PAGE loading ... please wait!

FlyGlobespan Passenger Reviews and FlyGlobespan Customer Trip Reports

PAGE 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |

FLYGLOBESPAN review :  26 September 2008 : by D Fisher

4 Star Rating

Sanford to Glasgow in June 2008. The flight left on time - was very quiet, less than 100 people on the 767. The onboard service was superb, a full meal and free drinks, and 3 movies. The on board comfort was good - with plenty of room to spread out and enough room for my legs. During the busier times it may feel more cramped than my experience. I was lucky enough to be on the first daily flight of the summer, hence why it was probably so quiet and without delay.

FLYGLOBESPAN review :  26 September 2008 : by S Fleming

4 Star Rating

Glasgow to Sanford delayed five minutes and on the whole an excellent flight with clean plane, decent in flight meal and great crew. IFE old with overhead screens, audio channels were standard charter airline fare. Return flight started off with a published 15 minute delay which turned into a 6 hour delay for technical reasons. On the flight the crew had a decidedly end of season look about them and were more interested talking to a passenger who I assumed was an off duty crew member, as she got served before everyone else every time and seemed to spend a lot of the time in the crew area. I got good value for the price I paid and would use the same service again.

FLYGLOBESPAN review :  25 September 2008 : by B Green

2 Star Rating

Manchester to Calgary (via Glasgow, ongoing to Vanocouver). Until I arrived in Calgary around 11.30pm I was actually about to give a good comment, as for the price paid (+ 25 pound sterling for extra leg room - worth it!) I thought it was a reasonably comfortable flight, crew were polite, service fine and food, though not particularly exciting, was edible. However, on going to collect luggage, I was one of 59 disappointed passengers who had none - presumably it was those of us who boarded in Manchester, as the flight was near empty up to Glasgow, who had our bags winging their way to Vancouver! After filling in 2 forms at the Air Canada arrivals desk we were told luggage would be delivered to us the next day. I had a phone call at 2.30pm the following day to say my bag was there and I could collect it from the airport - hello, I'm on holiday here and have no transport! After more phone calls to 3 people in Vancouver I was then advised it would be delivered that day. Around 8.00pm I started another round of phone calls as it hadn't arrived, only to be told by a call centre in India that they didn't have my bag! They then decided they may have my bag but couldn't distinguish it from another one which supposedly had the same name so I was asked for identifying markings on the bag (already given on the original form I filled in) and any "unusual" contents inside to help them identify it and I'd be called back. I then called Calgary airport again and managed to speak to someone who actually knew what he was talking about and he confirmed in 5 minutes that my bag was there - thanks Mike in Ground Control! The Indian call centre then called me to say they'd identified my bag from my list of contents but I had to collect it. I eventually got my bag back 24 hours after landing with my name tag, luggage labels, bag collection ticket number etc all clearly in tact and although they'd tried to bust the padlock they didn't manage it so obviously had no idea what was inside! Why can't people just admit they messed up instead of coming up with a pack of lies.

FLYGLOBESPAN review :  23 September 2008 : by Hugh McAlinden

1 Star Rating

Barcelona flight - return leg to Glasgow. We arrived at Barcelona airport at 7.30pm for 9.10pm take off - no flight! Eventually left Barcelona at 2.30am. Their ground handlers were evasive, Barcelona airport staff told us Globespan "do this all the time". Friends almost missed a funeral in May for the same reason. We missed work next morning arriving home at 5.45am on Monday. Would you book an airline knowing this? Avoid!

FLYGLOBESPAN review :  22 September 2008 : by L Devany

1 Star Rating

We have just returned from Barcelona. Going out on 11th September there was a delay of 1 hr due to technical difficulties, the legroom was very cramped and cabin service very slow. Our return was scheduled for 13:35 on 20th - having just come from a cruise ship we arrived at the airport at 9:30am expecting to check in at 11:35. When the flight did not appear on the departures board we enquired at the general information desk (no flyglobespan representative at BCN) we were told that this flight had been rescheduled (not cancelled or delayed) to 3am Sunday 21st. My travel agent was only advised on Saturday morning of the change but could not contact me. Not good enough.

FLYGLOBESPAN review :  18 September 2008 : by W Moffat

1 Star Rating

Up until now I sang the praises of this airline - until today. We are/were due to to fly to Barcelona on 20 September, on one of the special offer day trips. Today (16 September) I received a letter saying that my flights times were changed from 9am to 22:40 on the outbound flight arriving into Barcelona at 01:35. The return flight was rescheduled from 21:10 to 02:40. This would not even allow me time to clear customs after coming off the outbound flight and check in for the return flight. When I complained about the change I was told the old favourite excuse "Operational reasons" and that there were no other flights available to suit our needs. I will never book up FlyGlobespan again, and I would not be too upset if they went the same way as XL Airways or Zoom Airways.

FLYGLOBESPAN review :  18 September 2008 : by M Arundell

1 Star Rating

We had booked a Flyglobespan flight from Edinburgh to Barcelona. The flight was due to leave at 4.30pm but did not take off until 10.30pm (6 hour delay) due to a technical fault. The airline refunded 4.00 pounds to each passenger due to the inconvenience, which was an insult. We had to buy extra food at Edinburgh airport and as we arrived late (about 3.00am) at Barcelona airport we had to pay 30 Euros for a taxi instead of about 4 Euros each for the train. In addition I was late for work the following morning. I will never use this airline again and suggest other people avoid it like the plague.

FLYGLOBESPAN review :  16 September 2008 : by A MacKenzie

3 Star Rating

Glasgow to Calgary and Vancouver to Glasgow. We had pre-booked seats both ways. The seat pitch was good (premium economy) - business class didn't look worth it. The in flight entertainment was poor - projected image onto shared screen was so poor that it was unwatchable - I also couldn't listen as the audio in the armrest wasn't working. I did report this but as I had the same seat on the way back, I could tell nothing had happened as it still didn't work! Food was OK and the staff polite and helpful enough. Four hour delay on the way back. We had checked before we had left the hotel and resolved to book into the executive lounge 90 CAD for 3 of us - we forsook the 10 CAD vouchers handed out on check in. Various stories as to why it was late - from air traffic problems in Gatwick to "we don't really know". The flights from and to Vancouver stop in Calgary - the passengers getting on there had been given no information at all and did not seem to have been looked after particularly well. Calgary is a much smaller airport and a harder place, I would imagine, to kill time. We have gone with Flyglobespan a couple of times before - once to Toronto when they were using Air Transat and have had no problems. So when we booked we were unaware of all the negative reviews. We consider ourselves fortunate compared to a lot of the experiences of other passengers - when they get it right, it seems its OK, when they get it wrong it goes completely pear shaped. With the demise of Zoom, budget travel to Canada options are getting limited, but if we do repeat the journey, we will study the recent reviews for the carriers much more carefully and if necessary pay the premium for a more reliable carrier.

FLYGLOBESPAN review :  5 September 2008 : by J Winterburn

1 Star Rating

Just arrived back from Vancouver via Calgary in so-called business class. Worst flight I have ever had and certainly not worthy of the name business class. Had to wait 20 minutes for steps to get us off the plane in Manchester and when they came they were very wobbly and unsafe. Also had to wait 3 hours for our baggage with nobody available to keep us informed as to what was happening. Cheap and tacky airline and will never use them again.

FLYGLOBESPAN review :  5 September 2008 : by Ian Crozier

3 Star Rating

Bristol - Hamilton economy Return . After reading the many negative comments on this website before our holiday I must say I was quite apprehensive about our flights. But I'm pleased to say that we managed to avoid the problems that other people seem to have had with Globespan. Apart from the outward journey being one and half hours late leaving, although the pilot did manage to make up some of this time, and the outward hot meal being uneatable I'd can't really complain. No doubt they get it wrong sometimes but I got what I paid for - a low cost airline.

FLYGLOBESPAN review :  3 September 2008 : by S Connolly

1 Star Rating

Glasgow-Calgary 5 hours late, no explanation, no food vouchers, unpleasant staff and two miniscule drinks on 8 hour flight. Calgary - Glasgow delayed 23 hours, no explanation, pathetic 4 food voucher after hours being kept in dark. Eventually handed hotel vouchers and the bus collected us two hours later only to find the hotel was full. With no information forthcoming from anywhere went back to airport where screens said plane had 'departed'. Completely untrue, it was still sitting on the tarmac and after a 23 hour delay were flown to Vancouver instead of Glasgow and stuck in a holding room for hours without explanation. Then had to endure a thoroughly unpleasant flight home in one of the oldest, shoddiest planes I have ever had the misfortune to travel on, I am sure it is older than me by quite a considerable distance

FLYGLOBESPAN review :  2 September 2008 : by Phil Bannon

1 Star Rating

5.25 hours late going out to New York; 5.25 hours late coming back. Checked in at Kennedy International, and despite having paid for premium economy, were seated in regular economy with inedible food, and very ordinary service. I'd walk before I'd fly with this lot again.

FLYGLOBESPAN review :  2 September 2008 : by Pete Walsh

1 Star Rating

Just arrived back (Aug 29) on Flyglobespan flight from Vancouver to Manchester. The plane landed just after 8.30am. We got the last of our luggage at 11.35am, more than three hours later. 200 tired people waited in mounting fury by the empty luggage carousel as the minutes and then hours ticked by and other flights came and went, but we received no information from the company and no visit from a rep. It was the worst post-flight wait I have ever had in an airport, by miles. And their customer service is non-existent.

FLYGLOBESPAN review :  2 September 2008 : by B Glanville

3 Star Rating

Business Class with FlyGlobespan from London Gatwick to Toronto Hamilton. Both flights on time. The meals were excellent and staff attentive and helpful. The inflight TV was old fashioned and not exactly hi-tech but I could see and hear the film. We had plenty of drinks and were provided a blanket, eyeshade and neck cushion. I seem to be in the minority, but we were very happy with our flights!

FLYGLOBESPAN review :  28 August 2008 : by K Edwards

1 Star Rating

We paid 1067 for 'so-called' premium economy for two of us, OAP's with not a lot of cash to spare, Manchester/Vancouver. The food was uneatable, we didn't get a chance to sample any drinks, as only the two soft drinks we were given throughout an 11 hour flight. The tv screens were miniscule and we couldn't watch them - but the entertainment of Mrs Doubtfire and an ancient episode of Only Fools and Horses was not unduly missed. Comfort was at a very low value and there were no pillows/blankets supplied for the overnight return. All in all it was a miserable experience, not helped by the Italian flight crew who were dour and unhappy. It does though, go to show that they are not improving and I wonder how they are allowed to keep operating, if you can use that word.

FLYGLOBESPAN review :  27 August 2008 : by Gemma Braines

1 Star Rating

We flew back from Orlando. There had been a storm in Orlando and we anticipated this to alter our flight time. However when we arrived at the airport most flights were on time and this included ours which was due to depart at 6.30pm. The inbound flight from Glasgow had arrived on time and we checked in quite quickly. We were due to board at 6pm and it was at this point we were told there was a delay and we would be notified momentarily. All flights due to fly out of Sanford that day had departed except one to London and First Choice were accommodating their customers at a hotel. In about half an hour it was announced that we were delayed but the extent was not clear and no reason was given. About an hour later it was announced that the delay would be until 3am (11 hrs after check-in) and this was due to a fault with the plane. After further questions (there was no Flyglobespan rep, only a lady who worked for the airport) we were told it was because the Captain did not want to fly the plane because it had a faulty 'back thrust' and this would affect emergency landing. He also said that we needed to wait for more crew. The plane finally departed at 4.45am - over 9 hours after it should have departed. The airport was shut up and there was no security staff anywhere making it an unpleasant place to be. The plane was not fixed, the Captain simply decided to take the risk-so why not take the risk 10 hours earlier? The staff were lovely but when boarding the plane we were told to be patient with them as they had only had minimum rest. They weren't the only ones! I would never fly with Flyglobespan again.

FLYGLOBESPAN review :  27 August 2008 : by J Graveson

3 Star Rating

Glasgow to Sanford return. Outbound on time, impressed with plane, loads of legroom and a foot rest. Premium economy meals better than expected with complimentary drinks, entertainment up to date. Return journey a very different story! Got to Sanford 3 hrs before as requested, flight supposedly on time, 18.30pm. Flyglobespan decided not to fly - excuse a "technical" problem with the plane and the crew had gone over their working time so we would be flying out at 4.15am, 10 hrs later. Pilot told us this through a recorded message and by the time we received it all the crew had done a runner and were tucked up in bed. We did receive $20 in food vouchers each to compensate but Sanford closes down at night and it was a long 10 hr wait plus the journey home. I suppose when you only pay 1100 for 4 adults return what do you expect.

FLYGLOBESPAN review :  23 August 2008 : by S Davison

2 Star Rating

We had a four hour delay each way on London to Vancouver with 4 vouchers each time. No reason for delays and on top of long transfer and journey now worth the cheaper air fare. Never again as happens all the time and not a one off.

FLYGLOBESPAN review :  22 August 2008 : by J Walker

2 Star Rating

Gatwick / Vancouver Business Class return August 2008. Having read the extensive negative comment and followed the CAA court case we found we were too late to cancel without penalty so I still wanted to enjoy the flight knowing full well that one cannot expect Virgin Upper Class. Globespan managed to remove any sense of business class other than to technically supply a faded old style cradle chair. Yes, we were 3 hours late both flights but in comparison to other reported delays we felt we were lucky. There are all the other oft heard niggles which could be re-iterated but I am more concerned about the aged, noisy 767’s that seem to suffer technical problems on such a regular basis. They must be costing Flyglobespan a fortune through their inefficiency and the inevitable knock-on costs such as timed out crew, hotel accommodation, etc. for the unfortunates. If these aircraft suffer so many technical problems they must not only show faults prior to take off but during a flight.

FLYGLOBESPAN review :  22 August 2008 : by Marie Nolan

4 Star Rating

Manchester to Vancouver via Calgary. No complaints. Return flight (via Dublin) delayed 2 hours but informed at check in. Screw up with pre-booked meal selection on return, but they supplied a crew meal for me. I knew about stopovers but only because I asked someone in Canada to look into the same flights from there. Seems that if you book from outside the UK the 'stopovers' are made quite clear to potential customers. This (I speculate) is because the UK doesn't have the same consumer regulations as Canada, so it could be that providing this information is the law over there but not over here? My advice: Don't waste your money on 'premium economy', unless you really need to sit a few feet closer to business class and the economy class lav. Fly Globespan but business class only, it's affordable and worth every penny especially on long haul flights.

FLYGLOBESPAN review :  21 August 2008 : by L McCulloch

1 Star Rating

Glasgow to Barcelona. We were informed a couple of weeks before this flight had changed to Glasgow- Edinburgh-Barcelona adding time onto our journey. The flight then left Glasgow on time, arrived in Edinburgh with no sign of a problem until they let all the passengers on, we then waited almost an hour before being told there was a "fault" with the plane! The part they needed was in Glasgow so it was being couriered over to Edinburgh. We were then taken off the flight, given a hastily written letter apologising and were left there for 3 hours. The flight from start to finish took 7 hours with little information being passed to us. Extremely disappointed with their service.

FLYGLOBESPAN review :  16 August 2008 : by S Menzies

1 Star Rating

Myself, husband and children flew from Glasgow-Vancouver on 30th July. We were delayed over 19 hours on the way there. Initially we were told that there would be an update on half an hour. This came and went and only updates were supplied when people were demanding answers when the update was 'we have no further information at this time - a further update will be given in half an hour'...this also came and went. Eventually a 4 meal voucher was supplied to each person. Considering we had checked in 9 hours previously, this allocation was poor. We were then told to come back at 11pm to collect our luggage and we would then be allocated a room - we eventually were given a room at the Premier Inn 'just down the road'. After walking for almost a mile across busy roads with 3 children plus all our luggage we eventually checked in at 1am - told to be back at the airport next morning at 7am for departure at 9am - flight departed around 11.10am. I had to demand a minibus to take us back to the airport the next morning. Premier Inn were great and organised this even tho it wasn't their responsibility bringing in staff from their day off. Return flight was delayed 1hr 45mins. I hadn't read the reviews prior to booking with Globespan and was sceptical about flying with them after all the documented bad press. My scepticism was well justified and would much rather pay that little bit extra in future to fly with an efficient well run airline. I definitely won't be using them again.

FLYGLOBESPAN review :  16 August 2008 : by Marcus Williams

Customer Rating : 5/5

5 Star Rating

Glasgow to Orlando and back. Checking in at Glasgow very quick and we were told they expected a delay of 1 hour 50 minutes but after 1 hour 55 minutes we were on the runway. Our prebooked seats were available to us and the food was typical airline. Service with a smile was the nature of the day. Seats comfortable and acceptable leg room and width. Returning we had booked business class. We had a separate checkin and again our prebooked seats were available. Food as one would expect much nicer and served on plates. Not up to BMI business class food but we didn't expect that. The girls tried really hard to be professional but did seem young and a little nervous. I have to say I enjoyed the flights more than when we flew Virgin to San Francisco a few years ago. We would pay again for Business class. It was worth the extra money so long as it is appreciated that it is far cheaper than major airlines business class and you get what you pay for.

FLYGLOBESPAN review :  15 August 2008 : by T Lundberg

1 Star Rating

Glasgow-Vancouver (via Calgary). An 18-hour delay. Upon arrival at the airport there was already a four-hour delay which dragged on until 9 PM, when we were finally told we would not be flying that day. The lucky ones went home, while those not from Glasgow were accommodated (well past midnight, with a 6am wake-up call) at various hotels. The flight finally left (two hours later than the promised 9am, thanks to the use of that day's Florida-bound plane, making all those passengers delayed until at least 16:00 from their 9:30 flight (if they got out that day at all on our plane)! Globespan seems to do this a lot - grab another plane that does not have a technical problem and pass the delay down the line. My return flight two weeks later was also delayed (only two hours this time). The only positive thing I can say is that the service and food were reasonably good. While I have had only minor delays with Globespan's service to Tenerife, I would never fly with this airline transatlantic, and I do wonder how good the maintenance is when there are so many delays due to technical problems.

PAGE:  1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |