brusque, but efficient. They definitely don't seem like they enjoy their jobs. Would look hard for other options next time especially with Air China starting to fly that route.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  18 March 2014 by Geoff Kelly    (New Zealand)

AKL/HNL + Maui and back. Flight up ok, apart from seating at rear of cabin (we had paid for this trip in March). Poor food and expensive inflight entertainment. Maui to HNL my wife and I were seated in separate areas of the cabin! HNL to AKL seated even further apart. Seating arrangements Maui/HNL sorted by very helpful passenger service agent. Seating arrangement HNL/AKL sorted by paying additional $US75 each. Never again. Note, we had booked and paid for this trip 6 months before flying.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  11 March 2014 by A Jain    (USA)

Worst business class I have experienced. We flew from Sydney-Honolulu and Honolulu-Oakland and were shocked. The seats were terrible, reclining just a little bit more than those in economy class and the food options for vegetarians were non-existent. We had informed them that we are vegetarian well in advance, but when we reached the airport, we were told that they don't have special meals for anyone, even in business class, so we'll have to make do with whatever they had. The lounge in Honolulu is shocking - no food, just some juice and soft drinks. If you do have to fly Hawaiian, do yourself a favor and save yourself a lot of money by flying economy - business class adds nothing.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Pavan Leonardo    (Italy)

AKL-HNL-LAX on 13 Feb, Business class: the AKL-HNL leg was on an A330, so the seats were very uncomfortable for a fairly long flight. The inflight entertainment was very basic. The staff seemed alright: even though they seemed to be very focused on 3 specific guests with whom they have been talking most of the time, they were friendly and they did their job. The service is very casual anyway. HNL-LAX was on a newer plane: seats were bigger but not really reclining, more of an easy chair than else. The inflight entertainment was via iPads as there were only communal screens. The chicken salad was really strange: the chicken was OK, but it got served with some very gooey steamed rice and 2 (as in two) very hard strips of carrot. The lounge in HNL was a joke: the only refreshments offered were orange juice, coffee and soft drinks from a dispenser, eventually I was able to find some dry snacks by the reception counter (instead than at the 'bar'). The decor is very shabby. The only good thing was the wifi.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by G Henderson    (Australia)

Brisbane - Honolulu, Boeing 767. Seat comfortable, food ok. Departed on time and arrived on time. Honolulu - Sydney, Airbus 330. Seat Rock hard (Standard Airbus), food oK, dinner could have come about an hour earlier. It was served about 8 hours after lunch. Entertainment excellent. Departed 30 minutes late, arrived 10 minutes late however did make for tight connection for Brisbane flight.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  16 January 2014 by M Wong    (Australia)

We flew over to Honolulu on 8th January 2014 and was most uncomfortable flight I have been on. The flight entertainment was atrocious and we were told the entertainment was no longer available, which I call false advertisement, as they still claim the tablets are available. We are dreading the flight back to Sydney, and will not be travelling with Hawaiian Airlines again. The airfares were not cheap either. Big mistake on our part.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  16 January 2014 by J Falconer    (New Zealand)

Went from New Zealand to Honolulu to JFK Return. Chose Hawaiian for the price. The staff seemed to be keen to help in the first 2 hours. Then it seemed that they were sleeping as it was hard to get service. My husband is blind and this was noted when booking but the staff were not very understanding, compared to other airlines we have flown. Food marginal.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Jace Borba    (USA)

I fly monthly on Hawaiian and January is always a surprising month as they change services for the new year. This time HNL-PDX, I flew coach exit row. No meal upgrade available like in 2013. Instead their complementary meal was a soggy, bready ,carbohydrate laden, terrible mess. It's as if Hawaiian said: let's do this on the cheap, so we can say "we're the only airline to offer complimentary meals from mainland to Hawaii". I get PR but what I was served was like a slap in the customers face, it was so horrible. I would pay the $15 for a more appetizing meal. The crew was, as always, excellent.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  3 January 2014 by Lovell Streb    (Taiwan)

Positive experience on short return hop between Honolulu and Kona. All flights on time. Baggage was not on plane on arrival in Kona, but arrived on the next flight after a short wait. Staff was friendly and professional.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  30 December 2013 by Susie Morgan    (UK)

San Diego - HNL - Hilo. Good service, very welcoming staff, small portions of food but good, breakfast consisted of fruit, crackers and cheese and macadamia chocolate. Later, we were served a cocktail and chips, which was lovely. Most entertainment has to be paid for and I think, so has the earphones but I had my own entertainment. My one bugbear, the recline of the seats are ridiculous with the travellers in front nearly on your knee, more so than on any other airline I've flown with. Luckily, they were very strict at meal times for seats to be upright. All in all, a pleasant experience.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  17 December 2013 by K Brett    (Australia)

HA451, 13/12/13, business class, seat 1G. On time boarding and departure and thankfully business class before children this time. As usual I was treated as a VIP due to my platinum status. Once onboard, the business class cabin staff were outstanding, they introduced themselves by name and learnt the customers names. The smiling faces of the 3 business class flight attendants was great - nothing was a bother for them. The food as usual on Hawaiian were great fish and veal with a very nice sweet for dessert, plus dessert wines and liquors, drinks flowed the whole way to Honolulu. After a sleep in the comfy armchair recliners style seats a big healthy breakfast was served about an hour out of Honolulu. One and only complaint this is an ongoing issue all of the bags marked first class priority were last off this problem always happens at Honolulu and in Sydney. Otherwise as usual great service and a highly professional team that needs acknowledged.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  16 December 2013 by Bruce Lucas    (USA)

