flyBe Customer Reviews and flyBe Passenger Trip Reports

flyBe Customer review :  15 July 2013 by N Latham    (UK)

Just flew a return trip from Glasgow to East Midlands Airport and i have to say without a shadow of a doubt Flybe is the worst airline I have travelled with. They were half an hour delayed on my way to EMA and 2.5 hours delayed on the return this evening. Two delays in two days. There airplanes seem to constantly be facing poor maintenance issues alongside very rude staff, of whom there is a distinct lack of at most airports.

flyBe Customer review :  10 July 2013 by Brian Pope    (UK)

2-4 June 2013. BHX-EDI-BHX. Dash 8 - 400Q out - Embraer190 return. Both flights on time. Clean aircraft, chatty and efficient crew. Adequate seat for 70 minute sector. Trolley snacks/drinks available at reasonable cost. Good value overall. Cheep and Cheerful!

flyBe Customer review :  9 July 2013 by J Coyle    (Ireland)

Regular DUB-CFN flyer! Very competitively priced, they get you from A to B and I've never been late. My only negative point to say would be that the cabins can sometimes be cramped especially on the saab aircraft but you don't mind for a flight under 2 hours. Also complimentary tea, coffee or juice and snack; in this day and age in a 'low fares' model is very refreshing!

flyBe Customer review :  9 July 2013 by L Dixon    (UK)

Gatwick to Newcastle on 7th July. High price for the monopoly flight, poor overhead space, miserable crew. Give me BA anytime and they are not the best.

flyBe Customer review :  6 July 2013 by Tia Traynor    (UK)

A short haul flight from Paris to Birmingham. Very pleased that the flight was on time and we arrived a little bit earlier than scheduled. I think for a short journey, it was very good. The cabin was clean and the staff at Paris was friendly, the cabin crew could do with a bit more smile though. Overall, it was better than I expected.

flyBe Customer review :  4 July 2013 by L Sinead    (UK)

Supposed to fly Belfast - Glasgow on Saturday 29th June. Got to airport to discover the flight was cancelled without notice or explanation or apology. There were no staff about so I joined one of the queues at the check-in area, which was actually a queue for Glasgow-bound passengers, even though there was no obvious indication of this. Those of us in the queue were then allocated either to an Edinburgh flight or a later Glasgow flight, with no choice of which flight we could be on. I was put on the Edinburgh flight. This was then very delayed - but nobody told us, or explained why, or apologised, we only had the display screen to refer to. Eventually I got to Edinburgh, but had to pay to travel to Glasgow.

flyBe Customer review :  4 July 2013 by J Armstrong    (Northern Ireland)

Flew on Saturday, Manchester to Belfast. Delayed 5.5 hours due to technical difficulties. This was then contradicted when our very annoyed pilot admitted that he had been there on time to fly us to Belfast but his aircraft was taken off him to be used to fly a different flight. I'm guessing this was due to our flight not being full. Another flight to Belfast departed before us and we had to wait for our pilot to get a plane to Birmingham to bring another aircraft back. Staff lied to us about how long it would be for our next flight, every time it got to 5 mins until boarding they added another hour on to the time. I will never fly flybe again.

flyBe Customer review :  2 July 2013 by J Hillman    (UK)

Today's flight from Manchester to Knock cancelled "for technical reasons". Given how few passengers there were at the boarding gate, I assume the flight was not economically viable and this was the true reason. Ryanair are suspected of this ploy which is why I have stopped flying with them. I note comments from others passengers that there is a general feeling Flybe is no longer to be trusted.

flyBe Customer review :  2 July 2013 by R Robinson    (UK)

19th June, returning on the 20th. Birmingham, UK to Inverness, UK. BE831 and 832. Very regular traveller with Flybe taking normally a few trips per week. Yes, occasional delays but certainly no more than any other carrier I've used. Generally speaking, I nearly always get to the other end at the promised time, and also quite often a little early. The turboprops take some getting used to, but they are comfortable and you seem to get plenty of leg room. The jets are superb. Baggage space is a bit tight in the overheads, but a recent change now allows the same carry on bags as Ryanair and others. What makes Flybe shine is their crews, I now prefer them over other carriers. Choice of on board food a bit thin, but then most flights I take are only an hour or so in duration. Lastly, on the few occassions it has gone wrong, they have bent over backwards to put it right. Vouchers for refreshments at the airport are always provided without fuss when the delays run over a couple of hours. With their high frequency, your never far off the next flights if something really goes wrong.

flyBe Customer review :  2 July 2013 by J Fox    (UK)

Flew from Southampton to La Rochelle and back. The return flight was slightly delayed because of a problem with the aircraft but apart from that there were no problems. Pleasant crew, I would use them again.

flyBe Customer review :  27 June 2013 by Barry Ley    (UK)

Early pm flight, Leeds to Southampton cancelled yet again on 26/6/13, "technical difficulties". Why do Flybe think its passengers are stupid? Flybe staff at Leeds admitted insufficient numbers on the flight so cancelled and merged with the evening flight - seems this happens regularly. Also the flights seem to be cancelled just too late for customers to take flight options with others.

flyBe Customer review :  22 June 2013 by R Hurding    (UK)

Regular Shetland - Edinburgh traveller. Occasionally the Shetland end is affected by fog, not flybe's fault. On each occasion flybe have done their best to get us in. (A couple of times the plane has had to return full to Edinburgh.) Flight crew handled each occasion as best they could. Follow up arrangement / flights handled by terminal staff efficiently on landing. Seating spaces tight for anyone 6ft or over.

flyBe Customer review :  22 June 2013 by S Townsley    (Germany)

I am a regular flyer with Flybe, been a massive deterioration in service quality over the last few months. Last 3 flights all delayed by up to 2 hours due to "technical problems". Today - Birmingham to Stuttgart flight 10am - after waiting ages for information about boarding - told flight was cancelled due to "technical difficulties" - all put on evening flight 7 hours later - given a 7.50 voucher for inconvenience. At 5pm kept waiting again - due to more "technical difficulties" - finally all got on the aircraft but - told the slot had been missed and then told due to more "technical difficulties" we were transferred to another aircraft - took off at 6.45pm. General feeling is that the "technical difficulties" are just an excuse - doubling passengers from the morning flight to the evening flight just to save money. Rubbish service just lately - no information available in Birmingham - no management to make any decisions. No concept of customer service. I'm now looking at other options.

flyBe Customer review :  22 June 2013 by C Stead    (UK)

I use flybe on the Leeds to Southampton route. Last two flights have been a disaster, no indication at check in that flight isn't going anywhere. False impression as you are called to the gate only to be informed the flight is cancelled! Customer service is dire, I'm one of many flybe passengers who wont be flying with them again! My one hour flight to Southampton took 12 hours! Two cancelled flights and a bus trip to Manchester followed. My flight last week got cancelled for "Technical reasons", in other words it wasn't economic to fly us home. Flymaybenot should be their motto!

flyBe Customer review :  22 June 2013 by J Pepler    (UK)

I call Flybe FlyMaybe because that's how it seems to be with them. After a spell of getting better they seem to have gone back to their old ways. 2 weeks ago I was dropped from a flight I was booked on and moved to an earlier one with no explanation or choice. (Glasgow - Birmingham). Today I am flying Aberdeen to Birmingham and the flight is cancelled due to 'a technical fault' and all passengers are re- booked on the next flight 4 hours later. Sounds a bit odd to me. I wonder if the 'technical' reason is not enough passengers to fill 2 flights and make a profit. Colleagues have reported similar issues on this route recently. I will be giving Flybe a miss from now on - Virgin and BA both fly Heathrow to Aberdeen which is just as accessible as Birmingham.

flyBe Customer review :  20 June 2013 by Norman Claringbull    (UK)

Yet again Flybe cancelled the Leeds/Southampton flight. Talking to ground staff and fellow passengers it seems that this cancellation is a regular occurrence. I'll never use Flybe again!

flyBe Customer review :  14 June 2013 by Martin Hallworth    (UK)

Flybe are not good at the moment! I fly every week MAN - Aberdeen return, recently there is always a problem, plane faults, counting the passengers on, getting wheelchair passengers off! They need to improve this flight on a very busy route, they will soon loose regular customers if they don't improve their act.

flyBe Customer review :  13 June 2013 by John Strous    (UK)

My flight from Leeds/Bradford on Monday morning to Southampton was cancelled and I had to be transferred to Manchester for flight to Southampton arriving there 4 hours late which meant I missed my appointment at 12.30pm which was the main reason for the trip in the first place. To cap it all my flight back from Southampton to Leeds/Bradford on Tuesday evening was delayed by over 2 hours which rounded off a miserable experience with Flybe, never again, it was a complete waste of money and time.