Finnair Passenger Reviews and Finnair Customer Trip Reports

Finnair Customer review :  23 July 2012 by Juraj Kovac    (Slovakia)

Prague to Helsinki return, connecting further onto domestic flights. Finnair still provides a very decent service on its European routes, even though they've not been immune to aggressive cost cutting, which has affected the service somewhat. Asking 8 € for a pre-assigned seat is shameful, but if you're patient, you can choose your seat freely (even exit row!) during online check-in. On the upside, flights were on time (even despite some delay on departure) and legroom on the A320 family is good. Water, soft drinks and tea/coffee are offered free of charge, there's food (cold, but very tasty) even on a 2 hr. flight; and the overhead screens show live take-off/approach footage. Staff are delightful.

Finnair Customer review :  16 July 2012 by Tekle Shanka    (Australia)

Took connecting flight from Singapore to Helsinki on 2nd July 2012 and return flight to Singapore on 10th July 2012. Whilst, overall impression was Ok, I was very disappointed on the return leg. Checked in at Vantaa about five hours ahead of the boarding time. At boarding got I was told my assigned seat was given to somebody else and was allocated in the section I did not request for. The seat was cramped. The entertainment unit was not working.

Finnair Customer review :  14 July 2012 by Katarina Gustafsson    (Australia)

We recently flew Melbourne to Helsinki, via Singapore. When departing Singapore 2 of the rear toilets were "out of order". Even one of the stewards voiced his disbelief that they had not been rendered operational before departure.

Finnair Customer review :  10 July 2012 by Anna Gislen    (Sweden)

Singapore-Helsinki - food overcooked and horrible. Poor range of movies on a 12 hour flight. Tray in seat almost loose and bad quality, seat cramped and uncomfortable. No head-phones were handed out, available only for hire. No free drinks except soft drinks. Flew with them (Helsinki-Hong Kong) where at least the movie selection was a little bit better and head-phones delivered free, but everything else as bad.

Finnair Customer review :  9 July 2012 by T Isaacs    (Australia)

HKG-HEL-HKG. Flew A340 to Helsinki and A330 on the return flight. Both planes well presented on boarding, flight crew attentive on both legs. Took the option of extra leg room on both flights (both night flights) - row 41, and was glad I did, as I managed a reasonable sleep. Having travelled on Qantas to and from HKG, the IFE on Finnair was lacking choice and somewhat dated, food was just passable, however plastic cups that were thin, and paper cups for tea / coffee were pretty poor.

Finnair Customer review :  4 July 2012 by Akram El Dimerdash    (Egypt)

CDG-HEL. The Flight was on time, the Crew was a real plus on this flight, they were very friendly, smiling, and helpful. The plane (A321) was modern and Clean. The flight time was 2 hrs 35 min, so the meal was not appropriate for the length of the flight - just a cold chicken sandwich and a soft drink! All in all it was a pleasant flight and will fly Finnair again.

Finnair Customer review :  27 June 2012 by F Ciebien    (Canada)

Finnair should be ashamed of themselves for cramming in so many seats on an eight hour flight from Toronto to Helsinki. My husband and I are 6' and 5'8" respectively; there was just no leg room available for either of us. It was the worst experience we have ever had on any airline. The staff were pleasant enough, but you couldn't enjoy your meal when you were trying not to elbow your neighbour. I am sorry to say my holiday was diminished, knowing I would have to repeat the same flight home. Finnair did not disappoint in that regard. Never again!

Finnair Customer review :  26 June 2012 by Lassi Laukkanen    (Finland)

HEL-SIN-HEL. Very comfortable flights. Enough legroom. Dinner average, breakfast very tasty. Drinks available from the galley during all flight. Good entertainment with nice films and quality music. Lavatories clean. Best thing on both flights was excellent cabin service, especially from Singapore to Helsinki. All flight attendants were very friendly and nice taking care customers. All the time smiling and chatting with passengers.

Finnair Customer review :  25 June 2012 by C Ching    (Canada)

Flight from Helsinki to Hong Kong was 'delayed' from 11.40pm to 8am: Over 100 passengers were sitting at the gate with no staff present anywhere and no idea that there was even a delay! Finally around 11.30ish, a few passengers went over to the Finnair Lounge, only to find that the flight had been delayed. The previous plane hadn't come in - you didn't know this before letting half the plane check in? Many people had been there since 8.30-9pm! People were fighting to get onto a single coach to go to the provided hotel - no meals provided and there weren't even meal options available for those who wanted to pay. People with connecting flights were provided with no assistance whatsoever. No phone available.

Finnair Customer review :  22 June 2012 by Elaine Nyman    (Canada)

We had travelled 7hrs by car to get to Toronto on the 5th and spent the whole day of the 6th waiting for our flight to go out at 10.30 pm and then we were told the flight was cancelled. Finnair did pay for our hotel that night and paid for our breakfast but then we had another day of waiting around and which cost us money for more meals. Because of this delay we missed a day and a half in Copenhagen which was part of our trip that we had paid for. We feel we lost about four hundred dollars a person for the delay. The plane was like a sardine can. There was no leg room and very hard getting in and out of your seat. Anybody with claustrophobia would not have been able to handle it. The flight attendants were very pleasant and friendly. I can't complain about the service at all. Our flight from Copenhagen to Helsinki was in a much roomier plane. I think that when you fly 8 hrs. you should be comfortable. I don't think I would fly Finnair again unless I knew what type if aircraft I would be flying in.

Finnair Customer review :  19 June 2012 by Azlan Hashim    (Malaysia)

I flew on Finnair SIN-HEL the of June 2012. The ground agent at SIN were helpful and friendly. I was seating on 26H. I found the legroom was pretty good. The inflight entertainment and onboard meal were average. The highlight for this flight was the crew - friendly and courteous. I would recommend this airline to friends and family.

Finnair Customer review :  19 June 2012 by D Saulys    (USA)

June 12th Finnair flight Helsinki to Hong Kong flight was abruptly cancelled (ie 8 hour delay), and we were rebooked on the Singapore flight losing our pre-paid exit row seats in the process, and greatly inconveniencing my return to work the next day. Rebooking agent was rude. Worse, I know these cancellations are a matter of routine - same happened to two relatives in May. Finnair apparently cancels flights when they do not sell a minimum number of tickets. I fly 60K miles a year but will never ever fly them again. And good luck trying to get your money back for pre-paid comfort seats.

Finnair Customer review :  12 June 2012 by Ernesto Sanchez    (Thailand)

BKK-HEL-MAD-HEL-BKK in Economy Class. The planes on both legs (A330 long haul, A320 short haul) were new and clean. All flights departed on time and the transit in Helsinki was smooth. Economy Class seats in the A330 have inflight entertainment system, which is good although with limited selection of movies. The food was fine, both in quality and quantity. The seats in economy are just ok. The staff was always friendly and attentive. Finnair is probably the best value price choice for flights between Europe and Asia. Highly recommended.

Finnair Customer review :  11 June 2012 by Charlie Sinclair    (UK)

I found it clean, efficient, on time and overall a good airline to fly with. The food wasn't bad. My flights arrived and left on time. The entertainment on long haul flights were perfectly reasonable and the staff were very friendly. Overall I would recommend this airline to anyone and would consider using it again myself.