Gulf Air Passenger Reviews and Gulf Air Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5

Gulf Air Customer review :  4 July 2013 by Shanavas Valappil    (Dubai)

DXB-BAH-LHR-BAH-DXB. All flights on time (OTP) in Business class, meal service was excellent. On both sectors brand new aircraft. DXB-BAH-LHR-BAH-DXB, service was operated by A330. Had tons of legroom, with international configuration. Free flow of snacks and drinks throughout. Breakfast was quite good to windup the trip. Entertainment options quite limited, compared to other international flights.

Gulf Air Customer review :  29 June 2013 by Andre Krummacher    (Thailand)

BKK-BAH-AMM. Unfortunately, I had the "pleasure" to be re-routed by Etihad on this airline as their BKK departure was late and there was no more connection to AMM on the same day. Alas, from Etihad to Gulf Air is quite a downgrade. BKK-BAH on an ageing A330. I had to change seats 4 times until I finally found one that was not broken and/or had a seat belt. Luckily, the plane was quite empty so I could move around until I finally found a seat in 'working condition'. The IFE was poor, limited selections of movie, all of them quite out of date. Food was terrible - totally bland. Crew unfriendly, never smiling. Another airline which I can add to my private blacklist.

Gulf Air Customer review :  12 June 2013 by V Coated    (UK)

LHR-BAH-DOH, return. Flights were on time in both directions. A330 from LHR-BAH in need of refurbishment, the IFE is incredibly poor and the seats feel like ironing boards! The A320s used on the BAH-DOH route are in contrast brand new, comfortable and have modern IFE. The food is fine but I found some of the crew to be surly and unfriendly. Gulf are poor in comparison to other carriers on this route but their fares are competitive.

Gulf Air Customer review :  12 June 2013 by Aparna Garg    (India)

Flew DEL-BAH-PAR and return LON-BAH-DEL. Hostess would not answer on being called. I called 3 times and they came and shut the alert and did not answer once. I asked for a blanket, again no response. Food quality was average and the menu was very limited. It was a 3.5 hrs flight, STD 21.35 hr and the crew took more than 1.5 hrs to start serving dinner i.e. they served dinner at 23.00 hrs which is past dinner time. By this time passengers had started asking for dinner which again the crew failed to serve promptly. Cabin crew were lax and casual in their attitude, and at times discourteous. The inflight entertainment was not only limited but also repetitive. We had the same set of programs on all 4 flights. An experience I would rather forget.

Gulf Air Customer review :  30 May 2013 by Wilfred Williamson    (Switzerland)

Flew Paris-Bahrain-Mumbai and back. Pretty average flight and service. Had a 17 hour stop over at Bahrain. The airport does not have a lot to offer. Contacted customer services several weeks prior to the flight to ask for a transit hotel in Bahrain (mentioned on their website). They were quite rude and I did not get an answer to my request.

Gulf Air Customer review :  2 May 2013 by M Alhusaini    (Bahrain)

BAH-LHR-BAH. The major issue I had encountered was with poor air conditioning. The entertainment provided was limited. The food was good and staff amicable!. I wouldn't hesitate to fly with Gulf Air again, as long as they're going to upgrade their ageing A330s.

Gulf Air Customer review :  29 April 2013 by Ali Ismaeel    (Bahrain)

My wife and I flew on BAH-FRA-BAH on a new A320 business class, helpful and friendly crew, smiling all the time. I liked the full flat seats, very comfortable, food is normal, taste good but what they offered us was only a small portion. Inflight entertainment system is good but the touch screen very slow with good selection of movies and TV shows but not brand new shows. It was in general a very good experience and I will use again.

Gulf Air Customer review :  5 February 2013 by Mary Beard    (UK)

The actual flights were satisfactory with good food and service, although I agree with other comments about the rather shabby seats and average IFE. However, our booking experience was horrendous. In October, we booked a flight to Sri Lanka for 3 weeks, returning on an evening flight (7pm) from Colombo on 22 Dec. On 3 Dec, our agent advised us of a change to our return flight, which would involve us arriving in Bahrain at 07.40 on 23 Jan and leaving there on 24 Jan at 02.00 - no offer of hotel. After protest, this was changed to another flight leaving Colombo at 04.45 on 22 Jan. This meant we would lose a day of our holiday. After another protest, this was changed (on 6 Dec) to the same time but on 24 Jan, now 2 days more than planned. Finally, on 3 Jan, we received yet another email changing our return flight, offering us to either return on 22 (as previously suggested) in the early morning flight or on 25 on the same flight. We now had a choice of losing 2 days or gaining 2 days and had no time to reply as taxi was waiting (and hotels etc were already booked). We had to sort this out at Heathrow where they were very helpful and we finally agreed to return on 25 Jan, 3 days later than the original plan. All these changes were attributed to cancellations by Gulf Air. We frequently tried to contact them by phone but without success. We thought at first it was an excuse from our agent but have since discovered that Gulf Air had cancelled several flights the previous month. I shall certainly never fly with them again. I would rather pay extra for a reliable company.

Gulf Air Customer review :  30 January 2013 by Russell Mendonca    (UAE)

Flew on DXB-BAH-BKK sector and return. It was my first time with GF and the food was superb. The IFE needs updating though but I felt there was enough for all sectors. Cabin staff were attentive and the Asian cabin crew very friendly, transit is a breeze at Bahrain Airport. I would definitely fly this airline again!

Gulf Air Customer review :  24 January 2013 by M Bertram    (Australia)

AMM-BAH-MCT in business class. The flight attendants were friendly and helpful, the seats comfortable for these 2 short flights, and the meals were quite tasty too. The leg from BAH-MCT was in a fairly old plane and the seats were showing signs of wear. The lounge in Bahrain airport was comfortable and spacious though they don't give announcements for flights so you just have to make your way down to the gate at about the right time (which for us was always too early). The IFE system is the only major drawback but we only had short flights so it wasn't a major issue.

Gulf Air Customer review :  18 January 2013 by P Herman    (UK)

LHR-Bahrain-Muscat return. All flights left and arrived on time. A multicultural crew gave friendly service in both directions and meals were quite decent for economy class. Seat backs and headrests on A330, however, were hard and uncomfortable without a pillow, and something I found unacceptable was that 2 of 4 toilets in the economy class cabin were out of service in both directions. On LHR-Bahrain sector, a drinks service was offered right after take-off, and nothing until we were over Turkey, by which time the one and only meal was served. Flight attendants came around occasionally with trays of juice or water. Inflight entertainment is on a loop system which some will find antiquated, but I actually didn't mind as it allows you to watch several things at a time. Bahrain-Muscat was on a very comfortable Embraer aircraft, with light meal service, and a more limited in-seat entertainment system. Can't compare them to other gulf carriers but I found them good overall and would fly again.

Gulf Air Customer review :  17 January 2013 by M Sohrab    (Canada)

YYZ-LHR-BAH-DAC-BAH-LHR-YYZ. Good timely service. Ground staff very helpful, generally. Inflight service good. Meals decent. No complaints overall for the fare. Will travel again Gulf Air in the future.

Gulf Air Customer review :  11 January 2013 by Luis Starr    (Saudi Arabia)

MNL-BAH-DMM. Flight was full, boarding was smooth given the amount of passengers going boarding the A330. Seats are ok, rather hard and uncomfortable at times on the neck. IFE, not on demand although are in seat. Movies are on loop, no choice at all and screens are small. Food, sub standard, although they serve 3 choices - usually out by the time they reach the back area. Service is slow. Cabin crew not smiling and are always in a hurry, they disappeared after the meals were served. Only one round of drinks given. Garbage on the floor and crew did not bother to pick them up. Boarding in Bahrain is chaotic, but was given a business class seat on A320. Food served on the ground and it was tasty and good on a 20 minute flight. FA's are great!

Gulf Air Customer review :  25 December 2012 by R Clarke    (Saudi Arabia)

BAH-MNL. Lucky to find that Business class had these flat bed seats installed so had a good rest on the flight. Food was average but the biggest letdown was the IFE system! Gulf Air really need to get updated movies onboard as the films are at least 5yrs old and not on demand like everything was. This is letting the inflight experience down big time.

1 2 3 4 5