Frontier Airlines Passenger Reviews and Frontier Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 May 2015 by T Gragg    (USA)

My fiancé and I flew from Portland, Or to Memphis, TN. My first slight shock came when it was apparent that we had to pay for drinks, which on every other airline I have flown this was complementary. It also seemed that anything extra had a cost to it. But my biggest complaint was when we were returning home. Our flight was delayed an hour. No announcement was made to the passengers or any explanation was given. When we boarded we waited another half hour to take off due to computer issues. We ended up missing our connecting flight to our home city. It took the customer service reps two hours to give us our stand by tickets and food vouchers. They also were unsure about how the hotel voucher worked. Speaking of hotel, they didn't have any rooms in their system for us, so the voucher was pretty much pointless. So as a well traveled person, I would not recommend this airline to anyone, no matter how cheap they are.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 May 2015 by A Wells    (USA)

This was by far the worst travel experience. I flew from ATL to PDX with a connection in Denver. Our flight was delayed by nearly 3 hours and we spent an additional hour on the runway because Frontier was short staffed and could not find anyone to direct the flight out. We were told that our connecting flight was aware of the delay and waiting at the gate for us. Little did we know, they rebooked the entire flight before we even departed from Atlanta with no intention of holding the plane. When we arrived, there was no gate available and 20 passengers missed their connecting flight. Frontier customer service was extremely rude. They did not offer any vouchers and told customers that all hotels were booked and passengers would have to remain in the airport for up to 2 days. There were elderly and sickly people scattered all over the airport, sleeping on floors and chairs. One family had to purchase 6 new tickets on Delta airlines because Frontier did not have a flight to put them on for 2 whole days. Although airfare appears reasonable please keep in mind that there is a seating fee for up to $35. Both carry on bags and checked bags cost between $25-$35. Water is free but all other beverages cost $2.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 May 2015 by L Threlkeld    (USA)

We boarded Frontier flight 607 from Miami on 5/15/15 at 1.08pm. We watched the flight land and unload and within 5 mins we boarded the plane. After everyone boarded, this was a full flight, the door was shut, the captain came on and stated we had to have a tyre change. After over an hour the captain came back on and said we needed to have a 2nd tyre changed. We spent from 1.08pm until 3.40pm on this plane before takeoff on a fully booked airbus, shoulder to shoulder, very uncomfortable seats and without a single offering of a drink or food item. While I appreciate and understand safety, this is absolutely uncalled for! The very least they could have offered was a complimentary drink but, no we had to pay $2 for a canned soda. We spent a total of 4 hours on this plane! The seats on Frontier are plastic and very uncomfortable! They also state they are committed to serving customers but, that is not what we experienced on this flight. Customer service is lacking.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 May 2015 by A Young    (USA)

I took Frontier from LAX to DEN to DWT. In all cases, the flights were on time and on the way back even running about 5 min early. I had no issues checking in (checked in at a multi airline kiosk-not the solitary Frontier kiosks - at the airport). I booked online for one checked bag which cost me $40 round trip - no fee for carry on within the defined perimeters. My flight left lax at 8pm-I was in the drop bag line at 6pm when they opened and waited 5 min-no hassle. My flight left DWT at 6am-I was in line at 5am at the drop bag line again with a 5min wait and no hassles. The staff at the desks, gate and on board attendants were helpful and friendly and answered my questions with no problems. On board, I was in row 9-which didn't recline because I was right in front of the exit row. Everyone else's seats reclined but I didn't see this as a huge problem. I stick to water in flight mainly because any food or drink (other than water) causes swelling/ retention. I can tell you a regular 12 oz can of soda was $1.99 or they had combo deals-coffee and a breakfast snack was $4.99 and 2 drinks + 2 snacks was $8.99 (this was in the in-flight menu). I think it's fair, they're charging al-a-carte to keep the fares low which I appreciate. There were TV's for every seat and the cost for more than a 2 hour flight was $5.99 for a decent variety of channels. Overall I had a good flight both ways and would recommend Frontier based on this experience.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  11 May 2015 by L Barron    (USA)

I took Frontier Airlines from Houston IAH to San Francisco SFO on Saturday May 2nd and returned on Wednesday May 6th. The airline gives complimentary water and was punctual to the destinations. Had no issues with luggage nor seating.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  11 May 2015 by Abbie Ackerman    (USA)

Classic Plus

I flew Frontier from SFO-MSY. I had to pay for seats on both flights totalling $70 plus a checked bag fee for both flights totalling $40. On top of a $500 ticket it cost me $110 extra just to get a seat and to check one bag. All the drinks and food on the plane are extra. On top of that when I arrived in New Orleans only half of the passengers received their checked luggage. The rest of us waited over an hour for someone to help us and after that they found our bags in the back of the baggage claim where someone forgot to put them on the carousel. Today (5/7/15) I get to the airport for my return trip - everyone was ready to board when someone comes out at the gate to tell us that our flight was delayed for four hours because Frontier didn't have a crew for the flight. The woman who made the announcement quickly walked away leaving all the passengers standing in disbelief. I go to the ticket counter to have them find a flight from Denver to San Francisco because I was going to miss my connection. I was put on hold 45 minutes and talked to four different people.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 May 2015 by J Hausman    (USA)

I've been flying Frontier between Dulles and Orlando on a regular basis (once or twice a month), since they started the service last summer. They are having scheduling issues, flights are late, 70-80% of the time. They charge for everything, since I have no luggage, only a computer bag, that's ok. I reserve a seat, since I don't want a middle one, and that recently went from $3 to $8. All this is ok, for a two hour flight (beats driving), except that the plane I have been flying on lately has the thinnest, most uncomfortable seats I've ever sat on in an airplane. Not sure if this is an exception or this is the new normal? Overall, they're ok and the flight delays are becoming shorter and less frequent.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  2 May 2015 by L Philips    (USA)

My family and I flew round-trip from Cleveland to Orlando, and I am happy to report that we had great experiences on both flights. All Frontier airport staff/flight attendants were very friendly. Neither flight was delayed at all, in fact we reached our destination ahead of schedule both times. I will say that we were annoyed by the extra charges for choosing seats (which I did because one of my companions is a very nervous flyer and I didn't want her to be alone) and carry-on bags (which again we did - checking bags is the cheaper option, but I prefer the ease of carry-on luggage whenever possible), however, getting to/from our destination safely and efficiently is top priority. I would certainly recommend Frontier to others, but just make sure you look into all the charges before you book so you know what's coming.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 April 2015 by J Craig    (USA)

Classic Plus

Flew at the end of April 2015 from CVG-LAS round-trip. First experience on Frontier. I had researched pretty well so I knew all about the extra fees. I paid in advance for a checked bag and an upgraded stretch seat. Seat was very average at best, but on a long flight the leg space was worth it. It was my first time checking a bag in years as I couldn't justify spending more to carry my bag on. A bit of a hassle but probably would not stop me from flying them again. Flights were on time and went off without complication. They really hustle to turn the planes around quickly. That also means that they don't get cleaned very well as this is the flight crews job. Floor of the plane was filthy and general upkeep was neglected. Definitely no frills, but they did get me and my luggage from point A to point B safely and on time.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 April 2015 by Lakin Prouse    (USA)

Denver to Dallas, 4/22, flight 124 and from Houston to Denver, 4/26, flight 247. I fly Frontier all of the time out of Denver and have never had any issues at all. One of the few carriers to have TVs on every flight. I have never been delayed. It blows my mind that there are so any bad reviews. You just bought an airline ticket for 100's under other carriers and you don't expect to be charged other places? It's not even that terrible of up charges. Yes to pick your seat if you want to, and to check or carryon a bag but you still are 100's under other carriers prices. Go into knowing there will be fees it's nowhere near as bad as spirits fees and the prices are cheaper. The planes are nicer and the pilots are top notch.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  28 April 2015 by Saketh Ram    (USA)

Always remember that you get what you pay for. This airline lures you with low fares then has lots of add ons. $35 for a carry on, #25 for a checked back, and also you have to pay to select a seat. Minimal staffing at airport so unable to answer questions. Flight from DEN-LAS delayed 4 hours due to mechanical delay, no support from airport staff. Return flight boarded 45 min early with final call 30 min before scheduled departure because they wanted to leave early. Worst turbulence ever on approach into DEN, never had with other airlines, even in bad weather. Would not recommend. Crew not particularly friendly.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  24 April 2015 by K Altenberg    (USA)

Classic Plus

I have been a, "road warrior", for over 15 years. My schedule for weekly air travel has been fairly consistent throughout that time-I'm usually on a plane every week. Needless to say, I have pretty much flown every airline out there. When we moved to Denver 4 years ago, Frontier became my, "go to" airline. Great staff, great service, lots of direct flights, and they were usually on-time. Wow, with the new ownership and pricing model, apparently, you can kiss all of that goodbye! Sad to say that the best air carrier has completely imploded. Stay away. Do not buy into the cheap airfare inducement.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  24 April 2015 by Bill Campbell    (USA)

Worst experience on an airline ever for this frequent traveler. Due to mechanical failure on the aircraft, they left us stranded in Orlando in early March. They kept us at bay until they boarded three other flights in their terminal "pod", I suppose to thin the crowd that could have got fired up. 5 hours after scheduled departure, they told us flight cancelled. They were working on getting hotel accommodations and transportation, but could not tell us about return flight info. It was approaching midnight and I had to be back home in the AM. We booked a flight on US Airways who, as always, took great care of us. We spent the night on the floor in the airport. They do not respond to complaints nor have they made any effort towards remedying their failure. Horrible customer service. Horrible airline.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  18 April 2015 by A Robinson    (USA)

I took a 5 hour flight from Dulles to Vegas. I wasn't sitting with my boyfriend who I booked the flight with. We were delayed nearly 2 hours. The seats were like sitting on a rock and my seat recline was broken. To watch TV was 5.99 to get a soda was 2.99! On the way home we got to sit together but there weren't any TVs and none of the seats reclined. The flight home boarded a hour early and took off early which those of us who were there appreciated but a lot of people got left behind. I will go back to flying with Delta!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  18 April 2015 by L Gonzalez    (USA)

Flight F9 1256, 4/15/15. I was worried about my flight today after reading all of the negative reviews but I must say that I was pleasantly shocked! This was probably one of the best flights I've experienced flying out of O'Hare airport, or other airports for that matter. Our flight even departed a little earlier than planned. It was a pretty early flight so I did sleep the entire way which was very uncomfortable because the seats have little cushion and do not recline. Since I slept throughout my flight, it didn't matter to me that there wasn't any entertainment or wifi. Also, I like that the cheaper option is to check a bag in. I decided to pay more for a carry on and the process to board and off board is so much faster since many elect the cheaper option to check their bags, but also, there was plenty room available in the overhead compartments. For the price I paid for the ticket and because I am an anxious flyer, pilot skill is more important than the seating or entertainment. The fact that I was able to sleep on a flight, which is very rare, is important to me. I think Fronteir is exactly what it markets itself as, an economy Airbus. Expect to get from point A to point B, nothing more. Plan on bringing a pillow and a book to make the flight more comfortable.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2015 by J Lowery    (USA)

March 15, flight #1127. March 20, flight #1126. I booked flights with Frontier Airlines before knowing anything about the airline. My husband researched them and had us very nervous about flying with them due to reports of cancelled and late flights. I called customer service and they were very helpful and courteous. After talking with them I felt comfortable with the reservations. The flight out of Dulles was 30 minutes late but we still arrived in Las Vegas 15 minutes early. On the return flight we left 15 minutes late and arrived at Dulles 45 minutes early. I have no complaints at all.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2015 by J Crouch    (USA)