First class from JFK to Honolulu. No more room than a normal domestic first class. Seats were manual recline and barely moved. I've never seen that before. No welcome kit. Food is a joke. Two choices tofu or ribs. 11 hour flight from hell with an equally poor entertainment system.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  12 December 2013 by A Storey    (USA)

HNL to AKL. Very clean A330 with neat mood lighting throughout whole cabin. Nice food but no choice. Free drinks and snacks provided at the back during the flight. Crew we're very friendly. Movies not the latest but plenty to watch. Would fly again.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  12 December 2013 by Rebecca Wright    (USA)

My flight from JFK to LAX was 20 min late including the time it took to retrieve my luggage at baggage claim. The flight I had just arrived on was located right next to the gate I was to leave from to catch my Hawaii flight. When I got to the Hawaiian ticket counter to check my bag in for the flight I still had 40 minutes remaining before my flight would leave for Hawaii. To my surprise no one was there at the check in counter. I explained that I had a flight to Hawaii that leaves in 40 minutes and I asked to speak with a manager or supervisor to assist me. The only response they gave me was to go to the information booth, which was downstairs and turned their backs on me and said “There is nothing they could do!”I went downstairs dragging my heavy luggage to ask for help at the information desk, was told to call Hawaiian Airlines. I went back upstairs and there was a representative there. I explained my situation stating there was no one to check me in. I was told: There is nothing that he could do and the next flight is tomorrow! I was stranded and had nowhere to turn to at the time. I was offered no assistance at LAX airport. I ended up paying for the ticket having to change my return ticket because of their policies. Then they informed me about a reduction fee policy after I already paid an extra $200! Hawaiian Airlines computer system appears, inefficient, outdated and extremely slow. I will never fly Hawaiian Airlines again!

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2013 by E Thomas    (Australia)

Sydney to Honolulu return, A330 brand new planes. Clean, tidy interior with mood lighting. Lovely, helpful, friendly staff. Very reassuring when we hit what they said was severe turbulence on the way to Hawaii. Kept us well informed of what was happening. Food pretty good for airline food and drinks aplenty. Always smiling. Flights all on time. Would definitely be my choice of airline flying to Hawaii or Americas again.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  25 November 2013 by K Shine    (Australia)

Flight from Sydney to Hawaii was fantastic, the service could not have been better. Staff were very friendly and helpful, the children had plenty of entertainment and the adults had plenty to watch all free. The leg from Hawaii to LAX was not what we had experienced in the first leg of the trip. The plane was freezing so I asked for a blanket and it was going to cost me $10us dollars. You also had to pay for the entertainment, we had just flown from Australia and they wanted more money. We were not happy, same again on the LAX to Hawaii - freezing, but the leg from Hawaii to Australia very comfortable.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  15 November 2013 by P Peter    (USA)

Honolulu to SF First Class. Excellent service, very good food. Only complaint is that the first class seats on the A330 are just not that comfortable especially when not reclined. 767 is more comfortable and the rest room is larger! All in all a nice experience.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  14 November 2013 by D Burt    (Australia)

A couple of weeks back we had to cut short our trip due to a family members health deteriorating rapidly, we were in Kauai and needed to get back to Sydney pronto. Hawaiian were accommodating on getting us on a flight but charged us both for entirely 2 new one way air fares ( AUD2200) - talk about slugging you whilst you are down - absolutely no compassion at all. Other family member were in the UK and Emirates/Qantas did all they could to get them home in time which they did and did all of this free of charge - we've flown with Hawaiian in the past but this has left a very, very poor taste in our collective mouths. IF we can at all help it will not be flying Hawaiian again.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  14 November 2013 by Lyn Moore    (Australia)

We flew for the first time with Hawaiian airlines from Brisbane on 767 to Hawaii then onto Vegas. We upgraded to business class on flight from Brisbane to Hawaii the night before on online check in for discounted price - worth it. Lounge at Brisbane airport is AirNZ and was great. Staff on ground very helpful, food great, we paid extra for bulkhead seat from Vegas to Hawaii - again, worth it plenty of leg room. I found every aspect of the flights great.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  14 November 2013 by B Freitas    (USA)

Most uncomfortable seats on any flight I've ever experienced. Very cold on the flight, no blankets or pillows offered on this OAK-OGG flight. Meal is a joke! Brunch consisted of 2 small slices of cantaloupe, 2 small slices of mushy watermelon, 2 very hard slices of unripe honeydew melon, 4 grapes, 4 crackers, one piece of cheese and one chocolate covered macadamia nut candy. When leaving home at 6:00 a.m. with two hour advance check-in before a 5:33 flight don't assume Hawaiian is offering a meal as their advertising reports; eat first, take food on the plane. Take a jacket to wear on the flight. Very tight leg room, uncomfortable, uncushioned, hard seats. They are the only airline that I know of that charges for ear phones. Could have brought my own if I knew they are not included. Poor quality entertainment choices. If you want to starve, freeze and suffer through a long flight fly HA otherwise choose a different carrier.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  7 November 2013 by John Pope    (Australia)

BNE-HNL return Business, although not fully flat the recliner seats are very comfy, food and beverages excellent as well as the staff. Inflight entertainment on the 767er not so good, but the service made up for it. As previously mentioned the lounge in HNL really needs upgrading, we walked in, used the restroom, and walked out.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9