EVA Air Passenger Reviews and EVA Air Customer Trip Reports

EVA Air Customer review :  2 August 2012 by G James    (UK)

Wonderful cabin crew. Very kind when I got on in a bit of a mess having run halfway across Taipei airport to catch the Brisbane connection due to a late arrival. Am fussy about my food but ate enough of what was provided not to feel hungry. AA lounge in Heathrow very disappointing - they do not cater for passengers of late flights, shutting at 9 pm. Qantas at Brisbane by contract was wonderful as was Evergreen at Taipei. Seats were comfortable for sleeping even though not flat bed. Would definitely fly them again although the 5 hour stopover at Taiwan was a bit too long! LHR to BNE via Bangkok and Taiwan.

EVA Air Customer review :  27 July 2012 by Julie Guile    (UK)

We used Eva Elite Class 2 weeks ago from LHR-BKK for our honeymoon to Thailand and they were fantastic. My husband has a bad nut allergy and they couldn't have been more helpful with meals to suit. Service was well presented. On our return we experienced an unexpected area of bad turbulence and with me being a terrible flyer got a little upset, the stewardess calmed me down and kept a close eye on me. After an hour the captain came and introduced himself explaining the reason for the 'bumpy air'. A lovely touch for a nervous flyer.

EVA Air Customer review :  17 July 2012 by A Thurstance    (UK)

LHR-TPE-LHR. Very comfortable, wide seats - best I've encountered in economy class. Flights both ways were on schedule. Crew were friendly and helpful. Food offered was good quality and there was plenty of it. Soft drinks were readily available as was wine and beer with the meals. Overall, very impressed with EVA and will use them again.

EVA Air Customer review :  5 July 2012 by William McKinlay    (UK)

LHR- BKK return. I didn't care much for the in flight catering but there was nothing else I would criticise. I'm using the airline again later this year but I may take some sandwiches! Terminal 3 at Heathrow is still in need of some improvement.

EVA Air Customer review :  22 June 2012 by A J Cushion    (UK)

LHR-BKK-LHR. I've used Eva for approx 10 years, the inflight service has always been ok. The IFE System is ok, nothing compared to Etihad or Singapore. The reclining seats in Elite are very good. The food though was the worst I've ever had on a flight. I had seat 23C on both trips. There was water, orange and apple juice available throughout the flight, with sandwiches and nuts brought around the once. Midway on the flight I strolled to the back of the plane to have a stretch. For the price I would always recommend Elite Class.

EVA Air Customer review :  19 June 2012 by R Welgraven    (Netherlands)

Last month I flew, AMS-BKK-AMS on EVA. On my way to BKK the cabin crew appeared to be very tired. They were not friendly and even rude to a fellow passenger. I bought Elite-class tickets but in my experience I did not get Elite-class service. My flight BKK-AMS was better. The cabin staff were not as tired but not friendly either. They don't make real contact with the passengers on board and just ask the most essential questions like pork or chicken. Don't know if this is a lack of not speaking well-enough English or they are just not interested. For me EVA-air is not a 4 star airline.

EVA Air Customer review :  14 June 2012 by Mike Villanueva    (USA)

SEA-TPE-BKK - Elite Class. The additional money you pay for Elite Class is worth the less cramped cabin and comfortable seat. Seats on 747-400 in Elite Class have been replaced with the same seats used on the 777 allowing for you to recline slightly and raise your feet. I found it comfortable and was able to sleep. IFE had numerous movies and music. Meals were advertised on a menu card. Amount was enough to keep me full and they offer snacks if you ask for it such as instant noodles. Alcohol is served if requested but not offered as readily as done on domestic US flights. Flight attendants speak English quite well. For the TPE-BKK segment there were attendants that spoke Thai and Thai newspapers are offered as well. On SEA-TPE segment a comfort kit is provided. Bathrooms are kept clean and well stocked. Flight attendants were polite, friendly and helpful. I would recommend this airline to Thailand or Taiwan if flying Elite Class.

EVA Air Customer review :  11 June 2012 by Kiki Muchtar    (Indonesia)

Good service (very attentive and friendly flight attendants); so-so food. From CGK to TPE, passenger could choose a wider economy seat (located in the front of the plane), which is very comfortable. Standard economy seat is not bad, though. Entertainment channels for long-haul flight (i.e. TPE-LAX) is better than the short one. Restroom is clean most of the time.

EVA Air Customer review :  28 May 2012 by Denis Desautels    (Canada)

Travelled from Vancouver to Singapore with a stop over in Taipei. The level of service at the airports and onboard was above expectations. The seats were very comfortable and the meals above average. Ultimately a 12 hours flight that did not seem so long, with a great connection. Both segments left on time and arrived early. EVA Air tops our list for travel to Asia.