Denver to Seattle, April 8 2015, flt 137. Seattle to Denver, April 12 2015, flt 146. The seats were uncomfortable and leg room was not sufficient. The extra carry on bag fee was $40.00 and cokes were about $3. Terrible experience.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  15 April 2015 by Silas Richardson    (USA)

The only thing that had any value was my seat and I was by the emergency window. I had great leg space but as for the service on the flight. The flight attendant seemed she didn't really care, no smile. As for the pricing it was a cheap flight but everything else cost: the drinks (non-alcohol) on the flight and the snacks. The bags, I got charged for every bag. I will not fly Frontier, just like I have not flown Alaska Airlines.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  15 April 2015 by Joseph Yohe    (USA)

Classic Plus

Been flying from Orlando to Washington Dulles every week since June, their inaugural flight. Never saw such a decline in service. Upgraded seats went. From 25 to 45$. Seats went from a nice leather to a hard smaller seat that does not even recline. Just cram more seats. No leg room. Seven out of ten flights are always delayed. I have three more flights, then going back to another airlines. Would rather pay more. Actually everything Frontier charges for it is cheaper to fly elsewhere.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  13 April 2015 by J Kiolbassa    (USA)

I am laying on the terminal floor as I type this. I was scheduled to fly to ORD from MCO this evening at 6.45. There were heavy storms in the Midwest so our flight was initially delayed. This happens. However, the way this airline handled this delay was nothing short of appalling. The website said the flight would be delayed a little less than an hour. Upon arrival at the gate, there is absolutely no info on out flight. Finally, after 3 hrs the young woman at the gate tells us that the flight should get to Orlando around 12.15am and that's "all she knows". We all wait. Meanwhile the skies are all clear in Chicago and all other flights are starting to get moving. Then at about 11pm we are told that the plane has not yet pushed back in Chicago and is sitting at the gate, and now the flight will be around 2:45am. At this point we all start to ask if the flight will be cancelled so we can all make other arrangements and find lodging. The attendant once again says that this is all the info she has. One man asks "you work for the airline, can't you at least call to see if you can find anything out?" Her response "no, I can't." She eventually disappears. Then shortly after midnight a man get on the intercom and informs us (very casually) that the flight is cancelled, but "since it has do to with weather we aren't going to make any accommodations for anyone. If you want we can give you s number that you can call to try and figure this out fit yourselves." They preceded to write down the same 800 number from the website on ripped pieces of paper and hand it out to anyone who asked. In defence of the attendants, they seemed like they honestly had no idea what was going on and were just as frustrated as many of the passengers. Upon calling the airline I was put on hold for over 45 mins with no response. All in all it was an awful experience and the incompetence of this airline seemingly knows no bounds. I am currently stuck in Orlando with a choice of paying over $700 for a one way domestic flight or renting a car and driving 20hrs to get home because this airline cancelled my flight and offered no solution or assistance whatsoever. I will never fly Frontier again!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2015 by William Maia    (USA)

Even though we enjoyed the convenience of the 5 minutes walk between our parking spot and the check-in counter at Trenton Airport, having to pay for any checked luggage and specific seats so my partner and I could seat side by side was vexatious. Flight attendants were very pleasant, but the 2-hour wait after disembarking at Hartsfield- Jackson (Atlanta) to get our checked luggage was exasperating.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2015 by J Trueman    (USA)

Flight was delayed on my way to Naples FL from Cleveland OH. No notification, and no staff around. Finally 1 hour later, we were told there wasn't staff for our plane. On my way back home, my seat was double sold! Tried to offer me another seat, but it was away from my daughter whom I was flying with. Staff were difficult, just said "you want to get home don't you"? Then to top it off, my luggage was lost! How does that happen on a non-stop flight?

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2015 by Alan Layne    (USA)

Bad service. Paid for seat upgrade, but video monitor did not work. Every seat except middle seats behind the wing have an upgrade fee. Beverage service is poor at best, and even a Coke costs $3 ("but you get the whole can"). Bag fees are increasing yet again. As a Denver native, I am sad to say I will never fly Frontier again and will discourage anybody else from doing so. Like with Spirit Air, Indigo Partners ruined another once great airline. But hey, they turn the biggest profit in the industry, so screw the passengers.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2015 by M Kelley    (USA)

I did not have any baggage to check and my only carry-on was a backpack that fit under the seat. I arrived at SeaTac in plenty of time for my flight so that I could print out my boarding pass (I had already checked in online) only to find that none of the kiosks were working. So, I waited over an hour for the counter to open only to be treated to a rep yelling at everyone for not checking in at the kiosk. Finally, the other rep got her to listen that the kiosks didn't work. Upon arrival at the airport, my flight was listed as on time. After a gate change to clear across the airport, we were told that the flight was delayed by 4.5 hours. No one to speak with since no agents at the gate. By 10pm, 3 hours post original flight time, the flight was listed as delayed another 3 hours! Again, no agents to speak with. I had signed up for text/phone/email notifications and none were ever received. We ended up arriving 8 hours after our arrival time. I had to take another day off of work and it was a very long night. The flight crew was pleasant but again, no compensation of any kind for our troubles. You would think that if Frontier cared at all about their passengers, that we could at least get a free soda. This was my last Frontier flight! Not worth the time and aggravation. We never did get a realistic reason for the delay.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2015 by P Stolzman    (USA)

Will never fly Frontier Airlines again. We were scheduled to fly to Tucson via Milwaukee to Denver to Tucson. When checking in in Milwaukee, we were told our outbound Milwaukee to Denver flight was delayed by two hours. As a result, we would miss our Denver to Tucson flight. For the next 75 minutes, we waited to be rebooked on a flight arriving in Tucson 24 hours later. Terrible service. No apologies, nothing. You get what you pay for with this airline.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 March 2015 by L Molina    (USA)

I bought my tickets before reading the reviews and when I started to read the reviews I started to regret buying the cheap tickets but it was too late. I flew from Orlando back to Chicago and I have to really say that I'm glad I bought the tickets before reading the reviews or I wouldn't have bought them. High points of the flight? They have a TV and the seats were actually comfortable. I'm a plus size girl and I fit and my legs didn't feel cramped at all. So for those of you who had a bad experience, try it again maybe it was a bad day for everyone that day. But do bring your own snacks and drink because the prices are ridiculous onboard.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 March 2015 by H Riley    (USA)

Frontier Airlines is ranked as a 3 star carrier. Really? On a scale of 1 to 5 stars, 3 stars means an airline is average. That has not been my experience on Frontier, and I think on a whole the airline is substandard. My recent flight round-trip from PDX to DEN was miserable. They charge for baggage-checked and carry on, and they even charge for a cup of coffee or soda! The flight attendants are grumpy and not customer service oriented, flights are late without any reason or apologies from the ground crew, and leg room is non-existent. Better fares abound on Southwest, so choose wisely.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  18 March 2015 by R Mathieson    (USA)

The customer service is unacceptable and unhelpful, and the flights are frequently delayed and canceled. This airline will tempt you with lower fares, and then make you pay for each carry-on bag, and each checked bag as well. It's a tactic that has apparently been working for them because their buyers are ignorant and don't check these things first, so please don't be one of those customers like I was. My only advice is turn around and book somewhere else.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  18 March 2015 by K William    (USA)

I have been a summit member for over ten years. They have methodically reduced all of the benefits for being a frequent flier until they are now nearly non-existent. The staff on the phone, when you can get through, are tired and it is easy to see that they very much dislike their jobs. The flight attendants on too many of my recent flights are also grumbling and service is sketchy at best. On a recent flight from Denver going south, the attendants did not start the beverage service until we were more than two thirds the way to the destination and did not prepare the cabin for landing until the pilot announced "Attendants, please prepare for landing." Speaking with a number of people we have all encountered hang-ups when trying to speak to an agent.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  18 March 2015 by Daniel Velez    (USA)

The usual complaint about charging more for carry-on luggage but not warning of the charge when purchasing the ticket. We packed individually a total of four carry on for a total of $200 round trip and we had to checked them not bring as carry on. Second, they changed our returning flight from 11pm to 9am we lost a day of our vacation! Then we had to purchase assigned seats to ensure we sit together. Third, they only provide free water everything else had to pay even $3.00 for a can of soda. Only snacks for a 7 hour flight to Las Vegas. Fourth, staff did not communicate we had special service stop in Cincinnati and we're told to get out of the plane and then they called us in about 5 minutes to hurry up that we should have never got out of the plane. Six, our returning flight was awful, we sit inside the airplane for an hour they said it was a light bulb they needed to change. The seats were the most uncomfortable I've sat in. I'm 5'3 and 140 pounds and never have a problem, yet I was sore after a 2 hour. Seven, we had to get out of airplane in Cleveland Ohio for special service again and only had 10 minutes to purchase cold food and drinks for $60. Insane! And then ran back to the same airplane. Eight, we finally arrived to Orlando Florida the staff could not tell us were the luggage will be. After we arrived to baggage claim we waited for over an hour! Nine, a lot of passengers went to the counter where staff had no idea why the luggage was not available they said that probably they were waiting for other flights! Finally a supervisor came in and her only consolation comment was that we needed to wait 5 more minutes. Everyone was outraged and started asking for their baggage money back. The frontier supervisor started yelling back to all passengers and threat to call police on us. No meal voucher or baggage voucher. We had just keep waiting after a 12 hour trip. Ten, this was the worst experience I've had. The cheap flights are always more expensive and service is awful.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by A Stewart    (USA)

Flight down to Florida delayed 30 mins because the plane over-fuelled. On the way back flight was delayed for 6 hours then canceled until the next day with no explanation. The Frontier workers wouldn't even come down to the gate to tell us, we had to go by the Departure board. Next day flight was delayed 3 hours because the crew was legally required to have a certain amount of time before next flight. If they had to delay flight for 26+ hours you would think the flight would leave on time. Also because so many people just jumped on another flight back they had to role call to see who was on the plane. Never felt less secure on an airplane.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by L Roche    (USA)

I flew, at the last minute, from San Diego to Denver. Frontier had better flight time selections and fares than Southwest (won't make that mistake). It was impossible to check in online as the hyperlinks didn't work. I called their "customer service" number and after being on hold for 30+ minutes I gave up. I don't understand their baggage and carry on policies and pricing and quickly realized that any money saved by not flying Southwest would be eaten up by these stupid nit picking fees. I finally prevailed on their horrible website and arrived at the airport to hear that their whole software system was brand-new and everyone was trying to figure it out. Then the flight was delayed with no notice to my email or phone. At the gate, they had one poor employee trying to handle all these passengers and get the inbound flight all set up to de-plane. This was a bad experience and I will attempt not to fly them ever again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Peggy Goss    (USA)

Where to start? Booked over 4 months ago and was not able to sit with spouse. Charged an extra $30 for a carry on, have been sitting to go into the hate at Orlando for over 20 mins now. Got asked once is I wanted a drink but 3 times about trash. Never again!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by K Glendenning    (USA)

Went to Punta Cana from Rockford IL on flight 32 on Feb 27th. Flight was on time and the crew made the experience fun and enjoyable. The stewards were funny and even played "happy" when we landed! Now, for the flight back to Rockford on March 5th on flight 33, I have to say it was by far my worst experience flying! We not only had a 5.5 hour delay, but the pilot mumbled when he addressed the passengers to the point no one had any idea what he was saying. I was in row 9 and it took over 1.5 hours just to get a beverage! They didn't even make it halfway through the plane and had already run out of some snacks, soda, liquor and of all things, ice! We had asked if their were any other seats available because our seats did not recline due to the emergency exit behind us, we were informed yes there was, but the passenger in the end seat had decided to lay across all the seats and they were not willing to ask this person to sit up! Once we landed we had heard many other passengers say how bad their experience was as well. In my opinion, the next time I fly anywhere, I will stay far away from flying on Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by M Ballesteros    (USA)

What attracted my husband to try Frontier Airline to Vegas was the cheap fare. Sad to say we got what we paid for. I had no problem with a 2 hour delay nor getting our luggage after 10 hours. I do understand this. But poor customer service and waiting over an hour after disembarking to get our checked luggage is too much. Flying Frontier will be my last option the next time I travel.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by T Rhoads    (USA)

Classic Plus

Flight from Cleveland to Denver. Mid day clear skies. They boarded the plane on time. Departure time was no problem but came and went. Captain comes on saying a small paperwork issue. Same story for the next two hours until they made everyone get off the plane. Then their reservation system goes down. Can't get anything but more lying to the passengers. Flight was re scheduled for after midnight. This airline has turned into a really bad airline. So after spending all day being lied to they offer a 10 dollar meal coupon. That will get you a bottle of water and some crackers. No help with booking another airline. Avoid the aggravation and go on another airline. It will be cheaper in the long run.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 March 2015 by A Avery    (USA)

They were incredibly inconsiderate. The first leg of my flight was delayed by weather at the destination airport, yet the second leg departed from that airport ahead of schedule. Half of my flight was told that the next available flight was 24 hours later, or that we could go to an alternative airport 1.5 hours from the original destination in 12 hours. No meal voucher, no hotel, no compensation - we all slept on the floor. The desk attendant's consolation was, "Well it's better you don't have a hotel because you would have had to come back very early in the morning regardless." Also, add the usual complaints about charging more for carry-on luggage but not warning of the charge when purchasing the ticket. The seats were the most uncomfortable I've sat in. I'm 5'10 and 140 pounds and never have a problem, yet I was sore after a 2 hour leg. I'd hate to imagine what the larger passengers had to endure.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 March 2015 by L Poper    (USA)

New seats do not recline. My friend and I just flew a quick RT CLE-RSW over a four-day span. We paid for seats with extra legroom. What they don't tell you now is that they just "upgraded" (their word, not mine) their seats for the whole plane, and now none of them recline. The FA told me that doing so resulted in them being able to squeeze 9 more seats into the cabin. So - what good is "extra" room if it is actually less roomy than previous experience? Very frustrating - I won't be flying Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by M Hogan    (USA)

I have never flown Frontier before my trip from CVG to MCO. I was attracted to the airline because of the lower fares which is great for my family of 5. We no issues on the flight to MCO. Fast forward 3 days later on our return flight from MCO to CVG. We arrived at the airport only to find that our flight had been delayed for 2 hours because of maintenance issues. Understandable. From the time we left the main terminal to the gate, the delay went from 2 hours to 9.5 hours. Again, we were told it was a maintenance issue. The delay changed again to 10.5 hours. It turns out it wasn't a maintenance issue at all, it was a crew issue - they don't have a crew to fly the plane. Supposedly the do now (thus the delay). I'm not sure where the plane is - CVG or MCO. The attendant at the gate told me planes are delayed at least once a week because of no crew, but usually the delay is shorter than 10.5 hours. I only wish I would have read the reviews before I booked my flight. It can only be a matter of time. Southwest/AirTran and Delta are substantially more reliable and if you have someplace to be, it's worth it to pay a little more.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Donna Mcparlan    (USA)

Flying from Denver to Chicago round trip. Delayed 6.5 hours to get cancelled. Tried the same flight the next day and so far we are delayed two hours. This is the last time I will fly Frontier. They are really bad.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Hart Chris    (USA)

Classic Plus

Frontier 114, February 4th. Do not cross the line into Frontier Land - enticed by the low fares, and the thinking of "these negative reviews can't possibly be true". They are. After my 4th straight delayed flight (this one for 6 hours) on this carrier, and the record now stands at 8 of the last 14 flights - it finally dawned on me. This airline really is a poor choice. This is (was) the only airline I fly "Elite" status, credit card, Early Returns program, direct booking, etc.. a refuge from the era of when the "friendly skies" of United got not so friendly. I'm the guy you see boarding first, sitting up front. I used to love this company when it was a version of Southwest - good fares, fun staff, reliable. I'm that guy who smiles, understands that this is a complicated business, understands that there are several factors that can disrupt a schedule. I'm the guy ground and flight staff like - polite and courteous. They went where I needed to be, and they were in concourse A (DIA customers know about this). I get the new pricing strategy, and I understand the a' la carte idea. They had to do something about the bag war going on for overhead carry on space. What is not excusable is the consistently late flights, or worse - the cancellations, of which I have been now reading about. Frontier, I'm gone. It's sad - they were my savior from United. Southwest - here I come.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by D Woodrum    (USA)

World Strides trip home from Fort Lauderdale to Dulles International. Flight canceled on 2/21/15 due to weather, which is understandable. We were traveling with 32 middle school students and 9 adults. No flight available for 3 days 2/24/15! After a week long event, we had students who would need medication before that date (we expressed this to the agent). We had to sleep in the airport that night because there were no hotels available, that was not Frontier's fault, but having to stay there 2 more nights, with 41 people, would have been. When discussing flight options with the very nice ticket agent, we discovered that, not only would we not be able to fly out for 3 days, only part of our group could fly out then. Another group would have to fly out on the 4th day, and another on the 5th day! This was totally unacceptable. During our lengthy stay in the airport, we discovered from other customers (we were camped out right across from the Frontier ticket counter), that almost all customers were delayed the next day (the weather was beautiful) and those who had flown before stated their flights are always delayed (our flight to Orlando was delayed). The lines for check in were crazy long, compared to other airlines. People waiting hours to check in. This could have been a marketing dream for Frontier. Imagine the story of helping out a group of stranded middle school students, because Frontier cares. Instead they left us stranded for up to 5 days. No refund. No credit. Now, 32 parents will never fly Frontier. 9 chaperones will never fly Frontier. For a price gouging company that advertises low prices, then charges, not only for checked baggage, but for carry on bags, and charges for water and sodas, and basic channel TV, I would think Frontier would at least want to retain the customer base they have. I, for one, will never use Frontier again. The flight attendants and ticket agents are super. The business model is horrendous. They should be ashamed.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by J Asmondy    (USA)

This was my first experience flying Frontier and will be my last. The outbound flight from Cleveland to Phoenix was adequate but it took over 1.5 hours to receive my luggage. The return flight was a disaster. I arrived at 4pm for my 6pm flight only to find that the fight had been changed to 4.10 pm. I was never informed of the change but the agent lied and stated that I had accepted the change. I was forced to fly Delta through Detroit. Frontier offered a small partial refund for my flight but nothing for my Delta flight. I will never fly frontier again. Interestingly, my friends have had similar experiences. In fact, Frontier has engaged in a classic "bait and switch". Frontier initially offers convenient schedules and then changes the flights to save on landing fees. I will be back flying United.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2015 by D Petersen    (USA)

This was my first trip with Frontier. We flew from Cleveland to Las Vegas return. I opted for the stretch seats. The flight was delayed slightly on the outbound leg, but, this was communicated to us before we arrived at the airport. It was really not a problem. The ground staff were friendly and efficient. The cabin crew were pleasant and professional. The stretch seats were worth every cent of the small supplement payable ($25 per person per leg of the flight). The aircraft was a modern Airbus A320 ,which was clean and comfortable. The return leg was exactly like the outbound. I will not be giving five stars however. Upon arrival at Cleveland 5.45 am we were directed to a piece of taxiway until a stand could be found for us. The delay amounted to 45 minutes. That is unacceptable at that time of the morning and Frontier and Hopkins need to address it. I will have no hesitation in recommending the airline with that caveat.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Nancy Coleman    (USA)

No leg room, I am a small 5'2" female and I felt cramped, I felt sorry for my brother-in-law who is 6' tall his knees touched the seat in front of him. Apparently the only thing free on Frontier anymore is water, everything else will cost you. I got extremely ill on the return flight and they told me they had no blankets or pillows to offer. My thought, what do they do if they have an emergency needs to lay down and be kept warm, put them in the aisle? No entertainment at all, not even TV or music and a 5 hour layover, I will never fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Hart Chris    (USA)

Classic Plus

Do not cross the line into Frontier Land - enticed by the low fares, and the thinking of "these negative reviews can't possibly be true". They are. After my 4th straight delayed flight (this one for 6 hours) on this carrier, and the record now stands at 8 of the last 14 flights - it finally dawned on me. This airline really is a poor choice. Just so you know - this is (was) the only airline I fly." Elite" status, credit card, Early Returns program, direct booking, etc.. a refuge from the era of when the 'friendly skies" of United got not so friendly. I'm the guy you see boarding first, sitting up front. I used to love this company when it was a version of Southwest - good fares, fun staff, reliable. I'm that guy who smiles, understands that this is a complicated business, understands that there are several factors that can disrupt a schedule. I'm the guy ground and flight staff like - polite and courteous. They went where I needed to be, and they were in concourse A (DIA customers know about this). What happened to my company? I get the new pricing strategy, and I understand the a la carte idea. They had to do something about the bag war going on for overhead carry on space. Of course, you could do what Southwest does - no bag fee, but that another discussion. What is not excusable is the consistently late flights, or worse - the cancellations, of which I have been now reading about. While this has not happened to me, I witnessed this first hand - a flight to Oklahoma City from Denver was cancelled. 150 passengers had the rug pulled out from underneath them - I caught this because I was at the next gate over and noticed the customer service center was suddenly packed. Refunds were offered, but what you supposed to do now - book another airline at the last minute? That's triple the fare in most cases! Apparently, Frontier has no desire or capability to do what other airlines do - get you home on another carrier. Frontier, I'm gone. Southwest - here I come.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Claire Broling    (USA)

Our first flight was great but it was only 45 minutes. We sat in the "extra leg room" seating but it was just normal seating… or so I thought. Our connecting flight had us in the very back row. There, there is no leg room whatsoever and your knees are directly against the seat in front of you. They do not offer complimentary snacks or drinks but you can pay for half a can of soda for 2.99. The flight attendant was very rude and patronizing. Not only this but our seats were moved from the front all the way to the back without notification to my family. I do not recommend Frontier to anyone. Pay the extra and take United.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  11 February 2015 by Tracy Hooper    (USA)

I have only flown this airline once (RT) and will never fly them again. Both times the flight was delayed, once by 1/2 hour and once by 2.5 hours. They actually had the nerve to post 'on time' on the electronic board along with the rescheduled departure time. When I questioned the 'on time', the customer service agent said they hadn't yet updated the sign. Um, then why does it say 11.30 instead of 9.35? Unfortunately, it wasn't until I made my reservation that I noticed a review (1/2 stars) that they are consistently delayed. If you are needing to get somewhere, especially if you have a connection, I strongly advise you avoid Frontier and if you must, pay a little extra for an airline that cares about their customers getting to where they want to go relatively on time.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  11 February 2015 by Tamika Singleton    (USA)

Where do I begin. So my cousin and I got to Orlando airport at about 11am. We waited in a line for about 39 mins just to be told that we could not check our bags yet. So we waited an hour and went back to the bag drop off line to check our bags. Again we waited about 30 minutes. Luckily we had paid our baggage check fee online so the process went fairly smooth. We were scheduled to leave at 4.10pm to go to IAD. I received an email saying the flight had been delayed to 5.07. Not even 30 minutes later, the flight was changed again to 5.27. Eventually I was notified that the flight was canceled. So we went back to the desk to confirm and the board still stated that the flight was on time. By this time, the line was obstructing the flow in the airport and wait times were over an hour long. The cancellation was confirmed but we were told that they were not going to be rebooking and flights or giving any refunds. They gave us food vouchers and a hotel voucher and said we had to call a 800 number. I waited to speak with a representative for over 3 hours and still did not get in touch with anyone. They still did not offer any resolution as to how we were going to get home. So finally my cousin and I had to book with another airline in order to get out of Orlando. The workers were very rude. They had no answers whatsoever. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that I had to go to the end of the line and wait until the supervisor had time. This customer service experience was the worst ever.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  11 February 2015 by J Kinn    (USA)

No web service available, 2 hr wait on phone, given wrong information about seats, 4 Sep. seats given separating me from my two children after I was assured that wouldn't happen. Pulled out of line to use kiosk, then kiosk didn't work, rude woman at desk, seats were dirty and falling apart. After buying the tickets, we needed to buy seats, pay for bags, pay for soda, TV, peanuts, overall cost is higher and service is awful. Return flight just as bad, gate changed, no reason, boarding delayed no reason, the plane not cleaned between, trash at our seats, delayed on tarmac due to broken toilet. Seats front was ripped and dirty, seat chair very uncomfortable. 4 of 6 TV's broken in my row (23) and agents were making sarcastic comments about the passengers in front of them, horribly unprofessional.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  11 February 2015 by S We    (USA)

Frontier Airlines. Beware: limited flights, schedule changes = stranded for 2 days. Frontier delayed our flight by 5 hours due to "equipment changes". Naturally I missed my connecting flight to my destination. Frontier graciously offered to book me onto the next connecting flight - 2 days later. The delay was not because of full flights. It was not due to bad weather. They simply had no scheduled flights for 2 days (48 hours). Frontier provided no offer to book on another airline, no offer to refund my ticket except for the single connecting leg, no offer to compensate for costs on another airline. No voucher, no flight credit. I contacted customer service 3 times. I received 5 hours to sleep in a run-down hotel a half hour from the airport and $15 for an airport dinner. Several weeks earlier I had to book a one way return on United because Frontier changed my return to a 16 hour itinerary with a 9 hour layover. Then I had to book a third ticket just to get out of the airport on my outbound - United to the rescue again. Fly Frontier, but be prepared to suddenly spend a couple-few days in your layover airport or city. Or be prepared to buy a last minute fare to get to where you were going. Frontier: Discover a whole new way to fly, like driving, which is faster.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  11 February 2015 by S Maines    (USA)

My family of four which includes a 2 year old and an 11 year old just flew Frontier from DFW to Denver in January and paid in advance for seats in the forth row for easy boarding and u boarding, due to my youngest, and so we could all sit together. My seats were bought and paid for well over a month in advance and confirmed via email. Upon arriving at airport and boarding, we were placed in 4 different rows in the very back of the plane. Luckily a fellow passenger switched seats allowing my 2 year old to sit beside my husband. The same thing happened on the return flight even after spending 1 hour and 57 minutes on hold with Frontier to make sure this didn't happen again. The lady on the phone told me that the 4th row did not exist on the return flight and so once again we were shoved in the back of the plane. The 4th row did indeed exist with some very happy passengers sitting in our paid for seats! Not a happy Frontier past customer!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  11 February 2015 by K Taylor    (USA)

My original flight from Chicago was supposed to get me home on Sunday night, but was cancelled due to weather, despite other airlines flying out. The agents in Chicago were completely unhelpful and utterly lacking in empathy or any semblance of customer service. My only options were a flight two days later (with no food, hotel, or transportation vouchers provided) or to book with another airline. I didn't have the money to rebook a last minute flight across the county, and had to swallow the cost of a cheap nearby hotel with a shuttle. However, when I went back to the airport two days later, it was to find that my flight was massively delayed due to "weather," again despite other airlines having no problems. This makes no sense to me, and makes it appear that Frontier just sticks the words "weather related" in front of any problem to avoid having to take any responsibility for their delays and cancellations. My flight was delayed more than four hours (with no food vouchers offered), and sat on the runway for a further hour and a half with everyone aboard while the plane de-iced. I asked Frontier agents in Chicago before I left that, if their delays caused me to miss my connection in Denver, if I would be provided a hotel voucher. I was assured that I would. However, when I arrived in Denver, myself and the 15-20 others who had missed connections were offered no vouchers or assistance, but only extremely impatient and disrespectful service from Frontier agents. I ended up sleeping on the floor of the airport waiting until the following night for my flight. I'm currently sitting in the airport waiting for my flight and have just found out that it's, of course, delayed. I'll never fly it again. The cancellations, delays, lack of communication, disorganization, and horrible customer service are absolutely startling.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  11 February 2015 by Shannon Logan    (USA)

First they delayed our flight leaving Milwaukee to Denver. Then we miss the connecting to Bozeman. Since Frontier does not and will not work with any other airlines, we were stuck in Denver because the next Frontier flight to Bozeman was a day an a half away. Very unhelpful and horrible customer service. The only thing they offered was a discount on the next trip. Will never use this airline again. The connecting flight only needed to wait an extra 15 min for us. No beverage service for a two hour ride.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  6 February 2015 by D Dion    (USA)

This nickel and dime airline is the definition of Caveat emptor. In hindsight, I should have read the reviews rather than enduring the abominable travel experience between MCO and LAX with a layover in lovely Denver. I can only reiterate what so many have said before. The cheaper price is what hooked me but I would have rather paid the difference for another airline because in the end, I probably spent about the same. Frontier reeks of cheapness with no complimentary snacks, zero legroom, and Direct TV only available to those willing to dish out even more money. The flight attendants barked orders and scowled and the customer service couldn't be more useless. When I asked to move to an earlier flight, they informed me it would be an additional $75 per ticket as they do not offer stand-by. So while I wait for my later flight, I decided to make good use and warn any curious travelers to avoid this airline at all cost. For me, I can say this will definitely be my final Frontier. The best thing I can take away is the valuable lesson to always look before you book.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  30 January 2015 by L Dieter    (USA)

My husband and I booked two round-trip itineraries from Denver to Ft. Lauderdale last September, for travel this coming March. Just 8 days after the booking, Frontier changed our flight destination to Miami and we were told they would not provide a way to get us from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale. Despite the added cost and inconvenience, we accepted the flight change. Since that time, our flight itineraries have changed 3 more times (that's 4 itinerary changes in 4 months and counting). Today, we were informed that our non-stop flight has changed to a 3-leg itinerary, flying from Denver, to Indiana, to Alabama to Miami. We are now arriving over five hours late and in a different city! I waited over an hour to speak with an unsympathetic customer service rep (as is typically the case) who could offer no acceptable remedies and no explanation other than "they are making many schedule changes at the moment". Once upon a time I loved this airline! I was one of their elite frequent flyer members and flew them almost exclusively. I don't know what went wrong, but over the past decade they have become "a whole different animal" indeed!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  28 January 2015 by S Busby    (USA)

Chicago O'Hare to Denver on January 25th, flight 1067. My flight was delayed 12 hours because they didn't schedule a pilot. Staff were rude and did nothing for passengers who waited all day. Flight that was supposed to leave at 1.55 pm finally left at 1.15 am. I will never fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  26 January 2015 by V Music    (USA)

Used to love Flying Frontier but they have really gone downhill. There were 6 of us flying to Vegas on Jan 4th and meeting 2 other family members from other states. We were ready to leave and my sister checked to make sure our flight was on time, to find out they had cancelled it due to mechanical problems. No email, no phone call, nothing. We found out that they no longer affiliated with other airlines, so we would have to wait and fly out 24 hrs later! We had already paid for a room in Vegas, had 2 people already waiting in Vegas for us, and were only going to be in Vegas for 3 nights so we had to rush and book a flight on Delta. Not to mention that on Frontiers flights you have to pay for carryon luggage, picking your seats, if you want anything to drink. This party of 6 will never fly with Frontier again!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  26 January 2015 by J Golden    (USA)

We were supposed to leave Orlando at 9.30am. I checked the website before we left for the airport and it showed a 30 minute delay. By the time we got to the airport it had been pushed back twice more totalling a 1.5 hour delay. I looked at the screens inside the airport to see where the flight stood before we checked our bags. It showed our flight was on time. We went to the ticket counter to check our bags and there was no mention of a delay. We went through security and made our way to our gate. Still no mention of a delay. At the gate our flight didn't show up but instead they had a flight leaving an hour after our scheduled departure. I made my way to the counter and it was the first time Frontier acknowledged there was a delay. After being told nothing I had to keep checking the website for updates. The flight was pushed to 12.00, then to 3.30, then to 6.30, and eventually to 7.30. I did over hear a couple walking away from the counter saying Frontier was flying a part from Denver to Cleveland hoping that would fix the problem. They couldn't arrange for a plane to take us to Cleveland we had to wait for that same plane. The poor folks in Cleveland were in the same boat we were in Orlando. We rebooked on another airline and I lost track of when, if ever, our original flight left. Last I heard it was delayed 10 hours and counting. They never updated us as we sat waiting and you had to wait an hour plus on the phone to cancel your seat to be eligible for reimbursement. The reimbursement was meagre to say the least. It only covered a fraction of what I paid to fly home.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 January 2015 by M Riddle    (USA)

Flight from Miami to Philadelphia, 1/18 after a cruise. Arrived at airport at 11 am for 8.30 pm flight. Couldn't check in bags until 3 hours before flight. Learned flight delayed until 1 am. Checked in bags at 6 for flight, told flight delayed until 4 am. Frontier was supposed to text delays, but did not. Offered to refund money and cancel our flight, but couldn't reschedule us to leave for 3 days. Arrived for 4 am flight, delayed until 5 because of "security issues with plane". Never explained delays. Last Frontier flight for us.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 January 2015 by Laila Watson-El    (USA)

I used Orbitz.com to buy round trip tickets from Raleigh to Trenton, price was great. No complaints about the flight into Trenton however I was notified hours before it was time to return home that my flight had been cancelled. There were no weather issues, the representative could not tell me why the flight had been cancelled. I explained that I had checked out of the hotel and had nowhere to go, I asked the Frontier representative to connect me with another airline or to cover my hotel expenses and received no assistance whatsoever. The next available flight was 2 days later. I ended up having to stay in a hotel another night and used AMTRAK to return home that morning. I will never use Frontier again, this way of doing business was unexpected and I was totally unprepared. The cheap fare turned out quite costly.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by A Ledgerwood    (USA)

After repeated late and canceled flights, I will no longer fly Frontier. Their ticket prices are cheaper, but if you can't reach your final destination (like I was unable to) then it ends up costing you more in the long run. After a delayed 3 hour flight and missing my connection, I was forced to cancel my trip to Vegas since I couldn't get on another flight for another day and a half! I have never flown on a Frontier flight that has arrived on time yet. Will not use again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Adams Richard    (USA)

Classic Plus

I am a business traveler with over one million lifetime miles spread over several airlines. I am a Frontier Summit member and have had that status over the last several years. In the early days, I found the airline to be of good quality. Under the new management, Frontier has plummeted in my estimation under this guise of "low cost". First, it is not low cost when the "nickel and dime" charges are added in. The under-staffing at my home airport (DIA) and the various regional airports is quite apparent. If one talks to staff or flight attendants, the low morale becomes apparent. Needless to say, I have a few award miles to spend and then it is adiós to Frontier. What a shame that an airline, that was of reasonable quality, has been driven down by these new owners.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Allen Marcia    (USA)

Classic Plus

Came back from Chicago on Monday Dec 29. Was a great flight, arrived into Orlando 10 minutes early, the crew were friendly. Would take Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by N Ben    (USA)

Flew round trip from Trenton to Raleigh for $89. The flight was on time and coming home, I was actually late to my plane and they waited an extra couple minutes to allow me to board. Would definitely use them again. Prices are unbeatable. Complaints are from those expecting a commercial airline. This is a discount airline and you get what you pay for. Our family uses Frontier for business as well and have never had an issue.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Smith Kyle    (USA)

Terrible service. Did not inform us that we have to pay for carry on bags ($35). Not enough staff to help you to check in. Our flight was supposed to board at 5.40. At 5.40 they started boarding a plane going to a different location at our gate. Our flight was supposed to leave at 6.15 and the flight they began to board was leaving at 6.30. We had to stand around and wait to board after their flight left at 6.30. We didn't leave until 7. Very disorganized. Anytime anyone asked what was going on they sent us away with no explanation. It wasn't until after 6 when they informed us of the other plane. Never fly Frontier!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Keith Armstrong    (USA)

Flew on a Saturday, Jan 3, 2015. Flight was delayed in Houston because of "weather". Missed our connection in Denver, Frontier said the next available flight to Seattle was Jan 6th. Would not put us up in hotel. Frontier lied to us, it was a mechanical issue in Bozeman that started it all, that was from the Pilot. Plane finally loaded, but after sitting for 30 mins on runway the pilot told us she had reached her limit on hours, went back to gate and sat for 1 hour before they rescheduled flight to next morning, Frontier didn't pay for hotel rooms. At airport the next morning, Frontier board the plane going to Denver with passengers going to San Francisco, had to de-plane and remove all luggage. Finally took off.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by D Hall    (USA)

This was my first experience with Frontier. Even though I saw bad reviews, I gave them the benefit of the doubt and tried it out. I booked online through Orbitz, and my reservations never made it into the Frontier online system. I could not access my info, so I had to use their 800 number for dealings. I paid $40 to upgrade my seat selection and another $20 for my checked bag at check-in. The only part of their online system that worked was online check-in, but I had to try twice before it actually worked. At my departure, I waited 45 minutes to drop my bag. The customer service was unorganized and rude. Why check and pay ahead of time if I still have to stand in the same line as those who haven't? At the departure gate it got worse. The screen displayed the flight information and they announced boarding, so I naturally proceeded to the line. I was zone 1 and when the agent scanned my boarding pass, he abruptly informed me that this was not my flight. It was in fact, a delayed flight that was supposed to already be in the air. The screen continued to show my flight info and half the people in line were misinformed about where the plane was actually going. We were told that our plane was at the airport and would arrive at the gate once this plane had left. Meanwhile, our captain, co-pilot, and flight attendants were also sitting in the waiting area and had no clue where the plane was. They were laughing and joking (rather loudly) about the delayed status and disorganization of the airline. Everything was very unprofessional. An hour after our scheduled departure, we finally took off. I still have to take my returning flight, so I hope they will redeem themselves. I will never ever book a flight with Frontier again!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by B Heid    (USA)

Terrible airline. Will never fly again. On one of the busiest days of the year, Frontier delayed our departure for almost 4 hours and then cancelled. Since they have no airline affiliations, they couldn't offer any other travel options only option was a flight two days later or refund of ticket. They gave us our money back but it doesn't exactly cover the loss of our vacation planned months in advance. I've learned to always check if the airline has co-operating airlines with which they can rebook passengers.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Lau Kelly    (USA)

This is the first time I took the new version of frontier. The experience is not at all good, not on par with other airlines. I will gladly pay the extra $50 next time to go with a better carrier. My flight was delayed by more than two hours. I only found out about the delay at the airport, when I picked up my boarding pass. Desk agent didn't tell me, you figure it out on your own from the hour-later boarding time on your boarding card. No one at the gate, and the gate monitor said flight on time, for a whole hour while I waited. Then told the flight was delayed another hour. Still Frontier doesn't show the delay. Reason for the delay? None I could find. All the other flights in this concourse were on time. Not a happy customer and I will not be back. I rate even Spirit better than this.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 December 2014 by Deryk Joseph    (USA)

Horrible customer service and lack of empathy for guests flying with them. Flight was scheduled to leave at 12.40 to Georgia, and was delayed until 1.11 pm. Around that boarding time the announcer made another call to let everyone know that the flight would further be delayed until around 4.30 pm due to the incoming aircraft having a cracked windshield. If they were aware of the situation beforehand why lie to the entire crowd of people waiting and expecting the initial delayed flight to depart at 1.11. To further add insult Frontier never offered any service recovery, discounts, fee waiver, etc. Their guest service and accommodations are terrible. Many people were complaining to the staff that they were on a tight schedule for weddings, birthdays, etc and Frontier Airlines did nothing to help myself or those guests. Never again will I be flying with this airline.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  22 December 2014 by S Watkins    (USA)

Trip from Atlanta to Denver. No issues in Atlanta, crew was very nice. In Denver the desk staff were borderline rude and wouldn't acknowledge you unless you use the kiosk to print the boarding pass, but no one was willing to explain how to use the kiosk. Then had to reprint the boarding pass at the kiosk, for unexplained reasons. I want to deal with people not computers. Desk staff was rude in Denver, but flight crew was refreshing. Flight from Atlanta was actually early and return flight was on time.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Morgan Bubel    (USA)

Flight 133, Dec 2, Dallas DFW-Denver DEN. Flight 657, Dec 2, Denver DEN-San Francisco SFO. Very unimpressed. They charge for carry-on bags, which is bad enough, but they actually charge more for carry-ons than checked bags. The employees I encountered were very unfriendly and unhelpful. And lastly, they charge for everything but water. Bad experience overall.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by L Schlotfeld    (USA)

After arriving at Dulles, it took well over an hour to get luggage off loaded from the plane. When we finally found someone who worked for Frontier, they advised that baggage is contracted out at Dulles. We were told that there were only 2 people working baggage, as they had "a bunch of people call in sick." They waited for 3 planes to land and unloaded all 3 planes before sending bags to the carousels. It took so long that the hotel shuttle left and I had to pay for a cab. Return flight, after a 20+ hour international flight, I was told I could not check my luggage through on my final leg until 2 hours before the flight. Family connecting with Delta and Southwest checked their bags immediately. I had to sit in the airport lobby for 5 hours before I could check my 1 bag. I will try to avoid flying Frontier in the future!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by K Klose    (USA)

I am a frequent business traveler and I will never fly Frontier again. Having to pay for carry on luggage is ridiculous. If they are trying to reduce the number of carry-ons, then they should just allow 1 free checked bag. But that wasn't the most frustrating thing. Even though I checked a bag on line and had my printed receipt, I had to re-check the bag at least he kiosk at Denver because, I was told, that was the only way they could print my baggage tag. If that's true, then I'm going to fly an airline with the capability of printing their own baggage tags from this point on!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Miller Kae    (USA)

$30 for a carry on, drinks $2 and up, snacks you also have to pay. I didn't select a seat to upgrade the first time and I was put in the back of the plane. On the way back home I paid for an upgrade seat and it didn't recline back.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  1 December 2014 by A Feregrino    (USA)

I honestly can't complain. We paid for seats that didn't have much legroom. Because they were only $3. I would say we got what we paid for. Nothing was complimentary other than the water. The flight attendants were nice and we got from LAX to Denver right on time. We paid for carry on. We followed the instructions on measurements and weight of our luggage. We had no problems whatsoever.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  25 November 2014 by J Justesen    (USA)

I am a frequent traveler. I booked round trip tickets for two. The first flight was to leave at 6.05 am. We loaded on time but sat on the runway for 2 hours while the computers "rebooted". This delay of course caused us to miss our connection flight in Denver. Causing us to miss much of the first day activities. On our return flight we made it out of LAX on time, on arrival in Denver it appears that our connection flight was on time. 30 min after we landed our flight was delayed for 5+ hours. No explanation was given to us. They did give us $15 food coupons 45 min before all restaurants closed "after we had already paid for our meals". Every gate in the Terminal had an unused plane sitting at it. Not any cheaper " when you count baggage fees" than any other carrier and I have never had so much trouble keeping a schedule. There was no weather in any part of the country by the way. We haven't made it on the delayed flight yet. Entirely possible that we didn't make the 3am flight either. Avoid at all cost.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Y Acklin    (USA)

This was my first time flying Frontier and perhaps my last. My main complaint was assistance for customers with reduced mobility. I am a stroke survivor and was forced to walk up stairs because there was no ramp. The crew offered no help. Also, you could board the plane from either the back or front. It was confusing because people bump into each other trying to store their luggage.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Robert Morris    (USA)

My reservation was lost although they billed my card twice and I had to pay the higher last minute fare. Both flights delayed. They lost my luggage and it was not found for 3 days. There is no on site help desk for lost luggage just a phone number (not toll free) which no one answers after leaving a handful of messages. After returning to the airport the next day, I was told to call the complaint number - it is only open for 3 hours a day and a recording told me there was an hour wait. Fly an airline that is customer centric if you don't want to get surprised like I did.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 November 2014 by P Goler    (USA)

Classic Plus

Frontier should be ashamed of their lack of customer assistance at Chicago ORD on October 31, 2014. The customers were completely aware of the fact that all airlines were not able to land or take off due to heavy winds. That was not the problem. We were frustrated by the fact that nobody showed up at the Frontier gate until 7.30 pm and our flight that was originally scheduled for 4.10 was changed 3 times before a Frontier staff member made an appearance at the gate. On my return flight on November 4, we were expecting to board at 7:10 as stated on the boarding pass, but there was no gate agent available, again. Then, every passenger who had paid to bring carry on luggage was asked to fit their bag into the measurement apparatus at the gate - the delay was ridiculous.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 November 2014 by M Handy    (USA)

Frontier Airlines poor planning in notifying its passengers in a timely manner is ridiculous. Frontier waited until 6.30 am to make an announcement to its passengers about the flight being delayed due to crew rest. Boarding time was scheduled for 7.10 and flight schedule to leave 7.45 am moved to 8.55 am. So why didn't the airline notify customers via phone (text) or email concerning this change so that passengers could have stayed at their hotels or homes little longer. Why ask for phone number when check in online if you not going to use for that purpose. Ridiculous Frontier Airlines and inconsiderate of your customers.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  11 November 2014 by Joan Bryant    (USA)

Flew Frontier Denver to Seattle - Oct 7 - Oct 22. Both flights were great! Love online check in - member of Rewards Club so $15 bag. I think the problems that others may experience are back east more than the original Frontier areas. Has some very decent employees. Enjoyed the flights and will travel with them again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2014 by C Shanks    (USA)

Three of us travelled round trip on Frontier between Washington Dulles and Fort Myers, Florida. Our experience was excellent. Frontier was not only $100 cheaper per ticket than any other airline flying the same route, but it was also the only airline offering direct service. We opted not to reserve seats to save money, yet when we checked in Frontier assigned us seats together. Usually when traveling each of us would have brought a separate carry on bags but because Frontier charges for carry on as well as checked bags, we opted to share a large checked bag for the same cost as a single carryon. Boarding was orderly, the plane clean, the crew pleasant, and the flight was on time. We definitely will use Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by L Morin    (USA)

I'm a frequent flyer so for me to say that this is by far the worst airline I have ever traveled on is quite accurate. Where do I even begin? After purchasing a ticket that was supposed to have one free bag checked, I was told at check in that I'd have to pay $25 to check in my bag. In addition, I was told had to either pay $35 for my carry on or get it checked in for $30. Are you kidding me? That's already 3/4 my ticket. Then I arrive at the gate just to find out there was a delay. Not to mention, the customer service was rude and made us wait 30 minutes in line to check in. Please, if you care about your money and time, do not fly with this airline. They rip you off completely and are shameless about it. Please spare yourself the trouble.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by David Stanley    (USA)

