Hawaiian Airlines Passenger Reviews and Hawaiian Airlines Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Spenser Bunn    (USA)

Just booked OAK-OGG in 1st last night. Price was right after watching it for a week. This will be our 3rd trip to Maui in two years going with HA in 1st. Service has always been great with HA. Food good, presentation well done. Wish there was more room in the 767's they use for this route. But fear that with the Slated smaller A/C proposed to take over this route, we're not fans of in the least bit. Sure, the 767's are showing their age, but the staff tend to make the flights well worth it. In fact, on last trip, I left items at the check-in counter and didn't realize it until we were on the plane. Got off the plane and spoke with gate agent. She confirm with check-in person my items were there and that they'd store them until we returned since it was close to us departing. And to my surprise, the check-in agent boarded the plane and handed me my items!

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by G Schmaltz    (Australia)

We flew return from Sydney to LAX then returning from Las Vegas. Of 4 flights only one left on-time. The flight from Honolulu to LAX left 2 hours late because of delayed fuelling. This happened again from Las Vegas (1h15m wait) and the flight was already delayed by 14 hours due to crew working hours. Our connection from HNL to Sydney (already 1 day late) left the gate, but had a flat tire and we waited 1 hour to fix it. Honolulu to Sydney the entertainment system did not work for over an hour and when it was rebooted the "Movies on Demand" were not free as advertised on the website for International Passengers. I did ask about not having to pay $7.99 per film but the flight attendant didn't seem to appreciate my request and ignored my call button for the duration of the trip. Staff seemed intent on hiding behind curtains. Poor service onboard and the Customer Service department is equally poor. 24 working days to get a response. I won't be using Hawaiian again – avoid at all costs!

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  12 November 2014 by F Recnik    (Australia)

We snagged $1300 return to Seattle as part of a Canada a trip with a stopover in Hawaii for 3 days on the way back. For the price paid and considering we are a family of five could not complain. Staff are friendly with constant drink top ups and smiles. Meals are not huge and the lack of free entertainment is a small problem. I guess if I had paid a premium price I would of been a bit let down as the other airlines out there are better. I would definitely fly them again if the price was right.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  12 November 2014 by C Yamaura    (USA)

They do not have their own staff for check in at JFK, there were 4 kiosks and only 2 worked. The staff were not welcoming or friendly and borderline rude. They kept mostly to themselves and barely smiled during JFK-HNL - no aloha spirit. Video selection was limited and a la carte, not one free movie, they charged for everything, even regular tv-cable shows that are free on other carriers. The Hawaiian Airlines video history and commercials with smiling friendly flight crew are free. We were treated to 2 gourmet packets of stale crushed peanut mix during the 10.5 hr flight. They don't give whole soda cans - just cups of beverage. Meal was half heated pasta with tomato paste - so eat well before boarding. Being a Hawaiian living in NYC, I did so much to promote this airline in NYC within my social circles, company and whenever I can. It breaks my heart to see how they have completely disintegrated as a company and lost the spirit of aloha. I travel frequently throughout the year and have flown on all carriers in USA - Hawaiian Airlines is the worst for the cost and experience. There are much better cheaper carrier/options.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2014 by N Bell    (USA)

ITO-HNL. Early morning check-in, usual poor attitude from ground staff HA seems to like to employ. Flight on time though with their "New" boarding process (zones 1, 2 and 3) they insist on boarding the plane backwards. Anyway, it was the usual overhead bins at the back of the plane were full and closed. What do they ship to take four and a half bins out of service? Drink service on the short flight, the coffee was quite good. The way back really showed how poor the inter-island flights are now HA have a virtual monopoly. Full flight, standard HA board in reverse and low and behold, the overhead bins at the back are full again, despite no passengers being in the seats yet. Find somewhere to stow carry on but told to put laptop under the seat in front. It does not fit and with the already meagre seat pitch I ended up with my knees almost on my ears. Water or sugary juice to drink from plastic containers It all shows how far HA have fallen since Aloha failed. I dread my next flights this coming week.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2014 by G Williams    (Australia)

Such an average airline. Travelled first class Honolulu to Sydney. The service was poor and the seats very uncomfortable. If travelling between Australia and Honolulu book on either Qantas or save money on Jetstar. Avoid this airline.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Maxwell Malcolm    (UK)

I travelled on 3 flights with Hawaiian airlines. From Oahu to Maui, Maui to Oahu then Oahu to New York. I was surprised to be charged $25 per flight for the short island flights per bag put into the hold. But my main issue was that unlike all other airlines, Hawaiian airlines do not cater for non meat eaters. If you are a vegetarian there are no food options for you, even on the 9hr flight from Oahu to New York. In this day and age that is totally unacceptable.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2014 by L Henry    (Australia)

Sydney-Honolulu-JFK early October and back same route. Positives - no delay, clean cabin, reasonably clean lavatory, friendly cabin crew, 60kg check-in luggage. Negatives - more expensive than most other airlines. No meal choice - chicken and rice only, salad inedible. Poor navigation on console, choice of movies/TV limited. Meagre snacks cost extra, only water is free during flight. Honolulu airport check-in and security hall is overcrowded and poorly air-conditioned. US domestic leg clearly sub-standard compared to int'l route. Overall, typical boring American-style airline with nothing to be remembered for. If you are used to Qantas or any good Asian or Middle Eastern airlines then you are in for a real cattle class ride. Won't be flying with them again at the current price.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Skill Mavis    (Australia)

I was most disappointed with the Business class lounge in Honolulu, the worst I have ever been in. I also thought that for a business class fare I would get a seat with more recline, I didn't expect a flat bed. I found it to be a lot more expensive than economy which I used twelve months ago and was quite happy with, but thought I would treat myself as I was travelling alone this time.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Borg Karyn    (Australia)

I flew business class from Sydney to Honolulu. Getting through Sydney airport was a dream, no queuing for check-in and expedient trip through both customs and security with priority. The Air New Zealand lounge was adequate, clean and comfortable. It is not the best lounge I have spent time in, but having said that there was good selection of food and drink. Boarding was effortless and again done with priority. The plane was old and it showed in the console and to a lesser extent the seats. The seats were comfortable plenty of leg room, the seat recline was not sufficient enough for a comfortable nights sleep. The leg and foot rest mechanism in my seat was faulty. The staff were wonderful and very attentive, both food and drink were plentiful and a good variety to choose from. The entertainment selection was good but a few more recent release movies would have been nice. I had a window seat, once the seat in front of me reclined I literally had to climb over the console to be able to go to the toilet. The USB charge facility did not work, so don't rely on that. All the above pertains to the trip home as well with the Exception of the Hawaiian Airline Lounge at Honolulu Airport. If your idea of a business class lounge is a cup of coffee or a soft drink then you will be happy. Not only did they not provide anything other than a packet of nuts, they do not allow you to take any food or drinks in. I would not bother using it again, the point being the lounge facility is part and parcel of flying business and first class and Hawaiian need to lift their game. Again I must say I could not fault the flight staff or the food and beverage services on the aircraft.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  18 September 2014 by J Fowler    (Australia)

Flew Hawaiian from Sydney this August. Could not sit in lounge at airport until just before boarding. Arrived at Honolulu to Big Island. Boarded plane but could not take off. They had no air con. Finally took off but could not disembark. Door could not open. It was an extremely long trip. Coming home we were told just before boarding from Honolulu there would be no audio for. 10 hour flight. I had to upgrade as I cannot sit in a confined space for that amount of time. Seated in business class. The air con was freezing all the way. Given IPads but battery kept running out. Could not rewind to where I finished my movie so had to watch it all over again with another IPad. The air con was freezing all the way home. Even the crew were wearing jackets jumpers etc. it was the worst trip there and back we have ever encounterd. Never again. Could not even get a cup of coffee after dinner. Only tea. Did not have decaf coffee. Someone forgot to make it.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Brian E Smith    (Japan)

HNL-KOA-HNL in economy. We had a very uneventful flight with Hawaiian Airlines, inter-island. They have good teamwork onboard, the FA uniforms are really smart, the "juice" is rotten (so just get water), up and down and painless flights. In the poorly designed Kona airport, I liked how Hawaiian have a ramp for the entry to the plane for wheelchair passengers and everyone with their giant roller bags. Can't imagine how boarding would work with stairs only. They have a monopoly on inter-island travel, so it could be far worse.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Judy Troxler    (USA)

Gone downhill in the last few years. We're First Class flyers and their food is almost inedible now and it used to be delicious. They've yet to upgrade the dated 767's out of San Jose on their non-stops to Maui. Nothing very special about HA anymore. Their food used to be top notch, now we eat before we get on the plane. Not saying much for First Class huh?

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by M Devins    (Ireland)

Very poor airline when compared to the main airlines. Considering the price we paid for first class the standard service, quality of food and overall experience was very poor. We traveled from Honolulu to New York, we found the first class lounge to be dirty and lacked any food or drink. The seat on the aircraft did not recline very far, the pillow and blanket were the same as in economy, food menu only had two selections, as for a wine list it did not exist. They need to look at some of the European airlines and learn how it should and can be done.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Julie Sanchez    (USA)

We were loyal HA flyers for years. We loved that we could finally afford First Class from San Jose to Maui (our favorite place in the world). We try to go 2x yearly. The vacation started on the plane! That was then. Over the last 3 years, Hawaiian's First Class services have declined dramatically. Starting with their food. What was a highly rated menu scripted by the GM of the Hali'maile General Store in Maui (great restaurant) is now normal coach nasty airline faire. The speed of the decline is epic. The 'ghetto birds' (767) still flying the non stop route from SJ to OGG are an insult to us Nor Cal folks. Why are the new planes not in place yet? The planes are old, tattered and the seating in First Class is more like a glorified coach. Our last trip in January had us on the runway at OGG for 12 hours! Delay after delay, we even had a crew switch as laws had them time out. Rude flight attendants were rampant on this trip as well (something we'd never seen on HA prior). Our son was due back at school Monday morning and a flight that was supposed to have us home at 8pm Sunday night, had us landing at 7.30am Monday morning. No dinner, no drinks, nothing that we paid double what coach travellers paid. So this once great airline is no more unfortunately.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Kym Cross    (Australia)

Our recent return flight from Honolulu was lacking to say the least. My son and his wife who were honeymooning were seated separately. My son who is quadriplegic was lifted into the aisle seat then a stranger placed in the adjacent window seat which meant the woman would have to repeatedly climb over him to her seat. My son and his wife were travelling with a 16 month old who was a delight throughout the flight. When the steward came through with the meagre sandwich offering, we asked for a sandwich for the baby to which she replied 'I will have to see if there are any left'. The baby had no seat but they were charged $300 anyway. Would you not expect a sandwich for that? Especially when there is no food for sale, custom laws make it very difficult to bring your own, and there are many hours between meals. So mean spirited it took the aloha out of our trip.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by J Frith    (Australia)

I flew first class on 12/8/14 from Seattle to Honolulu. Was very disappointed as the inflight entertainment did not work. For what you pay in first class it should be working, I am hoping they will honour my request for a voucher as the ticket was pricey. Please do give better options for food as well. This airline needs to lower its prices for what you get.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Neil Houseman    (Australia)

We flew Brisbane - Honolulu for the 5th time in August, 2nd time with Hawaiian Airlines, this time we flew Bus class and was worth paying the extra, the service was typically American, very friendly and helpful and the food was great with plenty of choices and plenty of drinks. There was an ipad to watch movies for the duration of the flight. All round a great flight and fantastic crew.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Stas Miliszewski    (Australia)

In Feb we booked our seats flying from Hawaii to Las Vegas. We booked four seats together as there were personal and mental issues that necessitated careful planning. In August On the day of our flight, without consultation Hawaiian Airlines changed our seats. We were separated, two of us were put in row 46 and apart. These non reclining seats were a nightmare. I checked the seats we had booked, the passengers sitting there were random. To add injury to insult the staff member in Hawaii at the check in counter for our return flight had the arrogance to say there are no non reclining seats on the plane. Maybe Hawaiian Airlines needs to let their staff have the experience from hell. We will never fly Hawaiian Airlines again. We are spreading the word through our large circle of travelling friends.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by S Ranger    (Australia)

Flew Brisbane to Honolulu return in last few weeks. Seats comfortable with lots of leg room. No movies shown overnight. Movies shown on way home in the day. Only big screen. Service ok. Food too spicy. Kids meals very good. On way home 2hrs out no toilets in entire plans. Some problem. They didn't announce that though. Check in at Honolulu is entirely self check in. Rather daunting. Wouldn't recommend for elderly, not a lot of help around. Would fly them again for excellent luggage allowance!

