Hawaiian Airlines Passenger Reviews and Hawaiian Airlines Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  3 May 2013 by J Wilson    (Australia)

SYD-HNL in April. Pretty ordinary service, sarcastic staff member and were inattentive. When we needed extra blankets for all of us, 2 adults and a child the crew member said they never have enough blankets and I had to go and find someone. He was uninterested and wasn't going to even look for one. My husband found a couple as the cabin was absolutely freezing. The flight was not full so having extra seats were good but the food was really ordinary too. One meal was OK but not great. Movies at a cost. We paid a good price for the ticket so was very disappointing.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  24 April 2013 by J Chapman    (USA)

Flew SAN to OGG with layovers at HNL both legs. All flights left and arrived early. We were even able to take an earlier connecting flight from OGG to HNL for no extra charge. Service was friendly, but not outstanding.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  19 April 2013 by C Deron    (Canada)

Quick flights between HNL-OGG and KOA. Very pleasant airline. Smiling crew. Efficient boarding resulting in very punctual departures. Beverages were offered: a lot of efforts are put in these very short flights. Can't wait to try them on longer route! Hawaiian airlines should consider flying to Vancouver!

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  5 April 2013 by K Judy    (USA)

My wife and I got married on Kauai and honeymooned on Maui. Flew Hawaiian Airlines the entire way. On the return we inquired about changing our flight so we would not have a 3-hour layover in Honolulu. The woman at the counter informed us there may be a small fee. 20 minutes later she informed us it would cost $650 per person to change our flight. She was attempting to sell us new tickets at day-of prices and subtracting what we had already paid for our current tickets. She handed us back our ticket vouchers with "OC" written on them. It seems she unblocked our hand picked seats we reserved 6 months ago in order to investigate changing our tickets. The "OC" stands for overcharge, and we no longer had seats on the flight from Honolulu to Portland. This was a 6 hour flight, and comfortable seats were important. Got off the plane in Honolulu. Told we needed to speak to the ticket agent at the departing gate. He did find us seats on the flight, but they were at the back. Supervisor eventually gave us emergency exit row seats. The real shame is Hawaiian used to be better than the other airlines, but now they nickle and dime you with hidden costs just like all the rest.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  5 April 2013 by C Shanklin    (USA)

HNL to INC. Flight was not full so there were empty seats. Plane was a very old 767 that was showing its age. Run down and torn seats, my table tray still had crumbs and gravy stains, and my seat volume control was broken as was the overhead monitor screens. Cabin staff treated passengers like cattle. The only smiles I saw from the flight attendants were when they tandem delivered drinks and meals joking loudly with each other as if the passengers didn't matter. During the noodle service, the 2 male flight attendants were in such a rush that they shoved the noodle cup in our laps even though some passengers didn't have their tray down. The service did resemble the price I paid. On the upside, the meal was tasty and plentiful and the trip back from Fukuoka to HNL was completely opposite.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  25 March 2013 by Mike Palmer    (UK)

Flew Hawaiian for the first time from San Francisco to Honolulu in coach with some trepidation given previous reviews. On checking in online, exit row seats (window/aisle) in a 2-4-2 layout were available at 35 bucks each. Well worth the money, especially as priority boarding was thrown in to the price. Bag drop was slow but bags helpfully tagged through to Molokai. Well organised boarding on a completely full flight, plus the priority boarding meant that overhead bin space wasn't an issue (though it was for others who boarded later). An on time departure, and a very thorough briefing on our role at the emergency exit set a positive tone for the flight. A "continental breakfast" (but more like a snack box) with a sweet roll with cream cheese, savoury snack bag and a cookie plus T&Cs and juice was served promptly. A second round of T&Cs and a later water run were offered and unexpected. An hour or so out of Honolulu, a further drinks run with T&Cs and complimentary mai tai were offered concluding a cabin service which was good and delivered by friendly and professional crew. All in all - cheaper than other N American carriers by a fair amount with a good level of service I wasn't expecting.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  18 March 2013 by S Koenig    (Brazil)

Short OGG-KOA island hop flight in a Boeing 717. Chose HA over others since preferred to be in a jet rather than smaller turboprop. Rather chaotic check-in process, but that could be the fault of the airport, and once past that, it was all good. We had aisle and window seats, with one person in between us. Didn't feel cramped. We had tried to upgrade to first the day before (you can to it at a reduced charge 24 hours in advance), but fc seats already filled. No matter. Didn't see that much of a difference. And for such a short flight, economy was just fine.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  13 March 2013 by K Collins    (Australia)

SEA-HNL in a B767. Upgraded to first class at check-in. Seats more business class than first. Service from cabin crew excellent. Food was edible, plenty of snacks and drinks available. IFE was a joke. Digi player was old and content the same!

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2013 by J Doring    (Australia)

We flew Sydney to HNL - Sydney on their new A330. The seats were very uncomfortable, like sitting on bricks for 9.5 hours and 10.5 coming back, the service was terrible and the staff don't smile. Food was ok, drink service terrible, entertainment - they wanted $8.00 for a movie. Next time we will pay extra and go Qantas.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  20 February 2013 by D Jones    (Australia)

My husband and I flew HA Brisbane to Honolulu, Business Class, Flight 444, 6 Feb 2013. Boeing 767. The cost was Return $7483 Aus. The plane had the oldest, most uncomfortable seats I have ever been on. The only good thing about the flight was it was direct Brisbane to Honolulu. I was seated in Seat 2b. The flight on the way home was a newer Boeing 767. I was seated in 1A and it was better. Hawaiian Airlines should not say these are Business Class Seats. Service on the way to Honolulu left much to be desired. It was better on the way Home to Brisbane.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  12 February 2013 by John Creighton    (USA)

This is my second trip with Hawaiian Airlines. Both times were first class the most recent flight being 01/08/2013, HA 51, JFK to HNL. Flight Crew was very nice. The food was very good even though a touch fancy for my taste. One complaint though, why should they charge a first class passenger an overweight fee for a bag.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  31 January 2013 by Irene Johnson    (USA)

I wasn't expecting much because my ticket from Honolulu to LA was only $172! After flying from Auckland to Honolulu and receiving nothing but water I was bowled over when we were given a complimentary snack box, beverages and even a complimentary mai-tai. The entertainment required a 10 dollar fee and since I did not have my own headset an additional 3 dollars bought a headset. The attendants were lukewarm.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  30 January 2013 by Neill Bell    (USA)

LAS-HNL-ITO. It is amazing how things change over 12 months. At LAS there are too few check-in staff. Bag drop, amazingly, can take 30 minutes. So much for on-line check-in and printing boarding passes. On board they still have A330s with seat back screens but that is about all. The choice of viewing available without payment is pathetic. There is no longer even a snack provided for what is quite a long flight, instead, they want you to buy dismal snacks from the back galley. There is the walk between terminals at HNL and then a fair, short flight to Hawaii. Coming back, we paid for first class on the short flight. That was good. Bags flew free and Mai Tais are available. The main flight? Dire. No food, screens keep trying to get money. I am through with HA. There is no difference now between HA and other carriers, I will just use the best schedule at the best price.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  25 January 2013 by R Wilson    (Australia)

HNL-KON-OGG-HNL. Inter-island service is fantastic, very comfortable. Every time we were asked by check-in staff whether we wanted emergency exit as I am very tall, whilst flights are short, as soon as we took off a tasty local fruit drink was offered. I was so impressed I will try them long haul next time, hopefully they add Melbourne to their Brisbane and Sydney destinations in Australia.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  25 January 2013 by Robert Conley    (USA)

BNE-HNL-SEA. Check-in at BNE was easily the slowest I have experienced anywhere - terrible. The check-in staff at BNE are obviously local contractors who couldn't even tell me if I needed to change terminals at Honolulu ! Very poor directions from ground staff at HNL as to how to get to domestic flight. Aircraft was clean, comfortable and seat space seemed quite OK. Staff on board are excellent and very friendly. Ground staff need a good shaking up. Meals, only so-so. Lousy in-flight entertainment, I simply didn't bother. I would fly again if they could trim their prices a bit but if cabin staff should ever fail me, I wouldn't be back.

Hawaiian Airlines Customer review :  18 January 2013 by David Glo    (USA)

JFK-HNL-JHM-HNL-JFK. Excellent trip in all respects. JFK-HNL leg was on a new A330. Economy seats are 32" pitch, more than most US carriers. That extra inch makes a difference on a 10-11 hour flight. Two free meals were served by hard-working and attentive staff, along with several drink services. Yes, the first bag cost $35, but Hawaiian checked it through from JFK to West Maui, even though that flight was on Island Air, and I never touched the luggage until I reached my final destination. I enjoyed these flights so much that I have already reserved another JFK-HNL-KOA-HNL-JFK trip for this coming July. Since I booked so early, I was able to snag row 13, which is in the small quiet section behind Business Class.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9