EVA Air Customer review :  9 May 2012 by D Ford    (UK)

LHR-BKK-LHR. As Premier Laurel was fully booked and I had to stick to a schedule for meetings I opted for Premium Economy. I use an iPad for movies so did not use the IFE system but everyone else seemed to be enjoying it, also I did not eat on either of the flights but drinks were plentiful and the Cabin Staff excellent in frequent drink and snack runs. My only complaint about the flights was that the A/C in the cabin was turned down so low that a lot of people were complaining about the cold. This does seem to be a money saving move by many airline nowadays but there are limits as to how much cold you should expect passengers to endure on a 12-13 hour flight. Had the A/C been set to a more comfortable level my rating would have been higher.

EVA Air Customer review :  9 May 2012 by K Chen    (Canada)

TPE-NRT on a brand-new A330-300, which happens to be one of the Hello Kitty jets. From boarding to deboarding, there was not a dull moment. Everything is branded with Hello Kitty, from the luggage tags to the boarding pass, to the pillows, cutlery and the safety instruction card. Even the toilet paper has Hello Kitty on it! Flight attendants wear pink Hello Kitty ribbons and accessories. Staff are professional and friendly responding quickly to your needs. When I asked for a second meal, I got it within a minute! The food is good quality and good portion. The seats are comfortable, with adequate leg room. Seats are arranged 2-4-2. I didn't watch any movies or listen to music, but the flight tracking system is the best I've seen. Overall, an excellent and very fun flight experience, as the airline really put the excitement back into flying with this Hello Kitty marketing campaign!

EVA Air Customer review :  3 May 2012 by Bruce Curry    (UK)

LHR to Brisbane return. A great experience, at a very good price. The food, wine and service were excellent. The seats were very comfortable. Although they can't be made fully flat, we had plenty of sleep. You can adjust them easily to get a comfortable position. I agree with other reviewers about the AA lounge at Heathrow Terminal 3, although the staff were not surly as had been suggested. EVA lounges at BKK and Taipei are good, as is the Qantas lounge at Brisbane.

EVA Air Customer review :  2 May 2012 by R Galoubet    (UK)

LHR-BKK-LHR. Service has been improving over the years although this time I had a prolonged and embarrassing argument with check-in staff about overweight cabin baggage. I'm a vegan and have suffered from the dreadful Chinese veggie dishes they used to serve up. But recently, the food has greatly improved with non Chinese vegan dishes and huge helpings of fresh fruit. Excellent espresso coffee. Cabin staff pretty faultless. Boeing 777-300ER is an excellent plane. The big seats are fine for sitting and relaxing. My only gripe is with the fixed distance video screen which inconveniently lies mid-way between the focus of my distance and reading glasses so the films are always a bit blurred! I like EVA's BKK-LHR schedule which leaves around 1pm. Much better than BA, Qantas and Thai that leave in the middle of the night.

EVA Air Customer review :  16 April 2012 by Paul Kennington    (UK)

LHR-BKK return. The 777-300 in economy the experience was comfortable, and indeed professional, but it still lacked what we have come to expect from decent scheduled carriers. Cabin staff were efficient, but the lack of little extras made the trip frustrating. No hot towels, no pre-meal drinks service, no menu card to choose from, great difficulty in getting alcoholic drinks during the flight, (impossible on the return flight despite repeatedly asking). They will have to up their game before we will consider booking them again.

EVA Air Customer review :  15 April 2012 by R Oussalah    (Taiwan)

B777 Business Class CDG-TPE-CDG. Check-in a little messy with only 1 counter for Laurel Premium Class at Paris airport. Boarding smooth. Flight attendants very pleasant throughout. The seats although can't recline flat are very comfortable. 2-2-2 configuration, so very different from European airlines with 2-3-2 in business. Food was ok, nothing special. IFE is decent and in line with industry standards.

EVA Air Customer review :  15 April 2012 by Steve Dennis    (UK)

LHR-BKK-LHR. Have flown most carriers on this route, and EVA is overall pretty good. IFE system (in premium economy anyway) has now had a very significant upgrade and is much better, Overall the 2 flights were good value for money, but unlike the "old days" when the airline was young, there was nothing outstanding to praise. I will fly again if the ticket prices stay reasonable.

EVA Air Customer review :  12 April 2012 by J Matthews    (Ireland)

HKG-TPE return economy. Excellent flight on both legs. Very generous legroom, clean aircraft and modern facilities including personalised inflight entertainment. Efficient service with meals provided. Food was bland but that is the only criticism.

EVA Air Customer review :  12 April 2012 by C Green    (UK)

My wife and I have travelled on most of the long haul carriers when we fly to the Far East. We booked Premium Economy, I have got to say we were very disappointed with the little things that we have grown accustomed to when flying long haul. Passengers were not given a hot/cold towel when settling down, there was no Menu and the choice had to be made when the trolley arrived. There was not an offer of a drink throughout the flight, except with the meal and that was only wine. We will be looking at another airline next year.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |