PAGE loading ... please wait!

Frontier Airlines Passenger Reviews and Frontier Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  5 October 2012 by Nola M Wellman    (USA)

Even though I booked round trip tickets with Frontier, I never once got on an actual plane, the departing flight was cancelled altogether, and the return flight was delayed so long that the connection would have been impossible to make. Making matters worse, I was flying to my sister's wedding in California from Michigan and could not afford to wait for following day, much less trust that it would go. So they rebooked myself and my daughter on a flight from Detroit to Washington/Dulles, then after hurrying to the connecting gate, we flew clear across the continental US, something like 5 straight hours. Not much fun, to say the least. Coming home we were forced to layover an extra day, so my 5 day trip turned into a six day trip, with three days spent entirely at airports. As far as this review goes, I can't give an opinion because I never got on their plane! My sister booked my niece on the same flight, so the same thing happened to her, except they rebooked her on US Airways and she flew from DTW to Phoenix, but never made her connection to California.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 September 2012 by S Carlson    (USA)

I will never fly Frontier again. The staff were rude and made us very uncomfortable. They were not helpful at the baggage check in, this was in PHX on the morning of Sep 12th. On our connecting flight going to Nashville, one of the flight attendants snapped at me when I asked where the restroom was. Their lack of customer service made my experience lousy. On our way back, we took United Airlines. Totally different.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  12 September 2012 by S Kelsey    (USA)

Overall, I was very satisfied. Online booking was smooth, I had no problems boarding and the flight left and arrived on time in Denver. I flew from Salt Lake to Little Rock to visit family, and I might have to push my return date out, so I am curious as to how smooth that will go. The drinks on flight were a small cup with ice, the food was expensive and so were alcoholic drinks, so I refrained from those. I would recommend this flight and would also add that more leg room would be nice.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  10 September 2012 by A Miller    (USA)

My flight to Colorado Springs with connection at Denver was delayed which in turn made me miss my connection flight. They showed no empathy towards my situation but were rude in suggesting that the only option was to fly the next day at 8 am. We were told that they were holding flights when in fact my connection flight left 7 minutes earlier than suppose to. This is the last time I fly Frontier. I was told by another flyer that this happens way to frequent and he was driving from Denver to Colorado Springs. This was my first time flying alone to this airport. They have made this a bad experience. This airline needs to get their act together.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2012 by Gowri Rangarajan    (USA)

I was travelling with my 4 year old. My flight to Portland with connection at Denver was delayed 3 hours. First they said it was due to weather but then they said it was a mechanical problem with the flight. I was to miss my connection at Denver. They showed no empathy towards my situation but were rude in suggesting that the only option was to either stay back at Denver or fly the next day at 9 am. The next day they were so fuzzy about my baggage being overweight by 1 pound - the same bag they checked in yesterday but had to get back due to flight delay. They made me remove stuff from my bag and finally they lost my bag. Staff at Portland responsible for baggage claim was impossible. I am still waiting for my baggage to arrive and I am hoping I would get it back.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2012 by Michael Little    (Australia)

Portland-Denver-Jackson Hole in A320/A319. Smooth online booking, online check-in and bag drop, Flights on time and the service efficient. Seats in the cheapest part of the plane offered as much legroom as premium airlines' Economy. A non-alcoholic drink was served on each leg (no free snack). The hub at Denver was quite crowded and busy. Luggage took a long time to be unloaded at Jackson Hole. Overall a good experience.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 August 2012 by A Gipson    (USA)

I arrive at the airport 2 hours ahead of time to find the Frontier line out of the door. There were two extremely slow agents and a slew of broken kiosks. After an hour in line, I finally got through security to find out my flight was delayed. Because of this, I would miss my connecting flight. Frontier rebooked me on one of their later itineraries - one that would get in 3 hours 17 minutes later than my original itinerary. Even though there was other flights available on other carriers, I was booked on this flight. After doing some research on Frontiers website, I found Frontier's policy about controllable flights. "If we can't get you on a Frontier flight scheduled to arrive within three hours of your original itinerary, we'll do our best to arrange for you to fly on another available carrier or combination of carriers with whom we have agreements." After bringing this to the attention of the agent at the gate, I was booked on another connecting flight on another airline. Then I found out our original flight was cancelled so I would miss my new connecting flight. While standing in line at the gate trying to rebook my flight I was told I had to go back to the ticketing counter to do so. I had been standing in this line for 45 minutes already. I proceeded back through security and waited in another line for an hour and a half line to try to rebook to get on a new flight. I cannot believe an airline could be so incompetent. I feel that it is ridiculous that I have to go on Frontier's website and show it to Frontier agents in order for anything to happen.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 August 2012 by K Naganathan    (USA)

I flew to Portland, OR from NYC via Denver. Outbound trip was great. On the way back on DEN-LGA leg of the journey the pilot made an emergency landing in Indianapolis. The next 16 hours is a case study in trying to buy off customers for poor quality service. Instead of having enough people on the ground to service the accommodation of 150+ passengers, the airline effectively paid the passengers to struggle through the limited resources available on the ground in Indianapolis to assist them. I ended up sleeping the night in a cold airport lounge and slogged through multiple re-scheduling of the continuation of my trip from Indianapolis to NYC. I tore up the $400 airline voucher I got for the inconvenience.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  8 August 2012 by T Ravindranath    (USA)

We (5 people) travelled from GEG to DEN on 08/03/12. I was travelling with my disabled daughter in a wheelchair. During reservation I had already informed them that my daughter is in a wheelchair and cannot walk. We checked in online and after going through security, arrived at gate C32. After the gate agent arrived, I reminded her that we need an aisle chair. She said that as per 'normal' Frontier procedure, when travelling with a wheelchair passenger, I should have checked in at the counter and not online. I never saw this instruction on their website. She also mentioned that they can deny us boarding for not doing that. I did complain about this to the airline and they rewarded me the with a whopping $25 certificate per passenger that can only be used for 'future' travel on this customer un-friendly airline. Frontier provides only complementary beverage, no food.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 July 2012 by D Coan    (USA)

I just returned from a trip with Frontier Airlines and I hope it is the last time I need to travel with them. Unlike other reviewers we were not offered a cookie with our drink. We had a delay of 6 hours which was not Frontier's fault, however, people were tired. A nice gesture would have been to offer flyers a whole can of Pepsi, not just the usual half ice and half drink that all airlines offer, after the wait was over. Instead we had one steward who was not rude, but obviously tired. Frontier, like most airlines, does charge. Their term for this is "excess baggage" when you check it in. It's not excess, it's your luggage bag. However, what I was amazed about was Frontier staff kept announcing before the flight that the flight was full and you should check your roll-on baggage before boarding. In both cases where I saw this done many people did check their roll ons, and there was lots of space in the overhead bins. This was a DC to Denver, to Billings, MT round trip.