EVA Air Passenger Reviews and EVA Air Customer Trip Reports

EVA Air Customer review :  15 May 2013 by G Palmer    (UK)

Flew Elite (premium economy), LHR-BKK-LHR in April, returning May. Done this trip a few times and always happy with Eva's Elite cabin. Comfortable seat, decent food and service, great IFE choices. Some slight wear-and-tear evident - In-seat USB didn't work on either journey (for charging or I assume, screen use), outbound the leg rest button didn't work and it had to be manually extended.

EVA Air Customer review :  11 May 2013 by Neil Osrin    (Thailand)

First time with EVA. BKK-LHR. The BKK check-in was professional and the boarding quick and organised. Immediately after take off drinks were served from a tray with a bag of snacks. Drinks were a little warm and had no ice. Lunch was then served and trays cleared quickly. The food was poor and the selections unimaginative and pork was fatty. During the flight sandwiches and snacks were served which were tasty. The final meal was served just before landing and was not great. Seats were very comfortable and leg room generous. The blankets were small and made from quite a hard material. The crew were very pleasant, efficient and professional. Toilets were well stocked and immaculately maintained throughout the flight. The PTV had good sound and screens but the movie selection could be improved. Overall very impressed with EVA and would book with them again.

EVA Air Customer review :  5 May 2013 by C Hazelford    (Taiwan)

The food and service was outstanding, staff delightful and polite. I think EVA's service is their strong point. Their weak point would be their seats which could double as a chiropractic device from the Middle Ages. As a 6" tall man, in the seated position, the seat was perfect. However putting the seat into sleep mode brought the dreaded "night slips" where one has the sensation of sliding down the seat. To compensate for this rather unpleasant sensation, the cradle position of the seat is much more comfortable. The toilets were spotless. Taipei to Toronto the staff were exceptional.

EVA Air Customer review :  2 May 2013 by L Ling    (USA)

Took a round trip from Seattle to Kuala Lumpur recently. My major complaint is with the seat - it is pretty uncomfortable especially on the 747 due to lack of cushions. The flight attendants are friendly and helpful. Overall, quite happy with the service provided - would fly again on EVA if unable to find a better price on flight. Will pay slightly more for a more comfortable seat.

EVA Air Customer review :  17 April 2013 by Steve Green    (UK)

I have just returned from holiday in Thailand flying with EVA Air for the first time and was very impressed with them. When we first boarded the plane at Heathrow we thought how clean and tidy the plane was. We flew economy class which I was slightly concerned about due to having a 13 hour flight and being 6 ft 4 tall, but were very pleased with the amount of legroom and the comfort of the seats. The cabin crew were very professional, polite and helpful. The meals served were of a very high standard, and the inflight entertainment was very good. Will definitely be using them again.

EVA Air Customer review :  4 April 2013 by Paul Cremin    (UK)

Flew LHR-BKK-LHR in Premium Economy with 1 suitcase and 1 set of golf clubs on a golfing holiday. Left LHR and everything was fine. On my return they decided that, with my golf clubs, I was 10kgs over my baggage allowance and wanted to charge me $450 excess baggage. My ticket cost almost 1000 for an upgraded economy seat so I wasn't prepared to pay anymore. My clubs are still in Bangkok! EVA airline both in BKK and at the offices in London are like robots. I would rather walk to Bangkok carrying golf clubs on my back than fly with EVA again.

EVA Air Customer review :  2 April 2013 by Karen Lowe    (Canada)

YVR-TPE-YVR, Elite cabin (747-400). Seat was very comfortable with good recline and footrest. Good pitch. Service for YVR-TPE was excellent with good attendants and drink runs every hour virtually on the hour. TPE- YVR service was less personal with fewer drink runs, but still far better than most North American airlines. AVOD responsive with good selection of movies, TV shows and others. Pillow and blanket offered, and slippers with amenities kit. Where they faltered was the catering, food was plentiful for me but definitely on the bland side. Elite seats are worth the money for 10 hour plus long-haul. I walked to the back to check out the economy seats and they frankly looked a bit horrifying - narrow with 3-4-3 layout and seemed a bit thinly padded. Ground crew at both YVR and TPE efficient and polite. I would gladly fly EVA Air Elite again.

EVA Air Customer review :  2 April 2013 by Janet Stimpson    (UK)

Flew premium economy for the first time as we usually just go economy. Was very impressed. Food was very good and the inflight entertainment was also good. Have been flying EVA since 2005, I like that it is a direct flight from Heathrow to Bangkok. Cabin staff always smiling and polite. Have never had any problems. Will definitely fly premium economy again.

EVA Air Customer review :  2 April 2013 by P Woodward    (UK)

Return flight from LHR to BKK. Travelled in economy class, and boy did we feel that we were in economy. They were on an economy drive with drinks, when you asked for one you were offered water and then it was only max 100ml, 5 hours into the flight and we had been offered only 2 small drinks. The food, was just indescribably bad! For a 12 hour flight the seat comfort has not been taken into consideration although the leg room is adequate. Like other reviewers we found the staff to be rude and the announcements to be inaudible. All in all a very uncomfortable and unpleasant 12.5 hours.

EVA Air Customer review :  19 March 2013 by W Hughes    (UK)

London To Bangkok (Premium Economy) March 2nd, returning 16th. On time going out, 30 mins late on return but made up time so arrived back into London pretty much on time. Efficient and easy check-in at both ends. Airy and spacious cabin, ample space and legroom, though could have done with a foot rest as the calf support didn't reach as far as your feet. Staff very pleasant on both flights and food and drink excellent and plentiful (particularly on the return flight) with plenty of juice and water runs. Couldn't fault the in-flight entertainment with so many recent films also good documentaries and travel items. We were offered assistance in reaching our homeward connecting flight before disembarking and our baggage had been tagged priority so it reached out connecting flight without problem. Would recommend EVA Premium Economy and would definitely fly with them again.

EVA Air Customer review :  19 March 2013 by K Barrance    (UK)

Very good flights LHR-BKK and return during March. Crew were efficient and pleasant and the comfort of the seats and the entertainment was excellent with good choice of up to the minute films and some interesting TV programmes. The only thing that lets EVA down is the food. Not sure how they dream up the meals but they really could do with some improvement.

EVA Air Customer review :  14 March 2013 by G Roberts    (USA)

Taipei-Toronto return in business. Both flights on time. Overall good experience. Newly remodelled Taipei lounge looks like a Vegas cocktail bar from the 80s. They use the KLM lounge in Toronto, which has seen better days. EVA is still using the older business class on this flight.

EVA Air Customer review :  5 March 2013 by Paul Bennett    (UK)

LHR-BKK. Depart 28/02/13, BKK-LHR, Return 04/03/13. Very impressed with both flights and the food was of the highest quality. The only down side is the non flat beds which makes it difficult to sleep. I was told on the flight that they will be replacing all seats by August 2013 to flat beds for the LHR-BKK route. We will be using EVA air again for my trips to Bangkok.

EVA Air Customer review :  4 March 2013 by D Tobin    (UK)

I have flown EVA Air before and found their Premium Economy pretty good. However, my most recent experience with them was poor and I found the customer service upon my return very bad. I was on a BKK-LHR flight. About 2 hours into the flight, my screen and those of people around me went blank without explanation. After restarting my movie, it happened 2 more times until it stopped working altogether. I asked a member of cabin crew who shrugged her shoulders and said there was nothing she could do. So for the remainder of my 12 hour flight I sat and twiddled my thumbs. The food was awful consisting of an omelette for one meal and noodles for another. Neither looked very appetising. I see from the other comments on here that many customers have commented on the poor food quality. One alcoholic drink was offered throughout the flight. The cabin announcements were inaudible which must be a health and safety issue? Finding a way to complain is difficult. I won't fly with them again if I can help it.

EVA Air Customer review :  25 February 2013 by G Richardson    (UK)

My scheduled flight with KLM was cancelled due to snow in January and my connecting flight AMS-BKK was assigned to EVA Air. I was impressed how organised embankment was. Onboard our Economy Plus seats were like business class alike. I got a little toiletry bag with toothbrush, moisturiser and face wash. Slippers were a nice touch to get shoes off. Leg room was excellent, I could completely stretch my legs, and I'm about 6 feet. Food was delicious, plenty of drinks. Next time I'm flying to Far East I'm flying with Eva Air.

EVA Air Customer review :  25 February 2013 by Terence J O'Neill    (UK)

London To Bangkok (economy) Feb 8th, returning 22nd. Good staff at both ends booking in was efficient and seamless. The e-ticket is very helpful as you have no worries about loosing your boarding cards. The plane was clean and airy. The seats were soft and spacious, leg room was not an issue for me (I am 6ft). The AVOD was crammed with good movies, music and games. Staff well turned out, helpful and they were always smiling. Drinks were available at all times, with juice and water runs made regularly. My only issue was the food. I had chicken and rice on both legs and it was poor both times. The deserts were very good, better then many other airlines I have flown with.

EVA Air Customer review :  18 February 2013 by D B Breen    (USA)

Economy Class SEA-MNL. I am frequent flier with EVA and have just about come to a point where I do not want to use them anymore. The food on this trip was very poor, in 2 instances I could not eat more 20% of the meal because it was such an odd taste. Seat comfort is actually pretty decent for economy class - I give EVA a better grade for that but service has really been on the decline the last couple of times I have used them. In Manila you can expect to stand in line for a minimum of 1 hour to check in. In cabin service is poor - the last 2 times flying with them I found the staff to be rude and abrasive. Not sure I will use EVA again.

EVA Air Customer review :  8 February 2013 by W MacCormac    (UK)

Flew the first time with EVA between LHR- BKK. Good points, direct, nice B777, very comfortable flight (much better than A346) easy night flight outbound and evening return into LHR is also good. Space in economy bearable. Stewardesses good even if smile appears fake. Bad point is food / ordering snack and drinks. Breakfast, sausage look like made of cardboard and taste like cardboard. Drinks, EVA are very tight! Try and order any alcohol other than the cheap wine during meal and they write it down like its a special order and you wait 10 minutes for a little plastic cup.

EVA Air Customer review :  6 February 2013 by D Bokr    (Germany)

Premium Laurel Class from AMS to BKK. B777-300. Evening departure. Before departing, water or orange juice offered. Champagne only served with the dinner service. Food ex AMS very bland. Spicy seafood dish that I pre-ordered online was nothing but spicy and no sauce to go with the steamed rice. Dinner service seemed very rushed. Pre-dinner drinks not offered. A bottle of water was passed out to each customer and then the crew appeared again only in time to serve breakfast 2 hours before landing. AVOD systems was good with ample videos and audio programmes. No chance of sleeping on these seats. They are not fully lie-flat. You keep slipping down despite being given a comfort pillow which you place under your legs. It did not help. The duvet and pillow were of good quality. Toilets were kept spotless throughout the flight. On arrival into BKK our Priority baggage arrived first at baggage claim. The return flight was an afternoon flight. The crew didn't seem as rushed and were much friendlier. Again, same aircraft type, same seats. Catering out of BKK was just as disappointing. The salad consisted of a few large leaves and a few tomatoes. Although I love salad, this just wasn't appetizing. Again, the main entree, very bland. Wines OK. The best plate is dessert. It consisted of 2 small cakes, raspberry ice cream, a cheese plate and crackers and a nice selection of fruit. Coffee was brewed individually for each guest. The onboard bar in this class was not stocked, so you could not go and help yourself to refreshments or snacks as their website advertises. At both stations it was an on time departure and arrival. I can recommend EVA since they had a very competitive fare ex AMS. However they should give their catering and seat comfort issues some thought.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |