PAGE loading ... please wait!

Frontier Airlines Passenger Reviews and Frontier Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  13 May 2014 by Jennifer Buckley    (USA)

Classic Plus

Frontier was delayed 120 minutes from new Orleans to Denver for weather in Denver. We were informed all our connecting flights would be delayed and that we would make our connections, not to worry. Upon arriving in Denver many passenger's as well as myself learned our flight connections had left. Many appeared to have been delayed 10 minutes or so, clearly not inline with the info provided by new Orleans staff, Frontier offered to put me on another flight at 4pm the following day and we could sleep in the airport. No other options nor recommendations for other airlines were provided. My husband searched with me and we purchased a one way ticket from Denver to Salt Lake, to get home that night. My family will do whatever we can in the future not to fly Frontier Airlines.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  11 May 2014 by M Jansen    (USA)

After reading all of the negative comments on this site I wanted to give some positive information. Most people only write a review when they are unhappy and don't take the time when it is a good experience. We flew from Milwaukee to Denver and then Las Vegas. Everything went very smoothly. All flights were on time. If you don't take time to read all of the rules then be prepared for being unhappy. I checked out everything beforehand and didn't have any surprises. The nice thing about the carry on bag requirement is that it eliminates people from bringing hugs bags on and trying to stuff them in the overhead bins. By limiting this and have the airline actually follow the rules they have makes for everyone getting on the plane and seated so much faster.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 May 2014 by Laura Fry    (USA)

I chose to fly with Frontier because of their low prices. I was not aware that this meant I was sacrificing any type of customer service. I booked a flight from CVG, I had not received the online check in email and was not at a place where I had access to a printer so thought it would be easy enough to check in at the counter. This was incorrect, there was no kiosk and the line was quite long, with several people ahead of me checking bags. Although it was not mentioned in any of my emails, Frontier seems to have a strict policy that they will not check you in if your flight is 45 mins or less to boarding. Although we were all in line within this time frame, due to the slow movement, several of us were not at the counter 45 minutes before our flight. This was handled by one lady looking up at us and saying "no, they are cut off" and no more. We were all very confused and asked what was going on, we needed to check in, and she ignored us. There were 3 people at the counter and four in line, but they would not respond to us at all, just completely ignored us and would not explain what was going on, until a fourth attendant came up and asked how she could help. This is a frustrating experience no matter what, but to just be ignored like that was one of the rudest ways these staff members could have handled it. I do not plan to continue to fly with Frontier, even if does save me a few dollars, because people should not be treated that way.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  6 May 2014 by Daiss Benjamin    (USA)

I will never fly with Frontier again. I was in a rush trying to find flights to make it back home before my grandfather passed away and found some tickets through Orbitz. We were supposed to fly out the next morning at 6.15am. I checked in early online and printed out boarding passes. When we got to MSP we were an hour early. There was no one at the bag check counter so we proceeded to go through security and were told our passes didn't work. We were directed back to the counter to get new passes but by this point we were beyond the 45 minute window and couldn't speak to anyone. While I was on the phone with Frontier explaining what happened they said we had to pay the $100 fee per person to get our flight changed to the next available flight. As I was on the phone they came on the intercom calling our names but we couldn't get through security. We then spent 8 hours in front of the baggage check before we could check our bags and go through security. After being nickled and dimed for every fee they could possibly come up with they have the nerve to say "you booked on a third party website and can't sit together".

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  2 May 2014 by A Heffner    (USA)

I do not plan on flying Frontier again. Cannot confirm seats prior to check-in unless you pay, however, no one explains this. Thus, my husband, 3 year old and I were all seated in different parts of the plane. Even when I paid to check in early on my return, we still were separated. Everything is an additional charge. I would rather pay one price and know that I can have a confirmed seat, can carry on a bag and can have one cold beverage on my flight. Flight attendants sit in the back of the plane and read a book. Not sure what the point is in having them. I booked with Amex points (a "third party"), thus, carry on luggage is extra. Pretty much everyone in our line had booked through a "third party", so we were all in the same boat. They make everyone have their carry on bag measured, which was one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen. This created chaos in the waiting area, as multiple lines had formed and half the people didn't know what was going on.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 April 2014 by James Brainerd    (USA)

We left from Omaha and after checking in, going through security and getting to our gate we were told to wait in line to put our carry ons and personal items in a slot to see if we would be charged. Very rude, same thing happened changing plans in Denver. Leaving Las Vegas at 6.30am told to pay $50 for carry-on, I said we didn't on the way out and she said we are a 3rd party and that is how it goes. Wait through a very long security line, sit down and again they told us to wait in a very long line to check to see if everyone's carry-on fitted into the slot. I have MS and lines and standing are not the best for me, but myself and my husband do what we are told. Never once was there a problem. Staff were not friendly. I travel 12 to 15 times a year for work and have never had to do any of this. Then they come through with the snack and beverage cart and tell you, sorry your drink is $1.99. We have never been treated like lower class on any flight, business or pleasure. I can assure you we will not save $20 for a flight and go through Frontier ever again. I know everyone wants cut backs, but they may want to look at customer service.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 April 2014 by Torey Lyons    (USA)

Never mind how 100% of everything (drinks, food, checking baggage) is "available for a fee", I understand that is a way to save me some money. What makes this airline the worst experience I have ever had traveling is the fact my flight was delayed - I understand that happens - but that made it so they could not get me on my connecting flight home. They cannot get another flight on their airline for another 2 days. They refuse to help me at the desk, I call their customer service line on my own personal phone which took several hours for them to tell me they will not help me get on another airline. I have to stay at the airport for 2 days. Not even an upgraded seat. I saved a little money on Frontier tickets and they are costing me hundreds of dollars. I will never consider giving them my business again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 April 2014 by Frank Osbourne    (USA)

Poor inflexible service. If you don't have your boarding pass printed before you get to the airport, you might miss your flight. Their machine shut off 45 min before the flight and they don't staff their counters. 30 min on the phone and they were still inflexible. Couldn't rebook flight until 4 days out. Don't use this airline.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by B Terry    (USA)

SEA to OKC, round trip, 4/10/2014, coming home on 4/14. I made sure I checked all their rules checked one golf bag online, saved 5 dollars each way. Plane was not as clean as would like. Just an uneventful trip with no snags. the Denver to SEA connection was very close time wise. If you do your homework and plan you can save money flying with them. I would fly them again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  16 April 2014 by J Hanhardt    (USA)

Classic Plus

My wife and I flew from SEATAC to Midway near Chicago with a stop in Denver. This was round-trip so there were four flights in all. Not one flight left on time. You would think the law of probably would ensure that at least one flight would be on schedule but that was not so. We flew classic plus so we had one free checked bag, one free carry-on and a free drink during the flight. I feel sorry for those that had to pay for those things. When did we have to start paying extra for customer service? Since you have to pay extra for everything everybody tries to make all their luggage carry-on. This slowed down the boarding process and only made the whole experience worse. Everything but the seat you were sitting in was extra, and it seems that if federal guidelines would allow them to pack more people onto a plane by doing away with the seats they would do that too! The flight attendants were courteous to your face but since we sat in the front right next to them we could overhear them talking about passengers in the back and previous passengers on other flights. Very unprofessional. I would not recommend this airline to anyone expecting a decent experience. If you don't mind being treated like you are cattle being led to slaughter then this airline is for you. I wouldn't fly Frontier again no matter how low the fare is.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by J Herzog    (USA)

I fly all the time and try to fly Frontier if at all possible, that is until tonight. I won't be flying them anymore. Flying Denver to Kansas City originally leaving at 7.15. After three gate changes our flight is delayed over 2 hours. Funny thing is there is a later Frontier flight flying to Kansas City and they are boarding now. Everyone is asking, why Frontier wouldn't switch planes so earlier flight could leave first. We aren't only people affected either, Frontier is moving everyone gate to gate and there are delays galore.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  8 April 2014 by Paul Leschensky    (USA)

I fly a lot for business and must check a bag for tools. My selected seats (non premium) were rejected at check in and random seats were assigned. I expected baggage fees for checked baggage, but my briefcase was large enough to qualify as a carry on instead of a personal item. Sizing explanation was not available until the rate increased from $50 to $100. Random seat assignment always means middle seat assignment. My return flight was not as booked, but this may be my travel agent. By the time all of the surprise fees were added, I could have flown another carrier for less. They would be better named hidden fee, or bait and switch airlines. Alaska, Delta, and United would be better choices for routes in the Northwest and West. I didn't eat or drink on the flight, but n/a is not a review option, so I chose no opinion. The flight crew was professional and genial, the check in staff was bright and chipper, but unhelpful.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by T Emmett    (USA)

Flew PHX-DEN on 3/27 for $90 a person during spring break. Flight was on time, boarding quick and organized, except for the carry on bag size check, which was very unorganized at boarding. Flight attendants gave out water for free, and on a 1.5 hr flight food and drink purchases weren't needed. Checked bag was out before we even got to the baggage claim belt. All in all a very positive experience and highly recommend Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by M McIntyre    (USA)

I was penalized because I booked my flight through Orbitz. I had to pay for seats - $8 a piece so that I could sit with my kids. The airlines nickel and dimes you - you pay to carry on or to check a bag. I ended up paying $80 each direction to check 4 bags for my family. Then they give you no beverages for free on the flight - a 4hr flight and you have to pay $2 for a coffee or soda! Finally - their computer system could not let us check in online - because my husband and son share the same full name - one is Jr the other is III. I have never had a problem with this on any other airline. Frontier told me I should have booked their tickets separately.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by J Krafsur    (USA)

Denver-Orlando and return: March 18-24 (FFT678/FFT681). If you know what you are getting into with this airline, it's not half bad. I researched and knew Frontier charges for carry-ons if you don't meet the requirements or book a fare on their website, so I made sure to bring a proper sized bag and got on no problem. I do the same thing when I fly Spirit. The customer service wasn't very good in Denver, but once on the plane the flight attendants were very nice and helpful, especially when my TV broke, and the customer service in Orlando was noticeably better. The flight on the way out was delayed due to snow and wind but I can't fault Frontier. Overall, an enjoyable experience and considering they have TV (yes, they charge but so do most others), I did my research, and they were nearly $200 cheaper than the nearest non-stop competitor, I would certainly would continue flying them again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 March 2014 by D Endres    (USA)

Des Moines to Las Vegas, March 24, 2014 and return on March 27, 2014. One of the legs was flight 782 on March 27th. They reel you in with a low fare and then nickel and dime you to death. As a business traveler, I'll steer clear of this airline from this point forward.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2014 by William Yacker    (USA)

Flight 667, March 7 2014, Cleveland to San Francisco. My 19 year old daughter booked a flight in early March and had two small carry on bags. When she checked in, no one at Frontier mentioned anything about a charge for a second carry on. When she got to the gate they told her she needed to pay $100 for the second carry on. She offered to check-in the second small bag and was told "no, we have to charge you $100." She ended up having to check the bag anyway, but they still charged her $100.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  27 March 2014 by Abshire John    (USA)

I flew from Denver to San Diego on 8.59pm flight. We did not board until 9.20pm, and started to taxi but returned to the gate due to the plane had a malfunction with one engine. We didn't taxi for another 20 minutes which all of this caused a serious delay! All of these events seemed to be a disorganization on Frontiers' behalf. After all of this confusion and frustration Frontier employees acted as if they did passengers a favor. No compensation was awarded i.e. beverages or anything. On top of this distraction I landed late causing my rental car reservation to be cancelled and had to barter with taxi drivers for transportation to my hotel. As far as I'm concerned this airline has the worst customer service bar none!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  18 March 2014 by M Stearns    (USA)

I have flown Frontier before and thought that for the price it was a good option. However I suppose it had been longer than I remember since I experienced Frontier. I was told that my carry on was too big (I have taken it on every flight for years, including Frontier) and that I had to check it. Then I was told that whether I checked the bag or carried it on, that I would be charged an extra fee! I specifically travel light to avoid fees and baggage mix ups. I actually drive an extra hour to get to an airport that includes Frontier so that I can get a good deal. Never again. I hate to say this as I am a working person myself and don't quickly complain about service, but unfortunately the Frontier employees were plain rude. I can almost overlook this since I would be frustrated with all the angry customers if I had to deal with them too. Frontier doesn't seem to care about the passengers anymore.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by M Demitroff    (USA)

March 3, 2014 – Flight F9 395, ILG–DEN. March 5, 2014 – Flight F9 396, DEN–ILG. Thank you Frontier for my recent ILG–DEN flight, coincidently on the Alberta Clipper and Polar Bear tail ID. The New Castle (Wilmington, DE) Airport was pretty much the only game in town during the March 3 snowstorm. Nearby Philadelphia Airport was all but closed. This was true for earlier snowstorms too. Our flight was delayed about an hour due to de-icing issues, not the airline’s fault. This little airport has all the charm of a Soviet-era military installation, but I’ll gladly forego shopping mall ambience for short lines, free parking, easy access, and cheap flights. I carried-on, so can't comment on baggage. Service was comparable to other low-cost domestic carriers. Return DEN-ILG was delayed about 20 minutes. Their Mediterranean Sky Snacks Box was purchased for $7, and it was ample, tasty, and good value for money.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  13 March 2014 by G Kenrick    (USA)

I used to be a big fan of Frontier but no more. Three of us travelled from DFW to SLC for spring break. Much to my surprise, I was not allowed to take my carry-on bag onto the plane unless I paid $100. My other choice was to have them check it for $35, more than if I had checked it in initially. The gate personnel could not have been ruder. I will never look at Frontier again when booking a trip.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  11 March 2014 by A Davis    (USA)

My husband lives in Chicago and I live in the Northeast. One of us flies every two weeks. We use Frontier on a regular basis and while I think they can improve on the carry on bag, size checking process, other than that, we've both been more than impressed with the low fares and clean, safe planes. The flight crew are funny and make the trip seem quick.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  10 March 2014 by B Magee    (USA)

This was my first and last flight with Frontier. We arrived at DIA with plenty enough time to drop off our bags and make it in time to the gate for departure. However, when we tried to print our already completed boarding passes and drop off our bags, the computer directed us to go directly to the gate. The only option we were given was to re-book a later flight at a cost of $100 per person (5). We were not treated properly and can only anticipate how we will be treated once we actually get on the next flight. I already do not like the cost to pick a seat and the cost to bring luggage and will try to stick with Southwest for future flights. Judging from the other posts, it is clear Frontier has a serious PR problem and doesn't care about customer service.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2014 by Wilmette Reid    (USA)

2013 Christmas Vacation from Atlanta, Georgia to Trenton, New Jersey. I found a ticket within my budget and booking the ticket was easy. Boarding was done quickly and very organized. The stewardesses were kind and very helpful to passengers. The only difficulty I experienced was with the ticket checker upon boarding in Atlanta, after I learned that my bag wasn't within standard regulations to be a carry on. This one young lady was very rude and short with me. She took no time at all to explain to me, the steps that I needed to take to secure my bag from the gate. Her only reply was "You're not getting on this plane." I was quite taken back by her rudeness. However as quickly as she had insulted me, another young lady at the desk came to my rescue and she was very helpful and polite. I was able to check my bag and board my flight, without further incident. The plane was clean and the flight was quiet and friendly.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  27 February 2014 by Melissa West    (USA)

My husband and I got to the airport to discover that the flight had been delayed 10 hours. There was only one person behind the desk to re-route an entire plane of people. We got in line and the line had barely moved in 2 hours. I called Frontier, was told that the next time we could get out to our destination was 5 days from then. I then went to the American Airlines counter-they said if Frontier was willing to release the first half of our tickets they would be glad to honor them. I called Frontier and they refused. When I tried to reschedule the return date for 5 days later, the agent said they would do that but we would have to pay 100$ each for a rebooking fee. Everyone in line had horror stories about Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  26 February 2014 by Ivan Cintron    (USA)

Orlando to Denver. First and last time I will fly with Frontier. Very rude and disrespectful flight attendants. They were the most unprofessional crew I have seen. They treated everybody like they were doing them a favor. They simply don't realize that customers pay their wages. It's just not worth it.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  20 February 2014 by B Schaugaard    (USA)

This was my first and last experience with Frontier Airlines. I bought my ticket not directly from Frontier Airlines and found they treat these tickets as if you are an inferior customer. I paid to check in my luggage and not one word was mentioned about my carry on, I proceeded to the gate and was told I had to pay $100 to get on with my carry on bag. I travel often and have never had to pay for a carry on. The gate agent had terrible customer service and when I finally made it on the plane everyone around me was also complaining about the horrible customer service.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 February 2014 by Troy Taylor    (USA)

The first time I have used Frontier and it will be the last. Everything was fine until I was boarding and then they said that my ticket didn't say carry on.I had to walk to the check in desk which was about 20 feet away and tell them. This is when I was told that I needed to pay $100. After that shock and paying the money they then told me to carry my bag and go ahead and get on the plane. On my return flight I made sure that I told the check in attendant that I had a carry on and needed to have it on my ticket so I wouldn't have to pay 100 more dollars. She then said my bag was too big and would have to be checked. I have used this bag for many flights and never has it been to big for carry on. It is the standard size approved for airline carry on. Worst airline I have flown.