Freebird Airlines Passenger Reviews and Freebird Airlines Customer Trip Reports

PAGE:   1 | 2 |

Freebird Airlines customer travel guide

Freebird Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

Freebird Airlines Lounge Reviews

Freebird Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by F Crinall    (UK)

Recently flew to Antalya with Freebird and returned to Gatwick a week later. Having read some of the reviews before travelling, I was unsure what to expect. There was limited leg room but no worse than other charter airlines I have flown with. The information provided during flight was adequate and understandable. Tea, coffee or water were provided free of charge. We didn't purchase any food so cannot comment on this. On the return journey my husband was taken ill shortly after take off and the cabin crew could not have been more helpful. They remained very attentive during the entire flight especially the two female crew at the rear of the cabin. Both flights were on time and otherwise uneventful.

Freebird Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Jeanette Lowe    (UK)

To Izmir. My husband is 6. 2" tall and I am 5.10". We could not believe it when we sat down, my husband could not get his legs in the seat space he had to spend the whole journey out with knees in the aisle. Coming back yesterday we made sure our cases went on the bus last so we could grab them quick on arrival and head the queue to get an exit seat, which we did and it was much more comfortable. We didn't eat anything so can't comment on that. Would never travel with them again. We have done lots of travelling and it is the leaat leg room we have had. The flight was on time both ways.

Freebird Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by D Huntingford    (UK)

Flew to Turkey return with Freebird, never again. They get away with the minimum seat depth by having a cut out in the seat in front. I am average height and build but my knees were tight up against the seat in front even though I sat right back in my very upright seat. Extremely uncomfortable. Fancy something to eat or drink? Don't bother both are revolting unless you buy water as there is no free water.

Freebird Airlines Customer review :  31 October 2014 by I Cornerstone    (UK)

I was unfortunate enough to use this Airline as part of a package deal to Turkey. The seats were in a poor state of repair and loose. I am sure that there was no cushioning material in either of the seats that I sat in. The leg room was absolutely appalling with my knees poking into the seat in front and I am only 5' 7"! The food was expensive and of poor quality plastic chicken and the Tuna Sandwich was no better. The Cabin staff spoke in heavy accented English which was difficult to understand. Freebird claim to be a young airline but you still can't use a credit card on board.

Freebird Airlines Customer review :  11 April 2014 by J Spencer    (UK)

I flew from Manchester to Antalya on 2nd April 2014 and returned a week later. Not having previously heard of the airline and being 6'4" tall with commensurate leg length, I decided to read the reviews and found them to be rather depressing on the whole. I tried to reserve a seat with additional leg length, but was unable to do so due to company policy. My concerns (mainly caused by the reviews) were not realised as I requested and was provided with suitable seating on both the outward and return journeys. All staff were extremely pleasant and courteous. Free soft drinks and a sandwich was provided. The plane appeared to be fairly new with leather seating, so all I would say to those like me who read the reviews before making their first journey with the airline is to accept this as a fair and balanced report and ignore the more sensationalist reviews that I read prior to departure.

Freebird Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Helen Calow    (UK)

I flew to Antalya and back with Freebird in March 2014. Having read bad reviews I was expecting the worst. However, I was very pleasantly surprised. The legroom was adequate for all except exceptionally tall people. Drinks and a very edible cheese and tomato roll were provided for no additional payment. We were kept well informed of our progress throughout the flight and the cabin staff spoke good English and could not have been more pleasant or helpful. Altogether it was a more pleasant experience than I have experienced with some better known airlines. I would certainly fly with Freebird again.

Freebird Airlines Customer review :  18 March 2014 by James Drennan    (UK)

Birmingham to Antalya return, 5 and 12 March 2014. I can only repeat what others have said. Leg room minimal, I took my shoes off as usual on a plus 2 hour flight and couldn't reach them again until the other seats were vacated. The cabin crew were good but the food was abysmal just a free cheese and something bap plus a free cold drink with coffee to follow. Couldn't understand the info from the flight deck. Only good thing, the flight was on time.

Freebird Airlines Customer review :  20 February 2014 by C Bartlett    (UK)

Just flown Glasgow to Antalya. Flight back went via Bristol, which we were not previously notified by travel agent. Seats were the tightest I have ever experienced, and I have flown all over the world. Food offered was very limited and very expensive. Was planning on taking friends but I would choose scheduled airline in future. Would not recommend this airline.

Freebird Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Hans Angreus    (Sweden)

I'm quite surprised about previous comments on leg room. I am a mere 1 meter 78 cms and I flew from Gothenburg to Antalya last week in an Airbus 320 with 30 rows. My back was firmly at the backrest while my knees was equally as firm against the forward backrest causing complains from that passenger feeling my knees in her back. Despite other service being ok I will never use Freebird again as long as current leg room is not improved. The rest of the Scandinavian party had the same complaint.

Freebird Airlines Customer review :  17 December 2013 by Jill Johnson    (UK)

Leg room abysmal. Food very expensive. Very uncomfortable flight from Gatwick to Antalya on 27th November 2013. In the middle seat of three it was dire.

Freebird Airlines Customer review :  29 October 2013 by Tony Boyle    (UK)

Just arrived in Edinburgh from Antalya, cramped space with no legroom at all, 2.80 for a can of coke is just taking it too far I spent 40 in drinks for three people! It was on time but the plane was old with very noisy toilets, mind you, In fairness, the staff do their best, no complaints there.

Freebird Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2013 by Pam Hendicott    (UK)

On entering the aircraft for a flight from Gatwick to Antalya we noticed it had not been well cleaned, there were papers and empty plastic bottles on the floor and under seats. This didn't inspire confidence. There were few meal options left, and 2 of the meal trays were not as shown in the brochure. We didn't hear from the captain at all (his English not up to it?) but the cabin crew were friendly and efficient. No inflight entertainment (but it didn't matter to me). Not enough leg room for my friend who was 5' 8". She had to sit diagonally.

Freebird Airlines Customer review :  10 October 2013 by David Blower    (UK)

Flew to Antalya for a holiday. Reduced leg room but quite a smooth flight. One criticism is the inflight magazine advertises bags of peanuts. 40g at 2 Euros the bags that arrive are 25g so felt a bit diddled!

Freebird Airlines Customer review :  3 October 2013 by K Wood    (UK)

Flight FHY608, 18/09/2013 to Antalya Turkey. Must be the aircraft with the least leg room we have ever experienced. Impossible to pick anything up if you dropped it! Very bad experience and will not fly with them again. They did leave and arrive on time though.

Freebird Airlines Customer review :  7 August 2013 by Sheila G Feeney    (UK)

6th August 2013 from Bodrum to Gatwick. Having read earlier reviews I was dreading it. Well, the staff were polite, helpful and professional. The seating was standard for a charter flight and as comfortable as any other I've travelled with. The food, hot chicken and rice was better than most and very tasty. I will most certainly use them again.

Freebird Airlines Customer review :  25 July 2013 by Stephan Petite    (Belgium)

BRU to AYT on a pretty old Airbus 321. Cabin crew were friendly, food below average. The flight was ok and on time but we couldn't understand the information given by the pilots. It was in very poor English. We decided not to use Freebird again on our next vacation. There are better airlines for the same fare.

Freebird Airlines customer review :  29 May 2013 by K Brown (UK)

Whilst our return flight from Dalaman to the UK with Freebird was punctual, there's not a lot else I can say for it. The staff (all female) could hardly speak English, they were rude and surly. In my opinion the staff could do with attending some customer service training courses and English lessons! There was a bad atmosphere on the plane the whole flight home, with many people unhappy about how they were being treated. Not the best way to end a lovely holiday in Turkey. We will not be using Freebird again - and we are frequent travellers to Turkey.

Freebird Airlines customer review :  17 April 2013 by Brian Schofield (UK)

We flew Gatwick to Antalya. Flight out was an hour late and food was a dry cheese sandwich, seats very tight. Return flight took off on time, then after an hour of flying round in circles were told we were returning to the airport. Left is a deserted part of the airport for 6 hours with little info, offered a burger king meal, finally took off some 6 hours late, but at least given a very tasty hot meal and this plane had more leg room. They seem to be a very budget airline and they don't inspire confidence in me.

Freebird Airlines customer review :  6 March 2013 by M Cuthbert (Scotland)

We were in row 30 going out to Antalya and row 28 on our return to Gatwick. Our knees were crushed against the seat in front. Every time the woman in front of me moved my back was forced against my seat. I am 5' 7". I dropped something and couldn't get down to pick it up. I am not overweight. My husband took ill during our stay. There were no spare seats to move to in the emergency exits on the return journey despite the steward suggesting we move when she saw our discomfort. Very disturbing.

Freebird Airlines customer review :  29 August 2011 by Mark Roef (Belgium)

Antalya to Brussels. Leg space is very small, food was not tasty. Cabin crew friendly and professional, speaking Flemish, French, English and Turkish. No delays and a good flight.

Freebird Airlines customer review :  19 July 2011 by T Berger (Belgium)

Brussels-Izmir. An extremely funny cockpit crew made announcements in English, French and Turkish. We departed 15min late due to 'heavy traffic' at Brussels airport and on the way to Turkey but landed right on time in Izmir. The A320 was clean, the cabin crew friendly and helpful. Meals ok and legroom as good/bad like every other charter company we use before. We would certainly fly with them again, a pleasant experience.

Freebird Airlines customer review :  4 April 2011 by A Eddie (Turkey)

Stockholm to Antalya A320, all leather seats but no extra leg room. Meal was tasty, dessert was perfect. Staff were friendly and smiling. Free non alcoholic drinks served. The magazine onboard was in German and English.

Freebird Airlines customer review :  3 January 2011 by Torunn Skifjeld (Norway)

We flew Antalya to Oslo in October 2010 with Freebird Airlines. Way too small space for legs, and very uncomfortable seats. The food was not tasty, the plane was not in the condition it should be, being filthy and worn.

FREEBIRD AIRLINES review :  13 May 2010 by J Kaptein (Netherlands)

Brussels to Bodrum and back, chartered by TUI on A321-200. No space for long legs, seat in front of us was broken and could not be put in upright position, which meant even less space for partner. Kids meal was cold, 2 very small drinks during a five hour trip as we landed in Izmir, before reaching Bodrum.

FREEBIRD AIRLINES review :  6 October 2009 by Alan Lacey (UK)

Gatwick to Dalaman return. Both flights on time. Comfortable, clean aircraft (allocated exit seats with no extra charge ). Immaculate crew were friendly and attentive and served a free meal which was enjoyable. No fuss and no hard sell of scratch cards - better than the average British charter airline.

FREEBIRD AIRLINES review :  22 September 2009 by G Van Nuffel (Belgium)

Brussels to Antalya (Turkey) and back in September chartered by TUI on an A321-200. Specially booked a seat at the emergency exit, worth the extra money, no seat in front of me for more than a meter. The flights were on time. The hot meal and drinks (1 soft drink + 1 coffee or tea) were extra to be booked and alright. Staff friendly, speaking English and Turkish of course. For satisfaction, I've rated Freebird while keeping in mind that these were charter flights.

FREEBIRD AIRLINES review :  10 August 2009 by R Foster (UK)

Booked on flight Gatwick to Dalaman on 1st August - flight was due to take off at 1025hrs. After being told very little for the next 12 hours, we took off at 0030hrs the next day. Plane clean, food ok and cabin crew fairly helpful. Was later told this happens quite a lot.

FREEBIRD AIRLINES review :  13 July 2009 by Sofie Belmans (Belgium)

Brussels to Antalya and back chartered for travel agency - believe it was an A321-200. I don't know who took the measurements to install the seats in that plane but I'm sure he had to be smaller then 1.50m. I never had so little leg space before. Even standard sized people had problems fitting between the seats. The food & drinks were adequate, staff were friendly.

FreeBird Airlines - by Fiona Robson

2 October 2005

We travelled from Bristol to Dalaman with FreeBird in Sept 05 for the first time and were very impressed by the service. Good seats & better leg room than other charter flight companies and efficient & friendly staff. Faster flight times than we had encountered before & they departed on time. Meals were adequate with free soft drinks. No entertainment was not a problem and on both legs of the flight we commented that they do not use the tannoy system to announce too much drivel that we always find on other charter flight. This was especially welcome on a 6am flight back to the UK when you are not being constantly woken by different announcements through out the flight thus enabling people to sleep. Will use again in the future in preference to other charter flights.

Free Bird Airlines - by Nick Bryan

8 June 2005

I have travelled with some of the big airlines before and I have to say Freebird Airlines were about the best. I travelled with them from Gatwick to Antalya and back over christmas and was very impressed, the 4 hours simply "flew" by. The food was very good, seat comfort was great, and legroom was also very good. I found the staff helpful and attentive. No entertainment on board but then I dont mind, there is so much to see out of the window. I would fly with them again given half the chance. The only thing I hope is that they keep flying, the last time I was able to rave about an airline (Duo) they went bust shortly after.

Free Bird Airlines - by John Dienn

11 May 2005

We found this airline to be very good on leg room with friendly crew. Meal was very tasty served with hot rolls and a soft drink followed by tea or coffee. There was one alcoholic drink service on the flight but they are more than willing to sell more if required. No entertainment, but that is no problem and as mentioned by other users the seats are comfortable. Will use again in july.

Free Bird Airlines - by Bob Ellis

25 April 2005

Turkish airline operating on the Manchester - Dalaman route. My recent flights were to Dalaman return. I found both flights to be very good quality from check in at Manchester to return back. The Turkish crew were polite and offered excellent service during the 4 hour flights, providing one paid alcoholic drinks service, and two free soft drinks service. The meals were plain but good quality, but served and removed quickly, not left on you laps for hours as in other charter airlines. There was no entertainment provided, but this was made up for by comfortable seats and more than adequate leg room for us taller passengers.

PAGE:   1 | 2 |