PAGE loading ... please wait!

Frontier Airlines Passenger Reviews and Frontier Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  31 January 2013 by Michael King    (USA)

My daughter and I flew from Newport News to Denver and on to LAX on Jan 25 2013. Although both flights were enjoyable, the first leg was particularly well managed by the flight crew. One of the passengers, a lady with a small child, 15 months old, was doing an admirable job of keeping the little girl happy. On a 4.5 hour flight, this is a nearly impossible task. After serving drinks, an FA spent a good deal of time occupying the little ones time. As a parent myself and remembering what traveling with little ones could be like, I am sure the mother of this child was very appreciative.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2013 by I Jennings    (USA)

Classic Plus

We paid for classic plus going from KC to Denver and stretch on the return. You get 36" of legroom but the seats were flat and uncomfortable, at least for my back! On both flights, we took off around 40 mins late with no apology or explanation. The flight attendants, looked tired and were unfriendly. The check in staff were just as bad. Frontier needs to improve its customer service. A shame as they are good value.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 January 2013 by Mike Rollins    (USA)

Unacceptable service for our charter 12/23/12 to Punta Cana, from Chicago, and again back, on 12/30-31/12. In brief, 3 flights from O'Hare on 12/23, all delayed several hrs, flight to Montego Bay was cancelled, all because none of the crews were complete. They knew this was going to happen and never notified any of us. Offered no info, or help. Coming back, we waited 2 hrs at Punta Cana airport, then flight cancelled.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 January 2013 by L Zimmerman    (USA)

December 2012, round trip between Madison, WI and Washington, DC. The planes were up-to-date and the seats very comfortable. The service was superb at check-in, gate, and through the flight. Crew were organized and friendly. A nice touch was the raising of the cabin lights during beverage service. Many food items were available for sale. We didn't buy any, but liked that there were options. Flights were comfortable and calm.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  2 January 2013 by C Prudhon    (USA)

We flew on Christmas Day from Madison to DCA (Reagan). It left 2 hours late. Return flight on 12/30/2012 left 4 hours late. Seemed to be a problem in gathering crew for the flight. Unprofessional appearance and very casual attitude. Here in Wisconsin we like having the option for a non-stop from Madison to Washington, DC, but the service is terrible. Hope I can find another way.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  2 January 2013 by L Angus    (USA)

Classic Plus

Flew round trip from Ft Myers to Denver 12/12. Flight out was no problem. Return flight - flight listed as on time on the screens, but we boarded over 30 minutes late. No announcement made that explained when we would be boarding, the reason for the delay, or any kind of apology or assurance. Asked to check our carryon bags at the gate, which was not a problem except that my companion was not given the receipt from her bag check. The agent said she would be right back with the tag, never returned, and when my friend asked the attendant, she was sent to the front of the plane and told by the gate agent that there was no way they could find the receipt. During the flight, we experienced strong turbulence, no acknowledgement was made by the flight attendants or by the pilot over the intercom system. We don't plan to fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  31 December 2012 by R Robinson    (USA)

We left Seattle late, but the gate and flight crew told us that the connection in Denver for my flight to Orlando would wait for us. Flight was pleasant and the air crew good. However, the plane did not wait and no flights available until tomorrow. To add insult to injury, they lost my bag.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  31 December 2012 by Dani Stellmach    (USA)

Delayed over 2 hours. None of it related to weather issues. It was because we were short a stewardess for our flight and we had to wait for them to arrive from another city. My first and last time my children and I fly Frontier Airlines. Completely unacceptable.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  31 December 2012 by Kelcie Devitt    (USA)

Virginia to California in economy. They checked in all of the classic plus customers before checking in a single Economy customer. I and many others nearly missed our flights because of this. Once I actually got to my plane to make the 5 hour trip I realized once again because I was an economy passenger I then had to pay for movies! There's was no entertainment either direction, which made for an even worse experience. On my way back to Virginia I had a lay over in Denver and realized my original flight Id bought from Colorado to Virginia was no longer in service and I had a 6 hour layover. I was never notified of the cancellation and this just confirmed that I will never fly with them again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  28 December 2012 by Jeff Morgan    (USA)

