PAGE loading ... please wait!

FlyGlobespan Passenger Reviews and FlyGlobespan Customer Trip Reports

PAGE:  1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |

FLYGLOBESPAN customer review :  13 October 2009 by Margaret Knight   (UK)

Aberdeen to Palma, flight and check in perfect. It was a very different story when we were checking in at Palma to come home, the check in desk was not open for nearly 45 minutes, it was then opened then closed, this went on for nearly 30 minutes until there were 4 opened. The check in staff really should go on customer relation courses, their attitude is not good. Whilst I appreciate that if you are overweight with luggage you have to pay, I do not have a problem with that, my problem is why can we not pay for extra weight when we book a holiday through a travel agent, not everyone has access to internet and it would make life a lot easier at check in for both passenger and staff. If someone has paid for extra weight why is their hand luggage not weighed as well?

FLYGLOBESPAN customer review :  1 October 2009 by C Durber   (UK)

Last week, my wife and I flew back from Tenerife. We noticed a lot of commotion at the check in desk. Once suitcases were placed on the scales they were tagged and sent so far along the belt. then the passengers were told to place all items of hand luggage on the scales as well. This, including ours increased our allocation to 42Kg. We had to pay an excess baggage charge of €24. Until it was paid we were not given our boarding cards. In hindsight we should have requested the return of our cases, opened them up and dumped 2kg of old tee shirts on the check in desk. If everybody did it, it would cause huge delays. Eventually they would have to let the passengers through. To add insult to injury a lot of passengers were taking bottles, purchased at duty free, on board, and facing no additional costs. If we need to fly Globespan again, we have vowed not to purchase any additional items onboard the aircraft, such as drinks or snacks. We have always taken 20Kg of baggage each, plus our flight bags. This is another excuse to bleed the customers of their money.

FLYGLOBESPAN customer review :  1 October 2009 by A Young   (Canada)

Hamilton ON to Dublin. Checked luggage in at Hamilton and they did not weigh my hand luggage. Lost my prescription sunglasses on the flight, spent much time and money trying to locate the lost and found in Edinburgh - it seemed nobody knew the number and kept giving me another number to call. Eventually was told I had left it too long, and they couldn't locate them. On my return from Dublin the rude check in person weighed my luggage and told me I had to weigh the hand luggage also - this was a surprise as I hadn't had to in Hamilton. She told me I was overweight by 6kg and had to pay 75 Euro. I feel they do this because by the time you are your way back, you have no alternative but to pay. My advice, use an airline that rips you off openly - not through underhanded means.

FLYGLOBESPAN customer review :  26 September 2009 by J Herriott   (UK)

The aircraft was spacious with plenty of legroom. I was under the impression that no food would be supplied but we were given a good inflight meal. I would fly with them again provided that the baggage reclaim is improved. The return flight landed on time but we then waited 1.5 hours for our luggage. Other carriers are obliviously given greater priority than Globespan.

FLYGLOBESPAN customer review :  26 September 2009 by J Duffield   (UK)

Glasgow to Tenerife round trip. Crew friendly and efficient. I find the website quite clear in telling me what my luggage allowance is when booking - so if I think I am going to be over I book extra in advance, which is considerably cheaper than the airport - the allowance is more generous than other budget and charter airlines. I booked the All Day Brunch (7.50) which was tasty and a good quality. We also pre-booked emergency exit seats for 18 per person, and had no problem getting these at check-in.

FLYGLOBESPAN customer review :  24 September 2009 by H McCann   (UK)

Glasgow - Orlando. Flight delayed 15hrs 55mins outbound and 4 hours inbound. Business class seats but no business class check in. The outbound delay was due to technical problems - fair enough but this shows the issue of relying on one plane. Inbound was again delayed by technical fault, but my wife overheard cabin crew member telling another passenger that they sometimes cancel flights if not full! Cabin clean and comfortable and crew were excellent though. I have flown 8 times now with them and have yet to leave on time. No more.

FLYGLOBESPAN customer review :  22 September 2009 by S Fleming   (UK)

Edinburgh to Las Palmas return, crew courteous and efficient with good updates from the flight deck. Only downside is inadequate checking in staff in Las Palmas which left us with only 20 minutes to clear security and reach gate after check in. All in all a good experience for a god price, but need to change the Spanish ground handling staff.

FLYGLOBESPAN customer review :  19 September 2009 by James Johnson   (UAE)

Glasgow to Halifax. Flight delayed a couple of hours. Aircraft appeared to be ex-BA 767-300 with original 1980s interior! We paid 100 each for business class seats, just about worth the expense but my footrest fell off. Poor quality video on old-fashioned screen at front of each cabin, so not worth watching. Food dull - everything else except water and tea/coffee cost extra, including blanket and pillow. I feel for those who booked through to Toronto (in reality, Hamilton) and who had to stay on the aircraft during the turnaround. Halifax to Glasgow Economy seats this time, and we noticed at least one armrest attached to the seat with duct tape. Two hour delay advertised, though this improved to about 90 minutes but without warning until the final call for those of who were waiting outside the immediate gate area. Staff not bad, but lacking in experience compared with major airlines. We were charged for excess baggage, mainly thanks to the small print. A 25kg allowance is advertised but this is the combined total including carry-on bags. The cost at the gate (C$240) was about 3 times the cost had we paid online for excess baggage.

FLYGLOBESPAN customer review :  11 September 2009 by A Thacker   (Ireland)

Dublin to Vancouver. The aircraft was clean and comfortable. No personal screens but a big screen up the front. The meal was small and you have to pay for drinks and snacks, so bring a sandwich and a bottle of water.

FLYGLOBESPAN customer review :  10 September 2009 by J Wallis   (Spain)

I tend to travel between Barcelona and Glasgow or Edinburgh - this gives me the choice of Globespan or Ryanair. On too many occasions to number, Globespan suffer technical difficulties which invariably result in their flights being delayed - but never by half an hour or an hour - always until either 1:30 or 2:30 in the morning. Are they too mean to butt into the queue and instead take the cheap option of a 2:30am slot. If I had a fleet of planes with so many technical difficulties I'd expect the inspectors to close me down.

FLYGLOBESPAN customer review :  8 September 2009 by P Runciman   (UK)

Edinburgh to Palma. Flight on time. Crew friendly, food nice. Return flight on time. Have used Globespan now for more than 15 flights and found them efficient.

FLYGLOBESPAN customer review :  5 September 2009 by J Rooney   (UK)

Used this shambles of an airline for our holiday to Florida. 5 hour delay outbound and another 5 hour delay inbound. They blamed the aircraft being hit by a vehicle in Canada for the outbound delay and a medical emergency for the inbound delay. Judging by the comments on here it would be interesting to find out the excuses they used for all the other Florida delays. Staff poor and the aircraft was as old as Moses.

FLYGLOBESPAN customer review :  3 September 2009 by N King   (UK)

Glasgow to Sanford Florida, delayed four hours outbound, no meals etc offered, on return delayed 13 hours, had transport to Sheraton hotel and nice rooms plus evening meal paid for. But next day flight back was poor, as low quality service, meals and drinks not enough. Also treated as if on a night flight but flight left at 0645 and landed at 1930. I think if you are saving lots of money it might be worth the hassle - but not worth going with through choice. Take water and food with you as they will not give you any.

FLYGLOBESPAN customer review :  2 September 2009 by D Sinderson   (UK)

Edinburgh - Faro. Flight meant to leave at 7am, we were checked in and THEN told that due to technical problems we would be leaving at 5pm. Was reluctantly given 8 in compensation to get something to eat, and in Edinburgh airport that just covered breakfast. No communication from staff, was told to listen for announcements and watch the screens. Finally after hours of aimlessly wandering about the airport they managed to get another plane and crew to come down from Aberdeen to take us. Left at 5-45pm, admittedly the flight was quicker than previously stated and staff were apologetic but was still annoyed in the first place. Return flight not as bad, at least we left on time but the staff weren't friendly at all - it was too much to ask to get another can of coke from the galley judging from the look of distain on the stewardesses face.

FLYGLOBESPAN customer review :  1 September 2009 by Mandy Coplen   (UK)

Edinburgh to Florida. A 5 hour delay outwards, and coming back an 18 hour delay. It just makes you mad, all you want to do is get home . They didn't even give you free drinks on the plane, how bad is that.

FLYGLOBESPAN customer review :  30 August 2009 by D Miller   (Spain)

Booked flights with this airline a couple of times. Mostly Glasgow-Malaga return. Either my luggage got lost (and arrived some days later) or the flight was delayed up to 5 hrs. Sometimes both happened. Did not try food on board. But bought a coffee once. Cold and with hardly any coffee in it. As I had additional costs of around 50-100 pounds almost each time for buying stuff as luggage got lost or for taxis to get home at 3 am due to their usual delays I would recommend to avoid this airline at all cost.

PAGE:   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |