flyBe Customer Reviews and flyBe Passenger Trip Reports

flyBe customer review :  10 September 2012 by P Ameil    (UK)

Trip Rating : 10/10

Flew (for the 1st time) with Flybe from Manchester to Belfast City (03/09/12) and return (07/09/12). Paid just under 70.00 return which included advanced seat selection. Both flights on time, aircraft clean and cabin crew friendly. Going by this, I would certainly consider flying with them again!

flyBe customer review :  10 September 2012 by Robert Allen    (France)

Trip Rating : 8/10

Flew Avignon to Exeter and returned four days later. Outgoing flight on time. Return flight delayed by half an hour due to fog earlier in the day at Exeter resulting in a back-up. Most of the delay was made up. Cabin crew efficient and pleasant. Will fly again with this company.

flyBe customer review :  7 September 2012 by J Tydeman    (UK)

Trip Rating : 4/10

Flew to Edinburgh from Southampton and back next day. Expensive ticket (as usual), service alright but charged 60 to check in a bag which is daylight robbery. Flybe have an almost complete monopoly on the route network out of Southampton which is very bad for passenger choice and ticket prices. Southampton airport need to work harder to attract airlines offering routes Flybe don't.

flyBe customer review :  7 September 2012 by PJ Mattinsley    (UK)

Trip Rating : 10/10

I have used flyBe several times between Birmingham and Belfast. I haven't experienced any delays, the aircraft have always been clean, the staff (both on the ground and in the air) friendly and helpful. When I needed to change a flight at short notice, this was done easily and at very reasonable cost. Similarly, a typographical error I made on a booking was corrected without fuss or cost. Whilst flyBe is currently the only low-cost carrier on the Birmingham - Belfast City route, that doesn't mean I wouldn't choose them. I have had poor experiences with many other airlines at far greater cost but even then a single bad experience does not make a bad airline. I would recommend flyBe based on several flawless flights with them.

flyBe customer review :  6 September 2012 by Stephen D'Arcy    (Belgium)

Trip Rating : 8/10

Brussels - Manchester - Brussels: out on 10/8/12, back on 26/8/12. Both flights on-time in Dash-Embraer planes (2x 2 seating - maybe 100 seats). Neither flight was full. Service good, in-flight magazine good. FlyBe have now decided to stop flying this route so in future my options are Brussels Airlines (no charge for hold baggage) or Ryanair from Brussels Charleroi (who do charge for hold baggage). Another carrier on the Brussels Zaventem - Manchester route (Aer Lingus? Lufthansa?) would be welcome.

flyBe customer review :  4 September 2012 by Simon McKenzie    (UK)

Trip Rating : 1/10

Manchester to Southampton 31 August 2012 - flight BE864. I had a cruise booked from Southampton on the 31st August. We booked seats on the 10.45 flight from Manchester, which would give use plenty of time to get the cruise. The first indication that something was wrong was at about 10.00 when the departure board detailed 'More info at 11.00', as 11.00 approached this was changed to 'More info at 11.30' then at 11.30 a departure time of 14.30 was given on the departure board, this would have meant that we could just about make it to the cruise terminal in time. Alas this departure time crept ever further forward until reaching 15.35, which ‘surprise, surprise’ was the time of a second Flybe flight to Southampton and which was cancelled earlier. Now call me cynical but it would appear that the two flights were rolled into one with the passengers being treated as numbers on seats and nothing more. It was more than likely known by Flybe that the departure time was always going to be 15:35 but they chose not to let the passengers know this. Yes thanks to Flybe we missed the cruise but we have learned not to use this particular airline again.

flyBe customer review :  30 August 2012 by C Lyall    (UK)

Trip Rating : 0/10

Flybe have a monopoly from Glasgow to Southampton and their fares are 36% higher than BE Glasgow to Heathrow. Also in a period of three days they increase their fares for the same flights by approx 11% for no obvious reason. Its high time there was a bit of competition on this route and possible others In their smaller planes there is inadequate cabin locker space to stow a bag which can pass the strict measurement.

flyBe customer review :  29 August 2012 by Alistair Kerr    (UK)

Trip Rating : 1/10

To Belfast from Glasgow on Monday 20th, returning on Thursday 23rd August 2012, I was not impressed, to say the least. My original flight (BE134, due to leave Glasgow at 14.15) was cancelled, and replaced with BE130 – not leaving until 17.20). Arriving at Glasgow airport on 20th, we checked-in and waited for our flight. Due to leave at 17.20, delayed until 18.30. Going back on the Thursday was even worse. We left plenty of time to get to the airport (flight BE133, leaving at 13.00). At 13.00 informed the flight was delayed due to some unknown and unexplained technical fault, and we would get more information at 14.00. At 14.00 a very brief announcement was made over the airport public address system that “the flight has been cancelled and travellers are requested to reclaim their baggage and report to the Flybe desk”. We were shunted from pillar to post. Eventually, we reclaimed our luggage and waited in a long queue at the Flybe desk. We were luckily given 2 seats on the next Glasgow flight (BE129 due to leave at 16.10) and a paltry 5 food voucher! Having to go through airport security a second time was also more than a little trying. Flight BE129 eventually left Belfast at 14.20. I will certainly not be using Flybe again in the future.

flyBe customer review :  29 August 2012 by Colin Pay    (UK)

Trip Rating : 10/10

AMS-SOU. Flight on time, seating and leg room fine for short journey. We did not pay for any "extras".

flyBe customer review :  29 August 2012 by K Thomson    (UK)

Trip Rating : 10/10

Travelled from Donegal to Glasgow today and was great! Check in very smooth and staff nice! We boarded early and took off early which meant we got into Glasgow much earlier than planned. Also provided with free tea/coffee/juice/biscuits on board which last year on AirArran we had to pay for! Great for the price as we got 20kg luggage allowance and would definitely fly again with them!

flyBe customer review :  29 August 2012 by S Bishop    (UK)

Trip Rating : 0/10

Flight to the Isle of Man cancelled - supposedly due to technical problems. Ruined my holiday. At the service counter staff tried to avoid paying for my transport from Edinburgh to Glasgow the next day so that I could fly out. Many Manx residents in the line informed me that this happens all the time when FlyBe decide the flight is uneconomical. Very poor customer service and foresight. Where possible I will avoid flying with them again- even if it costs me.

flyBe customer review :  23 August 2012 by D Tse    (UK)

Trip Rating : 7/10

MAN-JER. Short flight from Manchester to Jersey; I was travelling on a company ticket. Flybe is the only airline providing direct flights between both places. Check-in and boarding were smooth, though the flight was delayed by more than 2 hours. It is a 'budget' airline, so I didn't come with any high expectations - didn't walk away with any disappointment either. Punctuality is a slight problem to Flybe.

flyBe customer review :  22 August 2012 by M Curtis    (UK)

Trip Rating : 0/10

Was supposed to fly to Jersey from Southampton at 8.30am on Monday 20th August, on arrival I was ushered to the "Help Desk" where I was informed that it was cancelled due to bad weather in Jersey last night! They could get me on the 7.55pm flight which meant losing a days work. I asked why they didn't get an aircraft in earlier for the flight and was told because of "Noise Restrictions". Why didn't they contact me before I travelled for 2 hours to the airport, I could have made other arrangements. I will try and use other airlines when possible.

flyBe customer review :  17 August 2012 by K Prestidge    (UK)

Trip Rating : 0/10

Regular traveller on the Birmingham to Isle of Man route for over a year now. Prior to their ridiculous flight times they have now the flights were occasionally delayed since changing them back in March they have been delayed constantly. There seems to be a lack of concern from Flybe with the constant delays, I tend to now feel grateful if it's only an hour delay as I've had several cancelled, 12hr+ and >2hr delays on a regular basis. I find it irritating that they put the delay at 2hrs just so that they don't have to issue food / drink vouchers as apparently this is for flights delayed for More than 2hr delays, by which time in the IOM the catering has stopped or sandwiches run out. The check in and air stewards are really good, they appreciate the pain we're going through and are equally hacked off with it all and pretty much ignored by there company when they try to pass on the customers complaints. Please can we have another airline take on this route and make it reasonable times for travelling for a working day but equally allowing you home of an evening to see your family and friends and be reliable!

flyBe customer review :  15 August 2012 by B Langford    (UK)

Trip Rating : 8/10

My partner and I travelled Flybe for the first time from Birmingham to Edinburgh on 09/08/12. The flight was on time, the plane clean and staff friendly. The return flight on 12/08/12 was just as good. We will be flying with them again.

flyBe customer review :  14 August 2012 by A Bowdler    (UK)

Trip Rating : 0/10

Three flights in as many weeks from Southampton to Manchester and each time a significant delay. Just arrived with the web service showing no delay to a shocking 4 hour delay to a fifty minute flight! Change the name to Fly maybe me thinks!

flyBe customer review :  14 August 2012 by Matthew Davies    (UK)

Trip Rating : 3/10

Cardiff to Edinburgh return, took on hand luggage on stored it in the over head locker. Return flight Flybe said the bag was too big and had to pay 40 pound to store the bag. Staff at EDI were unhelpful and only interested in taking my money. Flight was good though, but staff interaction with the passengers was shambolic plus their bag sizes for taking hold items needs to be revised to improve consistency.

flyBe customer review :  8 August 2012 by F Bremner    (UK)

Trip Rating : 0/10

Will not fly with flybe again due to their cabin bag dimensions being 5cm less than every other airline. As they charge 40 extra to put bags that would be allowable on other airlines in the hold, I feel this is a money making scam. When their flights already are more expensive than budget airlines, this seems to be adding insult to injury. As I'm using this flight to connect to a long haul flight, I have already paid additional charges to add extra weight to my hold bag. Will be using an alternative airline or get the train next time.

flyBe customer review :  3 August 2012 by D McGuinness    (UK)

Trip Rating : 2/10

Due to a flybe error my credit card had not been debited for my sons ticket Birmingham to Glasgow. At check in delay, delay, delay as the individual appeared to have some sort of "lock up" as she really could not cope with an unexpected situation. Off to customer services, to be met by sullen and unhelpful woman (ID card skilfully tucked into her blouse so you could not read her name). Then suddenly tossing out paper work to a much more helpful chap. The overall feeling being that the error (FlyBe's) was my problem.

flyBe customer review :  1 August 2012 by J Tydeman    (UK)

Trip Rating : 2/10

My partner and I are flying from Southampton to Manchester. Firstly, our flight is delayed for the non-reason of 'delayed arrival of the inbound aircraft'. Supposedly it is only delayed by 30 minutes but then 5 minutes before the new departure time a new announcement is made to say that the plane is at the airport but it's going to be more delayed. No reason offered though I suspect it is because the air crew have decided to take the evening off to watch the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics. Our planned return flight has already been subjected to another unexplained but quite significant schedule change which will deprive us of a whole afternoon in Manchester.

flyBe customer review :  27 July 2012 by N Robson    (UK)

Trip Rating : 0/10

I have had the mis-fortune of having to commute from LBA to SOU for three months and I have never witnessed such chaos. Cancelled flights and long delays are more common than on time. I never thought I would yearn for Ryanair - two years on LBA to DUB route and, from memory, no more than five noticeable delays and never a cancellation. I will be taking the train from now as currently experiencing yet another unexplained three hour delay. Crew illness is the usual excuse - no surprise working for this lot.

flyBe customer review :  26 July 2012 by Steve Portch    (UK)

Trip Rating : 0/10

Regular traveller on BHX-IOM route for over a year now and punctuality is a disgrace since they stopped basing the flight in the IOM. Almost always late both ways - an hour is the minimum on the 19.55 return and that's if things are running 'normally'. Communication with the paying customers when things go wrong is virtually non-existent - one captain did tell us that this is company policy! Also the cost of flight changes is nothing short of scandalous, when I wanted to change the return leg only, the charge was 50 more than the cost of the original return flight. The only saving grace is the flight attendants, always cheerful and polite even when faced with some pretty irate passengers. If any other carrier wants to run this route from BHX, LTN or EMA, I'll be first in the queue.

flyBe customer review :  16 July 2012 by G Player    (UK)

Trip Rating : 0/10

I fly most weeks from Manchester, UK to Brussels, Belgium, where the choice of carrier is somewhat limited. On my last three flights, I have had delays of 2 hours, 3 hours and 1.5 hours, all due to 'technical problems', one of which required a change of aircraft. In fact, I am astonished when they actually leave within 30 minutes of published time, maybe 1 flight in 6? Just a few weeks earlier, my outbound flight was delayed by 2 hours, and my return flight later that week by 18 hours (yes, it required an extra overnight stay!). Exchanging stories with other stranded passengers revealed that my experiences were far unique - on the same day that my outbound flight was delayed by two hours, the next outbound flight that same day also had a 2 hour delay for 'technical problems'. I have formally complained to Flybe (twice) but can get nothing more than an automated reply, promising a response in 28 days (they don't, of course!). Time to explore other options, I think.

flyBe customer review :  14 July 2012 by Paul Meads    (UK)

Trip Rating : 0/10

Always expect the unexpected, booked direct flights from BHX to GLA on consecutive days. On the way up went via Isle of Man and arrived 2.5 hours late and tonight we've been told were travelling via Aberdeen! If they don't know where their going what chance have we got? Hopefully get home today after the Magical Mystery Tour. And as usual no explanation or reasons given.

flyBe customer review :  10 July 2012 by Sande Hvide    (Germany)

Trip Rating : 5/10

DUS-SOU, SOU-DUS. No check-in terminal at DUS. Had to wait 30 minutes in line. Staff at ground was helpful, though. Absolutely no (free) service on board. The first flight was not on time. Didn't make it to the AVIS office at SOU during regular business hours and had to pay an after hours charge. There were check-in terminals at SOU and baggage drop-off took 2 minutes only - including waiting. Flight wasn't on time again. Again, no service during the flight. A Dash 8 was used in both cases which is also a limiting factor to satisfaction. Aircraft was relatively new, though. While FlyBe might a half decent choice on short-haul flights, I still wouldn't want to fly with them on trips lasting more than two hours.

flyBe customer review :  4 July 2012 by Julie Taylor    (UK)

Trip Rating : 0/10

Booked this morning for a flight from Leeds to Exeter. Printed it off, drove to airport (1hour) and told flight was cancelled! They must be the very worst airline for customer service and reliability. Go by rail! When you try to reclaim the cost, they have the audacity to tell you that they may take 28 days to return your money to you for a service which they never fulfilled. Outrageous.

flyBe customer review :  3 July 2012 by K White    (UK)

Trip Rating : 0/10

Paid 190 for a return flight Cardiff - Edinburgh. 29/06 - Cardiff to Edinburgh flight delayed over an hour. 01/07 - Edinburgh to Cardiff delayed over two hours. Kept waiting between gate and plane, then again when on plane. Staff arrived after 10 minutes with packs of canned fizzy drinks, a pretty trivial reason for keeping a bunch of tired passengers hanging around! Both delays blamed on late arrival of plane from Jersey.

flyBe customer review :  29 June 2012 by Paul Jones    (UK)

Trip Rating : 0/10

Astonishingly bad. Flew from Cardiff to Glasgow on Tuesday, flight delayed by an hour, went through boarding gate and all passengers then told the flight was cancelled and there were a few seats on the Edinburgh flight that they had delayed by an hour and a half. Service staff demonstrated no empathy and pointedly rude to stunned passengers. Arbitrary mechanism for selecting who to kick off the flight and no guarantee about who could travel the following day. Was due in at 9.40pm, bus got to Glasgow airport at 1am and all passengers had to wait ages in the rain for few taxis. Return flight was delayed by an hour and three quarters. This airline is diabolical.

flyBe customer review :  28 June 2012 by William Reay    (UK)

Trip Rating : 10/10

My wife and I flew from Luton to Jersey and back last week using Flybe for the first time, we were was very impressed with the polite and helpful staff both at check in and cabin staff also the punctual time of the flights. The aircraft a Dash 800 was very comfortable if a little noisy, but then it is a propeller driven aircraft.

flyBe customer review :  27 June 2012 by F Toney    (UK)

Trip Rating : 2/10

Monday 18 June Manchester to Southampton 1hr 45m late take off and the return flight next day 2 hours late taking off. Always same reason given, technical fault with the plane, so frustrating. I have travelled with flybe a few times in the past and have always been late taking off except on one occasion. If they brush up on their time keeping they would be a good airline to fly with as the cabin crew are generally pleasant and helpful.

flyBe customer review :  25 June 2012 by I McFarlane    (UK)

Trip Rating : 0/10

The usual farce from Flybe on a Friday night from Southampton to Edinburgh, supposed to depart at 18.35, which came and went, with no delay announced on the board. Eventually boarded (in some chaos) at 19.00 and eventually took off at 19.30, almost an hour late. I think the seat pitch has also been reduced on the Embraer planes to squeeze more in, so uncomfortable, overpriced, late and zero communication. Unfortunately typical for this route, if there was another choice I'd use it! The service is not improving.

flyBe customer review :  22 June 2012 by Clive Thomas    (UK)

Trip Rating : 8/10

SOU-AMS return - Dash 8 both ways - decent price (220 inclusive), SOU as efficient as ever - outbound on time, half full but folks seated together for CofG compliance on take-off. Pleasant crew - on time arrival even allowing for the bus journey into the terminal at AMS. Return on time (2055 departure), 5 mins late at SOU despite endless (well, at least 20 mins) taxi to the remote runway at the Polderbaan and a headwind throughout the flight. Decent announcements on both flights, usual food and drink offering. Shame there's now no lounge offering at AMS for Flybe, as I usually have a couple of hours where I could get work done before the flight. Quickly out and onto the M27 - so much better than the schlep out to the car parks at LHR. Summary - when it all works, this service is fab.

flyBe customer review :  20 June 2012 by Steve Keane    (UK)

Trip Rating : 0/10

Wife stuck in LBIA for another 4 hours waiting for the Flybe flight to Southampton, third time in as many weeks. We both travel frequently to Southampton, my last experience on the 25th May ended up with a cancellation meaning flying to Newcastle and coach back to Leeds; end to end took 10.5 hours. Great start to the weekend. Am down next week in Southampton, just cancelled my flight and now am going to drive down.

flyBe customer review :  19 June 2012 by Azlan Hashim    (Malaysia)

Trip Rating : 8/10

A Finnair flight but operated by Flybe, from Helsinki to Vilnius. I was assigned on seat 4A by a very friendly check-in staff. It was a short flight yet, crew completed duties with a smile. Embraer plane legroom was pretty tight it fine for flight which less than 2 hours. I did not buy the onboard food or drink and there was no in-flight entertainment.

flyBe customer review :  19 June 2012 by Arthur Hedley    (UK)

Trip Rating : 0/10

Worst airline ever. Aberdeen - Birmingham is a lottery. Many cancelled flights every other one delayed. No one cares. Check in desk just repeat "planes gone tech" which I suppose means it has broken down. If they are that unreliable makes you nervous about getting up in the air in one. Truth is we have a laugh in the lounge, depending on how many are on the flight will depend on whether or not it goes, "planes gone tech" might sometimes mean "not commercially viable".

flyBe customer review :  18 June 2012 by Elizabeth Sclafani    (USA)

Trip Rating : 0/10

I live in New York, flew to Manchester and had a connecting flight to the Isle Of Man, I was on holiday for 3 weeks. The flight to the Island was fine, but my return back to Manchester @ Ronaldsway is another story. The night before leaving I tried to check in through the computer to check in my 2 pieces of luggage and get my boarding pass. I was not able to get thru, so in the morning I made my way to Ronaldsway. As I checked in I was told that I had to pay for my luggage. It was explained to me that the cost would be GBP30 for one piece and the second piece of luggage was going to be charged as add weight. I could not understand why I was not able to pay for another piece of luggage like the first one. So the outcome was that I had to pay GBP391 (American dollars 628.14) to take my second bag with me. The plane trip to the island cost me GBP249.00. At that point, 6:00 AM what was I to do just leave my belongings? So I had to hand over my credit card to be able to take my second suit case. This is not a good customer relations!! The woman at the desk said there wasn't a thing she could do. So my question is why aren't you allowed to have 2 suit cases? Especially coming from another country and not knowing what all the rules are, I feel as though I was being taking advantage of!

flyBe customer review :  18 June 2012 by R Peary    (UK)

Trip Rating : 9/10

We traveled from Manchester airport to Hannover. Flights on time, and arrived early in Manchester. The check in at both ends was efficient and the people polite and helpful, the inflight service was good.

flyBe customer review :  14 June 2012 by R McCaffrey    (UK)

Trip Rating : 0/10

Booked direct flight from Isle of Man to Southampton - this later changed to an indirect flight via Manchester. Arrived in Manchester, checked the board as our flight to Southampton was due to depart at 15.35 - a stated that information would be updated at 15.30 hrs. Eventually the message changed to “cancelled”, not a single word of notification was given. Eventually a lady arrived and informed passengers that we would be transferred onto the 17.00 flight to Southampton. Instead of leaving at 17.00 as expected, we were told it was delayed until 17.15. When we got onboard at 17.35, we waited on the runway whilst the cabin crew checked and re-checked passengers - only when I asked were we told that passenger numbers differed from the desk. We were advised to prepare for landing, next thing I knew we were heading back up to the sky! I and other passengers had no idea what was happening. At one point I thought we were heading back to Manchester. The captain never spoke, not at this point or when we did land. Eventually arrived at our destination 7 hrs later. I can appreciate delays happen, but communication between staff and the paying customer was an absolute disgrace.

flyBe customer review :  11 June 2012 by Spike Morgan    (UK)

Trip Rating : 9/10

Flying from Manchester to Exeter 3rd June 2012 Aircraft couldn't be used because of technical difficulties, feared the worst but alternative aircraft provided 15 mins later even though there were only 38 passengers. Apologies given to passengers onboard for delay. Return flight to Manchester was slightly delayed but made time and arrived at scheduled time. Staff were polite and very smart and aircraft very clean.

flyBe customer review :  8 June 2012 by Emmanuel Cuignet    (France)

Trip Rating : 1/10

Cardiff-CDG, operated by Flybe but sold on Air France's website. I bought a return ticket, when sold on their website it should provide a full fee paying airline's service. On the 1st leg CDG-CDW, I got a "food and snack voucher" which allowed me to transform flybe into a "normal airline". On the way back, I was greeted with utter rudeness at CDW from Flybe staff and told that this was a pure flybe flight and to take a hike for the "food and drink" voucher. Complained to their codeshare partner, and got 3000 miles from Air France for the mess from flybe. Flybe staff need to learn manners and what it it entails to have a "codeshare" flight! Never again with them, even via codeshare! I'd rather drive from LHR to Cardiff!

flyBe customer review :  8 June 2012 by S Bushnell    (UK)

Trip Rating : 1/10

I wish I'd seen this site before booking to return from Rennes to Exeter. There seems to be a reoccurring theme of flights being amalgamated for 'technical' reasons, undoubtedly driven by cost savings. I checked into my Flybe flight departing Rennes for Exeter at 13.00 and was given a given a boarding time of 14.25 for 14.50 departure. A delay to flight departure of 30 mins was announced. The Exeter flight was subsequently cancelled and re-routed on to for Southampton departing 18.10 with onward bus travel to Exeter. This flight was then delayed with a subsequent departure time of 20.10 (during which time we subsequently discovered that the Exeter passengers had been bussed to Southampton. We were transferred by bus which eventually arrived at Exeter airport at approximately 23.15, as opposed to the scheduled arrival time of 14.45. I had planned my onward travel to home by train and by this time no trains were running so I incurred a 100 taxi fare to get me home.

flyBe customer review :  7 June 2012 by Alastair Finch    (UK)

Trip Rating : 7/10

Worried about flying EMA-BHD on flybe after previous comments. Check-in was excellent both ends, plane dash 8 smooth but very noisy with minimal leg room. Cabin crew excellent and even though return was 15 minutes late were still very pleasant.

flyBe customer review :  5 June 2012 by A Moore    (UK)

Trip Rating : 0/10

Bergerac to Exeter. Like another reviewer, we were booked on the evening flight from Bergerac to Exeter on Saturday 26th May. When we booked in our luggage, we were told that the flight was being diverted to Birmingham due to (quote) 'staffing difficulties' and that we would be transported to Exeter by coach. We subsequently found out that the Birmingham flight had been due to leave at 3.30 pm so passengers for that flight had been waiting for 5 hours. When we boarded the plane (Exeter and Birmingham passengers), it was about 3/4 full so patently obvious that the real reason why the flights had been amalgamated was to save on Flybe costs with absolutely no consideration for their customers. Instead of arriving in Exeter at 9 pm, we arrived at 1.15 am. The introduction to Flybe's Passenger Charter, under the slogan Making Flying Better, includes the promise of a safe, reliable and punctual journey. Safe maybe, but certainly not reliable or punctual ! After the extras Flybe add on, they are not a cheap Airline but you can expect a cheap and shoddy service although the harassed Flybe staff at Bergerac Airport and the cabin crew did their level best to re- assure passengers. Will we be flying again with Flybe? Most definitely not.

flyBe customer review :  1 June 2012 by C Goldsmith    (UK)

Trip Rating : 3/10

Isle of Man to Bristol. Flight due to depart at 13.35, changed at very last minute to 14.00, no explanation available. Passengers for the Liverpool and Birmingham flights also delayed. Explanation that first flight of day had been cancelled, causing knock-on havoc for rest of day. Flight times kept being altered at the very last minute, no explanations. Would it be that difficult to keep passengers informed? Eventually told we would be amalgamated with the Birmingham flight which was not full and then coached to Bristol. Finally left Ronaldsway at 17.25, arrived at Birmingham, to be hustled onto coach outside, while the officials seemed quite put out that some of us wanted a toilet stop first! Arrived at Bristol 21.30 and spent a joyless night in the airport until our driver, who had had to leave for another appointment, picked us up at 03.00 next morning. They are getting 3 points only because there was prompt provision of food vouchers at Ronaldsway and sandwiches and water at Birmingham for the coach trip.

flyBe customer review :  29 May 2012 by K Barker    (UK)

Trip Rating : 0/10

Bergerac to Exeter. Checked in at 18.30 for a 20.20 take off. Informed that the flight would not go to Exeter (no reason given) but would go to Birmingham instead (only 180 miles away) and we would then get a bus to to Exeter (arriving in the middle of the night). Then found out that the people sitting dejectedly in the departure hall were passengers for Birmingham who had checked in for a morning flight. The captain told us when we got onboard that flying to Exeter did not justify the additional fuel, there were 30 pax for Exeter. The cabin crew informed us that the schedule had been changed at lunch time. The flight to Exeter was changed for financial reasons and the inconvenience of 30 passengers was a calculated risk by Flybe. Given the likelihood of persistent unreliability we won't be using Flybe again even though Exeter and Southampton airports are very convenient for us. At 150 each for the round trip it wasn't a cheap flight either.

flyBe customer review :  28 May 2012 by Stephan Court    (UK)

Trip Rating : 0/10

Southampton to Dublin. I travel this route frequently (4 times per year), and I can tell you that in the four years I have been making this trip it is extremely rare for it to take off on time. I joked once to a member of the crew "why do Flybe call the flight the 18.40 from Dublin, it never leaves before 20.00", she laughed. It is now the 20.40 from Dublin, and I am sat here typing this because now it is delayed until 22.15. Be prepared for a delay of some description.

flyBe customer review :  24 May 2012 by Paul Lynch    (UK)

Trip Rating : 0/10

Manchester to Edinburgh. This flight was cancelled (apparently for 'technical reasons') which seems to be a common theme - and was put on the later flight. I discovered the earlier flight only had around 40 booked on it and the later flight originally only had 25 passengers. I raised a complaint to their Customer Service team over 3 weeks ago and have not had any response. I'm a frequent leisure and business flyer (short and long haul) and hold silver membership cards for both BMI and BA (as well as flying blue for KLM and AirFrance) so have good knowledge and experience of flying - which is why I can say categorically that flyBe is the worst airline I have used and clearly do not rate customer satisfaction highly enough on their agenda.

flyBe customer review :  24 May 2012 by Chris Ward    (UK)

Trip Rating : 10/10

Norwich to Jersey but could not land at Jersey Airport because of fog, diverted to Gatwick where they provided a meal for us and flight back to Jersey 2 hours later. All staff were polite, reassuring and helpful.

flyBe customer review :  22 May 2012 by Andrew Duff    (UK)

Trip Rating : 8/10

SOU-EDI return and SOU-LBA return in the same week. Pleased to see that my repeated complaints about their booking system seem to have had an effect. It's much improved - more upfront and transparent, no debit card charges. Edinburgh flights both good - on time, crew cheerful. Return flight from Leeds delayed by 90 minutes, but staff/crew were apologetic and did manage to reduce the delay to 70 minutes by the time we landed. Aircraft were three Q400s and an Embraer 195 on EDI-SOU. Some of the Q400s are starting to look a little tatty now, but the 195 is still a pleasure to fly on. Overall a good experience, would have been excellent without the delay.

flyBe customer review :  22 May 2012 by K Buxton    (Norway)

Trip Rating : 0/10

Edinburgh to Manchester. Checked departure time before leaving for the airport - everything was on time. Arrived at the airport - flight was showing as departing on time. Checked in and was given a boarding card which stated a completely new boarding time - almost 4 hours later than the flight I had booked. Was told my flight had been cancelled, meaning I would miss my connection on another airline from Manchester. Arrived in Manchester after my second flight had left, had to buy a new ticket for the next day, and had to pay for a hotel for the night. I learned the hard way that taking the train is the best option. They wouldn't tell me why the flight was cancelled, but as the evening flight had a total of around 20 passengers on a 78-seater aircraft, I can put two and two together and see that they cancel flights when they consider there aren't enough passengers. I have booked my next flight with a full-service airline, and have paid nearly 3 times as much for the ticket. I have flown this airline 3 times, on each occasion my flights have been cancelled, without prior notification.

flyBe customer review :  16 May 2012 by Adrian J Bailey    (UK)

Trip Rating : 9/10

Flew from Belfast City to London Gatwick, used self service check-in and only had cabin baggage, security very fast, flights departed and arrived early. Onboard the E195, very clean cabin, sufficient legroom for flight, 3 female cabin crew immaculate and gave excellent and efficient service without any hard sell despite a full flight.

flyBe customer review :  16 May 2012 by D Glasgow    (UK)

Trip Rating : 1/10

Afraid its the cabin luggage scam complaint again. I booked through Last Minute, which detailed the IATA standard sizes, on the booking confirmation. I always use a cabin Max bag which matches these exactly. When checking in I discovered that Flybe have a much smaller allowance. They don't say or admit that unless forced to. I saw 7 or 8 other passengers fleeced in the same way. Cost me 40 extra. I don't buy the 'read the small print' excuse - I read the booking confirmation carefully. The only way to punish this kind of scam is to never fly FlyBe again. And I won't.

flyBe customer review :  15 May 2012 by C Adrian Hutton    (UK)

Trip Rating : 1/10

Flybe's ok when it works, but the Southampton-Manchester route seems to be plagued with problems, the latest being a two-hour delay last night. Similar delays have occurred on at least 50% of the times we have used the airline. And they have the effrontery to charge a large premium when you book your flight using their own credit card! They're almost in the Ryanair league when it comes to additional charges. I agree that the staff are as helpful as can be, but that doesn't make up for the deficiencies in the whole operation.

flyBe customer review :  9 May 2012 by Karen Whitaker    (UK)

Trip Rating : 5/10

Delayed over 3 hours from Manchester to Southampton and all we got was a 5 meal voucher, which bought a sandwich and not enough for a drink as well ! Eventually when we were on the plane not even a complimentary drink. Further flights were delayed whilst we were there and the Aberdeen flight got cancelled.

flyBe customer review :  9 May 2012 by C Waddell    (UK)

Trip Rating : 9/10

Was booked to travel Birmingham to Edinburgh then Edinburgh to Stornoway. Because it was cheaper to book this as two separate journeys rather than in one I did this. However the first leg was delayed by over an hour causing me to miss the connection. Saff at Flybe Edinburgh were marvellous. They provided dinner, bed and breakfast and the onward flight at no charge to my pocket. Service brilliant from Flybe (shame about the Quality Inn at the airport though).

flyBe customer review :  9 May 2012 by Barry Stocker    (UK)

Trip Rating : 1/10

For the past several months I have flown on a weekly basis from MAN to ABZ, no problems with the outgoing flights which are mostly on time but the incoming flights are rarely on time with delays of 2 hours not uncommon with the same old excuses "Technical issues". BMI have an earlier flight which leaves 50 minutes before the Flybe flight and this flight is mostly on time. I am changing to BMI for all future flights from ABZ and will not travel Flybe again as a matter of choice. It appears to me that Flybe have no regard for passengers from ABZ! I cannot fault Flybe cabin crew who are always courteous and friendly.

flyBe customer review :  2 May 2012 by Geoff Fox    (UK)

Trip Rating : 10/10

Flew Manchester to Hannover return on a new Embraer 175. Excellent flights, arriving early both ways, only took hand luggage and didn't pre-book seats to keep cost down.

flyBe customer review :  2 May 2012 by A Munro    (UK)

Trip Rating : 3/10

Have been flying Flybe on a regular basis for the past 2.5 years. Nothing wrong with the planes, generally leave on time, sometimes arrive early, cabin staff are friendly and the Rewards4all scheme is good. The one big criticism is that customer services are appalling, latest problem, changing an economy class flight cost 260, the online cost for the flight I wanted was 190, my next flight will be my last.

flyBe customer review :  28 April 2012 by K Cripps    (UK)

Trip Rating : 9/10

Flew Southampton to Faro on one on their Embraer 195's in April. Flight left on time and arrived early. I found the seats very comfortable with lots of leg room. No leg supports or under seat storage boxes to get in the way of stretching out. Flight crew were friendly and efficient and as the plane loaded and unloaded using both front and rear exits, everybody got in and out quickly. Plane seemed more prone to high winds than the smaller Boeing jets used by other low cost carriers but I'd take the leg room and pre-allocated seats anyway.