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  11 July 2014 by Wabster Mark    (Australia)

Flew SYD-HNL-PDX return June/July 2014 with Hawaiian. The price was right and the A330 aircraft configuration of 2-4-2 was handy for couples and family groups alike. Seats were rather hard on the behind after a few hours and getting up to move the limbs is hard if crew are working the aisles with snacks & meals though these weren't too common. It is all pretty no frills stuff, though on the international sectors all the in flight entertainment is free, but premium content is paid for on domestic sectors. The meals were adequate on international but really a token effort on domestic, although Hawaiian claims they are the sole US airline to feed you on domestic sectors anyway. SYD-HNL is overnight so it is best to just try to sleep or doze the night away after they feed you an hour or so out of SYD. a 3 hour layover and HNL-PDX is a daytime flight that arrives just after dark in the last bit of the trip. PDX-HNL is daytime but is a bearable 5.5 hours or so. My most negative comments are about the HNL-SYD sectors flown almost entirely in daytime, again staff feed you an hour or two out and do a few rounds of drinks but then want everyone to close the blinds and basically sleep/doze/not bother them for the next 7 hours or so. Overall we got to PDX for a month at a super low fare and knew what to expect having read a number of reviews here, so had reasonably low expectations for all the additional things airlines can add to make trips bearable. I'd hate to have paid full price for the trip. Having said that, for the same price we'd probably do it again.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  1 July 2014 by Murray O'Loughlin    (New Zealand)

We flew Hawaiian Airlines on our recent trip from Auckland to Honolulu return as well as flights from Honolulu to Maui return. We were very pleased with all flights. Air crew, planes and all check in staff were excellent and we were pleased to have chosen Hawaiian to fly with. We will definitely fly with them again.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  26 June 2014 by R Norman    (Australia)

On flight from Sydney to Honolulu on an A330 airbus upgraded to extra comfort seats for an extra $80 per person located behind Business Class plenty of leg room but hard and uncomfortable, but little else which doesn't add up to the package offer for the upgrade everything else is the same as in economy. No movies unless you pay for them. Drinks limited to wine or beer. Food on offer is mediocre. Flight attendants friendly, I have flown on similar 3 star airlines that provide much more than on offer with this airline. The return flight wasn't much better, still had to pay for extras including inflight entertainment, snacks which were limited and ran out quickly. Did not upgrade to extra comfort seat this time and not much difference with the same service except for some extra leg room. Don't think I fly with this carrier again as there is better options at the same or near price. Be aware it's self check in at Honolulu airport including luggage.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Heather Bowser    (USA)

Not the friendliest crew on this trip. I have flown with Hawaiian before and the staff was great but this time it was complete opposite. On this flight there weren't any pillows or blankets and the plane was cold. There is always one screaming kid and just my luck he was beside me and his Mom and her group of friends really didn't try to calm him down so this happened the entire flight which was about 5.5-6 hrs. The seats were uncomfortable and my seat didn't recline at all. Paid too much for what we ended up with.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Susan Sawyer    (Australia)

Travelled from Honolulu to Sydney. Seats squashed together and hard and uncomfortable. Less room than on an Australian domestic flight. 7.5 hours between lunch and dinner, there was a limited range of food available to buy in between meals but best to bring a snack with you. Friendly, helpful flight attendants, huge luggage allowance (2 x 32 kilo bags), complimentary pillow, blanket, headphones, eye mask and ear plugs: good selection of movies, TV shows, games and music.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  14 June 2014 by G Stevenson    (Australia)

Given health booked business class. Booked wheelchairs and meet and greets. Rang and triple checked on priority on luggage with assistance needed both in Australia and US. Imagine my horror, when, told flying business, first time ever and nil afford, told bring own food due to health issues. Spoke with them and sent world-wide advice on what we could take. Told first on, first off. Not true. Wheelchair passengers had to sit while able bodied passengers got off first. Told wheelchair would be available, would be pushed, assistance with luggage - not true. Got sat in first row, middle seats, about two inches extra width and some silly ramp thing you can push down on and get feet up about 5". Most uncomfortable seats ever. Told because of where we were sat, and had no choice, even though requested window seat, our two backpacks had to be up top at all times, so hubby was up and down to get medications, food, aides the entire flight. No wheelchair on arrival although pre-booked. And last off. Went from Honolulu to Kona, no help with luggage, consistently having to ask for help and tipping expected. Lounges disgusting at Kona. Return flight worse. All same as above. What did we get for business class prices! Nothing.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  5 June 2014 by John A Cunningham    (USA)

I have in my possession an itinerary and confirmation code, along with a stated price of $177 for a flight from Hilo to Honolulu May 28 for my granddaughter's birthday. Aside from hellish service and customer service representatives on UAL DEN-LAX flight (see earlier review) this one about took the cake. When I went to check in at Hilo Hawaiian told me that had no reservation for me. They said that they sent some kind of message to me earlier. I have all my email and text messages for weeks before the flight and there was no contact. Eventually the only way to make the flight was to buy an upgraded ticket (from $177 to $303). Needless to say I'll never, ever fly with Hawaiian Airlines again.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  4 June 2014 by David Cameron    (Australia)

Trip Brisbane to Honolulu return - Economy class. My wife and I flew Hawaiian Airlines as they offer a direct flight from Brisbane. We flew in a Boeing 767 and found there seemed to be more leg room than some of the more recent aircraft. Service was good both ways.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  3 June 2014 by A Mogie    (Australia)

Flew Sydney to Honolulu then Honolulu to Las Vegas and back to Honolulu on A330, overall flights were good especially the international legs but the seats on the 330 are far too hard. The flight attendants were very good, we then flew Honolulu to Brisbane on old 767 but actually this aircraft was very comfortable and would be my preference over the 330 every time.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  26 May 2014 by Peter Buckskin    (Australia)

I flew to Honolulu from Sydney returning to Brisbane last week and was impressed with the onboard service. I was connecting from a internal flight to a Hawaiian Air flight and had a great welcome from desk staff which continued in the Air New Zealand Lounge. Great food and drink service with great amenities. On board the A320 the unique Hawaiian welcome on board set the ambience for a great fight. Food and drinks service and care was exceptional. The great experience with Hawaiian Air resumed on my return flight on a 767 to Brisbane. The friendly welcome from Hawaiian ground staff at the curb side at the Honolulu terminal until I got on board was terrific. My only disappointment was the Hawaiian Premier Lounge, need to look at their code share airlines Virgin or Air NZ for a better standard. I felt I had the privilege of spending a further 10 hrs in Hawaii surrounded by the friendliness of Hawaiian culture. Good one Hawaiian Air ... I'll be back!

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  24 May 2014 by Steve Salisbury    (USA)

Las Vegas to Honolulu round trip in first class. This was our first experience in first class and we were very pleased. Immediate friendly service before leaving Las Vegas. Very good food and plenty to drink. On the trip back, the entertainment screen failed, and a flight attendant dead heading back to Las Vegas helped me get it working. Again, very good and friendly service from the crew. As this was our first time in first class, I can't compare seats to other airlines or plane models; but our seats were very comfortable on the A 330. If we can afford it, we would definitely do this again.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  17 May 2014 by Doug Jackson    (USA)

Hawaiian is usually very good at customer service once you are on the plane but the process to get a seat or an upgrade is the worst that I have experienced in the 17 years that I have traveled for business. As a Platinum member I have vouchers for a complimentary upgrade to first class on flights from the mainland to Oahu. I am now on my 3rd year of travel to Hawaii and I have not been upgraded once. The process requires that you wait until 72 hours before the flight before they will consider an upgrade but most of the time, First Class is sold out by that time. Even if it isn't sold out they will not allow any upgrades until the last minute in hopes of generating more revenue. The fact that they offer First Class to their Elite customers, then put processes in place that makes it impossible to use it says that they really don't have anyone with any customer elations skills working at the corporate office. I fly to Hawaii 6 or 7 times a year and I would rather they didn't send me any type of upgrade certificate as a teaser if they are never going to let me use it.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by N Kellogg    (USA)

