Garuda Indonesia Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

Garuda Indonesia Customer review :  19 February 2014 by G Gifari    (Australia)

GA 721 then GA 439, BNE-DPS-CGK. Flying back 11 days later on GA 400 then GA 720, CGK-DPS-BNE, all on B737-800NG. In every aspect, the experience couldn't be more than four stars. Smooth check-in at Brisbane Airport with my bag tagged all the way for Jakarta, but it had to be picked up at Denpasar for customs clearance then dropped off at their domestic terminal. Garuda uses their narrow-body fleet on this 5hrs flight meaning that it cannot fly on full load, you are guaranteed more space to stretch out in economy. The cabin and toilets were immaculately clean and the seat pitch exceeded expectations. You are served a drink before take-off. The service from the cabin crew seemed rushed, however, and I feel there should be improvements with their English. Meals served on board were plentiful, you'll even get a three-course meal on the 1hr45mn DPS-CGK flight. My only tip with Garuda is to pack your own IFE as their options may not be to everyone's taste and they are prone to glitches. Another thing is to bring your own headphones because the ones provided by Garuda had poor sound quality you couldn't hear anything over the engines and unfortunately this was a consistent problem on all of the four flights that I took with Garuda.

Garuda Indonesia Customer review :  18 February 2014 by J Salim    (Australia)

Flew from SYD-CGK (GA713), CGK-PDG (GA162), PDG-CGK (GA163), CGK-SYD (GA 712). For international flights we got offered either orange juices or apple juices. The meal was really tasty! We also received a light meal (ie. small bread) and an ice cream at the beginning of the flight and just before the captain commencing the descend. As for the domestic, on one of my flight from PDG-CGK we even got free in-flight entertainment (I never found any free in-flight entertainment during other domestic flights). The other highlights are: the immigration on board from Sydney, the spacious legroom, the extra baggage allowance (we got 30kg whilst most of the other airline only allow us to carry 23kg), the very friendly flight attendants, a lot of new movies on their in-flight entertainment, 24/7 customer services (in Indonesia), and the on-time flight schedule.

Garuda Indonesia Customer review :  13 February 2014 by Davide Greco    (Italy)

SIN-CGK, GA829 on Feb 11th. A smooth flight operated by 737-800NG with comfortable seats, nice and smiling crew members, and on time departure and arrival. Price was 50% lower than SQ and this is why I chose Garuda. On the minus side: they ran out of chicken when they got to my row so I did not have lunch (I cannot eat seafood): the hostess was very apologetic and try to get me something else even though at the end it was not possible but I did not starve during a 1.5 hr trip. In Jakarta the plane was parked at a remote stand, forcing us to have a rather long bus ride. On the plus side: check-in at Changi was a breeze, as was going through immigration and customs in Soekarno-Hatta, and seat pitch and softness is above average for economy. I have to mention that I had troubles when trying to buy the ticket in their website as the page got frozen when processing the payment: and after trying several times I had to give up and purchase it through an agency at a higher price. Anyway, considering the level of service and the value for money, I will probably consider to fly with them again in the future.

Garuda Indonesia Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Otniel Parlin    (Indonesia)

I was flew DPS-CGK return. GA 425 (DPS-CGK), January 30 with Boeing 737-800 and GA 416 (CGK-DPS), February 4 with Airbus A330-300. There was no delay and the in-flight meals are not too special but the stewardesses was very friendly to passengers. For the entertainment touch screen not sensitive and I hope the entertainment can be improved to make the operation of IFE easy.

Garuda Indonesia Customer review :  7 February 2014 by Andrea Martignoni    (Australia)

Just returned from GA713 to SYD to CGT - and GA 714 DPS-SYD a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Couldn't fault anything- comfortable flat bed set- excellent food and wine and very friendly cabin crew. Garuda's business class product is now amongst the best. The wines were especially good and service and presentation excellent. Entertainment is a little bit limited compared to some other airlines but still had some good movies/programs.

Garuda Indonesia Customer review :  3 February 2014 by Anggoro Andri    (Indonesia)

JOG-CGK. GA217. Early boarding, brand new aircraft with Boeing sky interior, comfortable seat and large seat pitch. Friendly FA and the food and beverages weren't bad. Landing on-time at CGK. But sat about 35mins. On the aircraft, due to crowded airport. Overall the flight was excellent but very disappointing airport.

Garuda Indonesia Customer review :  29 January 2014 by R Veldhuizen    (Netherlands)

GA89, AMS-AUH-CGK: No online check-in possible in Netherlands resulting in bad seats. When drinks were served we asked for a red wine, which was not possible they said, only served with meals. IFE missing Flight Info channel. Overall performance mediocre to bad. GA88, CGK-AUH-AMS: 65 mins delay - arriving at AUH we were told to stay in aircraft during cleanup and refuelling, sat for 90 mins in parked aircraft while there was time enough to get out and stretch legs. Same wine problem as in GA89 but wine was served during breakfast. Never again.

Garuda Indonesia Customer review :  28 January 2014 by S Lubis    (Indonesia)

CGK-NRT-CGK on their new Boeing 777-300ER, outbound to Tokyo on a red-eye flight, comfy seat with adequate pitch, improved AVOD with more movies selections, breakfast is served prior to landing, service is good and able to catch some sleep during the flight. Inflight wifi is available and live tv option on the iFE. Flight arrived earlier than scheduled in Narita. Outbound flight leaves Narita at 12 noon, welcome drink is now Evian water no longer Juices, snacks and continuous drink service is served prior to lunch, lunch has western and Japanese option, ice cream is served 1 hour before landing for in between meal, full flight, service is excellent, FA's friendly and cheerful, flight landed on time and really liked their on board immigration process, thus, its a breeze upon arriving at Jakarta airport as we do not have to queue for immigration.

Garuda Indonesia Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Jonathan Rodden    (Indonesia)

On Saturday October 12th, 2013 we arrived 3 hours before our planned departure to Hong Kong on GA860 only to be told that the plane was delayed, however they did not say that it would be 6+ hours delay. Check in was chaotic to say the least and customer service could not be found. After 1 hour we were allowed to check in so we proceeded to temporary lounge which was over flowing with people and nowhere to sit. Tried to follow up with Garuda Customer service department upon our return to Jakarta, however that is a challenge in itself.

Garuda Indonesia Customer review :  23 January 2014 by Artha The    (Indonesia)

Flew CGK-HKG-CGK, 22 Dec 2013 and 2 Jan 2014. Both on A330s. Since this is a holiday season, flight was fully booked, but the check in process and boarding was efficient. The 1st flight was delayed 30 minutes due to high traffic at CGK but we arrived on time. The crew on both flight were excellent. Overall, a great experience with Garuda Indonesia.

Garuda Indonesia Customer review :  21 January 2014 by S Jow    (Indonesia)

GA884, CGK-NRT, 24 December 2013. Check in at Terminal 2 Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK). I didn't have to queue up for check in because I use GFF Gold Card and I get a lounge invitation for Garuda Indonesia Executive Lounge. I didn't have to queue up for the immigration - great plus. Boarding and pushback on time. Take off and landing on time.

Garuda Indonesia Customer review :  15 January 2014 by Hengky Harun    (Australia)

GA878, CGK-ICN, 4 Jan 2014. The check-in at CGK airport was seamless. We didnt have to queue up for the immigration - a great plus. The Business class lounge is dreadful. In fact it was nicer at the gate lounge where the air was fresher. The F&B at the lounge was very disappointing. I think GA really needs to work on this in order to be able to compete with other 5 stars airlines. Flight delayed, the boarding process was appalling. There is no C class dedicated line. I understand CGK airport is very congested but we were made to wait for transport bus for more than 15mins. There were no staff. I thought as C class passengers you will receive a better service in this area. Once we were on board the service seems to be a lot better. Credit to all the cabin crews. The CSM doesn't seem to do much at all. Onboard Food presentation is superb however it didn't feel as fresh as it could possibly be. Entertainment is very limited but being a night flight we didn't really use it. I also noticed the flight path program which i personally like was not available. Seat is comfortable and I slept. A nice touch when I discovered a crew had placed a blanket over me when I woke up. Breakfast was good. Flight landed smoothly at ICN. Overall it is a good flight and I look forward to experience GA service again in the near future.

Garuda Indonesia Customer review :  15 January 2014 by J Townsend    (Australia)

GA 718 flight from Denpasar to Melbourne on Saturday 11th January 2014. First of all I travelled with 5 other friends and was told we were sitting together. 3 and 3. When boarding the plane I found my self sitting alone next to another passenger. As the flight boarded at 11pm we were traveling through the night. The lights of the plane were off for a max of 2 hours therefore the rest of the time they were on while people were trying to sleep. When food came around scrambled eggs were an option. A friend got these and when she opened the lid the eggs were green. The flight attended saw the eggs and wasn't until the comment was made that these are off she swapped it.

Garuda Indonesia Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Febrian Jose    (Indonesia)

GA 224 from Jakarta to Solo on 27 December 2013. During the flight there were no problems. Flight was on time. Flight attendants very kind. The inflight entertainment was great. The seat was clean. I will fly Garuda Indonesia again.

Garuda Indonesia Customer review :  7 January 2014 by Victor Nathanael    (Indonesia)

GA368, SUB-SRG on Jan 7, 2014. Although using Bombardier CRJ1000 and only 45 minutes flight, Garuda Indonesia successfully managed to deliver service as pleasant as in Boeing 737-800 flights from Surabaya. Good cabin ambience in small aircraft. No PTVs but still got a complimentary snack. I am hoping that this route should be operated with larger aircraft soon because it is not easy to get cheap fares in full capacity routes like SUB-SRG.

Garuda Indonesia Customer review :  6 January 2014 by J Andriani    (Germany)

GA0324 on 22nd Dec 2013 CGK-SUB, flight was delayed for 2 hours due to traffic. No refreshment (at least water) served inside the terminal. We even stayed inside the aircraft for more than 30 minutes before departing. A woman carried her crying baby was still walking around, trying to calm the baby down, while the aircraft was moving and seatbelt sign was already on. CA didn't warn her to sit down. The entertainment didn't work. GA0323 on 3rd Jan 2014 also delayed approx. 1.5 hours. Isn't it probably better to rearrange the schedule and fly on time? Fortunately I had 6 hours before flying to Doha.