PAGE loading ... please wait!

Frontier Airlines Passenger Reviews and Frontier Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 December 2013 by Thomas Borhart    (USA)

I've flown Frontier 3 times in the last year. Each experience worse than the prior. They now charge $50 for a carry on bag, $25 for a checked bag. Tha last time my seat was taken by another passenger, and the flight attendant made me sit between two larger passengers. Never again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  13 December 2013 by Hugh Church    (USA)

My family and I got to the airport at 5.05 because we dropped our rental at around and 4.40 got the documentation for that one. Now earlier in the day we were notified via email that our 5.45 had been changed to 5.55. Upon trying to check a car seat and a bag which we per paid for at the same time we checked in online more than 3 hours before, we were told that could not happen because the time had been changed back to 5.45. I know about the 45 minute cut off time some airports have but it was still showing a departure time of 5.55pm on the departure board and the best part is it didn't even leave until after 6.10. I was given the option to pay 50 dollars more per person for a flight leaving the next day but the wife and I had to work the next day. I basically had to pay $370 to get home. I will pay more to never fly them again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  10 December 2013 by A Chomowicz    (USA)

Very unlikely I will use Frontier again. Three of us flew from NYC to Portland OR on Dec 2, 2013. I bought the tickets through a 3rd party, so I had no idea they charged for both checked and carry on bags. Frontier is the only airline that charges for carry on bags. I believe these are hidden costs that they're passing on to consumers and that this practice is unlawful. Aren't the airlines required to disclose all costs? Also, their system of charges is complex as is the various "classes" of customers. I am so annoyed at having to pay an additional $110 for the bags.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Debra Valverde    (USA)

First of all I looked online and they said first baggage was free. Got there had to pay $25. The flight had to make an emergency landing, (I understand things happen). Got a hotel voucher to stay the night and the desk clerk said this happens all the time! Never again. It is taking 22 hrs and 3 flights to get from Houston to Albuquerque!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Micheal Townsel    (USA)

I will never use this airline again. I had no idea that they charge passengers for carry on bags if you use a third party vendor to book your flight. That is not a deal. We observed numerous travelers being advised of this policy at the time of boarding. Also they charge $2 for a small cup of water. Don't use this airline.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  6 December 2013 by J Simon    (USA)

I discovered that they have upped their price for checked baggage and now charge $1.99 for inflight sodas. I then missed my connecting flight due to an error on the counter attendant's part, and was charged an additional $50 to change to the next flight. When I calmly explained the situation, I was told that I was the only person to miss the flight. She rudely dismissed my further request for a supervisor and demanded payment unless I was "no longer interested in reaching my final destination." My traveling is not yet over and I have already encountered further issues with this airline, just in one day. I shudder to think what my return trip will be like. Throughout this ordeal, I have encountered the same attitude with each Frontier representative. The customer service is absolutely atrocious, the employees do not seem to care and I have found that Frontier does not uphold the typical customer service mantra that, "The Customer is Always Right."

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  5 December 2013 by P Naina    (USA)

We flew Frontier for the first time and it was definitely our last time. I've never heard of an airline that charges for carry on $50 a piece, soft drinks $1.99, TV $5.99 and to top it all, multiple delays. Customer Service was horrible. One of the check-in agents drove a lady into tears. It was horrible to watch. We also had problems getting seat assigned together but thank you to passengers who were kind enough to switch. Please beware, If you book through a third party, you will pay for your carry on.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2013 by G Lubecki    (USA)

I was traveling with my wife and booked two tickets together. When we tried to check in (exactly 24 hours before the flight), we couldn't select seats, and the seats that Frontier assigned to us weren't together - we were sitting in different sections of the airplane, not even anywhere close to each other. At the airport, we were told that because we don't have "status", we couldn't select seats, and they had no obligation to let us sit together. When we protested, the Frontier rep told us we should be happy that we have a confirmed seat at all. Apparently Frontier has a new policy to specifically not let passengers who travel together sit together, so they can split them up and stick them in middle seats. This lets them charge extra for aisle and window seats, or just entirely reserve them for their "elite" passengers. Do not fly Frontier. They don't notify you when you buy your ticket that your party will not sit together. On top of that, they nickel-and-dime passengers at every step. You want to choose a seat? You have to pay. You want a soft drink during the flight? That will be $1.99. Want to use the TV screen? $3.99. Oh, and if you buy a ticket via another website (instead of Frontier's website), they will charge you $100 for your carry-on bag. I think the next logical step for Frontier is to start charging for using the lavatory, for reclining your seat, and for using the reading light.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  3 December 2013 by P Davis    (USA)

SAN-DEN. Online booking was horrible - Select outbound flight, select return flight, change return flight. Frontier then changes your outbound flight to the first one available (the wrong one). Call to change with 48 minute hold time. Called the next day to change (only 28 minutes wait!) Charge to change the flight $150/person. So for the cost of a round trip flight, my wife and I were charged to select the correct flight that Frontier erroneously picked for us. Pros: None. Cons: customer service has excessive hold times. Cost to change a flight not commensurate with the cost of the flight/available flights. Frontier refused to admit their website was faulty. Do not fly Frontier. Unless you like "saving" $50/flight and then giving it back for checked bags, carry- on bag, and a drink of water. Same business model as Spirit - cheap flight but not worth it at all.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  28 November 2013 by C Cotton    (USA)

This is the first time I've flown Frontier and it will be the last. Want something to drink? $2. They will give you one glass of water for free. Want something to eat? $6. Want to bring a carry-on? $25. Want enough legroom to fit your legs between your seat and the seat in front of you? That will be $5, $15, $25, or $50. Want to watch TV? $6. Want to check in online? Good luck - said I had to check in at the airport. I even went to the airport to check in and at 8.05, the attendant said, "sorry, closed at 8pm, come back tomorrow."

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 November 2013 by A Campbell    (USA)

I booked through 3rd party which prohibits you from choosing a seat at all and no confirmation until 24 hours before. Used the mobile application to check in, terrible application to say the least and no paperless option like United. First time I've ever had to pay for a carry on and normally fly United or Southwest. Got to the gate and they made everyone put their bags through a pre-check to make sure bags were the right size. What a hassle for those who travel all the time. Frontier used to be a good airline but they're just making it difficult for customers to travel with them. This is the last time I will ever fly with this airline.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  13 November 2013 by T Hanegan    (USA)

I was a loyal Frontier Airlines customer for forty years. Not any more. I will not fly Frontier again if I can avoid it. Just as others have posted here, the customer service is terrible, they will charge you outrageous fees wherever they can and the flights are not on time. Avoid this airline if you can. I fly other airlines quite frequently for business. American, United, Delta, Southwest and US Airways all do a much better job.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  10 November 2013 by John Graham    (USA)

I live in Colorado and have used them for years. They were a great airline until they were bought by Republic a while back. The latest purchase by the owner of Spirit Airlines has gutted the airline I liked so much. Just spent 10 minutes waiting in line to measure my carry on bag. This is my 4th flight with them this year. In the future I will use United, Southwest or Delta.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 November 2013 by S Livingston    (USA)

This airline not only charges for checked baggage, but also your carry on. If you pay for it prior to going to the gate its $50 a bag, and $100 at the gate. I fly 75 flights a year on various airlines this is the first flight I have flown on frontier and will be the last myself or any other employee in my company will fly on Frontier Airlines. I knew their business practice was to underpay their employees which will lead to terrible customer service, so I should have been surprised that they would nickle and dime their customers. Avoid.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2013 by Ruth Miller    (USA)

My flights were excellent, however on the Denver to KC flight, I was charged $50 for my carry-on bag. This was surprising since I had already paid $25 in Kansas before leaving. In Palm Desert I was not charged at all. It was a little confusing.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 November 2013 by C Flint    (USA)

I purchased a Frontier ticket from Minneapolis to San Francisco through Orbitz. Frontier changed my departure light from a 10.45am to 6am flight leaving me with a 5 hour layover and necessitated getting up early and driving myself to the airport (paying for parking). Frontier repeatedly admitted they did not inform me of this significant change in flights. I discovered the change during check-in the night before and called Orbitz. Orbitz tried to rebook me, but said Frontier refused to adjust my flights. I then paid $25 to carry on my own bag, and they demanded I check it instead. When I asked for a plastic bag to put some things in, they laughed, refused, and told me "that's why you have hands." On arrival in Denver, I found there was another Frontier flight leaving for SFO in 45 min. I was told there were plenty of open seats and was sent to customer service to change the ticket. The agent again admitted they changed my flight without informing me, but demanded I pay $125 to change the ticket. She stated they will only help customers who buy directly through their website. I called Frontier and all they could offer me was to mail a copy of my itinerary to my home (not helpful). I have never encountered such a rude, unhelpful company and will never fly Frontier again. Avoid!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  1 November 2013 by Ab Naur    (USA)

I am a frequent flier on various airlines, but trying Frontier was the worst mistake I've made. My trip was supposed to start from Portland, OR and end in Houston, TX. At the airport they had only one check in counter and only 2 representatives, and when I arrived 50 minute before departure there was no representative at the check in counter. I tried the kiosk machine to check in, but it said I needed to check in at the counter. I contacted the company and was put on hold for almost 2 hr. on and off. When I decided to rebook they told me to pay $100 despite a long wait and their fault. I only had a small carry on and my suit, but they told me to check in my small carry on and pay $25. Frontier is a rip off, unprofessional customer service, and a disgrace to the airline industry. Based on my experience I would never use Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 October 2013 by J McCurtain    (USA)

F9 846, SEA to DEN, Oct 24. F9 182, DEN to OKC. Return, F9 185, OKC to DEN, F9 841, DEN to SEA. This trip with Frontier Airlines was one of the worst airline experiences. Many of the flight attendants knocked you every time they walked down the aisles. Never an apology. You had to ask for a cup of water. You had to pay for soft drinks. If we can help it, we will never fly Frontier again. The only good thing was they were on time, but other than that, terrible service.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 October 2013 by John Baldwin    (USA)

They charge for everything, you can get one tiny glass of water, and then you have to pay. Inflight entertainment was non existent unless you pay. Also, I was unaware of the fact that if you don't check in at least 45 min before your flight, that they will bump you. I checked in 44 min before my flight, and they refused to let me board. I had to buy a $400 one way ticket from Southwest just to make it to my second leg, and then they told me I would have to pay a change fee and fare difference on a flight I already bought. I will never fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2013 by M Muse    (USA)

Washington - Denver - Albuquerque. Flights: 721, 335, 340, 724. 10/15/13 - 10/21/2013. Seats assigned at last minute. I was told I could pay more to get a better seat assignment. All passengers had to line up twice, once to verify size of carry on, and another to board.