Our first trip (OGG-SEA) on the new A330 with Hawaiian. We like the wide-body aircraft because when the two of us travel we can get a window and an aisle seat together. The seats on this plane are the most uncomfortable seats I have ever sat in! The setback "entertainment" system is very slow and hard to navigate because one has to push hard on the screen for inputs to be recognized. I was afraid to push hard enough because it must have been annoying to the person in front of me. We had to miss the outbound SEA-OGG segment of this flight because of a change to our plans. I knew that we would not get anything back for that flight that we did not take but when we called HA to tell them that we would miss it they tried to collect $400 from us for change fees for the segment that we intended to keep. It has been our experience that the call center at HA is terrible and this was no exception. After 3 hours and no call we just went to the OGG airport where we were told that there was no change fee applicable.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2014 by K Stumpff    (China)

Flew Beijing to Honolulu, March 2014 in "Business Class." Definitely closer to economy plus. Uncomfortable, barely reclining seats, no electronics charging, in-flight entertainment consists of iPads with a few games and movies/TV shows. Food was okay, flight attendants brusque, but efficient. They definitely don't seem like they enjoy their jobs. Would look hard for other options next time especially with Air China starting to fly that route.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  18 March 2014 by Geoff Kelly    (New Zealand)

AKL/HNL + Maui and back. Flight up ok, apart from seating at rear of cabin (we had paid for this trip in March). Poor food and expensive inflight entertainment. Maui to HNL my wife and I were seated in separate areas of the cabin! HNL to AKL seated even further apart. Seating arrangements Maui/HNL sorted by very helpful passenger service agent. Seating arrangement HNL/AKL sorted by paying additional $US75 each. Never again. Note, we had booked and paid for this trip 6 months before flying.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  11 March 2014 by A Jain    (USA)

Worst business class I have experienced. We flew from Sydney-Honolulu and Honolulu-Oakland and were shocked. The seats were terrible, reclining just a little bit more than those in economy class and the food options for vegetarians were non-existent. We had informed them that we are vegetarian well in advance, but when we reached the airport, we were told that they don't have special meals for anyone, even in business class, so we'll have to make do with whatever they had. The lounge in Honolulu is shocking - no food, just some juice and soft drinks. If you do have to fly Hawaiian, do yourself a favor and save yourself a lot of money by flying economy - business class adds nothing.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Pavan Leonardo    (Italy)

AKL-HNL-LAX on 13 Feb, Business class: the AKL-HNL leg was on an A330, so the seats were very uncomfortable for a fairly long flight. The inflight entertainment was very basic. The staff seemed alright: even though they seemed to be very focused on 3 specific guests with whom they have been talking most of the time, they were friendly and they did their job. The service is very casual anyway. HNL-LAX was on a newer plane: seats were bigger but not really reclining, more of an easy chair than else. The inflight entertainment was via iPads as there were only communal screens. The chicken salad was really strange: the chicken was OK, but it got served with some very gooey steamed rice and 2 (as in two) very hard strips of carrot. The lounge in HNL was a joke: the only refreshments offered were orange juice, coffee and soft drinks from a dispenser, eventually I was able to find some dry snacks by the reception counter (instead than at the 'bar'). The decor is very shabby. The only good thing was the wifi.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by G Henderson    (Australia)

Brisbane - Honolulu, Boeing 767. Seat comfortable, food ok. Departed on time and arrived on time. Honolulu - Sydney, Airbus 330. Seat Rock hard (Standard Airbus), food oK, dinner could have come about an hour earlier. It was served about 8 hours after lunch. Entertainment excellent. Departed 30 minutes late, arrived 10 minutes late however did make for tight connection for Brisbane flight.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  16 January 2014 by M Wong    (Australia)

We flew over to Honolulu on 8th January 2014 and was most uncomfortable flight I have been on. The flight entertainment was atrocious and we were told the entertainment was no longer available, which I call false advertisement, as they still claim the tablets are available. We are dreading the flight back to Sydney, and will not be travelling with Hawaiian Airlines again. The airfares were not cheap either. Big mistake on our part.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  16 January 2014 by J Falconer    (New Zealand)

Went from New Zealand to Honolulu to JFK Return. Chose Hawaiian for the price. The staff seemed to be keen to help in the first 2 hours. Then it seemed that they were sleeping as it was hard to get service. My husband is blind and this was noted when booking but the staff were not very understanding, compared to other airlines we have flown. Food marginal.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Jace Borba    (USA)

I fly monthly on Hawaiian and January is always a surprising month as they change services for the new year. This time HNL-PDX, I flew coach exit row. No meal upgrade available like in 2013. Instead their complementary meal was a soggy, bready ,carbohydrate laden, terrible mess. It's as if Hawaiian said: let's do this on the cheap, so we can say "we're the only airline to offer complimentary meals from mainland to Hawaii". I get PR but what I was served was like a slap in the customers face, it was so horrible. I would pay the $15 for a more appetizing meal. The crew was, as always, excellent.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  3 January 2014 by Lovell Streb    (Taiwan)

Positive experience on short return hop between Honolulu and Kona. All flights on time. Baggage was not on plane on arrival in Kona, but arrived on the next flight after a short wait. Staff was friendly and professional.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  30 December 2013 by Susie Morgan    (UK)

San Diego - HNL - Hilo. Good service, very welcoming staff, small portions of food but good, breakfast consisted of fruit, crackers and cheese and macadamia chocolate. Later, we were served a cocktail and chips, which was lovely. Most entertainment has to be paid for and I think, so has the earphones but I had my own entertainment. My one bugbear, the recline of the seats are ridiculous with the travellers in front nearly on your knee, more so than on any other airline I've flown with. Luckily, they were very strict at meal times for seats to be upright. All in all, a pleasant experience.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  17 December 2013 by K Brett    (Australia)

HA451, 13/12/13, business class, seat 1G. On time boarding and departure and thankfully business class before children this time. As usual I was treated as a VIP due to my platinum status. Once onboard, the business class cabin staff were outstanding, they introduced themselves by name and learnt the customers names. The smiling faces of the 3 business class flight attendants was great - nothing was a bother for them. The food as usual on Hawaiian were great fish and veal with a very nice sweet for dessert, plus dessert wines and liquors, drinks flowed the whole way to Honolulu. After a sleep in the comfy armchair recliners style seats a big healthy breakfast was served about an hour out of Honolulu. One and only complaint this is an ongoing issue all of the bags marked first class priority were last off this problem always happens at Honolulu and in Sydney. Otherwise as usual great service and a highly professional team that needs acknowledged.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  16 December 2013 by Bruce Lucas    (USA)

First class from JFK to Honolulu. No more room than a normal domestic first class. Seats were manual recline and barely moved. I've never seen that before. No welcome kit. Food is a joke. Two choices tofu or ribs. 11 hour flight from hell with an equally poor entertainment system.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  12 December 2013 by A Storey    (USA)

HNL to AKL. Very clean A330 with neat mood lighting throughout whole cabin. Nice food but no choice. Free drinks and snacks provided at the back during the flight. Crew we're very friendly. Movies not the latest but plenty to watch. Would fly again.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  12 December 2013 by Rebecca Wright    (USA)

My flight from JFK to LAX was 20 min late including the time it took to retrieve my luggage at baggage claim. The flight I had just arrived on was located right next to the gate I was to leave from to catch my Hawaii flight. When I got to the Hawaiian ticket counter to check my bag in for the flight I still had 40 minutes remaining before my flight would leave for Hawaii. To my surprise no one was there at the check in counter. I explained that I had a flight to Hawaii that leaves in 40 minutes and I asked to speak with a manager or supervisor to assist me. The only response they gave me was to go to the information booth, which was downstairs and turned their backs on me and said “There is nothing they could do!”I went downstairs dragging my heavy luggage to ask for help at the information desk, was told to call Hawaiian Airlines. I went back upstairs and there was a representative there. I explained my situation stating there was no one to check me in. I was told: There is nothing that he could do and the next flight is tomorrow! I was stranded and had nowhere to turn to at the time. I was offered no assistance at LAX airport. I ended up paying for the ticket having to change my return ticket because of their policies. Then they informed me about a reduction fee policy after I already paid an extra $200! Hawaiian Airlines computer system appears, inefficient, outdated and extremely slow. I will never fly Hawaiian Airlines again!

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2013 by E Thomas    (Australia)

Sydney to Honolulu return, A330 brand new planes. Clean, tidy interior with mood lighting. Lovely, helpful, friendly staff. Very reassuring when we hit what they said was severe turbulence on the way to Hawaii. Kept us well informed of what was happening. Food pretty good for airline food and drinks aplenty. Always smiling. Flights all on time. Would definitely be my choice of airline flying to Hawaii or Americas again.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  25 November 2013 by K Shine    (Australia)

Flight from Sydney to Hawaii was fantastic, the service could not have been better. Staff were very friendly and helpful, the children had plenty of entertainment and the adults had plenty to watch all free. The leg from Hawaii to LAX was not what we had experienced in the first leg of the trip. The plane was freezing so I asked for a blanket and it was going to cost me $10us dollars. You also had to pay for the entertainment, we had just flown from Australia and they wanted more money. We were not happy, same again on the LAX to Hawaii - freezing, but the leg from Hawaii to Australia very comfortable.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  15 November 2013 by P Peter    (USA)

Honolulu to SF First Class. Excellent service, very good food. Only complaint is that the first class seats on the A330 are just not that comfortable especially when not reclined. 767 is more comfortable and the rest room is larger! All in all a nice experience.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  14 November 2013 by D Burt    (Australia)

A couple of weeks back we had to cut short our trip due to a family members health deteriorating rapidly, we were in Kauai and needed to get back to Sydney pronto. Hawaiian were accommodating on getting us on a flight but charged us both for entirely 2 new one way air fares ( AUD2200) - talk about slugging you whilst you are down - absolutely no compassion at all. Other family member were in the UK and Emirates/Qantas did all they could to get them home in time which they did and did all of this free of charge - we've flown with Hawaiian in the past but this has left a very, very poor taste in our collective mouths. IF we can at all help it will not be flying Hawaiian again.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  14 November 2013 by Lyn Moore    (Australia)

We flew for the first time with Hawaiian airlines from Brisbane on 767 to Hawaii then onto Vegas. We upgraded to business class on flight from Brisbane to Hawaii the night before on online check in for discounted price - worth it. Lounge at Brisbane airport is AirNZ and was great. Staff on ground very helpful, food great, we paid extra for bulkhead seat from Vegas to Hawaii - again, worth it plenty of leg room. I found every aspect of the flights great.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  14 November 2013 by B Freitas    (USA)

Most uncomfortable seats on any flight I've ever experienced. Very cold on the flight, no blankets or pillows offered on this OAK-OGG flight. Meal is a joke! Brunch consisted of 2 small slices of cantaloupe, 2 small slices of mushy watermelon, 2 very hard slices of unripe honeydew melon, 4 grapes, 4 crackers, one piece of cheese and one chocolate covered macadamia nut candy. When leaving home at 6:00 a.m. with two hour advance check-in before a 5:33 flight don't assume Hawaiian is offering a meal as their advertising reports; eat first, take food on the plane. Take a jacket to wear on the flight. Very tight leg room, uncomfortable, uncushioned, hard seats. They are the only airline that I know of that charges for ear phones. Could have brought my own if I knew they are not included. Poor quality entertainment choices. If you want to starve, freeze and suffer through a long flight fly HA otherwise choose a different carrier.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  7 November 2013 by John Pope    (Australia)

BNE-HNL return Business, although not fully flat the recliner seats are very comfy, food and beverages excellent as well as the staff. Inflight entertainment on the 767er not so good, but the service made up for it. As previously mentioned the lounge in HNL really needs upgrading, we walked in, used the restroom, and walked out.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9