PAGE loading ... please wait!

Frontier Airlines Passenger Reviews and Frontier Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2013 by Stephanie Johnston    (USA)

Left on Friday 10/4 at 6.15 am. First time flyer on Frontier. The ticket desk was horrible. They were so rude to each customer that went up to the ticket desk. It became the joke of the customers in line and than on flight. They acted as if we should be lucky they were there instead of treating us as the customers. Flight attendants were abrupt and never helpful or kind. Awful experience. When I got to my destination I talked with my son and his fiancee who flew the day before. Same thing happened to them. On the way home from Oklahoma City on 10/7 we had an amazing experience. My ratings below are on MPLS only.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2013 by Leonard Shu    (USA)

I booked the flight via a 3rd party agent depart from Los Angeles to Indianapolis with one carry-on with me for the weekend. Arrived at LAX 20 minutes before departure. Incredibly, I avoided the extremely long line and made it through the kiosk quickly, but did not realize that they charge $25 carry-on fee for 3rd party booking users. So I got charged $100 at the terminal gate in order to board the flight instead of $25. The flight was delayed 40 minutes due to bad weather in their hub in Denver. On the returning flight, I arrived at the Frontier counter in Indianapolis 50 minutes before departure. Few people in front of me and a few behind me at the counter with only 2 employees working there with extra slow pace. By the time I reach the counter, I been told that their counter has been shut down 45 minutes prior to the departure, as well as the Kiosk, so there is no way for me to pass TSA without a boarding pass. Their employees were extremely rude with a bad attitude. Both left the counter and shut down everything. All they said was "read the sign and call the 1-800 numbers for help. I called the number but ended up wasting my time. It was $100 to reschedule which I did not accept. In the end, I had to purchase a one- way flight from Delta across the lobby for $450.90 in order for me to get back to Los Angeles on Sunday. I have learned some lessons from this incident which I will definitely avoid Frontier Airline in my life.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  27 September 2013 by Chris Hyde    (USA)

My wife and I were scheduled to go to Los Angeles to visit our family today. Arrived at Frontier in Bismarck, ND an hour before the flight (at 5.30am). Bismarck is a tiny airport and the last time I attempted to get there 2 hours prior to departure, no one was there. When we arrived there was a large line at Frontier, we waited for 20+ minutes and the lady at the check in stated that Denver (Frontier's hub) had shut down their computers and nobody else would be able to check in. The entire line missed their flight. This was due to the fact they opened the check in line later than they should have. They did not shut down the check in line 45 mins prior to the flight departing because they were trying to catch up from a combination of opening up so late and the incredibly slow service. Not only were there no other flights that day, the flight for the next day was full and we were told Saturday was the first option. You would also think this would be at no additional charge, you would be wrong to think that as well. They charge you transfer fees, third party booking fees, difference in the cost of the new ticket, etc... So all in all, we initially paid $635 for the tickets for the two of us, then I paid $679 to put my wife on a Delta flight same day to get her to LA, lastly I paid $399 for myself to fly from Dickinson to LA on Friday morning. Frontier gave me a credit for the flight I missed that ended up being worth $33. That doesn't even cover the gas for me to drive back from Bismarck after they caused me to miss my flight.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  25 September 2013 by C Donnelley    (USA)

I arrived at the gate with 40 minutes until departure. They would not give me a boarding pass! Additionally the rude lady at the counter would not re-book me or put me on standby for another flight. I had to buy new same day tickets with Southwest Airlines. Worst of all, because I didn't make my outgoing flight, they cancelled my return flight.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 September 2013 by N St Maxent    (USA)

September 20th - first flight: ABQ to Denver and Flight 2 Denver to Seattle, WA. Both flights were delayed. The boarding process was chaotic, the boarding by zones served no purpose: we had to wait in line before boarding for at least half hour because passengers struggled to find a spot to store their carryon luggage and struggling to get to their seats causing heavy traffic in the aisle. Attendants seemed to be as confused as us not knowing what to do. I and other passengers had to check in their carryon as all the overhead compartments were full. The check- in agent did not seem to know what to do either. Finally arriving in Denver, I headed to the customer service to make sure my carry-on would get to my final destination, when I arrived at the counter, the three employees who were not helping anyone, literally ignored me for some time, and then finally a rude employee did not really help me out but sent me to another gate in order to receive service. Second flight was delayed due to refuel process. Paying for entertainment may be justified but paying for non alcoholic beverages is not acceptable. I will definitely not fly with this airline ever again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  20 September 2013 by Gayle Jensen    (USA)

We booked through Cheapo Air because tickets were cheaper. Well, we made up for this at the airport when we checked our bags - $25 for checked bag and $20 for carry on - each. We followed online instructions that said it would be cheaper if we checked in online - so we did. I used my smartphone so could not print a boarding pass. At the completion of this online check in, I got the message "online check-in confirmed" - this was witnessed by four other people. At the airport, we were told that they had no record of our online check-in so had to pay $50 for checked bag and $25 for our carry-on. Not only that but the 3 of us did not get seats together. We had to approach the ticket counter every stop (4 times) and beg to get our seats changed so we could sit together. On two "legs" of our trip, we got the very back row which was stuffy/hot/uncomfortable. If you have booked your flights together, they should know that you want to sit together. It's ridiculous! It all comes down to booking with them so you will pay a higher fee for your ticket. One "leg" of our trip, the flight was delayed almost one hour with no explanation, no notification, no apology. We would never fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 September 2013 by Vicki Fitzgerald    (USA)

9/13/2013, Flights: 231 Nashville to Denver, 551 Denver to San Diego, 563 Denver to San Diego. Travelers beware. Frontier is no longer what it once was.The ticket, gate and customer service agents will - either through incompetence or deliberate false manipulation - frustrate your efforts to smooth out the hiccups caused by their poor schedule management. Flight delays and missed connections are tough luck - takes 12 hours to travel Nashville to San Diego or Chicago to Las Vegas, or Austin to Denver. There were 100s of these stories just in one day. The staff denied that connections would be missed (they were), claimed all flights were delayed (they weren't), claimed later flights were full (not true). New militant carry on baggage measurements and charges, don't ask for water, coffee or a soda unless you have your credit card handy, and don't count on them having anything edible on board. If you still decide to travel with this miserable airline, the best of luck.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  16 September 2013 by T Eriksen    (USA)

I flew Frontier approx 2 years ago to Vegas and had a bad experience then. I ignorantly decided to give them another try and flew to San Diego from Nashville with a layover in Denver, same route back to Nashville. Not only was the check in staff rude but they messed up our seat assignments. My husband and I who were on our honeymoon checked in 2 hours early and they still managed to mess up our seat arrangements made during the booking process 4 months prior. We ended up having to fly seated separately. Normally we wouldn't be too upset but it was our honeymoon and we did check in with adequate time and booked our flights well in advance. Needless to say I will never use this airline again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 September 2013 by D Vukelich    (USA)

Classic Plus

I got an early flight from IND to PDX. Flight 613 was 2+ hours late so Frontier rebooked to later flight with 20 minute connection in DEN which was obviously missed. Rebooked again on Alaska Air to SFO then Virgin Air to PDX later that night. After traveling over 12 hours, now my bags are in SEA waiting for next flight to PDX so I have to wait hours again! Bags never made flight! Drove to SEA airport to pick them up. Trip home 2 weeks later, flight 792 from PDX on time only to find out in DEN that flight is actually delayed, but not before running 40 gates to make a connection then running 40 gates back to new gate. All airport displays showing on time at wrong gate! Now sitting at new gate waiting hours again. Flight 1608 finally leaves well after 4.30 with a reserve pilot. Not once did we get to watch TV on any one segment of flight to or from PDX! I will look for other airlines in the future.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  12 September 2013 by Dennis Hoefer    (USA)

Classic Plus

We recently flew to and from Denver to Anchorage. Both were night flights. Your cabin and reading lights are awful. Those greyish/white lights make the plane feel like a parking garage and impossible to read by. Yes, everyone is transitioning to new types of lighting but there are better lighting options out there.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 September 2013 by N Russo    (USA)

Classic Plus

Our flight ILG-MDW was wonderful. Wilmington airport was a breeze, flight was pleasant, arrived 30 minutes early. We upgraded to STRETCH seating which was very comfortable. Flight crew was extremely friendly and personable. I look forward to flying them in the future.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 September 2013 by V Whiteside    (UK)

Flew late July from Vegas to Cancun via Denver. Realised that bags had not been booked, apparently you can not do this from UK. I attempted to book online day before leaving Vegas but was not permitted to do this. At airport we paid for bags and asked to have two seats together as my partner is a very nervous flyer. Check-in staff in Denver were lovely and quickly changed our seats. Staff on flights were probably the worst I have flown. Landing announcements were quite funny and instead of reminding passengers to check the overhead compartments for personal belongings we may have stored she said to check for any personal problems we may have left there. Didn't flying used to be fun and exciting and not a chore.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  6 September 2013 by Carol Gregoria    (USA)

Orlando to Trenton on 8/28 and return 9/3/13. I had one of the best flights I've had! I was bothered about the reviews I read prior to my flight and I can testify that my Frontier flight was flawless. It on time, crew and staff couldn't have been more professional and courteous. I look forward to flying into Trenton, NJ again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 September 2013 by Miriam Beetler    (USA)

August23rd on Flight 572 from Salt Lake City to Denver and on Flight 156 to Des Moines. Return flight on August 27th on Flight 157 from Des Moines to Denver and on Flight 575 to Salt Lake City. I have flown Frontier several times within the past four or five years and have never experienced difficulty. However, on this flight, I was shocked by the apparent focus of the staff on measuring each person's carry on bags. I saw several customers being sent back to the security desk to pay a $50 fee so that they could carry on a backpack - simply because the backpack did not fit in the measuring tool. Each item individuals had to pay extra for were not overweight nor extremely large. Many of them had backpacks the same size as mine, and my backpack fit completely under the seat with no problem. Personally, I had to remove my dirty laundry out of the front compartment of my suitcase and transfer it to my checked on bag, or I would have had to pay an extra $50 to check on my carry on bag. I believe Frontier has changed their focus from convenience and friendliness to customers and are now focused on making more money. I remember the days when Frontier used to serve complementary drinks and cookies on their flights. Now, they charge $2 for a glass of apple juice. Forget the cookies. I will not be using this airline again in the near future.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  30 August 2013 by T Betts    (USA)

Classic Plus

DEN-SLC. Not for the business traveler. In a competitive industry - you would think that the airline would want last minute top dollar customers. Finished meeting early, have 4.30 flight but not able to take the 1.55 - would not accept me as standby because I am not their rewards customer. Frontier does not fly anywhere that would warrant being a rewards member. Also the entire cabin was laughing because of the flight attendants trance to ensure that everyone was charged for their carry on luggage.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  28 August 2013 by Michael Mazzoni    (USA)

Arrived at 5am to Salt Lake City Airport to find my flight cancelled. Nobody had received any type of alert. After 1 hr 15 mins we were finally addressed by a Frontier Airlines employee who was passing out customer service cards and telling us that we would likely have better results by calling or rebooking. I called, finding a 45 minute wait should be expected. Like many customers I was on a tight schedule and decided to book with Southwest Airlines. My Southwest flights were excellent. On the returning trip the first flight was 45 minutes late. We had a similar wait on my connecting flight though we were told repeatedly that there would be a delay of some sort, with no explanation or expected time, which ended up lasting at least an half hour. I understand that things like this happen but I was happy to land in my final destination.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  28 August 2013 by S Kelsey    (USA)

I have traveled with this airline several times in the past year from Utah to Arkansas and have never encountered any problems. The last trip was SLC to LR. Once onboard, the plane proceeded to the runway where there was a 45 minute delay. Had to return to the gate, told we had a choice to deplane or stay, but all connecting flights would be missed in DEN. We boarded again and went to DEN. Staff were amusing and more than willing to offer any information. We all received our hotel accommodation, food vouchers, and questions were answered quickly and efficiently. The next day was a piece of cake - I flew on to SLC but had problems with losing my bag but had it delivered to my home by 5am the next morning. One thing I didn't understand was the first flight they gave a free beverage, but the one from DEN to SLC they wanted to charge for a soda. I feel like a beverage is a very small request for the price of an airline ticket.