Frontier Airlines Passenger Reviews and Frontier Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by J Flynt    (USA)

Frontier seems to be doing their very best to consistently frustrate and anger the people who fly with them. My first experience, I was stuck in Denver for 18 hours due to cancellations and delayed flights. Then, when I requested another flight, staff did absolutely nothing to help me switch my flight, book a different flight, or even refund my original ticket. They had me on the next available flight at 9.30 am the next morning, (which would have been a 29 hour layover). I ended up just booking another ticket, with another airline, to fly to out. I understand weather causes delays, but at least work with the travelers to accommodate them on different flights/airlines or give them hotel/food vouchers to help. It was ridiculous. The next experience (and hopefully the last), I had to fly on a different date than the date on my ticket. They tried to charge $450 dollars to change the date by two days, even though I had just purchased the ticket a few hours earlier that day. They refused to refund the ticket, (it would be issued as "credit" for a different ticket) and wanted to charge me an additional $75 dollars to cancel the ticket. The airline employers are extremely rude. The line was long, the travelers were getting frustrated, while the only two workers did everything in their power to take as long as they possibly could. They denied military checked bags, (even though I had travel orders) because I had 3 of them and the girl was too lazy to tag them. I demanded to speak to a supervisor and was able to get them all checked for free. Will do everything in my power to not fly with this airline again. Even if I have to pay 50 bucks more for United, it still comes out even since I don't have to pay $35 to bring a carryon.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2014 by J Balloue    (USA)

Worst airline experience. The employees are rude and snotty, they airline charges you for everything. $15 to pick your seats for a family of 4 that's $60, $30 for a carry on, $25 for each 1st checked bag, $4 for water no free refreshments here. I can't understand how they stay in business. If you want a roomier seat that's $30. On take off there were unsecure bins in the galley so when the plane pitched up there was a loud crash. We flew this airline because it was the one Priceline recommended for our trip. They took an hour to get everyone's checked luggage to baggage claim. Save yourself the headache, pay a little more and fly a real airline carrier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Alison Dunnebecke    (USA)

Classic Plus

Flight 754 on 8/17/2014 from Sky Harbor to DIA. They have all these rules about when we are to check in etc but when we get there to check in where are they? The Sky Harbor ticket counter was horrible. Not only did we have to wait on them for 15+ minutes when they did show up they sauntered like they had all day. No comments to anyone about our wait. We happened to be first and actually got our bags tagged after the sixth person in line behind us. The gal "helping" us was rude and I swear moving as slow as she could. Maybe I should not have said anything about being there first! I have over 200k frequent flyer miles-Southwest here I come!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Julie Lawler Simpson    (USA)

I have been flying Frontier Airlines for years. Not anymore. Both flights had broken down planes. My flight out of Milwaukee had a flat tyre. There was only 1 maintenance person on duty. They had to call another in to help fix the tyre. Our flight to Denver was delayed 2.5 hours. Of course our connecting flight was gone once we landed in Denver and there were no other flights available. Frontier shuttled everyone to a hotel for the night. On the way back home my flight from Denver to Milwaukee also had a broken plane. Flight delayed by 2 hours because we had to wait for a plane from Los Angeles. I have flown almost every US airline and this is the worst.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by G Temkin    (USA)

What you get on Frontier Airlines is one glass of water free. Everything else costs something and all those something's are so under par that the whole Frontier Experience becomes a terrible experience and a costly one. You really don't get a carry on, unless it's as big as an old computer case. Customer service will split up families and try to seat two year olds from their mother, and they don't follow through with handicap assistance. I found the whole Frontier Experience not one to do again. I advise you to get a credit card with baggage allowances and fly those airlines. They are better and cheaper. I forgot about my credit cards but I won't forget again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by N Chavarria    (USA)

Thunderstorms in Denver are common and although they cause delays, the delays are typically limited to 45-60 mins. We flew from Milwaukee to Denver to Santa Ana and back the same way. Our flights were all on time, and even arrived a little early each destination. All of the staff were very friendly, from the people at the check-in counter, the flight crew and even pilots. The check-in counter people were very accommodating to our family with two small children. My husband is a veteran and with his military ID they gave us free checked bags, and also even upgraded one of our flights to stretch seating! This was a very appreciated surprise! This was definitely an excellent experience flying with Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by C Iorg    (USA)

Was set to fly out on a Friday to Denver then Bozeman from Atlanta. ATL airport had a fire in a tram which shut down passenger travel between concourses. Long story short, we were stranded in a tunnel. I wasn't worried as I told my wife and kids that the airport is shut down, so our flight will be delayed. I am not exaggerating when I tell you that the monitor had every flight delayed but the Frontier flight, it took off without us and several other people. I still thought, "It's ok, they will get us out to Denver to catch our connecting somehow." I was incredibly let down as the airline did nothing to help us, just put us on a flight 3 days later. They didn't offer any apologies, made no efforts to fix the problem. To make it worse, they redirected our bags from Bozeman back to Atlanta on a Saturday. Of course, the bags did not make it to ATL. Another 2 and half hour conversation with Frontier - more rudeness. I got a security guard in Bozeman to get a luggage woman to finally locate our bags and hold them for us. It took me 15 minutes what Frontier couldn't do in 2 days.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by K Fjelstad    (USA)

Trying to get home to Orange County, CA from Orlando. Flight was scheduled for Monday but I tried to grab an earlier flight. Frontier had zero flights leaving until Monday. On Monday as I arrived at the airport I was notified the flight had been changed to 5.48 am the following day. I was given a hotel voucher. A few hours later I happened to be walking past ticketing and noticed my flight to Denver was now showing 11.48 pm same day (in a few hours). I asked if the flight at 5.48 am tomorrow was still on schedule. She said no that now tonight's 11.48pm flight. No one called or emailed me letting me know about the change. I asked if I could fly the 7.45 am flight next day instead of this 11.48 pm flight. Was told no, it's full. When asked if they could try to change my connecting flight time in Denver from 2 pm to something a little earlier, they said they didn't know how to do that. I was traveling with a 9 year old and they didn't put us together. I look forward to my 12 hour lay over in Denver now. Will never fly this awful airline again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Z Wymore    (USA)

Excellent service. I flew to Nashville from Montana round trip I have no complaints that's over 4 thousand miles with frontier. We had a delay in Denver but that will happen with all the top notch planes as well.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by S Kang    (USA)

I am a medical student in Omaha and took a quick trip out to Durango with friends. The airplane broke down before the scheduled departure, the mechanic was not available, I missed my connection in Denver and have been here for the last 24-27 hours. Apparently Frontier does not work with other airlines - or other airlines don't work with Frontier. The two men at the gate where I was on standby were less than courteous, the ladies at the customer desk were nice but unhelpful. They have no way of checking to make sure that my luggage arrived in Omaha either. For a company that nickels and dimes its customers for seat assignments, carry-ons, etc. it sure isn't making itself seem worth the money. Just save yourself the headache and fly another airline.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by A Dunnebecke    (USA)

Classic Plus

Flying from Phoenix to Denver. Frontier has all these rules about when passengers need to check in but it is ok to make us wait 15-20 minutes to check our bags. The staff come sauntering down to the ticket counter, no apologies and no welcomes. My husband and I were the first ones there, had checked in and reprinted our boarding passes and ready to go. Did a ticket agent ask who was there first. Of course not and then we ended up waiting while they dealt with six groups before we were taken care of. When I said we were there first I got the evil eye and then had to wait until the agent got to us and deal with her snarky attitude. I swear that cost us even more time. When I tried to call customer service the edit time is 35 minutes. Guess I am not the only one with issues. I have 200k miles in my frequent flyer program. Guess I will have to be desperate to us those. Southwest here I come.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Monica Camous    (USA)

Thunderstorms in Denver are common and although they cause delays, the delays are typically limited to 45-60 mins. My flight from STL to DEN was delayed 2 hrs, then 4 hrs, I wasn't worried as my layover for my flight to SEA was 5 hrs. When we arrived in DEN, we were informed that flight was delayed 6 hours (leaving at midnight as opposed to 6 pm. The plane arrived but the outgoing crew had left. They changed the flight until 1.45 am and finally cancelled the flight, stranding all 150 passengers in the airport. No rooms offered, no meals offered, not even a toothbrush!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Tina Snow    (USA)

Flew from SLC to Denver then to Puerto Vallarta. First flew with small children all separated from parents when asked to change seats was told by a very rude stewardess that we had to stay in assigned seats. What person flying wants to sit next to someone else's crying two year old? Then the stewardess had the nerve to talk to other passengers about us, very unprofessional. Pay the extra fly Delta.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  12 August 2014 by A Mccook    (USA)

Classic Plus

Flew in and out of Trenton from St. Augustine. A little nervous after reading review, however, our experience was great. I didn't go in with high expectations and was very pleased with the outcome. First, we flew Classic Plus, which allowed more leg room (my son is 6'3" and needs extra space). This allowed us to check a bag each and have carry on for free (in addition to the allowed personal item). The seats were roomy and comfy. The staff at each airport was friendly (we arrived 1.5 hours before the flight with boarding passes printed at home as instructed). Had read horrible reviews of Trenton, but found it very nice, though small. Restrooms available at the gate, a nice little eatery upstairs (before security). If you plan well and read the fine print, you should have no complaints. It was 100 times better than my latest flight on United to Newark last month.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  12 August 2014 by K Koprulu    (USA)

Flight Cleveland Hopkins to Fort Lauderdale. Flight was delayed already when we got there because of domino effect of previous flights. It was delayed even more when previous delayed flight to Atlanta had a bad tyre which delayed theirs and our flight by one hour. Total delay time for our flight more than 2.5 hours. A lot of people are leaving negative reviews because they never read the small print. Use your common sense a $30 flight is not going to include baggage fees. Plane was airbus A320 featuring fin the tiger shark. Seats were very uncomfortable and needed new cushions. No IFE. Crew was friendly and we received free drinks for late time. I expected this from a cheap airline so that's why the review is not too negative.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 August 2014 by J McCarron    (USA)

I've flown 8 times with Frontier airlines and I couldn't be happier with their service. The flights were laid back and quiet. Once I even lost my boarding pass after I went through the security checkpoint. The lady at the terminal was very nice, understanding and knowledgeable. After verifying my identity, with a few clicks at a computer she printed me out another pass and I was able to catch my flight without a problem. They've never lost any of my luggage either. The inflight crew were always very nice and quick to respond to questions and concerns. The only down-side I could find is that you can only buy in-flight refreshment with a credit card - no cash.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Timothy McLachlan    (USA)

Each time, if you are in the front three rows, the crew restrict usage of the overhead in preference to the people not already boarded. This usually means that we end up putting their bag further down the plane and the first three bins usually end up not full, and people boarding further back of the plane end up using the bins. It is illogical and rude to the passengers already boarded. Now we have to wait to go down the plane to get our bags. It makes now sense. Frontier, you have lost me with your ridiculous policy.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Beth Campbell    (USA)

July 29, 2014 was flying from Minneapolis to Idaho Falls one stop in Denver. Ladies at the ticket check in said the flight was overbooked due to weather and we would not make the connecting flight until Aug 3. After 2 hours of going back and forth talking to them about options which they were unwilling to help with we asked how many seats were available, well we found out 6 or 7 so why could we not go on our assigned flight? We arrived in Denver the flight to Idaho Falls was delayed and yes there were seats available their too. So why did the ticket ladies not just let us check-in in the first place?? It would have saved us 2 hours of stress. I'll never fly with them again!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by J Meyers    (USA)

Plane departed and returned to the gate three times while in Atlanta due to a warning light. On the fourth try the plane took off - now 5 hours late. Connections were missed in Denver by nearly everyone on the plane, resulting in a mass of unhappy yelling customers. Options presented by Frontier were to wait for the next flight - in 48 hours - or get booked on a different airline with additional legs and a long layover. Frontier offered a hotel voucher for what ended up being a 3 hour stay and meal vouchers, which were not usable at 1 am. Through this I had a toddler with me who became exhausted and dehydrated. Never again will I consider Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by K West    (USA)

I had no problems with my flights (PDX-CVG via Denver) either with Frontier's service, personnel, or my expectations. It strikes me that most of the people posting really bad reviews didn't read the information Frontier provides when purchasing a ticket. Frontier is exactly what it says it is, basically an al a carte airline. My flights were on time, the staff was professional and courteous. Check in online and print your boarding passes at home and you'll have no problems at the gate.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by K LaRoche    (USA)

Classic Plus

I've flown Frontier numerous times and never had a problem except once my luggage was on a later flight. Minor inconvenience, and it was returned to me at 2am the next morning. It happens with any airline. The staff have always been friendly and attentive. I guess there's always a first time, but I still plan to fly with Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Beth Campbell    (USA)

My sisters and I went to Minneapolis. We left Idaho Falls, flight 446 and 120 on July 25, 2014. Flights went smoothly and staff were nice. July 29 2014, on our return, flights 115 and 447. We arrived at the Frontier counter to check in and were told a tornado hit Denver and all seats were taken and no seats available until Aug 3 2014 so we could get a refund that night. In a panic we checked other airlines to Idaho Falls, we could get another flight the next morning Delta or United. We asked the Frontier counter to help us book a flight, they said they could not help us, either a refund or travel Aug 3. We were about to ask for our refund when my brother in law suggested we try again to get to Denver, options were better there to get to Idaho Falls and cheaper. The ladies at the counter said they could not help us, we asked if their were seats available on flight 115, finally they said yes there were seats available but we would miss the flight to Idaho Falls. We told them we would take our chances since the flight going to Denver was delayed 1 hour maybe the flight to Idaho Falls would also be delayed, they would not assign us seats to Idaho Falls just to Denver, only check our baggage to Denver, which we opted to carry on. We barely arrived at the gate for flight 115 after 2 hours of fighting with staff at the check in counter as they were boarding. Staff on the flight were very nice and apologetic. Flight 447 was delayed due to weather as we expected and had to wait for seating assignments just as they were boarding. Boarded the plane and again their were a few empty seats. Arrived in Idaho Falls only 30 minutes later than the scheduled arrival time! Had we not insisted that staff get us on flight 115 we would still be in Minnesota.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Greg Broom    (USA)

I arrive with more than 40 minutes to spare for my flight from Trenton to Raleigh. Due to a website issue I was unable to print out a proper boarding pass. Upon arrival the kiosk would not allow me to print my pass as it was under the 45 minute deadline, a deadline that I have never encountered in all my years of flying. The Frontier reps at the counter were of no help and were quite hostile to my (and the 7 other passengers) complaints. They are essentially running a racket. Trenton airport is small and the time to the gate from the ticket counter would have been 5 minutes or less. Yet, Frontier asks (though I have yet to see this information anywhere other than the Trenton ticket counter) you arrive a full 2 hours before a flight to get a boarding pass. My flight was at 6.25 this morning. It was an absurd experience and easily the worst I have ever encountered flying.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Enzo Scifo    (USA)

