Hawaiian Airlines Passenger Reviews and Hawaiian Airlines Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  26 April 2012 by J Bennett   (Australia)

Sydney to Honolulu return over the Easter period. Both flights were full and both aircraft's older, refurbished 767's. No AVOD but portable digi players were available for rent at US$15, credit card payment only. A330's will commence on this route soon. Both flights left and arrived on time although check-in at Sydney took 50 minutes because they're weren't enough check-in attendants. Meals on both flights were satisfactory and service was fine although flight attendants were hardly seen between the meal services. Would be happy to fly with them again.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  24 April 2012 by B Kerrison   (Australia)

My preferred airline from Sydney to the USA via Honolulu. Generally on time, ground staff are great and cabin crew always smiling. Frequent flyer membership has great offers for gold and platinum members. On all my trips, baggage arrives quickly and food in both Economy and Business is good.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  22 April 2012 by Glenn Worsley   (Australia)

SYD to Honolulu return. Plane was an older 767 but had been refreshed inside and looks more like a 777. Check-in in Sydney was hassle free. Flight over was fine but seats were a bit uncomfortable. Meals were ok but service was average. Didn't really see attendants that much. No inseat entertainment., you can rent portable DVD style players though. Cabin crew ran out of customs forms so you had to wait to land before these could be filled out which caused a delay at customs. On the way return, again check in was hassle free and better than in SYD. All the portable DVD players were gone by the time they got to me. Flight attendants were very nice but rarely seen. All the toilets in the rear of the plan were not working about 6 hours into the flight so a bit of a wait for the other toilets. All in all it was ok.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  2 April 2012 by S Reaper   (Australia)

Sydney to Honolulu with an 8 month old. Never again. No bassinet available on both legs despite reservation. Crew very unhelpful and not interested in assisting us with details of baby change toilet or heating bottles etc. Food was terrible and service not at all satisfactory. I will not fly this airline again. Have flown extensively with my child since he was born both internationally and domestically and Hawaiian certainly takes the cake for being our worst experience.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  27 March 2012 by R Fowler   (USA)

We used Hawaiian because they had a direct flight. After we booked, it was changed to a flight with a layover. Once onboard, the flight crew made my wife (then the bride) to roll her wedding dress up and wedge it between luggage in the overhead bin. Flight attendants we very short tempered with us, seemed stressed and overall very unpleasant. Our video player stopped working, when we got a replacement, the audio and video did not match up. The seat tray was covered with dried food, when I asked for a cloth to clean it, the flight attendant sighed and turned around without answering.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  21 March 2012 by M Hutchinson   (Canada)

Flying from Vancouver and scheduled to catch the last flight of the evening across to Kona. There was just over an hour between our arrival and departure for Kona. Held in a holding pattern over HON. Once we landed, we sprinted for Hawaiian Airlines check-in, arriving 30 mins before the flight, only to be told it was too late to check-in-. Check-in was rude and unhelpful, just basically repeating over and over that we had missed the luggage check-in. We ended up spending a long, acutely uncomfortable night sitting at HON airport.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  21 March 2012 by D DeFazio   (Australia)

We chose them because of the generous luggage allowances. We were late taking off due to a passenger needing to be removed, the delay was handled well with minimum disturbance and the captain kept us all informed. Mid flight there was a medical emergency and that was also handled well. We were given preferred seating as my husband is very tall and we could not fault our seats and the added leg room was wonderful. The flight crew were friendly and attentive. The meal was okay. I wish they had in-seat entertainment. Although not the best flight ever, certainly not the worst.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  19 March 2012 by Peter Icklow   (Australia)

Flew 767-300 Sydney to Hawaii first class. Very uncomfortable, broken seats that didn't even recline properly. Terrible food, average service. No dinner served and no snacks over an 11 hour flight. Worst airport lounges. Whole experience was dreadfully. Never again!

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  5 March 2012 by K Flynn   (USA)

Just checked in for our first class seat from Maui to Seattle. First class line longer wait than others. Staff very rude, went and helped coach line while we were checking in. Another person came back to help us and had to do checking again with her. They didn't tell us our flight was delayed when we checked in. This was a special trip for us and we never travel first class. I can't believe the rude service for such a higher fare that we paid for.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  28 February 2012 by Helen Mancell   (Australia)

Service was of high standard. Australia to Honolulu. Flight attendants very polite and courteous. My husband and I were most impressed. Food was alright and staff were quick and efficient. People with children were well looked after.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  6 February 2012 by T Cain   (USA)

SFO-HNL. Emergency return to SFO, 16 hours total delay due A330 computer glitch. Flight crew very good, but once on ground things began well and then fell apart. After lunch vouchers and evening hotel rooms for a few, they had us all return at 10 pm for a 1 am flight on a different A330. We got to HNL at 4.46 am instead of noon the day before, and got $300 vouchers good only on new reservations on Hawaiian for one year.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  30 January 2012 by Neill Bell   (USA)

LAS-HNL-LIH. This was a repeat of last years trip and some things have improved, others have not. Ground handling at LAS is much better: the staff were there early enough to check-in bags in good time. The A330s are nice enough planes, still looking fresh and clean. Seat back screens do not offer a great deal without payment, but is better than nothing. The food offered is basic and not very much. Flight was on time. HNL-LIH was again on time, for the very short hop. The planes used on inter-Island sectors are not impressive but they do the job. Return was straightforward. Flights on time, no problems, not the most comfortable but not too bad.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  24 January 2012 by R Murga   (USA)

Just came back from a one week vacation to Honolulu from LA. My trip from LA to HNL was pleasant. No major complaints only minor ones. We left 15 mins late but arrived on time to HNL. My dinner was a sandwich and the bread was mushy. Although the plane is equipped with personal touch screens on every seat, there are very few complimentary options to enjoy. You have to pay for movies, TV shows, music selection, and games. On our return from HNL to LA, our flight left on time and arrived 15 mins early. Personnel were a lot less enjoyable, lnot rude but did not make you feel welcome. There were two different meal options, however by my turn they only had sandwiches left. Overall, they got the job done and did not experience any major hiccup, but at the end of the day we did pay a premium and so I expected more.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  17 January 2012 by L Lewin   (USA)

HNL-LIH. I've flown this route a few times and generally find Hawaiian to be a bit over-rated and frequently delayed. This time, there were no issues. Flight departed on time. Boarding was quick and efficient. B717 in great shape. Smooth ride. Nice crew. Value for money.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  1 January 2012 by S James   (Australia)

Las Vegas from Sydney via Honolulu return. Food was terrible. They had my husband and I sitting separately - despite the fact this happened last time and I went overboard asking for it not to happen again - 4 flights sitting separately. The seats were awfully uncomfortable. General lack of 'couldn't care' by staff. Even when I said I didn't feel well and asked for water, they never came back.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  18 December 2011 by B Williams   (Australia)

LAX-HNL on Airbus A330. Flight was delayed 35 minutes. At first it was announced that the flight was delayed due to TSA requirements. Then it was announced the delay was due to scheduling problems. Boarding commenced shortly after the missing flight attendant arrived. The economy cabin was very cramped. The seat was simply uncomfortable, even for a 5 hour flight. The seat was hard and narrow with poor leg room. The IFE system had a decent variety but required a fee (so make sure you have your credit card on hand), though on a full service airline this should be complimentary. Refreshments were served. Breakfast was served shortly after but consisted of a disgusting breakfast burrito and sugary bun with no other options. No complimentary refreshments were available for the remaining 3.5 hours of the flight. The flight attendants were well mannered but unprofessional. The flight concluded with the managing flight attendant listing all of the routes that Hawaiian Airlines services and will service in the future and instructing all passengers to recommend Hawaiian Airlines to all of our family and friends.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  11 December 2011 by T Ruhe   (USA)

Horrible flight from Manila through Hawaii to mainland US. Late leaving Manila and late arrival in Hawaii. 8 passengers missed their connecting flights to US. Extremely poor customer service provided by HA. HA customer service email was just a cover up with excuses for the poor customer service!

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  30 October 2011 by Stewart Mackay   (USA)

Seattle to Hawaii, delayed 8 hours. We were given vouchers for two meals and nice accommodation. However, upon return our vacation ended poorly. We got a phone call to say the flight would be delayed 6 hours, then 8, then 10. Staff struggled to cope with the situation and passengers were treated with little courtesy given the situation. In one notable incident we were asked to line up for an 'ag inspection' only to be told that 'ag inspectors' were not available yet for it. $12 vouchers to cover this 10 hour period were entirely inadequate. Additional costs exceeded this. We were given $200 vouchers for future use on HA for both delays but I seriously doubt we would consider HA for future travel.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  6 October 2011 by Tom Walsh   (USA)

Wife and I flew San Jose to Maui via Honolulu. Same route on our return. I found the staff to be pleasant and accommodating. The food offered was ok but we did not expect much more. My complaint was with the airplane seat. I am 6’4” and 205lbs. The seats were so uncomfortable with no leg room. Despite getting up and walking around a bit, it was torturous having to return to my seat. On our next trip I may pony up for a First Class seat – the continued pain is just not worth it.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  5 October 2011 by B Peck   (USA)

We fly Hawaiian because it is the only non-stop from HNL to San Diego. Flight from HNL to SD on 767 had incredibly little legroom, I'm only 5'5" and couldn't get my legs under the seat in front due to some metal box affixed to floor. FA's were okay.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  26 September 2011 by S Butterworth   (UK)

Honolulu to San Francisco. Outbound, food which you have to buy onboard was expensive and limited. The return flight was delayed by at least 10 hours and we decided to book ourselves onto another airline. Staff did not know which reception point would have our bags; we then had to find our way out of the building to another terminal and check-in again, paying a further $50 for our two suitcases. The check-in arrangements at Honolulu are poor - too few people handling the check-in for Economy Class.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  28 August 2011 by A Hutchinson   (Australia)

Sydney to Honolulu return. I have really only one complaint, because Australia and Perth in particular is so far away, the time spent sitting in one spot for over 12-15 hrs is hard enough without the seating and general facilities being less than user friendly. Return flight from Honolulu to Sydney was very cramped (leg room) and there was a lot less overhead baggage space than the flight to Honolulu. This made the experience more uncomfortable than it could have been.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9