PAGE loading ... please wait!

FlyGlobespan Passenger Reviews and FlyGlobespan Customer Trip Reports

PAGE 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |

FLYGLOBESPAN review :  14 August 2008 : by S Finlay

4 Star Rating

Glasgow - Sanford. The outgoing flight was delayed by two hours, but these things happen, and staff kept us informed and were and apologetic. The seats were comfortable, and food good for airline food. Cabin crew friendly and very accomodating. The return flight departed slightly early. Again, clean plane, comfortable seats, good food, friendly crew. My only real complaint is the inflight entertainment - seat-back screens would improve matters.

FLYGLOBESPAN review :  13 August 2008 : by Jackie Keogh

1 Star Rating

Edinburgh - or should I say Glasgow-Las Palmas. On outward journey arrived at Edinburgh at 1.00pm (our flight was to take off at 4.00pm) to be told we were being taken by bus to Glasgow airport as our plane had a "technical fault" and would not be leaving until 10.00pm that night. Bad enough you would think on way out but you still had a holiday to look forward to. But arriving at Las Palmas airport at 7.00pm for flight supposedly leaving at 10.00pm on return we thought we would ask at check in (just to be sure) what time we would be boarding. We were told 9.30pm. Not bad,we thought!!! So got through departure lounge at 8.30pm, quickly did our duty free shopping and grabbed a quick bite to eat. At 9.00pm we happened to look at board and to our horror found out that the flight had been delayed until 3.30am. No flyglobespan reps in sight and no-one to explain to us what was going on. At 10.00 got an announcement to ask all passengers to report to information desk to receive vouchers for a measly 4.00. What good were they to us as we had already ate? Still no explanation as to what was happening so there was nothing else to do but grab a line of seats each and try and grab some shut eye (to no avail as announcements every 2 mins to alert passengers of other flights leaving on time!). When we finally boarded the plane the only explanation we got was the same old story "there had been a technical fault with our plane and had to bring one over from GLASGOW". So in other words the exact same cock and bull we heard two weeks previously. The planes themselves are very dated and basic (no entertainment at all). Needless to say that will be the last time I will ever fly with Flyglobespan and would never recommend them to anyone.

FLYGLOBESPAN review :  11 August 2008 : by R Falconer

Customer Rating : 3/5

3 Star Rating

Outward flight to Vancouver via Calgary was trouble free. Flight on time and had the seats we booked. Unfortunately the return flight was totally different. Meant to depart Vancouver at 8.15pm on Tuesday 5th August. On arrival at the airport the flight was already showing a delay until 10pm - no reason given. The aircraft arrived about 9.15pm, when everyone was assembled in the forward departure lounge when we were told there was a technical problem - one of the tyres had burst and they couldn't get a replacement one and even if they did the flight crew would be over their working hours. The flight was cancelled. We were accommodated in the Best Western hotel and eventually left at 12 noon on Wednesday and arrived back in Glasgow at 6.30 am on Thursday. We were kept informed and the technical problem could have happened to any airline.

FLYGLOBESPAN review :  7 August 2008 : by P Gray

1 Star Rating

Glasgow - Calgary 23rd July - drove wife and daughter from Aberdeen to Glasgow to be told on arrival that there was a four hour delay on the flight - eventually took off four hours late - no explanation from staff - captain advised only late incoming flight on previous sector. Globespan must have know this well in advance as the previous sectors were Gatwick / Calgary / Vancouver / Calgary / Glasgow - on checking the departures / arrivals boards at these airports the flight was always late - so Globespan knew at least 24 hours in advance that flight was late - no chance of making up the time. I could have lived with this, but I am now sitting in Aberdeen (6th August) waiting to drive to Glasgow to pick up my wife and daughter - only to find that the flight has been cancelled (rather that delayed) - subtle difference. No Information provided by Globespan to my wife (in Calgary) or myself in Aberdeen - only after I phoned Globespan in Edinburgh (when they eventually opened at 9am) did I find that there was an indefinite delay which was likely to be 15 / 16 hours. My wife is now in a hotel in Calgary awaiting a flight. I am sitting in Aberdeen wondering when I should drive to Glasgow to pick her up. Will I ever be advised by Globespan what is really happening? Glasgow airport departure boards eventually updated - after my complaint - to show arrival time of 06:45 on 7th August (16 Hours late) - I am not holding my breath that this will end up the limit to the delay. No one in Globespan seems to want to explain what is really going on. Passengers travelling with my wife on the same flight all seem to have their own horror stories about Globespan. Do not Fly with Globespan - worse than useless

FLYGLOBESPAN review :  5 August 2008 : by M Rust

1 Star Rating

Edinburgh - Barcelona. We booked Globespan despite a horrendous experience suffered by my sister last year, principally as the flight times suited us and they flew direct to Barcelona. We have three young children. On arriving at Edinburgh we were casually told of a 1 hr 45 minute delay which turned quickly into 3 hours. I count ourselves lucky compared to some poor souls. What irritated me the most was the complete disinterest of the staff and crew. There was of course no explanation given and you are faced with dealing with the fallout - ie screaming kids, midnight arrival, no service etc etc. I will never fly them again and will make it my mission to disuade anyone who is thinking of trying them - it simply is not worth it. When you add in the antiquated state of some of their aircraft it's a joke that they are still in business.

FLYGLOBESPAN review : 3 August 2008 : by Steve Martin

1 Star Rating

UK-Spain flights. I am a frequent flyer between UK & Spain and can categorically say Flyglobespan are the worst airline I have ever booked and flown with. They advertise attractive flight times (midday, early afternoon) and within a month or so the flight times change to late evening. A friend has just been advised via email that his Wednesday-Wednesday flights have been changed to Monday- Monday! They have on several occasions combined Alicante & Malaga flights to fill them without informing the customers who then have to endure over 5 hours on the plane instead of 2hrs 45mins. The change of flight times bugs me though, it is plain, simple, fraud! If they advertised evening flights arriving around midnight no one would book with them. I now use Easyjet even if it means 2 x flights via London because at least they are reliable and the flight times don't change.

FLYGLOBESPAN review : 1 August 2008 : by P Smaill

1 Star Rating

Nice-Edinburgh, 28 July, 20.10. Well it turned out to be 29 July, a total delay of 9 hours with no open facilities at the airport and forced to stay in the terminal awake until 5am. Information was inaccurate when it existed and no proper explanation given as to why a little fog at Edinburgh earlier causes such a scenario- other airlines coped much better! They have a small fleet and absolutely no customer care when this happens. I'll go Easyjet next time, all is forgiven.Worst experience in 35 years of flying, but all too typical judging from other comments from young and old alike.

FLYGLOBESPAN review : 29 July 2008 : by D Menzies

Customer Rating : 2/5

2 Star Rating

Edinburgh to Nice. This was the only reasonably priced direct flight we could find online for Nice flying from Scotland. The flight was delayed by 4 hours because of a technical fault which required a sensor to be replaced. No discount or even a free drink was offered. On the return flight there was a one hour delay. Staff were Ok but we would avoid this airline in future if we had a choice.

FLYGLOBESPAN review : 29 July 2008 : by S O'Brien

4 Star Rating

We were not looking forward to our flight to Vancouver with Globespan, but flights were good with good service. The only slight complaint is that the entertainment could do with updating for such long flights but overall we enjoyed our experience.

FLYGLOBESPAN review : 26 July 2008 : by M McCormick

4 Star Rating

Belfast to Sanford return. There was a 2 hour delay on the outbound flight, the return flight was on time. The only small problem was with the entertainment - some passengers had a problem with the sound - although mine was fine. The crew were friendly and helpful. I would have no hesitation in booking with them again.

FLYGLOBESPAN review : 25 July 2008 : by A Emmett

1 Star Rating

We came back from Hamilton to Manchester in so called business class, having flown out to Toronto on Air Transat business class. My advice is pay the little bit extra and fly with Transat. The difference is vast, the plane was an old ex Iceland Air 757 with 22 seats up front for business class. My wifes seat was broken, when we complained the crew said they knew it had been reported but nothing done. The seat pitch is Ok but seats are very uncomfortable. Inflight entertainment is a joke, consisting of old films and poor music, from old style drop down tvs. The food is OK but the service is indifferent and the staff don't seem interested in passengers, just in keeping out of the way to get the flight over. Hamilton Airport is a tiny provincial airport with no facilities at all, and is a big shock compared with the modern impressive lounges at Toronto, which incidentally is 40 miles from Hamilton. On the plus side it is easy to get to and not busy. The flight was on time which was a bonus after all the problems we have heard of with delays. Overall not an experience I would repeat for transatlantic flights.

FLYGLOBESPAN review : 22 July 2008 : by John Lessells

4 Star Rating

There are a number of poor comments about Globespan here but we have been using them for a number of years to fly from Glasgow to Paphos and I can remember only one serious delay, and that was only a few hours. Their staff were helpful and courteous and whilst there is no in flight entertainment, this was known from the outset. Cheap and cheerful they may be, but they represent excellent value for money, particularly from Scotland where crossing the border with other airlines seems to indicate some trigger point for bumping up the prices.

FLYGLOBESPAN review : 19 July 2008 : by M Joseph

4 Star Rating

Glasgow to Sanford return. Both flights fine and crew friendly. Inflight entertainment could be improved with seat back screens. No other issues.

FLYGLOBESPAN review : 16 July 2008 : by D Crawford

4 Star Rating

Glasgow to Sanford. Departure from Glasgow was delayed, but flight time less than published anyway. Return flight arrived back early. Cabin crew friendly and efficient and both flights uneventful. Only gripe would be the awful in-flight entertainment, which was a non-event both ways. I don't doubt many people have had bad experiences of Globespan, but that was not my experience.

FLYGLOBESPAN review : 15 July 2008 : by P Turner

1 Star Rating

Manchester - Hamilton, Ontario. We received a 50 per cent discount on our flights as Flyglobespan changed their flight schedule, great! We reserved our seats and booked our meals online, good we thought. Our flight out of Manchester was running 6 hours late when we checked in. The check-in staff were friendly and apologetic. Thankfully, there was no baggage surcharge, their baggage allowances were sensible. We received 4 vouchers each which was enough to buy a bacon sandwich and a soft drink at Manchester airport prices. Would have been nice if it had stretched to another 2 for coffee. The delay had risen to 8 hours by take-off, a very long delay when you have 4 kids who were now bored and restless. It wasn't enough that the plane was already facing long delays, Flyglobespan had a problem with the airport ground services and working with them. Hamilton is a very small but friendly airport but we were glad the weather was good on arrival because facilities are primitive. Our return flight was scheduled to be late but had made up time both in the air and at Hamilton. The Flyglobespan staff in Hamilton were not so helpful. The seats we'd reserved online were not the seats we were allocated on the boarding passes. The staff on the ground didn't want to know our concerns. Flyglobespan had allocated only 2 adjacent seats so our young kids were to be spread about the plane which was hardly acceptable. The advice from cabin staff was to hang around (blocking the aisle) until everyone else took up their seats at which point they began asking people to move. Of course our young children became upset as the cabin staff discussed the problem between themselves but in front of the kids. The food on both flights was acceptable, even the childrens' meals. Plenty of refreshments were available and the cabin crew were excellent overall. With our plane losing time in the air, we were late arriving at Manchester and missed our slot at the terminal gate. This is when we again found Flyglobespan to be unwanted and unloved by Manchester's ground services. We spent a further 90 minutes on the ground waiting as every other airline was accommodated. Our experience was enough for us to avoid using Flyglobespan again despite the big discount we received promptly ahead of our trip.

FLYGLOBESPAN review : 8 July 2008 : by Martin McKee

1 Star Rating

If you value a punctual airline or an airline that keeps you informed do not choose Flyglobespan. I read plenty of other negative reviews and thought they can't possible be that bad. Sadly I was wrong and as a result I experienced the worst service I have ever had on both the outward and return leg of my annual holiday. Try handling your kids when you are confronted with a six hour delay to departure with no reason given whatsoever. Then once on the plane, a further 90 minutes sitting on the tarmac doing nothing. Then the captain comes on the intercom stating that the plane's wing has a crack and may not be fit to fly. Finally after another hours wait he decides it is safe to take off. Talk about nervous passengers. All I heard was people saying " Globespan - Never Again". On the return leg we were told the flight was on time all the way down to being called to the gate. Then we get told of another 2 hours delay. Unfortunately the authorities would not allow anyone to go back to the departure lounge as we had all cleared immigration. So we had to endure a 2 hour wait in an area not designed to hold people for too long a time. Globespan's response? - they blamed the airport staff. I strongly advise everyone to steer clear of this airline - they are truly awful.

FLYGLOBESPAN review : 7 July 2008 : by D Thomas

1 Star Rating

I booked a flight from Manchester to Hamilton. Got to the airport and we sat there waiting nothing being told to all the passengers finally 4 hours later they told us that they were bussing us out to Liverpool airport. We got to Liverpool airport - again nothing being told to us. It was a long day no apologies from any staff. I would never fly with them again. Hopefully this site will save some people out there from making a bad decision and flying with them.

FLYGLOBESPAN review : 7 July 2008 : by C Royden

1 Star Rating

We were booked on the 10:25 from Manchester to Vancouver only to discover at check in, that the direct flight was now via Calgary! Once everyone was at the gate ready to board the first delay of an hour was announced. By 14:00, after several announcements of further delays, they announced we would not be travelling until the next morning and would put us up in a hotel overnight. By the time we were provided with a coach to the hotel, it was 17:30! A meal was provided, but it was a set meal without any choices. No drinks were provided either. The stay at the hotel was short lived as we were being coached out again at 03:30 in the morning for a 06:30! Again we were delayed and didn't actually leave until 09:00 making the delays 21 hours and 21 minutes! In the 21 hours hours the only meal we were offered was the set meal at the hotel. The first explanation of the reasons for the delays was offered by the captain prior to departing! Once on the flight, the seats were reasonably comfortable and service average. Drinks offered were scarce and meals were average. The flight back check in was opened 40 minutes late therefore creating a back log. It was obvious that we would be delayed and sure enough we were. Our through flight from Vancouver to Manchester again was rearranged without our knowledge and this time we went via Dublin! We ended up approximately an hour and a half late arriving in Manchester and once there a member of the parties luggage was missing! After all the delays and the shabby way in which they treat the customers I have no hesitation not recommending Globespan. It is the worst flight I have ever been on and in future I will not book with them again.

FLYGLOBESPAN review : 7 July 2008 : by E McCombes

4 Star Rating

Glasgow-Sanford return. Both flights were good, food and drinks service and crew were also good. My husband cannot eat gluten and he was served a gluten free meal both ways. Hope this service continues and thanks to the pleasant and professional crew.

FLYGLOBESPAN review : 5 July 2008 : by Douglas Currie

4 Star Rating

Recently had enjoyable return flight to Vancouver on Globespan. On time, aircraft clean and comfortable, cabin crew were fantastic and food ok in comparison to other airlines. Free headphones too and ability to choose your seat online at no extra charge. The cost of the airfare/hire car was better than competitors on the same route.

FLYGLOBESPAN review : 26 June 2008 : by F Taylor

Customer Rating : 2/5

2 Star Rating

Have not flown with Globespan yet. After reading so many reviews from others who have I have been tracking flight times from Glasgow to Sanford and the return. I have managed to track most of them over the last 2 weeks and the longest delay I could see was around 2 hours. In fact there were a few early departures. Our party like someone else had been thinking of losing our deposit and going elsewhere after tracking them have decided to cross our fingers. The other couple in our party flew with them last year and did have a problem with seating they had paid for on the way back not being available, times were ok. They did attempt to claim the extra cost for seating but had no reply from numerous e-mails and letters.

FLYGLOBESPAN review : 26 June 2008 : by M McGuire

1 Star Rating

Due to fly from Glasgow to Barcelona on to catch cruise ship. Told there was a technical problem with the plane and we were bussed to Edinburgh. We were told the flight was on time and in the air only to discover 20 mins later we were delayed for another 1hr 45 mins which then extended to 3hrs. Told lie after lie by staff who claim to be representatives not employees of globespan. They don't have a back up if a plane develops a fault and the problems just snowball. Last weekend so delays of 12-18 hours on some flights.

FLYGLOBESPAN review : 25 June 2008 : by L Snedden

1 Star Rating

Edinburgh-Barcelona 15 June 2008. We incurred a 10 hour delay with this airline. On the same trip last year it was 6 hours with the added pleasure of a bus transfer to Glasgow. Would urge you not to use Globespan and experience the misery of such long delays with no updates or consistent explanations to passengers. They clearly do not have the resources to function in an efficient manner.

FLYGLOBESPAN review : 24 June 2008 : by D Hood

1 Star Rating

Booked to fly from Glasgow to Barcelona on Sunday 15th June 2008 at 0900. Turned up at Gla to be informed that technical issues had delayed the flight until 15:30 but we where to be bussed to Edinburgh. We got to EDI and where given a 4 food voucher. As the day went on the flight was further delayed and eventually we got away at 18:0 Staff at EDI told us one thing but when we got on the flight the Captain told us a different version of events. Coming back on the 20th June from BCN to GLA was much the same, delayed, shipped up to gate 50 at BCN, no stores open to buy food and just two vending machines for soft drinks. Not one member of staff at hand to assist with queries. I read a lot of these comments before I booked and thought surely they are not this bad as they had taken on extra aircraft after last years events. More fool I, if anyone reads this review before they book, go elsewhere. Honestly, the only way this crowd will get the message is when people get wise to them and stop using them. Your parting with your hard earned cash while someone in an office in Edinburgh is counting your cash and shrugging his shoulders when you complain.

FLYGLOBESPAN review : 24 June 2008 : by C Kelly

1 Star Rating

Haven't actually flown yet but very concerned at the reviews here about Globespan. I will be travelling with a family member in poor health to Calgary. We only booked in the first place because we could get premium class allowing our family member enough room to make the trip at all. Having read the reviews I worry about safety and fear long delays. Short delays can happen anywhere but Globespan seem to have a lot of very long delays. Am thinking about cancelling and taking the financial loss balanced against health.

FLYGLOBESPAN review : 20 June 2008 : by D McNiven

1 Star Rating

Booked holiday back in January for June - originally supposed to return on the sunday afternoon 1330 hrs flight but received an email stating now 2110 hrs. Arrived for return flight 1800hrs only to find the flight was then delayed and delayed and delayed until we finally left Barcelona at 0600hrs the following morning. Flyglobespan had no one at the airport to inform passengers on the change - a piece of paper handed out along the check in queue.

FLYGLOBESPAN review : 19 June 2008 : by D Sherwin

1 Star Rating

Booked YYC-GLA for a June 17 departure at 2325. Departure was first delayed by an hour because "ground crew had new equipment and didn't know how to use it" (according to staff). After a further delay, we were informed that problems had developed with one of the engines and that an engineer was looking at the problem "and would give us an update in two hours". At 0230, we were finally advised that the problem would be fixed - the NEXT DAY at 0930, and that the flight wouldn't actually depart until 1530 to allow crew "minimal rest time". As we deplaned into a deserted Calgary airport, each passenger was handed a sheet containing contact information where we could lodge our complaints. No vouchers, no apologies to passengers, no attempts to assist stranded passengers with hotel bookings, etc. I was lucky enough to have originated my trip in Calgary, and had a place to stay, but most other pax had got on board in Vancouver and were simply left to fend for themselves, without any resources whatsoever. After finding this review site (too late!) and reading the multitude of similar complaints, I cancelled my tickets (and now must argue with the company, and Visa, despite assurances that the cancellation "had gone through"), and booked with another airline. The entire affair was just shocking.

FLYGLOBESPAN review : 19 June 2008 : by D Robertson

1 Star Rating

Supposed to be leaving for Vancouver from Glasgow at 16.15 today. Got a call from Globespan at 10.45am to say the flight is delayed until 8am tomorrow. At least we are still at home but can we be sure the flight will leave tomorrow?

FLYGLOBESPAN review : 18 June 2008 : by M Smith

1 Star Rating

Flyglobespan got flight time wrong by 8hrs, we arrived at the airport in Barcelona at 1030 for our flight to Glasgow at 1330 only to be told it wasn't scheduled until 2110. The flight was then delayed and delayed and delayed until we finally left Barcelona at 0600hrs the following morning. Flyglobespan had no one at the airport to communicate with the passengers and offered each passenger a food voucher which got me a cold meat roll and a bottle of fanta. The whole process was a shambles from start to finish and would urge anyone flying to give globespan a massive side-step.

FLYGLOBESPAN review : 17 June 2008 : by S Worrall

1 Star Rating

Manchester - Calgary. I arrived at Manchester airport at 8am and checked in fine. At the gate we had an announcement to say the plane had arrived late therefore we had to wait for the plane to be cleaned etc and had to wait half an hour. 2-3 hours later nothing was said. People did go and ask the ground staff what was going on but all she would say is "I cannot tell you anything." Eventually after 8 hours waiting with only 3 announcements we were told the flight had been cancelled with no explaiation. We were transfered to a hotel and given a letter saying the flight would be at half 6 the next morning. To add to the stress we were also informed that the flight would be via Vancouver instead of direct to Calgary. We eventually left Manchester airport at 8-30am after a 2 hour delay. The plane was very old and the pilot mentioned that the reason for the delay was due to a member of the cabin crew who didn't have a pass/ID to get into the airport, which no-one believed. The flight home was only a delay of an hour. The plane was only half full maybe people are realising that they shouldn't fly with this company anymore. How they are still operating is beyond me! I can't believe this is an "award winning airline" - an award for what? The most abysmal airline in the world. The question is how are they still operating?

PAGE:  1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |