PAGE loading ... please wait!

Frontier Airlines Passenger Reviews and Frontier Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  24 June 2014 by K David    (USA)

ILG-MDW, 6/1/14, Flight 383. I disagree that the fares are higher once you add in the extras. Who do you think is paying for your extra luggage and soft drinks? You are! Everything is figured into the price and when compared to Southwest, I know I saved quite a bit on my recent purchase. The service was timely and professional as well. I give Frontier credit for trying to carve a niche, and I predict they will be quite successful as people get educated with regards to what they are doing. Also, when fewer people are hauling on oversized luggage and trying to stuff it in the overheads, it makes for a smoother and quicker loading and departure from the gate. Ultra low cost carriers like Frontier typically charge $5 extra to carry on a bag versus checking it which effectively eliminates the luggage hoarders trying to board planes with too much luggage which most would admit makes for a slow, maddening boarding process. Also, if you check/carry 100 lbs. of luggage on other carriers who offer free checked bags and carry-ons, who do you think is paying for the extra fuel it takes to transport that? That's right, it's you again! It's all built into the ticket price. Again, I'd rather pay for what I want and for what I use. I was happy to pay a bit extra for leg room, but not for everyone else's extra baggage. I'd rather bring my own bottled water than pay for all the soda and peanuts that everyone else drinks. I'm happy with the experience, and will be trying this more often. On very short trips, I can make due with a personal sized item and not even have to pay any luggage fees whatsoever! It's a win-win once we all better understand the concept.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  24 June 2014 by Rupert Jim    (USA)

Seattle, WA (SEA) - Denver, CO (DEN). Economy Class, A320. 13 June, Flight #284. Denver, CO (DEN) - St. Louis, MO (STL), Economy Class, Airbus A319, 13 June, Flight #138. I thought all airlines were about the same but Frontier takes cheap and greedy to a whole new level. I was amazed. 1st carry on bags were 35$ each. Nothing free on beverage cart except cups of water. Attendants just average but the service people at Denver and Seattle were downright rude! We arrived 2 hrs early at check in but no clerks w/long lines, then plane arrived 1/2 hr late. When we boarded, taxied to flight line then had to go back to gate because of equipment failure so we were an hr and a half late leaving Seattle but they did hold our connecting flight because it was late also. Don't fly w/ them!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 June 2014 by C Cep    (USA)

I flew Frontier for the first and last time this past week. I had a business trip and this was the most cost effective airline for me. First, my luggage is a rolling carry on that is the appropriate size and fits in any other airline. Frontier forces you to stick it in a sized up box at the counter to be approved to get the carry on onto the flight, and that is for each connecting flight. It's difficult to fit in and I noticed a few people who were charged $50 per bag to have it checked because it did not fit. I lucked out, but had to go through the ordeal all over again at my connecting flight in Denver and was told my bag would not fit when it did just a few hours earlier. On my 1st flight, the passenger in front was in a broken seat and the stewardess continued to scold him to pull his seat forward for landing/takeoff, when he repeatedly explained to her, they finally comprehended to get a maintenance person on the flight who did not even fix the seat. I could go on and on, but the points above are the biggest red flags and disappointments. Each flight was worse than the previous.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 June 2014 by R Bline    (USA)

DTW-TTN-DTW. Outbound flight was delayed by weather, 4+ hours. Not Frontier's fault, but once onboard, we were charged $1.99 for lukewarm coffee: is it expecting too much to get freebies after such a long delay? Apparently so. But my main gripe is their carry-on policy. It appears, based on our experience both ways, that after a certain number of passengers have boarded, they simply assume the overheads are full and require people to pay extra to check their carry-ons. This happened to us, and when we stopped arguing and got on board, the overheads were nowhere near full. That's a $50 hit each way.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 June 2014 by J Mike    (USA)

Classic Plus

I never used Frontier before, so I took a gamble for a weekend trip. My flight was scheduled to leave at 3.13pm. I was not told of any delay until I was at airport with bags in hand. Personnel were more concerned about the size of bags rather than telling us of a delay. We were delayed to the aircraft flying to Tampa first and coming back to Trenton. We finally got on board at 5.30 for a 5.50 departure and then were delayed as a passenger was injured trying to get onto plane. After that hour delay, the captain stated that there was some issues with the plane's log so could not leave until that was fixed. Another hour passed and we finally pushed back from Gate at 8pm. We ended up sitting 15 minutes waiting for traffic to clear. We finally got in the air by 8.15pm. I have been flying for 25 years and never heard of a log book issue delaying a flight. Since we were so late had to rebook rental car and had other issues.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 June 2014 by K Woods    (USA)

DFW-DEN on 6/14/2014. Arrived at airport at 4.40am to find out that our 6.10am flight was cancelled due to not having a flight crew. There was no notification of such a cancellation, even when we arrived at the airport the monitors still said 'On Time'. There were over 100 people in line at the ticketing counter and only 2 agents at the desk. Hold time on the phone was over 30 mins. Frontier could not get us out that day and we had to be rescheduled for the next day. When I discussed the no notification of cancelled flight, one customer relations person told me they didn't know why I didn't receive a notification, later another told me that Frontier no longer does flight updates. Arrived at airport at 4.35am on 6/15/14 for 6.10am flight and there were over 50 people in line to check bags and no one showed up to work the Frontier counter until 5.00am! Received several "textbook" answers from Customer Relations regarding the issues with Frontier - not one seemed concerned with anything. This airline is not what it used to be.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 June 2014 by J Bennion    (USA)

My daughters flew from KC to Salt Lake City, via Denver. They were told, in Denver that they could not board, after having flown from MCI, until they paid additional "baggage" fee, in the amount of $100.00, for the two small carryon bags that they had. That is one bag each. My daughters were very upset, as they had little cash with them and no credit cards. This is a form of extortion as far as I am concerned. I prepaid for their flights, with the understanding that this was all paid for. Why would you sell a ticket and not figure that there would be any baggage?

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 June 2014 by K Robert    (USA)

Classic Plus

Cincinnati, OH (CVG) - Denver, CO (DEN), Jun 10 2014, F9 0735. Denver, CO (DEN) - Cincinnati, OH (CVG), Jun 11 2014, F9073. My first around trip flight on Frontier, I was sceptical. From the moment I entered the Frontier gate area CVG to Denver flight, onboard, during the flight and the landing all aspects of the experience was professional. The aircraft's were clean, flight crew were making every effort to accommodate the passengers. My return flight was also the same. I would utilize Frontier for my flight service and recommend to others. My one complaint was the long wait for phone service, the wait was 20-25 minutes. I feel that's far too long.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 June 2014 by A Luna    (USA)

First time flying Frontier instead of Southwest and was very disappointed! Not only do they charge you for checking a bag but also for any carry-on and they charge you to sit with your party. The check in process is inefficient and slow, the staff are not nice. Once on the flight, there is a charge for any beverages and snacks, but water is free! They then try and convince you to sign up for their credit card wit their on-board "deal" and awkwardly try and explain why it is a good idea. Will definitely be paying a little more to fly Southwest!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 June 2014 by M Polinovsky    (USA)

Four of us travelled from Philadelphia to Cancun on May 29 2014, flight 19 at 7.15 am. I was not allowed to take my carry-on bag onto the plane unless I paid $50. My other choice was to have them check it for $25, so two of us paid additional $50 for small carry-on bags. The other couple was not charged any money for their carry-on bags with the same customer service representative. My request to speak with supervisor was ignored. The customer service personnel could not have been ruder. On return flight from Cancun to Philadelphia on June 8, 2014 we did not have any charges for the same carry-on bags. I will never look at Frontier again when booking a trip.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  11 June 2014 by D Wechsler    (USA)

What was once a decent airline is now beyond a nightmare. The new baggage policies are ridiculous. They are taking no frills to new limits, and despite the few bucks you save on the ticket price, you will end up paying more than competitors in the long run after $2 water charge $50 carry on charge (for the first carry on) and have a poor experience. Customer service, if you can even get it, is awful. On the phone, from a gate agent, etc. this airline is almost primitive now. Very disappointing. I will never choose to fly with Frontier again. The one upside is that the flight attendants were courteous and professional.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  11 June 2014 by Jody Serafin    (USA)

Classic Plus

May 31st 2014 from Denver to Orlando, flight 678, return June 6 2014, flight 677. We booked our trip through our travel agent months before these new carry on charges went into effect. We were told we would not have to pay the extra fees. As we arrived at Denver airport and proceeded to the Frontier check in counter we were told we had to pay for our carry ons, all of which could fit under the seats, we explained what we were told and the check-in guy looked up our booking date and all was fine, not the case at the Orlando airport on the way home. We asked for our check in bag back and since we still had 7 lbs allowed in that bag before they added another $75, we started to unpack bags and re-pack so as not to give them one dime more. Needless to say after all the rearranging, which was totally unnecessary, we were allowed to take our carry on bags as personal items. As I said before we did not have to use the carry on overhead compartments, all the bags were so small they fit under the seats with no problem at all. After arriving at the gate we heard several stories like ours. There were so many upset people saying they will never fly Frontier again. It's not just about the money but it's about how you are treated.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 June 2014 by R Lucas    (USA)

Achieved what they offered. TTN-RSW. First flight out. On time boarding, departure and landing (a few minutes early). Crowded plane and they checked the size of my personal item 2x. I had to take out a few items (stuffed in my pocket to make it fit) but overall uneventful journey. I can't speak for service as I slept the entire flight and deboarding was uneventful. I faintly remember the offer for water. Seat pitch normal - I didn't pre-assign seat so was in 2nd to last row but had an empty seat next to me. I'm aware Frontier gets a bad-rap due to its fees but if you know what you are getting into I don't see the issue as it is still cheaper vs flying/parking at PHL or EWR for same route.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  6 June 2014 by Kevin Jones    (USA)

Flt 232 from Denver to Nashville, 06/04. The ticket was not much cheaper than on Southwest. My computer travel system booked it because it was cheaper, but it did not figure in the extra $20 for a checked bag and $30 for the carry on bag. Then they charged for a drink and snack! Charged for watching TV, yes you have to use your own phone, ipad or laptop but it is free. Plus if you want to select you seat in advance it is from $8 to $15 extra. This will be the last time I fly on Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  30 May 2014 by Julie Hopkins    (Australia)

Classic Plus

After a revolting experience on a Frontier Flight from MCO to DEN, we bit the bullet and flew DEN to SLC May 21 (noon). What a difference! Wonderful stewards on board, friendly, helpful welcoming. Still cannot believe how rude people are when told that their huge bag cannot fit in the overhead, just check the damn thing! Saves a few dollars, boarding time too but it is funny to watch people unpacking their overhead bag and trying to put all items in their large "handbag", then try to hide their now just as big handbag.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  27 May 2014 by D Seace    (USA)

I've flown from Harrisburg, PA to Orlando FL and back a few times in the past year. Most of the time it was a good experience. One flight which I booked way in advance, in the snow season had more than 3 hour delay and I would have missed my appointment so there was no longer a need to fly. I got a refund for which I was thankful. One flight had comedian flight attendants giving the on board preflight information (buckle up etc) that were actually funny. All flights were nonstop from PA to FL which was so nice. The rates were great for an average wage earner like me which was my main reason for choosing Frontier. Now I'm booking 3 tickets for my family and my total bill will be less than I would pay for one ticket with the other major airline flying out of MDT.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  27 May 2014 by A Basile    (USA)

Scheduled to fly Frontier 902, ATL to TTN, today. Flight canceled without notification or explanation. Next flight offering to TTN was in 5 days! Frontier refused to assist with rebooking on an alternate airline. Offered only refund or hotel voucher. Customer service offered no other assistance. I was left on my own to book same day out of ATL on Memorial holiday (to PHL, requiring trains and cab to reach my car at TTN airport). Very expensive out-of-pocket.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  26 May 2014 by R Henry    (USA)

Arrived at airport 2.5 hours before flight. No one was at the ticket counter despite a line of about 50 people. Shorter line of about 12 at Kiosk, but they were having trouble so the line was slow. After finally getting to the kiosk had trouble getting it to work. (Like the others before me.) When it finally did start working I started pressing the continues until I realised that I had just input that I had no carry on. No way to back up so I printed the ticket and got in the line waiting for the ticket counter. After I finally got through all this I got to the gate just in time to board. Never again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  26 May 2014 by Arthur Chason    (USA)

Booked a cruise for the family in Alaska and we were hoping to fly Frontier from ATL to AK but when we got to the airport the airline said flight was delayed for 3 hours. Not a big deal, but since we were connected through Denver we would miss our connecting flight. Also, happens before, not a big deal. The big deal was we would have to lay over in Denver for 2 days. We ended up being able to book a flight on Delta for twice as much and now the nightmare of trying to find out how to get linked up with our ship. Airline was very rude, dismissive and well trained in saying sorry. Which is appropriate since this airline is very, very sorry all around. Great to book if you don't care much about getting to your destination. Also don't be fooled by the prices. They charge you for both your checked and carry on luggage. They are a complete waste of time and money.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  25 May 2014 by R Brunette    (USA)

I have flown this airline many times. I saw all the bad reviews and thought, while everyone vents when they are frustrated, very few take the time to praise when they are satisfied. So here is a satisfied customer. My one wish would be service to Boston or Manchester.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  25 May 2014 by W Shafer    (USA)

Class Plus

They cancelled our flight from Orlando to Wilmington at the last minute saying the plane did not ever leave Denver. They said maybe they could get us on a flight in 3 days! They would not help even help us find another airline to fly. They just gave us a business card with a 1-800-432-1359 number on it. This had a 67 minute wait time. We had to pay top dollar at US Air to get to a city close to Wilmington.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  24 May 2014 by C Rucoba    (USA)

Hands down worst customer service of any airline/company. I first attempted to call their customer service line to resolve my problem, and everytime I called there was a 45+ minute wait, so I emailed instead. Keep in mind it takes them 3-4 days to respond to emails (which I find unacceptable) so I tried to work it out with them for a few weeks. Following my initial complaint, the customer service rep went in and deleted all my airline miles I had accumulated, seeing as how my initial contact with them was resolving and issue on using them. Second, they didn't even bother to tell me they deleted the miles, they tried to play me for being ignorant and said I had no miles. Three weeks of battling with them, they have restored part of my points and refuse to assist with my initial issue of using the points. Absolutely worst customer service ever!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  22 May 2014 by A Bocci    (USA)

We will not fly with Frontier again. After having paid for tickets for our trip to Costa Rica months in advance, we were informed at the gate that our flight was delayed, but the check in agent said that we should still be able to make our connecting flight through Denver. So we check our bags ($50 for 2) and go through security. Upon arrival at the gate, we were told that we would arrive in Denver at 11:55 p.m., which was the departure time for our connecting flight to Costa Rica. We asked if they would be able to hold the plan for 10 minutes so that we and the 3-4 other passengers who were in the same situation could make the flight. The gate agent said that she had called the staff in Denver and they refused to hold the flight as it would further increase delays. Frustrated, we asked to be put on the next flight, hoping we could leave the following day at the latest, but she told us that the next flight with available seats was in 6 days. We asked to speak to her manager, who essentially said that out options were to wait six days or that she could (reluctantly) refund us for the cost of our original flight and book a new flight through a different airline. We had to research flights on our own as they had no intentions of helping us secure seats on a new flight. We ended up paying an additional $400 to book last minute tickets on American Airlines, waiting for her to process our refund and get our mailing address to send our checked baggage fee back to us via mail, and then rushing to the next terminal to go through security again and catch our flight. Ultimately, we paid more than we would have if we'd just booked through American months ago. Plus, the lack of customer service or care regarding out situation was infuriating. We are waiting for our flight to Costa Rica as I type this and just praying that they successfully rerouted our bags. Overall a terrible first experience with this airline, and we didn't even make it on the plane.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 May 2014 by J Tracy    (USA)

I don't understand the negative reviews. Seating was good. Comfortable seats, didn't feel crowded. Entertainment, for $4, you get to watch Direct TV. It is free until the flight takes off. If you are really concerned about $4, then I don't know what to say. There were about 30 channels available.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 May 2014 by G Lutz    (USA)

Classic Plus

Our flight from Seattle to Branson and back was the worst experience ever. I felt at each terminal that it was their first day in business and they had not worked the bugs out of the system. All the employees seem to be angry about something, poor morale and no idea of what customer service is all about. The only good thing about this trip was leaving the Branson airport, my wife and I arrived there early, no Frontier people there, however a Southwest agent checked us in and we had absolutely no problems.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 May 2014 by J Hopkins    (Australia)

Classic Plus

MCO to DEN on May 13. I am on crutches and found staff from other airlines to be wonderful helping me, but not this time. The stewardess at the front of the plane was the most miserable and unhelpful person I have come across. I don't know why she was even there - a road cone is more useful than she was. She just stood there, glaring at everyone that boarded, with her arms folded, not attempting to help anyone. Abruptly told me to out my crutches in the overhead, not attempting to help me do so. The only time she did anything was to miserably ask what people wanted to drink or eat. She was more than annoyed that she had to do anything as it disturbed her gameplay on her phone.