PAGE loading ... please wait!

Frontier Airlines Passenger Reviews and Frontier Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  15 January 2014 by P Johnston    (USA)

Traveled from Trenton, NJ, to Fort Myers week before Thanksgiving. It was one of the most pleasant flights I've had in a long time. They have a small terminal in Trenton, not like dealing with Newark. Check-in staff were nice and security was quick. They have a tiny store in the small waiting area to buy snacks/drinks. Plane was about 30 minutes late, but once it got there, they had us boarded and doors closed in about 15 minutes. They boarded from the middle to front and middle to back - common sense! Flight crew very pleasant. I didn't like the idea you could only purchase drinks or snacks or TV with a credit or debit card, no cash. The plane was very clean, restrooms spotless, flight quiet and comfortable. In Fort Myers, I went to the first baggage claim to find my luggage already on the rack. I spent less than five minutes in Fort Myers airport! Return flight was on time and flight crew was also fun. Boarding was organized: first 4 rows, then those who had carry-ons that would fit under the seat. I got on then and everyone with bags for overhead got on quickly with much less stress than the Continental flight I took in May. Return flight the same as the first, quiet and on time. I had to pay $25 for my luggage each way, but not for carry-on. For me, this was a great value: $178 round trip and $50 total for baggage. From the comments above, some encounter problems with Frontier, but it seems to be mostly on connecting flights. I will definitely give Frontier another try as my experience this time was very good!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2014 by Karen Rust    (USA)

Our flight was Kansas City to Denver with a connection in Denver to Las Vegas on Mon Jan 6th. Flight scheduled to leave at 6.30am. Flight delayed 4 hours supposedly for mechanical issues. They do not communicate to passengers or update on status. Many people were led to believe they will make connections and waited for info for 2-4 hours to be told they will not make their connecting flight. When we finally arrived in Denver, we were told to go to Customer Service to reschedule our connecting flight and waited in excess of 4 hours just to get to the counter. Told that the next flight out would be the next day! Finally, we got food vouchers, we had been at Frontiers mercy for over 18 hours. After arriving at 3am at Las Vegas airport, we had to get our luggage out of impound. From the time of booking to when we flew, several changes were made that negatively impacted our trip. We were not notified that because we had an economy ticket purchased through a third-party vendor that our carry-on bag would be $100 per bag to take on the plane along with no food or beverages offered without a charge incurred. The recent addition of fees for everything but use of the bathroom has taken Frontier Airlines to the very bottom of the food chain. Our return flight was no better. We made it on the Las Vegas flight to Denver. When we got to Denver our flight was delayed. Our plane was to leave at 9.13pm. We got food and started back to the terminal and when we got there, they wouldn't open the doors to let us on the plane. This was 9.10pm. We were told to go to Customer Service to be rescheduled for another flight. By the time we got down to the Customer Service desk, the woman was very rude and said that she couldn't do anything without us paying an additional $100. I paid the money and got a stand-by for 10.12am and a confirmation for a 3pm flight. We spent the next 13 hours sitting at the boarding gate. No where to lay down but on the floor, and, again, our luggage made its way home, but we didn't. I will never fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  10 January 2014 by Peri Harlan    (USA)

Over winter break my family enjoyed a wonderful Skiing vacation in Colorado. My boyfriend and I had to leave the trip early. Because of this, we paid a shuttle service to get us to the airport early on Sunday morning. When we got to the airport we saw the Frontier flight was delayed 2 hours. No text, no call, no email to warn us of this inconvenience. When we got to the gate, I politely asked the lady what the problem was, weather, mechanical, or just a delay at the other airport. She told me it was mechanical. With that, I asked if we could be compensated for our time in the airport with food vouchers. She replied that the delay was not set in stone and therefore would not reward customers. The flight did not leave for another 3 hours and we were not compensated for any food during that time. I was extremely disappointed and plan to never fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 January 2014 by E Schild    (USA)

I traveled Frontier to come home from Los Angeles. Frontier has a rule that their ticketing counters open 2 hours prior to departure. Arrived at the LAX ticket counter a little early and had to wait 45 minutes for an agent to check me in. However, agents were very nice and got me checked in fine. I flew to Denver from LAX and had no complaints with flight attendants and pilots. My second flight was from Denver (depart at 5pm) to Cleveland. I went up to the agent at the gate to ask a question. He greets me with, "Yo." I found that to be very unprofessional. We ended up departing at 7pm, I have never boarded a plane so slowly. We landed in Cleveland around midnight. It must be a Frontier thing to be understaffed when unloading bags off the aircraft, because that was the case. With all of this said, I will never be flying Frontier Airlines ever again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Mary Sacco    (USA)

I flew from Orlando to Trenton NJ. Flight delayed twice but did take off finally. When the flight arrived in Trenton the pilot announced that the runway was too icy to land. We circled for 45 minutes more they tried to de ice the runway. No success! The pilot announced we would now land in Wilmington Delaware and a representative would meet us and provide hotel accommodations. They kept us on the runway for almost 90 minutes and we were told that they were making accommodations for everyone with hotels. Finally get into the airport and are told that they have no intention of providing of providing hotel accommodation. We sit for almost 90 minutes and are told they hired a bus to transport people. Too icy to land a plane but they felt is was fine to put people on a bus. Airport was closing and they were not offering any other options. Arrived back at Trenton 3.30 am. I will never fly this airline again and I don't care how cheap it is, absolutely awful service.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Debi Burgess    (USA)

Kansas City to Denver connection on Mon Jan 6th. Will never book Frontier again. Surprise fees at the gate. Our flight was delayed for 4 hours supposedly for mechanical issues. They do not communicate to passengers or update on status.Many people were led to believe they will make connections and waited for info for 2-4 hours to be told they will not make their connections. Passengers were in a line to schedule alternative flights to find 1 agent to assist them. Then told you will need to call their 800 number. No excuse for that kind of customer service.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  8 January 2014 by E Wyatt    (USA)

I do not recommend this airline for people traveling between Chicago and Trenton. The primary reason: the lack of any semblance of a contingency plan in the event of weather related travel delays. Our Monday flight home to Chicago was cancelled due to weather (not the airlines fault), however, the next available flight was Thursday (3 days later). The announcement was made by an attendant yelling it through the terminal, and passengers had to quickly get in line in the hope they would get on the flight. The attitude of the attendants was apathetic, and no efforts were made to help customers rebook a different flight. Certainly no notion of adding an additional flight to help customers reach their final destination. There was minimal assistance helping people find transportation from the airport, find lodging for the evening, and it felt like we were being pushed out the door as everyone was scrambling to change their plans and find a way home. General complaints include: understaffed baggage drop-offs, confusing and useless signage, extremely slow kiosks. There is a general apathy towards customer service - individual front line employees are generally nice and helpful, but there is an evident lack of organization and customer concern. The airfare is cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 January 2014 by G Miller    (USA)

Was booked on a flight from Tampa - Trenton on 1/3/14. Flight was cancelled about 4 hours prior to departure and I was left stranded without any options. Frontier stated they could not fly me out for another 4 days and refused to put me on another carrier or on their next departing flights, stating "they are already full and you don't have a guaranteed seat". This is totally unacceptable. I had to spend hours on the phone with other airlines and incur excessive charges to take a last minute flight and change my car return time. Would not recommend this airline if it was the only airline.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  6 January 2014 by D Erland    (USA)

We drove 5 hours out of our way to receive what we thought was a discounted ticket for four traveling to Mexico. $180 later for baggage fees and we should have just booked Delta or United for about the same price. It is a "hidden" fee and is not ethical. They specifically ensure that your not aware of the policy. I fly a lot for business and its standard to pay for bags exceeding 40-50 lbs and can also be policy to pay for checked bags (domestic), but I have never heard of having to pay for carry-on baggage that meets their size and weight criteria. If they would have been upfront about it we wouldn't have went through the trouble of ensuring that we were brining four small bags that met their height, width, length, and weight requirements and would have just had two bags and saved ourselves half the cost. Even worse, this is on an international flight. I could truthfully not care less about drinks and snacks, but a 5 hour flight and they want you to pay for a cup of coffee? I feel as if they should be paying me for the 3 hour delay on each side of my flight that was caused by their incompetence if they are going to nickel and dime their "customers" for every last item. Watch out, next time you get on a Frontier flight they will probably have a visa machine to gain access to the bathrooms.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  2 January 2014 by Stephanie Long    (USA)

My husband and I are just returning from vacation and are waiting to board our final flight of our journey home to Denver. We arrived at the Frontier ticket counter this morning to find that we could not carry on our bags for free as we had on the way out - today it would cost either $25 to check each bag, or $50 to carry them on. This was a sneaky tactic by frontier - very clever to gouge the budget traveler when they believe they have accounted for all costs at the end of their trip. Of course our hands were tied and we had no logical choice but to pay! Wow. My resolution in 2014: no more flights with Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  30 December 2013 by Edith Wilkins    (USA)

I think Frontier should remove their inclusion on the cheap-fare sites, because when you get to the airport you are told that because you bought your ticket on one of these sites you have to pay $55 for your carry-on, etc. The departure and return flights were changed and I had to stay five days longer than planned. Also the people using these sites were put in the very back where the seats don't recline. This would all be fine except by the time Frontier gets done with you, you might as well have paid regular fare. Every airline I have ever used, cheap fare or not, will email when the departure time has been changed even by only 5 min. You rescheduled your departure time for 25 min. earlier without letting me know. I was lucky to get to airport in time. I will never fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 December 2013 by G Tamilla    (USA)

We fly Frontier only because it is the only airline that provides direct flights to Madison, WI. I would like to admonish everyone not to leave the check-in desk without checking if you received all tickets that you purchased. We wasted 40 minutes with 3 kids under three at the check-in desk checking in our bags. At first the agent was too lazy to carry several credit card transactions for checked in luggage and was saying that she would check in two bags under one passenger's name and another bag under another passenger's name (we had 3 tickets) - we ended up paying $5.00 more, which is not a big deal, but the agent's attitude was far from professional. After that ordeal we have to return to the check in desk two times as the agent printed only one boarding pass at a time without checking that there three tickets under the same reservation and that happened two times! In addition, the crew was out of soap and coffee and by mistake took our bag thinking that it belongs to the crew member. We were happy that it was only a 1.5 hr flight. In general the service was not so bad, but little customer service issues ruined the pleasure of having a nice flight.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 December 2013 by D Hudson    (USA)

Classic Plus

I'm a Summit member with Frontier and have been for approx 10 years. In short, I booked 4 'Classic Plus' seats for myself and family in October and was told that I could not select seats at that time. So, exactly 24 hours prior to the flight, tried to check in and received 4 seats (none of the 'Classic Plus' variety, scattered throughout the plane). These are all middle seats too. I suggest no-one fly Frontier unless you have time to waste (flights are always delayed), travel alone (can't get seats together) and have no baggage (carry on or otherwise). If you are sane and can do the math, by the time you book their "Ultra Low Cost Carrier' fare, add in baggage ($50.00 at min) and carry-on ($25.00 at min), you've just paid the same price as United, Delta, etc. and get to buy your own water.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  25 December 2013 by Richard McKellar    (Australia)

I read other messages on this board and arrived at Denver Airport fearing the worst. At it happened, my experience was entirely opposite. My wife and I fly had booked on Frontier understanding that like other low cost airlines (e.g. Air NZ) you get what you pay for. We had never flown Frontier before. We are Americans, but have lived overseas (mostly Australia) for several decades, and have been consistently amazed when flying in the USA at the huge suitcases that are show-horned into overhead luggage areas, supposedly as carry on. Carry on for us elsewhere is an enforced max 7kg (15 lb) and much smaller in size than the Frontier allowance, though admittedly at no cost. We had prompt service from a polite and friendly service team, who went out of their way to find for us a luggage option that minimised cost and maximised our enjoyment.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 December 2013 by R Carter    (USA)

On October 24, 2013, my sister and I began a long-awaited vacation with flights from SLC to Denver, and one from Denver to Fort Lauderdale. SLC to Denver leg of the journey went without a hitch. We were not questioned about our carry-on bags, or our purses. When we went to board our flight in Denver, we were rudely told we could not take our carry-on bags because they were too large, and would have to pay an exorbitant charge for it ($100). The Customer Service person told us to go to a kiosk several gates away and pay for our bag, knowing full well that if we did so, we would miss our flight. We were forced to pay the charge of $100 per bag. I observed at least 15 people on the flight that had bags two and three times larger than the size of my bag. We were then put into seats that had the least amount of leg room that I have come across. When we finally got to Fort Lauderdale, out of curiosity, I tried the pre-formed compartments that several airlines had in front of their check in gates. My bag fit easily into each of them with room to spare. At least we were finally able to go on our vacation, no thanks to Frontier. On November 4, the trouble started again. When we checked in at Fort Lauderdale, we were told that the flight was delayed by one hour because of mechanical problems. That delay would mean that we would miss our connecting flight from Denver to Salt Lake. They said they would get us on a partner airline. A gate agent had put us on an American Airlines afternoon flight. When we tried to check in at American Airlines, we were told that the gate agent had not called and confirmed us. Fortunately for us, American was kind enough to work with us and find us a late flight to Dallas, that then connected on to Salt Lake.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  20 December 2013 by E Todd    (USA)

Flight 403 from Denver to LAX on 12/18/2013. I am a Denver native and resident and the decline in the quality of this airline is sad to me. It was never a top tier airline in quality, but the recent addition of fees for everything but use of the bathroom has taken it to the very bottom. Want to select your own seat? $8. Stretch seating? $20. Carry-on bag? $25 each way. Seltzer water? $3. Oh and today you have to stand in a new separate line where they force you to stuff said $25 carry-on into a sizing box. If you don't they won't allow you to board the plane. The staff is inflexible probably because of the new corporate rules. Two round trip flights in the last month, they are my last ever on Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 December 2013 by M Chaney    (USA)

Classic Plus

I bought a classic plus ticket so that I wouldn't have to pay at check in. However, if you check in online, you still must wait in line (this was in Seattle and OKC) because there is no curbside drop off. You are better off using the kiosk to check in at the airport because you will receive priority for baggage check. They are severely understaffed, and use outdated computers and communication systems so everything is super slow for check in. At OKC, two of the 3 kiosks weren't working. Of the 4 flight attendant crews that I experienced on this trip, one crew was awful, and one crew was great. it had been a while since I had flown on Frontier, and I'm with other reviewers when I say never again. Unbelievable.