I can only speak to our experience on Frontier and it was good. Flew from Cincinnati to Punta Cana, DR on a chartered vacation flight in July 2014. Non -stop. 1 free checked back, carry on and soda. Food was extra. Both round trip flights started boarding early, left on time, and arrived a few minutes early. I would fly Frontier again if the price was right and departure times made sense.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 July 2014 by S Knowles    (USA)

I was on a flight with Frontier that was delayed 7 hours. There was no contact from the airline to me (phone, text or email) alerting me of the delay. When I arrived to the airport, I was informed that I could not check my bag but still had to pay the $25 checked bag fee. I then had to dump all of my liquids from my bag so it could go through security. We were then delayed another 90 minutes while sitting on the plane at the gate, at which point flight attendants informed us we could pay for beverages, snacks or TV if we would like. The pilots were the only friendly and apologetic staff associated with Frontier. I would not recommend Frontier to anyone. The flights may be cheap but you pay for your seat, bags and everything else later. Additionally, if you do have a complaint, you cannot get anyone to assist you.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 July 2014 by R Hinks    (USA)

I fly Frontier only when I have to, that is, when there are virtually no other choices. I don't mind some product differentiation in which they charge extra for "extras", but it is completely ridiculous that they intentionally won't allow people traveling together to sit together without paying an extra fee. Also, charging for carry-on bags is very annoying, but I can live with it. The Frontier company attitude appears to be one of "screw the customer", and as one who works with customers all the time, this attitude really bothers me.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 July 2014 by M Decosterd    (USA)

I flew yesterday from Trenton to Ft. Lauderdale. Was very excited to be flying from Trenton - much more convenient than going to Newark or Philadelphia. Check in was fine - security easy and waiting area adequate. The problem came when the flight was delayed for 9 hours - yes 9 hours. I spent the entire day and evening at the airport. the problem is two-fold - why I am not likely to fly Frontier again: 1) The communication throughout the ordeal was worse than awful - it is pretty clear that they knew early on that this was going to be a horrific wait. They kept stringing us along - many of us could have gone home for the day, but instead we were there not knowing what was going on. 2) Second issue - staff are incredibly rude. Staff upstairs at check in were great, but those in the gate area - with the exception of the manager were rude, unhelpful and without basic knowledge needed to be interacting with passengers. 9 hours late and poor customer service are problems that need to be addressed.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 July 2014 by L Williams    (USA)

I took this flight this AM, 7/19, with my family Atlanta to Denver. Departure 8.47, on time. Good. Flight was safe, landing was nice. All good. Cannot complain. The main reasons I log this review is because if you are flying on a budget (which you likely are on Frontier) then beware of the surly attendants, the lack of snacks, coffee and beverages available on a 3 + hr flight. This was a 8.47am flight, no coffee, no individual snacks for purchase, one box snack available for purchase and some sodas/juices. I don't look forward to airline "snacks" but when you fly with kids, creature comforts are welcome at times. Very strange airline. Very strange flight. Not worth the $1400.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 July 2014 by Seow Choon Leong    (USA)

We flew Frontier from Trenton to Tampa because the flight appeared to be the least expensive and because of the convenience of Trenton Airport. It was a mistake that we will never make again! No free luggage at all - the first piece checked in costs $25. If you have a carry, it costs even more - $35. When we factor in $8 a day for parking at Trenton Airport, we ended paying more than what we would have flying other airlines. The flight was delayed both ways. The fight from Trenton was over an hour late and it was just seem as par for the course. No apologies whatsoever. We're waiting for the flight from Tampa and it is delayed as well. The service is awful - you'll get a cup of water for free. That's it. It is just not worth it.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Joel Bassman    (USA)

July 11 2014, I travelled to Portland, Oregon from Des Moines, Iowa via Denver on Frontier Airlines flights 155 and 799. The ground personnel at the Des Moines and Denver Airports were extremely helpful and personable. The air personnel (both flight attendants and flight crew) were courteous and attentive. As for the newly revised baggage policies of Frontier, I understand and accept them. Frontier Airlines is no different than legacy airlines. They are here to provide good and comfortable air service to their passengers. But, they are also here to make a profit. Again, hats off to Frontier for providing courteous, friendly and helpful service.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Mike Ammon    (USA)

Flight 527, Cleveland to Denver and 745, Denver to Phoenix. Return flight 1112, Phoenix to Cleveland. July 7- 15. My family of 7 just flew to Pheonix from Cleveland and back and I have to say I was very pleased, in fact impressed with how smooth things went. I had read several reviews about Frontier and I have to abmit I was nervous about flying with them. We have flown on several airlines and I must say I will be flying Frontier in the future the associates were very helpful and the aircraft were very clean.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Janice Cooney    (USA)

I had checked in online and printed boarding passes and coupons for my luggage. I arrived at the Madison WI airport 40 minutes prior to my flight. Madison is a small airport and usually does not take much time to check luggage and get to the gate. The Frontier desk was closed. There was a sign on the counter stating someone would return after the flight left. We did not make our flight to Seattle. I think it would be most helpful if Frontier stated on their website that the gates close 45 minutes prior to take off and that you will not be able to board your plane. I paid $75 to get a flight out a day later. I asked if I could travel to a nearby airport and take their flight later in the day to Seattle and I was told this was not an option unless I wanted to pay full fare $600. They were unwilling to put us on another airline going out today. I also paid to select my seats so I could travel with my daughter. I am sorry I did not read any of these reviews prior to my trip to avoid such a disaster. I will avoid Frontier at all costs in the future, and can only hope my trip tomorrow goes without problems.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  16 July 2014 by Lauri Morris    (USA)

My family and I also had a horrible experience with Frontier and will never fly them again. We had no idea that we would have to pay $35 for carry-ons and $25 for checked baggage. We would have packed differently if we had known this. Each of my children had a small rolling suitcase which we ended up checking and it cost us $250 total extra for the trip. I feel like they robbed us! This extra charge is not common practice among any other airlines I have flown before. Then we get on the plane to discover that all drinks and snacks cost, as well. They didn't even offer water on two of the flights. There is very little leg room, so you feel like you're packed in like cattle. The whole trip gave us a terrible feeling about Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  13 July 2014 by C Mooney    (USA)

I am so frustrated with Frontier's new policies to charge you extra for everything: seat assignment, carry-on bag, checked bag, coffee on the flight, etc. I'm sure they will be charging for seat belts soon. Frontier used to be my favorite airline, but now I avoid them at all costs. I am happy to pay a little extra (or not in many cases) to fly Southwest Airlines where they still let you check a bag for free and carry on a bag with your personal item. If Southwest isn't available, I look for anything other than Frontier now. We are spreading the word and on my recent flight from Cincinnati, I heard several passengers complaining saying they wouldn't fly Frontier anymore - it's so ridiculous. And because passengers have become so frustrated, this has caused Frontier employees to lose their patience... what was once one of the friendliest airlines is now the rudest. Shame on you, Frontier - this is the worst example of customer service I have seen in many years.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  13 July 2014 by V Myers    (USA)

I arrived at the Sioux City airport an hour before my flight. It's a very small airport with just a few flights and a few gates going at one time. 30 minutes prior to my flight, the man at the ticket counter announced they were closing the check-in desk and no one else would be able to print boarding passes or check luggage. I had checked-in previously from home and just needed a boarding pass printed. Frontier did not have a single self- service kiosk at the airport so I wouldn't have to wait in line with people who needed to check baggage. Myself and about 12 other people had been in line for 30 minutes but were turned away from our flight because they closed the desk. The next option they presented was rebooking in Omaha which is a 90 minute drive without offering a complimentary rebooking or even a discounted ticket. Frontier claimed it's their policy that guests arrive 2 hours prior to their flight (but neglected to mention their counter closes 30 minutes prior) so their desk closure was our problem - not theirs. It's pretty appalling that they were able to turn people away like that when there was adequate time to get everyone checked in and boarded if they hadn't closed the counter. The entire situation was unfortunate and handled poorly by the airline and by their employees. I will avoid flying Frontier going forward.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Daniel Andrews    (USA)

Flying to Denver from Seattle, and back, Frontier failed to get me on either flight. In Seattle, the check-in desk was empty at 6pm Saturday with a sign that it would reopen 10 hours later at 4am. The automated machines were not giving boarding passes and I along with other passengers were stranded, unable to reach our flight. On the return trip in Denver, recent changes in timing cost me my flight. At the start, the desk representative wasn't aware that my boarding pass could be printed for me after I'd checked in online. Unlike all other airlines the doors are closed early, and baggage handling is closed early in Denver, so I forfeited my pre-paid $20 baggage fee to try and make it to the airport. Luckily for me my bag was small enough to be carried on. Arriving at the gate, I was told the doors had already closed and myself (plus some others who arrived after me) were told to go to customer service. It seems a policy change at Denver has Frontier closing their doors earlier than any other airline, meaning I had no realistic time to reach the gate. Arriving at the customer service desk after being turned away from my plane, I was told they would charge me $75 to be put on standby for a full flight 3 hours later. The staff were unsmiling, unsympathetic and unapologetic. I'm now sitting through my first wait at the airport on standby for the next flight. I'm told my odds are not good and I'll probably be spending all day waiting for a flight home. I will not fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Matrai Sean    (USA)

TTN (Trenton-Mercer airport) NJ - CLE (Cleveland-Hopkins) OH. The customer service couldn't have been nicer. They were very nice on the plane. Sure they charge you for a carry on bag, and beverage, but what do you expect for an incredibly cheap fare. For the most part they were on time, it was a bit delayed in Trenton because of minor issues going forward. This is essentially the "T-Mobile" of airlines. You pay for what you want, how do you expect they make those fares so low. Great Airline, gets you where you want to go, recommend to anybody who is on a budget.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by F Martin    (USA)

Pretty good for a low-cost airline. I know they recently changed their policy on carry-on luggage, where I believe you have to pay to have a carry-on bag using storage above. My last trip with them was in January of 2014. They were on time, friendly, bathrooms were clean, and the flight was comfortable. In September of 2013 I flew from KC to PDX with a stop in Denver. On the way back to KC we did miss our connecting flight by about 5 minutes. They hadn't taken off yet but they wouldn't let us on because they were to leave the dock in just a few minutes. While it was a bit annoying, they got us on the next flight to KC, which left about 90 minutes later, and I understand why they couldn't let us on that original connecting flight. Of course we didn't have to pay anything extra for the next connecting flight. With the changes in carry-on costs I'm not sure I will fly with them again because it all really depends on where I can get the best deal, but if they are still the cheapest I have no qualms with flying Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Lloyd Benjamin    (USA)

Denver to SFO, July 2nd. This is an inferior airline due to its policies and poor customer service. It is a myth that it costs less when you are done with their nickle and diming. The flight crews are fine, it is everything leading up to it. The extra charges are over the top. The only thing that does not cost is a glass of water and using the toilet but I would not be surprised if this will change. I witnessed a young woman traveling with a baby who had paid for a checked bag. When she decided should needed to carry it on she offered to pay the difference and was told there was no way to refund and she would have to pay full carry-on fees or she could not board. Robbery by any other name. Any company that gouges the customer to stay in business needs to close its doors. Buyer beware.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 July 2014 by S Ditto    (USA)

Check in was slow and unfriendly. My seat on the way to my destination was slouched to the right and the cushion was worn below the frame so I had two hours of metal frame for a seat. Costs for drinks are what they are, but the crew could offer the complimentary cup of water or the charge for bottled. Also if you have to delay a flight 2.5 hours and not update the flight information on the boards I highly suggest you use the intercom when calling to finally board. I appreciate that I was nearly left behind after being told that You were being screamed at to close the doors yet could not properly inform passengers that the plane planning to leave. But here is my favorite part about Frontier Airlines, I incurred a baggage fee for my personal carry on that was not large enough to have to stow above when I paid in advance online for only the bag I was checking to go under the plane. Lastly, thank you for eliminating one more option when I decide to fly. I will never fly Frontier Airlines again and the other 3 people in my group agree!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 July 2014 by R McBride    (USA)

I would never fly Frontier Airlines again. Last week we have a 7am flight departing Denver on Friday morning. We arrived at the airport at 5.30am to check in for our flight, we had to check bags so we figured we would just check in at the gate. We waited in line to check in for 45 minutes and when we got to the check in counter, the lady stated that their system had locked (it was now 41 minutes before our flight) and we were not allowed to check in or attempt to catch our flight. Their policy is that you must be checked in 45 minutes before departure or you are out of luck, we were 4 minutes late but had also been waiting in line for 45 minutes. The front desk lady was extremely rude and unhelpful and just continued saying "well do you want to pay the $50 per person to change your flight to 5pm tonight", we did not have any other option. The kicker was we took the 5pm flight and of course checked in 45 minutes before, it took us under 15 minutes to get from the check in counter to the gate, we could have caught our flight in the morning without any issues. Poor customer service, terrible policy, took no responsibility for the 45 minute check in line. Absolutely disgusted and will never travel with them again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  1 July 2014 by Jeramia Johnson    (USA)

Flight 369 from Newport News to Denver. My girlfriend and I checked in at our house and did not have access to a printer to print our passes leaving us with the only option of arriving early to have them printed by a Frontier representative. Confident that we were on time, (over an hour early for boarding at this small airport) we stood in line behind a handful of people and two, sometimes one representative. The line crept. Two or three people had been assisted in front of us and all the sudden the Frontier representatives walk away behind closed doors for over five minutes. Upon their return all of the paid in full, checked in online customers were told in a rude manor that we were all not getting on the plane and to call a 1-800 number for further assistance. We were told it was our fault and there was no other option. The boarding gate could practically be seen from the check in counter, there was still 50 minutes to board, and all that was standing in our way was a piece of paper to let us through. The clock was ticking while we were about ready to give up. With only a few minutes to spare a woman showed up and took some names and returned with boarding passes. We boarded our flight with a foul taste in our mouths from the unprofessional attitude received from the Frontier representative at Newport News airport. Check- in was "closed" but we were all checked in and just needed a pass printed. Why was someone else able to help us? Airlines are a customer service industry and if you lack the most basic skills to satisfy those that support you there will most definitely be a problem for you in the future. A couple of boarding pass kiosks would have eliminated this whole headache.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Gabrielle Goddard    (USA)

Frontier is not cheaper. I recently flew American Airlines to Seattle to get my two children and we flew Frontier back to TN. I had no problems at all with American to Seattle. No unexpected fees and charges or hassles at all. You should know that your buck doesn't stop with buying a ticket with Frontier. You must buy your seats and you must pay $50 per any carry on that goes in an overhead or checked at the gate. Even if it fits easily. They are out to squeeze every dime out of you in every way. You must pay for any beverage or snack on board. Not just cocktails and large snacks. They assured us at the gate in Seattle, that we would see our baggage in Knoxville. We did not. They're lost and no one knows where they are. I've never written a review to express my dissatisfaction with an airline before, but this airline has the worst customer service ever.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  26 June 2014 by J Taylor    (USA)

Spokane to Denver, 18 June. Stormy weather in Denver prevented our flight from landing 3 times so we flew to Colorado Springs to refuel. We had to stay on the plane and only 1 of the 3 lavatories was operational - there was a line of about 30 people waiting to use it. An hour later I was close to the lav and had to sit down again for take-off. We got to Denver 2.5 hours late and my connecting flight to Little Rock had already left. After standing in a long line I found out their next flight to Little Rock wasn't for 2 days. They gave me a ticket to Branson, Mo for the next day and I slept on the airport floor. In the morning I exchanged the Branson ticket for a Little Rock ticket for Friday since I didn't have transportation from Branson to Little Rock, and got a hotel room for Thursday night. I left Denver Friday evening and got into Little Rock just before 11 pm. My luggage was not there. It had not been in Denver the 2 days I was there. The agent there couldn't get ahold of any of the other airports either. I called the baggage dept at Spokane and twice said they'd call back, and haven't. I will not use this airline again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  24 June 2014 by K David    (USA)

ILG-MDW, 6/1/14, Flight 383. I disagree that the fares are higher once you add in the extras. Who do you think is paying for your extra luggage and soft drinks? You are! Everything is figured into the price and when compared to Southwest, I know I saved quite a bit on my recent purchase. The service was timely and professional as well. I give Frontier credit for trying to carve a niche, and I predict they will be quite successful as people get educated with regards to what they are doing. Also, when fewer people are hauling on oversized luggage and trying to stuff it in the overheads, it makes for a smoother and quicker loading and departure from the gate. Ultra low cost carriers like Frontier typically charge $5 extra to carry on a bag versus checking it which effectively eliminates the luggage hoarders trying to board planes with too much luggage which most would admit makes for a slow, maddening boarding process. Also, if you check/carry 100 lbs. of luggage on other carriers who offer free checked bags and carry-ons, who do you think is paying for the extra fuel it takes to transport that? That's right, it's you again! It's all built into the ticket price. Again, I'd rather pay for what I want and for what I use. I was happy to pay a bit extra for leg room, but not for everyone else's extra baggage. I'd rather bring my own bottled water than pay for all the soda and peanuts that everyone else drinks. I'm happy with the experience, and will be trying this more often. On very short trips, I can make due with a personal sized item and not even have to pay any luggage fees whatsoever! It's a win-win once we all better understand the concept.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  24 June 2014 by Rupert Jim    (USA)

Seattle, WA (SEA) - Denver, CO (DEN). Economy Class, A320. 13 June, Flight #284. Denver, CO (DEN) - St. Louis, MO (STL), Economy Class, Airbus A319, 13 June, Flight #138. I thought all airlines were about the same but Frontier takes cheap and greedy to a whole new level. I was amazed. 1st carry on bags were 35$ each. Nothing free on beverage cart except cups of water. Attendants just average but the service people at Denver and Seattle were downright rude! We arrived 2 hrs early at check in but no clerks w/long lines, then plane arrived 1/2 hr late. When we boarded, taxied to flight line then had to go back to gate because of equipment failure so we were an hr and a half late leaving Seattle but they did hold our connecting flight because it was late also. Don't fly w/ them!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 June 2014 by C Cep    (USA)

I flew Frontier for the first and last time this past week. I had a business trip and this was the most cost effective airline for me. First, my luggage is a rolling carry on that is the appropriate size and fits in any other airline. Frontier forces you to stick it in a sized up box at the counter to be approved to get the carry on onto the flight, and that is for each connecting flight. It's difficult to fit in and I noticed a few people who were charged $50 per bag to have it checked because it did not fit. I lucked out, but had to go through the ordeal all over again at my connecting flight in Denver and was told my bag would not fit when it did just a few hours earlier. On my 1st flight, the passenger in front was in a broken seat and the stewardess continued to scold him to pull his seat forward for landing/takeoff, when he repeatedly explained to her, they finally comprehended to get a maintenance person on the flight who did not even fix the seat. I could go on and on, but the points above are the biggest red flags and disappointments. Each flight was worse than the previous.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 June 2014 by R Bline    (USA)

DTW-TTN-DTW. Outbound flight was delayed by weather, 4+ hours. Not Frontier's fault, but once onboard, we were charged $1.99 for lukewarm coffee: is it expecting too much to get freebies after such a long delay? Apparently so. But my main gripe is their carry-on policy. It appears, based on our experience both ways, that after a certain number of passengers have boarded, they simply assume the overheads are full and require people to pay extra to check their carry-ons. This happened to us, and when we stopped arguing and got on board, the overheads were nowhere near full. That's a $50 hit each way.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 June 2014 by J Mike    (USA)

Classic Plus

I never used Frontier before, so I took a gamble for a weekend trip. My flight was scheduled to leave at 3.13pm. I was not told of any delay until I was at airport with bags in hand. Personnel were more concerned about the size of bags rather than telling us of a delay. We were delayed to the aircraft flying to Tampa first and coming back to Trenton. We finally got on board at 5.30 for a 5.50 departure and then were delayed as a passenger was injured trying to get onto plane. After that hour delay, the captain stated that there was some issues with the plane's log so could not leave until that was fixed. Another hour passed and we finally pushed back from Gate at 8pm. We ended up sitting 15 minutes waiting for traffic to clear. We finally got in the air by 8.15pm. I have been flying for 25 years and never heard of a log book issue delaying a flight. Since we were so late had to rebook rental car and had other issues.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 June 2014 by K Woods    (USA)

DFW-DEN on 6/14/2014. Arrived at airport at 4.40am to find out that our 6.10am flight was cancelled due to not having a flight crew. There was no notification of such a cancellation, even when we arrived at the airport the monitors still said 'On Time'. There were over 100 people in line at the ticketing counter and only 2 agents at the desk. Hold time on the phone was over 30 mins. Frontier could not get us out that day and we had to be rescheduled for the next day. When I discussed the no notification of cancelled flight, one customer relations person told me they didn't know why I didn't receive a notification, later another told me that Frontier no longer does flight updates. Arrived at airport at 4.35am on 6/15/14 for 6.10am flight and there were over 50 people in line to check bags and no one showed up to work the Frontier counter until 5.00am! Received several "textbook" answers from Customer Relations regarding the issues with Frontier - not one seemed concerned with anything. This airline is not what it used to be.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 June 2014 by J Bennion    (USA)

My daughters flew from KC to Salt Lake City, via Denver. They were told, in Denver that they could not board, after having flown from MCI, until they paid additional "baggage" fee, in the amount of $100.00, for the two small carryon bags that they had. That is one bag each. My daughters were very upset, as they had little cash with them and no credit cards. This is a form of extortion as far as I am concerned. I prepaid for their flights, with the understanding that this was all paid for. Why would you sell a ticket and not figure that there would be any baggage?

