Frontier Airlines Passenger Reviews and Frontier Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 September 2014 by A Nelson    (USA)

You will be additional fees. You will have to pay for your baggage (both checked and carry-on). Your seat will not be guaranteed unless you pay a minimum of $8 to select your seat. Frontier has a strategy of overbooking, presumably to ensure full flights. Every day, groups of these extra passengers are forced into later flights. "Check-in is 45 minutes prior to departure" means that you will be charged $75 and forced into the next flight if you do not check-in 45 minutes prior to departure. Frontier is the only airline that pulls their employees from the check-in counter and shuts down their check-in computers 45 minutes before departure to ensure that you will not be allowed in if you arrive late. I was running late to my flight this morning and called Frontier's 1-800 number at the suggestion of the friendly JetBlue check-in folks, as Frontier's counter had recently been abandoned. I manoeuvred my way through the expected automated system, and finally reached a woman who handled my situation with the patience and understanding of a grizzly woken from hibernation. I was interrupted and rudely instructed to be quiet and listen to the rules before rebooking my flight. By the way this airline treats its passengers, I should not have expected their employees to be any happier. Frontier employs bait-and-switch policies to maintain the "cheap ticket" reputation. In reality, Frontier's customers are not presented with an honest estimate of the cost of their travel at checkout. My conclusion is that the service one receives from other airlines is well worth the additional 20% in initial ticket costs. You will end up paying that much more to Frontier anyway.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  20 September 2014 by T Phillips    (USA)

I have flown Frontier many times over the past several years. My last flight with the company will be my last! I flew economy class knowing that I would have to pay extra for checked and carry on luggage. Prior to my trip, I used Frontier's website to determine the acceptable dimensions of a carry on bag. I then measured the bag I intended to take. It was within the guidelines provided on the website. I paid to check one bag, and proceeded to the gate to board the flight. Just prior to boarding, the gate attendant required me to place my carry on bag in a little box to ensure that it was of proper size. It did not fit by less than a 1/4 of an inch in the length. They immediately charged me $50.00 for the carry on. I have flown with this same carry on bag for many years, it has even taken several trips on Frontier and fits perfectly under the seat. Needless to say, because of this experience, I will pay a little extra to fly on Southwest and/or United, at least then I will know exactly what its going to cost me before I leave the house!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  20 September 2014 by R Atkins    (USA)

I recently flew from Dulles to Atlanta and back, and for the most part, it was a pleasant experience. I have flown AirTran more often than another airline, and Frontier is comparable. I bought my tickets directly from Frontier, about 4 months in advance. I paid $20 for a carry on, $15 for an exit-row seat, and $3 to choose my seat at time of purchase (twice, coming and going), and my total round-trip fare with fees was $198, so if I had not paid the extra fees, it would have been $122. In reading the reviews here, I see that many people buy their tickets from third party sites (Orbitz, etc.) and are surprised by the "hidden fees" when they reach the gate. I really think that they have only themselves to blame. First, every time you fly, you should check the airline's website for their policies; the fees are very clear on Frontier's site. I think even the third-party sites tell you to check the airline's site. I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for people who make assumptions and then become indignant when their assumptions don't match reality. I also read below that the flight attendants wouldn't help lift luggage because of "policy." On both my flights, the staff were very helpful with luggage, so clearly it's either not a policy or one that not all attendants heed. The only minor complaint I have about Frontier was that both flights were late to take off by about 20-30 min. There seemed to be no particular reason for the delay. I didn't have a connecting flight, so I didn't care, but it might be useful info.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  20 September 2014 by Robert Cobb    (USA)

Never mind extra fee's! How about no show flights! Recently stranded in Milwaukee, flight 996 - Milwaukee to Trenton. Arrived 4 hours early for the flight and saw on status board that the flight was cancelled. Went to ticket counter and no one was there, when staff showed up for work I addressed them with the problem and was told a matter of factly that the flight was cancelled. I was treated like a fool and no one - not one Frontier rep cared that we didn't have a ride home. I had to rent a car and drive to Trenton from Milwaukee. Do not fly with this airline, they will strand you and leave you to fend for yourself.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by C Stangis    (USA)

Frontier used to be a solid budget airline and living in Denver I was comfortable using them. I must admit that the last month I've told many how my wife was recently treated. To start they are getting very skimpy on extras so she found out that her bag check would cost $35 when she got to the airport. This all but kills the advantage they have over United for 'cost' though if she had known earlier she would have bag checked to save money. More important though was the way that, first, the agent at the gate treated her about how she should have checked after she obviously didn't know about the fee. It was more of a "it's your fault" thing. Then she explained that she is recovering from shoulder surgery to the agent who told her to discuss this with a flight attendant and they will "Assist". Unfortunately when she boarded the less than helpful person said "Well, you should have bag checked if you have an issue lifting your bag and then told her per policy she couldn't help," My wife is very kind when speaking and pretty tough but the really rough attitudes had her crying. I'm sorry but I fly a lot and will do anything in my power to never fly them again and I live where the hub is.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by I Eval    (Nigeria)

Classic Plus

I took time to read the reviews of previous passengers of Frontier Airlines and if I had relied solely on what I had read, I would not have bought tickets. I disregarded the reviews, read all the requirements for baggage fees and seating costs and bought tickets for my daughter and I. Did round trip from Baltimore to Florida and back. It was a pleasant experience. The staff were extremely polite and helpful. Even after paying for luggage, seats and hand luggage, the total fare was less than most airlines, if not all. I will definitely fly with them again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by B Richards    (USA)

We arrived 90 minutes prior to our flight and (despite discrepancies in their fee structure from what their website stated) we made it to our gate trouble free. Only then did we find out that our flight was delayed by 2 hours because the co-pilot didn't show up (come to find out they had known for hours but didn't update their system so we woke up at 2.00am for nothing). They told us we would make our connecting flight despite the delay, which was an impossibility given the schedule. Of course, we missed our connecting flight and Frontier representatives were unhelpful and unapologetic. No one can tell us where our luggage is or when we will get home. Other carriers have open seats going to our destination but Frontier refuses to buy us a ticket. The next seat they can "promise us" will be 24+ hours after we arrived here!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  10 September 2014 by Paul Leroue    (USA)

Classic Plus

Another Frontier flight where the TV's don't work. On the way out from Denver today no TV and on the way back from Los Angeles tonight the same problem. Planes are as dirty as I have ever seen them. What happened to my favorite short run airline. I'm a Summit member who can't believe how quickly things have gone bad. Date of flight 9/6/14.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by M Goerndt    (USA)

We will not fly Frontier again. My husband and I bought our tickets through cheaptickets.com and picked Frontier because it had a non-stop flight to our destination, and because they had the cheapest fare by about $20 a ticket. We were only going to be gone a short time, so we both packed a carry-on so we could avoid paying to check a bag. When we checked in for our flight we found out that we would have to pay $35 for each carry-on! We thought Frontier was ridiculous to charge so much (if at all) for carry-ons when no other airline we've flown with charge for that. Also, Frontier charges almost $2.00 for a can of soda or juice. You only get one free cup of water, after that the price goes up to the same as for a soda. Frontier lures it's customers into buying airfare by offering tickets that seem to be the lowest priced, but then rob you with all the hidden fees. Frontier also has its flight attendants pitch a credit card offer to the passengers during the flight. I know that it is their job to do so, but I found it extremely annoying. Although the flight attendants were friendly, it does not make up for the feeling of being robbed. I will give Frontier a point for the flight attendants being friendly, and a point for it being a non-stop flight.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by A Robinson    (USA)

My husband and I arrived 55 minutes prior our 10.13 flight from Seattle to Denver on Labor Day. When we arrived to the ticket counter we saw a small sign that stated that a Frontier representative would not arrive until 11am and to use the nearby kiosks. We attempted to use the kiosks but the system stated that due to our late arrival we would need to speak with a Frontier representative. Since there was no representative at the ticket counter, we had no way to check in for boarding. When we call customer service they let us know that there was no way we would make our flight but Frontier would graciously charged an additional $150 to place us on another flight. We then were charged $50 for our 1 carry on bag.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by M Key    (USA)

My daughter needed a ticket from Dallas, TX to Minot, ND. There are only 4 airlines that go to Minot. When we started looking at prices, Frontier offered the one-way flight for a total of $174, which included a lay-over in Denver, CO. Regarding the "nickel and dime" tactics - I actually appreciate them! It provides the option of taking the services for an additional cost, or leaving them and saving some cash. The day before the flight we checked in online. During this check-in process, I added a checked bag for $15. The option was there to select a seat for $3-$25, but we opted out of the choosing. We printed the receipt for the bag, the boarding passes, and a receipt. The flight was scheduled to deport at 2.15pm so we arrived at DFW at 11.30 to make sure we had time should any issue arise. When we walked up to the ticket counters, a Frontier service agent was standing by the kiosks to provide assistance. Since I had printed my boarding passes, she directed me to a counter clerk who was checking bags of passengers who did not need to check-in at the counter. The checked bag weighed 50.5 lbs. They checked the bag. I asked about my daughters purse/bag to make sure we would not have a problem with it being too large to count as the free personal bag. She assured me it was fine. Both agents were friendly. This entire process so far had taken 5 minutes. The plane arrived to the gate, boarded, and took off on time from DFW to Denver. I asked my daughter about the seats and such and she said it was the same as most other flights she has been one. She did take her iPad with movies on it and watched that during the flight. Landed in Denver on time. The Denver to Minot flight arrived, boarded, and departed on time. She had a smooth flight, the flight was relatively uneventful and arrived in Minot 5 minutes early. After getting off of the plane, it took her about 20 minutes to get her luggage and she was on her way out of the airport! Overall, a budget airline with great prices.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by C Cook    (USA)

We flew Frontier for the first and last time this weekend. We purchased our tickets online with the assumption we could carry on our bags for the weekend. We were charged $60 each way. This was not disclosed when we purchased our tickets through Expedia. We were not able to sit together as the selection online required more payment to select our seats to "upgrade" in which we were not even upgrading, we just wanted to choose our seats. They now even charge for a pop. We fly 1-3 times per year. Just charge what you want up front (offer discounts for those who have no luggage which would probably be one in thousands) so people know what the total bill will be. It is very deceitful and unfair practice to get more money when it's advertised as the lowest fare etc.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by J Flynt    (USA)

Frontier seems to be doing their very best to consistently frustrate and anger the people who fly with them. My first experience, I was stuck in Denver for 18 hours due to cancellations and delayed flights. Then, when I requested another flight, staff did absolutely nothing to help me switch my flight, book a different flight, or even refund my original ticket. They had me on the next available flight at 9.30 am the next morning, (which would have been a 29 hour layover). I ended up just booking another ticket, with another airline, to fly to out. I understand weather causes delays, but at least work with the travelers to accommodate them on different flights/airlines or give them hotel/food vouchers to help. It was ridiculous. The next experience (and hopefully the last), I had to fly on a different date than the date on my ticket. They tried to charge $450 dollars to change the date by two days, even though I had just purchased the ticket a few hours earlier that day. They refused to refund the ticket, (it would be issued as "credit" for a different ticket) and wanted to charge me an additional $75 dollars to cancel the ticket. The airline employers are extremely rude. The line was long, the travelers were getting frustrated, while the only two workers did everything in their power to take as long as they possibly could. They denied military checked bags, (even though I had travel orders) because I had 3 of them and the girl was too lazy to tag them. I demanded to speak to a supervisor and was able to get them all checked for free. Will do everything in my power to not fly with this airline again. Even if I have to pay 50 bucks more for United, it still comes out even since I don't have to pay $35 to bring a carryon.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2014 by J Balloue    (USA)

Worst airline experience. The employees are rude and snotty, they airline charges you for everything. $15 to pick your seats for a family of 4 that's $60, $30 for a carry on, $25 for each 1st checked bag, $4 for water no free refreshments here. I can't understand how they stay in business. If you want a roomier seat that's $30. On take off there were unsecure bins in the galley so when the plane pitched up there was a loud crash. We flew this airline because it was the one Priceline recommended for our trip. They took an hour to get everyone's checked luggage to baggage claim. Save yourself the headache, pay a little more and fly a real airline carrier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Alison Dunnebecke    (USA)

Classic Plus

Flight 754 on 8/17/2014 from Sky Harbor to DIA. They have all these rules about when we are to check in etc but when we get there to check in where are they? The Sky Harbor ticket counter was horrible. Not only did we have to wait on them for 15+ minutes when they did show up they sauntered like they had all day. No comments to anyone about our wait. We happened to be first and actually got our bags tagged after the sixth person in line behind us. The gal "helping" us was rude and I swear moving as slow as she could. Maybe I should not have said anything about being there first! I have over 200k frequent flyer miles-Southwest here I come!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Julie Lawler Simpson    (USA)

I have been flying Frontier Airlines for years. Not anymore. Both flights had broken down planes. My flight out of Milwaukee had a flat tyre. There was only 1 maintenance person on duty. They had to call another in to help fix the tyre. Our flight to Denver was delayed 2.5 hours. Of course our connecting flight was gone once we landed in Denver and there were no other flights available. Frontier shuttled everyone to a hotel for the night. On the way back home my flight from Denver to Milwaukee also had a broken plane. Flight delayed by 2 hours because we had to wait for a plane from Los Angeles. I have flown almost every US airline and this is the worst.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by G Temkin    (USA)

What you get on Frontier Airlines is one glass of water free. Everything else costs something and all those something's are so under par that the whole Frontier Experience becomes a terrible experience and a costly one. You really don't get a carry on, unless it's as big as an old computer case. Customer service will split up families and try to seat two year olds from their mother, and they don't follow through with handicap assistance. I found the whole Frontier Experience not one to do again. I advise you to get a credit card with baggage allowances and fly those airlines. They are better and cheaper. I forgot about my credit cards but I won't forget again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by N Chavarria    (USA)

Thunderstorms in Denver are common and although they cause delays, the delays are typically limited to 45-60 mins. We flew from Milwaukee to Denver to Santa Ana and back the same way. Our flights were all on time, and even arrived a little early each destination. All of the staff were very friendly, from the people at the check-in counter, the flight crew and even pilots. The check-in counter people were very accommodating to our family with two small children. My husband is a veteran and with his military ID they gave us free checked bags, and also even upgraded one of our flights to stretch seating! This was a very appreciated surprise! This was definitely an excellent experience flying with Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by C Iorg    (USA)

Was set to fly out on a Friday to Denver then Bozeman from Atlanta. ATL airport had a fire in a tram which shut down passenger travel between concourses. Long story short, we were stranded in a tunnel. I wasn't worried as I told my wife and kids that the airport is shut down, so our flight will be delayed. I am not exaggerating when I tell you that the monitor had every flight delayed but the Frontier flight, it took off without us and several other people. I still thought, "It's ok, they will get us out to Denver to catch our connecting somehow." I was incredibly let down as the airline did nothing to help us, just put us on a flight 3 days later. They didn't offer any apologies, made no efforts to fix the problem. To make it worse, they redirected our bags from Bozeman back to Atlanta on a Saturday. Of course, the bags did not make it to ATL. Another 2 and half hour conversation with Frontier - more rudeness. I got a security guard in Bozeman to get a luggage woman to finally locate our bags and hold them for us. It took me 15 minutes what Frontier couldn't do in 2 days.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by K Fjelstad    (USA)

Trying to get home to Orange County, CA from Orlando. Flight was scheduled for Monday but I tried to grab an earlier flight. Frontier had zero flights leaving until Monday. On Monday as I arrived at the airport I was notified the flight had been changed to 5.48 am the following day. I was given a hotel voucher. A few hours later I happened to be walking past ticketing and noticed my flight to Denver was now showing 11.48 pm same day (in a few hours). I asked if the flight at 5.48 am tomorrow was still on schedule. She said no that now tonight's 11.48pm flight. No one called or emailed me letting me know about the change. I asked if I could fly the 7.45 am flight next day instead of this 11.48 pm flight. Was told no, it's full. When asked if they could try to change my connecting flight time in Denver from 2 pm to something a little earlier, they said they didn't know how to do that. I was traveling with a 9 year old and they didn't put us together. I look forward to my 12 hour lay over in Denver now. Will never fly this awful airline again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Z Wymore    (USA)

Excellent service. I flew to Nashville from Montana round trip I have no complaints that's over 4 thousand miles with frontier. We had a delay in Denver but that will happen with all the top notch planes as well.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by S Kang    (USA)

I am a medical student in Omaha and took a quick trip out to Durango with friends. The airplane broke down before the scheduled departure, the mechanic was not available, I missed my connection in Denver and have been here for the last 24-27 hours. Apparently Frontier does not work with other airlines - or other airlines don't work with Frontier. The two men at the gate where I was on standby were less than courteous, the ladies at the customer desk were nice but unhelpful. They have no way of checking to make sure that my luggage arrived in Omaha either. For a company that nickels and dimes its customers for seat assignments, carry-ons, etc. it sure isn't making itself seem worth the money. Just save yourself the headache and fly another airline.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by A Dunnebecke    (USA)

Classic Plus

Flying from Phoenix to Denver. Frontier has all these rules about when passengers need to check in but it is ok to make us wait 15-20 minutes to check our bags. The staff come sauntering down to the ticket counter, no apologies and no welcomes. My husband and I were the first ones there, had checked in and reprinted our boarding passes and ready to go. Did a ticket agent ask who was there first. Of course not and then we ended up waiting while they dealt with six groups before we were taken care of. When I said we were there first I got the evil eye and then had to wait until the agent got to us and deal with her snarky attitude. I swear that cost us even more time. When I tried to call customer service the edit time is 35 minutes. Guess I am not the only one with issues. I have 200k miles in my frequent flyer program. Guess I will have to be desperate to us those. Southwest here I come.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Monica Camous    (USA)

Thunderstorms in Denver are common and although they cause delays, the delays are typically limited to 45-60 mins. My flight from STL to DEN was delayed 2 hrs, then 4 hrs, I wasn't worried as my layover for my flight to SEA was 5 hrs. When we arrived in DEN, we were informed that flight was delayed 6 hours (leaving at midnight as opposed to 6 pm. The plane arrived but the outgoing crew had left. They changed the flight until 1.45 am and finally cancelled the flight, stranding all 150 passengers in the airport. No rooms offered, no meals offered, not even a toothbrush!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Tina Snow    (USA)

Flew from SLC to Denver then to Puerto Vallarta. First flew with small children all separated from parents when asked to change seats was told by a very rude stewardess that we had to stay in assigned seats. What person flying wants to sit next to someone else's crying two year old? Then the stewardess had the nerve to talk to other passengers about us, very unprofessional. Pay the extra fly Delta.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  12 August 2014 by A Mccook    (USA)

Classic Plus

Flew in and out of Trenton from St. Augustine. A little nervous after reading review, however, our experience was great. I didn't go in with high expectations and was very pleased with the outcome. First, we flew Classic Plus, which allowed more leg room (my son is 6'3" and needs extra space). This allowed us to check a bag each and have carry on for free (in addition to the allowed personal item). The seats were roomy and comfy. The staff at each airport was friendly (we arrived 1.5 hours before the flight with boarding passes printed at home as instructed). Had read horrible reviews of Trenton, but found it very nice, though small. Restrooms available at the gate, a nice little eatery upstairs (before security). If you plan well and read the fine print, you should have no complaints. It was 100 times better than my latest flight on United to Newark last month.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  12 August 2014 by K Koprulu    (USA)

Flight Cleveland Hopkins to Fort Lauderdale. Flight was delayed already when we got there because of domino effect of previous flights. It was delayed even more when previous delayed flight to Atlanta had a bad tyre which delayed theirs and our flight by one hour. Total delay time for our flight more than 2.5 hours. A lot of people are leaving negative reviews because they never read the small print. Use your common sense a $30 flight is not going to include baggage fees. Plane was airbus A320 featuring fin the tiger shark. Seats were very uncomfortable and needed new cushions. No IFE. Crew was friendly and we received free drinks for late time. I expected this from a cheap airline so that's why the review is not too negative.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 August 2014 by J McCarron    (USA)

I've flown 8 times with Frontier airlines and I couldn't be happier with their service. The flights were laid back and quiet. Once I even lost my boarding pass after I went through the security checkpoint. The lady at the terminal was very nice, understanding and knowledgeable. After verifying my identity, with a few clicks at a computer she printed me out another pass and I was able to catch my flight without a problem. They've never lost any of my luggage either. The inflight crew were always very nice and quick to respond to questions and concerns. The only down-side I could find is that you can only buy in-flight refreshment with a credit card - no cash.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Timothy McLachlan    (USA)

Each time, if you are in the front three rows, the crew restrict usage of the overhead in preference to the people not already boarded. This usually means that we end up putting their bag further down the plane and the first three bins usually end up not full, and people boarding further back of the plane end up using the bins. It is illogical and rude to the passengers already boarded. Now we have to wait to go down the plane to get our bags. It makes now sense. Frontier, you have lost me with your ridiculous policy.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Beth Campbell    (USA)

July 29, 2014 was flying from Minneapolis to Idaho Falls one stop in Denver. Ladies at the ticket check in said the flight was overbooked due to weather and we would not make the connecting flight until Aug 3. After 2 hours of going back and forth talking to them about options which they were unwilling to help with we asked how many seats were available, well we found out 6 or 7 so why could we not go on our assigned flight? We arrived in Denver the flight to Idaho Falls was delayed and yes there were seats available their too. So why did the ticket ladies not just let us check-in in the first place?? It would have saved us 2 hours of stress. I'll never fly with them again!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by J Meyers    (USA)

Plane departed and returned to the gate three times while in Atlanta due to a warning light. On the fourth try the plane took off - now 5 hours late. Connections were missed in Denver by nearly everyone on the plane, resulting in a mass of unhappy yelling customers. Options presented by Frontier were to wait for the next flight - in 48 hours - or get booked on a different airline with additional legs and a long layover. Frontier offered a hotel voucher for what ended up being a 3 hour stay and meal vouchers, which were not usable at 1 am. Through this I had a toddler with me who became exhausted and dehydrated. Never again will I consider Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by K West    (USA)

I had no problems with my flights (PDX-CVG via Denver) either with Frontier's service, personnel, or my expectations. It strikes me that most of the people posting really bad reviews didn't read the information Frontier provides when purchasing a ticket. Frontier is exactly what it says it is, basically an al a carte airline. My flights were on time, the staff was professional and courteous. Check in online and print your boarding passes at home and you'll have no problems at the gate.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by K LaRoche    (USA)

Classic Plus

I've flown Frontier numerous times and never had a problem except once my luggage was on a later flight. Minor inconvenience, and it was returned to me at 2am the next morning. It happens with any airline. The staff have always been friendly and attentive. I guess there's always a first time, but I still plan to fly with Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Beth Campbell    (USA)

My sisters and I went to Minneapolis. We left Idaho Falls, flight 446 and 120 on July 25, 2014. Flights went smoothly and staff were nice. July 29 2014, on our return, flights 115 and 447. We arrived at the Frontier counter to check in and were told a tornado hit Denver and all seats were taken and no seats available until Aug 3 2014 so we could get a refund that night. In a panic we checked other airlines to Idaho Falls, we could get another flight the next morning Delta or United. We asked the Frontier counter to help us book a flight, they said they could not help us, either a refund or travel Aug 3. We were about to ask for our refund when my brother in law suggested we try again to get to Denver, options were better there to get to Idaho Falls and cheaper. The ladies at the counter said they could not help us, we asked if their were seats available on flight 115, finally they said yes there were seats available but we would miss the flight to Idaho Falls. We told them we would take our chances since the flight going to Denver was delayed 1 hour maybe the flight to Idaho Falls would also be delayed, they would not assign us seats to Idaho Falls just to Denver, only check our baggage to Denver, which we opted to carry on. We barely arrived at the gate for flight 115 after 2 hours of fighting with staff at the check in counter as they were boarding. Staff on the flight were very nice and apologetic. Flight 447 was delayed due to weather as we expected and had to wait for seating assignments just as they were boarding. Boarded the plane and again their were a few empty seats. Arrived in Idaho Falls only 30 minutes later than the scheduled arrival time! Had we not insisted that staff get us on flight 115 we would still be in Minnesota.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Greg Broom    (USA)

I arrive with more than 40 minutes to spare for my flight from Trenton to Raleigh. Due to a website issue I was unable to print out a proper boarding pass. Upon arrival the kiosk would not allow me to print my pass as it was under the 45 minute deadline, a deadline that I have never encountered in all my years of flying. The Frontier reps at the counter were of no help and were quite hostile to my (and the 7 other passengers) complaints. They are essentially running a racket. Trenton airport is small and the time to the gate from the ticket counter would have been 5 minutes or less. Yet, Frontier asks (though I have yet to see this information anywhere other than the Trenton ticket counter) you arrive a full 2 hours before a flight to get a boarding pass. My flight was at 6.25 this morning. It was an absurd experience and easily the worst I have ever encountered flying.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Enzo Scifo    (USA)

I can only speak to our experience on Frontier and it was good. Flew from Cincinnati to Punta Cana, DR on a chartered vacation flight in July 2014. Non -stop. 1 free checked back, carry on and soda. Food was extra. Both round trip flights started boarding early, left on time, and arrived a few minutes early. I would fly Frontier again if the price was right and departure times made sense.