flyBe Customer Reviews and flyBe Passenger Trip Reports

flyBe Customer review :  20 March 2013 by A Orr    (Scotland)

Flew Paris CDG to Glasgow via Cardiff. Was aware that there was a short stopover at Cardiff but was given the impression that Glasgow bound passengers stayed on board. After all we had cleared security only a few hours earlier. Some on board had even purchased duty free at CDG believing that Glasgow was the only airport they would pass through. How foolish was I (and they). All Glasgow bound passengers had to uplift their belongings, leave the plane, pass through border control, re check-in and then clear security before boarding the same aircraft. Those with duty free over the 100ml limit had to put their baggage in the hold. There is possibly a good explanation as to why this happens but we were never given it either by staff on board or at Cardiff Airport. To me it seemed like an unnecessary and pointless exercise which succeeded only in raising angst levels amongst many of the hapless individuals who were subjected to it. Perhaps a bit of information from flybe would prepare passengers for the nonsense to come.

flyBe Customer review :  6 March 2013 by G Motte    (Netherlands)

Southampton to Amsterdam. I had a small carry-on well within the limit but I had literature and the weight was 12.7kg. I was asked to pay £40 for my luggage while it costs £16 online. They also claim you can only have one piece of luggage so I could not take my computer out and carry it by hand which would have lowered the weight. When I boarded 2 ladies also boarded with 3 bags each including one carry on luggage much bigger than mine.

flyBe Customer review :  5 March 2013 by Ed Bovis    (UK)

Newquay to Gatwick return. You get what you pay for. Cornwall to London in less than 1 hour. The customer service was excellent, polite and helpful. If you want food and beverages you pay extra and they are a little overpriced, but I can survive without a coffee for 55 minutes. The planes are fine for short haul, basic leather seats and the plane was clean and tidy. The main thing that lets them down as with most regional airlines is the booking service. The constant extras added for credit cards, baggage, choosing a seat etc. You also cannot make a reservation for 2 people leaving but returning at different times. You have to make 2 bookings with 2 booking fees and 2 lots of credit card fees. Also the baggage allowance is 20kg. Most international flights allow you23kg, so using FlyBe as a connecting airline they sting you for you larger suitcase. But over all for travelling short distances without luggage, if you book early enough its cheap.

flyBe Customer review :  27 February 2013 by A Welch    (UK)

Appalling service! In 6 flights from Southampton to Manchester since last August, not one of these flights has left on time. Resulting in loss of pre-booked onward bound train tickets and then having to pay another £25 for taxi to Portsmouth due to missed trains. Customer service not interested whatsoever and they always give a different excuse as to why flight was delayed than what flight crew actually give at the time! Website horrendous to navigate and still can't get anywhere. One flight, staff couldn't get the head count right. Always have an answer for everything.

flyBe Customer review :  26 February 2013 by J Horn    (UK)

I am a frequent flyer with Flybe on the Aberdeen to Birmingham route. Over the last 6 months in particular, delays have become the norm and are increasingly by hours rather than minutes. On this occasion the flight was scheduled to depart at 18.30. On arrival at the airport the flight was showing delayed until 20.00 which then became 22.00. At 22.30 there was an announcement that the flight was now delayed until 11.15am the following day!! No apology, no explanation. The flight the following day departed at 11.30am, again with very little apology made and certainly no explanation. Even for Flybe, a 17 hour delay is pretty spectacular! Also, beware of booking flights with Flybe on or around public holidays. The have a nasty habit of cancelling flights a few weeks before, presumably if they are not selling enough tickets!

flyBe Customer review :  20 February 2013 by James Sweetan    (UK)

I fly about 3 times a month between Manchester and Belfast, and have done so for about the last year. Only once have I seen a significant delay, the rest of the flights have been surprisingly punctual. Aircraft do seem to vary from the Dash 8 to the lovely new Embraer jets which are far more comfortable than easyJet aircraft or any other airline I have travelled on around Europe. The Northern Irish air hostesses are always friendly and accommodating, and sometimes it seems to be a Manchester crew too who are pleasant as well. Belfast City Airport is brilliant as well - I check in about 45 minutes before the flight leaves, with no hassle, have a good coffee and get on the plane. It is so much more convenient than using Belfast Aldergrove which is old and miles out of the city.

flyBe Customer review :  15 February 2013 by D Boyton    (Scotland)

Flybe cancelled the 15.00 from Birmingham to Glasgow without letting anyone know and just changed it to the 16.45. Obviously it wasn't a busy enough flight for them but nothing was mentioned, and there was not opportunity to change onto the Edinburgh flight. Even though a seat was booked and paid for, it couldn't be used on the next flight. Not a good experience and I wouldn't want to travel with them again.

flyBe Customer review :  12 February 2013 by T Reynolds    (UK)

Boarded on time, lovely welcome from the Belfast based crew. On time departure, 25 minute flight time during which time drinks and refreshments were offered for sale. Arrived early. All very easy and very efficient. I booked in advance so the fare was low.

flyBe Customer review :  12 February 2013 by Richard Scott    (Scotland)

I recently needed to fly from Dusseldorf to Glasgow and booked with Flybe travelling via Birmingham. This was an expensive flight - £580 return - as it was booked at short notice. I arrived at Dusseldorf for the flight and could see something was wrong. There were very long queues for security and just about everything else. My flight was not on the board and I searched the check in desks to try to find the check in for Flybe. I eventually found an unmanned check in desk with a Flybe sign behind it - almost hidden. I phoned a colleague in the UK who checked the flight for me and told me it was cancelled. Nobody from Flybe was there to help or tell us what was going on. It turned out that there was a strike of security staff - not Flybe's fault - but there was no information. British Airways staff helped as much as they could and were at least present! I eventually travelled the next day with Ryanair from Dussldorf Weeze to Edinburgh. My formal complaint to Flybe went unanswered. They do not care about customers - they just want your money.

flyBe Customer review :  1 February 2013 by J Miller    (UK)

I flew from Southampton to Glasgow, I spent 3 hours delayed at Southampton only to be flown to Edinburgh then Bussed to Glasgow. No information given.

flyBe Customer review :  25 January 2013 by K Cook    (UK)

I try to visit Jersey a few times a year as I have close family there. However I detest Flybe because of the numerous problems I have had with them over the last couple of years. With the demise of BMI Baby from East Midlands I now have Flybe from there or from Doncaster. A nice monopoly for them which has made my first attempt at getting to Jersey £70 dearer than it used to be. They cancel flights frequently, even if a slight delay is encountered they just chop the flight altogether. I dread to think how older people or those with extra needs cope with the inconvenience / stress when they are left stranded or flown to another airport miles away. Today of course the weather is a problem but Flybe were showing EMA to JSY as delayed and then suddenly it was back to being on schedule. We were en-route in bad weather when my daughter phoned and said it is now cancelled!

flyBe Customer review :  18 January 2013 by Z Warren    (UK)

We were in Jersey for a family funeral which was stressful enough, but on arrival at Jersey Airport for our return flight on 11th Jan we were told that our flight to East Midlands Airport was cancelled and we would be put on the flight to Manchester - and would be transferred by bus down to EMA, so instead of a 55 minute flight we had a 65 minute flight plus a 1 hr 30 minute bus journey.  FlyBe took over the EMA to Jersey route in October after the demise of BMI Baby, we have been flying to Jersey with BMI for 46 years and have never had any problems apart from weather related ones, and the first time we go with FlyBe it is cancelled. I was warned by people in Jersey that they had a reputation of cancelling for the slightest little thing and are called Fly Maybe by Channel Islanders.  I decided to look at the flights today and low and behold the EMA to Jersey was cancelled yet again but all other airlines flights were normal.  Use FlyBe at your peril you probably wont get there.

flyBe Customer review :  9 January 2013 by Helen Whittington    (UK)

Flight from Edinburgh to Southampton, special offer price of £143.98 eventually cost me £223.58. Flight including taxes £143.98 - Airlines credit card fee £22 - Additional services £29.98 (baggage) - Booking fee £27.62. Unfortunately because of family commitment I had to request a change of flight home to the next day and was told it would cost £100. I decided I wouldn't give them any more money and flew back with British Airways from Heathrow - a much cheaper option. I'm not at all happy with Flybe and do not intend to fly with them again.

flyBe Customer review :  8 January 2013 by R Mendoza    (USA)

MAN-CDG-SFO via FlyBe/Air France. FlyBe's online check in system messed one of our party's booking due to this current Air France/FlyBe partnership. In fact, it showed (second experience for us with this) the CDG-SFO journey as not having been checked in, only the MAN-CDG (FlyBe's portion) journey as being checked in. System is, therefore, very inaccurate. Although one buys and flies Air France as well as checks in online using Air France's website from the States it's the reverse from the UK. Thus, when doing online check in from the UK one is directed from the Air France site to the FlyBe site which does not make sense. Getting to the airport the check in agent claimed the booking was not to be found in the FlyBe system. Told we had to wait until their office opened in order to have management sort out the problem. Thankfully we arrived two hours before departure, but I cannot believe that passengers are at the mercy of the office being opened to sort out any booking issues. This almost caused us to miss our flight to Paris in order to connect to San Francisco. The agent then forgot to issue the complimentary drinks voucher and we forgot to ask due to the confusion. Onboard we were refused drinks due to lack of the voucher. Best thing to do is to avoid this Air France/FlyBe partnership and fly Air France for both long haul and connecting flights.

flyBe Customer review :  7 January 2013 by David Himan    (UK)

Used them for the first time. East Midlands to Edinburgh. Long delay as plane had a fault and had to get replacement. On return got on plane to be told there was a problem with one of the engines which they would fix. Over an hour and a half later we off loaded onto an other plane. If they had any idea about good customer relations they should have at least offered us a complementary drink. Would not use them again.

flyBe Customer review :  3 January 2013 by P McVeigh    (Scotland)

Use this airline regularly on the Belfast-Glasgow route. Only ever had one issue of a plane not being sent and it only delayed us by 20 minutes. Friendly and local staff with an excellent selection of easy check-in options. Would highly recommended this route.