Etihad Airways Passenger Reviews and Etihad Airways Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Etihad Airways Passenger Reviews and Etihad Airways customer trip Reports

Etihad Airways Customer review :  23 September 2013 by G Drew    (Australia)

Traveled with my wife from Abu Dhabi to Sydney in June. Seats were so close together it was impossible to stretch legs in any way, easily the worst we have encountered. Cabin service was almost non existent and food was well below average. Etihad ground staff in Abu Dhabi were rude and very unprofessional. We will never consider Etihad for any future flights.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  20 September 2013 by P Seaton    (UAE)

13-16 Sep 2013,  EY421 Abu Dhabi to Dublin, EY 42 Dublin to Abu Dhabi. My two flights can only be described as the worst flying experiences I have had to date. Aircraft was an old A330 with a "brown" interior and the tightest long haul seating configuration I can recall. Service on board varied from dated to simply rude and unhelpful. Special meals booked in advance did not arrive and no alternates offered. However all of this was minor in comparison to the purser on the return leg who was rude to the point of being intimidating. Inflight entertainment system was old but would have been better if it had actually functioned. Recommend you eat well before the flight and take a book for entertainment if you have to travel with this airline.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  19 September 2013 by A Sargeant    (Australia)

Moscow - Abu Dhabi - Bangkok. A good trip although check in staff member seemed not to speak English. Flight was a little late leaving Moscow and arriving in Abu Dhabi which made the transit a little stressful as it was not clear that I and my luggage would make the second flight. Cabin staff were friendly and attentive but no one spoke Russian on the Moscow - Abu Dhabi sector. Food and wine were good but the service a little slow especially on the Abu Dhabi sector where I was trying to get a reasonable amount of sleep. Both planes were good and clean and with seats being fully flat beds were restful and spacious. The IFE was good on both planes and we were permitted to use the IFE until we had landed. The airport in Abu Dhabi was undergoing extension/renovation and a bus was used to transport passengers to the terminal. The lateness in arrival meant that the plane was about to board so it was not possible to eat in the lounge and then only sleep on the second flight. Here supper, rather than dinner was late being served so valuable sleep time was lost. Bag did make the second flight but it was one of the last off the plane in Bangkok so received zero priority!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  18 September 2013 by Amir Tariq    (Pakistan)

26th June, was going to Washington from Lahore. Lahore - Abu Dhabi was fine, Abu Dhabi - Washington was good though seats were small, there was no room to stretch legs on such a long flight of 15 hours. Flight was on time. The staff were friendly from Abu Dhabi to Washington. Service was really good but the food was pathetic on both flights. Staff were bad coming from Washington to Abu Dhabi. They weren't listening to bells and were taking too much long to bring even water. Overall it was a good experience.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 September 2013 by A Bartlett    (Thailand)

I flew from Manchester UK to Bangkok via Abu Dhabi on 18/19 Aug 2013. Worst flight I have had since I travelled Kenya airlines in the eighties! From Manchester seating was very uncomfortable. The flight to Bangkok was turned around as we taxied for take-off to decant two passengers who were headed for Jeddah not Bangkok! Delayed one and a half hours.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  13 September 2013 by Lee Pattison    (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Bangkok through Abu Dhabi. Everything was excellent from the chauffeur service to the Spa in the business lounge in Abu Dhabi. I have flown with many of the worlds airlines in business class, this was far superior. The food was excellent, the seat / bed was extremely comfy, the staff and service could not have been faulted. I am flying again to Sydney at the end of October, and am looking forward to the trip as the flight can be part of your holiday, rather than just the drag at the beginning and end. I would highly recommend Etihad, as farms I am in Club world layering the year to LA, and know its going to be a let down in comparison.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  12 September 2013 by David O'Neil    (Australia)

29/7/13, EY 455, Sydney - Abu Dhabi. 30/7/13, EY 19, Abu Dhabi - Heathrow. 20/8/13, EY 2, Frankfurt - Abu Dhabi. 20/8/13, EY 454, Abu Dhabi - Sydney. I had the pleasure of travelling a combination of business and first class to and from Australia. The staff were exceptional, making sure all requirements were attended to without intruding. A very pleasant experience.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  12 September 2013 by Dean Huddlestone    (Australia)

Its all about the crew, SYD-AUH-LHR, EY455 - friendly efficient crew -long haul 14 hours to AUH and delayed out of SYD by an hour due to missing PAX. Good flight, seat 35H. But this flight EY19 to LHR is like 'chalk and cheese' with a very unfriendly crew, running out of food and disinterested in passengers, why do the job?

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 September 2013 by C Egan    (Australia)

Very disappointed, seats in economy uncomfortable, very little leg room, worse when the passenger in front reclines their seat. On our flight FA forgot to serve meal to our row, almost 3 hours and only provided with a small cup of water during this time (a 14 hour flight). Service was poor on all 4 flights on journey to UK from Sydney. On one of the legs of this travel, FA advised they had only vegetarian meals available, on next leg of trip the inflight entertainment system failed on the majority of passengers. Generally not a good experience.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 September 2013 by Liz Martin    (Australia)

My Husband, daughter (20 mths) and I recently flew to Dublin via Abu Dhabi from Sydney on August 2nd 2013. It was the worst flight we have ever encountered! Our seats were very uncomfortable, very little leg room! We had to request a safety belt for my daughter just before takeoff as we were taxing down the runway! No cabin staff checked if I was familiar with the procedure of applying this belt or indeed if I had applied it correctly . Only infant food available no alternative offered despite requesting alternative toddler food. My Toddler had no food except what I brought onboard. Cabin staff were rude and definitely not child friendly! Hot food was just put down despite having a toddler on my knees! Inflight entertainment was very poor. My flight from Abu Dhabi to Dublin improved in terms of more efficient customer focused cabin staff but otherwise very disappointing overall experience.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  9 September 2013 by Chris Markovic    (Australia)

Melbourne to Belgrade, 17/07/13. MEL-AUH-BEG. Upgraded a few days before trip. The seat was exceptional as usual and the service was spot on. On flight from Melbourne to Abu Dhabi we were able to use onboard internet. Only downside is the Business class lounge at AUH which is a bit small. I will fly them again next June.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  6 September 2013 by Burg Antoine    (Luxembourg)

FRA-AUH-CMB on 27 July. First the flight was delayed from 11.15-15.00. Then told that we would get a new connection FRA-AUH-DOH-CMB. Spent more than 11 hours waiting in Abu Dhabi. They couldn't book us on the Doha flight as our baggage was lost. They booked us on a Male flight. In Frankfurt they promised us a hotel room in Abu Dhabi - it wasn't the case. Baggage arrived 2 days later. It was the worst flight we have had and will never fly again with them.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  3 September 2013 by E Fleming    (Australia)

Booked a return flight from Australia to England. I was on crutches and informed the airline that my surgeon had requested that I needed to keep my foot elevated during the flight. The airline assured me that there would be no problems and that I would be able to sit in the baby section which had more leg room. When we arrived at the airport and checked in I found out that I did not have the extra leg room. I got on the plane and spent the next 14 hours with my leg up on the food table which was extremely uncomfortable. While on the plane the hostess also had to take away my crutches so they were out of the way of other passengers. At other times within the flight I pressed my buzzer to call the flight attendant over and I was completely ignored. This was the worst experience I have encountered.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  2 September 2013 by Robert Cruickshank    (Australia)

My wife and I travelled to Frankfurt in early June with a wonderful 2 day stopover at the Jumeirah Hotel in the Etihad Towers, Abu Dhabi. The service, comfort and overall experience was better than other first class airlines including Emirates, Qantas and British Airways. I would recommend Etihad to any first class traveller. Our return flights in late August 2013 were just as memorable as was the 3 day stay in the Etihad Towers.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  30 August 2013 by M H Bergman    (UK)

As a regular Etihad flyer (UK - Australia return every 3/4 months), I have to say the service quality is slipping below an acceptable standard. All their efforts are spent on their first or business clients, so if you are going economy, you can only expect the bare minimum of customer care and comfort. The entertainment system is very good, but lost baggage, seat comfort, pre-assigning seats and being able to easily contact a helpful customer service when things do not go to plan, are also part of the service I consider myself to be paying for and Etihad do not deliver on these points. Also they code share with airlines that are well below Etihad's standard, its very disappointing to believe you are paying extra for a good airline, only to find you've been code shared onto a second rate partner airline.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  30 August 2013 by Nabil Al Atassi    (UAE)

Abu Dhabi - Bangkok- Abu Dhabi. B777-300ER, 3x4x3 configuration. Slow check in both ways, delayed take off both legs (2.5 & 1 hr). Traveled economy class, food quality and choice very good, average services, seats not comfortable.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  28 August 2013 by Alexander Fairbairn    (UAE)

LHR-AUH, EY020, 24th August 2013. Even though the flight was delayed by at least half an hour, as soon as we took off everything was fine. The seat was exceptional as usual and the service was spot on. The food choice wasn't as exquisite as normal but still satisfactory. The IFE was up to date and of good quality. All in all a fantastic flight.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  27 August 2013 by Recalcati Cesare    (Italy)

Milan-Abu Dhabi-Kuala Lumpur and return. A330/200 from Milan to Abu Dhabi and return, and B777/300 for the other legs. Aircraft's in good condition and clean, cabin crew very polite and friendly, food and IFE good. In general I'm satisfied of this my first experience with Etihad. The only thing they must improve is the 32" legroom: for intercontinental flights is a bit cramped and it's hard to sleep.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  27 August 2013 by J Cayzer    (Germany)

TXL-DUS-AUH-HYD, first leg with Air Berlin, DUS-AUH-HYD with Etihad. Both Etihad flights were excellent, comparable service to Qatar and Emirates really. FA's extremely courteous and attentive for both legs, excellent IFE and seemingly very well executed landings. Only gripe is the rather inefficient process of attaining boarding passes due to the code share with Air Berlin. At first, Air Berlin staff informed me something was strange about my booking and they could only check me in as far as Dusseldorf, after making me wait 15 minutes they then told me they could check me in as far as Abu Dhabi. Upon arrival in Abu Dhabi had to line up again to get my boarding pass for onward flight to Hyderabad. Surely it should be possible to check passengers and their luggage through to the final destination from the point of first departure. I didn't understand the logic in that. Overall only added an extra 30-45 minutes of effort to overall flight experience though, so not that bad. Would definitely recommend Etihad to anyone considering it.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax