PAGE loading ... please wait!

Frontier Airlines Passenger Reviews and Frontier Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by E Schrank    (USA)

Our flight was cancelled due to the recent snow, was told since we didn't buy our ticket from them we have no travel options to get rebooked. Now on my 3rd day of standby. Everyone I have dealt with has been rude and gives conflicting advice. We were offered another flight in a week or money back. Problem is this is a family vacation now with lost rental car, lost ski condo etc. no offer to switch airlines or rebook as things settled out from storm. No offers to get others to give up their seats. Never seen anything like it.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  13 February 2014 by S Kalvin    (USA)

Flight 668 and 678 on Feb 4, 2014. Tries to charge you for every little thing. Who ever heard of charging for carry-on baggage? As if it costs them anything for me to drag on my own suitcase, hoist it up to the overhead compartment, and then lug it back down! Why do they charge so I can pick my seats? $1.95 for a Coke? There was no airsick bag when I started feeling nauseous. Luckily the stewardess got a plastic bag to me on time, but how many times does someone have to wait 5-10 minutes for a stewardess to show up and no one does? Finally they spend half the flight trying to get me to buy a frequent flyer credit card. I'd rather drive.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by E Buton    (USA)

I wish I had read these before booking. We booked our flight through another site, so had to pay for bags (the only way we knew about the flight was because of the other site, you would think they would be glad for the business), travelled with children, could not sit together, ended up in middle seats throughout the plane. We arrived at our initial airport on time, but the incoming flight was late, so we got in late to Denver, they let us off the plane to try to make it, we ran to the gate to be told (with 10 other passengers) that they released the plane. We were four minutes late, apparently that was the one flight that could not be late, we were trying to make a reception that night in SLC so had few other options. Customer service was the worst I have experienced in 40+years, several different people sat at the counters without acknowledging customers, when they did talk to us, they were extremely rude, acted inconvenienced by customers. We've flown 4 airlines this year, this was our first and last for Frontier. Awful, not worth the cheap tickets, we got nickel and dimed and treated unprofessionally.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 February 2014 by Joe Alicea    (USA)

I caught a Frontier Airlines flight from San Francisco to Denver, CO then from Denver to Cincinnati on Feb 5th, 2014. The airfare is reasonable but I was surprised to learn that you cannot choose a seat in advance, I was charged $50 for a carryon luggage plus another $25 for a "preferred seat". The agent at the gate later explained to me that I had a "basic" ticket which does not afford passengers with similar benefits than those who book their flights through Frontier AL website. Another surprise is they charge passengers to watch onboard Direct TV ($5.95) plus $1.95/standard beverage such as Pepsi products, coffee, etc.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  5 February 2014 by Saketh Rahm    (USA)

Classic Plus

Another awful experience by this, the worst of US carriers. Flew IAH-DEN one way, only good part was that the ticket was cheap and flight left on time. Previous flights all delayed by at least an hour. Crew were surly and rude and didn't want to be there. One attendant barked at passengers to not put bags in the overhead unless it was their row (never heard that before). Another yelled at me for keeping my Iphone on during taxiing, which is allowed by every other airline now (TSA/FAA have change the rules). Worst part is they charge you for a can of soda ($2) and make a big deal about giving you the whole can!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by Brian McHugh    (USA)

Flew Frontier for first and last time to Nashville-Phoenix. Connecting flight delayed 45 minutes due to mechanical problem with door. Return trip: Phoenix-Denver flight ok. Flight from Denver to Nashville took off and had to return to Denver (plane landing gear unable to retract). In both situations, staff had very poor communication informing passengers of situation. Rudest flight attendants I have experienced. No compensation for inconvenience or lost time due to delays. Frontier is an economy airline, I get it. They want to charge you for anything/everything they can. Baggage, food and beverages.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 January 2014 by Dan Miller    (USA)

Just did a round trip from Salt Lake to Orlando, changing in Denver. We had pre chosen seats on Orbitz, we arrived and had been separated for our flights, what would posses a company to charge for a carry on, I paid $20 for a checked bag and then was stiffed for $25 for a carry on. But here is the good part when boarding in Denver from Salt Lake the plane was late so we had to rush to the next and was treated horrible by the flight attendant saying we couldn't come on late and expect a place for our carry on (the one I paid $25 for). No complimentary snacks or beverages.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Shannon Greene    (USA)

I booked a flight on Frontier for my parents on Oribz.com. Their whole Frontier Airlines experience was a disaster. The Frontier employees told my parents that because they booked on through a third party, that their seat assignments would not be honored. My senior citizen parents were crammed in the last row by the bathrooms and made to feel like it was their fault because of where they bought their tickets. They were not seated together. They were surprised to find out upon check in that carry on bags are not free, even though the Frontier website chart says that "Economy" tickets are free. They came to learn that this is only if you book directly through Frontier. Very misleading. They had to pay $50 to take their carry on. The gate attendants were rude. My parents arrived early for their return flight and were made to feel stupid for getting there 2.5 hours early. The gate attendant told them to just sit there and "someone will be around at some point". So tricky baggage fees, rude employees, and being treated like you in trouble because you bought your ticket off Orbitz all equal one bad experience and the fact that our family will never fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 January 2014 by H Veenendaal    (USA)

My wife and daughter flew out the day after Christmas (2013) and arrived 2 hours prior to boarding as recommended. Much to our surprise the line to check baggage was extremely long compared to what the other airlines were experiencing. It was apparent that Frontier was under staffed behind the counters so by the time it was our turn to check in, the gate was closed for our flight. They did not have an express check in so we were out of luck as this would have helped. Fortunately, a relative gave us her miles for my wife and daughter to fly on Delta and after explaining to the Delta representative what had happened they were given priority check in and they were on a flight 3 hours later to their destination. After numerous phone calls with waits of up to 1 1/2 hours, Frontier gave us vouchers for the fight that was missed. We have always had great experiences with Frontier over the years but apparently with all the reorganizations, buyouts etc.. have lost the customer service they once had.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  15 January 2014 by P Johnston    (USA)

Traveled from Trenton, NJ, to Fort Myers week before Thanksgiving. It was one of the most pleasant flights I've had in a long time. They have a small terminal in Trenton, not like dealing with Newark. Check-in staff were nice and security was quick. They have a tiny store in the small waiting area to buy snacks/drinks. Plane was about 30 minutes late, but once it got there, they had us boarded and doors closed in about 15 minutes. They boarded from the middle to front and middle to back - common sense! Flight crew very pleasant. I didn't like the idea you could only purchase drinks or snacks or TV with a credit or debit card, no cash. The plane was very clean, restrooms spotless, flight quiet and comfortable. In Fort Myers, I went to the first baggage claim to find my luggage already on the rack. I spent less than five minutes in Fort Myers airport! Return flight was on time and flight crew was also fun. Boarding was organized: first 4 rows, then those who had carry-ons that would fit under the seat. I got on then and everyone with bags for overhead got on quickly with much less stress than the Continental flight I took in May. Return flight the same as the first, quiet and on time. I had to pay $25 for my luggage each way, but not for carry-on. For me, this was a great value: $178 round trip and $50 total for baggage. From the comments above, some encounter problems with Frontier, but it seems to be mostly on connecting flights. I will definitely give Frontier another try as my experience this time was very good!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2014 by Karen Rust    (USA)

Our flight was Kansas City to Denver with a connection in Denver to Las Vegas on Mon Jan 6th. Flight scheduled to leave at 6.30am. Flight delayed 4 hours supposedly for mechanical issues. They do not communicate to passengers or update on status. Many people were led to believe they will make connections and waited for info for 2-4 hours to be told they will not make their connecting flight. When we finally arrived in Denver, we were told to go to Customer Service to reschedule our connecting flight and waited in excess of 4 hours just to get to the counter. Told that the next flight out would be the next day! Finally, we got food vouchers, we had been at Frontiers mercy for over 18 hours. After arriving at 3am at Las Vegas airport, we had to get our luggage out of impound. From the time of booking to when we flew, several changes were made that negatively impacted our trip. We were not notified that because we had an economy ticket purchased through a third-party vendor that our carry-on bag would be $100 per bag to take on the plane along with no food or beverages offered without a charge incurred. The recent addition of fees for everything but use of the bathroom has taken Frontier Airlines to the very bottom of the food chain. Our return flight was no better. We made it on the Las Vegas flight to Denver. When we got to Denver our flight was delayed. Our plane was to leave at 9.13pm. We got food and started back to the terminal and when we got there, they wouldn't open the doors to let us on the plane. This was 9.10pm. We were told to go to Customer Service to be rescheduled for another flight. By the time we got down to the Customer Service desk, the woman was very rude and said that she couldn't do anything without us paying an additional $100. I paid the money and got a stand-by for 10.12am and a confirmation for a 3pm flight. We spent the next 13 hours sitting at the boarding gate. No where to lay down but on the floor, and, again, our luggage made its way home, but we didn't. I will never fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  10 January 2014 by Peri Harlan    (USA)

Over winter break my family enjoyed a wonderful Skiing vacation in Colorado. My boyfriend and I had to leave the trip early. Because of this, we paid a shuttle service to get us to the airport early on Sunday morning. When we got to the airport we saw the Frontier flight was delayed 2 hours. No text, no call, no email to warn us of this inconvenience. When we got to the gate, I politely asked the lady what the problem was, weather, mechanical, or just a delay at the other airport. She told me it was mechanical. With that, I asked if we could be compensated for our time in the airport with food vouchers. She replied that the delay was not set in stone and therefore would not reward customers. The flight did not leave for another 3 hours and we were not compensated for any food during that time. I was extremely disappointed and plan to never fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 January 2014 by E Schild    (USA)

I traveled Frontier to come home from Los Angeles. Frontier has a rule that their ticketing counters open 2 hours prior to departure. Arrived at the LAX ticket counter a little early and had to wait 45 minutes for an agent to check me in. However, agents were very nice and got me checked in fine. I flew to Denver from LAX and had no complaints with flight attendants and pilots. My second flight was from Denver (depart at 5pm) to Cleveland. I went up to the agent at the gate to ask a question. He greets me with, "Yo." I found that to be very unprofessional. We ended up departing at 7pm, I have never boarded a plane so slowly. We landed in Cleveland around midnight. It must be a Frontier thing to be understaffed when unloading bags off the aircraft, because that was the case. With all of this said, I will never be flying Frontier Airlines ever again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Mary Sacco    (USA)

I flew from Orlando to Trenton NJ. Flight delayed twice but did take off finally. When the flight arrived in Trenton the pilot announced that the runway was too icy to land. We circled for 45 minutes more they tried to de ice the runway. No success! The pilot announced we would now land in Wilmington Delaware and a representative would meet us and provide hotel accommodations. They kept us on the runway for almost 90 minutes and we were told that they were making accommodations for everyone with hotels. Finally get into the airport and are told that they have no intention of providing of providing hotel accommodation. We sit for almost 90 minutes and are told they hired a bus to transport people. Too icy to land a plane but they felt is was fine to put people on a bus. Airport was closing and they were not offering any other options. Arrived back at Trenton 3.30 am. I will never fly this airline again and I don't care how cheap it is, absolutely awful service.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Debi Burgess    (USA)

Kansas City to Denver connection on Mon Jan 6th. Will never book Frontier again. Surprise fees at the gate. Our flight was delayed for 4 hours supposedly for mechanical issues. They do not communicate to passengers or update on status.Many people were led to believe they will make connections and waited for info for 2-4 hours to be told they will not make their connections. Passengers were in a line to schedule alternative flights to find 1 agent to assist them. Then told you will need to call their 800 number. No excuse for that kind of customer service.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  8 January 2014 by E Wyatt    (USA)

I do not recommend this airline for people traveling between Chicago and Trenton. The primary reason: the lack of any semblance of a contingency plan in the event of weather related travel delays. Our Monday flight home to Chicago was cancelled due to weather (not the airlines fault), however, the next available flight was Thursday (3 days later). The announcement was made by an attendant yelling it through the terminal, and passengers had to quickly get in line in the hope they would get on the flight. The attitude of the attendants was apathetic, and no efforts were made to help customers rebook a different flight. Certainly no notion of adding an additional flight to help customers reach their final destination. There was minimal assistance helping people find transportation from the airport, find lodging for the evening, and it felt like we were being pushed out the door as everyone was scrambling to change their plans and find a way home. General complaints include: understaffed baggage drop-offs, confusing and useless signage, extremely slow kiosks. There is a general apathy towards customer service - individual front line employees are generally nice and helpful, but there is an evident lack of organization and customer concern. The airfare is cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 January 2014 by G Miller    (USA)

Was booked on a flight from Tampa - Trenton on 1/3/14. Flight was cancelled about 4 hours prior to departure and I was left stranded without any options. Frontier stated they could not fly me out for another 4 days and refused to put me on another carrier or on their next departing flights, stating "they are already full and you don't have a guaranteed seat". This is totally unacceptable. I had to spend hours on the phone with other airlines and incur excessive charges to take a last minute flight and change my car return time. Would not recommend this airline if it was the only airline.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  6 January 2014 by D Erland    (USA)

We drove 5 hours out of our way to receive what we thought was a discounted ticket for four traveling to Mexico. $180 later for baggage fees and we should have just booked Delta or United for about the same price. It is a "hidden" fee and is not ethical. They specifically ensure that your not aware of the policy. I fly a lot for business and its standard to pay for bags exceeding 40-50 lbs and can also be policy to pay for checked bags (domestic), but I have never heard of having to pay for carry-on baggage that meets their size and weight criteria. If they would have been upfront about it we wouldn't have went through the trouble of ensuring that we were brining four small bags that met their height, width, length, and weight requirements and would have just had two bags and saved ourselves half the cost. Even worse, this is on an international flight. I could truthfully not care less about drinks and snacks, but a 5 hour flight and they want you to pay for a cup of coffee? I feel as if they should be paying me for the 3 hour delay on each side of my flight that was caused by their incompetence if they are going to nickel and dime their "customers" for every last item. Watch out, next time you get on a Frontier flight they will probably have a visa machine to gain access to the bathrooms.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  2 January 2014 by Stephanie Long    (USA)

My husband and I are just returning from vacation and are waiting to board our final flight of our journey home to Denver. We arrived at the Frontier ticket counter this morning to find that we could not carry on our bags for free as we had on the way out - today it would cost either $25 to check each bag, or $50 to carry them on. This was a sneaky tactic by frontier - very clever to gouge the budget traveler when they believe they have accounted for all costs at the end of their trip. Of course our hands were tied and we had no logical choice but to pay! Wow. My resolution in 2014: no more flights with Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  30 December 2013 by Edith Wilkins    (USA)

I think Frontier should remove their inclusion on the cheap-fare sites, because when you get to the airport you are told that because you bought your ticket on one of these sites you have to pay $55 for your carry-on, etc. The departure and return flights were changed and I had to stay five days longer than planned. Also the people using these sites were put in the very back where the seats don't recline. This would all be fine except by the time Frontier gets done with you, you might as well have paid regular fare. Every airline I have ever used, cheap fare or not, will email when the departure time has been changed even by only 5 min. You rescheduled your departure time for 25 min. earlier without letting me know. I was lucky to get to airport in time. I will never fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 December 2013 by G Tamilla    (USA)

We fly Frontier only because it is the only airline that provides direct flights to Madison, WI. I would like to admonish everyone not to leave the check-in desk without checking if you received all tickets that you purchased. We wasted 40 minutes with 3 kids under three at the check-in desk checking in our bags. At first the agent was too lazy to carry several credit card transactions for checked in luggage and was saying that she would check in two bags under one passenger's name and another bag under another passenger's name (we had 3 tickets) - we ended up paying $5.00 more, which is not a big deal, but the agent's attitude was far from professional. After that ordeal we have to return to the check in desk two times as the agent printed only one boarding pass at a time without checking that there three tickets under the same reservation and that happened two times! In addition, the crew was out of soap and coffee and by mistake took our bag thinking that it belongs to the crew member. We were happy that it was only a 1.5 hr flight. In general the service was not so bad, but little customer service issues ruined the pleasure of having a nice flight.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 December 2013 by D Hudson    (USA)

Classic Plus

I'm a Summit member with Frontier and have been for approx 10 years. In short, I booked 4 'Classic Plus' seats for myself and family in October and was told that I could not select seats at that time. So, exactly 24 hours prior to the flight, tried to check in and received 4 seats (none of the 'Classic Plus' variety, scattered throughout the plane). These are all middle seats too. I suggest no-one fly Frontier unless you have time to waste (flights are always delayed), travel alone (can't get seats together) and have no baggage (carry on or otherwise). If you are sane and can do the math, by the time you book their "Ultra Low Cost Carrier' fare, add in baggage ($50.00 at min) and carry-on ($25.00 at min), you've just paid the same price as United, Delta, etc. and get to buy your own water.