Had an emergency flight back to Ohio. I left Albuquerque in bad weather but was reassured by Albuquerque Frontier staff that I would be able to catch the next flight back to Ohio. Frontier airlines in Denver knew that we would not be able to make the connection and told me that the Albuquerque Frontier station frequently tells customers that they will be able to make connections that are not possible in an effort to get them out of Albuquerque to be someone else's problem. I had the 'pleasure' of sleeping in the Denver airport overnight because staff in Denver said that they were not liable for putting me up in a hotel.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  25 December 2012 by Lori Kasten    (USA)

My 2 older children had a flight from DIA to Grand Rapids and they sat in the airport for 6 hours before Frontier cancelled the flight. The were rebooked for the following morning. We arrived at 6 am flight just to be informed that flight was cancelled. We received no compensation or upgrades for the inconvenience. They rebooked us for what was our original 2 hour flight tomorrow to fly 4 hours to Houston, 3 hour layover and then another 4 hours to Detroit - not their airport of origin. I have 4 children returning 12/28 on Frontier, what are the chances they will all make it?

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  20 December 2012 by J Steel    (USA)

Classic Plus

My wife and I flew Frontier on a whim since it was our honeymoon and they offered a non-stop flight. The flight to our destination was uneventful, even pleasant. On the return, the ticket staff were incredibly rude. We paid additional for the both of us to sit together in the middle of the aircraft however when we arrived we were seated at opposite ends of the plane. After spending an hour trying to get the issue resolved we had to resign ourselves to the back of the plane negating the extra money we spent for preferred seating.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  20 December 2012 by Debra Miller    (USA)

Awful experience, ticket agent was very rude. Our flight had been moved to another day without notifying us, the ticket agent said it was not his problem and we needed to contact the other airlines to find a flight to Orlando. He finally did find us a flight on American and it was already boarding so we had to run to catch the plane, our option to fly home was stay an extra day in Orlando, which we could not do or fly from Orlando to Denver to Madison, WI which we had to do. Fly another airline.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2012 by D Lorett    (USA)

We flew to Puna Canta. Attendants were friendly and attentive, we were celebrating our 50th anniversary, and enjoyed the trip there and back. Impressed with the cleanliness of the bathrooms, and the room in them. Hope to fly them again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  6 December 2012 by A Vonne    (USA)

Depending on which rules they choose to enforce, you can never be assured that you will be granted access to their boarding process. I am a young woman with a certified disability. I live 4 hours from Oklahoma airport and, after waiting on the check in line, presented my travel documents 4 minutes late according to their boarding rules. I was not allowed to check in for my scheduled flight. I was re-routed to an intermediary city where I had to spend the night before catching a flight to my final destination. Do not fly this airline, especially if you have children or special needs!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  3 December 2012 by Brian Robinson    (USA)

Classic Plus

Booked one way GSO-MCO Nov 26th. Few minutes late leaving and arriving, but no problem. Cabin staff friendly and competent. Plane clean and IFE working. Thanks Frontier for bringing low cost, full size plane service to GSO.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  2 December 2012 by Jacon Chun    (USA)

Very disappointed with Frontier Airlines service on our trip out to visit family for Thanksgiving. They did not make traveling with two young children easy (1 toddler, 1 infant). We selected seats together, at the airport we could not sit together because we didn't pay the extra $5 fee for the opportunity to select seats. So we pay the upgrade for the 1st leg of our flight, but they keep us in separate rows and seats for the second leg. With a 2.5 year old and an 8 month old we're all going to sit in separate seats? I highly dissuade any families from using Frontier. We flew home on United and had no problems whatsoever sitting together.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  2 December 2012 by D Jablonski    (USA)

I had a combined round-trip ticket, flying American from Tulsa to Denver, then Frontier to Minneapolis; coming back was the reverse, Frontier out of Minneapolis then American to Tulsa. It was ticketed through American. Flying to Minneapolis was fine, because I didn't really have to interact with checking in at Frontier. However, the return was horrible. I arrived at the airport later than I planned, but still had a half hour before takeoff when I tried to check in at the Frontier counter. The attendant wouldn't let me check in because he said I wouldn't make it in time. I had a half hour but he wouldn't even let me try. I asked if there was anything he could do, and he said no. Other airlines have been known to call the gate, tell them the passenger was on the way, and ask them to hold the plane. But not Frontier. He was also unwilling to help me get on a later flight because "it's ticketed through American, let them help you". I went to the American desk. They were very friendly and tried to help. However, it would cost $150 to change my ticket and fly from Minneapolis with them, so they suggested I go back to the Frontier desk and ask them to sign my ticket over to American. The attendant would not help me, and rudely said it was my fault because I was late. But he finally said they could put me on standby on the next plane which would leave 4 hours later, but said it was full so my chances weren't good. I went back to American, and paid my $150. From now on I will pay a little more to deal with a friendly, helpful person.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  30 November 2012 by Michelle Ratcliff    (USA)

We were supposed to leave on a 1.12 flight to Denver and our plane had started boarding when an announcement was made that there may be an aircraft change. There was - the plane headed to Harrisburg directly across from our gate started deboarding and got on our plane and took off. Here we sit, 3 hours after we were supposed to leave with another 5 hour wait before we can leave. What I don't understand is why we had to sacrifice our plane and time for the folks going to Harrisburg. It's a huge inconvenience. We will never fly with Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  26 November 2012 by T Rowland    (USA)

Classic Plus

Flew Frontier 3 times this week (Denver to Phoenix, 11/16, Phoenix to Denver 11/17, and Denver to Dallas 11/24). This was the first time I had used this carrier. Not a single flight left on time, average delay on each flight was 2-3 hours (always blamed on mechanical delays). I understand being delayed once in a while but 3 out of 3? Also, staff (from the baggage checker to flight attendants) were grouchy and the customer service reps essentially told me too bad (never once apologized for the inconvenience). I fly a fair amount (20+ times per year) and have been on almost all major US carriers, this one takes the cake as the worst!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 November 2012 by N McCabe    (USA)

I flew from Austin, TX to Portland, OR changing both ways in Denver, CO. On all 4 planes the aisles were so narrow that it was difficult to even enter the plane. The planes seem to have been changed from 5-seat rows to 6-seat rows and additional rows added. This meant that the seats were so close together that the experience was like being a sardine in a can. When the stewards were passing out drinks on one flight, they parked the cart by my row and served the whole plane from there. When the passenger in front of me lowered their seat, they were in my lap. Never again will I fly Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 November 2012 by Susan Baker    (USA)

Will never fly Frontier again. Was on 4 different flights and were only greeted twice by flight attendants. Made arrangements in April for a November trip and had no choice of seats at reservation time only to be told at check in you will get your seat at the gate. Gate staff were rude. We had a first time flyer with us and nicely asked if she could be seated with one of us so she wasn't alone. Only to be told we were lucky to be on this flight. The 4 of us were separated on all the flights we were on. When you're flying for over 3 hours it would be nice to sit with someone you know.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  22 October 2012 by A Mark    (USA)

Denver to Dayton to visit family in Ohio. Have flown Frontier many times before, staff have always been courteous and apart from when I've flown home in the winter, the flights have been on time. I have a direct flight, so don't know about connecting flights.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 October 2012 by D McLeay    (Canada)

Flew from Orange County to Detroit with a stop in Denver. Boarding in Orange County was fine, was seated at the very back of the plane which I hate but that is the luck of the draw. Flight started with flight attendant saying the TV system was broken for the flight . Beverage cart came around giving us a shot glass of Pop. Landed in Denver 15 minutes late. Only had 15 minutes to catch my next flight which was 7 minute away from gate to gate. Being at the very back of the plane killed another 5 minutes. We rushed (with no assistance from the airlines) to our connecting flight and was made to feel like it was our fault when arriving at the next plane for holding up the flight. Never even looked at our boarding passes just ordered us on the plane. Why would they put us at the very back of the plane on the first flight when we had a tight connection like that. I booked over a month in advance. Second flight to the very back of the plane again. Air did not work in our seats and when asked attendant about it, she brushed it off, in addition the seats do not go back when you are in the last row which made it tight. Then the TV came on and was disappointed we had the pay $5.99 if we wanted to watch it. Overall very uncomfortable flight with rude attendants. I flew AA a week earlier and had a great experience.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  5 October 2012 by Nola M Wellman    (USA)

Even though I booked round trip tickets with Frontier, I never once got on an actual plane, the departing flight was cancelled altogether, and the return flight was delayed so long that the connection would have been impossible to make. Making matters worse, I was flying to my sister's wedding in California from Michigan and could not afford to wait for following day, much less trust that it would go. So they rebooked myself and my daughter on a flight from Detroit to Washington/Dulles, then after hurrying to the connecting gate, we flew clear across the continental US, something like 5 straight hours. Not much fun, to say the least. Coming home we were forced to layover an extra day, so my 5 day trip turned into a six day trip, with three days spent entirely at airports. As far as this review goes, I can't give an opinion because I never got on their plane! My sister booked my niece on the same flight, so the same thing happened to her, except they rebooked her on US Airways and she flew from DTW to Phoenix, but never made her connection to California.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 September 2012 by S Carlson    (USA)

I will never fly Frontier again. The staff were rude and made us very uncomfortable. They were not helpful at the baggage check in, this was in PHX on the morning of Sep 12th. On our connecting flight going to Nashville, one of the flight attendants snapped at me when I asked where the restroom was. Their lack of customer service made my experience lousy. On our way back, we took United Airlines. Totally different.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  12 September 2012 by S Kelsey    (USA)

Overall, I was very satisfied. Online booking was smooth, I had no problems boarding and the flight left and arrived on time in Denver. I flew from Salt Lake to Little Rock to visit family, and I might have to push my return date out, so I am curious as to how smooth that will go. The drinks on flight were a small cup with ice, the food was expensive and so were alcoholic drinks, so I refrained from those. I would recommend this flight and would also add that more leg room would be nice.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  10 September 2012 by A Miller    (USA)

My flight to Colorado Springs with connection at Denver was delayed which in turn made me miss my connection flight. They showed no empathy towards my situation but were rude in suggesting that the only option was to fly the next day at 8 am. We were told that they were holding flights when in fact my connection flight left 7 minutes earlier than suppose to. This is the last time I fly Frontier. I was told by another flyer that this happens way to frequent and he was driving from Denver to Colorado Springs. This was my first time flying alone to this airport. They have made this a bad experience. This airline needs to get their act together.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2012 by Gowri Rangarajan    (USA)

I was travelling with my 4 year old. My flight to Portland with connection at Denver was delayed 3 hours. First they said it was due to weather but then they said it was a mechanical problem with the flight. I was to miss my connection at Denver. They showed no empathy towards my situation but were rude in suggesting that the only option was to either stay back at Denver or fly the next day at 9 am. The next day they were so fuzzy about my baggage being overweight by 1 pound - the same bag they checked in yesterday but had to get back due to flight delay. They made me remove stuff from my bag and finally they lost my bag. Staff at Portland responsible for baggage claim was impossible. I am still waiting for my baggage to arrive and I am hoping I would get it back.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2012 by Michael Little    (Australia)

Portland-Denver-Jackson Hole in A320/A319. Smooth online booking, online check-in and bag drop, Flights on time and the service efficient. Seats in the cheapest part of the plane offered as much legroom as premium airlines' Economy. A non-alcoholic drink was served on each leg (no free snack). The hub at Denver was quite crowded and busy. Luggage took a long time to be unloaded at Jackson Hole. Overall a good experience.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 August 2012 by A Gipson    (USA)

I arrive at the airport 2 hours ahead of time to find the Frontier line out of the door. There were two extremely slow agents and a slew of broken kiosks. After an hour in line, I finally got through security to find out my flight was delayed. Because of this, I would miss my connecting flight. Frontier rebooked me on one of their later itineraries - one that would get in 3 hours 17 minutes later than my original itinerary. Even though there was other flights available on other carriers, I was booked on this flight. After doing some research on Frontiers website, I found Frontier's policy about controllable flights. "If we can't get you on a Frontier flight scheduled to arrive within three hours of your original itinerary, we'll do our best to arrange for you to fly on another available carrier or combination of carriers with whom we have agreements." After bringing this to the attention of the agent at the gate, I was booked on another connecting flight on another airline. Then I found out our original flight was cancelled so I would miss my new connecting flight. While standing in line at the gate trying to rebook my flight I was told I had to go back to the ticketing counter to do so. I had been standing in this line for 45 minutes already. I proceeded back through security and waited in another line for an hour and a half line to try to rebook to get on a new flight. I cannot believe an airline could be so incompetent. I feel that it is ridiculous that I have to go on Frontier's website and show it to Frontier agents in order for anything to happen.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 August 2012 by K Naganathan    (USA)

I flew to Portland, OR from NYC via Denver. Outbound trip was great. On the way back on DEN-LGA leg of the journey the pilot made an emergency landing in Indianapolis. The next 16 hours is a case study in trying to buy off customers for poor quality service. Instead of having enough people on the ground to service the accommodation of 150+ passengers, the airline effectively paid the passengers to struggle through the limited resources available on the ground in Indianapolis to assist them. I ended up sleeping the night in a cold airport lounge and slogged through multiple re-scheduling of the continuation of my trip from Indianapolis to NYC. I tore up the $400 airline voucher I got for the inconvenience.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  8 August 2012 by T Ravindranath    (USA)

We (5 people) travelled from GEG to DEN on 08/03/12. I was travelling with my disabled daughter in a wheelchair. During reservation I had already informed them that my daughter is in a wheelchair and cannot walk. We checked in online and after going through security, arrived at gate C32. After the gate agent arrived, I reminded her that we need an aisle chair. She said that as per 'normal' Frontier procedure, when travelling with a wheelchair passenger, I should have checked in at the counter and not online. I never saw this instruction on their website. She also mentioned that they can deny us boarding for not doing that. I did complain about this to the airline and they rewarded me the with a whopping $25 certificate per passenger that can only be used for 'future' travel on this customer un-friendly airline. Frontier provides only complementary beverage, no food.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 July 2012 by D Coan    (USA)

I just returned from a trip with Frontier Airlines and I hope it is the last time I need to travel with them. Unlike other reviewers we were not offered a cookie with our drink. We had a delay of 6 hours which was not Frontier's fault, however, people were tired. A nice gesture would have been to offer flyers a whole can of Pepsi, not just the usual half ice and half drink that all airlines offer, after the wait was over. Instead we had one steward who was not rude, but obviously tired. Frontier, like most airlines, does charge. Their term for this is "excess baggage" when you check it in. It's not excess, it's your luggage bag. However, what I was amazed about was Frontier staff kept announcing before the flight that the flight was full and you should check your roll-on baggage before boarding. In both cases where I saw this done many people did check their roll ons, and there was lots of space in the overhead bins. This was a DC to Denver, to Billings, MT round trip.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 July 2012 by J Bunnell    (USA)

Classic Plus

All in all, pretty good experience. Flights were on time, check in was smooth as were the flights. Flight attendants were great. The only cons were the planes were small and cramped, especially on the Denver to Spokane leg. We paid extra for Classic Plus and felt like our knees were under our chins, undoubtedly due to the aircraft type and the fact that three seats were squeezed into an area probably meant for two. We were shoulder to shoulder in the three row seating and both of us are small and thin. I imagine it would be even more miserable for people who are normal sized or a little overweight. It wasn't as bad on our return flight, but it wasn't full and we had an empty seat in our row. The saving grace for Frontier, at least as far as we were concerned, was the courtesy of the staff at the airports and the personable flight attendants.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  16 July 2012 by Michael Rosenzweig    (USA)

SEA-DEN-OKC-DEN-OKC. Overall, service was really good. Had a huge delay from DEN-OKC due to crew scheduling issues, but other 3 legs were on time. Food selection was adequate for these flight duration's, but the aircraft interiors need to be refreshed. With that said, seats on 3 of the 4 legs were uncomfortable due to high wear and tear. IFE was not free like Virgin America or JetBlue. It's terrible how the US airlines are charging for everything now, it's getting ridiculous.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  25 June 2012 by Stephen G Sweet    (USA)

Classic Plus

Flight: In last month. Just returned last night to Anchorage. I used my Early Returns miles and took my family to ATL via DEN. All aspects of our trip were great on Frontier. We did takeoff 40 minutes late from DEN on our return but somehow managed to arrive 20 min's early into Anchorage. The planes were fine, the service excellent and staff attitudes were quite positive. No problems and no complaints! I will fly them again soon!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 June 2012 by J Marley    (USA)

Flew from La Guardia to Denver. Flight took off 40 minutes late, but otherwise a pretty pleasant experience. Newish Airbus with comfortable leather seats, decent legroom and direct TV screens in seatbacks. Crew was OK but unremarkable. I'd fly them again and consider them one of the better options in my market.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  12 June 2012 by Frank Earnest    (USA)

I purchased a round trip Minneapolis to Santa Barbara 4 months in advance. I did not specifically look at the aisle seating I was assigned and 3 out of 4 legs I was seated just in front of the exit row and could not recline my seat (Row 10). 3 out of 4 legs were on an Embraer 190 which is a nice plane, but no storage. Last leg on Airbus 320 had the most cramped seating I've experienced. They gate checked my bag half way through boarding, letting the last 20 folks bring on their bags. When I asked the flight attendant what was going on, she said they "pre-emptively" gate check bags when they have few checked bags for a full flight. Bottom line is that Frontier is not customer friendly. They will survive on price alone, and they won't get my business unless I'm desperate.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  3 April 2012 by R Sung    (USA)

LIR (Costa Rica)-DEN-LAX. Sat on the runway in CR for a 1.5 hours, due to "paperwork issues". They wouldn't let us on our connecting flight (we made it 30 mins before departure) stating our luggage wouldn't make it on. They rebooked us to a United flight, who charged us for luggage. Not a pleasant experience - will never fly them again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  2 April 2012 by C Schmidt    (USA)

Classic Plus

Flew round trip from Minneapolis to Las Vegas via Denver. Staff very friendly and the overall experience was fantastic. I recommend upgrading to Classic Plus - it is well worth the extra money!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  30 March 2012 by R Wind    (USA)

Flew roundtrip from Denver to San Diego return to Denver. Staff were friendly, helping us with checking baggage. Boarding was easy, boarded early due to no carry on bags. Flight staff friendly and efficient trying to get everyone's carry on bags stored. Seats were comfortable and had plenty of room. The TV was good, had to pay for it but it was affordable. All of our bags made it to our destination. The return trip to Denver was just as pleasant, the plane not very full so attendants let us change seats.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  27 March 2012 by M Moore    (USA)

ATL-DEN. Arrived on time, however the boarding ramp would not work so had to wait 30 min for technicians to fix it before we could exit the plane. On the return DEN-ATL we sat on the runway for an hour because the plane had a malfunction. Finally unloaded off the plane, just to be told to wait for another to arrive in 30 min. We arrive in ATL airport to find out the shuttles have been shut down for the night and that we would have to take buses to the baggage claim. Total delay 3 hours!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  24 March 2012 by J Smith    (USA)

My flight from DCA-MKE was delayed 1.5 hrs. In MKE, my flight to DFW was cancelled due to the fact that they did not have any staff available. There were only 10 seats available on flights going to DFW for the next 2 days. Overall, the worst flying experience I have had. My first and last time using this carrier.