PAGE loading ... please wait!

Frontier Airlines Passenger Reviews and Frontier Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  12 August 2013 by Stephen G Sweet    (USA)

Classic Plus

My son and I flew from ANC to SFO (and return) via DEN. Satisfied by all flights and crew. However, I did notice some changes since my last flight(s), one being the new charges for carryons. The folks at SFO began to implement this new policy and it caused quite a bit of confusion for the passengers and some noted unhappiness at having to pay. Some folks were not pleased with having to have their stuff "sized up" prior to boarding. The new policy of charging for all drinks was not too popular as well. I spoke with a couple of crew members from the various flights we were on and a basic theme appeared, "we seem to be heading towards becoming Spirit". Crew members were not too thrilled. I was using my miles on this trip and my last one with my daughter recently. I have been both an Ascent and Summit member for years and have been very pleased with Frontier. I am however somewhat scared about their becoming a bottom feeder. I know change is always around the corner with airlines but the nickel and dimes they are going after is not right in my way of thinking. Keep it up and I will be traveling on Alaska Air year round.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 August 2013 by Pam Gilchrist    (USA)

My daughter took a teaching job in Phoenix, we drove from Michigan to help her get settled. Tried to use Frontier to get back to Michigan - worst experience ever! My husband was to fly out on Sunday the 28th at 3.14 to Denver, after several hours was sent to O'Hare, had to stay overnight, get up at 5.00 to get flight to Grand Rapids, Michigan. I stayed until Saturday 3rd, 3.14 flight, after a delay, got on the plane, sat for half an hour, got off the plane. 2 hour delay - stood in line to change connecting flight Denver to Grand Rapids. Line up to board plane - cancelled. Back to the line for new connecting flight. 9.00pm, all flights to Denver cancelled. Back in line. Phoenix to Miami at 10.40. Miami to O'Hare at 6.40 am. Now I need to be picked up in Chicago. Terrible experience.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  6 August 2013 by Monica Mueller    (USA)

First and last Frontier trip SFO to/from Denver. 1.5 hour delay out of SFO. Nearly 3 hour delay out of Denver - 2am arrival! Had to get a taxi home at 3am. Should have flown more expensive flight on another airline. Never again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  5 August 2013 by A Wood    (USA)

Had a 2.5hr delay on the first flight (no apologies or service recovery offered) and another 2hr delay on the return flight because they used the same mechanically inept plane. The return flight was to be the first of the day. An entire plane of peoples plans ruined.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 July 2013 by Araceli Torres Budnik    (USA)

Flew from DTW to Denver (connecting flight to SNA) traveling with two small children (3 years old and 9) they offered us a "complementary soda" nothing else! On the way back to DTW a week later, we checked in 2 hours early and they sat us all, including my 3 year old child all by him self, the representative at the ticket counter simply said there is nothing she could do! No more complementary sodas.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 July 2013 by Stephen Sweet    (USA)

Daughter and I flew down to SLC from ANC, changing planes in DEN. No problems going or returning with the small exception of a somewhat rude/uncaring employee at check-in at SLC. The service was fine, the planes clean and the flight crews were caring and professional. The crew on the return to ANC was the best I have ever had on any airline, professional and funny. I have them on the flight tonight returning to DEN as my son and I fly to SFO. I expect the flight will be a good one!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  20 July 2013 by K Luckert    (Costa Rica)

DEN-SJO. Cramped in a seat with no recline. I tried to call in advance to book a seat, seat assignment via website did not work. Online check-in not working. It seems that service is non-existent anymore on that airline. Attendants came shortly after take off to sell snack boxes and beverages for $2. No free water service on a 5 hour flight. Attendants very rude, sat around and chatted the whole flight.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2013 by K Kucera    (USA)

Seattle to Omaha, 7/12/13, Flights: 510 and 432. Omaha to Seattle, 7/15/13, Flights: 437 and 843. I have had many complications with this airline. The last 4 flights I was on over this past weekend did not leave on time. The shortest waiting time was 2 hours after original departure and the longest was 24 hours. I have many other opinions on why I am not satisfied with this airline and will not fly with them.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  15 July 2013 by C Hill    (USA)

I flew Denver to DC. Outbound was pleasant enough, by today's flying standards. The way back was horrible. I had the same weight suitcase as when I left and they wanted to charge 75 dollars for an overweight bag, but a second bag is 20 dollars. The person at the counter was very rude. They started charging for beverages on July 1st. If you add up the fees this airline charges, you will actually pay less with another more expensive carrier. I'd shop around before booking tickets with Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 July 2013 by D Ayers    (USA)

Classic Plus

Booked MSN to DEN. Had a 13.5 hour delay one day - was able to reschedule for the next day at 6am. The delay for that flight next was 3.5 hours. Poor communication and limited options made the situation worse. Both delays were mechanical in nature.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 July 2013 by E Gray    (USA)

Flying from Cancun Mexico to Denver. Spent 45 minutes at gate waiting for maintenance to repair a tray that wouldn't stay latched. Then another 20 minutes for a refuel. Only two updates on status in the entire hour. Missed the connecting flight. After another 4 hours we here the announcement that the Denver to SLC flight was delayed 30 minutes. Given a card with a phone number to file a complaint or a compliment. The wait times were horrendous and after waiting for 15 to 30 minutes with no answer - we tried this several times. Most recently it said high call volume. Not surprised. Hope we never have to fly Frontier airline again. Staff fairly unconcerned.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  8 July 2013 by Tommy Oexeman    (USA)

Not a pleasant return flight from Denver. Flew DEN-STL on the 'economy' fare. Seats were okay, but became uncomfortable and pitch was poor. Beverage service was nonexistent since drinks now cost $1.99. That is ridiculous. Flight attendants were rude. The bright side was the TV service.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 July 2013 by Tommy Oexeman    (USA)

There is room for improvement. Left from STL at 5.00, on time, outbound to DEN. Seats weren't that great. They were thin and uncomfortable. Very little lumbar support. Flight attendants were okay, a little aloof but kind. Inflight entertainment was nice, but you had to pay for it. No complimentary snacks. Drinks were free, but will be $1.99 as of 7/1/13 - ridiculous. Plane was somewhat dirty. Very wide plane, however (A320). Seat pitch wasn't bad (I'm 5'9"). Landed ahead of schedule. Overall, pleasant first experience but could have been better.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2013 by J Greene    (USA)

Flight number 122 from Denver to Dallas on 6/30/13. Flight delayed 3 hours and I never received any notification from the airlines via email, text, automated call. The customer service desk was very unhelpful in exploring other flight options since the flight now doesn't leave until 11pm. They also were very unhelpful in providing any information. I will never use Frontier again, this is a first and a last.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  24 June 2013 by Stephen G Sweet    (USA)

Classic Plus

I once again had a great experience flying Frontier-ANC to SLC via DEN. The planes were clean the service was excellent and always on time. We actually landed in ANC 30 minutes early on the return. I have yet to have a less than positive flight ever with them. I have been flying them since they arrived in ANC many years ago. Good choice overall.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  12 June 2013 by Todd Dobben    (USA)

Classic Plus

Flight 929 from Trenton to Detroit yesterday. After hearing a number of bad comments I had very low expectations. They gave me an option of a food box which I liked. Had a small TV in front of my seat. Flight attendants were funny and very nice. Seats were comfortable.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  8 June 2013 by Meg Shropshire    (USA)

Classic Plus

The worst airline I've flown. My flight got changed 7 times. Each time it was a new reason why the flight time was changed. My flight was suppose to take off at 8am. Did not leave until 9pm. The service alone was enough to make me never want to fly with the airline again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  6 June 2013 by A Locke    (USA)

I flew from Columbus, Ohio to Trenton, New Jersey a few weeks ago, and had a good experience. I was worried because of the unfavourable reviews, but I was pleasantly surprised with the experience. Frontier is your typical "no-frills" airline. You do have to pay for a snack, but for the price I paid for the flight I wasn't complaining about that. The position of the seats was a tad uncomfortable, however my flight was short so it wasn't too much of a problem for me. The staff and flight attendants were helpful and friendly, and there were no delays on either flight. In fact, the return flight arrived early. In my opinion Frontier is a good value, and I would fly with them again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  3 June 2013 by Clay Wescott    (USA)

DCA to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Flights to Denver and one to Jackson Hole were on time. New, clean Airbus 319s. Friendly and helpful crew. Return flight from Jackson Hole left about 40 minutes late due to weather, but they held connecting flight in Denver, and arrival in DCA only 10 minutes late. Excellent experience.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  31 May 2013 by Arturo Adams    (USA)

I foolishly accepted a great rate flight forgetting you get what you pay for. Flight delayed from LAX to Denver 3.5 hours, upon arriving in Denver the staff were completely useless and preferred bad attitudes over customer service. The amount of misinformation received was nothing short of incredible. Management was useless. I will never fly Frontier again.