EVA Air Passenger Reviews and EVA Air Customer Trip Reports

WATCH the EVA Air Cabin Service and Product experience videos

EVA Air Customer review :  24 April 2014 by John Peters    (Canada)

San Francisco to Taipei. After a couple hours spent in the EVA lounge in SFO my expectations were rather low. The lounge was small, located down a long narrow corridor and offered a very modest selection of food. Once on board the flight though everything changed. The flight attendants guided the guests to their seats and were very attentive throughout the flight. I didn't want to eat the entire evening meal (the flight only leaves after midnight) and that was no problem. The food was excellent with a good selection of wines. In-flight entertainment was certainly adequate. The somewhat angled seats had lots of storage areas and once the seat was brought to the flat position I could stretch my long body out fully. The only reason I didn't give them the highest mark was due to the mediocre lounge.

EVA Air Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Peter McAuley    (UK)

My wife and I flew Heathrow to Bangkok, returning 6th April, travelling economy. Overall, not a brilliant experience. Announcements were in English, Thai and Chinese. Could not distinguish the English from the other languages! On the return flight (delayed an hour), we were served a meal at 3pm, then next food at 11.45pm. We were quite hungry. Soft drinks were regularly brought around, always lukewarm! Alcohol was very restricted, half a glass of wine in the whole 12 hour flight.

EVA Air Customer review :  22 April 2014 by D Ford    (UK)

London - Bangkok. Excellent flight, the Royal Laurel Class is an excellent and well priced product. The cabin crew were as always in my experience efficient, polite and friendly, the toilets were kept immaculate with a well stocked variety of toiletries. No complaints about the food or drinks that were served and the mid-flight offer of hot chocolate and cookies always seems a welcome indulgence. Baggage at Bangkok was fast, check in at London was a little chaotic due to building work at gate 36, but the staff managed well under the circumstances.

EVA Air Customer review :  20 April 2014 by Ron Kuhlmann    (USA)

SFO-TPE and return. Excellent service and attention from the crew. Both flight left near midnight, and while the food was good on both, the hour was a bit past the ideal time for dinner. Though with long hours ahead, one is able to eat and still get a full night's sleep. In business, the cubbies have lots of storage for "stuff" and that is a welcome opportunity. I noted that the crew kept the lavs clean fro the entire flight-nice touch.

EVA Air Customer review :  16 April 2014 by E Collins    (UK)

Second time on EVA in Business Class travelling LHR-BKK. Crew were efficient with a smile and provided excellent service. Food was also good. A very comfortable flight, no complaints and I am fast becoming a fan of EVA.

EVA Air Customer review :  11 April 2014 by Peter Laight    (Canada)

I just completed my 10th YVR-SGN round trip on EVA in deluxe economy with the occasional business class upgrade. A very reliable airline - never a delayed flight or a lost bag in all that time. Very comfortable seats, good food, good entertainment, good service, and good value for money - no other airline can match it! Highly recommended.

EVA Air Customer review :  11 April 2014 by Chris Townley    (UK)

Flew Heathrow - Bangkok return, BR068/BR067. Premium economy a lot cheaper than BA or Qantas equivalent and good value against Thai economy class.

EVA Air Customer review :  7 April 2014 by M Ternelli    (Taiwan)

Taipei-Tokyo-Taipei. Great experience. Staff polite, kind and smiled, food tasted ok, and "Hello Kitty" everywhere. The check-in was fast and professional. Moreover, the selection of movies and entertainment programs was great with the latest movies already available.

EVA Air Customer review :  31 March 2014 by G Graham    (USA)

We flew Vancouver, Canada (YVR) to Taipei, Taiwan (TPE). This segment was in business class (Premium Laurel Class) on the 747-400. We had seats 7H and 7K. Boarding was fast and efficient. The seats were in the lower forward section of the 747 and were lie-flat angled seats. The service and food was very good. We pre-ordered our meals on-line. The IFE had a good selection of choices. This was my first experience with the angled seats and it was comfortable but I would opt for the 180 degree lie flat when given the choice. The flight arrived on time and our connection in Taipei was smooth, we were greeted by name and shown where to go for our next flight. Our flight to Hong Kong (HKG) was on an MD-90 in seats 2A and 2C - Business Class. Service and meals were very good as well! Our return was slightly different flying from Bangkok, Thailand (BKK) to TPE on an Airbus A330. Our seats (24F and 24G) were in economy on this flight and the service and seats were very good. My only complaint was that our seats were changed within 24 hours of our trip moving us away from friends we were seated next to. This also occurred on our next flight in business class but one person offered to switch seats once we were on the plane. Our flight from TPE to Los Angeles (LAX) was on the 777-300 ER in Royal Laurel Class - their newer designed business class seats - lie flat. We were in seats 5D and 5G aisle seats. The boarding process was swift. Once again we pre- ordered our food on-line. The service was excellent throughout the flight. The food was probably the best I have had on a plane! I slept well too! It really felt like this could have been first class. I would fly Eva Air again if I have the opportunity to do so.

EVA Air Customer review :  27 March 2014 by K Chen    (Canada)

LAX-TPE, a direct flight on the special Hello Kitty jet. From check-in to landing, the service and attention I received was excellent. The check-in staff were very welcoming, and when I asked for extra luggage tags and stickers (because they are so cute, and definitely something to collect!) she didn't hesitate and gave me a whole stack. The crew were extremely friendly and helpful and made me feel respected and very welcome from the moment I got onboard. They came around with drinks often, and they seemed to pay close attention to whether you are asleep or not, because it seemed like whenever I got up, I was offered drinks, snacks and/or food. The toilets were very clean, and carried a variety of Hello Kitty amenities, and I noticed crew went in to clean up every time someone used it (I was seated close to the washroom). When I asked for some playing cards, as a souvenir, and one of the crew returned with a smile and several for me to take away. The seat itself is a full lie flat, with a large flatscreen TV and lots of movies and tv series to choose from, and came with noise-cancelling earphones. What was special was the amenity kit, which was a green Rimowa case-and I believe EVA Air is the only one to give these out in Business class. The pillow was very comfortable and had a Hello Kitty motif. The duvet was so light and made from down, and under them I had the best sleep I have ever had on board a flight (and I'm a light sleeper!). The only complaint I had was that the seat felt a bit narrow when going inside, otherwise, when you sit down or lie down, there is plenty of space for your personal belongings and to stretch out. I had pre-ordered meals online, and was rewarded with wonderful Taiwanese delicacies that smelt and tasted of "home cooking". Because it was a Hello Kitty flight, the napkins were specially designed, and even fruits and desserts had Hello Kitty motifs. The only down-side was that the portions were a bit small, but they did not hesitate to give me more food when I asked for it. The bubbly wine onboard, Dom Perignon, was recently voted best in Business Class. I normally don't drink on a flight, but this is definitely not something to pass up. All in all, a wonderful flight experience and I would highly recommend it to business class passengers for flying long haul across the Pacific (or even for other long haul flights).

EVA Air Customer review :  27 March 2014 by K Chen    (Canada)

TPE-NRT, onboard BR2189, a special Hello Kitty Airbus333 jet. Though it was a short regional flight (3.5hrs), the Business class service was excellent. The staff were very pleasant and welcoming, but most wonderful of the experience was the food on board. Flights originating from TPE carry special food prepared in collaboration with Taiwan's Din Tai Fung restaurant-something you must pre-order online before the flight. The chicken soup and steam dumplings (siaolungbao) were exquisite and memorable, even though they were heated on board again. The sparkling wine, a sparkling rose, served was light and fruity and went well with the food. Though this is not a lie-flat seat, but instead a reclining one inside a pod, I was surprised how comfortable it was and how long it could stretch (I am pretty tall). So I even managed to take a nice rest on the shortish flight. Highly recommend it, and definitely good value for money.

EVA Air Customer review :  26 March 2014 by Buecheler Roland    (Switzerland)

Travelled on Feb 22, BR88, Paris to TPE on Laurel Business, herringbone 1-2-1 seating, on new B777-300 with onward connection to KUL on rather old A330-200 with 2-2-2 seating. On both legs crews were very friendly and helpful. Toilets were cleaned after each use. We selected from the pre-order menu. Good selection of wines with tasty food. Both flights left on time and arrived early. Return on same routing and same type of aircraft. Again polite crew with good service. Used IFE only for music so cannot judge the quality further. Modern EVA lounge in TPE with good selection of food and drinks. Would fly them again.

EVA Air Customer review :  24 March 2014 by S Scales    (UK)

We flew to BKK on 4th March in economy. The seat pitch is good, the food was probably the worst I've had and myself and my boyfriend have travelled extensively and don't expect much from airline food! The cabin temp was freezing, I have never been so cold and noticed many other pax in coats and jackets, the staff were ok but no interaction and everything performed in military style. My parents were in premium economy and had a better experience but again not anything to rave about. I would rather pay more to travel as there are a lot better airlines out there.

EVA Air Customer review :  11 March 2014 by Yee Yean Lim    (Malaysia)

A330-200 aircraft, flights BR227, BR228 and round trip from KUL-TPE on 20th Feb 2014, and TPE-KUL on 22nd Feb 2014. I booked my ticket at their office in KL, and pre-selected my seats and meal. I changed my seat online, checked in online to avoid long queue in the airport. My food was VGML, and it was fine. There were pre-meal snacks and drinks, coffee or tea, drink as you liked. As for the seats, I am not that tall, so leg room was good enough for me. Staff helped me put my hand luggage in the overhead compartment. The seats are not meant for sleeping. Staff were very friendly with a good attitude, polite and good service.

EVA Air Customer review :  6 March 2014 by Mark LaPrairie    (Bhutan)

BR68, LHR-BKK, seat 3A, Royal Laurel Class. Was first seated in 8K, but found the constant opening and closing of the galley curtain annoying, so moved. Overall, EVA on the 777-300 has an excellent business class product. Good 1-2-1 seating, good food, obliging cabin crew and good IFE. Bags delivered quickly with priority bags off first. Bathrooms always spotless. Crew respond immediately to the call button. Bravo for EVA. I would definitely not hesitate to fly with them again. I used UA points for this travel and was glad I wasn't on UA with their ridiculous 2-4-2 layout in business class on their 777s and snarling crew - shameful.

EVA Air Customer review :  5 March 2014 by J Hall    (UK)

Flight from London to Bangkok was OK (just), but the flight back was an awful experience. We were in the middle of 4 seats and both middle seats have a metal box on the seat in front just where one leg needs to go, so you end up with one leg at an angle all the time and one foot twisted. Not at all comfortable on a long flight. Seats were hard. On the way out they gave us a menu which listed cocktails, liqueurs, etc but we were not offered anything other than wine, and only 1 glass at that. Food was not very good. Flight back to London from Bangkok was terrible. We had the same middle seats, so same problem with where to put your feet. The staff were extremely unfriendly - not one smile from any of them until the point at which we all left the plane. When we asked for a gin and tonic we were treated to glares and when we (plus a number of other passengers) asked for a second glass of wine with the meal, it was almost thrown at us. Inflight entertainment was not very good - very limited choice of films. I would not travel with EVA Air again.

EVA Air Customer review :  28 February 2014 by W Murray    (UK)

Flew London LHR-BKK-LHR in premium economy. Outbound flight ok and on time. Return flight which departs early afternoon somewhat spoiled by cabin crew insisting window blinds were closed, despite magnificent views of the Himalayas and Russian steppe! Service was average, with the tiniest glasses of wine served just once, followed by several equally tiny water or juice cups. The food was OK. The return flight was set just too cold. The seat and entertainment system were both excellent. The cabin crew would be saved time and energy if they handed out personal bottles of water or juice, and the one third size wine bottles we've had on trains for many years.

EVA Air Customer review :  27 February 2014 by W MacCormac    (UK)

Flew between BKK-LHR economy. I've flown with them many times over the last 2 years but this may be my last time due to the below constant problem. Its the same for every flight, good modern comfortable plane, always on time or close to, food is not great. Inflight is average. Space is not too bad, better than most. My big complaint is that more often than not, EVA flights are very cold! On this return flight to Heathrow on Tuesday, many passengers were again shivering and wrapping up in jumpers and jackets! The stewardesses really did nothing about it, even when passengers complained! You are going to lose many European customers.

EVA Air Customer review :  26 February 2014 by Mark LaPrairie    (Bhutan)

BR67, BKK-LHR Royal, Laurel Class, seat 2A. Overall, an excellent product. To start with, a convenient early afternoon departure time from BKK with a decent early evening arrival in LHR. The flight follows the setting sun most of the way, so it is a pleasant daytime flight with it just getting dark toward the end. When another passenger asked a crew member for me to close my window blind, she informed him that it is a daytime flight and that I can keep my window open if I wished. I appreciated that - I get window seats so that I can look out the window and people are given eyeshades for a reason. Good 1-2-1 seat configuration and calming mood lighting, including little stars on the ceiling. Efficient, obliging crew. Good food. I never once went into a lavatory that was anything other than spotlessly clean. I used United Mileage Plus points for this ticket. UA could take a page out of EVA's playbook. A great longhaul experience.

EVA Air Customer review :  20 February 2014 by Michael Carter    (Canada)

NRT-TPE-HKG in Business class. Both these flight were "Hello Kitty" flights. The flight from NRT to TPE had a last minute substitution to a 777 instead of A330 which meant business class was now Royal Laurel as opposed to the standard Premium Laurel. As a result I got to try out the herringbone life flat pods, which are an excellent product. TPE-HKG (which is the shorter of the 2 flights) was the regular Premium Laurel. For Business class you can pre-order your meals in advance on the EVA website and both meals were of a high standard. Cabin service also was professional, polite, as is typical on most Asian airlines in a premium cabin. The Hello Kitty service (and on the 2nd flight the dedicated Hello Kitty plane) is a great marketing idea and makes the flight a little different and more fun. The cabin staff seem to have fun with the concept as well.

EVA Air Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Penelope Rae    (UK)

I flew in January 2014 to Bangkok from London. It was a faultless flight, efficient, professional and courteous. Whilst in Thailand I was recalled back to the UK for personal medical reasons. I emailed the Bangkok office together with my medical certificate. Within 24 hours they issued a new ticket for the day I had requested. There was simply a £25 admin fee to pay at the airport. When I arrived at the airport, I was checked in through business check in and given a seat with extra leg room at the very front of economy. Their attitude helped enormously to reduce a very stressful situation.

EVA Air Customer review :  10 February 2014 by M Ainley    (UK)

Flew on EVA 777, LHR to BKK on 17/12/13, Elite class was fair, horrible seats, silly boxes where feet should be, Food: definitely take your own or do not eat. Movies poor. Alcohol very limited. Cabin crew excellent. 20/01/14, BKK to LHR, Economy, poor, seats like sitting on rocks. Food again poor. The only reason for flying with them is the price, they were half the price of Thai.

EVA Air Customer review :  5 February 2014 by David Ma    (USA)

Royal Laurel class, Jan 25, SFO to TPE and Feb 1, TPE to JFK. Excellent seats arranged in 1-2-1 layout. Outstanding flight attendants. They were accommodating, courteous and professional. Lavatories were cleaned after each passenger. Food was adequate. Great wine selection. Will definitely fly them again.

EVA Air Customer review :  3 February 2014 by T Cushion    (UK)

LHR-BKK-LHR. Outward journey was in Economy in Seat 51 D, checked in online and pre-booked my seat. Service was good, food was nice, not much choice regarding movie choice but ok. Unlimited amount of soft drink supplies and snacks if you go to the kitchen during the flight. Return leg was in Elite Class in Seat 23 F, service generally the same as in Economy but the foot space was rather awkward due to the electrical box under the seat in front and the cabin was very warm which spoilt the return leg for me. Also you do get given a bottle of water in Elite Class.

EVA Air Customer review :  31 January 2014 by John Bergin    (UK)

My wife and I travelled to BKK on the 6/7 December, returning on the 26 Jan 2014. We booked into Elite class. On the way out I was unwell and cabin staff found us a place in business class where I could lie down for most of the trip. They were very helpful and looked after me. They even asked how I was when they passed me in arrivals. They were equally supportive on the return trip, though I was well.

EVA Air Customer review :  31 January 2014 by C Booth    (UK)

LHR to BKK return, 8 December, return 20 January. Check-in all smooth and hassle free, departures and arrivals on time, economy seats little hard but get what you pay for. Cabin staff polite and professional, food good and entertainment ok for long haul flight. I have flown EVA on this route 4 or 5 times now and have to say very happy with them and will look to book again if price is right later this year.

EVA Air Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Mary Manners    (UK)

London Heathrow Airport - Koh Samui, 4th January 2014. Bangkok - London Heathrow, 20th January 2014. First time travelling with Eva Air and we were very pleased as all our flights were on time and checking in was fast and efficient. The cabin crew very friendly and efficient and very smartly dressed. The seats in economy class were pretty comfortable and it was great to have individual televisions especially Sky compass. It was the longest flight we've been on and the experience was good.

EVA Air Customer review :  20 January 2014 by I Hunt    (Australia)

Royal Laurel Class, AMS-BKK, Jan 5th. First time with Eva and overall very impressed. Check in was fast and hassle free, although lounge at Amsterdam very basic with no hot food and a 17 Euro charge for a shower, but once boarded impressed with cabin crew and service. Greeted by name, champagne to start and asked when I would like my pre-ordered meal. Read many comments regarding the food but beef tenderloin was delicious and was followed by a terrific dessert platter and port. Seat was best that i had encountered during the last few years, plenty of storage, roomier than Swiss and Thai a380, probably on a par with ANA suite. Slept on the flat bed for a good 5 hours, seat not so good in recline position as feet and lower legs tend to dangle over the end. Decent breakfast. IFE not on a par with Emirates but adequate, screen was large and a good selection of movies. Would use again and highly recommended.

EVA Air Customer review :  17 January 2014 by E Collins    (UK)

Flew Royal Laurel Business Class Bangkok to London LHR. First time on EVA and very impressed overall with the business class product. Comfortable single seat (a real bonus) with plenty of legroom. I had pre-ordered my meals and knew exactly what I was getting so no problems there. The service was very good but I would comment that the crew did not once come round with drinks inflight other than during the meal services. You are given a bottle of water at the start and I suppose that anything else is on request. Most airlines offer a regular supply of water and juices on a long flight. Having said that, if you do ask for a beverage it is no problem. One other minor issue, the main meal service (consisting of 5 courses) was served way too fast The crew were either being too efficient or couldn't wait to wrap up the meal service so they could have a good old chinwag in the galley, perhaps that's why they never came round with any drinks either! Apart from that, the service generally was good and as you would expect and I would certainly consider flying EVA in Business class again.

EVA Air Customer review :  17 January 2014 by D Johnson    (Thailand)

I wasn't sure about this airline when booking, they far exceeded my expectations in just about every category. The Have flown premium economy for the last 15 years and it has gradually gone downhill. The old airplanes were much more comfortable in premium economy but the prices difference has continued to rise. Very simply all I want on a long flight is a leisurely meal and lots of wine and then I go to sleep. Although the crew have 11 hours, dinner is literally thrown at you, no pre dinner drink, this is served with the food - a miserable little glass of wine and refills were non existent, food pretty poor in general. Other airlines do it so much better, recently flew Thai economy and it was great.

EVA Air Customer review :  10 January 2014 by A Acosta    (USA)

I wasn't sure about this airline when booking, they far exceeded my expectations in just about every category. The one area that needs immediate improvement is the quality of the food, or maybe our western taste buds are overmatched by the eastern style menu. In my opinion the food quality was horrible. But in every other category this airline is well above standard. It begins with the crew who hustles at every opportunity and provides an excellent customer service experience. The cleanliness of the aircraft was noticeable, the bathrooms were kept clean and the staff were genuinely friendly. I'd rate these guys as 5 star, easily 5 star. Two last notes, due to the length of their flights I would recommend adding additional video content. And for some reason, on our last leg (TPE-LAX) the a/c was set at an especially cold setting with most passengers resorting to their coats during flight, All other legs (LAX-TPE, TPE-BKK and BKK-TPE) were fine.

EVA Air Customer review :  6 January 2014 by D Tudor    (UK)

I flew out of LHR using premium economy and the return was economy. The premium economy is well worth the extra money although if I did the same configuration again, I'd do economy on way to BKK and Premium Economy on way back as flight back always seems to take so much longer and the economy seats, whilst not terrible, are cramped if you sit next to someone large. Food, in my opinion is awful in economy with Premium Economy no better although I think they serve ice-cream. Alcohol must have a very definitive service policy because I can manage two glasses of red wine in Premium Economy and one small glass in economy. asking for more is met with a "certainly sir" but then they immediately forget. This happens every time, so it must be policy. I'd prefer them to tell me "no" rather than making me wait for nothing. Check-in staff at Bangkok were excellent. I have two small kids and they bent over backwards to help us get them through passport control quickly and easily and we boarded the plane first. I am very impressed with this aspect. Shame London can't come close to offering a similar service. All-in-all, EVA is very good but prices are creeping up so I might be shopping around. Also, the day-time return flight is not good for young kids who are wide awake and fidgeting all the time. An evening flight that they can sleep through is a better option.

EVA Air Customer review :  6 January 2014 by W Babao    (USA)

Flew from LAX to Manila via Taoyuan on 21st Dec, return last Jan 2. First leg left the gate on time, but went back again, reason was unclear. Delayed for an hour, but made half of the time. Service was very good, but the taste of food poor. Taipei - Manila leg in an old 747 but was seated on the elite seats which were great. Arrive Manila on time, bur ground staff informed one of the bags was held up in LAX by TSA, but should arrive next day. They told me they can forward the bag to my final destination in Davao, which they did. Return flight uneventful, all on time no hassles. Aside from the taste of food, this a very good airline.

EVA Air Customer review :  19 December 2013 by D Ford    (UK)

LHR-BKK. This was my first London - Bangkok flight since the new Royal Laurel Class was introduced on this route in August. The new herringbone seat layout is ideal for the solo traveller although I am not so sure it is ideal for families as the centre aisle seats are angled to face away from each other. However I was travelling alone so a window seat was great as the seat is fitted out like your own personal shell. At 180cm tall I had no problem in stretching out on the lay flat beds and the comfort able duvet and pillow enabled a few hours of sleep. As always the cabin crew were excellent and attentive without being intrusive. The flight left 5 minutes early and arrived in Bangkok 20 minutes ahead of schedule. Baggage handling at both ends was simple and efficient. All in all EVA have a great product at a competitive price.

EVA Air Customer review :  5 December 2013 by Sean Kuo    (USA)

Non-stop flight in November from Taipei (TPE) to Paris (CDG) on the Royal Laurel Class. The new lounge at Taipei is renovated with somewhat night club decor and mood lighting. Its spacious, not over crowded and with a lot of food and beverage selections. However, there was long wait for the showers so be aware to allow at least one hour before departure if you wish to take a shower. The new Royal Laurel class is indeed one of the best business class hard products in the industry. The seat is spacious and extremely comfortable. Each seat has direct aisle access and a lot of storage. The pillow and comforter are in good quality. EVA also serves Dom Perignon as pre departure drink which is indeed a plus on already quite impressive hard product. The service was a little disappointing. The crews seemed to be exhausted and just wanted to get things done as soon as possible so in general it lacked the personal touch and interaction with passengers. To be fair, my glass was never empty and crews did come by promptly when I hit the call button. The food was adequate but not fantastic and portions were skimpy. A couple of small things I felt somehow to shadow the whole relatively positive experience. One is the crews retrieved the menus while passengers falling asleep. I felt it was sneaky and to be green in the wrong way. In short, good hard product and adequate food and service. I will be happy to fly EVAs Royal Laurel Class again.

EVA Air Customer review :  25 November 2013 by Brunsma André    (Netherlands)

Flew from AMS-BKK-AMS in November 2013 and booked a seat in the new royal laurel class, the business class of eva airlines. Without any doubt the best business class you can fly from AMS to BKK! Staff were extremely friendly and the food very good. The seat is great, configuration 1-2-1, so if you travel alone you don't have a neighbour. The seat can be put into a very comfortable fully lie flat bed. If you compare the prices, price / quality is also the best choice.

EVA Air Customer review :  18 November 2013 by Will Barnes    (UK)

LHR to BKK return. Both legs were very good. Worth every penny and can not falter anything on the flights.

EVA Air Customer review :  12 November 2013 by John Bauman    (UK)

LHR-BKK-LHR. Checked in on line and used advance seat selection. Not all available seats show and on the return trip was advised at baggage drop that the cabin was full. Managed to swap pre-booked seat for aisle seat at front of cabin. The cabin was in fact less than 50% full. No one next to me and it appeared people travelling on their own had empty seats next to them. Staff very pleasant. Food pretty good and plenty of drink runs throughout the flight. Toilets kept clean on both legs. Departures on time and arrivals early. Very satisfied.

EVA Air Customer review :  10 November 2013 by L Jenn    (USA)

HKG-TPE-JFK, first time using this airline, I was very impressed with their service in general. The Lounge in HKG was nice, the one in Taipei was even nicer. Flight attendants were very attentive and friendly. Excellent food, very comfortable seats. I will definitely use this airline again and recommend it.

EVA Air Customer review :  10 November 2013 by L Nicholson    (USA)

Just completed my 7th round trip from California to Asia on EVA Air. Prices are good for class of service, the schedules keep flight times minimized, and most flights are zero or one stops. Airport staff friendly and helpful, willing to accommodate last minute changes such as seat change or even flight change if running late. I have flown mostly Elite Class, but also Economy and Business, and flight attendants are pleasant, smiling and wanting to make sure you have what you need. In the 14+ hour flight across the Pacific, they serve two meals, but often come around with something to drink or snack on. Until recently, EVA was the only airline to offer the Elite Class with 38" seat spacing and extra width over economy, all for a reasonable cost increase over Economy. Much better than the United Airlines joke of Economy Plus which is maybe 35" and still skinny so you have to try to sleep with your arms tight to your sides! I loved the Business Class lay-flat bed - I slept and had no problem coming home to the 16 hour time change, no jet lag. The only thing negative is the Business Class screen, while a nice 15", it seemed dim, and the resolution of shows was obviously not HD. But I am not complaining (I think I can live without my technology for 12 hours!).

EVA Air Customer review :  4 November 2013 by John Stroobant    (UK)

I flew Business class return LHR to BKK, this was my first experience with this airline and I was very impressed. Although 30 minutes late leaving LHR it was on time on the return. The Business class seating is excellent with plenty of private space, completely flat beds and a warm duvet. The service was perfect on both journeys: helpful, courteous and charming even at the end of 2 long flights. Although the food is not very adventurous, it was good quality and there were western, Thai and Chinese choices. A good drinks service which did not seem to be limited. The latest movies and other entertainment are on an excellent screen. I would highly recommend this airline and will try the economy service on another occasion.

EVA Air Customer review :  29 October 2013 by G C Nock    (UK)

LHR-BKK return in Royal Laurel recently. The fully flat seats are a vast improvement over the previous seats, the inflight entertainment is reasonable. The quality of available drinks was good with Dom Perignon Champagne served and decent quality wines, we pre-ordered our meals and they were satisfactory. Managed to get aprox 7 hours sleep outbound, my only concern is that whilst the seating is comfortable in my opinion the pod style design does not allow much ventilation and therefore I got quite hot.

EVA Air Customer review :  28 October 2013 by A Willis    (Canada)

HK-Toronto via Taipei - Economy. It was my second time taking this route and I am just as impressed as the first time around at how well this airline is run. The seats are great for economy, the food is excellent, cabin crew are top-notch and most important, this airline is by far the most 'on time' airline I've even flown with. We were about 15 minutes late out of the gate in Taipei, but the pilots made up for it by getting us to Toronto an hour and a half early. With the consistent quality, excellent pricing and value, I am still not sure why this airline is still only four star. I normally take the same route with Cathay at almost double the price for a typically terrible customer experience. The Asia - N. America carrier scene is getting shook up by EVA and there should be more attention paid to it. Well done!

EVA Air Customer review :  21 October 2013 by David Read    (UK)

I like to fly elite class whenever I go to BKK from London, as it's a long flight and the extra legroom and bigger seat is well worth the extra money. My only gripe is the small snack on the return to London which takes forever and seems even longer as it's a mid day take off, could do with a bit more than a small meat roll in what must've been ten hours between meals.

EVA Air Customer review :  17 October 2013 by P West    (USA)

Business class from JFK to Osaka Japan, via Taipei. The trip was as good as it can get for a 15-20 hour flying time. Superb staff and service. Comfortable seating with the large TV and lie flat seats. (I'm 6ft 3). Managed 7 hours of sleep. Would definitely use again.

EVA Air Customer review :  2 October 2013 by C Braybrooke    (Australia)

Travelled business class Osaka to Taipei on an A330. Excellent service with comfortable and spacious cabin. Staff were attentive and food was plentiful and well presented. Seat was comfortable although TV screen was small. This airline is as good as other major Asian airlines and Taipei was easy to transit through.

EVA Air Customer review :  19 September 2013 by Neil Osrin    (Thailand)

My second trip with EVA this year direct from BKK-LHR on 777ER and pleased they have joined star alliance network. I bought a promo fare from travel agent and checked in online easily. At the airport the check-in opened on time and the staff helpful and changed my seat without any fuss. The boarding was swift, plane clean and seats comfortable with good legroom. There were firm pillows and fluffy blankets but no amenity kits. After take off nice snacks and drinks were served (with no ice). Lunch was a choice of pork steak or chicken. I tried both and chicken was better. It was served with a container of fresh fruit, small cake and small mixed salad and dressing and warm bread roll and butter. The food was adequate but not that interesting and the mash with the pork steak was particularly bad. After lunch an assortment of low quality crackers/cookies were put in the galley. Later chicken rolls were served and then at the end of the flight another hot meal and I thought the fried rice was tasty. The PTV had a good movie selection and sound. The service was great and I found all the crew to be polite and humble and efficient and they maintained the bathrooms very well. Besides the food quality being a little 'cheap' I really could not fault this economy flight or this airline at all - they are now my carrier of choice.

EVA Air Customer review :  18 September 2013 by A Bor    (France)

Paris-CDG to Taipei Taoyuan airport. My global impression of this flight is good. Cabin crew friendly and very professional. Service was efficient. Inflight entertainment quite good. However, there were some bad points. The meal was very poor (just the main course with appetizer and desert, but no salt no pepper, and other things like in other airlines) and incredibly tasteless. Plus, our flight had suffered from 2 hours of delay due to airplane problem. The problem was not the delay (it may happen sometimes) as we were provided food and water, but the airport staff had apparently forgotten to tell me about the delay, so I discovered it a little bit late! Yet the delay had been scheduled hours before departure. However my impression is that EVA Air is a good airline, with a good cabin crew.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |