flyBe Customer Reviews and flyBe Passenger Trip Reports

flyBe Customer review :  3 January 2013 by John Campbell    (UK)

Over the past 24 months my wife, daughter and I have flown the Glasgow - Exeter route many times. My concern is the outrageously expensive prices. I have now taken to driving the route and accepting it takes time but saves 75% in costs, avoids the nauseous experiences of security at Exeter Airport and frequent delays. If Flybe intend to continue to charge BA prices then they should raise their game to BA standards, of course, they have no need as there is no competition on the Exeter - Glasgow route.

flyBe Customer review :  2 January 2013 by J Gledhill    (UK)

Southampton to Leeds Bradford and return for Christmas. Although flights were OK and on time, we had a lot of small stresses. Found the personal security checks at Southampton quite daunting - better on the way back because we were prepared for it. The on-line check-in was not working on our return so we had to queue up at the check-in desk. At Leeds/Bradford we were told our flight was ready for "immediate boarding" only to be kept standing in a queue for at least 20 minutes - no doubt many passengers are used to this but we would have appreciated some information from the staff. Then the escalator down to ground level was not working so we were directed to a lift as we couldn't manage the stairs with our cases but were then told to hurry up as we were the last to board. No complaints about Flybe staff, but the most helpful people were other passengers, who immediately offered to stow our cases and coats and help us carry our cases down the steps when we landed.

flyBe Customer review :  31 December 2012 by Julia Morgan    (UK)

Fed up with Flybe - flown with them 3 times from Exeter to Manchester and 3 times delayed. This time my 14 year old daughter is delayed for 3 hours at Manchester (first time travelling on her own). Supposedly the plane was delayed in Geneva because of snow but this was not true - now they are saying there is something wrong with the plane - absolutely poor service. Will not be using them again. The plane is supposed to be quicker than the train but not with Flybe it isn't as there are always delays from Manchester on the return to Exeter.

flyBe Customer review :  30 December 2012 by M Ferguson    (Scotland)

Inverness to Amsterdam. 27 December. Super flight, on schedule and very pleasant crew. Arrived 30 minutes early. Embraer 175 - very comfortable plane.

flyBe Customer review :  29 December 2012 by R Muir    (UK)

MAN to BHD which I fly a handful of times a year. For a 40 minute flight you can't expect too much, but the Embraer 175 is a pleasant aircraft (preferable to the Dash 8 which Flybe also use on this route), the cabin was clean and we weren't delayed. The cabin crew were efficient and good updates came from the captain as to progress. I didn't bother buying anything in terms of refreshments, nothing remarkable choice wise but not poor either. Flybe did their job and I am happy to keep using them.

flyBe Customer review :  12 December 2012 by A Lane    (USA)

Now that Flybe is one of Air France's partners we've no choice other than to fly with them to and from MAN and Paris CDG. We have had no problems so far with them on these journeys. We've also used them to fly from Newcastle to Belfast City with no problems. FA's have been professional and friendly. The planes used are not the newest Airbus aircraft, but they are comfortable for the short journeys. The legroom is quite good-wish we could have that on our long haul flights. And even nowadays they give complimentary drinks and snacks (e.g. chips, biscuits, trail mix).

flyBe Customer review :  7 December 2012 by Kim Buckland    (UK)

Living in Southampton, Flybe is sadly pretty much my only option. In the last 12 months I have flown from Southampton to Manchester 4 times, with 3 delayed flights (approximately 2 hour delays each time) each meaning I have missed important meetings, with very little apologies each time. I'm currently sat in Southampton airport again delayed for my flight to Dusseldorf, which should have left 1hr 30mins ago. Flybe have given no indication of how much longer this delay will be, with information boards saying 'next information at...', which just keeps getting later and later. Unacceptable customer service, could at least give an indication of how much longer I am going to have to wait and waste my time in the airport. Flybe seem to assume passengers have nothing better to do than sit, wait, and be forced to spend money in the poor selection of food and drink establishments in Southampton airport. I wish we'd just driven to Heathrow and avoided this mess by flying with a more reliable airline, which is certainly what we will be doing going forward. Thanks for ruining the start to a precious weekend off Flybe!

flyBe Customer review :  5 December 2012 by Sean McNamara    (UK)

Must have been a one off, as had a reasonable experience flying BHX to Dusseldorf return recently. 0700hrs flight from BHX on a new E175 was a third full. Not a huge amount of legroom for someone that is 6ft+ but was made better with no one in front or behind. Return flight was pretty much full. Service onboard both was friendly yet functional. Hand luggage wasn't checked for size or weight on the way out nor back. Landed early on the 1740hrs return flight. Booked flights weeks in advance so obtained a good fare. If I had to fly the same route again, would probably use Lufthansa to avoid any shock charges with baggage, etc.

flyBe Customer review :  4 December 2012 by Mike Bennett    (Scotland)

Booked Aberdeen to Birmingham same day return, early flight out late afternoon back for bike show. Shortly after booking they changed our flights about 2 hours later, outbound flight was an hour late in leaving and the return flight almost 3 hours late. 2 people managed to get on plane that cabin staff were not aware of so their baggage had to be removed and identified. Customer service is not in their vocabulary.

flyBe Customer review :  4 December 2012 by Mike Jacques    (UK)

Return flights Newcastle-Belfast City-Newcastle. Both flights on time and very good all-round service from the cabin crew who went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. Both flights could not be faulted.

flyBe Customer review :  30 November 2012 by Stuart Walker    (Australia)

OK - I get the way low cost airlines work, but their petty rules are frustrating. I flew CDG to MAN. I was booked on the 4pm flight but managed to get to CDG early in the morning. I knew their were earlier flights so enquired at the service desk if I could get an earlier flight. There were available seats but I would have to pay an additional 280 Euros. It seems odd that they were prepared to let seats go empty. The flight itself was fine, crew friendly. Flight departed on time and arrived early.

flyBe Customer review :  27 November 2012 by S Litvack    (France)

Flew Paris - Birmingham return. Flight out no problem - only check in baggage that wasn't weighed. On return, at Birmingham when my check in baggage was weighed I was told it was 4kg over and it would cost me 55 to check it in! This was news to me as I had not seen the excess baggage charges anywhere on their website and had not been charged on the outward flight. When I expressed my horror, the check in attendant told me I had insulted her and she was denying me boarding. I was then told I would be put on the next flight - for which I would have to pay and I would still have to pay for my excess baggage! Customer Services, eventually, after a considerable amount of time managed to unravel it, I left my excess baggage at the airport and they allowed me to board. On return home I rechecked the website for the excess baggage cost information and was unable to find reference to the cost they quoted. FlyBe Customer Services, and their website are a disaster - zero transparency, zero consistency, zero reactivity.

flyBe Customer review :  16 November 2012 by S Lauder    (Jersey)

Terrible Airline. We flew around our destination for an hour, then were told going back to London. Most of the passengers got hotel vouchers, but for some reason, I didn't. On asking the slightly unhelpful LGW staff, got told "you're on the next available flight" (the next day) and they left it at that, even after the person next to me, and the person behind me got hotel vouchers. Never using them again.

flyBe Customer review :  15 November 2012 by L Lowthian    (UK)

In all the times I've ever flown with them (which unfortunately has been quite a lot) the flight has only ever left on time twice. Constant delays are unacceptable. I fly from Exeter and the security queues are also abysmally slow. Prices are severely inflated and the planes themselves uncomfortable. The website is as good as useless. I now make an extra one hours drive up to Bristol to fly with Easyjet.

flyBe Customer review :  7 November 2012 by Paul Clifford    (UK)

Exeter to Manchester. I am giving up on them and going to take the train from now on. The flights are late so often that it is difficult to plan appropriately.

flyBe Customer review :  30 October 2012 by Brian Johnston    (UK)

Am thoroughly fed up with Flybe customer services. My wife and I checked into the Flybe desk at Faro on the 29th September for the return trip to Exeter. Despite the fact that we had pre-booked our seats paying the New Economy Flight tariff, we were told the aircraft was too full to allow us to sit together. I complained to Flybe customer services yet I have not even received the courtesy of an acknowledgement. Both outbound and inbound flights were also an hour late on departure.