PAGE loading ... please wait!

Frontier Airlines Passenger Reviews and Frontier Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  30 May 2013 by L Williams    (USA)

Friday 24 May 2013. Frontiers Denver flight was delayed 3 hours which caused me to miss my connection to Reagan Airport so an agent booked me on a United flight from Denver to Dulles. While at the gate I was told I needed to check my luggage because it may not fit in the overhead bin although my carryon luggage met the requirements of a carry on. Once I arrived in Denver I was told by a United agent that they no longer have a contract with Frontier and I was unable to board the plane. So while I did not board the United flight my luggage was on its way to Dulles. I then had to stay over night in Denver and pay for my own hotel. When I finally made it back to Oklahoma I was told my bag was located and it would be sent to my house. Received a call Tuesday 28 May 2013 stating my luggage was still at Dulles with United.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  28 May 2013 by Gene Bower    (USA)

Have no problems with Frontier except their seats. Horrible and I've flown over 60 flights with other airlines. Never had a seat that uncomfortable. The cushioning in the seats is terrible.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 May 2013 by M Watson    (USA)

Classic Plus

No huge gripe here, but it just seems Frontier has joined just about every other airline in the USA in their quest for uncomfortable mediocrity. My tray tables on each of 4 flights were filthy and the seats are very hard. "Classic Plus" gives you a few more inches of leg room, but little else. They will attempt to charge you for your complimentary beverage upgrade, and nobody on that aircraft will get any freebies, not even a tiny bag of pretzels. Don't expect a magazine (or even SkyMall) or any free TV/movie viewing. The in-flight credit card sales pitch is the icing on this cake of cheapskate tackiness.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 May 2013 by J Dekker    (USA)

Flew Frontier last week and had a horrible experience. On the way back, they were delayed 1 hour due to weather, even though looking at a radar of the entire US, there were no weather issues anywhere. Another staff member said it was an air traffic control delay where another said it was a TSA issue. They wouldn't hold our connecting flight for 5 minutes and we missed our flight. We had to wait 5 hours. Finally, they lost our luggage and I still don't have it back. I have yet to receive a phone call. It has now been 4 days since the flight.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 May 2013 by P Armani    (USA)

The planes were clean and the staff very nice. What I didn't like was they push for you to sign up for a Frontier Airlines Mastercard. They should be pushing you to get one of their cards in the Concourse / Gate Area that seems more comfortable to me than having the Flight Attendants doing it. The live TV service has gone up in price, didn't like that - they should have left the price alone.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 May 2013 by A Baronov    (USA)

New Orleans to Denver: heavy rain, flight delayed. Staff tell us we won't make our connection, so should go back, pay for our own hotel and try again tomorrow. We insist that we go to Denver now, they reluctantly concede, but take us off the connection flight, giving us tickets for next day. We should have insisted that we get the boarding passes for the connection, and then change those if we can't make it. Before departing, we call our travel agency, who tell us that there is a United flight with seats departing the same day, and Frontier was responsible for placing us on that. Onboard: staff start asking me where I'm going, then essentially grab my carry-on bag out of my hand to check it in. I explain that due to my short connection, my bag will almost certainly not make it, and ask to check for a space. They say no. I was shocked by their abruptness and rudeness. In Denver: our connection is delayed, and is boarding as we leave the plane. They won't let us on. After a phone call, staff at the gate decide to let us on. In Seattle: naturally, they didn't get my bag there on time. I had to get it myself the next day.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 May 2013 by D Milkano    (USA)

I've got no problem with the on-the-ground staff of Frontier. Most are hardworking, nice folks but I may never fly Frontier ever again due to their poor management making decisions. Thr overhead compartments wouldn't be extremely full if they didn't start charging to put bags under the plane years ago. Now, they will charge us to have a carry-on bag, for our own good, of course. Also, promo codes that their site say they are good for a certain time, they don't last until the time they say they are usable. That's just dishonest. All things considered, it's enough to push me away from ever wanting to fly them again. I'm happy to take my business elsewhere especially when other companies fares are identical. Why fly a dishonest airline that talks down to their customers?

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  11 May 2013 by V Williams    (USA)

Classic Plus

I will never fly frontier again, Trenton Airport customer service is horrible and they don't have someone to take your baggage down to security for you when you have an infant, a child to tend to and I also had my 90 year old grandmother with me who was in a wheelchair. When it was time to board the airplane they didn't have the walk way connected to the plane. They had to push my grandmother up on the ramp. We got to the door of the airplane they had my grandmother sitting in the middle seat, they had to change her seat 3 or 4 times. We just wanted to go to Orlando FL with my children but I will go to the Philadelphia Airport and get on United to make our next trip.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 May 2013 by G McGowan    (USA)

TTN-TPA round-trip. Booked 1 week in advance and paid under $200 round-trip, whereas US Airways and Southwest's fares were twice as much. Overall good value for money. In addition to the savings on airfare, I was able to park for free at the Trenton airport. Since the flights were full, we were given the opportunity to gate check our carry-ons and pick them up at baggage claim. This came in handy flying from TTN to TPA since I wouldn't have to carry my garment bag through the Tampa airport. But I would advise don't gate check carry-ons when flying into a small airport like Trenton. I had to wait in a cramped baggage claim for probably 30 minutes for my bag, no thanks to the ground crew taking their sweet time. As much as I don't like the Philadelphia airport, at least bags are going around the carousel by the time I get to baggage claim. Also although Frontier has DirecTV on the seat backs, if you get the lowest fare, you have to pay extra for it. And if you're thinking about purchasing snacks, you better have a credit or debit card because they don't accept cash.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  6 May 2013 by K Kurtz    (USA)

We had purchased 2 return tickets MDT (Harrisburg) to MCO (Orlando). Did online check-in 24 hr prior to takeoff at which time we purchased and paid for Frontier's Stretch seating. Selected a middle for myself and window for son who is over 6 ft tall. They called our name and boarded us first before all other passengers. My extra charge stretch seat became awful when Frontier determined the seat (aisle) next to me was the only place that would accommodate a "double wide" passenger. Their term, not mine. They wheeled the passenger in and we spent 2 hours skin to skin with me unable to move. There would have been absolutely no way to access the screen controls. We also were unable to get out for bathroom use or for any other reason. I understand we all have different body types and sizes, but it's unfair for me to pay extra for more room, yet getting the worst possible seat on the plane. I will never pay for "stretch" seating on Frontier, I won't be flying with them again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  5 May 2013 by S Hawes    (USA)

This is the worst airline ever. Only use them if you are desperate, and if you are plan to have a terrible experience. I have taken hundreds of flights, good and bad, and Frontier is one I will never take again. I've only used them three times, but each time they have been delayed. I mean 20 minute delay, fine, but each flight has been delayed over an hour and usually close to two. One was weather related and okay of course that happens, but other times there has been no excuse. And when I have talked to them on the phone they give no information for why its delayed! I've only taken this airline because it flies into an airport right by my parents so its easier when I go to visit them, but Id much rather fly to Newark or JFK and take a train to my family! Lesson finally learned. But really Frontier get your stuff together.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  2 May 2013 by D Sale    (USA)

Our flight was changed to us air. Me and my wife 2 children 1 being an infant had seating together and select seating. We were moved to another flight seated apart, when there was an entire row above us for same price open. We were denied be able to have those seats and sit together. I had asked for a reason and none was given. I asked to speak to the air manager. What kind of business downgrades their customers to a worse seating arrangement when its the companies problem they had to move our flight? We also had to pay the baggage fee difference. Customer service was horrible I will have to say I would never book a flight with Frontier Airlines again and would gladly pay more to another airline that would accommodate their customers.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 April 2013 by S Miller    (USA)

This airline could not provide a flight-crew for a flight from Kansas City to Boston so the flight was cancelled. We were then transferred to a flight to LaGuardia. We got to LaGuardia and had to switch terminals to the flight which was a US Airways flight with the rest of the people from our original flight. We got to the terminal and the flight had left and all other services to Boston had finished. We were told to go the baggage claim and take a bus to a hotel. Our bags had made it on the US Airways flight. We could not find the bus due to terrible communication skills between the passengers and the staff. However, one very nice flight attendant on the flight to New York stepped outside the job description and helped passengers personally.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2013 by W Roberts    (USA)

We were pleased with our flight from Chicago to Denver and Denver to Las Vegas. I wish they had told us ahead of time that the seats in front of the emergency door don't recline. Our son has to have a reclining seat and we were not told about this prior to purchasing our tickets.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2013 by J Drazek    (USA)

LaGuardia-Denver-Phoenix. Incoming plane to LGA was delayed for mechanical reasons. Plane to DEN therefore left the gate 2 hours late. Sat on the Tarmac another hour and a half because of a fast moving storm. We all missed our flights out of DEN. Frontier denied responsibility for the delay secondary to the weather. Clearly, if the incoming plane to LGA, had been on time, we would have left ahead of the storm and made it to our destination. I waited in line in Denver for an hour and a half to speak with the customer service agent, who gave me incorrect information. I was finally booked on a flight leaving early the next morning to San Diego, way out of my way, with a transfer to PHX. Spent a sleepless night in Denver airport and got home 24 hours after the start of my journey.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2013 by C Demarest    (USA)

Trenton to Orlando. I flew with my husband and my 2 young boys. Check in took a little while because there was only 2 girls at the counter. Security check did not take long but was thorough. The plane was on the smaller side but not any smaller than Spirit Airlines planes. The seats are a little smaller than your Continental airline seats. If you are a larger person and don't like tight spaces, don't fly Frontier or Spirit airlines. Flight out was on time, some turbulence, mostly smooth. Flight back was about an hour behind, but made up some time in the air. The attendants were nice. Cleanliness as average. I found some trash in the pocket seat in front of me. We had no problems with Frontier.