Hawaiian Airlines Passenger Reviews and Hawaiian Airlines Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  14 September 2012 by R Calvo   (USA)

Seattle to Honolulu return in economy. Enhanced meal service with new breakfast box containing bread with cream cheese, guava jelly, dried fruit and a macadamia nut cookie. Return dinner teriyaki chicken with salad and cake for dessert. All this food plus a free mai tai on the way out and wine with dinner on the return on a domestic USA flight and free to boot? Unheard of nowadays but thank you Hawaiian for still being the only US carrier to offer free food on flights. Cabin crew generally friendly and sharing the aloha spirit. Be nice to the crew and they will be nice back to you. Cant wait for them to bring the A330 to Seattle!

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  12 September 2012 by Benjamin Pittman   (New Zealand)

Although I am Pualani Platinum, and am generally looked after on Hawaiian, I have two upgrade certificates which are virtually useless as my preferred flights are booked out and being able to secure any upgrade from within the allowed window of 7 days to 4 hours of the flight is impossible. I have travelled Business on several occasions between Sydney and Honolulu during 2011-12 and although there has been an introduction of new aircraft of late, previous flights have been on old planes with tray tables faulty on two occasions. Seats are also not very comfortable in Business although are better than Economy where space between is very tight, especially with tray table down and the seat in front reclined. On 6 September 2012, I did Honolulu-JFK on HA50, at least ending up in a pre-booked window seat in row 13. Overall, it was very ordinary if adequate without anything terribly exciting. Arrival at JFK was good in what potentially is a nightmare airport.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  21 August 2012 by Peter Pomeranze   (USA)

Maui-Oakland/SF-Honolulu First Class. As always an extremely good experience due to the friendly staff, good food and comfortable seating. Puts the legacy carriers to shame. Maui-Oakland on an older 767 and SF- Honolulu on the new A330. Both aircraft's have their pluses and minuses. Seats on the 767 are actually more comfortable when upright while the entertainment on the 330 is far superior in choices. Meal service is the same and was excellent on both flighst. Staff friendly and welcoming, in short everything a cabin crew should be but rarely is these days especially to and from Hawaii.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  8 August 2012 by H McDonald   (USA)

LAX-HNL-SYD-HNL-JFK. A330-200 on every route. Staff and front desk very helpful. FA's very nice. On flights to mainland you have to pay for IFE. On LAX-HNL leg they served a turkey sandwich and a brownie. Chose to upgrade to the cheeseburger for $12.99. Not a lot of leg room onboard, but the seat wasn't too bad. Boarding was slick and organized. On flight to Sydney you were served a meal after takeoff and a light snack before landing-not really enough for a 10 hour flight. You also had to pay for IFE on New York flight, which is a long route with no IFE. I would definitely fly Hawaiian if I was going from mainland US to Hawaii and definitely a better experience then when I flew United to Hawaii.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  7 August 2012 by D Madrid   (USA)

It feels like Hawaiian Airlines is becoming more like Delta and United with their very late flights. I've had my fair share of flights amongst the mentioned airlines. I never thought I'd even be comparing the three airlines. Third time in a row my flight is leaving more than an hour late. This last time, Hawaiian boarded us, then told us to get off because they needed to refuel. We were told we'd leave in two hours. Five hours later they board us again, then tell us they still need to refuel. I forgot to mention they were kind enough to reimburse us with poor head sets.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  23 July 2012 by Frank Mauz   (USA)

HNL-FUK-HNL on 767. Excellent fare to/from Seoul, when connecting in Fukuoka - almost half-price of non- stop. Average experience, does not come close to Asiana. No in-seat entertainment, no choice of meals, and what was served was mediocre, cabin attendants disappear for a long time, very little communication from pilots. Of four possible aisle seats, three have a box underneath that limits foot comfort-choose G to avoid box. In 3-seat middle section, I was put with couple and their baby, luckily well-behaved, but 4 people in 3 seats not acceptable. On-time and smooth connection in Fukuoka to avoid customs. Overall, acceptable, but cabin service on 9-hour flight not up to standards of airlines based in Asia.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  23 July 2012 by D Innes   (Australia)

We flew from Sydney to Las Vegas via Hawaii and return. We decided to treat ourselves to First class both ways which ended up a little disappointing to say the least. The seats did not recline very far (about the same recline as Qantas economy) and the food going over was just plonked in front of us in one hit. At least the staff coming back had a better idea of serving food. I have food allergies (which I notified the airlines of when we booked) and they said they'll see what they can do - all I can say was I was hungry when I arrived except for the food I took with me! Also the inflight entertainment was the same on all four legs so I was wishing I had brought a good book with me. The positives were the staff were friendly, drink service was great and they boarded us quickly.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  20 July 2012 by J Connor   (Australia)

We flew on 2 July 2012 9.20pm flight from Sydney to Honolulu on A330. Plane was half hour late arriving into Sydney which made about 1 hour late departing. Staff, food, seats were great. We then flew from Honolulu to Big Island on 11 July and returned to Hon on 14 July and then departed Honolulu on 15 July back to Sydney. Good service and friendly staff. 15 July flight home at 12.45pm was again late yet was not Hawaiian's fault. Overall would fly with them again no problem. Food was lovely and plenty of it. Entertainment units were good and purchase of movies if required was easy.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  16 July 2012 by C Paleka   (USA)

Flew on their new direct flight from Honolulu to New York (JFK) to celebrate the 4th of July. Very impressed with the speed of their boarding, flight attendants were friendly, and enough storage space. The seats of this Airbus were slightly wider than normal HAL planes, so didn't feel like a packed sardine, the seat itself slides forward as it reclines, and there were folds on the headrest so you wouldn't end up on your neighbor's shoulder; it was quite comfortable to sit for the 10 hour haul. Free soda, snack and meals (2), snacks for purchase, alcoholic drinks for purchase, premium meals for purchase. Surprised that you actually get 2 basic meals for free. Passed out free headsets, and there were some video and audio for free, but had to pay for others. Everyone has their own video monitor, so very cool. USB input available. I kept falling asleep during the meal and drink service, and they were very accommodating to bring it for me when I woke up. No regrets, and will be returning in 6 months!

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  5 July 2012 by Mitch Yagi   (USA)

Check in at Kansai A/P (Japan) is dysfunctional. I had bought round trip tickets state side for travel from SFO to Kansai, due to personal circumstances, I ended up buying the trip in 2 segments (for the same day). The first from SFO to Honolulu with a connecting Hawaiian flight to Kansai with similar routing on the return. I was assured I would be able to route my baggage through from SFO to Kansai and visa versa (i.e. without having to pickup and recheck in Honolulu). The agents at SFO were able to do this, but the Japanese agent at Kansai insisted that Hawaiian required all baggage picked up at Honolulu with passenger responsibility to recheck bags for continuation flight to SFO. Of course, this created undue/unnecessary passenger burden! Bottom line, Hawaiian needs to improve training of the Japanese agents they hire for check in at Kansai. I will never take Hawaiian for travel outside the states again!

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  4 July 2012 by C Derasin   (USA)

ITO-OGG-ITO Weekend inter-island flight. It was an uneventful flight. Service from check-in to inflight was amazing. Its the only way to fly.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  29 June 2012 by R Honiball   (USA)

Flew from Honolulu to Maui on Hawaiian Airlines because of my executive platinum status on AA. With my status, we thought that it would give us preferred boarding and no checked bag fees - wrong! I stepped into the "Premier" line to see if we could get on an earlier flight as we were at the airport ahead of schedule. The woman behind the counter rudely told me to get into the other line (no one behind me BTW) because my status on AA "didn't matter" to Hawaiian Airlines even though they were a codeshare partner. I stepped in the other line, only to get right back to the same person five minutes later. I asked if we could standby for the earlier flight and she proceeded to charge us $50 per person. For a thirty minute flight with open seats? Decided against that and was rudely reminded that we would still have to pay baggage check fees because they didn't care about our status with AA. Her tone was so rude that I asked to speak to a supervisor who came out and proceeded to complain about AA. I will avoid Hawaiian Airlines at all costs and fly one of the other commuter airlines with better service and lower costs.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  25 June 2012 by S Mccowan   (USA)

JFK-HNL roundtrip. The food on both flights were very good. There were drinks given throughout the flight and you were able to get a drink anytime throughout the flight. The FA's were nice and interacting with the passengers and were polite and were always cleaning the plane. The bathrooms were clean, and FA's cleaned them frequently throughout the flight which is something you do not normally see. On the A330 there was plenty of legroom in the economy class. However, the one drawback was when I was trying to confirm a seat on the plane, the person on the phone was unhelpful and was unable to help my problem. On the flight you also had to pay for the in flight entertainment, and they had a big selection of movies to choose from.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  14 June 2012 by Linda Palmer Swindler   (USA)

We were married in Maui. Our outbound was very good. On our return flight to Vegas we had a medical stop in Oakland. When we landed some passengers got new flights and hotels to stay in, two groups were connecting on Southwest, however the customer service desk said they don't work with Southwest so they had to find their own accommodation. In the meantime I got a new flight on my own and I gave a staff member the numbers to our new flights to add our luggage to. He promised it would be there, then he left without telling us anything. We slept in the airport until the next morning where we flew out. Our luggage was not on the flight with us.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  30 May 2012 by E Mabley   (USA)

LAX-HNL on the new A330-200, economy class. Boarding at LAX was chaotic and crowded, although we were spared the worst of it because we got priority boarding with 2 babies. The flight left on time and arrived about 25 minutes early. There was no wait on the tarmac at HNL for a free gate. Inflight service was much better than average for U.S. carriers, food was decent, IFE was better than the competition and the cabin crew smiled more and was more attentive than average for U.S carriers.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  17 May 2012 by J Olson   (USA)

Honolulu to Maui. Tried to leave on an earlier flight that was not even half full. Arrived at the airport early for that flight only to find out they wanted to charge me extra to change times. Why? Especially on a commuter flight with no meals being served. Very disappointed at the service.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  15 May 2012 by Nicholas Vandermade   (Australia)

Recently flew HNL-SYD on the 330 aircraft, brand new seat and legroom were adequate. Crew were thumbs up, food and presentation were great. Kept us well fed/hydrated I was left impressed with the service provided by HA and will definitely fly them over Qantas who operates an older 767 with service no match to Hawaiian.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  11 May 2012 by C Derasin   (USA)

Hawaiian is my preferred inter-island carrier. This was my first time using them on their Transpacific flight. I flew from Hilo to Las Vegas and was quite impressed. Flight crews on both flights were very warm and welcoming. Any requests were honored with a smile. Flights were smooth both ways. Check-in was a breeze in Hilo and Las Vegas. For meals, I was offered a complimentary pasta dish with a piece of cake and a Turkey sandwich on the return. Flight attendants were visible throughout the flight and constant runs of drinks. Very Impressed.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review :  26 April 2012 by Yves Abdurahman   (Australia)

We flew to Honolulu from Sydney in Business Class and returned in Coach. We have a 8 month old son and my wife is vegetarian. On the Business Class leg, there was no bassinet available even though promised and we could not be confirmed that any of the food would be vegetarian. As a result, our son had to sleep on our laps for an 11 hour flight. Service was very friendly and they assisted us greatly to make it comfortable with pillows but we were trapped in seats for the entire flight. On the return leg, seat allocations were not confirmed, bassinet not available again, and instead of being the front row of the main cabin, we were stuck in the middle rows and had to ask passengers in front not to recline so as not to hit our sleeping son. The food was minimal and only 1 meal was vegetarian. Service and food were good but very minimal. There are higher quality ways to get to Hawaii from Australia.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9