Hawaiian Airlines Passenger Reviews and Hawaiian Airlines Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  18 August 2011 by H McDonald   (USA)

Honolulu to Hilo on a Boeing 717. The flight was very average. Check-in was a mess. Had to wait in line for a machine and when you checked in your bags you needed to wait for someone who works for Hawaiian to come. The service was average, they come around with juice during flight. You barely even new there were FA's. Overall I didn't expect much and I didn't get much.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  18 August 2011 by H Grad   (USA)

From check-in to arrival nothing went right from HNL to LAX. Our carry-ons were acceptable on the way from LAX-HNL and not on the return. We were warned I would be removed from the flight if I refused to check-in baggage. The flight from HNL-LAX departed 30 mins later than scheduled. The flight attendant threw my sandwich in my lap. The night crew from HNL to LAX were not friendly with no smile from a single crew member. The plane was very old (767). My husbands seat had a metal piece sticking out between the backrest and the seat. Bring your own headset or portable DVD if you want technology. Our flight from LAX to HNL was delayed and we sat on the plane for more than 1.5 hrs. I would not recommend Hawaiian airlines, you get what you pay for.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  15 August 2011 by Sally Spoljaric   (Australia)

Sydney-Honolulu return. Upon check-in at Sydney, advised that we were split up. Food was only one option. Planes old with no in seat entertainment unless you pay $15USD for a portable unit.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  14 August 2011 by Mark Tiburcio   (USA)

Honolulu-Seattle return on B767. Baggage handling and boarding staff were lovely. I was in Economy class and the seats were comfortable, I managed to sleep. Flight attendants were friendly and available in the aisles, food choices were delicious, safety instructions were polite and clear. Lavatories were clean, inflight entertainment had plenty of choice.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  26 July 2011 by S Grant   (Australia)

Sydney-Honolulu-Sydney. Pleased with the services both in the air and on the ground. The check-in staff at Sydney airport were pleasant and courteous. The meal after take-off from Sydney was ok. The outbound flight was an overnight one, and an eye-shade was offered, which was nice. The check-in staff were kind and helpful, when checking-in for return flight at Honolulu airport. The home-bound inflight service was excellent, cockpit crew for both flights were first-class. The cabin crew are sincere, laid-back, and easily approachable.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  19 July 2011 by James Moninger   (USA)

HNL-LAS on an A330. New aircraft in excellent condition. Paid to upgrade to a Premium seat in bulkhead row 14, which had at least 48 inches of legroom. Great IVOD offerings, but limited free selections. Meal was adequate and accompanied by great cabin service throughout the flight. I have avoided Hawaiian in the past, while the numerous fees have only got worse with time, this was all-in-all an unexpectedly good flight.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  19 July 2011 by C Johnson   (USA)

First class from HNL-SMF. We have flown First Class several times before on this route, but this flight was exceptional. The flight attendants, went out of their way to make sure we were well taken care of and checked on us regularly to make sure we had whatever we needed. Hawaiian has a real asset with this crew. On the flip side I do have complaints not related to the staff of Hawaiian. I am a Premier Club member and upon rejoining this year I found out that the benefits have changed. Members and a companion were allowed two pieces of checked luggage gratis. That has now changed to only the member getting that. We used to be able to ask for an exit row and that has also changed and now you pay $25. It's difficult justifying paying $249 a year for a rest in a room at the airport and some packaged snacks.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  13 July 2011 by Jon Veel   (Singapore)

Manila-Seattle via Honolulu and return with an additional stopover in Maui. Flights were labelled as Business Class (MNL-HNL) and First Class (HNL-SEA) though in fact, there is no difference in cabin or service. All flights were on Hawaiian's elderly 767's. Do not be fooled by the winglets (which HA added to save fuel), these are old planes with interiors to match. Also, do not for a moment think you will be getting anything like a Business or First Class product on a first tier airline, this would be a mediocre Premium Economy product at best. The seat I would guesstimate the pitch to be around 38-40" with limited recline and in a 2-2-2 layout with only 3 rows. I am 6ft 5" and sat in 1B for all sectors, this bulkhead seat has the advantage that you don't have someone reclining their head into your lap, but the leg space is woefully inadequate. I had to sit at an angle with my feet into the forward galley to get at all comfortable. The AV comprised personal players that were handed out with a limited range of films and TV shows pre-loaded. Unfortunately this was the same content for all 4 long haul flights and by the end of the first flight I had already watched all that interested me. It was also awkward to use these during the meal service as there was basically nowhere to put them. Food was adequate although dry and uninspiring. The "champagne" served on take off was in fact a fairly unpleasant Prosecco and the single white wine choice with the meal was probably a hazard to the aircraft paintwork if you spilled any. As with all airplane travel, the quality of the experience is relative to the price you have paid. Clearly Hawaiian are used to people upgrading into this cabin either as a frequent flyer freebie or as a $1-200 add on to the regular ticket price in which case, possibly its worth it, but probably not.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  26 June 2011 by Frank Mauz   (USA)

LAX-HNL, A330 a nice new plane, but very disappointing experience. Carry-on baggage size limit not enforced making those of us who paid the $25 feel like fools. Boarding time on boarding pass 45 mins ahead, but boarding does not begin until 30 mins before (happened on another HA flight, so assume that Hawaiian thinks passengers too stupid to get there on time), causing uncomfortable wait in undersized departure lounge. The inflight "meal" they boast about is a tasteless ham and cheese sandwich with a brownie, served in a cardboard box- a "snack" at best. Flight attendants not friendly, lacking any Aloha spirit. Had hoped that Hawaiian would be better.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  24 June 2011 by D House   (Australia)

HNL-SYD. Travelling with 4 young children and wife. Departure delayed by 2 hrs. Nice new 767 but no personal AVOD. Could not get infant seat belt for 1 yr old despite repeated request. My wife was quite worried as this has always been available when needed. Staff seemed uninterested, almost unhelpful and sometimes rude. Kept to themselves gossiping in the back of the plane. Food was ok. Toilets started to break down half way through the 10 hr flight. 3 hrs out of SYD no toilets were working! A cabin announcement was made advising that passengers should refrain from using toilets especially depositing "solids". Captain advised on landing that he considered landing in Fiji but by the time pax would be deplaned it would have been about the same time to reach a working toilet. Sometimes things go wrong which is understandable but cabin crew were very poor. A memorable experience!

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  18 June 2011 by C Rutter   (Australia)

I am not a fussy person but I really thought this was the worst service I have ever had on an airline. Both ground staff and cabin crew were rude to me on a number of occasions about the fact that I am diabetic. I was given a hard time about my need to carry "sharps" with me, even though I offered to hand them over to the cabin crew. The food wasn't very good and there were only 2 choices of meals. One was totally unsuitable for a diabetic so I asked if I could have the alternative choice reserved for me. They refused and I got stuck with the unsuitable food (because they ran out of the other choice) on each leg of my journey. My requests re the food and carrying my diabetic supplies were quite reasonable and I made them in a very polite manner and yet I was treated like a real trouble-maker. This was not what I expected from Hawaiians who I know to be very hospitable people. A huge disappointment and I would not fly willingly with them again.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  16 June 2011 by S Combs   (USA)

Horrible experience. SEA-OGG and back, and was severely harassed for trying to use my common Graco infant car seat to keep my baby safe in flight (the airline approval sticker was partially ripped off, however you could clearly see it was airline approved). Once they finally said I could use it I was not allowed to use the car seat correctly (rear-facing), as they said it would not allow the person in front of it to recline their seat. Never mind that there were very many empty seats on this flight they could have moved this person to, including the empty seat next to him, if it had bothered him. Then was harassed because they assumed I had not purchased a seat for my infant, when in fact I had, and was required to show my tickets to them. Again, despite having at least 8 empty seats within four rows of the seat I was in - it was a very empty flight. I fly often and have never experienced such horrible customer service.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  9 June 2011 by Jason Cook   (Australia)

SYD-HNL-SYD Economy. An older B767 but for a 3 star airline I thought service was pretty good. They looked after the kids with kids meals and were always offering free drinks and mid flight snacks. We also flew to Maui return from HNL and the service was the best I have experienced.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  9 June 2011 by Peter Pomeranze   (US)

Excellent service on LAX-HNL flight on new A330. The seat is a mistake but everything else top rate. The food, service, IFE. I hope they continue with their current meal service and don't adopt the mistake they've made on their international runs by changing it!

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  8 June 2011 by R Spanovitch   (USA)

Seats cramped - even for 5'6" and 140 lbs and the equipment is ancient. Mine had bilingual German/English everywhere. They charge for everything almost. Want to use a headset -you pay. Want to use your own headset to watch the movie - you pay. Don't want the mystery meat sandwich - you pay ($12 for a hamburger that would be like a buck at Mac's). You want overhead room - get on board first and expect no help from the cabin attendants standing around talking about their personal lives with one another. You want to rent a DVD player. Maybe you can, maybe you cannot. They had the players but forgot to bring batteries on board. Hawaiian is like a poor man's Southwest. Unless the fare you get is way below the competition, I cannot see why you would fly with them.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  6 June 2011 by E Ruben   (USA)

We were supposed to leave at 3PM, but due to aircraft problems we ended up taking off at 2am the next day to begin our trip home to San Diego. The flight attendants were wonderful and very supportive. Hawaiian airlines gave us a free shuttle to a local mall while we were at the airport. We got free movie tickets and a $200 voucher and gave us good snacks, etc. We also got a discount on our next purchase.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  2 June 2011 by M Danes   (USA)

LAX-HNL-LAX. Check-in in LAX was good. New A330 service in F class to HNL was good. Seats are not flat. Return to LAX with aged B767. Check-in staff in HNL rude and charged me $50 extra for an overweight bag by 3lbs even I'm a 1st class pax. My overweight bag was lost upon arrival in LAX which was returned to me almost a week later. The delivery man was lost so I met him 20 miles from my residence. If HA wants to be a world class airline, they should take some lessons leading airlines in Asia and Middle East.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  30 May 2011 by Brian Regimbal   (USA)

Portland to Lihue return, with change of planes in Honolulu both ways. No real problems until we arrived home to find our camera was stolen out of our checked baggage.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  22 May 2011 by A Haller   (USA)

Phoenix to Oahu on Hawaiian and on return flight had a 4 hour delay due to a mechanical problem on plane. The food was awful, and even the food they charged for looked awful. The positive was that staff were friendly.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9