flyBe Customer Reviews and flyBe Passenger Trip Reports

flyBe Customer review :  13 October 2014 by J Singh    (UK)

I used flybe from East Midland Airport to Belfast City return. Flights on time and fully booked. The staff behaviour was good and good legroom as well. I personally recommend flybe.

flyBe Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Linda Pay    (UK)

Myself and three friends have just returned from a weekend in Amsterdam flying from Southampton. Half an hour late leaving Southampton due to Dutch ATC problems,15 minutes early on return. Checked in online both ways and only had hand baggage and bought no extras. Very pleased with the service.

flyBe Customer review :  13 October 2014 by D Godfrey    (UK)

After so many years flying to and from Exeter to Malaga, I find that Flybe is one of the best Airlines, so I was disappointed when they stopped this flight in October. Why is it getting more and more difficult to get from a to b when you live in the South West and yet the Government is always spending money on it's capital for the travellers up there, I have looked at other ways to travel to Malaga but they always turn out to be much more expensive and more complicated (ie if you travel from Newquay to Southend and get the connecting flight there you have to stay over night as the flight from Newquay is too late to get the connecting flight to Malaga). They don't seem to care about people living in the South West anymore.

flyBe Customer review :  9 October 2014 by James Little    (UK)

Took a one way flight last week from Southampton to Manchester. Travelling alone, on business, and with no bags to check. Flight left on time and arrived about 10 mins early. Perfectly fine, and unremarkable. Didn't avail of the inflight service or shopping, so can't comment, but the flight attendants were cheerful enough. Only downside was the flybe website. Booking a ticket and checking in online is nothing like as easy and straightforward as it should be, and I do hope they look at this and fix it.

flyBe Customer review :  9 October 2014 by P Mann    (UK)

I regularly travel between Glasgow and Birmingham. Flights are often delayed or cancelled with little information. You can never speak to Flybe Staff only their agents. Last night (02/10/2014) BE796 was supposed to depart at 20:25 and didn't leave until 23.00. When we got on the plane the Pilot apologised for the 'Slight Delay'. Recently travelled from Dusseldorf (delayed flight) and Pilots mentioned that Flybe run a very tight ship and don't have enough staff to cover.

flyBe Customer review :  2 October 2014 by E Nixon    (UK)

Travelled with baby grandson and hand luggage only. Struggled to carry both up the aeroplane steps at the same time! Struggled to get hand luggage into overhead locker, received no help. Eventually pushed it below seat in front. So then had feet resting on overnight bag and baby on lap for duration of flight. No baby changing facilities on flight, got him changed as he balanced across closed toilet seat, head hanging off one side, knees off the other. Waited until everyone had disembarked then slowly carried both overnight bag and baby down the narrow steps. The stewardess' completely ignored us throughout. They we're evidently very busy as they huddled at the back of the plane for most of the duration. Our return flight was more smoothly handled from the two stewards who were on duty offering help when they could. A lift from the departure gate to ground level would be a help, the Flybe agent at the departure gate had no labels for my buggy and seemingly this was my fault! No I would not recommend Flybe.

flyBe Customer review :  2 October 2014 by E Simpson    (Scotland)

Glasgow to and from Exeter. Bag drop at Glasgow was swift but manual as both check in kiosks had failed. Boarding was accomplished quickly and efficiently for both flights and the aircraft were clean and tidy on boarding. Both flights departed on time and arrived slightly early although passengers were held on board for some time at Exeter as passengers boarded the aircraft on an adjacent stand. This was not the fault of the airline and almost certainly reflects a security issue which would arise if arriving and departing passengers had mingled on the apron. On board cabin crew were cheerful and the flight deck announcements informative.

flyBe Customer review :  29 September 2014 by AR Luty    (UK)

Check in at Manchester and the flight out was excellent - no complaints. However our experience at Malpensa airport was not the case. Baggage collection at a time when there were no other flights at that terminal was abysmal. Unfortunately our return was worse. Check in at Malpensa was the worse I have ever encountered. One attendant turned up on the check in desk. Okay it was a small aircraft so maybe that would have been acceptable - if she had been efficient. I don't know what the problem was but with every customer she seemed to have to make a telephone call then take a walk. Several of our fellow passengers went in search of assistance and to complain. Eventually another desk assistant arrived which moved things along much quicker. The whole thing took that long that although we arrived at the desk almost three hours before departure once through to the departure lounge and then the two mile walk to gate 21 we boarded. Is this the worst airport in the world or is Flybe remiss in its ground service to customers?

flyBe Customer review :  23 September 2014 by Palmer Shane    (UK)

Flew Southend to Antwerp on AT7. Online check-in info was incorrect. One page said not allowed for flights from SEN. In fact you can use online check-in. Gate agent friendly, boarding simple. Flight had about 20 people on it. Crew very friendly. Was on time. Simple arrival procedures at Antwerp too. All for 30 GBP, excellent!

flyBe Customer review :  20 September 2014 by Helen Lines    (UK)

Is a delay of 30 hours on a flight from Amsterdam to Exeter a record? This was on 30th August and I'm still waiting (19th September) for my complaint to be acknowledged by Flybe. Complete indifference seems to be the airline's hallmark.

flyBe Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Morley Christopher    (UK)

BE1836, 7/9/14. Got off to a bad start, with check-in lady unable to understand that my documentation entitled me to 20kg baggage allowance (she was inputting the data incorrectly). BE 1837, 11/9/14. This flight was advertised as 13.10, and indeed the indicator boards at Cologne Airport said so too. But it didn't in fact take off until 13.40, with no explanation or apology - and it landed at the correct time. What sort of communication breakdown is this? One of the stewardesses stopped and talked at length to passengers when she should have been serving from the trolley. My travelling-companion was feeling unwell and in need of some water. I was told to "wait a second".

flyBe Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Tim Bladon    (UK)

I have been a frequent flyer with Flybe for many years between Southampton and Alicante. Overall service is generally very good but there is one huge problem. They seem to be the only airline I use that will not allow online check in for the return journey to the UK. This results in unnecessary queuing for boarding passes for those with hand luggage. I wrote to Flybe but did not get a satisfactory answer.

flyBe Customer review :  15 September 2014 by R Kay    (UK)

Absolutely appalling service. Arrived at Aberdeen airport at 05.30 for Flybe Manchester flight only to find it was cancelled. Had a meeting which I had no way of reaching on time. The counter staff were no help whatsoever, the only flight was at 17.00 - no use at all. Have these people never heard of email? Will never use again. Will comment again when I find out how prompt they are repaying Fare and expenses incurred.

flyBe Customer review :  10 September 2014 by I Ralph    (UK)

Flying from Edinburgh, frequent fliers lounge gate 4 Flybe's departure gate the other end of the airport (15 minute walk). Aircraft, Dash 8 400. Ageing turbo prop extremely uncomfortable. Conclusion, one up from Ryanair.

flyBe Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Mike Jacques    (UK)

Flew Newcastle-Belfast City-Newcastle. No problems whatsoever with either flight, both of which were well-filled. Friendly cabin crews and informative flight crews on both legs.

flyBe Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Brian Hulme    (UK)

My flight to Hannover arrived 2 hours and 30 mins late and 1 hour 10 after my first of two trains had already left from the Airport rail terminal. The apology at Manchester was"indifferent" at best and after 25 minutes looking at a "boarding soon" I saw the arrivals luggage start to come off the plane! Travelling on a budget airline is no longer cheap when one has to throw money at resolving the problem of arriving somewhere on time. In my case a 40 Euro taxi to get me to the City Main station in time for a second connection to my ultimate destination. I believe it has cost other passengers considerably more. I suggest since my return flight was also late eventually, that the airline is renamed "Flybe and be late". I will not knowingly fly with these people again.

flyBe Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Ryan Adrian    (Portugal)

BE385, Dublin to Southampton. 22/8/2014. We experienced a 3 hour delay with Flybe with absolutely no communication from the Airline, the Ground services team were obstructive and not co-operative. They gave three separate reasons for the delay within a twenty minute space of time. I thought this may have been a rare event but regular commuters with the service all expressed frustration with the quality of Service and communication. In the office this am, I was advised that an IT officer trying to get home had a five hour delay with them the previous week. I was also irritated at myself when I realsied there was an Aer Lingus service to Bournemouth, which I could have used rather Southampton. They are supposed to be operating a 5 times a day service between London City and Dublin from 1.10.2015. They will not find those customers as tolerant of such poor service and communication. I fly about 75 tmes a year in Europe, US etc and this was the worst ever customer experience.

flyBe Customer review :  29 August 2014 by G Crowther    (UK)

Flew Cardiff to Jersey, 23/08/14. Departed approximately 1 0mins late but arrived slightly early. Pretty comfortable little plane even for a 6'2" large lad like me. Very friendly stewardesses, nice Starbucks coffee and a little chocolate on disembarkation. Overall I am quite satisfied and would happily use Flybe again.

flyBe Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Rouzeau Fred    (France)

Thursday August 21st, last evening flight from Southampton to Paris had been canceled without notice. The reason invoked is the impossibility to create the crew to operate the flight. The compensation accommodation has been a poor quality hotel in Southampton. No Flybe representative was there to handle the situation. Airport employee did their best to manage the situation. Flying frequently on this line this is not the first time I have this bad experience. I suspect the proximity of a bank holiday may be a reason of the lack of crew. I do not recommend to fly Flybe close to a bank holiday.

flyBe Customer review :  28 August 2014 by B Hulme    (UK)

I am adding my review after waiting for a response from Flybe which finally arrived about 3 weeks later. Note I was delayed on both outward and eventual return flights from Manchester to Hannover. We were told at the gate there was a delay on the outward flight only when the plane was supposed to land. I thought I had given myself ample margin to make the train but 3 hrs for a 1hr 50 flight without a reasonable explanation is unacceptable. It cost me 40 Euros for a taxi to the Main Hannover station or miss a second train which I barely made in time. Flybe refused to pay me my 40 Euros. I suggest that their motto is anything but "The fastest way from A to Flybe" but should read "Flybe, be late arriving".

flyBe Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Judy Mason    (UK)

BE1547, out 14th, back on 18th August. Second year flew from east mid to jersey with flybe and excellent on both occasions. Efficient from check-in to landing. Cant say better than that.

flyBe Customer review :  27 August 2014 by J Lodge    (Jersey)

My mother's flight to Jersey was cancelled just before she boarded. She is 86. At the Jersey end no staff around to tell me what had happened to her and whether she was booked on another flight. She arrived four hours later on an evening flight and got left unassisted in the baggage hall despite having booked assistance.

flyBe Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Castleman Simon    (UK)

GLA-BHX via MAN (although the diversion was not planned). Flight to BHX cancelled so had to catch the MAN flight which was going on to BHX. No explanation of why the original plane was cancelled. No explanation of what was happening en route. No information about how long we were going to be stuck on the ground at Manchester picking up passengers. This is the fourth time I've flown this route recently and three of the four occasions have been delayed or cancelled. Frankly FlyBe should be known as MayBe - MayBe you'll get a plane - MayBe it'll be on time, but I wouldn't count on it.

flyBe Customer review :  19 August 2014 by H Cameron    (UK)

Flew from Inverness to Jersey on 9th Aug and enjoyed a marvellous holiday. Returning Sat 16th on BE 1573 and when checking in, told we were going to Glasgow. Due to leave at 12.45 but boarded at 1.45 to be told that due to staff sickness, we were going to Glasgow and then coach to Inverness, not just a few passengers, a full flight of 70 plus. Obviously the people of Glasgow were more important than those from the Highlands as far as Flybe are concerned. Attitude of male steward on flight was deplorable and when couple behind me expressed their disquiet, his reply was "you are lucky to get a flight". Coach was a further shambles, felt every bump, struggled up inclines and no toilet for a four hour trip. Disgraceful treatment.

flyBe Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Ali Kelly    (UK)

BE175 and BE176, 31st July and 9th August. Flights from Southampton to Alicante. After reading reviews I thought I had made a mistake booking with Flybe. Checked in online the night before. Flight left promptly and staff on board were lovely. Exactly the same on way back. We purchased refreshments which were more reasonable than I anticipated. Cannot fault the entire experience. Even the staff checking in bags were lovely and very conversational. Will use Flybe again.

flyBe Customer review :  15 August 2014 by V Lumley    (UK)

My wife and I travelled to Jersey on 8th August from East Midlands Airport and returned on 11th August. On both occasions the flights were on time and the crew were excellent, bearing in mind that my wife as reduced mobility nothing was to much trouble. Never travelled in a turboprop plane before and it will not the last time we fly with Flybe.

flyBe Customer review :  12 August 2014 by P Covington    (UK)

We flew Manchester to Innsbruck! Have to say it was a good experience. Both flights on time! Newish Embraer 170 was a tight fit but seats comfortable and service was fine. Food was good and reasonably priced.

flyBe Customer review :  12 August 2014 by David Worth    (UK)

