PAGE loading ... please wait!

Frontier Airlines Passenger Reviews and Frontier Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 March 2012 by Toni Forsythe    (USA)

Bought 2 tickets for my daughter and I to fly from Akron, Ohio to Provo, UT. Flight delayed in Akron, boarded an hour late and arrived in Denver 2 hours late with my connecting flight gone. Found a flight leaving for Salt Lake City in 30 mins. I went to the gate and the employee at the counter was able to get us onto that flight. Onboard we were served about 1 inch of warm water. When the gentleman beside me asked if he could have a full cup of water the flight attendant gave him a glare. I had to pay $85 for a taxi to get to my destination. I called Frontier's customer service to see if they could get me a return flight out of Salt Lake and they refused to even listen to my situation. They were very rude, telling me it was not their problem because I agreed to fly into Salt Lake City!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 March 2012 by M Conner    (USA)

Milwaukee to Fort Lauderdale return a week later. On both flights the planes had problems with temperature control. Hot then cold, hot then cold. No radio plug ins or TV's, and only food item was a cookie. Would not recommend if you have other good options.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 March 2012 by N Martini    (USA)

MSP-DEN-MCO return. TV was great for the kids, plenty of room and very punctual. Great affordable airline, total for the price was almost $100 cheaper than any other airline per ticket.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  22 February 2012 by K Shultz    (USA)

Atlanta, GA from Salt Lake City, UT via Denver, CO. Tickets were cheaper than other airlines. Flights left a little late due but arrived early. Aisles onboard are narrower than normal but seats are bigger. Each seat has a TV in the headrest. Flight attendants and ticketing agents the best I've dealt with.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  2 February 2012 by A Dao    (USA)

HOU-DEN-HOU. Flight to Denver delayed almost 6 hours and we weren't notified until arrival at the airport. 50$ voucher that could only be used for future flight booking. Due to a snow storm, it took us 2 hrs to arrive at the airport instead of 30 mins. Only one flight per day to Houston - we ended up on the flight to San Antonio which was also 5 hrs delayed. The representative was rude, charged us 40$ for baggage. She claimed it's was her right to rebook our flight to San Antonio instead of Houston. The delayed flight to San Antonio made us miss the last bus to Houston and checked baggage took forever to be claimed.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  27 January 2012 by G Davis    (USA)

Classic Plus

DEN-HOU-DEN on E190. Frontier's Stretch seating has to be the best bargain in the US for comfortable seating on Embrear and Airbus airplanes. Classic Plus airfares are cheap given that they are fully refundable. Only problem is that their smaller planes don't have any inflight entertainment, though they do have WiFi access.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  10 January 2012 by Tom Hart    (USA)

No concern for customers or customer service. I am 6 ft 2" and had booked an aisle seat. I am flying Milwaukee to Omaha on a CRJ or Embraer regional jet. I simply do not fit in window seats unless it is an exit row. I called customer service and was told they put you where they want to put you and the seat assignment I had asked for was simply a request they did not have to honor. They would not change my seat and gave me nothing but excuses.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  22 October 2011 by Russ Phillips    (USA)

On Sep 6 I booked three flights with Frontier. On Sep 13 they changed all 3 flights - and not just by a few minutes or hours as is common, but by 8 hours or more. When I called to explain my schedule wouldn't accommodate those times, it took an hour on the phone to get new flights, through a different airline, and Frontier wouldn't give me my miles. Then a month later they completely eliminated one of the changed flights. I had to call them again, talk to two different customer service representatives, for them to book a United flight operated through US Air. I had to wait two days to get a confirmation number, which required me calling United. After talking to United for a confirmation number, I had to call US Air to get my seats scheduled, and they told me the ticket was not "in order". So I had to call back Frontier, and talk to a manager. She contacted US Air and supposedly got it fixed - we'll see. The whole process took almost eight hours to complete, and after making two separate calls to complain to two managers all I got was a $50 voucher. I understand changes happen to airlines, but I've never seen so many drastic changes occur in so short a period, with so many complicated procedures to get it fixed. I have accumulated 14 emails and 6 phone calls to get three flights from them. Ridiculous. Avoid Frontier at all costs, or expect major hassles.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  20 October 2011 by Jason Rogers   (USA)

I have had excellent service in the past on Frontier Airlines, but if you pay for stretch seating and they move you to a different seat in stretch seating (middle seat in my case) make sure you ask for a refund and be asked to be put into another non stretch seating seat or your screwed. The customer service woman I spoke to would not budge to accommodate me or try to make things right. How was I supposed to know that I had to ask to be moved to a non stretch seat to get a refund? What happened to common courtesy?

Frontier Airlines customer review :  11 October 2011 by D Rogers   (USA)

Larger leather seats, your own tv and only $6 for tv viewing, fresh baked cookies, cheapest ticket to Denver and now adding service to nearby Rockford. I've flown Frontier about a dozen times and have never had a bad experience.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  29 September 2011 by L Powell   (USA)

LAX-DEN-ATL. Was traveling in Business. Check-in was pretty quick as I used the e-ticket check-in kiosk machine. Since I only had a backpack as baggage I was able to gate-check my bags. However, my backpack was put on an earlier DEN-ATL flight, so I was furious when I was standing at the baggage claim and I didn't see my bag. After I confronted the helpdesk I was given my backpack. Overall no real issues with flight. FA's were ok, movie selection dated but adequate.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  19 September 2011 by S Robertson   (USA)

My parents flew from Branson MO to Denver to make a connection to Phoenix. This flight was delayed 3 hrs due to mechanical problems and when it finally made into Denver it was delayed another 2 hrs waiting for a flight attendant. Believe it or not that is not my complaint, my problem is how staff treated my parents during the 5 hr wait. My father is 87 years old, when the reservations were made it was specified that my mother, 79, in kidney failure and diabetic needed a wheelchair. When they got off the flight from Branson my mother was wheeled off the plane and told she would have to give up the chair because they had to keep them parked up by the gate door. She was told that when it was time to board they would let her use it again and push her down the ramp. Well at this point my parents did not know they were going to have a 5 hr wait. The woman's restroom was approximately the distance of a football field from where they were sitting. When my mother had to use the restroom staff refused to let her use a wheelchair in spite of the fact there were about 6 sitting there not being used. No employees would help them, as my father struggled to get my mother to the bathroom and my mother was just about ready to collapse a good Samaritan waiting for the same flight came over and helped. Not only did they struggle to get to the bathroom during that 5 hours they were not able to go anywhere to get a bite to eat making it about 8 hrs with no food and 5 hrs with nothing to drink.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  16 September 2011 by M Wetherall   (USA)

Have been a cardholder for years and have been unable to use the miles accumulated because so many days are blacked out. You get next to nothing for amenities and can't even watch the plane location on a map without paying. Seats are cramped and generally uncomfortable. Decent price for the flights but not the best, even to Denver.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  15 September 2011 by A Lock   (USA)

I've always been picky about which airlines I've flown. I was nervous about flying Frontier, since I've never heard of them before, but I was impressed. There was tons of leg room and I wasn't even bothered when the guy in front of me put his seat back. I was completely comfortable the entire flight and my flight attendants were sweet and energetic. I got a warm cookie and as much coffee as I wanted. My only complaint is that there was a screaming 8 month old on the flight and since the planes are really small, it was impossible to get away from it.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  13 September 2011 by W Ogle   (USA)

Had made reservations in March with assigned seats in row 9. Flew the redeye from Fairbanks to Denver. Seats re-assigned to row 23, last seats on plane, next to galley and restroom. Head rest pushed your head forward into your chest, no rest. Seat in front let his seat back into my knees and rubbed them the whole 5 hr trip. Was offered cup of water to start trip, and a cookie at end of trip without water. Bombarded us with commercials on TV in front of your face for last 45 mins of flight. I would have paid more for a better flight.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  8 September 2011 by Alane Gutierrez   (USA)

Classic Plus

Two hours late taking off from Salt Lake, instead of Airbus, traveled on 737. Thought we were purchasing stretch seating, but it was not available on the 737 - be sure to read fine print. Frontier is misleading. My husband and I originally also selected seats together, not only did we lose time, extra room seating, but also lost our seats together - we were placed at opposite ends of the plane and they would not try to re-arrange to our original seats when we booked the flight to Grand Rapids, MI.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  1 September 2011 by Martin Smith   (USA)

Classic Plus

Detroit to Denver return. About half way through the trip the pilot announced that TV cables overheated and we would have to make an emergency landing in Omaha. After a few minutes we were told it would take at least another 30 mins before it was finished and we were let off the plane. We ended up being delayed another 5-6 hrs. The flight home was okay, but I will not fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  14 August 2011 by M Langrood   (USA)

Our first experience with Frontier from Washington DC to Denver. The flight schedule was excellent for our trip, fares were quite competitive. Flight crew were good, however check-in staff in DCA and DEN were extremely rude and unhelpful. Our family of 3 were given 3 different seats on the plane. We waited at the boarding gate for 30 mins and boarding started only 10 mins before the scheduled flight time. Staff were rushing to close the gate and left me behind the gate, they let me in later but after much rude behavior.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  12 August 2011 by J Jarock   (USA)

Green Bay, WI to Milwaukee and on to Orlando. Flights were great, no problems. Online check-in, printed boarding passes and paid for one bag online ahead of time. Return flight Orlando to Milwaukee with a 40 min layover before flying to Green Bay. Horrible experience. Diverted to Ft. Lauderdale due to weather and 2 hours late. Gate agents told us they were booking us on later connections. Flight was canceled and were rebooked onto other airlines. They found us another flight on Continental, told our bags would not likely be transferred and would be flown on later. 1.5 days later and they still haven't flown our cases to us.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  8 August 2011 by J Varghese   (USA)

As a family of 4, flying from LA to NY, all of us were separated. Each of us were assigned seats between two other people, although we had booked our tickets months ahead. Jetblue assigned us seats on the same row next to each other. Frontier charges $20 for the first bag - Jetblue, first bag is free. No free snacks on Frontier - Jetblue, one snack is free. On Frontier, you have to pay for TV - Jetblue, TV is free.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  5 August 2011 by T Bachicha   (USA)

My family and I were scheduled for an international flight leaving at 8.35 am, we arrived at 6.15am. The employee that greeted us was disinterested and we stood in the wrong line for over 1hr. By the time last call for international flights was made, we only had 20 mins to get to the counter to allow 60 mins to get through TSA and our flight. We were pulled out of line by the same employee that put us in the wrong line, he apologized profusely, and took us straight to the counter. Once we made it to our destination, we were told that there were actually 5 families that had the same misfortune as us.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  29 July 2011 by A Bergman   (Switzerland)

Classic Plus

Excellent seat pitch in the first 4 rows, marketed as Stretch Seats. With my fare (Classic Plus) these seats were complementary, also one premium drink and TV. For all fares non-alcoholic drinks and a cookie come for free and stretch seats can be purchased. So it's not really different from legacy carriers, but seating is better at a lower price. My flight DEN-LGA also operated on time.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  28 July 2011 by Dana Lockwood   (USA)

We were flying into Denver, although we understand there can be delays, in an attempt to find any other flight and/or carrier we were told you should have flown yesterday. The warm cookies were a nice touch however it would be even better if employees showed a little compassion.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  26 July 2011 by L Hunt   (USA)

Frontier's methods of handling reservations is inadequate, be it via their website or telephone. After reading the comments on this site, it is obvious that many others have experienced the same frustrations. Judging by its tortoise-like speed, the airline's website is incapable of handling even a modest volume of reservation transactions, consequently it times out. One wonders if Frontier will either improve its web-based service or add more reservations agents. In the meantime, many potential customers will be flying other airlines.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  25 July 2011 by Chirag Mehta   (USA)

I am about to travel from Dallas to Denver. I could not add my infant child to the reservation when I booked online, I was instructed to call the customer care number to get that done. I have been calling customer care for the last 7 days, every time I get more than 1 hr of approximate wait time. Today I decided to hang on as the sweet automated tone on the call mentioned 30 mins wait time. It took me 1 hr to get the Agent on the line. I was hoping at least a warm response after such a long wait but there was that non-responsive, monotonous tone. Agent seemed to be in a hurry to complete my request and hung up the phone immediately after taking my request without confirming any of the other details. So far, a bit disappointed with customer service. Hope the flight is good enough to change my opinion.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  4 July 2011 by Stephen Sweet   (USA)

Returned this past week after another series of trips with Frontier. I flew to DEN from ANC and on to SLC. Then to SMF from DEN and returned to DEN and back up to ANC. All flights were fine, good crews, clean aircraft, on time and overall a pretty good value for the money. Frontier is my first choice when heading out of the Greatland to the Lower 48. I only wish they would fly up here daily throughout the year. We Alaskans would fill the planes to and from Denver.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  30 June 2011 by K Westendorf   (USA)

I have been a long-time customer of Frontier Airlines and have been very pleased with about 98% of my experiences. I started flying them with my old job in Denver because they always had the best rates and flew to the cities we needed. When I moved out of state, they continued to be my preferred airline getting back to Denver. Phoenix has 4 different airlines that fly to and from Denver, but Frontier is always first one my list. First, ticket prices are the same amongst all 4 carriers. But Frontier has television! Yeah, it's $6, but I'd rather pay that than be bored out of my mind like on other flights.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  19 May 2011 by Bob Bean   (USA)

Horrible, ruined my vacation. Plane had problem and they could not get part for six hours. No substitute plane. Computers at gate did not work and service personnel had to use their personal cell phones to explore other options It took one hour to help three people. Will never fly Frontier again. Staff was friendly though.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  8 May 2011 by M Beard   (USA)

SLC-DEN-PDX first time flying Frontier and I was reasonably impressed. I fly often on many 'no frills' airlines so Frontier was about as good as can be expected and then some. The flight attendants were patient with everyone, entertainment was bad but that's expected, and I loved the warm cookie.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  5 May 2011 by D Jemming   (USA)

Salt Lake to Atlanta and back. The charge of $6.00 just to watch 20 or so channels on the TV is ridiculous. I would estimate that 95% don't watch because of the charge. What a public relations winner if Frontier would drop this charge.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  2 May 2011 by K O'Neill   (USA)

LAX to Costa Rica with a connection in Denver. Not really thrilled with the process. On both flights to and from Denver to Costa Rica (over 5 hours), we were served soda (once) and when I asked to purchase sandwiches for my family, they did not have any in stock and only had salty snacks which I did purchase for $3 a bag. You have to pay $6 to use the inflight tv and the seats are closely packed to one another. The boarding process is odd - if you are carrying on bags for storage in the overhead compartment, you board last. If the bags don't fit they will check them at the gate (I do not believe they charge baggage fee at the gate so that is one way to get around the $20 charge per bag.) On a positive note, the flight attendants were nice, the gate agents were nice and we got home safely. I just think Jet Blue and Southwest do a much better job treating their passengers.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  4 April 2011 by N Tran   (USA)

Colorado to Minneapolis. Flight attendant referred to me as "Hey!" instead of politely calling me "ma'am" or "Miss" when I placed my carry-on in a bin about 4 seats from where I was seated. I did this because there was no room to put my suitcase where I was seated. I realize flight attendants have it "bad" at times, but that does not call for being ill- mannered and just plain rude. Everyone on the flight is a paying customer, and the flight attendants being in the service industry have no right to treat paying customers with disrespect.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  28 March 2011 by R Cross   (USA)

Just recently flew Frontier from Denver to Cancun. To say the least the experience was not a good one. Bought the tickets 6 months early and also at one point had seats picked out, but came to find out that when I went to pre-check in was told that I had to wait to find out what seats we had when we got to the airport. When we arrived we found that the seats where spread all over the plane. Not very conducive to a family vacation. We were told that we could sit together for the low price of $40.00 per seat. Can anybody see a shake down when they see one. It's a sad day in America when a supposed Industry leader resorts to underhanded methods to con people out of more money. 2 other families flew with us and had similar experiences going and coming back from Cancun.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  27 March 2011 by Michele Miller   (USA)

Frontier Airlines ruined a family vacation that we had booked last October from DIA to Washington, DC and travelling with family connecting on the same flight from Salt Lake City. Because we only reserved economy tickets, we were not able to get seat assignments until we checked in at the airport, even though I also checked in online that morning. The plane was overbooked, so by the time we got to DIA three hours before the flight, they only had one seat available. My 14-year old son used the ticket, which was a mistake because he was a minor and not able to check into our hotel in DC by himself. My daughter and I got involuntary bumps to a United flight the next day. For the flight home I reluctantly paid the extra $50 per seat to make sure we got on together. I will never fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  21 March 2011 by Stephen Sweet   (USA)

Seattle-Denver-Branson then Orlando-Denve-Seattle. Frontier again did a fine job with great employees throughout. We would have done the entire trip on Frontier out of Anchorage but Frontier only flies up here May-Oct. We used AK Air and AirTran as well and had no complaints. I keep hoping that Frontier will decide to fly up here throughout the year as I am sure their nightly redeye would be full.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  16 March 2011 by E Bjorling   (USA)

Roundtrip Milwaukee to Ft. Myers. We were upgraded without additional charge to more legroom so our daughter could have some more room, flight attendants were outstanding. We were offered a row that was empty so that our daughter could stretch out. Aside from being accomodating, they were friendly and quite funny. So much of the fun has left air travel and it's refreshing that an airline is actually trying to inject some back in. This was our first trip as a family and we were a bit frazzled with the little one and all that she comes with and the agent was a huge help. She checked our car seat and larger carry-on free of charge so we didn't have to lug it through security.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  3 March 2011 by P McDonnell   (USA)

I was scheduled to fly round trip from MSE-MKE-BOS during the blizzards the first week of February 2011. The day I was due to depart was supposed to be the worst day of the blizzards, so I called Frontier to reschedule. The customer service rep I spoke with was very helpful, and booked me onto a flight next morning at no additional charge, and even gave me an exit row seat. Even though I rescheduled my flight, the weather that day was still not great, and my two flights were delayed briefly due to the weather. The staff were all very considerate and patient, and kept everyone informed. The gave us free TV on the flight to make up for it. Overall, I was impressed with how smoothly it went rescheduling flights, and flying during very bad weather. All the Frontier staff was very polite, friendly, helpful and patient.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  22 January 2011 by Stuart Walker   (Australia)

LAX to Denver. I booked the flight through Priceline and was not aware of the additional fees at the airport for baggage - $20 per checked bag. Check in was however quick and easy. Flight departed a little late as a passenger managed to get on without a ticket. I think there was more seat room than on Australian low cost airlines. Denver airport is enormous but very easy to find you way around. There was a long wait for baggage to arrive for collection.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  10 January 2011 by J Fast   (USA)

Classic

I have flown Frontier now three times from Tucson to Denver. The cost of the flight is reasonable enough but the big issue is that their way of boarding the plane is the most idiotic that I have ever seen. As an example when I left Denver to Tucson on Friday PM, the flight was scheduled to depart at 920pm. We started to board about 845pm and it took almost 45 minutes to board the plane. They let people check bags for free at the gates and if you fly economy it costs you $20. Not quite fair. The gate agents tell you when to board with specifications that if you have an item that you can fit under your seat you can board early. However the gate agents don't enforce this policy and its just a mad rush. All in all, this is just another very average airline that is not real customer friendly and is not on time a lot because of the boarding delays.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  18 November 2010 by Tom Martin   (USA)

DEN-DFW-LGB/LAX-DEN-DFW. All the planes new and very comfortable. For a carrier that differentiates itself from other carriers, I was disappointed that my experience was very similar to flying AA. DFW-DEN we only received one drink service, and flight attendants sat in the last row reading the newspaper - I never got a refill of coffee! DEN-LGB flight was a little different, flight attendants came by three times to provide drinks/refills. When I checked in at LAX, I was the only pax at the counter and there were three ticket agents there. Not one of them said 'hi' or even acknowledged I was there. LAX-DEN and DEN-DFW were must better and the service I was expecting from Frontier Airlines. I would fly Frontier Airlines again - good value for the money. The best thing they did was allow Economy tickets to make seat assignments at booking. New Airbus and E-190, and plenty of seat width, DEN easy to navigate, and not a mega hub like MSP or ORD. FAs didn't always smile, but weren't rude - got the job done.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  29 October 2010 by S Boekestein   (Canada)

Very disappointed not allowed to pick a seat and ended up in between 2 very large people on a full plane, not impressed, could not wait for the flight to end. I don't suppose there is a solution, you cant know this beforehand - other airlines allow seat selection with online checkin!

Frontier Airlines customer review :  28 October 2010 by A Krause   (USA)

Classic

Being officially labeled a "passenger of size" by the airlines (which I certainly resent), I hunted diligently for an accommodating airline before booking my flight. The representative at Frontier was the most flexible and kind that I had encountered. She gave me seat dimensions (almost 18" wide, which is practically unheard of nowadays!) and was very helpful with my options. Because of the size of the seats, I easily fit into one and did not have to make any other special accommodation other than requesting a seatbelt extender. The actual flights were very pleasant and all of the staff was kind. The stretch seating upgrade was absolutely worth the price too. I was practically fully reclined my entire trip and I felt like I was in first class! The Classic ticket was the best value and I could not have been more pleased with my experience.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  27 October 2010 by A Lange   (USA)

I have never left an online review for everyone to read. But I feel that if anyone looks at reviews before booking, then I want this to be known. When you book a flight, and take time off, you never think there would be any reason to change your ticket. But things happen that we least expect. My daughter, who used Frontier Airlines, and I who used another airline, made reservations to visit my mom. All of us live in different states. Unexpectedly, my mom passed away 14 days before we were to fly out. My airline changed my reservation because of "Bereavement" and waived all fees and were very caring, actually they were outstanding. My daughter called Frontier Airlines to also change her reservation. She said Frontier Airlines didn't seem to care, and wouldn't use bereavement to make her changes. Frontier also didn't waive any fees so the cost to change flights was so much more for her. I was really shocked about that, so I called Frontier Airlines and talked to their Customer Relations Dept and received the same treatment as she did. It's something how different airlines can treat their customers so differently. Maybe if enough people will let them know about their experiences, they will make some changes. Until then, I will not book any flights with Frontier Airlines.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  16 October 2010 by C Quinlan   (USA)

Classic

Carry-on luggage - they make it such a procedure. On my trip to Denver they made a big deal about there being too much carry on luggage and asking people to check it - but they wait until they are about to board. Then they let people that fly without carry on luggage on first, then military, then babies - it was never ending. I didn't even have a carry on suitcase, just a laptop that counted as extra baggage so I had to board with the last group. Isn't the point to have the people board the plane in the back first - so things will go quicker. It took forever to board. Plus be prepared with your credit card if you want any food or drink - no cash. $6 for tv and $8 for a movie.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  15 September 2010 by S Sweet   (USA)

Classic

ANC to DEN to BNA return. The cabin crews were professional and entertaining. The food is quite tasty. If I had my wish, we would not have to pay for it but things have changed and I have accepted this. It has been my experience that the Frontier employees I have had the good fortune to travel with do tend to be proud of their employer and it shows! Quality shows and Alaskans, or at least this one, appreciates that!

Frontier Airlines customer review :  9 September 2010 by Matt Dixon   (Australia)

Classic

LAX to PHL via Denver return. Fares excellent value and the stretch seating terrific. Cabin crew also excellent. LAX-PHL we were delayed for 6 hours in Den for engineering. During this period only 2 announcements were made with several gate changes and the boards were not updated. The replacement aircraft was filthy and my seat had graffiti on it. The cabin crew were excellent and tried hard to ensure we had a good flight. Walking up the aerobridge in PHL for on arrival my wife and I could hear someone screaming. It turned out to be the ground agent screaming at the passengers who were waiting for the return flight back to DEN. While I appreciate the agent was under stress due to 6 hour delay and missed connections I have never seen such poor customer service. Checkin for our return flight back to LAX via DEN the 2 agents kept talking to each other and ignored us. When the agent went to put the bag tag on my daughters car seat, my wife commented that it would fall off only to be told “I know what I’m doing” very abruptly. Again, cabin crew were superb on both flights. The pilots kept us up to date which was appreciated due to storms along the route. Upon arrival into Lax ironically our daughter’s car seat did not arrive. We have since put in a complaint about this in July but yet to receive a response.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  29 August 2010 by Bruce Ford   (USA)

Classic Plus

Tucson to Denver. I fly Frontier about 30 times per year. I have never had a flight cancelled, and rarely delayed due to mechanical issues. For generally much less than Southwest's business fare, on Frontier I get 5 extra inches of legroom in Stretch seating, free TV, a snack or meal (and they're pretty good), and a premium beverage. Their staff isn't always the most competent, but they're never rude, Denver Concourse A can be a madhouse, and on some routes than only have 1 or 2 flights per day.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  27 August 2010 by Stephen Sweet   (USA)

Anchorage to Atlanta via Denver roundtrip. Thanks to Delta/ASA I was lucky enough to spend the night in ATL because of a 3 hour ground hold at New Bern, NC. This caused me to miss my Frontier flight in ATL. Frontier staff went out of their way to not only find my luggage but helped me get a nice room at the Airport Hilton. I was more than pleased with the excellent service provided me but another Frontier passenger who also missed her flight. Kudos to Frontier and many thanks, you have impressed me once again.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  19 August 2010 by A Quist   (USA)

After reading some poor reviews, I was leery of flying Frontier (ticket was purchased for me by a family member). But after flying both Frontier and United over the weekend, I had to come online to report my experience. Frontier was perfect, in my experience. I flew out of Madison, WI, and appreciated the way in which the plane was boarded (unlike United, Frontier called first class, then persons with special needs, followed by families with young children, then the back half of the plane, followed by the front. My flight took off only 4 minutes past intended departure time. Crew was friendly and helpful. We were served beverages, plus 2 chocolate chip cookies. Frontier landed on schedule, and the connecting flight was just 1 gate away. We got off the plane, walked 20 feet to the next gate, and boarded within half an hour. Again, the second flight was great. You pay extra for a sandwich, but $6 is very reasonable. You can also pay for TV viewing, though you can watch for free if you watch what they play for you. It's only extra if you want the option to surf channels or watch a movie. Frontier provides a small screen on the back of each seat for personalized viewing. People need to realize that there are rules for a reason, such as getting to the airport an hour or more before a flight. Boarding takes place half an hour before flight times, and I don't wnt to have to wait because someone was too lazy to get to the airport on time.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  22 July 2010 by S Djakovic   (USA)

Rountrip SAN to PHL via MKE. We get to the airport an hour and a half early. Despite the internet saying the flight was on time there was a 4 hour delay for mechanical problems. The poorly trained staff then assumed that everyone was going to miss their connecting flights so started rebooking people onto new flights and handing out vouchers. Unfortunately it took them over 6 hours to get through the line of 200 people. Sowe sat in line for 6 hours without being told what was going on (everything we heard was hearsay from other customers). We finally get to the counter to be told that the our flight to MKE had already taken off. The staff were unprofessional and inefficient. So they gave us a voucher and booked us on a red eye flight through a different airline. Worst experience I've had with an airline.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  16 July 2010 by O Townsend   (USA)

Roundtrip MKE-SFO via Denver. Flight delays on 3 of the 4 legs of the trip. Staff lacked customer service skills; indifferent; uninvolved. A pity that Frontier is merging with Midwest airlines and destroying what was once considered a very reputable airline. Even the warm chocolate chip cookies could not atone for their dismal performance and service.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  12 July 2010 by V Blake   (USA)

Classic

This was our first time flying Frontier, and I would not recommend them. We booked in January for a July flight and paid the extra fee for assigned seats (classic). A few days before we were to leave, they called with a vastly different schedule and said the computer did it and we would have to take the new times/seats. I balked and pushed back and they switched it all back (it took 45 minutes and an escalated call). They gave me assigned seats, but on the last leg when we appeared at Denver, we had different seats. They stuck two of us in middle seats separated from each other. I noticed the people on either side of us had the cheaper non- assigned seats (they didn't get free tv). I was told at the gate that I should feel lucky I even had seats as they had over-booked and 6 people couldn't get out. I paid for assigned seats and didn't get them. They also lost our bags and we had to wait an hour in a passenger line to report them missing.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  1 July 2010 by B McGee   (USA)

Classic

Austin to Denver to Rapid City for two passengers. Bought tickets for non rockbottom prices six weeks in advance. Two days before flight am notified the flight times have been changed - all legs, arrival time goes from 9pm to midnight. Asked about other flight times, all booked at this late date of course. Asked how the changes are assigned, as I'd purchased my ticket well in advance. Agent didn't know - computer generated she thinks. Frontier used to be a dream to fly with before two years ago. I've flown Frontier several times over the last 1.5 years and always experience a flight change, delay, inconvenience and unhelpfulness. They treat you like you've done something wrong.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  21 June 2010 by Douglas Peterson   (Australia)

PDX to MSP and MSP to SFO, both via Denver. We found the ground staff to be very pleasant and helpful, the stewardesses efficient and no-nonsense types. They hadn't been to charm school but they knew their job. The aircraft seemed very new, A320/A318. Very clean. Prior to departure we were offered to check our carry-on luggage which we did and thus no hassles getting on or off.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  11 May 2010 by Stuart Allbaugh   (USA)

San Diego to Milwaukee 8th May. Arrived on time. All suitcases at Baggage claim at the same time I stepped up. Excellent!

Frontier Airlines customer review :  30 March 2010 by F Lasinski   (USA)

Flight initiated in Austin was 1 hr late. Due to a tight connection in Denver, I requested to be placed on the United flight which was on-time. The agent assured me that I would have 20 minutes to make my connection in Denver. After arriving in Denver in gate 4, the greeting agent advised that my Albuquerque flight was departing from gate 64. Arriving at gate 64, the flight had left. I stood in customer service line for 90 minutes. They placed me on a 5pm flight. The scheduled visit to Albuquerque was a day trip. Frontier refused a refund. Booking was through Expedia - their service is non-existent, but that is another issue.

Frontier Airlines customer review :  26 March 2010 by Dennis Kaffman   (USA)

Classic

BNA-DEN-SFO. This was our first experience flying Frontier and did not know what to expect. We usually get Delta with a connection out of ATL (and you know what to expect with them). We were concerned because we had a very short connection time in DEN and our luggage was ticketed straight through to HKG on SQ. Not only did BNA/DEN arrive early, but our bags made it onto HKG with us. New and well maintained aircraft itself, and competent agreeable flight attendants.