Drove to Chicago on 10/24 and paid for a hotel to be at O'Hare by 5am, 10/25 for a 7.30 direct flight to Cancun. Due to a scratch on the nose of the plane that we were told would take 45 minutes to fix, we waited and waited until finally leaving at 5.30pm. Instead of being at our resort by 1pm we arrive there after 10pm. While delays can be expected with any airline, a 10 hour delay was ridiculous. The gate agents were rude and aside from a food coupon for each passenger they did nothing. Our vacation was cut short by an entire day. The agents announced that if we wanted to complain to call the travel agency. I will avoid Frontier. We've flown extensively and again, delays happen. But not 10 hours and if it did happen, I'd think they would do more than give you an attitude and a cheesy food voucher. Very disappointed.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  31 October 2014 by J Tay    (USA)

Just flew SLC - Denver. Paid extra for classic plus which was to include early seating, extra leg room, free checked bag and carry on and one free alcohol drink and other drinks free. Guess what: after 22nd of this month - no free drinks. "Didn't I get the email?" How can Frontier just take away something I paid extra for? Will avoid this airline if at all possible.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Michael Kliot    (Israel)

My Frontier flight was scheduled about 3 hours after a long intercontinental flight to Denver supposed landing and I was really scared after reading all bad reviews. However the experience was very nice. We did not do online check-in, but it took literally 1 minute to check-in on the counter. When making a reservation, I paid for carry- on items instead of check-in. When I found that out, I called and wrote to customer service and they told I'll be able to check my item in, and so it was. The staff were helpful, the flight departed and landed without delays. When we landed, one of the bags was damaged (which,I think, is not airline responsibility). We went to Frontier representatives in Bozeman airport (it was around 11 pm),and they just brought us a new bag. You have to pay for carry-on and check-in baggage and drinks, but the ticket price is still good.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Michael Grunewald    (USA)

Arrived two hours early for a flight from O'Hare to Dulles. We had pre-printed our boarding passes and paid for our additional checked luggage. We simply need to check the luggage at the counter. Our party of five - along with several others, were redirected out of the line to some type of "domestic" holding area as they attended to an international flight. About a half hour into our wait, the redirection stopped. However, those of us in the holding area were left to stand there for another half an hour without further direction. There must have been twenty travelers that arrived well after we did that found their way in front of us in a very long line. My son- in-law took matters into his own hands, as it was obvious that the Frontier service reps had no intention of returning for us. Had it not been for his negotiating with the people in line, we all might still be sitting there. Upon arrival at our destination, we sat at the gate for a half an hour before de-boarding. Despite this wait, we waited an additional 40 minutes for luggage to begin flowing at the baggage claim. I am a well seasoned traveler for both business and pleasure. This was my first experience with this airline, and it will certainly be my last. I would never fly this airline again!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Victoria Farahan    (USA)

Unpleasant staff; unwilling to assist in any way, expensive baggage fees including carry-on, old planes with broken seats, extra charge for a soft drink, and the list goes on. The price of the ticket was not any cheaper than any other airline, but the service and lack of customer care made it a very negative experience across the board. Especially for a handicap passenger or anyone with special needs it is a bad choice to fly Frontier!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Erb Steven    (USA)

My wife and I flew from Denver to Minneapolis. They changed our seats at the last minute by calling us up to the counter. We argued to no avail. Rude agent says they don't have to explain. We were reassigned seats to the back of the plane and separated. I will never fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Mary Motcheck    (USA)

Due to storms our flight was over 30 minutes late leaving Atlanta. Knowing that we only had 35 minutes to make our connection, I expressed my concern to two of the flight attendants on the plane before take-off. They assured me that due to flights being late that it shouldn't be a problem making our connection since the tower was aware. We arrived 15 minutes after our connecting flight left. We were offered stand-by on the last flight to Phoenix along with 10 other passengers. We were told that there were no seats available the next day and would have to fly stand-by on any of the flights to Phoenix on Tuesday. We were confirmed for a flight on Wednesday. This was unacceptable since we had to return to work on Wednesday. When I asked if we would be provided with food and hotel vouchers I was informed that it wasn't Frontier's fault and that we would not be given any form of compensation. Taking matters into our own hands, we chose to fly into Las Vegas and rented a car to make the 5.5 hour drive home. I was told that flights cannot be held yet as I sat waiting for the stand-by flight I witnessed Flt 583 to Salt Lake City at 7.05pm being held for a flight that had arrived late at the gate next to it. I have been flying for 40 years. I have seen a drastic decline in the quality of air travel over the years. To go from getting a hot meal on the plane to having to pay for a can of soda. The lack of compassion from Frontier's customer service center is disturbing to say the least. I wasn't even offered a discount voucher for a hotel as I was told I should have been. It's a shame that the customers who pay for a service are treated with disrespect.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Lani Nickell    (USA)

My daughter has flown Frontier Airlines from Seattle to Denver to Bismarck and back on several occasions, so I should have known better. Her flights were almost always late, and there were several times they were late enough for her to miss her connections to Seattle or to Bismarck. Still, the cheaper fare wooed me. Well, after leaving 45 minutes late on my flight to Denver and 3 hours late from Denver, I am no longer interested in the savings. Goodbye, Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Dayle Dooley    (USA)

Like some of the folks here I questioned my sanity for booking Frontier after reading the reviews! But it was the only non-stop to Denver from Reagan National. I was pleasantly surprised, OK so my standards are not that high but was more then comparable to US Airways I normally fly to Florida. As another reviewer said read the rules. There was a woman on the Denver to DC was arguing about the size of her carry-on, at least this airline sticks to their guns about the size allowed.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Bambulas Thomas    (USA)

My family and I recently traveled using Frontier Airlines. I must say the ticketing counter staff Frontier has are the most incompetent representatives I have ever seen. We arrived at the desk approximately 90 minutes prior to flight. We had our tickets and baggage all previously taken care of online. We stood inline for 45 minutes waiting to just get our baggage checked and placed on the conveyor belt, while the only representative spent this entire time with one customer ahead of us. When we finally got to the desk we were informed it was too late to send our bags to the plane. After attempting to explain we have been waiting the representative charged an additional $225. then put us on a flight 12 hours later, which created a domino affect with our rental car and hotel being cancelled for a no-show. I am disappointed with our service and trip therefore I warn others to look elsewhere for air travel.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by F Ramirez    (USA)

Flying from Ft. Lauderdale to Cleveland on 9/28/14. Flight was supposed to leave at 8:00 PM. At the airport flight posted a delay to 11:30 PM. Good weather. Flight then posted to 10.30. Got something to eat just outside terminal. At 9:30 went to gate. Fight cancelled with no announcement and nobody at the gate. Found all the passengers at the check in. Only two employees and one line. No alternative fights until Wednesday. Missed my appointments and had to forfeit the return fight on another airline. Buyer Beware. Read all the bad reviews.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Nicole Page    (USA)

Charlotte, NC (CLT) to Washington Dulles, DC (IAD). Sep 19 2014 - Sep 21 2014. Beware: Extra fees. You will have to pay for you carry on going to the city you are traveling to and on the way back $25-35. Staff are extremely unprofessional and I do not recommend this airline to anyone.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by K Senecal    (USA)

We flew Frontier from Tampa to Denver and back again on 9-17 to 9-26. I had read reviews, thought I was insane while booking and decided to get familiar with the rules and regulations posted on their website. We used the check in baggage after signing up with early rewards and it cost us $15.00 each way per checked in luggage. Had no problem toting a decent sized bag on board as our "personal" item. Seating was $3.00 each way - still not a lot to pay to have a seat on board together. Thought the flight crew was rather bland on the flight to Denver our return trip was the complete opposite. I totally enjoyed all the jokes both by the pilot as well as the rest of the crew! Very relaxing flight. That being said I would definitely, without a doubt let Frontier take me where I need to go in the future.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 September 2014 by D Lundberg    (USA)

Surprised by all the fees. Their ticket price is deceptive as Frontier charges for carry on and seat assignments and provides nothing in the cabin for economy. Website charged x2 for a single carry on. Dropped the second passenger for return trip. Could not get boarding pass online or at the airport check in device. Had to wait for the staff to show up. Absolutely no chance of getting through to a person at the 800 number tried x3, minimum wait was 34 minutes (they said). Minimum leg room. Passenger in front could not recline seat all the way without breaking my legs, which she tried several times. The single plus of the experience was the cabin crew. They were fine both ways. But flying is too much of a hassle to put up with the likes of Frontier's bait and switch, and poor communications. We actually paid more once all the extra fees were added in. Will be willing to pay a lot more to avoid Frontier in the future. Plus the aircraft we flew in were extremely old Airbus 320s. The 320 went into service 26 years ago.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 September 2014 by T Bambulas    (USA)

I arrived with my family to fly to Atlanta GA. We arrived with more than enough time to check our baggage and make the scheduled flight. There were two representatives when we arrived, one representative just closed his site and walked away, leaving only one person to service the remaining passengers. The lady left alone was very slow helping one customer which lead to the remaining passengers being left without enough time to process their baggage. When we got to the desk she informed us that it was too late and she would have to reschedule our flight. We tried to explain that we have been waiting in line for at least 20 minutes and there was more than enough time if they were properly staffed. She just apologized and rescheduled our flight for an all night red eye flight that will leave us short on time if not late for the graduation we planned to attend. She also charged us $75 each totalling $225. This was my first attempt to use Frontier Airlines, as of now I will never use this airline again. I now see why they are rated number two in airlines with the most complaints.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 September 2014 by A Nelson    (USA)

There will be additional fees. You will have to pay for your baggage (both checked and carry-on). Your seat will not be guaranteed unless you pay a minimum of $8 to select your seat. Frontier has a strategy of overbooking, presumably to ensure full flights. Every day, groups of these extra passengers are forced into later flights. "Check-in is 45 minutes prior to departure" means that you will be charged $75 and forced into the next flight if you do not check-in 45 minutes prior to departure. Frontier is the only airline that pulls their employees from the check-in counter and shuts down their check-in computers 45 minutes before departure to ensure that you will not be allowed in if you arrive late. I was running late to my flight this morning and called Frontier's 1-800 number at the suggestion of the friendly JetBlue check-in folks, as Frontier's counter had recently been abandoned. I manoeuvred my way through the expected automated system, and finally reached a woman who handled my situation with the patience and understanding of a grizzly woken from hibernation. I was interrupted and rudely instructed to be quiet and listen to the rules before rebooking my flight. By the way this airline treats its passengers, I should not have expected their employees to be any happier. Frontier employs bait-and-switch policies to maintain the "cheap ticket" reputation. In reality, Frontier's customers are not presented with an honest estimate of the cost of their travel at checkout. My conclusion is that the service one receives from other airlines is well worth the additional 20% in initial ticket costs. You will end up paying that much more to Frontier anyway.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  20 September 2014 by T Phillips    (USA)

I have flown Frontier many times over the past several years. My last flight with the company will be my last! I flew economy class knowing that I would have to pay extra for checked and carry on luggage. Prior to my trip, I used Frontier's website to determine the acceptable dimensions of a carry on bag. I then measured the bag I intended to take. It was within the guidelines provided on the website. I paid to check one bag, and proceeded to the gate to board the flight. Just prior to boarding, the gate attendant required me to place my carry on bag in a little box to ensure that it was of proper size. It did not fit by less than a 1/4 of an inch in the length. They immediately charged me $50.00 for the carry on. I have flown with this same carry on bag for many years, it has even taken several trips on Frontier and fits perfectly under the seat. Needless to say, because of this experience, I will pay a little extra to fly on Southwest and/or United, at least then I will know exactly what its going to cost me before I leave the house!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  20 September 2014 by R Atkins    (USA)

I recently flew from Dulles to Atlanta and back, and for the most part, it was a pleasant experience. I have flown AirTran more often than another airline, and Frontier is comparable. I bought my tickets directly from Frontier, about 4 months in advance. I paid $20 for a carry on, $15 for an exit-row seat, and $3 to choose my seat at time of purchase (twice, coming and going), and my total round-trip fare with fees was $198, so if I had not paid the extra fees, it would have been $122. In reading the reviews here, I see that many people buy their tickets from third party sites (Orbitz, etc.) and are surprised by the "hidden fees" when they reach the gate. I really think that they have only themselves to blame. First, every time you fly, you should check the airline's website for their policies; the fees are very clear on Frontier's site. I think even the third-party sites tell you to check the airline's site. I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for people who make assumptions and then become indignant when their assumptions don't match reality. I also read below that the flight attendants wouldn't help lift luggage because of "policy." On both my flights, the staff were very helpful with luggage, so clearly it's either not a policy or one that not all attendants heed. The only minor complaint I have about Frontier was that both flights were late to take off by about 20-30 min. There seemed to be no particular reason for the delay. I didn't have a connecting flight, so I didn't care, but it might be useful info.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  20 September 2014 by Robert Cobb    (USA)

Never mind extra fee's! How about no show flights! Recently stranded in Milwaukee, flight 996 - Milwaukee to Trenton. Arrived 4 hours early for the flight and saw on status board that the flight was cancelled. Went to ticket counter and no one was there, when staff showed up for work I addressed them with the problem and was told a matter of factly that the flight was cancelled. I was treated like a fool and no one - not one Frontier rep cared that we didn't have a ride home. I had to rent a car and drive to Trenton from Milwaukee. Do not fly with this airline, they will strand you and leave you to fend for yourself.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by C Stangis    (USA)

Frontier used to be a solid budget airline and living in Denver I was comfortable using them. I must admit that the last month I've told many how my wife was recently treated. To start they are getting very skimpy on extras so she found out that her bag check would cost $35 when she got to the airport. This all but kills the advantage they have over United for 'cost' though if she had known earlier she would have bag checked to save money. More important though was the way that, first, the agent at the gate treated her about how she should have checked after she obviously didn't know about the fee. It was more of a "it's your fault" thing. Then she explained that she is recovering from shoulder surgery to the agent who told her to discuss this with a flight attendant and they will "Assist". Unfortunately when she boarded the less than helpful person said "Well, you should have bag checked if you have an issue lifting your bag and then told her per policy she couldn't help," My wife is very kind when speaking and pretty tough but the really rough attitudes had her crying. I'm sorry but I fly a lot and will do anything in my power to never fly them again and I live where the hub is.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by I Eval    (Nigeria)

Classic Plus

I took time to read the reviews of previous passengers of Frontier Airlines and if I had relied solely on what I had read, I would not have bought tickets. I disregarded the reviews, read all the requirements for baggage fees and seating costs and bought tickets for my daughter and I. Did round trip from Baltimore to Florida and back. It was a pleasant experience. The staff were extremely polite and helpful. Even after paying for luggage, seats and hand luggage, the total fare was less than most airlines, if not all. I will definitely fly with them again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by B Richards    (USA)

We arrived 90 minutes prior to our flight and (despite discrepancies in their fee structure from what their website stated) we made it to our gate trouble free. Only then did we find out that our flight was delayed by 2 hours because the co-pilot didn't show up (come to find out they had known for hours but didn't update their system so we woke up at 2.00am for nothing). They told us we would make our connecting flight despite the delay, which was an impossibility given the schedule. Of course, we missed our connecting flight and Frontier representatives were unhelpful and unapologetic. No one can tell us where our luggage is or when we will get home. Other carriers have open seats going to our destination but Frontier refuses to buy us a ticket. The next seat they can "promise us" will be 24+ hours after we arrived here!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  10 September 2014 by Paul Leroue    (USA)

Classic Plus

Another Frontier flight where the TV's don't work. On the way out from Denver today no TV and on the way back from Los Angeles tonight the same problem. Planes are as dirty as I have ever seen them. What happened to my favorite short run airline. I'm a Summit member who can't believe how quickly things have gone bad. Date of flight 9/6/14.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by M Goerndt    (USA)

We will not fly Frontier again. My husband and I bought our tickets through cheaptickets.com and picked Frontier because it had a non-stop flight to our destination, and because they had the cheapest fare by about $20 a ticket. We were only going to be gone a short time, so we both packed a carry-on so we could avoid paying to check a bag. When we checked in for our flight we found out that we would have to pay $35 for each carry-on! We thought Frontier was ridiculous to charge so much (if at all) for carry-ons when no other airline we've flown with charge for that. Also, Frontier charges almost $2.00 for a can of soda or juice. You only get one free cup of water, after that the price goes up to the same as for a soda. Frontier lures it's customers into buying airfare by offering tickets that seem to be the lowest priced, but then rob you with all the hidden fees. Frontier also has its flight attendants pitch a credit card offer to the passengers during the flight. I know that it is their job to do so, but I found it extremely annoying. Although the flight attendants were friendly, it does not make up for the feeling of being robbed. I will give Frontier a point for the flight attendants being friendly, and a point for it being a non-stop flight.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by A Robinson    (USA)

My husband and I arrived 55 minutes prior our 10.13 flight from Seattle to Denver on Labor Day. When we arrived to the ticket counter we saw a small sign that stated that a Frontier representative would not arrive until 11am and to use the nearby kiosks. We attempted to use the kiosks but the system stated that due to our late arrival we would need to speak with a Frontier representative. Since there was no representative at the ticket counter, we had no way to check in for boarding. When we call customer service they let us know that there was no way we would make our flight but Frontier would graciously charged an additional $150 to place us on another flight. We then were charged $50 for our 1 carry on bag.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by M Key    (USA)

My daughter needed a ticket from Dallas, TX to Minot, ND. There are only 4 airlines that go to Minot. When we started looking at prices, Frontier offered the one-way flight for a total of $174, which included a lay-over in Denver, CO. Regarding the "nickel and dime" tactics - I actually appreciate them! It provides the option of taking the services for an additional cost, or leaving them and saving some cash. The day before the flight we checked in online. During this check-in process, I added a checked bag for $15. The option was there to select a seat for $3-$25, but we opted out of the choosing. We printed the receipt for the bag, the boarding passes, and a receipt. The flight was scheduled to deport at 2.15pm so we arrived at DFW at 11.30 to make sure we had time should any issue arise. When we walked up to the ticket counters, a Frontier service agent was standing by the kiosks to provide assistance. Since I had printed my boarding passes, she directed me to a counter clerk who was checking bags of passengers who did not need to check-in at the counter. The checked bag weighed 50.5 lbs. They checked the bag. I asked about my daughters purse/bag to make sure we would not have a problem with it being too large to count as the free personal bag. She assured me it was fine. Both agents were friendly. This entire process so far had taken 5 minutes. The plane arrived to the gate, boarded, and took off on time from DFW to Denver. I asked my daughter about the seats and such and she said it was the same as most other flights she has been one. She did take her iPad with movies on it and watched that during the flight. Landed in Denver on time. The Denver to Minot flight arrived, boarded, and departed on time. She had a smooth flight, the flight was relatively uneventful and arrived in Minot 5 minutes early. After getting off of the plane, it took her about 20 minutes to get her luggage and she was on her way out of the airport! Overall, a budget airline with great prices.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by C Cook    (USA)

We flew Frontier for the first and last time this weekend. We purchased our tickets online with the assumption we could carry on our bags for the weekend. We were charged $60 each way. This was not disclosed when we purchased our tickets through Expedia. We were not able to sit together as the selection online required more payment to select our seats to "upgrade" in which we were not even upgrading, we just wanted to choose our seats. They now even charge for a pop. We fly 1-3 times per year. Just charge what you want up front (offer discounts for those who have no luggage which would probably be one in thousands) so people know what the total bill will be. It is very deceitful and unfair practice to get more money when it's advertised as the lowest fare etc.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by J Flynt    (USA)

Frontier seems to be doing their very best to consistently frustrate and anger the people who fly with them. My first experience, I was stuck in Denver for 18 hours due to cancellations and delayed flights. Then, when I requested another flight, staff did absolutely nothing to help me switch my flight, book a different flight, or even refund my original ticket. They had me on the next available flight at 9.30 am the next morning, (which would have been a 29 hour layover). I ended up just booking another ticket, with another airline, to fly to out. I understand weather causes delays, but at least work with the travelers to accommodate them on different flights/airlines or give them hotel/food vouchers to help. It was ridiculous. The next experience (and hopefully the last), I had to fly on a different date than the date on my ticket. They tried to charge $450 dollars to change the date by two days, even though I had just purchased the ticket a few hours earlier that day. They refused to refund the ticket, (it would be issued as "credit" for a different ticket) and wanted to charge me an additional $75 dollars to cancel the ticket. The airline employers are extremely rude. The line was long, the travelers were getting frustrated, while the only two workers did everything in their power to take as long as they possibly could. They denied military checked bags, (even though I had travel orders) because I had 3 of them and the girl was too lazy to tag them. I demanded to speak to a supervisor and was able to get them all checked for free. Will do everything in my power to not fly with this airline again. Even if I have to pay 50 bucks more for United, it still comes out even since I don't have to pay $35 to bring a carryon.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2014 by J Balloue    (USA)

Worst airline experience. The employees are rude and snotty, they airline charges you for everything. $15 to pick your seats for a family of 4 that's $60, $30 for a carry on, $25 for each 1st checked bag, $4 for water no free refreshments here. I can't understand how they stay in business. If you want a roomier seat that's $30. On take off there were unsecure bins in the galley so when the plane pitched up there was a loud crash. We flew this airline because it was the one Priceline recommended for our trip. They took an hour to get everyone's checked luggage to baggage claim. Save yourself the headache, pay a little more and fly a real airline carrier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Alison Dunnebecke    (USA)

Classic Plus

Flight 754 on 8/17/2014 from Sky Harbor to DIA. They have all these rules about when we are to check in etc but when we get there to check in where are they? The Sky Harbor ticket counter was horrible. Not only did we have to wait on them for 15+ minutes when they did show up they sauntered like they had all day. No comments to anyone about our wait. We happened to be first and actually got our bags tagged after the sixth person in line behind us. The gal "helping" us was rude and I swear moving as slow as she could. Maybe I should not have said anything about being there first! I have over 200k frequent flyer miles-Southwest here I come!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Julie Lawler Simpson    (USA)

I have been flying Frontier Airlines for years. Not anymore. Both flights had broken down planes. My flight out of Milwaukee had a flat tyre. There was only 1 maintenance person on duty. They had to call another in to help fix the tyre. Our flight to Denver was delayed 2.5 hours. Of course our connecting flight was gone once we landed in Denver and there were no other flights available. Frontier shuttled everyone to a hotel for the night. On the way back home my flight from Denver to Milwaukee also had a broken plane. Flight delayed by 2 hours because we had to wait for a plane from Los Angeles. I have flown almost every US airline and this is the worst.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by G Temkin    (USA)

What you get on Frontier Airlines is one glass of water free. Everything else costs something and all those something's are so under par that the whole Frontier Experience becomes a terrible experience and a costly one. You really don't get a carry on, unless it's as big as an old computer case. Customer service will split up families and try to seat two year olds from their mother, and they don't follow through with handicap assistance. I found the whole Frontier Experience not one to do again. I advise you to get a credit card with baggage allowances and fly those airlines. They are better and cheaper. I forgot about my credit cards but I won't forget again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by N Chavarria    (USA)

Thunderstorms in Denver are common and although they cause delays, the delays are typically limited to 45-60 mins. We flew from Milwaukee to Denver to Santa Ana and back the same way. Our flights were all on time, and even arrived a little early each destination. All of the staff were very friendly, from the people at the check-in counter, the flight crew and even pilots. The check-in counter people were very accommodating to our family with two small children. My husband is a veteran and with his military ID they gave us free checked bags, and also even upgraded one of our flights to stretch seating! This was a very appreciated surprise! This was definitely an excellent experience flying with Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by C Iorg    (USA)

Was set to fly out on a Friday to Denver then Bozeman from Atlanta. ATL airport had a fire in a tram which shut down passenger travel between concourses. Long story short, we were stranded in a tunnel. I wasn't worried as I told my wife and kids that the airport is shut down, so our flight will be delayed. I am not exaggerating when I tell you that the monitor had every flight delayed but the Frontier flight, it took off without us and several other people. I still thought, "It's ok, they will get us out to Denver to catch our connecting somehow." I was incredibly let down as the airline did nothing to help us, just put us on a flight 3 days later. They didn't offer any apologies, made no efforts to fix the problem. To make it worse, they redirected our bags from Bozeman back to Atlanta on a Saturday. Of course, the bags did not make it to ATL. Another 2 and half hour conversation with Frontier - more rudeness. I got a security guard in Bozeman to get a luggage woman to finally locate our bags and hold them for us. It took me 15 minutes what Frontier couldn't do in 2 days.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by K Fjelstad    (USA)

Trying to get home to Orange County, CA from Orlando. Flight was scheduled for Monday but I tried to grab an earlier flight. Frontier had zero flights leaving until Monday. On Monday as I arrived at the airport I was notified the flight had been changed to 5.48 am the following day. I was given a hotel voucher. A few hours later I happened to be walking past ticketing and noticed my flight to Denver was now showing 11.48 pm same day (in a few hours). I asked if the flight at 5.48 am tomorrow was still on schedule. She said no that now tonight's 11.48pm flight. No one called or emailed me letting me know about the change. I asked if I could fly the 7.45 am flight next day instead of this 11.48 pm flight. Was told no, it's full. When asked if they could try to change my connecting flight time in Denver from 2 pm to something a little earlier, they said they didn't know how to do that. I was traveling with a 9 year old and they didn't put us together. I look forward to my 12 hour lay over in Denver now. Will never fly this awful airline again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Z Wymore    (USA)

Excellent service. I flew to Nashville from Montana round trip I have no complaints that's over 4 thousand miles with frontier. We had a delay in Denver but that will happen with all the top notch planes as well.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by S Kang    (USA)

I am a medical student in Omaha and took a quick trip out to Durango with friends. The airplane broke down before the scheduled departure, the mechanic was not available, I missed my connection in Denver and have been here for the last 24-27 hours. Apparently Frontier does not work with other airlines - or other airlines don't work with Frontier. The two men at the gate where I was on standby were less than courteous, the ladies at the customer desk were nice but unhelpful. They have no way of checking to make sure that my luggage arrived in Omaha either. For a company that nickels and dimes its customers for seat assignments, carry-ons, etc. it sure isn't making itself seem worth the money. Just save yourself the headache and fly another airline.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by A Dunnebecke    (USA)

Classic Plus

Flying from Phoenix to Denver. Frontier has all these rules about when passengers need to check in but it is ok to make us wait 15-20 minutes to check our bags. The staff come sauntering down to the ticket counter, no apologies and no welcomes. My husband and I were the first ones there, had checked in and reprinted our boarding passes and ready to go. Did a ticket agent ask who was there first. Of course not and then we ended up waiting while they dealt with six groups before we were taken care of. When I said we were there first I got the evil eye and then had to wait until the agent got to us and deal with her snarky attitude. I swear that cost us even more time. When I tried to call customer service the edit time is 35 minutes. Guess I am not the only one with issues. I have 200k miles in my frequent flyer program. Guess I will have to be desperate to us those. Southwest here I come.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Monica Camous    (USA)

Thunderstorms in Denver are common and although they cause delays, the delays are typically limited to 45-60 mins. My flight from STL to DEN was delayed 2 hrs, then 4 hrs, I wasn't worried as my layover for my flight to SEA was 5 hrs. When we arrived in DEN, we were informed that flight was delayed 6 hours (leaving at midnight as opposed to 6 pm. The plane arrived but the outgoing crew had left. They changed the flight until 1.45 am and finally cancelled the flight, stranding all 150 passengers in the airport. No rooms offered, no meals offered, not even a toothbrush!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Tina Snow    (USA)

Flew from SLC to Denver then to Puerto Vallarta. First flew with small children all separated from parents when asked to change seats was told by a very rude stewardess that we had to stay in assigned seats. What person flying wants to sit next to someone else's crying two year old? Then the stewardess had the nerve to talk to other passengers about us, very unprofessional. Pay the extra fly Delta.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  12 August 2014 by A Mccook    (USA)

Classic Plus

Flew in and out of Trenton from St. Augustine. A little nervous after reading review, however, our experience was great. I didn't go in with high expectations and was very pleased with the outcome. First, we flew Classic Plus, which allowed more leg room (my son is 6'3" and needs extra space). This allowed us to check a bag each and have carry on for free (in addition to the allowed personal item). The seats were roomy and comfy. The staff at each airport was friendly (we arrived 1.5 hours before the flight with boarding passes printed at home as instructed). Had read horrible reviews of Trenton, but found it very nice, though small. Restrooms available at the gate, a nice little eatery upstairs (before security). If you plan well and read the fine print, you should have no complaints. It was 100 times better than my latest flight on United to Newark last month.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  12 August 2014 by K Koprulu    (USA)

Flight Cleveland Hopkins to Fort Lauderdale. Flight was delayed already when we got there because of domino effect of previous flights. It was delayed even more when previous delayed flight to Atlanta had a bad tyre which delayed theirs and our flight by one hour. Total delay time for our flight more than 2.5 hours. A lot of people are leaving negative reviews because they never read the small print. Use your common sense a $30 flight is not going to include baggage fees. Plane was airbus A320 featuring fin the tiger shark. Seats were very uncomfortable and needed new cushions. No IFE. Crew was friendly and we received free drinks for late time. I expected this from a cheap airline so that's why the review is not too negative.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 August 2014 by J McCarron    (USA)

I've flown 8 times with Frontier airlines and I couldn't be happier with their service. The flights were laid back and quiet. Once I even lost my boarding pass after I went through the security checkpoint. The lady at the terminal was very nice, understanding and knowledgeable. After verifying my identity, with a few clicks at a computer she printed me out another pass and I was able to catch my flight without a problem. They've never lost any of my luggage either. The inflight crew were always very nice and quick to respond to questions and concerns. The only down-side I could find is that you can only buy in-flight refreshment with a credit card - no cash.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Timothy McLachlan    (USA)

Each time, if you are in the front three rows, the crew restrict usage of the overhead in preference to the people not already boarded. This usually means that we end up putting their bag further down the plane and the first three bins usually end up not full, and people boarding further back of the plane end up using the bins. It is illogical and rude to the passengers already boarded. Now we have to wait to go down the plane to get our bags. It makes now sense. Frontier, you have lost me with your ridiculous policy.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Beth Campbell    (USA)

July 29, 2014 was flying from Minneapolis to Idaho Falls one stop in Denver. Ladies at the ticket check in said the flight was overbooked due to weather and we would not make the connecting flight until Aug 3. After 2 hours of going back and forth talking to them about options which they were unwilling to help with we asked how many seats were available, well we found out 6 or 7 so why could we not go on our assigned flight? We arrived in Denver the flight to Idaho Falls was delayed and yes there were seats available their too. So why did the ticket ladies not just let us check-in in the first place?? It would have saved us 2 hours of stress. I'll never fly with them again!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by J Meyers    (USA)

Plane departed and returned to the gate three times while in Atlanta due to a warning light. On the fourth try the plane took off - now 5 hours late. Connections were missed in Denver by nearly everyone on the plane, resulting in a mass of unhappy yelling customers. Options presented by Frontier were to wait for the next flight - in 48 hours - or get booked on a different airline with additional legs and a long layover. Frontier offered a hotel voucher for what ended up being a 3 hour stay and meal vouchers, which were not usable at 1 am. Through this I had a toddler with me who became exhausted and dehydrated. Never again will I consider Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by K West    (USA)

I had no problems with my flights (PDX-CVG via Denver) either with Frontier's service, personnel, or my expectations. It strikes me that most of the people posting really bad reviews didn't read the information Frontier provides when purchasing a ticket. Frontier is exactly what it says it is, basically an al a carte airline. My flights were on time, the staff was professional and courteous. Check in online and print your boarding passes at home and you'll have no problems at the gate.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by K LaRoche    (USA)

Classic Plus

I've flown Frontier numerous times and never had a problem except once my luggage was on a later flight. Minor inconvenience, and it was returned to me at 2am the next morning. It happens with any airline. The staff have always been friendly and attentive. I guess there's always a first time, but I still plan to fly with Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Beth Campbell    (USA)

My sisters and I went to Minneapolis. We left Idaho Falls, flight 446 and 120 on July 25, 2014. Flights went smoothly and staff were nice. July 29 2014, on our return, flights 115 and 447. We arrived at the Frontier counter to check in and were told a tornado hit Denver and all seats were taken and no seats available until Aug 3 2014 so we could get a refund that night. In a panic we checked other airlines to Idaho Falls, we could get another flight the next morning Delta or United. We asked the Frontier counter to help us book a flight, they said they could not help us, either a refund or travel Aug 3. We were about to ask for our refund when my brother in law suggested we try again to get to Denver, options were better there to get to Idaho Falls and cheaper. The ladies at the counter said they could not help us, we asked if their were seats available on flight 115, finally they said yes there were seats available but we would miss the flight to Idaho Falls. We told them we would take our chances since the flight going to Denver was delayed 1 hour maybe the flight to Idaho Falls would also be delayed, they would not assign us seats to Idaho Falls just to Denver, only check our baggage to Denver, which we opted to carry on. We barely arrived at the gate for flight 115 after 2 hours of fighting with staff at the check in counter as they were boarding. Staff on the flight were very nice and apologetic. Flight 447 was delayed due to weather as we expected and had to wait for seating assignments just as they were boarding. Boarded the plane and again their were a few empty seats. Arrived in Idaho Falls only 30 minutes later than the scheduled arrival time! Had we not insisted that staff get us on flight 115 we would still be in Minnesota.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Greg Broom    (USA)

I arrive with more than 40 minutes to spare for my flight from Trenton to Raleigh. Due to a website issue I was unable to print out a proper boarding pass. Upon arrival the kiosk would not allow me to print my pass as it was under the 45 minute deadline, a deadline that I have never encountered in all my years of flying. The Frontier reps at the counter were of no help and were quite hostile to my (and the 7 other passengers) complaints. They are essentially running a racket. Trenton airport is small and the time to the gate from the ticket counter would have been 5 minutes or less. Yet, Frontier asks (though I have yet to see this information anywhere other than the Trenton ticket counter) you arrive a full 2 hours before a flight to get a boarding pass. My flight was at 6.25 this morning. It was an absurd experience and easily the worst I have ever encountered flying.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Enzo Scifo    (USA)

I can only speak to our experience on Frontier and it was good. Flew from Cincinnati to Punta Cana, DR on a chartered vacation flight in July 2014. Non -stop. 1 free checked back, carry on and soda. Food was extra. Both round trip flights started boarding early, left on time, and arrived a few minutes early. I would fly Frontier again if the price was right and departure times made sense.