flyBe Customer Reviews and flyBe Passenger Trip Reports

flyBe Customer review :  23 April 2014 by Edward Kenna    (UK)

The problem occurs when a breakdown occurs. There is virtually no information tendered as regards the length of delays or why they are occurring. I waited for over 3 hours at Norwich Airport on an internal flight back to Manchester and was kept in the dark about what was happening. If planes are breaking down, then it is reasonable I believe that people are not kept waiting for hours in cold airports before the problems are resolved. It really did spoil the weeks holiday I had with my daughter.

flyBe Customer review :  7 April 2014 by C Donadio    (UK)

Have been a regular user of Flybe from both Gatwick and Southampton for many years and have always been totally satisfied. However will never use them from Southampton again when travelling with hold baggage as new self- service system is totally user unfriendly. They do not seem to understand that the whole flying experience starts the moment the passenger enters the airport terminal. One wonders if they will eventually ask passengers to utilise galley facilities on flights themselves and watch safety videos so they may dispense with cabin crew! If they need to save money they should sack those responsible, sell off the new machines and employ someone with a concept of customer service!

flyBe Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Anthony King    (UK)

Used Flybe to visit a relative in Spain. Flow from Southampton to Alicante, the trip went well but the return flight from Alicante to Southampton was 6 hours late. We were given no information at Alicante airport. When talking to other passengers they said we were not kept informed as to what was wrong with our flight. When going to collect my first food voucher, the company which were issuing them closed the shutter in front of us, I was able to get the second one. I do believe that your company needs to be more customer friendly.

flyBe Customer review :  26 March 2014 by C Farrah-Mills    (UK)

Booked 2 flybe tickets from Newcastle to Gatwick for a Sunday at 2.15pm via lastminute.com - this was changed to 10.05am without us being told - we only found out when trying to book in on line (which we never did do as their site keeps crashing). 10.05 plane cancelled when we were at the departure gate - chaos followed, no apology, we eventually got the 6.05pm flight so a further 8 hours delay. My Mother whom I had taken to a family wedding is 89 and has health issues. Very poor treatment.

flyBe Customer review :  11 March 2014 by C Hall    (France)

I was on a delayed flight last week. We just managed to leave the airport before it closed and had to have special permission to land at Edinburgh, due to the late hour. When we got on the plane 3 hours late, tired and a bit cross but the flight staff were marvellous. They made sure we were well informed and was extremely understanding of people's frustration.

flyBe Customer review :  27 February 2014 by Christopher Whieldon    (UK)

Recently travelled from Geneva to Manchester via Southampton. Found staff very helpful and friendly, took off on time and arrived early, no problems at check in, had no problems whatsoever. Would use again.

flyBe Customer review :  27 February 2014 by Stuart Ward    (UK)

BHX-BHD, 23/2/14. Not having flown for 4 years and reading the reviews I was apprehensive. But all my fears were groundless, check in pain less, boarding and arrival on time. Cabin crew good, cockpit crew informative. The only downside was the aircraft which was a turbo prop so a bit noisy and seats a bit cramped. Question is would I use them if another airline provided on the same route using bigger aircraft?

flyBe Customer review :  26 February 2014 by James Choochot    (UK)

MAN to EDI. Flight took off 15 mins late. No explanation. Straightforward flight. Trolley service offered for payment. Bussed to terminal on arrival. Before departure I asked to swap seats due to row 11 having no window. This was dealt with immediately and after discussion with the captain, I was offered a seat swap with no qualms.

flyBe Customer review :  19 February 2014 by Katrina Kozersky    (UK)

We were due to fly out of Cardiff to Chambery on 15/2/2014. Flight took off on time, flight time 2 hours. After 1.5 hours the pilot informed us that due to technical difficulties he had to turn back to the UK and land in Southampton. We did land albeit a rough one. Another plane was offered and we embarked and tried again to get to Chambery. No food was offered - a free drink on the flight. I had two young children which wasn't ideal. This flight wasn't uneventful either. We came into lane at Chambery when all of a sudden the planes nose started to climb. The captain said that due to high winds and ice we would try to land again in 5 minutes. I might try to find an alternative route home. Fly Maybe!

flyBe Customer review :  14 February 2014 by Mark McCullough    (UK)

LGW-BHD, January. Disappointed to use Bombardier prop rather than Embraer jet, but same flight time. Standard no free catering. Comfortable flight. But I just felt FlyBe didn't care anymore, as they are withdrawing from LGW routes in March.

flyBe Customer review :  13 February 2014 by M Studer    (Switzerland)

Flew February 1st from Geneva to Inverness. I was very pleased to find that flyby had a route to and from Inverness flying out of Geneva. I realise the route is really for the folks from the north of Scotland to fly to Geneva but as I have family in the north this was a huge advantage. I hope they will repeat the flight next winer (and why not a summer one to attract the Swiss to the north and west of Scotland) as I will certainly be using it as will several of my friends. A good experience all around this time.

flyBe Customer review :  7 February 2014 by Michael Davies    (UK)

Manchester to Belfast City and back. On a Q400 Dash 8. Online check in will charge you 6.50 if you want to select a specific seat, otherwise its free if you leave it to them to select the seat for you. I see no reason to choose on such a short flight. Boarding efficient. Overhead luggage racks are a bit small compared to other planes. Leg room excellent, but the seats are a little narrow. 40 minutes in the air. For the return I checked in using the self service machines. So simple to use. Departed 30 minutes late but made up a little time. Very efficient disembarking, the doors were open about 30 seconds after engine stop. As I had hand luggage only, I was in the taxi within 3-4 minutes. I have never had any problems with this airline.

flyBe Customer review :  20 January 2014 by Brown Ronald    (UK)

Regularly fly SOU-AMS using codeshare with KLM. Business Class ticket does not get a different seat or any perks. Staff are condescending. Check-in at Southampton was a nightmare with only one desk open, with two Customer Service desks working alongside (but not checking passengers in). The queue was the length of the terminal building, as was the queue for the self-check in for baggage. Flying on a codeshare means you cannot check in online. No-one answers the Flybe telephones and if they did the charge is extortionate. They don't respond to emails either. No wonder passengers are voting with their feet and finding alternative methods for their journey.

flyBe Customer review :  19 December 2013 by G Colburn    (UK)

Belfast City-Manchester. Hassle free trip from checking in online to arriving in Manchester ten minutes early. Plane was oldish and seating is cramped, however for a flight that only takes forty-five minutes, this is bearable. Crew were polite and helpful, although there were very few passengers, not that I am complaining of course! Will fly with them again if the opportunity presents itself.

flyBe Customer review :  12 December 2013 by K Alexander    (UK)

Return trip Isle of Man/Manchester. Outbound flight arrived early and return flight only about 5 mins late due to being held at the holding point for the runway in Manchester for nearly 15mins because of traffic - not Flybe's fault. Cabin staff friendly and attentive. Only gripe is that on a Saturday, there are only two flights to choose from - either 0700 or 2000 - would be good if they had one in between. Excellent business lounge at Manchester for frequent flyers.

flyBe Customer review :  11 December 2013 by Nick Palfrey    (UK)

Aberdeen to Exeter via Manchester. Excellent service, my flights were on time and on modern Embraer and Dash-8. Cabin crew attentive for a 55 min trip and the ground handling was fine. A low cost, easy to use carrier in my opinion.

flyBe Customer review :  6 December 2013 by Simon Rickman    (UK)

Southampton - Amsterdam - Southampton. Love SOU airport, park the car and a 2 minute walk to the terminal, had checked-in online, so straight through immigration / security to the lounge area. Flight left on time, Dash 8 comfortable, and service as you would expect from a low cost carrier. Arrived on time into AMS, bus transfer to terminal, all very quick. Flight back was good spoilt only by a rattly interior on the Dash 8 , which was quite annoying after an hour. Apart from that landed on time, quick from aircraft to car park as always at Southampton. Why use Heathrow when you can use this great airport.

flyBe Customer review :  6 December 2013 by T Newsham    (UK)

We booked Flybe flights from Exeter to Leeds/Bradford for last Christmas, Flybe changed the flight times after we booked almost as often as I change clothes and then cancelled the whole route. We were placed on the Southampton to Leeds/Bradford route, ok similar distance from home so we allowed them to keep the booking. Big mistake as only a short time before we flew Flybe decided to shut down our return date flight? This obviously caused a lot of problems and we eventually went up by train! Latest fiasco is our booking for next August on the exact same route, Southampton to Leeds/Bradford which we booked months ago and yesterday they cancelled the route? You even have to phone them at 10p per minute to get your explanation? I seriously don't know how this "airline" if you can call it that still operates and I have to say we will never, ever bother booking with them again. On the one time we have actually managed to fly Flybe they were very late returning due to the fact that they couldn't count the number of passengers on board the half empty aircraft, seriously one passenger got through Flybe's entire security with a ticket for the next day and was sat on the aircraft and they let him stay? Avoid at all costs as Flybe are also way to expensive for what you get.

flyBe Customer review :  5 December 2013 by Gavin Morrison    (UK)

Flew GLA to Kirkwall return with Loganair operated by Flybe. SAAB aircraft comfortable and enjoyable to fly on. Cabin crew friendly and both flights on time. I was disappointed by the inflight service. 80mls of water apple or orange juice and a caramel wafer! For 180 quid rtn I would expect an alcoholic drink and a sandwich at least. Otherwise the experience was great.

flyBe Customer review :  4 December 2013 by James Denholm    (UK)

As a weekly user I am dismayed at rising prices and the withdrawal of some flights. I note remaining flight prices increase. I regularly use Southampton to Manchester. Yes we may arrive 5 mins early but get parked up at some far off location then we get bussed to terminal to find Menzies ground handling have no staff to open arrival gate, the whole experience is cattle class. Come on Flybe look after your customers. The southbound flights ex Manchester are prone to delay yes technical problems, what are these problems? As I watch a flustered crew to arrive us to fly us south or if at MAN no marshal to despatch aircraft once boarded. One just cannot do any business around the schedule as too many things work against you. In essence focus on customer service or you will not have any customers. I am looking at other ways to go from south to Manchester. It was good at the beginning but now is a part of the week I dread. Flybe please listen to your customers.

flyBe Customer review :  27 November 2013 by Deborah Whalen    (UK)

Dreadful service and customer care following a very delayed flight Newcastle to Jersey - this was made even worse that it was originally sold as a direct flight, and changed with no explanation as being via Southampton. Long delay due to "technical problems" which were announced 15 minutes prior to planned take off, causing the connection via Southampton to be missed. Flybe staff have proved universally unhelpful in dealing with the complaints and consideration for compensation since. Avoid this airline.

flyBe Customer review :  18 November 2013 by Linda Barnes    (UK)

Absolute rubbish airline! Son had a weekend ticket, due from Southampton to Leeds Bradford, flight cancelled just as they were due to board, having had to travel from Middleborough to collect him, had to then go to Manchester, took me 4 hours with no explanation. Then today take him back to Leeds Bradford airport for the 20.30 flight back to Southampton delayed till 11.30 then only flight diverted to Bournemouth with a 45 minute coach journey to Southampton! Just brought him back and will put him on the train tomorrow, no more FLYBE.

flyBe Customer review :  18 November 2013 by S Mcallister    (UK)

Flight from Leeds to Belfast, delayed by four hours due to a technical fault! It was supposed to be a 13.05 flight, one passenger informed me that they had had an e-mail some weeks before asking if they would go on the 17.00 flight as there would be no 13.00 flight on this day. This seems a little strange one flight which may have taken all us 13.05 passengers and the 17.00. Not good enough, four hour delay especially for children and those with deadlines.

flyBe Customer review :  12 November 2013 by M Ellis    (UK)

East Midlands to Glasgow on day of the recent storm. The flight was on time and comfortable. All staff were very pleasant. No complaints at all.

flyBe Customer review :  6 November 2013 by Roger Stone    (Australia)

FLYBE codeshare with Finnair. From Helsinki to Norrkoping and return and a recommended way of getting into Norrkoping if, for some odd reason, you have to get there. Enjoyable flights - probably due to the very good crew members on Flybe up in this part of the world, although beware that all drinks and food are charged for, including water. Flights were more or less on-time in clean ATR aircraft where boarding is from the rear of the aircraft - also where the best seats are located. Use of the Finnair lounge in Helsinki is an excellent attraction. The return flights arrived into Helsinki Vantaa close to midnight and I was surprised to see so many Flybe and Finnair flights arriving and departing at this time, including into northern Finland. Such an arrangement and scheduling means that if you need to stay overnight at the (good) airport hotel then midnight arrivals and departures are commonplace and well catered for.

flyBe Customer review :  6 November 2013 by Philip Jeyes    (UK)

Birmingham - Hannover. I don't know what people want from a low-cost airline but I've never had any problems with the booking, check-in and general travel experiences. The online booking is straightforward with no hidden extras, the automated check-in is straightforward (only once has it not 'recognised' me and I've simlpy gone to a clerk and completed it there hassle-free), boarding, flight and disembarkment has never been a concern and the staff I have encountered have always been friendly and helpful.

flyBe Customer review :  1 November 2013 by M Hallworth    (UK)

I fly regularly from Manchester to Aberdeen, usually the outbound 1st flight of the morning on Tuesday is good, apart from if it's been cold, i.e. in winter, we then wait for 20 mins whilst the plane is de-iced, happens every time. Why don't they figure this out and do it earlier. The return flights are quite often delayed especially the 19.39 flight from Aberdeen, it can be hours late, with little or no or conflicting reasons why, so annoying to week in week out hear how sorry flybe are for the delay, I don't care just sort it! I changed to an earlier flight and that now appears to be afflicted with the late bug. I will change as soon as there is a different time option. Not good they mess up my work life balance and cost me money.

flyBe Customer review :  29 October 2013 by Vieira Manuel    (UK)

Used Flybe today coming from Manchester to Aberdeen, but try avoid if there are BMI regional flights. This airline is the worst in the UK. My company booked my flight and the return prices can cost the same as a flight to the USA. No drinks offered or anything. Today apparently my fare didn't include check in bag so they made me pay 40 pounds for a small 8 kg bag because it didn't fit in the cabin as hand luggage! Try to avoid if you can!

flyBe Customer review :  26 October 2013 by Matthew McGimpsey    (UK)

I fly Flybe weekly on their Belfast to London route for business. 90% of flights are on time on a very comfortable Embraer E-195 aircraft. Staff usually friendly and fun, food is fine for a snack. Very occasionally on less busy flights they swap aircraft and instead use a Dash 8 prop plane. This adds about 30 minutes to the journey and is rather cramped. This is rare however. Nothing really to fault Flybe with and will miss them when they leave Gatwick, leaving the diabolical Aer Lingus the only carrier covering the route.

flyBe Customer review :  21 October 2013 by Helen Charge    (UK)

Recently flew from Southampton to Alicante with Flybe for the first time. Excellent service when we arrived late at check in. They whisked us through without a problem. Lovely friendly staff on the flight. No complaints whatsoever.

flyBe Customer review :  8 October 2013 by G Nick    (UK)

Today left 3.5 hrs late and was told two different stories why. Whenever they have a less than half full flight they cancel or shift it to later with a poor excuse. Today I checked in and tagged my own baggage! Will shortly be carrying my own bags to my destination. Will actively now seek alternate carrier.