PAGE loading ... please wait!

First Choice Airways Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

Thomson Airways Aircraft Seat Plans

Thomson Airways Economy class seat reviews

Thomson Airways Passenger seat tips

Destinations & Aircraft Fleet Guide

FIRST CHOICE review :  20 July 2009 : by B Carroll   (UK)

Premier

My partner and I have just travelled to Dominican Republic with First Choice and we upgraded our flights to Premier class. The service and comfort was excellent. But, on the outgoing flight we weren't sat together - we were sat behind each other which First Choice deem as "together"! We were the first to check in pretty much but they would not budge - saying that the seats had been allocated! The rep at the First Choice desk at Manchester Airport was rude, obviously hadn't attended a customer care course recently, because he just didn't care! It's something to bear in mind if you were hoping to sit together.

FIRST CHOICE review :  21 May 2009 : by S Hunter   (UK)

Manchester to Sharm el Sheikh. First Choice was the worst airline I've travelled with. We pre-booked extra legroom seats to ensure we were together - little knowing that across the aisle counts as together in First Choice World. They "managed" to change us on the way there and, on the way back, the same thing happened and luckily a gentleman who as about 10 rows away from his wife anyway, changed seats with my husband so we could sit together. The normal seats are stunningly cramped - and I'm 5' 3"! However, on the plus side, the crew were fantastic with my husband and myself. The food was inedible. My entire row left it.

FIRST CHOICE review :  21 May 2009 : by C Leighton  (UK)

Taba to Manchester. Terrible flight. Having flown out with Thomson who were good, we were suprised to come back on an old and grubby First Choice 757. Cramped legroom on this 6 hour flight (which is apparently short haul). The plane was only half full, but all of the passengers were seated at the back. This was because the luggage had been placed at the front so they needed to balance the plane for take off and landing, worrying eh? The flight should have only been 5 hours. Food okay. Not a good flight.

FIRST CHOICE review :  30 April 2009 : by H Southworth

Trip Rating : 7/10

MAN-VRA-MAN on time both ways. Boeing 767's a little tired, suppose they will get a makeover soon with the Thomson merger. IFE system poor in Star Class, you really have to purchase the noise reducing headphones to make it worthwhile trying to watch anything. 33 inch legroom was adequate until seats were reclined. 10 hour flight gave us a meal and snack box each way. Food OK. Free pillows and blankets much appreciated for night flight home, although seats were unbearable for trying to sleep, must be the most uncomfortable headrest I have ever experienced. Staff polite and friendly. Have always liked travelling with First Choice, would choose them for long haul again over other British package holiday company as long as they keep the 2-3-2 layout for their 767's and don't go with the Thomson 2-4-2.

FIRST CHOICE review :  24 April 2009 : by Kathryn Bell

Trip Rating : 6/10

Madeira from Birmingham as part of a Thomson package. Staff were okay and times were spot on but the flight out was crowded and very stuffy, I thought I was going to faint. My husband could only just do the seat belt up and neither of us had enough leg room.

FIRST CHOICE review :  26 March 2009 : by Bob Ellis

Trip Rating : 5/10

Gatwick to Goa and return March 2009. Same great seats, same food, same entertainment system, equally good cabin staff. So why was the return flight great and the outward flight horrendous? Answer I had a recliner in front of me! This reduced the 33 inch seat pitch by approx 15 inches, and was so cramped I had to spend the last third of the flight standing up.

FIRST CHOICE review :  21 March 2009 : by G Santi

Trip Rating : 8/10

B767- 300 Star Class Premier Gatwick to Barbados return. Both flights on time, IFE had to be rebooted outbound once but inbound no problems, food excellent - though would be nice to have a second hot meal - drinks free flowing - crew friendly and professional. 36" seat pitch great for 100 extra return so great value for money on a 8 hour flight - just hope the good service continues with the Thomson merger.

FIRST CHOICE review :  17 March 2009 : by K Duffy

Trip Rating : 10/10

Star Class Premium Economy. London Gatwick-Florida Sanford Return. Both flights were superb with very comfortable, wide seats with great legroom. Amenity kit was fantastic with quality items and a selection of moisturizer and skin creams. Food was excellent served on crockery with glassware and very tasty afternoon tea service and good quality ice cream. Crew were very mature and attentive while still being friendly and the on-demand entertainment system worked perfectly on both flights with a great choice of films to suit all tastes. Our experience was better than past business class flights - it's such a shame First Choice is loosing this fantastic product to Thomsonfly.

FIRST CHOICE review :  23 February 2009 : by P Rogers

Trip Rating : 9/10

Flown a few times with First Choice (long haul) and with 33" pitch I recommend them. With 4 kids in tow the movies kept them entertained. Check in fast and easy both ways, service excellent, seats comfortable. Food was fine. Thomson were not as good. Booked the upgrade for Mexico -just hope is a rebranded First Choice aircraft, not an old Thomson on..

FIRST CHOICE review :  22 January 2009 : by Bob Skipworth

Trip Rating : 7/10

We travelled with First Choice (Thomson) to the Maldives. The aircraft was a 767 with extra legroom seats. However the 33ins legroom was marred greatly for me by the presence of a spring bar on the seat back pouch which took at least 2ins off the legroom. Being 6ft 3ins tall I was forced to put the sleep pillow between my legs and the pocket to stop the bar digging into my knees. A simple elastic replacement would solve the problem. Otherwise the flights were tolerable with acceptable food and service. The seat back TV were a little disappointing as they wanted 5 for an upgrade to the full service otherwise some features were blocked.

FIRST CHOICE review :  31 December 2008 : by G Conaughton

Trip Rating : 8/10

Travelled with my wife, a toddler and baby from Gatwick to Hurghada on 757 (5.5 hrs each way). Check in very quick and efficient, both flights left on time and arrived early. Leg room is a little squashed but overall the experience was fine. Cabin crew couldnt have done more for us and were very friendly especially considering they work the outbound and retun flight so a very long day. We didnt pay for the meal as with children it's hard to know if they'll be awake when the food is served so we bought our own, and didnt pay to reserve seats but were allocated seats together both ways.

FIRST CHOICE review :  24 December 2008 : by J Kasziba

Trip Rating : 4/10

First Choice from Gatwick to Cancun return. Outbound flight was fine, cabin crew attentive, very polite and pleasant. However inbound I was astounded by the attitude of the senior flight attendant who was very rude to passengers, did not attempt to be pleasant at all, and was very unhelpful. We have had far better service on short hauls to Spain. ays

FIRST CHOICE review :  13 December 2008 : by John Lynn

Trip Rating : 9/10

Manchester to Fueteventura return. A 320 both ways on behalf of Thomson. Clean aircraft - reasonable leg room (my partner is 6ft 2 and had no problems). The in fligh breakfast on the outbound was so so - the return afternoon flight was very good! Cabin crew excellent both ways

FIRST CHOICE review :  13 December 2008 : by C Walker

Trip Rating : 3/10

Manchester-Bridgetown. First time flying with First Choice (and probably the last). We booked this holiday as a special one for our 50th Birthdays. The holiday itself was excellent, but the flights were not enjoyable at all. We had pre-booked seats with extra leg room which we did get on the outward flight. However, we also asked for gluten free meals as my husband has a dietary problem. There was no meal available for him, and FA was rude when asked about this. It seemed she and other members of the crew didn't like their jobs, and neither did they have very good people skills. On our return home, we were told at check-in that there were no extra leg room seats available, even though they had been pre-booked and paid for months before, and the seats that we were given were very uncomfortable and cramped. Neither was there a meal for my husband again. The only good thing was that the cabin crew were much more pleasant and helped as much as they could. We have contacted First Choice via email to the complaints dept. This was a week ago but as yet we have had no response (and probably won't receive one) But we will not let it rest.

FIRST CHOICE review :  19 November 2008 : by J Fairbrother

Trip Rating : 8/10

Family of 4 flew to Dom Rep. We upgraded our Flight to Star Class Premier as we were offered it at a Discounted rate. The check in was quick and service on the flight was great. I have recently been looking to book next year and looked to upgrade again and the price has doubled, they are now wanting 900 - 1000. to upgrade.

FIRST CHOICE review :  15 November 2008 : by O Lloyd

Trip Rating : 0/10

Flew with First Choice to Taba return. Both flights were awful - uncomfortable seats, not the ones we requested. Food was ok, but it was a bad B757 for the 5 hour flight. The cabin crew were ok - some fantastic, but others who really couldn't be bothered other than to moan about the passengers who had come in on the earlier flight! Not something I really wanted to listen too while squashed against the seat in front while we waited for clearance - for two hours! No water or refreshments offered while we waited, just the odd announcement from the harassed flightdeck crew. This will be the first and last time I fly with First Choice or Thomsonfly. Terrible.

FIRST CHOICE review :  16 October 2008 : by G Bailey

Trip Rating : 0/10

Manchester to Innsbruck return. Pn outward leg there was a 3 hour delay due to a serious electrical fault! Seat pitch was excruciatingly tight, so on return flight I opted to pay 15 euro each for extra leg room seat. The seats allocated had a broken (and dangerous ) armrest between them. The cabin crew then rubbed salt into the wound by giving out all the remaining extra leg room seats to all comers free of charge. On return I chased up the matter with their customer services, and insisted on a refund of the 30Euro surcharge - after a month got a reply which effectively said " Get Lost ". A follow up letter got the same response. Be aware that this company (TUI group), cannot be trusted. Their planes are ancient, and are in a terrible state of repair (internally at least ). The result for me is that I will never trust any part of the TUI group with a booking in the future.

FIRST CHOICE review :  16 October 2008 : by Paul Nelson

Trip Rating : 3/10

Premier cabin 767 LGW–CUN. Excellent value on the outbound good seats, food and service for the fare paid (seats 2A/B). However the return was terrible. Allocated bulkhead seats that had less room than economy. I found it very strange that there was no cut out to enable pax to stretch their legs. crew on the return scruffy and very disengaged. Warning refuse seats in row 1.

FIRST CHOICE review : 11 October 2008 : by Roger Valentine

Customer Rating : 1/5

2 Star Rating

Our outward journey Gatwick to Paphos was delayed 4 hrs but at least they used a larger plane with better facilities. Coming home from Paphos we were delayed 32 hours! Put on a delapidated plane which on the runway showed a fault. They got an engineer from Larnaca up so we were took of aircraft and waited further 3 hrs before being taken to an inferior hotel for the night. We were then told at 11am we would be picked up at 7.30pm but still not sure if plane repaired. Once back at Paphos airport we were not informed of what was happening and after a near riot the captain came to speak to us after midnight. Eventually took off at 2am arriving home 32 hours late missing 2 days work, getting no onboard meal that had been paid for, having to pay extra car park etc. Why did they not get another plane - I guess First choice are on a shoestring and doing TUI no favours at all. We will never fly with them again.

FIRST CHOICE review : 6 October 2008 : by S Alsop

Customer Rating : 2/5

2 Star Rating

Got to LGW to be informed our flight was delayed by 2 hours and 20 mins. Sat around departure lounge for ages before finally boarding. Loads of space, free films and games on board as an apology. Had a free glass of wine. If you want to sleep then take ear plugs and blindfold - as cabin crew will try and sell everything onboard and don't let you sleep. Better return flight where we were left to sleep but smaller plane with no legroom.

PAGE:   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |