PAGE loading ... please wait!

Frontier Airlines Passenger Reviews and Frontier Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 July 2013 by Tommy Oexeman    (USA)

There is room for improvement. Left from STL at 5.00, on time, outbound to DEN. Seats weren't that great. They were thin and uncomfortable. Very little lumbar support. Flight attendants were okay, a little aloof but kind. Inflight entertainment was nice, but you had to pay for it. No complimentary snacks. Drinks were free, but will be $1.99 as of 7/1/13 - ridiculous. Plane was somewhat dirty. Very wide plane, however (A320). Seat pitch wasn't bad (I'm 5'9"). Landed ahead of schedule. Overall, pleasant first experience but could have been better.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2013 by J Greene    (USA)

Flight number 122 from Denver to Dallas on 6/30/13. Flight delayed 3 hours and I never received any notification from the airlines via email, text, automated call. The customer service desk was very unhelpful in exploring other flight options since the flight now doesn't leave until 11pm. They also were very unhelpful in providing any information. I will never use Frontier again, this is a first and a last.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  24 June 2013 by Stephen G Sweet    (USA)

Classic Plus

I once again had a great experience flying Frontier-ANC to SLC via DEN. The planes were clean the service was excellent and always on time. We actually landed in ANC 30 minutes early on the return. I have yet to have a less than positive flight ever with them. I have been flying them since they arrived in ANC many years ago. Good choice overall.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  12 June 2013 by Todd Dobben    (USA)

Classic Plus

Flight 929 from Trenton to Detroit yesterday. After hearing a number of bad comments I had very low expectations. They gave me an option of a food box which I liked. Had a small TV in front of my seat. Flight attendants were funny and very nice. Seats were comfortable.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  8 June 2013 by Meg Shropshire    (USA)

Classic Plus

The worst airline I've flown. My flight got changed 7 times. Each time it was a new reason why the flight time was changed. My flight was suppose to take off at 8am. Did not leave until 9pm. The service alone was enough to make me never want to fly with the airline again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  6 June 2013 by A Locke    (USA)

I flew from Columbus, Ohio to Trenton, New Jersey a few weeks ago, and had a good experience. I was worried because of the unfavourable reviews, but I was pleasantly surprised with the experience. Frontier is your typical "no-frills" airline. You do have to pay for a snack, but for the price I paid for the flight I wasn't complaining about that. The position of the seats was a tad uncomfortable, however my flight was short so it wasn't too much of a problem for me. The staff and flight attendants were helpful and friendly, and there were no delays on either flight. In fact, the return flight arrived early. In my opinion Frontier is a good value, and I would fly with them again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  3 June 2013 by Clay Wescott    (USA)

DCA to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Flights to Denver and one to Jackson Hole were on time. New, clean Airbus 319s. Friendly and helpful crew. Return flight from Jackson Hole left about 40 minutes late due to weather, but they held connecting flight in Denver, and arrival in DCA only 10 minutes late. Excellent experience.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  31 May 2013 by Arturo Adams    (USA)

I foolishly accepted a great rate flight forgetting you get what you pay for. Flight delayed from LAX to Denver 3.5 hours, upon arriving in Denver the staff were completely useless and preferred bad attitudes over customer service. The amount of misinformation received was nothing short of incredible. Management was useless. I will never fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  30 May 2013 by L Williams    (USA)

Friday 24 May 2013. Frontiers Denver flight was delayed 3 hours which caused me to miss my connection to Reagan Airport so an agent booked me on a United flight from Denver to Dulles. While at the gate I was told I needed to check my luggage because it may not fit in the overhead bin although my carryon luggage met the requirements of a carry on. Once I arrived in Denver I was told by a United agent that they no longer have a contract with Frontier and I was unable to board the plane. So while I did not board the United flight my luggage was on its way to Dulles. I then had to stay over night in Denver and pay for my own hotel. When I finally made it back to Oklahoma I was told my bag was located and it would be sent to my house. Received a call Tuesday 28 May 2013 stating my luggage was still at Dulles with United.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  28 May 2013 by Gene Bower    (USA)

Have no problems with Frontier except their seats. Horrible and I've flown over 60 flights with other airlines. Never had a seat that uncomfortable. The cushioning in the seats is terrible.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 May 2013 by M Watson    (USA)

Classic Plus

No huge gripe here, but it just seems Frontier has joined just about every other airline in the USA in their quest for uncomfortable mediocrity. My tray tables on each of 4 flights were filthy and the seats are very hard. "Classic Plus" gives you a few more inches of leg room, but little else. They will attempt to charge you for your complimentary beverage upgrade, and nobody on that aircraft will get any freebies, not even a tiny bag of pretzels. Don't expect a magazine (or even SkyMall) or any free TV/movie viewing. The in-flight credit card sales pitch is the icing on this cake of cheapskate tackiness.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 May 2013 by J Dekker    (USA)

Flew Frontier last week and had a horrible experience. On the way back, they were delayed 1 hour due to weather, even though looking at a radar of the entire US, there were no weather issues anywhere. Another staff member said it was an air traffic control delay where another said it was a TSA issue. They wouldn't hold our connecting flight for 5 minutes and we missed our flight. We had to wait 5 hours. Finally, they lost our luggage and I still don't have it back. I have yet to receive a phone call. It has now been 4 days since the flight.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 May 2013 by P Armani    (USA)

The planes were clean and the staff very nice. What I didn't like was they push for you to sign up for a Frontier Airlines Mastercard. They should be pushing you to get one of their cards in the Concourse / Gate Area that seems more comfortable to me than having the Flight Attendants doing it. The live TV service has gone up in price, didn't like that - they should have left the price alone.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 May 2013 by A Baronov    (USA)

New Orleans to Denver: heavy rain, flight delayed. Staff tell us we won't make our connection, so should go back, pay for our own hotel and try again tomorrow. We insist that we go to Denver now, they reluctantly concede, but take us off the connection flight, giving us tickets for next day. We should have insisted that we get the boarding passes for the connection, and then change those if we can't make it. Before departing, we call our travel agency, who tell us that there is a United flight with seats departing the same day, and Frontier was responsible for placing us on that. Onboard: staff start asking me where I'm going, then essentially grab my carry-on bag out of my hand to check it in. I explain that due to my short connection, my bag will almost certainly not make it, and ask to check for a space. They say no. I was shocked by their abruptness and rudeness. In Denver: our connection is delayed, and is boarding as we leave the plane. They won't let us on. After a phone call, staff at the gate decide to let us on. In Seattle: naturally, they didn't get my bag there on time. I had to get it myself the next day.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 May 2013 by D Milkano    (USA)

I've got no problem with the on-the-ground staff of Frontier. Most are hardworking, nice folks but I may never fly Frontier ever again due to their poor management making decisions. Thr overhead compartments wouldn't be extremely full if they didn't start charging to put bags under the plane years ago. Now, they will charge us to have a carry-on bag, for our own good, of course. Also, promo codes that their site say they are good for a certain time, they don't last until the time they say they are usable. That's just dishonest. All things considered, it's enough to push me away from ever wanting to fly them again. I'm happy to take my business elsewhere especially when other companies fares are identical. Why fly a dishonest airline that talks down to their customers?

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  11 May 2013 by V Williams    (USA)

Classic Plus

I will never fly frontier again, Trenton Airport customer service is horrible and they don't have someone to take your baggage down to security for you when you have an infant, a child to tend to and I also had my 90 year old grandmother with me who was in a wheelchair. When it was time to board the airplane they didn't have the walk way connected to the plane. They had to push my grandmother up on the ramp. We got to the door of the airplane they had my grandmother sitting in the middle seat, they had to change her seat 3 or 4 times. We just wanted to go to Orlando FL with my children but I will go to the Philadelphia Airport and get on United to make our next trip.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 May 2013 by G McGowan    (USA)

TTN-TPA round-trip. Booked 1 week in advance and paid under $200 round-trip, whereas US Airways and Southwest's fares were twice as much. Overall good value for money. In addition to the savings on airfare, I was able to park for free at the Trenton airport. Since the flights were full, we were given the opportunity to gate check our carry-ons and pick them up at baggage claim. This came in handy flying from TTN to TPA since I wouldn't have to carry my garment bag through the Tampa airport. But I would advise don't gate check carry-ons when flying into a small airport like Trenton. I had to wait in a cramped baggage claim for probably 30 minutes for my bag, no thanks to the ground crew taking their sweet time. As much as I don't like the Philadelphia airport, at least bags are going around the carousel by the time I get to baggage claim. Also although Frontier has DirecTV on the seat backs, if you get the lowest fare, you have to pay extra for it. And if you're thinking about purchasing snacks, you better have a credit or debit card because they don't accept cash.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  6 May 2013 by K Kurtz    (USA)

We had purchased 2 return tickets MDT (Harrisburg) to MCO (Orlando). Did online check-in 24 hr prior to takeoff at which time we purchased and paid for Frontier's Stretch seating. Selected a middle for myself and window for son who is over 6 ft tall. They called our name and boarded us first before all other passengers. My extra charge stretch seat became awful when Frontier determined the seat (aisle) next to me was the only place that would accommodate a "double wide" passenger. Their term, not mine. They wheeled the passenger in and we spent 2 hours skin to skin with me unable to move. There would have been absolutely no way to access the screen controls. We also were unable to get out for bathroom use or for any other reason. I understand we all have different body types and sizes, but it's unfair for me to pay extra for more room, yet getting the worst possible seat on the plane. I will never pay for "stretch" seating on Frontier, I won't be flying with them again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  5 May 2013 by S Hawes    (USA)

This is the worst airline ever. Only use them if you are desperate, and if you are plan to have a terrible experience. I have taken hundreds of flights, good and bad, and Frontier is one I will never take again. I've only used them three times, but each time they have been delayed. I mean 20 minute delay, fine, but each flight has been delayed over an hour and usually close to two. One was weather related and okay of course that happens, but other times there has been no excuse. And when I have talked to them on the phone they give no information for why its delayed! I've only taken this airline because it flies into an airport right by my parents so its easier when I go to visit them, but Id much rather fly to Newark or JFK and take a train to my family! Lesson finally learned. But really Frontier get your stuff together.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  2 May 2013 by D Sale    (USA)

Our flight was changed to us air. Me and my wife 2 children 1 being an infant had seating together and select seating. We were moved to another flight seated apart, when there was an entire row above us for same price open. We were denied be able to have those seats and sit together. I had asked for a reason and none was given. I asked to speak to the air manager. What kind of business downgrades their customers to a worse seating arrangement when its the companies problem they had to move our flight? We also had to pay the baggage fee difference. Customer service was horrible I will have to say I would never book a flight with Frontier Airlines again and would gladly pay more to another airline that would accommodate their customers.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 April 2013 by S Miller    (USA)

This airline could not provide a flight-crew for a flight from Kansas City to Boston so the flight was cancelled. We were then transferred to a flight to LaGuardia. We got to LaGuardia and had to switch terminals to the flight which was a US Airways flight with the rest of the people from our original flight. We got to the terminal and the flight had left and all other services to Boston had finished. We were told to go the baggage claim and take a bus to a hotel. Our bags had made it on the US Airways flight. We could not find the bus due to terrible communication skills between the passengers and the staff. However, one very nice flight attendant on the flight to New York stepped outside the job description and helped passengers personally.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2013 by W Roberts    (USA)

We were pleased with our flight from Chicago to Denver and Denver to Las Vegas. I wish they had told us ahead of time that the seats in front of the emergency door don't recline. Our son has to have a reclining seat and we were not told about this prior to purchasing our tickets.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2013 by J Drazek    (USA)

LaGuardia-Denver-Phoenix. Incoming plane to LGA was delayed for mechanical reasons. Plane to DEN therefore left the gate 2 hours late. Sat on the Tarmac another hour and a half because of a fast moving storm. We all missed our flights out of DEN. Frontier denied responsibility for the delay secondary to the weather. Clearly, if the incoming plane to LGA, had been on time, we would have left ahead of the storm and made it to our destination. I waited in line in Denver for an hour and a half to speak with the customer service agent, who gave me incorrect information. I was finally booked on a flight leaving early the next morning to San Diego, way out of my way, with a transfer to PHX. Spent a sleepless night in Denver airport and got home 24 hours after the start of my journey.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2013 by C Demarest    (USA)

Trenton to Orlando. I flew with my husband and my 2 young boys. Check in took a little while because there was only 2 girls at the counter. Security check did not take long but was thorough. The plane was on the smaller side but not any smaller than Spirit Airlines planes. The seats are a little smaller than your Continental airline seats. If you are a larger person and don't like tight spaces, don't fly Frontier or Spirit airlines. Flight out was on time, some turbulence, mostly smooth. Flight back was about an hour behind, but made up some time in the air. The attendants were nice. Cleanliness as average. I found some trash in the pocket seat in front of me. We had no problems with Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 April 2013 by David Lyons    (Canada)

Denver to Spokane (March '13). We were put in the back seats that don't recline at all. The space to the seat in front of us was so close to us that ii even blocked our reading light. The stewardesses were sympathetic but apparently couldn't offer us the empty 'stretch' seats unless we paid an extra 25 dollars. The stewardess said the 'stretch seats' had actually created the lack of leg room between other seats. Frontier should not have back seats that are so cramped and certainly shouldn't be charging full price for them. While giving the usual free beverages, we found it very cheap and tacky that Frontier doesn't even give a bag of pretzels. To have to pay for even music channels is very poor for customer relations.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  25 March 2013 by M Bennek    (USA)

Booked a flight from MSP to DEN saved maybe 20 bucks on the flight. Started to taxi down the runway, there was a problem where they told us they need to run tests that will take 45 minutes. 2 hours later they removed us from the plane. 3 more hours of unknown and no communication. Finally they routed a plane from another location and I touched down at 1.15 (2.15 local). Then it came time to come home, my 3pm flight turned into the same thing, this time we never boarded though. I waited in the DEN airport for mechanical issues until we were boarded at 8.15. I spent over 10 hours in one weekend waiting for Frontier Airlines. I have $300 in useless vouchers from one weekend - you could not pay me to fly with them again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  22 March 2013 by M Grady    (USA)

I have flown Frontier twice in the last month. Both times the flight was delayed until it was later cancelled. The agents were very difficult to work with and did not provide reasonable accommodations. On the first flight, I had to purchase a Delta flight or wait 2 to 3 days to get to my destination with no weather issues at the origin or destination airport. Today, a Thursday, I was turned away in Minneapolis and told they could not get me to a wedding in San Diego by Saturday. Given no alternatives in either case. Neither was acceptable and I will not fly this carrier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 March 2013 by K Phalen    (USA)

My outbound flights were both on time and I really have no complaints other than both planes smelt. My return was delayed and after asking to be rebooked the gate agent said everyone was going to make connecting flight. She was incredibly rude and did not want to help anyone. After missing my flight which I knew was going to happen it took over an hour to rebook me and half my flight missed connections. Frontier could not get me into OMA within the next 24 hours so I drove. I would never recommend flying Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 March 2013 by S Wolf    (USA)

Have flown Frontier 3 times now, each time seems to be a little worse. Just got back from a Florida trip via Harrisburg, PA. Going down there was a problem with a seat, late leaving. Coming back same problem, sat onboard for one hour waiting for a seat to be fixed. My tickets were bought 3 months in advance, and they were high in price, one month before the flight they were 1/2 the price. So, buying early isn't always the best way to go. Wanted to buy a snack, they were out, so made another choice, they were out - this was the first flight of the day. Cheaper isn't always better.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  6 March 2013 by B Zimbelman    (USA)

I checked in online the night before, but did not have my boarding pass. I also was not checking any bags. I made it to the ticketing/baggage check counter right at 45 minutes before the flight time. I was told that I could not check in. Rather than wait in line, I remembered seeing signs that you could get through security using your smart phone. I verified this with the agent before I went through security. Unfortunately, I only had the pdf document downloaded to my phone, and that was not sufficient. I needed to have the little speciality square that these smart phones can read. I had to return to ticketing to change my flight because I was definitely going to miss the flight. Then I had to fly standby and hope I could get on a later flight. So my lack of knowledge regarding the scanning/smart phone procedures did me in, but it all started when the first agent gave me bad information. The agent that finally provided me with a boarding pass verified that the 1st agent should have been able to issue the boarding pass - it was only checking in at that point that required her. In hindsight, I should have argued with the 1st agent or requested that he check with someone more experienced (or who was listening to me).

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2013 by D Gibbs    (USA)

We traveled recently on a trip that was American Airlines to our destination, but Frontier on our return. I have no complaints about the flight itself. We were delayed due to necessary de-icing, but the captain and flight attendants kept us informed and we were grateful to arrive at our final destination only a couple hours late. My only complaint would be that they don't know how to seat people, we were in a group of 4 (2 couples) and they seated us all over the plane in middle seats between people who were traveling alone. We weren't allowed to pick our seats or change them so that even couples could sit together. I just feel that if you book your trip early enough as we did, there should be no excuse for such a terrible job of seating us.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  20 February 2013 by James Musgrove    (USA)

Booked our trip in Sep and paid for preferred seating. When we checked in at the ticket counter we were told that our seats that we prepaid for we're reserved for other customers and we were given seats further back. On the flight the seats we had paid for sat empty. While onboard I turned on my light to get a drink and the attendant said I would have to wait while she and another attendant stood in the front and had their drinks and snacks, an hour later she came by and wanted to know if we wanted anything. Would not waste my money on such poor service.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2013 by Garey Maietta    (USA)

Classic Plus

Return round-trip from Ft. Lauderdale to Trenton-Mercer, NJ airport was a disaster. We had a return flight for Monday 2/10/13 at 6.40pm - they delayed the flight to 8.50pm, then to 11.30pm then at 12.30am cancelled flight. They advised that they could book us on a flight back Friday - 5 days later! The flight Wednesday was fully booked. We asked that that they put us on another airline on Tuesday but they would only refund our fare. It ended up costing us double since we had to get one way tickets at the last minute on another airline. We had to fly into Newark airport and then arrange transportation back to our car in Trenton. We will never fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2013 by Ben Foley    (USA)

All flights departed on time, and either landed early or on time. The second flight, DEN to IND, was the best of all - one flight attendant knew my son loved the Frontier animals, so he looked for some cards with the animals listed. He gave the whole family free headphones to watch TV for the rest of the flight. If the need arises to travel to DEN again, I will definitely choose Frontier Airlines.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  12 February 2013 by Donald Smith    (USA)

Kansas City-Denver-Colorado Springs return, 1-30-13 return 2-4-13. No problems on first leg, but flight from Den to COS was late nearly 2 hours as originating flight from Minot, ND was delayed due to mechanical. Return flight, COS flight pushed back and stayed on tarmac for 30 minutes as one engine could not be started. Eventually corrected and just barely made connecting flight to MCI. Again no problems on the Denver to Kansas City flight.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  31 January 2013 by Michael King    (USA)

My daughter and I flew from Newport News to Denver and on to LAX on Jan 25 2013. Although both flights were enjoyable, the first leg was particularly well managed by the flight crew. One of the passengers, a lady with a small child, 15 months old, was doing an admirable job of keeping the little girl happy. On a 4.5 hour flight, this is a nearly impossible task. After serving drinks, an FA spent a good deal of time occupying the little ones time. As a parent myself and remembering what traveling with little ones could be like, I am sure the mother of this child was very appreciative.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2013 by I Jennings    (USA)

Classic Plus

We paid for classic plus going from KC to Denver and stretch on the return. You get 36" of legroom but the seats were flat and uncomfortable, at least for my back! On both flights, we took off around 40 mins late with no apology or explanation. The flight attendants, looked tired and were unfriendly. The check in staff were just as bad. Frontier needs to improve its customer service. A shame as they are good value.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 January 2013 by Mike Rollins    (USA)

Unacceptable service for our charter 12/23/12 to Punta Cana, from Chicago, and again back, on 12/30-31/12. In brief, 3 flights from O'Hare on 12/23, all delayed several hrs, flight to Montego Bay was cancelled, all because none of the crews were complete. They knew this was going to happen and never notified any of us. Offered no info, or help. Coming back, we waited 2 hrs at Punta Cana airport, then flight cancelled.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 January 2013 by L Zimmerman    (USA)

December 2012, round trip between Madison, WI and Washington, DC. The planes were up-to-date and the seats very comfortable. The service was superb at check-in, gate, and through the flight. Crew were organized and friendly. A nice touch was the raising of the cabin lights during beverage service. Many food items were available for sale. We didn't buy any, but liked that there were options. Flights were comfortable and calm.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  2 January 2013 by C Prudhon    (USA)

We flew on Christmas Day from Madison to DCA (Reagan). It left 2 hours late. Return flight on 12/30/2012 left 4 hours late. Seemed to be a problem in gathering crew for the flight. Unprofessional appearance and very casual attitude. Here in Wisconsin we like having the option for a non-stop from Madison to Washington, DC, but the service is terrible. Hope I can find another way.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  2 January 2013 by L Angus    (USA)

Classic Plus

Flew round trip from Ft Myers to Denver 12/12. Flight out was no problem. Return flight - flight listed as on time on the screens, but we boarded over 30 minutes late. No announcement made that explained when we would be boarding, the reason for the delay, or any kind of apology or assurance. Asked to check our carryon bags at the gate, which was not a problem except that my companion was not given the receipt from her bag check. The agent said she would be right back with the tag, never returned, and when my friend asked the attendant, she was sent to the front of the plane and told by the gate agent that there was no way they could find the receipt. During the flight, we experienced strong turbulence, no acknowledgement was made by the flight attendants or by the pilot over the intercom system. We don't plan to fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  31 December 2012 by R Robinson    (USA)

We left Seattle late, but the gate and flight crew told us that the connection in Denver for my flight to Orlando would wait for us. Flight was pleasant and the air crew good. However, the plane did not wait and no flights available until tomorrow. To add insult to injury, they lost my bag.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  31 December 2012 by Dani Stellmach    (USA)

Delayed over 2 hours. None of it related to weather issues. It was because we were short a stewardess for our flight and we had to wait for them to arrive from another city. My first and last time my children and I fly Frontier Airlines. Completely unacceptable.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  31 December 2012 by Kelcie Devitt    (USA)

Virginia to California in economy. They checked in all of the classic plus customers before checking in a single Economy customer. I and many others nearly missed our flights because of this. Once I actually got to my plane to make the 5 hour trip I realized once again because I was an economy passenger I then had to pay for movies! There's was no entertainment either direction, which made for an even worse experience. On my way back to Virginia I had a lay over in Denver and realized my original flight Id bought from Colorado to Virginia was no longer in service and I had a 6 hour layover. I was never notified of the cancellation and this just confirmed that I will never fly with them again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  28 December 2012 by Jeff Morgan    (USA)

Had an emergency flight back to Ohio. I left Albuquerque in bad weather but was reassured by Albuquerque Frontier staff that I would be able to catch the next flight back to Ohio. Frontier airlines in Denver knew that we would not be able to make the connection and told me that the Albuquerque Frontier station frequently tells customers that they will be able to make connections that are not possible in an effort to get them out of Albuquerque to be someone else's problem. I had the 'pleasure' of sleeping in the Denver airport overnight because staff in Denver said that they were not liable for putting me up in a hotel.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  25 December 2012 by Lori Kasten    (USA)

My 2 older children had a flight from DIA to Grand Rapids and they sat in the airport for 6 hours before Frontier cancelled the flight. The were rebooked for the following morning. We arrived at 6 am flight just to be informed that flight was cancelled. We received no compensation or upgrades for the inconvenience. They rebooked us for what was our original 2 hour flight tomorrow to fly 4 hours to Houston, 3 hour layover and then another 4 hours to Detroit - not their airport of origin. I have 4 children returning 12/28 on Frontier, what are the chances they will all make it?

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  20 December 2012 by J Steel    (USA)

Classic Plus

My wife and I flew Frontier on a whim since it was our honeymoon and they offered a non-stop flight. The flight to our destination was uneventful, even pleasant. On the return, the ticket staff were incredibly rude. We paid additional for the both of us to sit together in the middle of the aircraft however when we arrived we were seated at opposite ends of the plane. After spending an hour trying to get the issue resolved we had to resign ourselves to the back of the plane negating the extra money we spent for preferred seating.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  20 December 2012 by Debra Miller    (USA)

Awful experience, ticket agent was very rude. Our flight had been moved to another day without notifying us, the ticket agent said it was not his problem and we needed to contact the other airlines to find a flight to Orlando. He finally did find us a flight on American and it was already boarding so we had to run to catch the plane, our option to fly home was stay an extra day in Orlando, which we could not do or fly from Orlando to Denver to Madison, WI which we had to do. Fly another airline.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2012 by D Lorett    (USA)

We flew to Puna Canta. Attendants were friendly and attentive, we were celebrating our 50th anniversary, and enjoyed the trip there and back. Impressed with the cleanliness of the bathrooms, and the room in them. Hope to fly them again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  6 December 2012 by A Vonne    (USA)

Depending on which rules they choose to enforce, you can never be assured that you will be granted access to their boarding process. I am a young woman with a certified disability. I live 4 hours from Oklahoma airport and, after waiting on the check in line, presented my travel documents 4 minutes late according to their boarding rules. I was not allowed to check in for my scheduled flight. I was re-routed to an intermediary city where I had to spend the night before catching a flight to my final destination. Do not fly this airline, especially if you have children or special needs!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  3 December 2012 by Brian Robinson    (USA)

Classic Plus

Booked one way GSO-MCO Nov 26th. Few minutes late leaving and arriving, but no problem. Cabin staff friendly and competent. Plane clean and IFE working. Thanks Frontier for bringing low cost, full size plane service to GSO.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  2 December 2012 by Jacon Chun    (USA)

Very disappointed with Frontier Airlines service on our trip out to visit family for Thanksgiving. They did not make traveling with two young children easy (1 toddler, 1 infant). We selected seats together, at the airport we could not sit together because we didn't pay the extra $5 fee for the opportunity to select seats. So we pay the upgrade for the 1st leg of our flight, but they keep us in separate rows and seats for the second leg. With a 2.5 year old and an 8 month old we're all going to sit in separate seats? I highly dissuade any families from using Frontier. We flew home on United and had no problems whatsoever sitting together.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  2 December 2012 by D Jablonski    (USA)

I had a combined round-trip ticket, flying American from Tulsa to Denver, then Frontier to Minneapolis; coming back was the reverse, Frontier out of Minneapolis then American to Tulsa. It was ticketed through American. Flying to Minneapolis was fine, because I didn't really have to interact with checking in at Frontier. However, the return was horrible. I arrived at the airport later than I planned, but still had a half hour before takeoff when I tried to check in at the Frontier counter. The attendant wouldn't let me check in because he said I wouldn't make it in time. I had a half hour but he wouldn't even let me try. I asked if there was anything he could do, and he said no. Other airlines have been known to call the gate, tell them the passenger was on the way, and ask them to hold the plane. But not Frontier. He was also unwilling to help me get on a later flight because "it's ticketed through American, let them help you". I went to the American desk. They were very friendly and tried to help. However, it would cost $150 to change my ticket and fly from Minneapolis with them, so they suggested I go back to the Frontier desk and ask them to sign my ticket over to American. The attendant would not help me, and rudely said it was my fault because I was late. But he finally said they could put me on standby on the next plane which would leave 4 hours later, but said it was full so my chances weren't good. I went back to American, and paid my $150. From now on I will pay a little more to deal with a friendly, helpful person.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  30 November 2012 by Michelle Ratcliff    (USA)

We were supposed to leave on a 1.12 flight to Denver and our plane had started boarding when an announcement was made that there may be an aircraft change. There was - the plane headed to Harrisburg directly across from our gate started deboarding and got on our plane and took off. Here we sit, 3 hours after we were supposed to leave with another 5 hour wait before we can leave. What I don't understand is why we had to sacrifice our plane and time for the folks going to Harrisburg. It's a huge inconvenience. We will never fly with Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  26 November 2012 by T Rowland    (USA)

Classic Plus

Flew Frontier 3 times this week (Denver to Phoenix, 11/16, Phoenix to Denver 11/17, and Denver to Dallas 11/24). This was the first time I had used this carrier. Not a single flight left on time, average delay on each flight was 2-3 hours (always blamed on mechanical delays). I understand being delayed once in a while but 3 out of 3? Also, staff (from the baggage checker to flight attendants) were grouchy and the customer service reps essentially told me too bad (never once apologized for the inconvenience). I fly a fair amount (20+ times per year) and have been on almost all major US carriers, this one takes the cake as the worst!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 November 2012 by N McCabe    (USA)

I flew from Austin, TX to Portland, OR changing both ways in Denver, CO. On all 4 planes the aisles were so narrow that it was difficult to even enter the plane. The planes seem to have been changed from 5-seat rows to 6-seat rows and additional rows added. This meant that the seats were so close together that the experience was like being a sardine in a can. When the stewards were passing out drinks on one flight, they parked the cart by my row and served the whole plane from there. When the passenger in front of me lowered their seat, they were in my lap. Never again will I fly Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 November 2012 by Susan Baker    (USA)

Will never fly Frontier again. Was on 4 different flights and were only greeted twice by flight attendants. Made arrangements in April for a November trip and had no choice of seats at reservation time only to be told at check in you will get your seat at the gate. Gate staff were rude. We had a first time flyer with us and nicely asked if she could be seated with one of us so she wasn't alone. Only to be told we were lucky to be on this flight. The 4 of us were separated on all the flights we were on. When you're flying for over 3 hours it would be nice to sit with someone you know.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  22 October 2012 by A Mark    (USA)

Denver to Dayton to visit family in Ohio. Have flown Frontier many times before, staff have always been courteous and apart from when I've flown home in the winter, the flights have been on time. I have a direct flight, so don't know about connecting flights.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 October 2012 by D McLeay    (Canada)

Flew from Orange County to Detroit with a stop in Denver. Boarding in Orange County was fine, was seated at the very back of the plane which I hate but that is the luck of the draw. Flight started with flight attendant saying the TV system was broken for the flight . Beverage cart came around giving us a shot glass of Pop. Landed in Denver 15 minutes late. Only had 15 minutes to catch my next flight which was 7 minute away from gate to gate. Being at the very back of the plane killed another 5 minutes. We rushed (with no assistance from the airlines) to our connecting flight and was made to feel like it was our fault when arriving at the next plane for holding up the flight. Never even looked at our boarding passes just ordered us on the plane. Why would they put us at the very back of the plane on the first flight when we had a tight connection like that. I booked over a month in advance. Second flight to the very back of the plane again. Air did not work in our seats and when asked attendant about it, she brushed it off, in addition the seats do not go back when you are in the last row which made it tight. Then the TV came on and was disappointed we had the pay $5.99 if we wanted to watch it. Overall very uncomfortable flight with rude attendants. I flew AA a week earlier and had a great experience.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  5 October 2012 by Nola M Wellman    (USA)

Even though I booked round trip tickets with Frontier, I never once got on an actual plane, the departing flight was cancelled altogether, and the return flight was delayed so long that the connection would have been impossible to make. Making matters worse, I was flying to my sister's wedding in California from Michigan and could not afford to wait for following day, much less trust that it would go. So they rebooked myself and my daughter on a flight from Detroit to Washington/Dulles, then after hurrying to the connecting gate, we flew clear across the continental US, something like 5 straight hours. Not much fun, to say the least. Coming home we were forced to layover an extra day, so my 5 day trip turned into a six day trip, with three days spent entirely at airports. As far as this review goes, I can't give an opinion because I never got on their plane! My sister booked my niece on the same flight, so the same thing happened to her, except they rebooked her on US Airways and she flew from DTW to Phoenix, but never made her connection to California.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 September 2012 by S Carlson    (USA)

I will never fly Frontier again. The staff were rude and made us very uncomfortable. They were not helpful at the baggage check in, this was in PHX on the morning of Sep 12th. On our connecting flight going to Nashville, one of the flight attendants snapped at me when I asked where the restroom was. Their lack of customer service made my experience lousy. On our way back, we took United Airlines. Totally different.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  12 September 2012 by S Kelsey    (USA)

Overall, I was very satisfied. Online booking was smooth, I had no problems boarding and the flight left and arrived on time in Denver. I flew from Salt Lake to Little Rock to visit family, and I might have to push my return date out, so I am curious as to how smooth that will go. The drinks on flight were a small cup with ice, the food was expensive and so were alcoholic drinks, so I refrained from those. I would recommend this flight and would also add that more leg room would be nice.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  10 September 2012 by A Miller    (USA)

My flight to Colorado Springs with connection at Denver was delayed which in turn made me miss my connection flight. They showed no empathy towards my situation but were rude in suggesting that the only option was to fly the next day at 8 am. We were told that they were holding flights when in fact my connection flight left 7 minutes earlier than suppose to. This is the last time I fly Frontier. I was told by another flyer that this happens way to frequent and he was driving from Denver to Colorado Springs. This was my first time flying alone to this airport. They have made this a bad experience. This airline needs to get their act together.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2012 by Gowri Rangarajan    (USA)

I was travelling with my 4 year old. My flight to Portland with connection at Denver was delayed 3 hours. First they said it was due to weather but then they said it was a mechanical problem with the flight. I was to miss my connection at Denver. They showed no empathy towards my situation but were rude in suggesting that the only option was to either stay back at Denver or fly the next day at 9 am. The next day they were so fuzzy about my baggage being overweight by 1 pound - the same bag they checked in yesterday but had to get back due to flight delay. They made me remove stuff from my bag and finally they lost my bag. Staff at Portland responsible for baggage claim was impossible. I am still waiting for my baggage to arrive and I am hoping I would get it back.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2012 by Michael Little    (Australia)

Portland-Denver-Jackson Hole in A320/A319. Smooth online booking, online check-in and bag drop, Flights on time and the service efficient. Seats in the cheapest part of the plane offered as much legroom as premium airlines' Economy. A non-alcoholic drink was served on each leg (no free snack). The hub at Denver was quite crowded and busy. Luggage took a long time to be unloaded at Jackson Hole. Overall a good experience.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 August 2012 by A Gipson    (USA)

I arrive at the airport 2 hours ahead of time to find the Frontier line out of the door. There were two extremely slow agents and a slew of broken kiosks. After an hour in line, I finally got through security to find out my flight was delayed. Because of this, I would miss my connecting flight. Frontier rebooked me on one of their later itineraries - one that would get in 3 hours 17 minutes later than my original itinerary. Even though there was other flights available on other carriers, I was booked on this flight. After doing some research on Frontiers website, I found Frontier's policy about controllable flights. "If we can't get you on a Frontier flight scheduled to arrive within three hours of your original itinerary, we'll do our best to arrange for you to fly on another available carrier or combination of carriers with whom we have agreements." After bringing this to the attention of the agent at the gate, I was booked on another connecting flight on another airline. Then I found out our original flight was cancelled so I would miss my new connecting flight. While standing in line at the gate trying to rebook my flight I was told I had to go back to the ticketing counter to do so. I had been standing in this line for 45 minutes already. I proceeded back through security and waited in another line for an hour and a half line to try to rebook to get on a new flight. I cannot believe an airline could be so incompetent. I feel that it is ridiculous that I have to go on Frontier's website and show it to Frontier agents in order for anything to happen.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 August 2012 by K Naganathan    (USA)

I flew to Portland, OR from NYC via Denver. Outbound trip was great. On the way back on DEN-LGA leg of the journey the pilot made an emergency landing in Indianapolis. The next 16 hours is a case study in trying to buy off customers for poor quality service. Instead of having enough people on the ground to service the accommodation of 150+ passengers, the airline effectively paid the passengers to struggle through the limited resources available on the ground in Indianapolis to assist them. I ended up sleeping the night in a cold airport lounge and slogged through multiple re-scheduling of the continuation of my trip from Indianapolis to NYC. I tore up the $400 airline voucher I got for the inconvenience.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  8 August 2012 by T Ravindranath    (USA)

We (5 people) travelled from GEG to DEN on 08/03/12. I was travelling with my disabled daughter in a wheelchair. During reservation I had already informed them that my daughter is in a wheelchair and cannot walk. We checked in online and after going through security, arrived at gate C32. After the gate agent arrived, I reminded her that we need an aisle chair. She said that as per 'normal' Frontier procedure, when travelling with a wheelchair passenger, I should have checked in at the counter and not online. I never saw this instruction on their website. She also mentioned that they can deny us boarding for not doing that. I did complain about this to the airline and they rewarded me the with a whopping $25 certificate per passenger that can only be used for 'future' travel on this customer un-friendly airline. Frontier provides only complementary beverage, no food.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 July 2012 by D Coan    (USA)

I just returned from a trip with Frontier Airlines and I hope it is the last time I need to travel with them. Unlike other reviewers we were not offered a cookie with our drink. We had a delay of 6 hours which was not Frontier's fault, however, people were tired. A nice gesture would have been to offer flyers a whole can of Pepsi, not just the usual half ice and half drink that all airlines offer, after the wait was over. Instead we had one steward who was not rude, but obviously tired. Frontier, like most airlines, does charge. Their term for this is "excess baggage" when you check it in. It's not excess, it's your luggage bag. However, what I was amazed about was Frontier staff kept announcing before the flight that the flight was full and you should check your roll-on baggage before boarding. In both cases where I saw this done many people did check their roll ons, and there was lots of space in the overhead bins. This was a DC to Denver, to Billings, MT round trip.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 July 2012 by J Bunnell    (USA)

Classic Plus

All in all, pretty good experience. Flights were on time, check in was smooth as were the flights. Flight attendants were great. The only cons were the planes were small and cramped, especially on the Denver to Spokane leg. We paid extra for Classic Plus and felt like our knees were under our chins, undoubtedly due to the aircraft type and the fact that three seats were squeezed into an area probably meant for two. We were shoulder to shoulder in the three row seating and both of us are small and thin. I imagine it would be even more miserable for people who are normal sized or a little overweight. It wasn't as bad on our return flight, but it wasn't full and we had an empty seat in our row. The saving grace for Frontier, at least as far as we were concerned, was the courtesy of the staff at the airports and the personable flight attendants.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  16 July 2012 by Michael Rosenzweig    (USA)

SEA-DEN-OKC-DEN-OKC. Overall, service was really good. Had a huge delay from DEN-OKC due to crew scheduling issues, but other 3 legs were on time. Food selection was adequate for these flight duration's, but the aircraft interiors need to be refreshed. With that said, seats on 3 of the 4 legs were uncomfortable due to high wear and tear. IFE was not free like Virgin America or JetBlue. It's terrible how the US airlines are charging for everything now, it's getting ridiculous.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  25 June 2012 by Stephen G Sweet    (USA)

Classic Plus

Flight: In last month. Just returned last night to Anchorage. I used my Early Returns miles and took my family to ATL via DEN. All aspects of our trip were great on Frontier. We did takeoff 40 minutes late from DEN on our return but somehow managed to arrive 20 min's early into Anchorage. The planes were fine, the service excellent and staff attitudes were quite positive. No problems and no complaints! I will fly them again soon!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 June 2012 by J Marley    (USA)

Flew from La Guardia to Denver. Flight took off 40 minutes late, but otherwise a pretty pleasant experience. Newish Airbus with comfortable leather seats, decent legroom and direct TV screens in seatbacks. Crew was OK but unremarkable. I'd fly them again and consider them one of the better options in my market.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  12 June 2012 by Frank Earnest    (USA)

I purchased a round trip Minneapolis to Santa Barbara 4 months in advance. I did not specifically look at the aisle seating I was assigned and 3 out of 4 legs I was seated just in front of the exit row and could not recline my seat (Row 10). 3 out of 4 legs were on an Embraer 190 which is a nice plane, but no storage. Last leg on Airbus 320 had the most cramped seating I've experienced. They gate checked my bag half way through boarding, letting the last 20 folks bring on their bags. When I asked the flight attendant what was going on, she said they "pre-emptively" gate check bags when they have few checked bags for a full flight. Bottom line is that Frontier is not customer friendly. They will survive on price alone, and they won't get my business unless I'm desperate.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  3 April 2012 by R Sung    (USA)

LIR (Costa Rica)-DEN-LAX. Sat on the runway in CR for a 1.5 hours, due to "paperwork issues". They wouldn't let us on our connecting flight (we made it 30 mins before departure) stating our luggage wouldn't make it on. They rebooked us to a United flight, who charged us for luggage. Not a pleasant experience - will never fly them again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  2 April 2012 by C Schmidt    (USA)

Classic Plus

Flew round trip from Minneapolis to Las Vegas via Denver. Staff very friendly and the overall experience was fantastic. I recommend upgrading to Classic Plus - it is well worth the extra money!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  30 March 2012 by R Wind    (USA)

Flew roundtrip from Denver to San Diego return to Denver. Staff were friendly, helping us with checking baggage. Boarding was easy, boarded early due to no carry on bags. Flight staff friendly and efficient trying to get everyone's carry on bags stored. Seats were comfortable and had plenty of room. The TV was good, had to pay for it but it was affordable. All of our bags made it to our destination. The return trip to Denver was just as pleasant, the plane not very full so attendants let us change seats.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  27 March 2012 by M Moore    (USA)

ATL-DEN. Arrived on time, however the boarding ramp would not work so had to wait 30 min for technicians to fix it before we could exit the plane. On the return DEN-ATL we sat on the runway for an hour because the plane had a malfunction. Finally unloaded off the plane, just to be told to wait for another to arrive in 30 min. We arrive in ATL airport to find out the shuttles have been shut down for the night and that we would have to take buses to the baggage claim. Total delay 3 hours!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  24 March 2012 by J Smith    (USA)

My flight from DCA-MKE was delayed 1.5 hrs. In MKE, my flight to DFW was cancelled due to the fact that they did not have any staff available. There were only 10 seats available on flights going to DFW for the next 2 days. Overall, the worst flying experience I have had. My first and last time using this carrier.