PAGE loading ... please wait!

Frontier Airlines Passenger Reviews and Frontier Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2013 by J Cook    (USA)

Classic Plus

I purchased the tickets in February, to fly Classic Plus in April and return in May. When I scheduled this round trip ticket the airline stated I would receive free television on both flights, along with discounted liquor. On the first flight, I did and the service was great. On the flight back, I was informed Frontier no longer provided such service and canceled in between the time of my three week business trip. Had it not have been for the TV, baggage fees reduced, and beverages I would have chosen I different airline. They either need to inform prior to flying as the company knew I had the ticket so I could get a different company or honor their' commitment when I paid for the ticket.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2013 by S Swanson    (USA)

I have to say my round trip went without a hitch. Both my departure and return flight were on time with no mechanical problems. The staff were cordial and my seat was the same as any other airline as far as comfort. Yes, they do charge for drinks and snacks so if that bothers you, buy your own in the airport (it is the same price anyway). I flew from Delaware to Houston and it cost 110 dollars. All other airlines that had direct flights were asking between 350-400 dollars. For that price difference, I am willing to shell out 5 dollars for a snack and something to drink. Maybe I had beginners luck, but I did save quite a bit of money.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2013 by Allan Beamer    (USA)

Began flying Frontier out of Williston, ND some 3 years ago since they were the only carrier there. I live in Utah, so would have expected basic but acceptable service. It seems the longer I continue flying with them, the more the problems. Coming home to Utah this last time meant delay after delay (I had some 5 delay announcements sent to my email, all after I already knew about it!) causing me to miss my connection at Denver. Almost had to stay overnight. Had been gone from home 3 months! How difficult is it to maintain their equipment? Always an issue for them. Now United and Delta are flying to North Dakota. I have to return with Frontier, but won't fly them again. I'd rather fly someone else for $100 more who has their act together without the drama and adventure. Hope they go out of business soon.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 August 2013 by J Riddle    (USA)

SEA-DEN-ILG (Wilmington, DE) one way. A pleasant enough way to travel. Had exit row seats on both legs, at $20 per segment on an economy fare this is a steal and well worth it. Yes, you do have to pay for drinks, but they will give you a cup of water for free if you ask. Why not just charge an extra $2/ticket and give everyone a free drink and a small snack? Flight from DEN delayed 35 minutes due to waiting on a crew member to deadhead. Carry on bag policy enforced at DEN, with all bags sized, but not SEA - if an airline wants to be strict, they should do it at every airport. Some people were bringing bags on the Seattle flight that were clearly over-sized. Wilmington New Castle airport is a great alternative to chaotic PHL, but has little to no room for expansion and is crowded with just one flight on the ground.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  12 August 2013 by Saketh Rahm    (USA)

LAX-DEN. Bought a ticket after 20 hour flight from Asia since it was a better connection to DEN. Flight delayed 1.5 hours and had to rebook everyone making a connection - 2 agents for 70 people who were totally incompetent, could not get anything done. No announcements, no information just rude attitude from ground staff. My bags were checked through onto Frontier and I checked with agent to make sure they would get loaded on from the international flight after clearing customs in LAX - she assured me "no problem" and of course on arrival - no bag. Had to wait 36 hours before they were delivered. Never again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  12 August 2013 by Stephen G Sweet    (USA)

Classic Plus

My son and I flew from ANC to SFO (and return) via DEN. Satisfied by all flights and crew. However, I did notice some changes since my last flight(s), one being the new charges for carryons. The folks at SFO began to implement this new policy and it caused quite a bit of confusion for the passengers and some noted unhappiness at having to pay. Some folks were not pleased with having to have their stuff "sized up" prior to boarding. The new policy of charging for all drinks was not too popular as well. I spoke with a couple of crew members from the various flights we were on and a basic theme appeared, "we seem to be heading towards becoming Spirit". Crew members were not too thrilled. I was using my miles on this trip and my last one with my daughter recently. I have been both an Ascent and Summit member for years and have been very pleased with Frontier. I am however somewhat scared about their becoming a bottom feeder. I know change is always around the corner with airlines but the nickel and dimes they are going after is not right in my way of thinking. Keep it up and I will be traveling on Alaska Air year round.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 August 2013 by Pam Gilchrist    (USA)

My daughter took a teaching job in Phoenix, we drove from Michigan to help her get settled. Tried to use Frontier to get back to Michigan - worst experience ever! My husband was to fly out on Sunday the 28th at 3.14 to Denver, after several hours was sent to O'Hare, had to stay overnight, get up at 5.00 to get flight to Grand Rapids, Michigan. I stayed until Saturday 3rd, 3.14 flight, after a delay, got on the plane, sat for half an hour, got off the plane. 2 hour delay - stood in line to change connecting flight Denver to Grand Rapids. Line up to board plane - cancelled. Back to the line for new connecting flight. 9.00pm, all flights to Denver cancelled. Back in line. Phoenix to Miami at 10.40. Miami to O'Hare at 6.40 am. Now I need to be picked up in Chicago. Terrible experience.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  6 August 2013 by Monica Mueller    (USA)

First and last Frontier trip SFO to/from Denver. 1.5 hour delay out of SFO. Nearly 3 hour delay out of Denver - 2am arrival! Had to get a taxi home at 3am. Should have flown more expensive flight on another airline. Never again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  5 August 2013 by A Wood    (USA)

Had a 2.5hr delay on the first flight (no apologies or service recovery offered) and another 2hr delay on the return flight because they used the same mechanically inept plane. The return flight was to be the first of the day. An entire plane of peoples plans ruined.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 July 2013 by Araceli Torres Budnik    (USA)

Flew from DTW to Denver (connecting flight to SNA) traveling with two small children (3 years old and 9) they offered us a "complementary soda" nothing else! On the way back to DTW a week later, we checked in 2 hours early and they sat us all, including my 3 year old child all by him self, the representative at the ticket counter simply said there is nothing she could do! No more complementary sodas.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 July 2013 by Stephen Sweet    (USA)

Daughter and I flew down to SLC from ANC, changing planes in DEN. No problems going or returning with the small exception of a somewhat rude/uncaring employee at check-in at SLC. The service was fine, the planes clean and the flight crews were caring and professional. The crew on the return to ANC was the best I have ever had on any airline, professional and funny. I have them on the flight tonight returning to DEN as my son and I fly to SFO. I expect the flight will be a good one!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  20 July 2013 by K Luckert    (Costa Rica)

DEN-SJO. Cramped in a seat with no recline. I tried to call in advance to book a seat, seat assignment via website did not work. Online check-in not working. It seems that service is non-existent anymore on that airline. Attendants came shortly after take off to sell snack boxes and beverages for $2. No free water service on a 5 hour flight. Attendants very rude, sat around and chatted the whole flight.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2013 by K Kucera    (USA)

Seattle to Omaha, 7/12/13, Flights: 510 and 432. Omaha to Seattle, 7/15/13, Flights: 437 and 843. I have had many complications with this airline. The last 4 flights I was on over this past weekend did not leave on time. The shortest waiting time was 2 hours after original departure and the longest was 24 hours. I have many other opinions on why I am not satisfied with this airline and will not fly with them.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  15 July 2013 by C Hill    (USA)

I flew Denver to DC. Outbound was pleasant enough, by today's flying standards. The way back was horrible. I had the same weight suitcase as when I left and they wanted to charge 75 dollars for an overweight bag, but a second bag is 20 dollars. The person at the counter was very rude. They started charging for beverages on July 1st. If you add up the fees this airline charges, you will actually pay less with another more expensive carrier. I'd shop around before booking tickets with Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 July 2013 by D Ayers    (USA)

Classic Plus

Booked MSN to DEN. Had a 13.5 hour delay one day - was able to reschedule for the next day at 6am. The delay for that flight next was 3.5 hours. Poor communication and limited options made the situation worse. Both delays were mechanical in nature.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 July 2013 by E Gray    (USA)

Flying from Cancun Mexico to Denver. Spent 45 minutes at gate waiting for maintenance to repair a tray that wouldn't stay latched. Then another 20 minutes for a refuel. Only two updates on status in the entire hour. Missed the connecting flight. After another 4 hours we here the announcement that the Denver to SLC flight was delayed 30 minutes. Given a card with a phone number to file a complaint or a compliment. The wait times were horrendous and after waiting for 15 to 30 minutes with no answer - we tried this several times. Most recently it said high call volume. Not surprised. Hope we never have to fly Frontier airline again. Staff fairly unconcerned.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  8 July 2013 by Tommy Oexeman    (USA)

Not a pleasant return flight from Denver. Flew DEN-STL on the 'economy' fare. Seats were okay, but became uncomfortable and pitch was poor. Beverage service was nonexistent since drinks now cost $1.99. That is ridiculous. Flight attendants were rude. The bright side was the TV service.