Outward, BE 1533, EXT-AMS, 26 June. Inward, BE 1534 - AMS-EXT, 3 July. I cannot praise Flybe enough. Being disabled and with a small mobility scooter, from booking to fly from Exeter to Schiphol, every assistance was provided, from arrival at Exeter to leaving Schiphol into the care of the Netherlands Railways and the same on the return. The cabin crew were fantastic each way and making sure I was alright. The Tomato soup was great and good value for money. Also good value were the Flybe teddy and model dash 8. Everyone at Flybe were brilliant and a credit to the company.

flyBe Customer review :  4 August 2014 by C Goode    (UK)

Flew Malaga to Exeter today with faulty air con causing overheating in the cabin. Cabin staff were ignoring call buttons as the temperature soared until finally speaking with the pilot. We fly to and from Malaga every three weeks and the crew are never welcoming and the planes used are tired with faulty tables etc.

flyBe Customer review :  4 August 2014 by H Kaaber    (UK)

Have frequently flown MAN-SOU and LGW-NQY. By and large, the experience has been largely pleasant and punctual, with very cost effective prices providing you book early enough. My only gripe is with the SOU-MAN route. Two flights are scheduled per afternoon/early evening, and it would seem that should the flights not have sufficient passengers, they cancel the earlier one and combine the passengers onto one flight, which I have now experienced on three occasions so it is starting to feel like a deliberate ploy. Otherwise, no complaints and happy to use Flybe.

flyBe Customer review :  1 August 2014 by M Tohill    (UK)

As a frequent flyer between Belfast and Edinburgh I gave up on flybe 'fly maybe' several months ago because of consistent poor punctuality. The last time I flew with flybe the flight was delayed by over 2 hours. This morning the flight is yet again delayed. I would never organise a meeting based on an arrival time with flybe as they are so consistently delayed that you should always assume you will be late. It must be a widespread problem as they offer a 60 flight voucher if you are delayed by more than 60 minutes.

flyBe Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Gordon Honor    (UK)

This was my first Flybe flight and I was very impressed initially with the flights to and fro from Innsbruck and Manchester. The selection of snacks was good for a short flight, seats ok etc. Sadly on arrival back to the UK and waiting at Manchester airport for our luggage it all began to fall apart. The large majority of passengers did not receive their baggage, there were no announcements and airport staff were unhelpful with information, we were not given a tracking number for our luggage or the reason why it did not arrive. Apparently the luggage had to be removed from the plane at Innsbruck as the plane needed to remain light. I fail to understand why we were not informed. My luggage did arrive at my home today 5 days later. What a debacle, what a shame to ruin a good experience.

flyBe Customer review :  30 July 2014 by R White    (Australia)

Flew Finnair, OY AY 2821 a Flybe carrier route, Business Class to Frankfurt. The seats were the most uncomfortable I have experienced, even in Economy Class, and they were also much narrower for a business class seat. The flight was 2 hrs 35 mins and every 10 secs I had to change my seating position for some relief. My neighboring passenger was also doing the same. No value for money at all.

flyBe Customer review :  30 July 2014 by J Blanchard    (UK)

This review is based on recent experiences on the new BHX-FLR routing, using a E190. On all but the last occasion the flight was fine, on time and worked well, albeit with one aborted approach and a pre advised divert risk. I am aware that FLR is a very marginal airfield due to its Omni directional runway and short length. Sadly most issues that surround flights to and from FLr are due to these issues and organisational challenges at the airport. However the options Flybe take/are given for diverts differ from other airlines drastically. Both BLQ and PSA are the primary divert fields, and both are relatively "open" in terms of capacity to take the few flights that divert out of FLR. My last experience had me sat on a bus for 4.5 hrs transferring to Milan Malpensa 21/7. This is crazy, today my wife and Children are faced with the same challenge. Very poor planning and to always blame the airfield when other carries can and do operate is very poor, accept that the E190LR is at the extent of its performance limitations, the E175 you have would provide a much greater approval rating as it would achieve its destination far more frequently that the 190 does in my opinion. Feedback from customer services has also been caking and is the typical, its the weather answer. Not always the case as my research has established.

flyBe Customer review :  23 July 2014 by Colin Pay    (UK)

SOU-NCL on Dash 8. Flight left on time, full aircraft, crew fine. We only had hand luggage, checked in online and no "extras".

flyBe Customer review :  23 July 2014 by Paul Cox    (UK)

Flew from Gatwick to Newquay and then back from Newquay to Southend. Plane left pretty much on time, cabin clean seat comfort fine for short flight time. Staff friendly and efficient. A pleasant experience.

flyBe Customer review :  23 July 2014 by N Peterson    (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Isle of Man on 12th July, 30 minutes late due to flight being late in from Inverness. This was par for the course from previous experience. This was nothing compared to our return a week later. The plane was 1 hour late, due to being late in to Manchester from Inverness, so the same delay in I.O.M. Our departure time slipped from 9.50 to 10.50. Eventually go to gate. Then back in to airport because of a technical fault. Then departure time changed to 13.00, then to 13.30, then to 14.00, then to 14.30.During this time a replacement part arrived with a delayed flight from Birmingham! Eventually we boarded at 14.51 and took off at 15.05. There is no competition on this route to Flybe, so despite being 10 minutes from Manchester airport, next time we'll be flying from Liverpool 45 minutes away with another airline!

flyBe Customer review :  23 July 2014 by Maria Agnew    (UK)

I travelled on the 18.25, Friday 18th July. The girl at the baggage check-in desk waved me forward without even looking and when I enquired as to which line she wanted me to follow she merely nodded with her head, as though silently saying, whichever. The chap checking my baggage, even though I had enquired beforehand as to what I should put in my plastic bag, incidentally I had brought two with me as I am on medication and wanted them to see clearly what I had with me. I had come over on the Tuesday morning with the exact same products. He handed me another plastic bag and told me to put everything into one, which was for obvious reasons impossible, so I had to throw out some of my items, this was entirely senseless and yet again, he was of a most unpleasant disposition. I must say though apart from the extremely narrow steps leading up to the plane and similar seats, the cabin staff were most polite. At least the only saving grace Flybe seems to have offered me.

flyBe Customer review :  21 July 2014 by John Hope    (UK)

Birmingham to Florence - flight delayed out of BHX for 1hr 20mins. Pilot had to abort final approach at Florence due to tail wind of 15 Knots we were told. Started to divert to Pisa - no landing slot for us, so diverted again to Bologne. Landed at 17.15 hrs almost 2 hrs behind schedule. Disembarked plane - no one from Flybe on the ground to keep us informed of arrangements to get us to Florence. Coaches finally arrived and set off for Florence at 18.45hrs, arrived at Florence 20.15hrs almost 5 hrs late. Though going out was bad, journey back was worse. Arrived with 2 hrs to spare for a 16.00 hrs departure, checked in, went through security and on to departure gate. Eventually told that plane had not arrived, then told it had been diverted to Pisa as it could not land due to thunderstorms and (you can probably guess), tail winds. Again nobody from Flybe on the ground to tell us what was going on, eventually taken at 18.30 hrs on coach to Pisa, arrived there at 19.30 hrs. Surprise, surprise, no Flybe rep to advise us where to go or what to do. No check in or gate information displayed. To cut a long story short we eventually boarded plane at 21.50 hrs and got to Birmingham 23.15hrs (UK time) almost 6hrs behind schedule. Flybe arranged for each passenger a 5 voucher at Florence airport to get some food and a drink.

flyBe Customer review :  18 July 2014 by C Sharman    (UK)

Possibly the worst airline in Europe. I travel regularly between Birmingham and Hanover, on average once a week. In all the flights I have taken none have arrived on time. Some have been early, I admit, but none on time. This makes it extremely difficult to book onward public transport. The flight schedule appears to more of a target time than an actual departure/arrival time! After recently booking 6 flights, each one had its schedule changed, some of them twice. In the last episode the flight from Hanover to Birmingham arrived into Hanover late. Just to make things worse Flybe had forgotten to book assistance to remove the four wheelchair passengers from the inbound flight, thus another twenty minutes to sort that out. The it was clearly a surprise to the staff in Birmingham that we actually made it back that night, as they had forgotten to book the bus to get us off the aircraft and back to the terminal building, another twenty minutes delay. This caused me to miss the last train out of Birmingham International and resulted in a 75 taxi fare to get home (more than the flight cost). I have taken nearly 30 flights with German Wings in this period of time from Stansted to Hanover. I would recommend anyone thinking of using Flybe use them. They have only been late once, that was by twenty minutes. Their flights all use jets, the flight is met with the gangway so no buses, and most of the time they are cheaper! They also are pleasant and welcome your custom unlike Flybe who don't.

flyBe Customer review :  18 July 2014 by J Murray    (UK)

I have taken at least two Flybe flights each week (EMA-EDI and return) for business during the past 7 weeks. I have had no problems with booking or with their reliability. Once or twice a 10-20 minute delay, but usually made up in-flight.

flyBe Customer review :  18 July 2014 by R Wood    (Australia)

Flew from Brisbane Australia to Edinburgh in June/July, the connection flight out of Manchester to Edinburgh was missed as no communication through Flybe and Etihad had us on the flights we had booked. The attendant at Manchester was of no help and wouldn't call Etihad to sort or let us on our flight even though we had documentation to prove otherwise. I was also without a suitcase for 3 days because of this stuff up. If you intend to flight with this Company get a boarding pass before arriving, demand it!

flyBe Customer review :  18 July 2014 by A Ariane    (Ireland)

Used them on DUB-SOU return. Both flights on time, comfortable plane for the journey, fairly new DH8 with clean interior. Staff a bit impersonal but perfectly capable, and no in-your-face advertisement and hassling like rival LCCs. They are however quite expensive and not really a LCC, at least for this route where they have no direct competitors.

flyBe Customer review :  16 July 2014 by Irene Kung    (Hong Kong)

Florence to Birmingham - BE 1847. Worst airline I have taken. I'm a frequent flyer even though it was my first time traveling around Europe. I tried Easyjet, Air France and Lufthansa during this month of travel and have to say Flybe is the most unfriendly and poor service airline I have taken in my life. The lady at the check in counter was unfriendly. I had extra luggage and I was willing to pay but instead they just over-charged me! Anyway flight got delayed.

flyBe Customer review :  9 July 2014 by S Bailey    (UK)

I have flown from Southampton to Limoges (and back) numerous times with Flybe and have to say that I have never been delayed. I have found the staff to be helpful and courteous and have had no problems. I would definitely recommend them to friends and have chosen to fly with them again in 12 days time.

flyBe Customer review :  26 June 2014 by P Robson    (UK)

I was booked on the 10.20 from Southampton to Jersey on Monday 23rd June. We waited and waited for the flight to be called and then three hours later it was cancelled. FlyBe staff told all the passengers that we had to queue up at two check-in desks to book another flight. I had to come home on the train and go back later for the 19.05 flight. An hour later, once finally on board, the pilot apologised for the mess, confirming that he knew that hundreds of passenger had complained about their treatment, but three FlyBe planes had been taken out of operation due to technical faults. Now finally in Jersey, many people in Jersey tell me that they do anything they can to avoid flying with who they all call "Fly Maybe Not". Booking the flight was an unbelievable experience in itself and now the actual flight experience really does confirm that this is a company on its last legs.It can only be a matter of time, as they try to deal with the number of "technical problems" with their fleet and the appalling customer service. These people are not bothered with their customers, in fact their customers seem to be a bother to them. Avoid at all costs.

flyBe Customer review :  24 June 2014 by Ian Shaw    (UK)

My wife was booked on the 0820Hrs Flybe flight out of East Midlands this morning Sat 21/06/14 to go to Belfast City to collect our young Grandson and bring him back today. Well guess what this is the second time we have used this airline, the first being in March this year when they cancelled the East Mids outbound flight and yet again they've cancelled today's flight. No email warnings (they can bombard us with silly emails about niff naff but not warn us about important stuff) no telephone calls, nothing until it is almost too late to book with an alternative carrier. They have given no explanation to why and with such late warning it is difficult to make alternative arrangements. She is currently paying through the nose for an expensive taxi to fly with Easyjet from Birmingham to Belfast Intl. This poor situation is going to cost us more money than the flights with Flybe combined cost. This is pathetic Flybe we will never be using you again after today because you cannot be relied on.

flyBe Customer review :  24 June 2014 by John Eccleston    (UK)

Flew Birmingham to Palma. Huge delay of 3 hours, no communication why. Once onboard two giggly girls were in charge of our safety - never again flybe.

flyBe Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Morley-Ham Steve    (Jersey)

Arrived at Southampton airport to check in and was told the flight had been cancelled. I asked the ground staff why and they just shrugged and said "we've been told technical problems, staff illness - who knows what to believe". Managed to switch to Blue Islands who were fantastic. As a postscript, I put a comment on Flybe's Facebook page and without any pushing from me, they offered me a 100 voucher. Whilst this is no compensation for a messed up flight and I still haven't had an explanation for the cancellation, everyone who does suffer as a result of Flybe's ineptitude should at least complain and get some money back.

flyBe Customer review :  19 June 2014 by R Page    (UK)

A friend and I flew from Florence to Birmingham on Monday 9th June after a fabulous weekend break. We had a 4 hour 15 minute delay before we finally left Florence. This was after getting on and off the airport bus to get to the plane and then getting off the plane and onto the bus so that the plane could be refuelled! We were told that the delay was due to adverse weather conditions, amazing as we had clear blue skies, temperatures of 34 degrees and a light breeze. We were told whilst on the flight that the plane was not big enough to take off into the winds blowing down from the hills? When asked why they hadn't flown a larger plane we were told there wasn't one. What they omitted to tell us was that we were flying back to Birmingham but without our luggage. This finally reached me on Friday, 4 days later.

flyBe Customer review :  19 June 2014 by W Hesbrook    (UK)

The first journey BE 118, 5/6/2014, was delayed leaving Manchester and therefore missed its landing slot in Aberdeen, landed late, reloaded and was delayed again because it was out of its slot and took off late, arriving in Belfast at 1.45pm. The return journey BE117, 10/6/2014, arrived late into Belfast and was late leaving arriving into Aberdeen at 1.50pm. The pilot actually told us the Manchester to Aberdeen original aircraft had been commandeered when the Manchester to London flight had a technical problem and we got the repaired aircraft after the fault was fixed. I fly the Belfast to Aberdeen route every month and unfortunately since flybe have a monopoly I have to put up with the poor second rate service. During the last 6 months or so only one of the flights I have been on has made it to Belfast on time, taking the aircraft for other more lucrative routes being the main reason.

flyBe Customer review :  17 June 2014 by L Boreham    (UK)

Recently flew Southampton to Alicante and back. Used self check in and bag drop which was quick and easy as found online check in quite confusing. I had a one hour delay on both flights which caused a few problems. At Alicante airport we were held in a sweltering stairwell for ten minutes whilst waiting for incoming passengers to get off the plane. Before take off we were told that there was the possibility of Southampton airport being closed for the night and that we would be diverted to either Bournemouth or Gatwick! Fortunately the airport did stay open but this is not an experience I would wish to repeat. Expensive flight and unreliable service with little or no information given on delays so won't be using flybe again.

flyBe Customer review :  9 June 2014 by B Whitton    (UK)

My journey from Guernsey via Southampton to Newcastle on 4 June took 11 hours between the initial check-in and the flight landing in Newcastle, mainly due to the 7-hour delay in leaving Guernsey. Although the staff at Guernsey all tried to be helpful, none are employed by FlyBe and they seemed to know little of what might happen. Different people told me different things at almost the same time. In fact I was informed of at least a dozen different flight possibilities during the day. The captain of the Guernsey-Southampton flight did his best with apologies, but explained that there were five planes out of action that day.

flyBe Customer review :  9 June 2014 by A Marshall    (Spain)

ALC-SOU-ALC. Good service and almost full both ways, why then is this service being withdrawn permanently (ref: Flybe website) at the end of September. Amongst 9 other routes being permanently withdrawn! All the sunshine routes are going - Palma, Malaga, Alicante and Faro amongst 6 domestic/euro flights. The ALC service has been running well for years please leave it alone Flybe, we know times have been hard but why oh why are you moving most routes from SOU to Birmingham and Southend? Southampton and its customers have been very loyal to you and you are slowly creeping out of our local airport and leaving us without any services. I have been in touch with Southampton airport and they have responded that there are no current alternatives once Flybe leave these routes. I will rate my last ALC as very good as it is.

flyBe Customer review :  6 June 2014 by Duncan Milne    (UK)

Birmingham to Edinburgh on 4th June - New check-in process a complete waste of time. Seats apparently blocked due to balance issues on a full flight so could not check in (see representative, said the computer). "Representative" said - try again and rejoin queue. Tried again, along with lots of other people - same result. We will call ops said "representative" - 40 minutes later - total confusion, queue in all directions and no-one getting a grip. Much grumpiness and "representatives" had heads down to avoid passenger contact. Eventually got there rushed and flustered. The self-check in process is no use at all when things go even slightly wrong, and the staff are clearly not trained or expected to cope.

flyBe Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Colin Pay    (UK)

SOU-AMS on EMB175. Left a bit late, arrived on time. We only had hand baggage and did not buy any "extras". Crew fine.

flyBe Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Iain Cameron    (UK)

Newcastle - Southampton return. Both flights landed on time (although my family's flight a day later was delayed by over an hour). Planes tidy and comfortable for this short flight. Professional cabin crew and good updates from pilots. Only slight annoyance is the Ryanair-style jingle that is played when landing on time - hopefully it will be a temporary feature.

flyBe Customer review :  4 June 2014 by E Gillan    (UK)

Arrived at Belfast City airport at 9 am for flight to Glasgow and onwards to Barra. Flight to Glasgow cancelled due to technical problems. No alternative to link in with my flight to Barra. Same flight to Barra next day full up. Have been put on a flight to Glasgow at 7am to connect with flight to Barra at 9.10 am next day. All very poor. I cannot contact my husband who is on a boat as there is no signal to say I will not be arriving today. Airline have home and mobile numbers to alert passengers of situation but this would be too much trouble. I was up at 5am and had an expensive taxi journey to the airport.

flyBe Customer review :  3 June 2014 by D Ansell    (UK)

Here we go again. Only one whole week since my last poor review and I'm subjected to another delayed Friday evening flight: this time by 90 minutes. Honestly, if Flybe can't run a more reliable service for the prices charged then maybe this is the wrong business to be in. Evening delays on this 'service' are regularly delayed and make a long day even longer. It does nothing for the stress levels. I am not sure who thinks up the message "sit back and relax", that's difficult when the delay means letting others down again. Why doesn't a Flybe rep (a real face and not an announcer) step into the departures area and speak to passengers personally. I will switch back to using Eastjet out of Gatwick. In 7 years of using Easyjet I was subject to a lengthy delay only twice (due to bad weather). This repeated poor service by Flybe is infuriating. Smarten up Flybe.

flyBe Customer review :  3 June 2014 by H Grieve    (UK)

Travelling to Ireland for a very important rugby final. Our aircraft was given to a delayed flight and we were delayed for almost three hours. Staff were uninterested that this caused us to miss connections and therefore could not get to the game on time. Very little information given and plenty of lies told. Whole experience was a disgrace and it would appear that this is not unusual therefore I would suggest that people do not bother using this airline until they act efficiently and show their customers some respect. I know that my family will not use their services again.

flyBe Customer review :  29 May 2014 by Karen Haylings    (UK)

I flew from Southampton to Palma Majorca for a weeks Holiday. Having read reviews on Flybe I was very anxious about the flight. I was therefore very pleasantly surprised, the flight took of on time. It was a very clean and tidy aircraft. We had paid for extra leg room which gave us plenty of space, but for a short flight I would have been fine in another seat. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Our return flight was delayed but through no fault of Flybe. A family of five had checked in at Palma airport but failed to find their way to the departure gate. 80 other passengers had no problem. The staff at Majorca airport tried for over an hour to find the missing passengers but eventually had to unload their luggage. So overall a good flight and would use Flybe again.

flyBe Customer review :  24 May 2014 by D Ansell    (UK)

Fly regularly between SOU & GLA. Just want to say that the increased amount of delays to flights is getting pretty tedious, affecting personal and professional plans. Delays on this service is common. Ambivalent staff only too pleased to let me know how the delay has happened. "It's only 40 minutes" as if that's okay. It's not and it was 120 minutes on Monday. Either start getting the service to run on time or reduce the exorbitant cost of fares to reflect the substandard service.

flyBe Customer review :  18 May 2014 by Drew Harvey    (UK)

SOU-PMI-SOU. Its a while since I flew from SOU and had forgotten what a joy it is; easy, quick, very friendly and smiley staff at the airport. Had a 30 min delay boarding as the fire service hadn't started work and we weren't allowed to board until they started. Once on board, crew were attentive and helpful. Arrived on time. Coming home, all went according to plan and crew were excellent. Arrived bang on time and had collected bags and were out of the airport within 15 minutes of touching down! Excellent.

flyBe Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Colin Pay    (UK)

GLA-SOU on Dash 8Q400. Full flight. Crew very good. Ten minutes late leaving, arrived on time.

flyBe Customer review :  11 May 2014 by David Maunder    (UK)

BE1551 and BE1552. First class service on both outward and homeward flights on 1st of May to Faro and return on 8th.

flyBe Customer review :  9 May 2014 by Lyn Clapham    (UK)

Have just returned from Portugal on Flybe, which we have used ever since their route there commenced, we use this route 3-4 times per year always used Flybe from Exeter but on our return have been told that they are no longer flying from Exeter to Faro, Alicante, Malaga and Palma which seems to be all the holiday routes which seems absolutely ludicrous. The Faro route which we use has nearly always been fairly well supported. Why oh why.

flyBe Customer review :  6 May 2014 by Sarah Boisseau    (UK)

Very surprised to be told at Norwich airport that we had to pay a 10 per person fee to get airside. There was no mention of this on the booking form or confirmation of booking which states "Transaction amount including all taxes and charges". What is the reason for this and why is no mention given prior to travel? Otherwise a good and efficient service.

flyBe Customer review :  29 April 2014 by Colin Baxter    (UK)

A party of 4 of us were going away for a long weekend on Friday 14th March and were actually boarding the plane when we were told to disembark as the flight could not leave at present because of fog at Cardiff airport so we went back to the departure lounge only to be told shortly afterwards that the flight was now cancelled. They did not put on a replacement flight so there were 200+ passengers left in limbo. Flybe eventually got us a flight to Birmingham airport then a coach to Cardiff airport 10hrs later. We were only given 7.50 meal vouchers each which hardly bought us a substantial meal. Whilst on coach from Birmingham - Cardiff we passed within 15 miles of our destination but the "Jobs Worth" coach driver would not let us off and took us 50+ miles south causing us to have to pay for a taxi to take us the 50 miles back north again. (We had obviously missed our connection because of being 12hrs late). We used to use Flybe regularly but are totally disheartened by their attitude and treatment towards us.

flyBe Customer review :  28 April 2014 by V Logue    (UK)

Automated check-in at Glasgow airport was an absolute shambles. Having been directed to it by what proved to be one of the rudest customer service assistants we've ever encountered, the machine wouldn't work. Several attempts were made while numerous people further back in the queue were able to continue to check in at the desk where we had queued originally. On reverting back to the manned check in desk after several failed attempts, the very rude assistant stated very forcefully "no one has told you to go there" despite neither the machine nor luggage belt working at the automated check in. All this person managed to do was inflame the situation. Good standards of welcoming personal service and a smile can never be replaced by a hunk of temperamental metal.

flyBe Customer review :  23 April 2014 by Edward Kenna    (UK)

The problem occurs when a breakdown occurs. There is virtually no information tendered as regards the length of delays or why they are occurring. I waited for over 3 hours at Norwich Airport on an internal flight back to Manchester and was kept in the dark about what was happening. If planes are breaking down, then it is reasonable I believe that people are not kept waiting for hours in cold airports before the problems are resolved. It really did spoil the weeks holiday I had with my daughter.

flyBe Customer review :  7 April 2014 by C Donadio    (UK)

Have been a regular user of Flybe from both Gatwick and Southampton for many years and have always been totally satisfied. However will never use them from Southampton again when travelling with hold baggage as new self- service system is totally user unfriendly. They do not seem to understand that the whole flying experience starts the moment the passenger enters the airport terminal. One wonders if they will eventually ask passengers to utilise galley facilities on flights themselves and watch safety videos so they may dispense with cabin crew! If they need to save money they should sack those responsible, sell off the new machines and employ someone with a concept of customer service!

flyBe Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Anthony King    (UK)

Used Flybe to visit a relative in Spain. Flow from Southampton to Alicante, the trip went well but the return flight from Alicante to Southampton was 6 hours late. We were given no information at Alicante airport. When talking to other passengers they said we were not kept informed as to what was wrong with our flight. When going to collect my first food voucher, the company which were issuing them closed the shutter in front of us, I was able to get the second one. I do believe that your company needs to be more customer friendly.

flyBe Customer review :  26 March 2014 by C Farrah-Mills    (UK)

Booked 2 flybe tickets from Newcastle to Gatwick for a Sunday at 2.15pm via lastminute.com - this was changed to 10.05am without us being told - we only found out when trying to book in on line (which we never did do as their site keeps crashing). 10.05 plane cancelled when we were at the departure gate - chaos followed, no apology, we eventually got the 6.05pm flight so a further 8 hours delay. My Mother whom I had taken to a family wedding is 89 and has health issues. Very poor treatment.

flyBe Customer review :  11 March 2014 by C Hall    (France)

I was on a delayed flight last week. We just managed to leave the airport before it closed and had to have special permission to land at Edinburgh, due to the late hour. When we got on the plane 3 hours late, tired and a bit cross but the flight staff were marvellous. They made sure we were well informed and was extremely understanding of people's frustration.

flyBe Customer review :  27 February 2014 by Christopher Whieldon    (UK)

Recently travelled from Geneva to Manchester via Southampton. Found staff very helpful and friendly, took off on time and arrived early, no problems at check in, had no problems whatsoever. Would use again.

flyBe Customer review :  27 February 2014 by Stuart Ward    (UK)

BHX-BHD, 23/2/14. Not having flown for 4 years and reading the reviews I was apprehensive. But all my fears were groundless, check in pain less, boarding and arrival on time. Cabin crew good, cockpit crew informative. The only downside was the aircraft which was a turbo prop so a bit noisy and seats a bit cramped. Question is would I use them if another airline provided on the same route using bigger aircraft?

flyBe Customer review :  26 February 2014 by James Choochot    (UK)

MAN to EDI. Flight took off 15 mins late. No explanation. Straightforward flight. Trolley service offered for payment. Bussed to terminal on arrival. Before departure I asked to swap seats due to row 11 having no window. This was dealt with immediately and after discussion with the captain, I was offered a seat swap with no qualms.

flyBe Customer review :  19 February 2014 by Katrina Kozersky    (UK)

We were due to fly out of Cardiff to Chambery on 15/2/2014. Flight took off on time, flight time 2 hours. After 1.5 hours the pilot informed us that due to technical difficulties he had to turn back to the UK and land in Southampton. We did land albeit a rough one. Another plane was offered and we embarked and tried again to get to Chambery. No food was offered - a free drink on the flight. I had two young children which wasn't ideal. This flight wasn't uneventful either. We came into lane at Chambery when all of a sudden the planes nose started to climb. The captain said that due to high winds and ice we would try to land again in 5 minutes. I might try to find an alternative route home. Fly Maybe!

flyBe Customer review :  14 February 2014 by Mark McCullough    (UK)

LGW-BHD, January. Disappointed to use Bombardier prop rather than Embraer jet, but same flight time. Standard no free catering. Comfortable flight. But I just felt FlyBe didn't care anymore, as they are withdrawing from LGW routes in March.

flyBe Customer review :  13 February 2014 by M Studer    (Switzerland)

Flew February 1st from Geneva to Inverness. I was very pleased to find that flyby had a route to and from Inverness flying out of Geneva. I realise the route is really for the folks from the north of Scotland to fly to Geneva but as I have family in the north this was a huge advantage. I hope they will repeat the flight next winer (and why not a summer one to attract the Swiss to the north and west of Scotland) as I will certainly be using it as will several of my friends. A good experience all around this time.

flyBe Customer review :  7 February 2014 by Michael Davies    (UK)

Manchester to Belfast City and back. On a Q400 Dash 8. Online check in will charge you 6.50 if you want to select a specific seat, otherwise its free if you leave it to them to select the seat for you. I see no reason to choose on such a short flight. Boarding efficient. Overhead luggage racks are a bit small compared to other planes. Leg room excellent, but the seats are a little narrow. 40 minutes in the air. For the return I checked in using the self service machines. So simple to use. Departed 30 minutes late but made up a little time. Very efficient disembarking, the doors were open about 30 seconds after engine stop. As I had hand luggage only, I was in the taxi within 3-4 minutes. I have never had any problems with this airline.

flyBe Customer review :  20 January 2014 by Brown Ronald    (UK)

Regularly fly SOU-AMS using codeshare with KLM. Business Class ticket does not get a different seat or any perks. Staff are condescending. Check-in at Southampton was a nightmare with only one desk open, with two Customer Service desks working alongside (but not checking passengers in). The queue was the length of the terminal building, as was the queue for the self-check in for baggage. Flying on a codeshare means you cannot check in online. No-one answers the Flybe telephones and if they did the charge is extortionate. They don't respond to emails either. No wonder passengers are voting with their feet and finding alternative methods for their journey.

flyBe Customer review :  19 December 2013 by G Colburn    (UK)

Belfast City-Manchester. Hassle free trip from checking in online to arriving in Manchester ten minutes early. Plane was oldish and seating is cramped, however for a flight that only takes forty-five minutes, this is bearable. Crew were polite and helpful, although there were very few passengers, not that I am complaining of course! Will fly with them again if the opportunity presents itself.

flyBe Customer review :  12 December 2013 by K Alexander    (UK)

Return trip Isle of Man/Manchester. Outbound flight arrived early and return flight only about 5 mins late due to being held at the holding point for the runway in Manchester for nearly 15mins because of traffic - not Flybe's fault. Cabin staff friendly and attentive. Only gripe is that on a Saturday, there are only two flights to choose from - either 0700 or 2000 - would be good if they had one in between. Excellent business lounge at Manchester for frequent flyers.

flyBe Customer review :  11 December 2013 by Nick Palfrey    (UK)

Aberdeen to Exeter via Manchester. Excellent service, my flights were on time and on modern Embraer and Dash-8. Cabin crew attentive for a 55 min trip and the ground handling was fine. A low cost, easy to use carrier in my opinion.

flyBe Customer review :  6 December 2013 by Simon Rickman    (UK)

Southampton - Amsterdam - Southampton. Love SOU airport, park the car and a 2 minute walk to the terminal, had checked-in online, so straight through immigration / security to the lounge area. Flight left on time, Dash 8 comfortable, and service as you would expect from a low cost carrier. Arrived on time into AMS, bus transfer to terminal, all very quick. Flight back was good spoilt only by a rattly interior on the Dash 8 , which was quite annoying after an hour. Apart from that landed on time, quick from aircraft to car park as always at Southampton. Why use Heathrow when you can use this great airport.

flyBe Customer review :  6 December 2013 by T Newsham    (UK)

We booked Flybe flights from Exeter to Leeds/Bradford for last Christmas, Flybe changed the flight times after we booked almost as often as I change clothes and then cancelled the whole route. We were placed on the Southampton to Leeds/Bradford route, ok similar distance from home so we allowed them to keep the booking. Big mistake as only a short time before we flew Flybe decided to shut down our return date flight? This obviously caused a lot of problems and we eventually went up by train! Latest fiasco is our booking for next August on the exact same route, Southampton to Leeds/Bradford which we booked months ago and yesterday they cancelled the route? You even have to phone them at 10p per minute to get your explanation? I seriously don't know how this "airline" if you can call it that still operates and I have to say we will never, ever bother booking with them again. On the one time we have actually managed to fly Flybe they were very late returning due to the fact that they couldn't count the number of passengers on board the half empty aircraft, seriously one passenger got through Flybe's entire security with a ticket for the next day and was sat on the aircraft and they let him stay? Avoid at all costs as Flybe are also way to expensive for what you get.

flyBe Customer review :  5 December 2013 by Gavin Morrison    (UK)

Flew GLA to Kirkwall return with Loganair operated by Flybe. SAAB aircraft comfortable and enjoyable to fly on. Cabin crew friendly and both flights on time. I was disappointed by the inflight service. 80mls of water apple or orange juice and a caramel wafer! For 180 quid rtn I would expect an alcoholic drink and a sandwich at least. Otherwise the experience was great.

flyBe Customer review :  4 December 2013 by James Denholm    (UK)

As a weekly user I am dismayed at rising prices and the withdrawal of some flights. I note remaining flight prices increase. I regularly use Southampton to Manchester. Yes we may arrive 5 mins early but get parked up at some far off location then we get bussed to terminal to find Menzies ground handling have no staff to open arrival gate, the whole experience is cattle class. Come on Flybe look after your customers. The southbound flights ex Manchester are prone to delay yes technical problems, what are these problems? As I watch a flustered crew to arrive us to fly us south or if at MAN no marshal to despatch aircraft once boarded. One just cannot do any business around the schedule as too many things work against you. In essence focus on customer service or you will not have any customers. I am looking at other ways to go from south to Manchester. It was good at the beginning but now is a part of the week I dread. Flybe please listen to your customers.

flyBe Customer review :  27 November 2013 by Deborah Whalen    (UK)

Dreadful service and customer care following a very delayed flight Newcastle to Jersey - this was made even worse that it was originally sold as a direct flight, and changed with no explanation as being via Southampton. Long delay due to "technical problems" which were announced 15 minutes prior to planned take off, causing the connection via Southampton to be missed. Flybe staff have proved universally unhelpful in dealing with the complaints and consideration for compensation since. Avoid this airline.

flyBe Customer review :  18 November 2013 by Linda Barnes    (UK)

Absolute rubbish airline! Son had a weekend ticket, due from Southampton to Leeds Bradford, flight cancelled just as they were due to board, having had to travel from Middleborough to collect him, had to then go to Manchester, took me 4 hours with no explanation. Then today take him back to Leeds Bradford airport for the 20.30 flight back to Southampton delayed till 11.30 then only flight diverted to Bournemouth with a 45 minute coach journey to Southampton! Just brought him back and will put him on the train tomorrow, no more FLYBE.

flyBe Customer review :  18 November 2013 by S Mcallister    (UK)

Flight from Leeds to Belfast, delayed by four hours due to a technical fault! It was supposed to be a 13.05 flight, one passenger informed me that they had had an e-mail some weeks before asking if they would go on the 17.00 flight as there would be no 13.00 flight on this day. This seems a little strange one flight which may have taken all us 13.05 passengers and the 17.00. Not good enough, four hour delay especially for children and those with deadlines.

flyBe Customer review :  12 November 2013 by M Ellis    (UK)

East Midlands to Glasgow on day of the recent storm. The flight was on time and comfortable. All staff were very pleasant. No complaints at all.

flyBe Customer review :  6 November 2013 by Roger Stone    (Australia)

FLYBE codeshare with Finnair. From Helsinki to Norrkoping and return and a recommended way of getting into Norrkoping if, for some odd reason, you have to get there. Enjoyable flights - probably due to the very good crew members on Flybe up in this part of the world, although beware that all drinks and food are charged for, including water. Flights were more or less on-time in clean ATR aircraft where boarding is from the rear of the aircraft - also where the best seats are located. Use of the Finnair lounge in Helsinki is an excellent attraction. The return flights arrived into Helsinki Vantaa close to midnight and I was surprised to see so many Flybe and Finnair flights arriving and departing at this time, including into northern Finland. Such an arrangement and scheduling means that if you need to stay overnight at the (good) airport hotel then midnight arrivals and departures are commonplace and well catered for.

flyBe Customer review :  6 November 2013 by Philip Jeyes    (UK)

Birmingham - Hannover. I don't know what people want from a low-cost airline but I've never had any problems with the booking, check-in and general travel experiences. The online booking is straightforward with no hidden extras, the automated check-in is straightforward (only once has it not 'recognised' me and I've simlpy gone to a clerk and completed it there hassle-free), boarding, flight and disembarkment has never been a concern and the staff I have encountered have always been friendly and helpful.

flyBe Customer review :  1 November 2013 by M Hallworth    (UK)

I fly regularly from Manchester to Aberdeen, usually the outbound 1st flight of the morning on Tuesday is good, apart from if it's been cold, i.e. in winter, we then wait for 20 mins whilst the plane is de-iced, happens every time. Why don't they figure this out and do it earlier. The return flights are quite often delayed especially the 19.39 flight from Aberdeen, it can be hours late, with little or no or conflicting reasons why, so annoying to week in week out hear how sorry flybe are for the delay, I don't care just sort it! I changed to an earlier flight and that now appears to be afflicted with the late bug. I will change as soon as there is a different time option. Not good they mess up my work life balance and cost me money.

flyBe Customer review :  29 October 2013 by Vieira Manuel    (UK)

Used Flybe today coming from Manchester to Aberdeen, but try avoid if there are BMI regional flights. This airline is the worst in the UK. My company booked my flight and the return prices can cost the same as a flight to the USA. No drinks offered or anything. Today apparently my fare didn't include check in bag so they made me pay 40 pounds for a small 8 kg bag because it didn't fit in the cabin as hand luggage! Try to avoid if you can!

flyBe Customer review :  26 October 2013 by Matthew McGimpsey    (UK)

I fly Flybe weekly on their Belfast to London route for business. 90% of flights are on time on a very comfortable Embraer E-195 aircraft. Staff usually friendly and fun, food is fine for a snack. Very occasionally on less busy flights they swap aircraft and instead use a Dash 8 prop plane. This adds about 30 minutes to the journey and is rather cramped. This is rare however. Nothing really to fault Flybe with and will miss them when they leave Gatwick, leaving the diabolical Aer Lingus the only carrier covering the route.

flyBe Customer review :  21 October 2013 by Helen Charge    (UK)

Recently flew from Southampton to Alicante with Flybe for the first time. Excellent service when we arrived late at check in. They whisked us through without a problem. Lovely friendly staff on the flight. No complaints whatsoever.

flyBe Customer review :  8 October 2013 by G Nick    (UK)

Today left 3.5 hrs late and was told two different stories why. Whenever they have a less than half full flight they cancel or shift it to later with a poor excuse. Today I checked in and tagged my own baggage! Will shortly be carrying my own bags to my destination. Will actively now seek alternate carrier.