Frontier Airlines Passenger Reviews and Frontier Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  16 April 2014 by J Hanhardt    (USA)

Classic Plus

My wife and I flew from SEATAC to Midway near Chicago with a stop in Denver. This was round-trip so there were four flights in all. Not one flight left on time. You would think the law of probably would ensure that at least one flight would be on schedule but that was not so. We flew classic plus so we had one free checked bag, one free carry-on and a free drink during the flight. I feel sorry for those that had to pay for those things. When did we have to start paying extra for customer service? Since you have to pay extra for everything everybody tries to make all their luggage carry-on. This slowed down the boarding process and only made the whole experience worse. Everything but the seat you were sitting in was extra, and it seems that if federal guidelines would allow them to pack more people onto a plane by doing away with the seats they would do that too! The flight attendants were courteous to your face but since we sat in the front right next to them we could overhear them talking about passengers in the back and previous passengers on other flights. Very unprofessional. I would not recommend this airline to anyone expecting a decent experience. If you don't mind being treated like you are cattle being led to slaughter then this airline is for you. I wouldn't fly Frontier again no matter how low the fare is.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by J Herzog    (USA)

I fly all the time and try to fly Frontier if at all possible, that is until tonight. I won't be flying them anymore. Flying Denver to Kansas City originally leaving at 7.15. After three gate changes our flight is delayed over 2 hours. Funny thing is there is a later Frontier flight flying to Kansas City and they are boarding now. Everyone is asking, why Frontier wouldn't switch planes so earlier flight could leave first. We aren't only people affected either, Frontier is moving everyone gate to gate and there are delays galore.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  8 April 2014 by Paul Leschensky    (USA)

I fly a lot for business and must check a bag for tools. My selected seats (non premium) were rejected at check in and random seats were assigned. I expected baggage fees for checked baggage, but my briefcase was large enough to qualify as a carry on instead of a personal item. Sizing explanation was not available until the rate increased from $50 to $100. Random seat assignment always means middle seat assignment. My return flight was not as booked, but this may be my travel agent. By the time all of the surprise fees were added, I could have flown another carrier for less. They would be better named hidden fee, or bait and switch airlines. Alaska, Delta, and United would be better choices for routes in the Northwest and West. I didn't eat or drink on the flight, but n/a is not a review option, so I chose no opinion. The flight crew was professional and genial, the check in staff was bright and chipper, but unhelpful.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by T Emmett    (USA)

Flew PHX-DEN on 3/27 for $90 a person during spring break. Flight was on time, boarding quick and organized, except for the carry on bag size check, which was very unorganized at boarding. Flight attendants gave out water for free, and on a 1.5 hr flight food and drink purchases weren't needed. Checked bag was out before we even got to the baggage claim belt. All in all a very positive experience and highly recommend Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by M McIntyre    (USA)

I was penalized because I booked my flight through Orbitz. I had to pay for seats - $8 a piece so that I could sit with my kids. The airlines nickel and dimes you - you pay to carry on or to check a bag. I ended up paying $80 each direction to check 4 bags for my family. Then they give you no beverages for free on the flight - a 4hr flight and you have to pay $2 for a coffee or soda! Finally - their computer system could not let us check in online - because my husband and son share the same full name - one is Jr the other is III. I have never had a problem with this on any other airline. Frontier told me I should have booked their tickets separately.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by J Krafsur    (USA)

Denver-Orlando and return: March 18-24 (FFT678/FFT681). If you know what you are getting into with this airline, it's not half bad. I researched and knew Frontier charges for carry-ons if you don't meet the requirements or book a fare on their website, so I made sure to bring a proper sized bag and got on no problem. I do the same thing when I fly Spirit. The customer service wasn't very good in Denver, but once on the plane the flight attendants were very nice and helpful, especially when my TV broke, and the customer service in Orlando was noticeably better. The flight on the way out was delayed due to snow and wind but I can't fault Frontier. Overall, an enjoyable experience and considering they have TV (yes, they charge but so do most others), I did my research, and they were nearly $200 cheaper than the nearest non-stop competitor, I would certainly would continue flying them again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 March 2014 by D Endres    (USA)

Des Moines to Las Vegas, March 24, 2014 and return on March 27, 2014. One of the legs was flight 782 on March 27th. They reel you in with a low fare and then nickel and dime you to death. As a business traveler, I'll steer clear of this airline from this point forward.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2014 by William Yacker    (USA)

Flight 667, March 7 2014, Cleveland to San Francisco. My 19 year old daughter booked a flight in early March and had two small carry on bags. When she checked in, no one at Frontier mentioned anything about a charge for a second carry on. When she got to the gate they told her she needed to pay $100 for the second carry on. She offered to check-in the second small bag and was told "no, we have to charge you $100." She ended up having to check the bag anyway, but they still charged her $100.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  27 March 2014 by Abshire John    (USA)

I flew from Denver to San Diego on 8.59pm flight. We did not board until 9.20pm, and started to taxi but returned to the gate due to the plane had a malfunction with one engine. We didn't taxi for another 20 minutes which all of this caused a serious delay! All of these events seemed to be a disorganization on Frontiers' behalf. After all of this confusion and frustration Frontier employees acted as if they did passengers a favor. No compensation was awarded i.e. beverages or anything. On top of this distraction I landed late causing my rental car reservation to be cancelled and had to barter with taxi drivers for transportation to my hotel. As far as I'm concerned this airline has the worst customer service bar none!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  18 March 2014 by M Stearns    (USA)

I have flown Frontier before and thought that for the price it was a good option. However I suppose it had been longer than I remember since I experienced Frontier. I was told that my carry on was too big (I have taken it on every flight for years, including Frontier) and that I had to check it. Then I was told that whether I checked the bag or carried it on, that I would be charged an extra fee! I specifically travel light to avoid fees and baggage mix ups. I actually drive an extra hour to get to an airport that includes Frontier so that I can get a good deal. Never again. I hate to say this as I am a working person myself and don't quickly complain about service, but unfortunately the Frontier employees were plain rude. I can almost overlook this since I would be frustrated with all the angry customers if I had to deal with them too. Frontier doesn't seem to care about the passengers anymore.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by M Demitroff    (USA)

March 3, 2014 – Flight F9 395, ILG–DEN. March 5, 2014 – Flight F9 396, DEN–ILG. Thank you Frontier for my recent ILG–DEN flight, coincidently on the Alberta Clipper and Polar Bear tail ID. The New Castle (Wilmington, DE) Airport was pretty much the only game in town during the March 3 snowstorm. Nearby Philadelphia Airport was all but closed. This was true for earlier snowstorms too. Our flight was delayed about an hour due to de-icing issues, not the airline’s fault. This little airport has all the charm of a Soviet-era military installation, but I’ll gladly forego shopping mall ambience for short lines, free parking, easy access, and cheap flights. I carried-on, so can't comment on baggage. Service was comparable to other low-cost domestic carriers. Return DEN-ILG was delayed about 20 minutes. Their Mediterranean Sky Snacks Box was purchased for $7, and it was ample, tasty, and good value for money.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  13 March 2014 by G Kenrick    (USA)

I used to be a big fan of Frontier but no more. Three of us travelled from DFW to SLC for spring break. Much to my surprise, I was not allowed to take my carry-on bag onto the plane unless I paid $100. My other choice was to have them check it for $35, more than if I had checked it in initially. The gate personnel could not have been ruder. I will never look at Frontier again when booking a trip.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  11 March 2014 by A Davis    (USA)

My husband lives in Chicago and I live in the Northeast. One of us flies every two weeks. We use Frontier on a regular basis and while I think they can improve on the carry on bag, size checking process, other than that, we've both been more than impressed with the low fares and clean, safe planes. The flight crew are funny and make the trip seem quick.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  10 March 2014 by B Magee    (USA)

This was my first and last flight with Frontier. We arrived at DIA with plenty enough time to drop off our bags and make it in time to the gate for departure. However, when we tried to print our already completed boarding passes and drop off our bags, the computer directed us to go directly to the gate. The only option we were given was to re-book a later flight at a cost of $100 per person (5). We were not treated properly and can only anticipate how we will be treated once we actually get on the next flight. I already do not like the cost to pick a seat and the cost to bring luggage and will try to stick with Southwest for future flights. Judging from the other posts, it is clear Frontier has a serious PR problem and doesn't care about customer service.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2014 by Wilmette Reid    (USA)

2013 Christmas Vacation from Atlanta, Georgia to Trenton, New Jersey. I found a ticket within my budget and booking the ticket was easy. Boarding was done quickly and very organized. The stewardesses were kind and very helpful to passengers. The only difficulty I experienced was with the ticket checker upon boarding in Atlanta, after I learned that my bag wasn't within standard regulations to be a carry on. This one young lady was very rude and short with me. She took no time at all to explain to me, the steps that I needed to take to secure my bag from the gate. Her only reply was "You're not getting on this plane." I was quite taken back by her rudeness. However as quickly as she had insulted me, another young lady at the desk came to my rescue and she was very helpful and polite. I was able to check my bag and board my flight, without further incident. The plane was clean and the flight was quiet and friendly.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  27 February 2014 by Melissa West    (USA)

My husband and I got to the airport to discover that the flight had been delayed 10 hours. There was only one person behind the desk to re-route an entire plane of people. We got in line and the line had barely moved in 2 hours. I called Frontier, was told that the next time we could get out to our destination was 5 days from then. I then went to the American Airlines counter-they said if Frontier was willing to release the first half of our tickets they would be glad to honor them. I called Frontier and they refused. When I tried to reschedule the return date for 5 days later, the agent said they would do that but we would have to pay 100$ each for a rebooking fee. Everyone in line had horror stories about Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  26 February 2014 by Ivan Cintron    (USA)

Orlando to Denver. First and last time I will fly with Frontier. Very rude and disrespectful flight attendants. They were the most unprofessional crew I have seen. They treated everybody like they were doing them a favor. They simply don't realize that customers pay their wages. It's just not worth it.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  20 February 2014 by B Schaugaard    (USA)

This was my first and last experience with Frontier Airlines. I bought my ticket not directly from Frontier Airlines and found they treat these tickets as if you are an inferior customer. I paid to check in my luggage and not one word was mentioned about my carry on, I proceeded to the gate and was told I had to pay $100 to get on with my carry on bag. I travel often and have never had to pay for a carry on. The gate agent had terrible customer service and when I finally made it on the plane everyone around me was also complaining about the horrible customer service.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 February 2014 by Troy Taylor    (USA)

The first time I have used Frontier and it will be the last. Everything was fine until I was boarding and then they said that my ticket didn't say carry on.I had to walk to the check in desk which was about 20 feet away and tell them. This is when I was told that I needed to pay $100. After that shock and paying the money they then told me to carry my bag and go ahead and get on the plane. On my return flight I made sure that I told the check in attendant that I had a carry on and needed to have it on my ticket so I wouldn't have to pay 100 more dollars. She then said my bag was too big and would have to be checked. I have used this bag for many flights and never has it been to big for carry on. It is the standard size approved for airline carry on. Worst airline I have flown.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by E Schrank    (USA)

Our flight was cancelled due to the recent snow, was told since we didn't buy our ticket from them we have no travel options to get rebooked. Now on my 3rd day of standby. Everyone I have dealt with has been rude and gives conflicting advice. We were offered another flight in a week or money back. Problem is this is a family vacation now with lost rental car, lost ski condo etc. no offer to switch airlines or rebook as things settled out from storm. No offers to get others to give up their seats. Never seen anything like it.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  13 February 2014 by S Kalvin    (USA)

Flight 668 and 678 on Feb 4, 2014. Tries to charge you for every little thing. Who ever heard of charging for carry-on baggage? As if it costs them anything for me to drag on my own suitcase, hoist it up to the overhead compartment, and then lug it back down! Why do they charge so I can pick my seats? $1.95 for a Coke? There was no airsick bag when I started feeling nauseous. Luckily the stewardess got a plastic bag to me on time, but how many times does someone have to wait 5-10 minutes for a stewardess to show up and no one does? Finally they spend half the flight trying to get me to buy a frequent flyer credit card. I'd rather drive.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by E Buton    (USA)

I wish I had read these before booking. We booked our flight through another site, so had to pay for bags (the only way we knew about the flight was because of the other site, you would think they would be glad for the business), travelled with children, could not sit together, ended up in middle seats throughout the plane. We arrived at our initial airport on time, but the incoming flight was late, so we got in late to Denver, they let us off the plane to try to make it, we ran to the gate to be told (with 10 other passengers) that they released the plane. We were four minutes late, apparently that was the one flight that could not be late, we were trying to make a reception that night in SLC so had few other options. Customer service was the worst I have experienced in 40+years, several different people sat at the counters without acknowledging customers, when they did talk to us, they were extremely rude, acted inconvenienced by customers. We've flown 4 airlines this year, this was our first and last for Frontier. Awful, not worth the cheap tickets, we got nickel and dimed and treated unprofessionally.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 February 2014 by Joe Alicea    (USA)

I caught a Frontier Airlines flight from San Francisco to Denver, CO then from Denver to Cincinnati on Feb 5th, 2014. The airfare is reasonable but I was surprised to learn that you cannot choose a seat in advance, I was charged $50 for a carryon luggage plus another $25 for a "preferred seat". The agent at the gate later explained to me that I had a "basic" ticket which does not afford passengers with similar benefits than those who book their flights through Frontier AL website. Another surprise is they charge passengers to watch onboard Direct TV ($5.95) plus $1.95/standard beverage such as Pepsi products, coffee, etc.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  5 February 2014 by Saketh Rahm    (USA)

Classic Plus

Another awful experience by this, the worst of US carriers. Flew IAH-DEN one way, only good part was that the ticket was cheap and flight left on time. Previous flights all delayed by at least an hour. Crew were surly and rude and didn't want to be there. One attendant barked at passengers to not put bags in the overhead unless it was their row (never heard that before). Another yelled at me for keeping my Iphone on during taxiing, which is allowed by every other airline now (TSA/FAA have change the rules). Worst part is they charge you for a can of soda ($2) and make a big deal about giving you the whole can!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by Brian McHugh    (USA)

Flew Frontier for first and last time to Nashville-Phoenix. Connecting flight delayed 45 minutes due to mechanical problem with door. Return trip: Phoenix-Denver flight ok. Flight from Denver to Nashville took off and had to return to Denver (plane landing gear unable to retract). In both situations, staff had very poor communication informing passengers of situation. Rudest flight attendants I have experienced. No compensation for inconvenience or lost time due to delays. Frontier is an economy airline, I get it. They want to charge you for anything/everything they can. Baggage, food and beverages.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 January 2014 by Dan Miller    (USA)

Just did a round trip from Salt Lake to Orlando, changing in Denver. We had pre chosen seats on Orbitz, we arrived and had been separated for our flights, what would posses a company to charge for a carry on, I paid $20 for a checked bag and then was stiffed for $25 for a carry on. But here is the good part when boarding in Denver from Salt Lake the plane was late so we had to rush to the next and was treated horrible by the flight attendant saying we couldn't come on late and expect a place for our carry on (the one I paid $25 for). No complimentary snacks or beverages.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Shannon Greene    (USA)

I booked a flight on Frontier for my parents on Oribz.com. Their whole Frontier Airlines experience was a disaster. The Frontier employees told my parents that because they booked on through a third party, that their seat assignments would not be honored. My senior citizen parents were crammed in the last row by the bathrooms and made to feel like it was their fault because of where they bought their tickets. They were not seated together. They were surprised to find out upon check in that carry on bags are not free, even though the Frontier website chart says that "Economy" tickets are free. They came to learn that this is only if you book directly through Frontier. Very misleading. They had to pay $50 to take their carry on. The gate attendants were rude. My parents arrived early for their return flight and were made to feel stupid for getting there 2.5 hours early. The gate attendant told them to just sit there and "someone will be around at some point". So tricky baggage fees, rude employees, and being treated like you in trouble because you bought your ticket off Orbitz all equal one bad experience and the fact that our family will never fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 January 2014 by H Veenendaal    (USA)

My wife and daughter flew out the day after Christmas (2013) and arrived 2 hours prior to boarding as recommended. Much to our surprise the line to check baggage was extremely long compared to what the other airlines were experiencing. It was apparent that Frontier was under staffed behind the counters so by the time it was our turn to check in, the gate was closed for our flight. They did not have an express check in so we were out of luck as this would have helped. Fortunately, a relative gave us her miles for my wife and daughter to fly on Delta and after explaining to the Delta representative what had happened they were given priority check in and they were on a flight 3 hours later to their destination. After numerous phone calls with waits of up to 1 1/2 hours, Frontier gave us vouchers for the fight that was missed. We have always had great experiences with Frontier over the years but apparently with all the reorganizations, buyouts etc.. have lost the customer service they once had.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  15 January 2014 by P Johnston    (USA)

Traveled from Trenton, NJ, to Fort Myers week before Thanksgiving. It was one of the most pleasant flights I've had in a long time. They have a small terminal in Trenton, not like dealing with Newark. Check-in staff were nice and security was quick. They have a tiny store in the small waiting area to buy snacks/drinks. Plane was about 30 minutes late, but once it got there, they had us boarded and doors closed in about 15 minutes. They boarded from the middle to front and middle to back - common sense! Flight crew very pleasant. I didn't like the idea you could only purchase drinks or snacks or TV with a credit or debit card, no cash. The plane was very clean, restrooms spotless, flight quiet and comfortable. In Fort Myers, I went to the first baggage claim to find my luggage already on the rack. I spent less than five minutes in Fort Myers airport! Return flight was on time and flight crew was also fun. Boarding was organized: first 4 rows, then those who had carry-ons that would fit under the seat. I got on then and everyone with bags for overhead got on quickly with much less stress than the Continental flight I took in May. Return flight the same as the first, quiet and on time. I had to pay $25 for my luggage each way, but not for carry-on. For me, this was a great value: $178 round trip and $50 total for baggage. From the comments above, some encounter problems with Frontier, but it seems to be mostly on connecting flights. I will definitely give Frontier another try as my experience this time was very good!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2014 by Karen Rust    (USA)

Our flight was Kansas City to Denver with a connection in Denver to Las Vegas on Mon Jan 6th. Flight scheduled to leave at 6.30am. Flight delayed 4 hours supposedly for mechanical issues. They do not communicate to passengers or update on status. Many people were led to believe they will make connections and waited for info for 2-4 hours to be told they will not make their connecting flight. When we finally arrived in Denver, we were told to go to Customer Service to reschedule our connecting flight and waited in excess of 4 hours just to get to the counter. Told that the next flight out would be the next day! Finally, we got food vouchers, we had been at Frontiers mercy for over 18 hours. After arriving at 3am at Las Vegas airport, we had to get our luggage out of impound. From the time of booking to when we flew, several changes were made that negatively impacted our trip. We were not notified that because we had an economy ticket purchased through a third-party vendor that our carry-on bag would be $100 per bag to take on the plane along with no food or beverages offered without a charge incurred. The recent addition of fees for everything but use of the bathroom has taken Frontier Airlines to the very bottom of the food chain. Our return flight was no better. We made it on the Las Vegas flight to Denver. When we got to Denver our flight was delayed. Our plane was to leave at 9.13pm. We got food and started back to the terminal and when we got there, they wouldn't open the doors to let us on the plane. This was 9.10pm. We were told to go to Customer Service to be rescheduled for another flight. By the time we got down to the Customer Service desk, the woman was very rude and said that she couldn't do anything without us paying an additional $100. I paid the money and got a stand-by for 10.12am and a confirmation for a 3pm flight. We spent the next 13 hours sitting at the boarding gate. No where to lay down but on the floor, and, again, our luggage made its way home, but we didn't. I will never fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  10 January 2014 by Peri Harlan    (USA)

Over winter break my family enjoyed a wonderful Skiing vacation in Colorado. My boyfriend and I had to leave the trip early. Because of this, we paid a shuttle service to get us to the airport early on Sunday morning. When we got to the airport we saw the Frontier flight was delayed 2 hours. No text, no call, no email to warn us of this inconvenience. When we got to the gate, I politely asked the lady what the problem was, weather, mechanical, or just a delay at the other airport. She told me it was mechanical. With that, I asked if we could be compensated for our time in the airport with food vouchers. She replied that the delay was not set in stone and therefore would not reward customers. The flight did not leave for another 3 hours and we were not compensated for any food during that time. I was extremely disappointed and plan to never fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 January 2014 by E Schild    (USA)

I traveled Frontier to come home from Los Angeles. Frontier has a rule that their ticketing counters open 2 hours prior to departure. Arrived at the LAX ticket counter a little early and had to wait 45 minutes for an agent to check me in. However, agents were very nice and got me checked in fine. I flew to Denver from LAX and had no complaints with flight attendants and pilots. My second flight was from Denver (depart at 5pm) to Cleveland. I went up to the agent at the gate to ask a question. He greets me with, "Yo." I found that to be very unprofessional. We ended up departing at 7pm, I have never boarded a plane so slowly. We landed in Cleveland around midnight. It must be a Frontier thing to be understaffed when unloading bags off the aircraft, because that was the case. With all of this said, I will never be flying Frontier Airlines ever again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Mary Sacco    (USA)

I flew from Orlando to Trenton NJ. Flight delayed twice but did take off finally. When the flight arrived in Trenton the pilot announced that the runway was too icy to land. We circled for 45 minutes more they tried to de ice the runway. No success! The pilot announced we would now land in Wilmington Delaware and a representative would meet us and provide hotel accommodations. They kept us on the runway for almost 90 minutes and we were told that they were making accommodations for everyone with hotels. Finally get into the airport and are told that they have no intention of providing of providing hotel accommodation. We sit for almost 90 minutes and are told they hired a bus to transport people. Too icy to land a plane but they felt is was fine to put people on a bus. Airport was closing and they were not offering any other options. Arrived back at Trenton 3.30 am. I will never fly this airline again and I don't care how cheap it is, absolutely awful service.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Debi Burgess    (USA)

Kansas City to Denver connection on Mon Jan 6th. Will never book Frontier again. Surprise fees at the gate. Our flight was delayed for 4 hours supposedly for mechanical issues. They do not communicate to passengers or update on status.Many people were led to believe they will make connections and waited for info for 2-4 hours to be told they will not make their connections. Passengers were in a line to schedule alternative flights to find 1 agent to assist them. Then told you will need to call their 800 number. No excuse for that kind of customer service.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  8 January 2014 by E Wyatt    (USA)

I do not recommend this airline for people traveling between Chicago and Trenton. The primary reason: the lack of any semblance of a contingency plan in the event of weather related travel delays. Our Monday flight home to Chicago was cancelled due to weather (not the airlines fault), however, the next available flight was Thursday (3 days later). The announcement was made by an attendant yelling it through the terminal, and passengers had to quickly get in line in the hope they would get on the flight. The attitude of the attendants was apathetic, and no efforts were made to help customers rebook a different flight. Certainly no notion of adding an additional flight to help customers reach their final destination. There was minimal assistance helping people find transportation from the airport, find lodging for the evening, and it felt like we were being pushed out the door as everyone was scrambling to change their plans and find a way home. General complaints include: understaffed baggage drop-offs, confusing and useless signage, extremely slow kiosks. There is a general apathy towards customer service - individual front line employees are generally nice and helpful, but there is an evident lack of organization and customer concern. The airfare is cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 January 2014 by G Miller    (USA)

Was booked on a flight from Tampa - Trenton on 1/3/14. Flight was cancelled about 4 hours prior to departure and I was left stranded without any options. Frontier stated they could not fly me out for another 4 days and refused to put me on another carrier or on their next departing flights, stating "they are already full and you don't have a guaranteed seat". This is totally unacceptable. I had to spend hours on the phone with other airlines and incur excessive charges to take a last minute flight and change my car return time. Would not recommend this airline if it was the only airline.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  6 January 2014 by D Erland    (USA)

We drove 5 hours out of our way to receive what we thought was a discounted ticket for four traveling to Mexico. $180 later for baggage fees and we should have just booked Delta or United for about the same price. It is a "hidden" fee and is not ethical. They specifically ensure that your not aware of the policy. I fly a lot for business and its standard to pay for bags exceeding 40-50 lbs and can also be policy to pay for checked bags (domestic), but I have never heard of having to pay for carry-on baggage that meets their size and weight criteria. If they would have been upfront about it we wouldn't have went through the trouble of ensuring that we were brining four small bags that met their height, width, length, and weight requirements and would have just had two bags and saved ourselves half the cost. Even worse, this is on an international flight. I could truthfully not care less about drinks and snacks, but a 5 hour flight and they want you to pay for a cup of coffee? I feel as if they should be paying me for the 3 hour delay on each side of my flight that was caused by their incompetence if they are going to nickel and dime their "customers" for every last item. Watch out, next time you get on a Frontier flight they will probably have a visa machine to gain access to the bathrooms.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  2 January 2014 by Stephanie Long    (USA)

My husband and I are just returning from vacation and are waiting to board our final flight of our journey home to Denver. We arrived at the Frontier ticket counter this morning to find that we could not carry on our bags for free as we had on the way out - today it would cost either $25 to check each bag, or $50 to carry them on. This was a sneaky tactic by frontier - very clever to gouge the budget traveler when they believe they have accounted for all costs at the end of their trip. Of course our hands were tied and we had no logical choice but to pay! Wow. My resolution in 2014: no more flights with Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  30 December 2013 by Edith Wilkins    (USA)

I think Frontier should remove their inclusion on the cheap-fare sites, because when you get to the airport you are told that because you bought your ticket on one of these sites you have to pay $55 for your carry-on, etc. The departure and return flights were changed and I had to stay five days longer than planned. Also the people using these sites were put in the very back where the seats don't recline. This would all be fine except by the time Frontier gets done with you, you might as well have paid regular fare. Every airline I have ever used, cheap fare or not, will email when the departure time has been changed even by only 5 min. You rescheduled your departure time for 25 min. earlier without letting me know. I was lucky to get to airport in time. I will never fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 December 2013 by G Tamilla    (USA)

We fly Frontier only because it is the only airline that provides direct flights to Madison, WI. I would like to admonish everyone not to leave the check-in desk without checking if you received all tickets that you purchased. We wasted 40 minutes with 3 kids under three at the check-in desk checking in our bags. At first the agent was too lazy to carry several credit card transactions for checked in luggage and was saying that she would check in two bags under one passenger's name and another bag under another passenger's name (we had 3 tickets) - we ended up paying $5.00 more, which is not a big deal, but the agent's attitude was far from professional. After that ordeal we have to return to the check in desk two times as the agent printed only one boarding pass at a time without checking that there three tickets under the same reservation and that happened two times! In addition, the crew was out of soap and coffee and by mistake took our bag thinking that it belongs to the crew member. We were happy that it was only a 1.5 hr flight. In general the service was not so bad, but little customer service issues ruined the pleasure of having a nice flight.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 December 2013 by D Hudson    (USA)

Classic Plus

I'm a Summit member with Frontier and have been for approx 10 years. In short, I booked 4 'Classic Plus' seats for myself and family in October and was told that I could not select seats at that time. So, exactly 24 hours prior to the flight, tried to check in and received 4 seats (none of the 'Classic Plus' variety, scattered throughout the plane). These are all middle seats too. I suggest no-one fly Frontier unless you have time to waste (flights are always delayed), travel alone (can't get seats together) and have no baggage (carry on or otherwise). If you are sane and can do the math, by the time you book their "Ultra Low Cost Carrier' fare, add in baggage ($50.00 at min) and carry-on ($25.00 at min), you've just paid the same price as United, Delta, etc. and get to buy your own water.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  25 December 2013 by Richard McKellar    (Australia)

I read other messages on this board and arrived at Denver Airport fearing the worst. At it happened, my experience was entirely opposite. My wife and I fly had booked on Frontier understanding that like other low cost airlines (e.g. Air NZ) you get what you pay for. We had never flown Frontier before. We are Americans, but have lived overseas (mostly Australia) for several decades, and have been consistently amazed when flying in the USA at the huge suitcases that are show-horned into overhead luggage areas, supposedly as carry on. Carry on for us elsewhere is an enforced max 7kg (15 lb) and much smaller in size than the Frontier allowance, though admittedly at no cost. We had prompt service from a polite and friendly service team, who went out of their way to find for us a luggage option that minimised cost and maximised our enjoyment.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 December 2013 by R Carter    (USA)

On October 24, 2013, my sister and I began a long-awaited vacation with flights from SLC to Denver, and one from Denver to Fort Lauderdale. SLC to Denver leg of the journey went without a hitch. We were not questioned about our carry-on bags, or our purses. When we went to board our flight in Denver, we were rudely told we could not take our carry-on bags because they were too large, and would have to pay an exorbitant charge for it ($100). The Customer Service person told us to go to a kiosk several gates away and pay for our bag, knowing full well that if we did so, we would miss our flight. We were forced to pay the charge of $100 per bag. I observed at least 15 people on the flight that had bags two and three times larger than the size of my bag. We were then put into seats that had the least amount of leg room that I have come across. When we finally got to Fort Lauderdale, out of curiosity, I tried the pre-formed compartments that several airlines had in front of their check in gates. My bag fit easily into each of them with room to spare. At least we were finally able to go on our vacation, no thanks to Frontier. On November 4, the trouble started again. When we checked in at Fort Lauderdale, we were told that the flight was delayed by one hour because of mechanical problems. That delay would mean that we would miss our connecting flight from Denver to Salt Lake. They said they would get us on a partner airline. A gate agent had put us on an American Airlines afternoon flight. When we tried to check in at American Airlines, we were told that the gate agent had not called and confirmed us. Fortunately for us, American was kind enough to work with us and find us a late flight to Dallas, that then connected on to Salt Lake.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  20 December 2013 by E Todd    (USA)

Flight 403 from Denver to LAX on 12/18/2013. I am a Denver native and resident and the decline in the quality of this airline is sad to me. It was never a top tier airline in quality, but the recent addition of fees for everything but use of the bathroom has taken it to the very bottom. Want to select your own seat? $8. Stretch seating? $20. Carry-on bag? $25 each way. Seltzer water? $3. Oh and today you have to stand in a new separate line where they force you to stuff said $25 carry-on into a sizing box. If you don't they won't allow you to board the plane. The staff is inflexible probably because of the new corporate rules. Two round trip flights in the last month, they are my last ever on Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 December 2013 by M Chaney    (USA)

Classic Plus

I bought a classic plus ticket so that I wouldn't have to pay at check in. However, if you check in online, you still must wait in line (this was in Seattle and OKC) because there is no curbside drop off. You are better off using the kiosk to check in at the airport because you will receive priority for baggage check. They are severely understaffed, and use outdated computers and communication systems so everything is super slow for check in. At OKC, two of the 3 kiosks weren't working. Of the 4 flight attendant crews that I experienced on this trip, one crew was awful, and one crew was great. it had been a while since I had flown on Frontier, and I'm with other reviewers when I say never again. Unbelievable.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 December 2013 by Thomas Borhart    (USA)

I've flown Frontier 3 times in the last year. Each experience worse than the prior. They now charge $50 for a carry on bag, $25 for a checked bag. Tha last time my seat was taken by another passenger, and the flight attendant made me sit between two larger passengers. Never again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  13 December 2013 by Hugh Church    (USA)

My family and I got to the airport at 5.05 because we dropped our rental at around and 4.40 got the documentation for that one. Now earlier in the day we were notified via email that our 5.45 had been changed to 5.55. Upon trying to check a car seat and a bag which we per paid for at the same time we checked in online more than 3 hours before, we were told that could not happen because the time had been changed back to 5.45. I know about the 45 minute cut off time some airports have but it was still showing a departure time of 5.55pm on the departure board and the best part is it didn't even leave until after 6.10. I was given the option to pay 50 dollars more per person for a flight leaving the next day but the wife and I had to work the next day. I basically had to pay $370 to get home. I will pay more to never fly them again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  10 December 2013 by A Chomowicz    (USA)

Very unlikely I will use Frontier again. Three of us flew from NYC to Portland OR on Dec 2, 2013. I bought the tickets through a 3rd party, so I had no idea they charged for both checked and carry on bags. Frontier is the only airline that charges for carry on bags. I believe these are hidden costs that they're passing on to consumers and that this practice is unlawful. Aren't the airlines required to disclose all costs? Also, their system of charges is complex as is the various "classes" of customers. I am so annoyed at having to pay an additional $110 for the bags.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Debra Valverde    (USA)

First of all I looked online and they said first baggage was free. Got there had to pay $25. The flight had to make an emergency landing, (I understand things happen). Got a hotel voucher to stay the night and the desk clerk said this happens all the time! Never again. It is taking 22 hrs and 3 flights to get from Houston to Albuquerque!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Micheal Townsel    (USA)

I will never use this airline again. I had no idea that they charge passengers for carry on bags if you use a third party vendor to book your flight. That is not a deal. We observed numerous travelers being advised of this policy at the time of boarding. Also they charge $2 for a small cup of water. Don't use this airline.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  6 December 2013 by J Simon    (USA)

I discovered that they have upped their price for checked baggage and now charge $1.99 for inflight sodas. I then missed my connecting flight due to an error on the counter attendant's part, and was charged an additional $50 to change to the next flight. When I calmly explained the situation, I was told that I was the only person to miss the flight. She rudely dismissed my further request for a supervisor and demanded payment unless I was "no longer interested in reaching my final destination." My traveling is not yet over and I have already encountered further issues with this airline, just in one day. I shudder to think what my return trip will be like. Throughout this ordeal, I have encountered the same attitude with each Frontier representative. The customer service is absolutely atrocious, the employees do not seem to care and I have found that Frontier does not uphold the typical customer service mantra that, "The Customer is Always Right."

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  5 December 2013 by P Naina    (USA)

We flew Frontier for the first time and it was definitely our last time. I've never heard of an airline that charges for carry on $50 a piece, soft drinks $1.99, TV $5.99 and to top it all, multiple delays. Customer Service was horrible. One of the check-in agents drove a lady into tears. It was horrible to watch. We also had problems getting seat assigned together but thank you to passengers who were kind enough to switch. Please beware, If you book through a third party, you will pay for your carry on.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2013 by G Lubecki    (USA)

I was traveling with my wife and booked two tickets together. When we tried to check in (exactly 24 hours before the flight), we couldn't select seats, and the seats that Frontier assigned to us weren't together - we were sitting in different sections of the airplane, not even anywhere close to each other. At the airport, we were told that because we don't have "status", we couldn't select seats, and they had no obligation to let us sit together. When we protested, the Frontier rep told us we should be happy that we have a confirmed seat at all. Apparently Frontier has a new policy to specifically not let passengers who travel together sit together, so they can split them up and stick them in middle seats. This lets them charge extra for aisle and window seats, or just entirely reserve them for their "elite" passengers. Do not fly Frontier. They don't notify you when you buy your ticket that your party will not sit together. On top of that, they nickel-and-dime passengers at every step. You want to choose a seat? You have to pay. You want a soft drink during the flight? That will be $1.99. Want to use the TV screen? $3.99. Oh, and if you buy a ticket via another website (instead of Frontier's website), they will charge you $100 for your carry-on bag. I think the next logical step for Frontier is to start charging for using the lavatory, for reclining your seat, and for using the reading light.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  3 December 2013 by P Davis    (USA)

SAN-DEN. Online booking was horrible - Select outbound flight, select return flight, change return flight. Frontier then changes your outbound flight to the first one available (the wrong one). Call to change with 48 minute hold time. Called the next day to change (only 28 minutes wait!) Charge to change the flight $150/person. So for the cost of a round trip flight, my wife and I were charged to select the correct flight that Frontier erroneously picked for us. Pros: None. Cons: customer service has excessive hold times. Cost to change a flight not commensurate with the cost of the flight/available flights. Frontier refused to admit their website was faulty. Do not fly Frontier. Unless you like "saving" $50/flight and then giving it back for checked bags, carry- on bag, and a drink of water. Same business model as Spirit - cheap flight but not worth it at all.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  28 November 2013 by C Cotton    (USA)

This is the first time I've flown Frontier and it will be the last. Want something to drink? $2. They will give you one glass of water for free. Want something to eat? $6. Want to bring a carry-on? $25. Want enough legroom to fit your legs between your seat and the seat in front of you? That will be $5, $15, $25, or $50. Want to watch TV? $6. Want to check in online? Good luck - said I had to check in at the airport. I even went to the airport to check in and at 8.05, the attendant said, "sorry, closed at 8pm, come back tomorrow."

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 November 2013 by A Campbell    (USA)

I booked through 3rd party which prohibits you from choosing a seat at all and no confirmation until 24 hours before. Used the mobile application to check in, terrible application to say the least and no paperless option like United. First time I've ever had to pay for a carry on and normally fly United or Southwest. Got to the gate and they made everyone put their bags through a pre-check to make sure bags were the right size. What a hassle for those who travel all the time. Frontier used to be a good airline but they're just making it difficult for customers to travel with them. This is the last time I will ever fly with this airline.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  13 November 2013 by T Hanegan    (USA)

I was a loyal Frontier Airlines customer for forty years. Not any more. I will not fly Frontier again if I can avoid it. Just as others have posted here, the customer service is terrible, they will charge you outrageous fees wherever they can and the flights are not on time. Avoid this airline if you can. I fly other airlines quite frequently for business. American, United, Delta, Southwest and US Airways all do a much better job.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  10 November 2013 by John Graham    (USA)

I live in Colorado and have used them for years. They were a great airline until they were bought by Republic a while back. The latest purchase by the owner of Spirit Airlines has gutted the airline I liked so much. Just spent 10 minutes waiting in line to measure my carry on bag. This is my 4th flight with them this year. In the future I will use United, Southwest or Delta.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 November 2013 by S Livingston    (USA)

This airline not only charges for checked baggage, but also your carry on. If you pay for it prior to going to the gate its $50 a bag, and $100 at the gate. I fly 75 flights a year on various airlines this is the first flight I have flown on frontier and will be the last myself or any other employee in my company will fly on Frontier Airlines. I knew their business practice was to underpay their employees which will lead to terrible customer service, so I should have been surprised that they would nickle and dime their customers. Avoid.