PAGE loading ... please wait!

Frontier Airlines Passenger Reviews and Frontier Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 July 2012 by J Bunnell    (USA)

Classic Plus

All in all, pretty good experience. Flights were on time, check in was smooth as were the flights. Flight attendants were great. The only cons were the planes were small and cramped, especially on the Denver to Spokane leg. We paid extra for Classic Plus and felt like our knees were under our chins, undoubtedly due to the aircraft type and the fact that three seats were squeezed into an area probably meant for two. We were shoulder to shoulder in the three row seating and both of us are small and thin. I imagine it would be even more miserable for people who are normal sized or a little overweight. It wasn't as bad on our return flight, but it wasn't full and we had an empty seat in our row. The saving grace for Frontier, at least as far as we were concerned, was the courtesy of the staff at the airports and the personable flight attendants.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  16 July 2012 by Michael Rosenzweig    (USA)

SEA-DEN-OKC-DEN-OKC. Overall, service was really good. Had a huge delay from DEN-OKC due to crew scheduling issues, but other 3 legs were on time. Food selection was adequate for these flight duration's, but the aircraft interiors need to be refreshed. With that said, seats on 3 of the 4 legs were uncomfortable due to high wear and tear. IFE was not free like Virgin America or JetBlue. It's terrible how the US airlines are charging for everything now, it's getting ridiculous.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  25 June 2012 by Stephen G Sweet    (USA)

Classic Plus

Flight: In last month. Just returned last night to Anchorage. I used my Early Returns miles and took my family to ATL via DEN. All aspects of our trip were great on Frontier. We did takeoff 40 minutes late from DEN on our return but somehow managed to arrive 20 min's early into Anchorage. The planes were fine, the service excellent and staff attitudes were quite positive. No problems and no complaints! I will fly them again soon!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 June 2012 by J Marley    (USA)

Flew from La Guardia to Denver. Flight took off 40 minutes late, but otherwise a pretty pleasant experience. Newish Airbus with comfortable leather seats, decent legroom and direct TV screens in seatbacks. Crew was OK but unremarkable. I'd fly them again and consider them one of the better options in my market.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  12 June 2012 by Frank Earnest    (USA)

I purchased a round trip Minneapolis to Santa Barbara 4 months in advance. I did not specifically look at the aisle seating I was assigned and 3 out of 4 legs I was seated just in front of the exit row and could not recline my seat (Row 10). 3 out of 4 legs were on an Embraer 190 which is a nice plane, but no storage. Last leg on Airbus 320 had the most cramped seating I've experienced. They gate checked my bag half way through boarding, letting the last 20 folks bring on their bags. When I asked the flight attendant what was going on, she said they "pre-emptively" gate check bags when they have few checked bags for a full flight. Bottom line is that Frontier is not customer friendly. They will survive on price alone, and they won't get my business unless I'm desperate.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  3 April 2012 by R Sung    (USA)

LIR (Costa Rica)-DEN-LAX. Sat on the runway in CR for a 1.5 hours, due to "paperwork issues". They wouldn't let us on our connecting flight (we made it 30 mins before departure) stating our luggage wouldn't make it on. They rebooked us to a United flight, who charged us for luggage. Not a pleasant experience - will never fly them again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  2 April 2012 by C Schmidt    (USA)

Classic Plus

Flew round trip from Minneapolis to Las Vegas via Denver. Staff very friendly and the overall experience was fantastic. I recommend upgrading to Classic Plus - it is well worth the extra money!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  30 March 2012 by R Wind    (USA)

Flew roundtrip from Denver to San Diego return to Denver. Staff were friendly, helping us with checking baggage. Boarding was easy, boarded early due to no carry on bags. Flight staff friendly and efficient trying to get everyone's carry on bags stored. Seats were comfortable and had plenty of room. The TV was good, had to pay for it but it was affordable. All of our bags made it to our destination. The return trip to Denver was just as pleasant, the plane not very full so attendants let us change seats.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  27 March 2012 by M Moore    (USA)

ATL-DEN. Arrived on time, however the boarding ramp would not work so had to wait 30 min for technicians to fix it before we could exit the plane. On the return DEN-ATL we sat on the runway for an hour because the plane had a malfunction. Finally unloaded off the plane, just to be told to wait for another to arrive in 30 min. We arrive in ATL airport to find out the shuttles have been shut down for the night and that we would have to take buses to the baggage claim. Total delay 3 hours!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  24 March 2012 by J Smith    (USA)

My flight from DCA-MKE was delayed 1.5 hrs. In MKE, my flight to DFW was cancelled due to the fact that they did not have any staff available. There were only 10 seats available on flights going to DFW for the next 2 days. Overall, the worst flying experience I have had. My first and last time using this carrier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 March 2012 by Conrad Kickert    (USA)

LAX-DEN-DTW. The flight was fine, on time, planes reasonably new and staff very friendly. You get a cookie and a drink for free and pay for other food onboard. Transfer in Denver was quick. My only gripe is their boarding procedure. Zone 1, 2 (for people with infants and small hand luggage), then a free for all. That means you might have issues fitting your inevitably oversized hand luggage in a bin as some less sociable people with big hand luggage will just board in zone 2.