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 June 2014 by K Robert    (USA)

Classic Plus

Cincinnati, OH (CVG) - Denver, CO (DEN), Jun 10 2014, F9 0735. Denver, CO (DEN) - Cincinnati, OH (CVG), Jun 11 2014, F9073. My first around trip flight on Frontier, I was sceptical. From the moment I entered the Frontier gate area CVG to Denver flight, onboard, during the flight and the landing all aspects of the experience was professional. The aircraft's were clean, flight crew were making every effort to accommodate the passengers. My return flight was also the same. I would utilize Frontier for my flight service and recommend to others. My one complaint was the long wait for phone service, the wait was 20-25 minutes. I feel that's far too long.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 June 2014 by A Luna    (USA)

First time flying Frontier instead of Southwest and was very disappointed! Not only do they charge you for checking a bag but also for any carry-on and they charge you to sit with your party. The check in process is inefficient and slow, the staff are not nice. Once on the flight, there is a charge for any beverages and snacks, but water is free! They then try and convince you to sign up for their credit card wit their on-board "deal" and awkwardly try and explain why it is a good idea. Will definitely be paying a little more to fly Southwest!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 June 2014 by M Polinovsky    (USA)

Four of us travelled from Philadelphia to Cancun on May 29 2014, flight 19 at 7.15 am. I was not allowed to take my carry-on bag onto the plane unless I paid $50. My other choice was to have them check it for $25, so two of us paid additional $50 for small carry-on bags. The other couple was not charged any money for their carry-on bags with the same customer service representative. My request to speak with supervisor was ignored. The customer service personnel could not have been ruder. On return flight from Cancun to Philadelphia on June 8, 2014 we did not have any charges for the same carry-on bags. I will never look at Frontier again when booking a trip.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  11 June 2014 by D Wechsler    (USA)

What was once a decent airline is now beyond a nightmare. The new baggage policies are ridiculous. They are taking no frills to new limits, and despite the few bucks you save on the ticket price, you will end up paying more than competitors in the long run after $2 water charge $50 carry on charge (for the first carry on) and have a poor experience. Customer service, if you can even get it, is awful. On the phone, from a gate agent, etc. this airline is almost primitive now. Very disappointing. I will never choose to fly with Frontier again. The one upside is that the flight attendants were courteous and professional.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  11 June 2014 by Jody Serafin    (USA)

Classic Plus

May 31st 2014 from Denver to Orlando, flight 678, return June 6 2014, flight 677. We booked our trip through our travel agent months before these new carry on charges went into effect. We were told we would not have to pay the extra fees. As we arrived at Denver airport and proceeded to the Frontier check in counter we were told we had to pay for our carry ons, all of which could fit under the seats, we explained what we were told and the check-in guy looked up our booking date and all was fine, not the case at the Orlando airport on the way home. We asked for our check in bag back and since we still had 7 lbs allowed in that bag before they added another $75, we started to unpack bags and re-pack so as not to give them one dime more. Needless to say after all the rearranging, which was totally unnecessary, we were allowed to take our carry on bags as personal items. As I said before we did not have to use the carry on overhead compartments, all the bags were so small they fit under the seats with no problem at all. After arriving at the gate we heard several stories like ours. There were so many upset people saying they will never fly Frontier again. It's not just about the money but it's about how you are treated.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 June 2014 by R Lucas    (USA)

Achieved what they offered. TTN-RSW. First flight out. On time boarding, departure and landing (a few minutes early). Crowded plane and they checked the size of my personal item 2x. I had to take out a few items (stuffed in my pocket to make it fit) but overall uneventful journey. I can't speak for service as I slept the entire flight and deboarding was uneventful. I faintly remember the offer for water. Seat pitch normal - I didn't pre-assign seat so was in 2nd to last row but had an empty seat next to me. I'm aware Frontier gets a bad-rap due to its fees but if you know what you are getting into I don't see the issue as it is still cheaper vs flying/parking at PHL or EWR for same route.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  6 June 2014 by Kevin Jones    (USA)

Flt 232 from Denver to Nashville, 06/04. The ticket was not much cheaper than on Southwest. My computer travel system booked it because it was cheaper, but it did not figure in the extra $20 for a checked bag and $30 for the carry on bag. Then they charged for a drink and snack! Charged for watching TV, yes you have to use your own phone, ipad or laptop but it is free. Plus if you want to select you seat in advance it is from $8 to $15 extra. This will be the last time I fly on Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  30 May 2014 by Julie Hopkins    (Australia)

Classic Plus

After a revolting experience on a Frontier Flight from MCO to DEN, we bit the bullet and flew DEN to SLC May 21 (noon). What a difference! Wonderful stewards on board, friendly, helpful welcoming. Still cannot believe how rude people are when told that their huge bag cannot fit in the overhead, just check the damn thing! Saves a few dollars, boarding time too but it is funny to watch people unpacking their overhead bag and trying to put all items in their large "handbag", then try to hide their now just as big handbag.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  27 May 2014 by D Seace    (USA)

I've flown from Harrisburg, PA to Orlando FL and back a few times in the past year. Most of the time it was a good experience. One flight which I booked way in advance, in the snow season had more than 3 hour delay and I would have missed my appointment so there was no longer a need to fly. I got a refund for which I was thankful. One flight had comedian flight attendants giving the on board preflight information (buckle up etc) that were actually funny. All flights were nonstop from PA to FL which was so nice. The rates were great for an average wage earner like me which was my main reason for choosing Frontier. Now I'm booking 3 tickets for my family and my total bill will be less than I would pay for one ticket with the other major airline flying out of MDT.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  27 May 2014 by A Basile    (USA)

Scheduled to fly Frontier 902, ATL to TTN, today. Flight canceled without notification or explanation. Next flight offering to TTN was in 5 days! Frontier refused to assist with rebooking on an alternate airline. Offered only refund or hotel voucher. Customer service offered no other assistance. I was left on my own to book same day out of ATL on Memorial holiday (to PHL, requiring trains and cab to reach my car at TTN airport). Very expensive out-of-pocket.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  26 May 2014 by R Henry    (USA)

Arrived at airport 2.5 hours before flight. No one was at the ticket counter despite a line of about 50 people. Shorter line of about 12 at Kiosk, but they were having trouble so the line was slow. After finally getting to the kiosk had trouble getting it to work. (Like the others before me.) When it finally did start working I started pressing the continues until I realised that I had just input that I had no carry on. No way to back up so I printed the ticket and got in the line waiting for the ticket counter. After I finally got through all this I got to the gate just in time to board. Never again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  26 May 2014 by Arthur Chason    (USA)

Booked a cruise for the family in Alaska and we were hoping to fly Frontier from ATL to AK but when we got to the airport the airline said flight was delayed for 3 hours. Not a big deal, but since we were connected through Denver we would miss our connecting flight. Also, happens before, not a big deal. The big deal was we would have to lay over in Denver for 2 days. We ended up being able to book a flight on Delta for twice as much and now the nightmare of trying to find out how to get linked up with our ship. Airline was very rude, dismissive and well trained in saying sorry. Which is appropriate since this airline is very, very sorry all around. Great to book if you don't care much about getting to your destination. Also don't be fooled by the prices. They charge you for both your checked and carry on luggage. They are a complete waste of time and money.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  25 May 2014 by R Brunette    (USA)

I have flown this airline many times. I saw all the bad reviews and thought, while everyone vents when they are frustrated, very few take the time to praise when they are satisfied. So here is a satisfied customer. My one wish would be service to Boston or Manchester.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  25 May 2014 by W Shafer    (USA)

Class Plus

They cancelled our flight from Orlando to Wilmington at the last minute saying the plane did not ever leave Denver. They said maybe they could get us on a flight in 3 days! They would not help even help us find another airline to fly. They just gave us a business card with a 1-800-432-1359 number on it. This had a 67 minute wait time. We had to pay top dollar at US Air to get to a city close to Wilmington.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  24 May 2014 by C Rucoba    (USA)

Hands down worst customer service of any airline/company. I first attempted to call their customer service line to resolve my problem, and everytime I called there was a 45+ minute wait, so I emailed instead. Keep in mind it takes them 3-4 days to respond to emails (which I find unacceptable) so I tried to work it out with them for a few weeks. Following my initial complaint, the customer service rep went in and deleted all my airline miles I had accumulated, seeing as how my initial contact with them was resolving and issue on using them. Second, they didn't even bother to tell me they deleted the miles, they tried to play me for being ignorant and said I had no miles. Three weeks of battling with them, they have restored part of my points and refuse to assist with my initial issue of using the points. Absolutely worst customer service ever!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  22 May 2014 by A Bocci    (USA)

We will not fly with Frontier again. After having paid for tickets for our trip to Costa Rica months in advance, we were informed at the gate that our flight was delayed, but the check in agent said that we should still be able to make our connecting flight through Denver. So we check our bags ($50 for 2) and go through security. Upon arrival at the gate, we were told that we would arrive in Denver at 11:55 p.m., which was the departure time for our connecting flight to Costa Rica. We asked if they would be able to hold the plan for 10 minutes so that we and the 3-4 other passengers who were in the same situation could make the flight. The gate agent said that she had called the staff in Denver and they refused to hold the flight as it would further increase delays. Frustrated, we asked to be put on the next flight, hoping we could leave the following day at the latest, but she told us that the next flight with available seats was in 6 days. We asked to speak to her manager, who essentially said that out options were to wait six days or that she could (reluctantly) refund us for the cost of our original flight and book a new flight through a different airline. We had to research flights on our own as they had no intentions of helping us secure seats on a new flight. We ended up paying an additional $400 to book last minute tickets on American Airlines, waiting for her to process our refund and get our mailing address to send our checked baggage fee back to us via mail, and then rushing to the next terminal to go through security again and catch our flight. Ultimately, we paid more than we would have if we'd just booked through American months ago. Plus, the lack of customer service or care regarding out situation was infuriating. We are waiting for our flight to Costa Rica as I type this and just praying that they successfully rerouted our bags. Overall a terrible first experience with this airline, and we didn't even make it on the plane.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 May 2014 by J Tracy    (USA)

I don't understand the negative reviews. Seating was good. Comfortable seats, didn't feel crowded. Entertainment, for $4, you get to watch Direct TV. It is free until the flight takes off. If you are really concerned about $4, then I don't know what to say. There were about 30 channels available.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 May 2014 by G Lutz    (USA)

Classic Plus

Our flight from Seattle to Branson and back was the worst experience ever. I felt at each terminal that it was their first day in business and they had not worked the bugs out of the system. All the employees seem to be angry about something, poor morale and no idea of what customer service is all about. The only good thing about this trip was leaving the Branson airport, my wife and I arrived there early, no Frontier people there, however a Southwest agent checked us in and we had absolutely no problems.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 May 2014 by J Hopkins    (Australia)

Classic Plus

MCO to DEN on May 13. I am on crutches and found staff from other airlines to be wonderful helping me, but not this time. The stewardess at the front of the plane was the most miserable and unhelpful person I have come across. I don't know why she was even there - a road cone is more useful than she was. She just stood there, glaring at everyone that boarded, with her arms folded, not attempting to help anyone. Abruptly told me to out my crutches in the overhead, not attempting to help me do so. The only time she did anything was to miserably ask what people wanted to drink or eat. She was more than annoyed that she had to do anything as it disturbed her gameplay on her phone.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  13 May 2014 by Jennifer Buckley    (USA)

Classic Plus

Frontier was delayed 120 minutes from new Orleans to Denver for weather in Denver. We were informed all our connecting flights would be delayed and that we would make our connections, not to worry. Upon arriving in Denver many passenger's as well as myself learned our flight connections had left. Many appeared to have been delayed 10 minutes or so, clearly not inline with the info provided by new Orleans staff, Frontier offered to put me on another flight at 4pm the following day and we could sleep in the airport. No other options nor recommendations for other airlines were provided. My husband searched with me and we purchased a one way ticket from Denver to Salt Lake, to get home that night. My family will do whatever we can in the future not to fly Frontier Airlines.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  11 May 2014 by M Jansen    (USA)

After reading all of the negative comments on this site I wanted to give some positive information. Most people only write a review when they are unhappy and don't take the time when it is a good experience. We flew from Milwaukee to Denver and then Las Vegas. Everything went very smoothly. All flights were on time. If you don't take time to read all of the rules then be prepared for being unhappy. I checked out everything beforehand and didn't have any surprises. The nice thing about the carry on bag requirement is that it eliminates people from bringing hugs bags on and trying to stuff them in the overhead bins. By limiting this and have the airline actually follow the rules they have makes for everyone getting on the plane and seated so much faster.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 May 2014 by Laura Fry    (USA)

I chose to fly with Frontier because of their low prices. I was not aware that this meant I was sacrificing any type of customer service. I booked a flight from CVG, I had not received the online check in email and was not at a place where I had access to a printer so thought it would be easy enough to check in at the counter. This was incorrect, there was no kiosk and the line was quite long, with several people ahead of me checking bags. Although it was not mentioned in any of my emails, Frontier seems to have a strict policy that they will not check you in if your flight is 45 mins or less to boarding. Although we were all in line within this time frame, due to the slow movement, several of us were not at the counter 45 minutes before our flight. This was handled by one lady looking up at us and saying "no, they are cut off" and no more. We were all very confused and asked what was going on, we needed to check in, and she ignored us. There were 3 people at the counter and four in line, but they would not respond to us at all, just completely ignored us and would not explain what was going on, until a fourth attendant came up and asked how she could help. This is a frustrating experience no matter what, but to just be ignored like that was one of the rudest ways these staff members could have handled it. I do not plan to continue to fly with Frontier, even if does save me a few dollars, because people should not be treated that way.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  6 May 2014 by Daiss Benjamin    (USA)

I will never fly with Frontier again. I was in a rush trying to find flights to make it back home before my grandfather passed away and found some tickets through Orbitz. We were supposed to fly out the next morning at 6.15am. I checked in early online and printed out boarding passes. When we got to MSP we were an hour early. There was no one at the bag check counter so we proceeded to go through security and were told our passes didn't work. We were directed back to the counter to get new passes but by this point we were beyond the 45 minute window and couldn't speak to anyone. While I was on the phone with Frontier explaining what happened they said we had to pay the $100 fee per person to get our flight changed to the next available flight. As I was on the phone they came on the intercom calling our names but we couldn't get through security. We then spent 8 hours in front of the baggage check before we could check our bags and go through security. After being nickled and dimed for every fee they could possibly come up with they have the nerve to say "you booked on a third party website and can't sit together".

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  2 May 2014 by A Heffner    (USA)

I do not plan on flying Frontier again. Cannot confirm seats prior to check-in unless you pay, however, no one explains this. Thus, my husband, 3 year old and I were all seated in different parts of the plane. Even when I paid to check in early on my return, we still were separated. Everything is an additional charge. I would rather pay one price and know that I can have a confirmed seat, can carry on a bag and can have one cold beverage on my flight. Flight attendants sit in the back of the plane and read a book. Not sure what the point is in having them. I booked with Amex points (a "third party"), thus, carry on luggage is extra. Pretty much everyone in our line had booked through a "third party", so we were all in the same boat. They make everyone have their carry on bag measured, which was one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen. This created chaos in the waiting area, as multiple lines had formed and half the people didn't know what was going on.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 April 2014 by James Brainerd    (USA)

We left from Omaha and after checking in, going through security and getting to our gate we were told to wait in line to put our carry ons and personal items in a slot to see if we would be charged. Very rude, same thing happened changing plans in Denver. Leaving Las Vegas at 6.30am told to pay $50 for carry-on, I said we didn't on the way out and she said we are a 3rd party and that is how it goes. Wait through a very long security line, sit down and again they told us to wait in a very long line to check to see if everyone's carry-on fitted into the slot. I have MS and lines and standing are not the best for me, but myself and my husband do what we are told. Never once was there a problem. Staff were not friendly. I travel 12 to 15 times a year for work and have never had to do any of this. Then they come through with the snack and beverage cart and tell you, sorry your drink is $1.99. We have never been treated like lower class on any flight, business or pleasure. I can assure you we will not save $20 for a flight and go through Frontier ever again. I know everyone wants cut backs, but they may want to look at customer service.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 April 2014 by Torey Lyons    (USA)

Never mind how 100% of everything (drinks, food, checking baggage) is "available for a fee", I understand that is a way to save me some money. What makes this airline the worst experience I have ever had traveling is the fact my flight was delayed - I understand that happens - but that made it so they could not get me on my connecting flight home. They cannot get another flight on their airline for another 2 days. They refuse to help me at the desk, I call their customer service line on my own personal phone which took several hours for them to tell me they will not help me get on another airline. I have to stay at the airport for 2 days. Not even an upgraded seat. I saved a little money on Frontier tickets and they are costing me hundreds of dollars. I will never consider giving them my business again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 April 2014 by Frank Osbourne    (USA)

Poor inflexible service. If you don't have your boarding pass printed before you get to the airport, you might miss your flight. Their machine shut off 45 min before the flight and they don't staff their counters. 30 min on the phone and they were still inflexible. Couldn't rebook flight until 4 days out. Don't use this airline.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by B Terry    (USA)

SEA to OKC, round trip, 4/10/2014, coming home on 4/14. I made sure I checked all their rules checked one golf bag online, saved 5 dollars each way. Plane was not as clean as would like. Just an uneventful trip with no snags. the Denver to SEA connection was very close time wise. If you do your homework and plan you can save money flying with them. I would fly them again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  16 April 2014 by J Hanhardt    (USA)

Classic Plus

My wife and I flew from SEATAC to Midway near Chicago with a stop in Denver. This was round-trip so there were four flights in all. Not one flight left on time. You would think the law of probably would ensure that at least one flight would be on schedule but that was not so. We flew classic plus so we had one free checked bag, one free carry-on and a free drink during the flight. I feel sorry for those that had to pay for those things. When did we have to start paying extra for customer service? Since you have to pay extra for everything everybody tries to make all their luggage carry-on. This slowed down the boarding process and only made the whole experience worse. Everything but the seat you were sitting in was extra, and it seems that if federal guidelines would allow them to pack more people onto a plane by doing away with the seats they would do that too! The flight attendants were courteous to your face but since we sat in the front right next to them we could overhear them talking about passengers in the back and previous passengers on other flights. Very unprofessional. I would not recommend this airline to anyone expecting a decent experience. If you don't mind being treated like you are cattle being led to slaughter then this airline is for you. I wouldn't fly Frontier again no matter how low the fare is.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by J Herzog    (USA)

I fly all the time and try to fly Frontier if at all possible, that is until tonight. I won't be flying them anymore. Flying Denver to Kansas City originally leaving at 7.15. After three gate changes our flight is delayed over 2 hours. Funny thing is there is a later Frontier flight flying to Kansas City and they are boarding now. Everyone is asking, why Frontier wouldn't switch planes so earlier flight could leave first. We aren't only people affected either, Frontier is moving everyone gate to gate and there are delays galore.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  8 April 2014 by Paul Leschensky    (USA)

I fly a lot for business and must check a bag for tools. My selected seats (non premium) were rejected at check in and random seats were assigned. I expected baggage fees for checked baggage, but my briefcase was large enough to qualify as a carry on instead of a personal item. Sizing explanation was not available until the rate increased from $50 to $100. Random seat assignment always means middle seat assignment. My return flight was not as booked, but this may be my travel agent. By the time all of the surprise fees were added, I could have flown another carrier for less. They would be better named hidden fee, or bait and switch airlines. Alaska, Delta, and United would be better choices for routes in the Northwest and West. I didn't eat or drink on the flight, but n/a is not a review option, so I chose no opinion. The flight crew was professional and genial, the check in staff was bright and chipper, but unhelpful.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by T Emmett    (USA)

Flew PHX-DEN on 3/27 for $90 a person during spring break. Flight was on time, boarding quick and organized, except for the carry on bag size check, which was very unorganized at boarding. Flight attendants gave out water for free, and on a 1.5 hr flight food and drink purchases weren't needed. Checked bag was out before we even got to the baggage claim belt. All in all a very positive experience and highly recommend Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by M McIntyre    (USA)

I was penalized because I booked my flight through Orbitz. I had to pay for seats - $8 a piece so that I could sit with my kids. The airlines nickel and dimes you - you pay to carry on or to check a bag. I ended up paying $80 each direction to check 4 bags for my family. Then they give you no beverages for free on the flight - a 4hr flight and you have to pay $2 for a coffee or soda! Finally - their computer system could not let us check in online - because my husband and son share the same full name - one is Jr the other is III. I have never had a problem with this on any other airline. Frontier told me I should have booked their tickets separately.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by J Krafsur    (USA)

Denver-Orlando and return: March 18-24 (FFT678/FFT681). If you know what you are getting into with this airline, it's not half bad. I researched and knew Frontier charges for carry-ons if you don't meet the requirements or book a fare on their website, so I made sure to bring a proper sized bag and got on no problem. I do the same thing when I fly Spirit. The customer service wasn't very good in Denver, but once on the plane the flight attendants were very nice and helpful, especially when my TV broke, and the customer service in Orlando was noticeably better. The flight on the way out was delayed due to snow and wind but I can't fault Frontier. Overall, an enjoyable experience and considering they have TV (yes, they charge but so do most others), I did my research, and they were nearly $200 cheaper than the nearest non-stop competitor, I would certainly would continue flying them again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 March 2014 by D Endres    (USA)

Des Moines to Las Vegas, March 24, 2014 and return on March 27, 2014. One of the legs was flight 782 on March 27th. They reel you in with a low fare and then nickel and dime you to death. As a business traveler, I'll steer clear of this airline from this point forward.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2014 by William Yacker    (USA)

Flight 667, March 7 2014, Cleveland to San Francisco. My 19 year old daughter booked a flight in early March and had two small carry on bags. When she checked in, no one at Frontier mentioned anything about a charge for a second carry on. When she got to the gate they told her she needed to pay $100 for the second carry on. She offered to check-in the second small bag and was told "no, we have to charge you $100." She ended up having to check the bag anyway, but they still charged her $100.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  27 March 2014 by Abshire John    (USA)

I flew from Denver to San Diego on 8.59pm flight. We did not board until 9.20pm, and started to taxi but returned to the gate due to the plane had a malfunction with one engine. We didn't taxi for another 20 minutes which all of this caused a serious delay! All of these events seemed to be a disorganization on Frontiers' behalf. After all of this confusion and frustration Frontier employees acted as if they did passengers a favor. No compensation was awarded i.e. beverages or anything. On top of this distraction I landed late causing my rental car reservation to be cancelled and had to barter with taxi drivers for transportation to my hotel. As far as I'm concerned this airline has the worst customer service bar none!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  18 March 2014 by M Stearns    (USA)

I have flown Frontier before and thought that for the price it was a good option. However I suppose it had been longer than I remember since I experienced Frontier. I was told that my carry on was too big (I have taken it on every flight for years, including Frontier) and that I had to check it. Then I was told that whether I checked the bag or carried it on, that I would be charged an extra fee! I specifically travel light to avoid fees and baggage mix ups. I actually drive an extra hour to get to an airport that includes Frontier so that I can get a good deal. Never again. I hate to say this as I am a working person myself and don't quickly complain about service, but unfortunately the Frontier employees were plain rude. I can almost overlook this since I would be frustrated with all the angry customers if I had to deal with them too. Frontier doesn't seem to care about the passengers anymore.