Etihad Airways Passenger Reviews and Etihad Airways Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Etihad Airways Passenger Reviews and Etihad Airways customer trip Reports

Etihad Airways Customer review :  15 November 2013 by A Porter    (Singapore)

A330-200, SIN-BNE. Not a pleasant experience. Plane interior looked dated, seat was very uncomfortable and leg room was extremely tight. I would have thought this pitch suitable for a short haul route but not long haul. Entertainment was so-so, better than some but not up to their competitors standard. Snack after take off was adequate given the time of departure (chicken wrap or pumpkin and fetta), I was just given one and had no idea which it was until biting into it, but took a very long time for anything to be served or offered. Breakfast was quite decent although served extremely early before arrival. Service took a long time to complete due to only one crew operating my side of the cabin. There seemed to be a distinct lack of crew throughout the economy cabin. Nothing else was offered between services. Blanket and pillow were good as was amenity pack. What lacks was the seat comfort. Crew were polite and seemed to work hard to compensate for the lack of comfort.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  14 November 2013 by P Collins    (UK)

LHR-AUH-KUL, first flight very good because aircraft only half full and plane pretty new. Service efficient and food quite nice in this flight. 2nd leg on older plane, more cramped and plane crowded. Staff efficient but less nice. Funny to watch censored version of movies but system was quite good. Better than American carriers, not as good as SIA. Emigrating so 30kg better than standard 23kg, will be flying soon as far as Brisbane.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  12 November 2013 by D Gee    (New Zealand)

Flew Economy recently as part of a Virgin Australia fare, Etihad covered the Sydney-Abu Dhabi-London leg on the way to England, thankfully just the London-Abu Dhabi segment on the way back. Awful flights, would avoid booking with otherwise great Virgin again if we're forced to use Etihad Airways, their "code share partner". Very cramped and uncomfortable seats with a lack of legroom for tall people like me. Had a full flight, very stuffy and noisy mix of rude passengers. Cabin crew tried but seemed tired and understaffed. Food was good, Entertainment system was okay, but a more limited selection than Air NZ and other airlines flown between Australia and Europe before. Stopover in Abu Dhabi was terrible on way to London, huge lines and delays in overcrowded stuffy terminals to go through passport checks (twice), ground crew were rude. Inflight ads kept going on about how the airline had been named best airline for the umpteenth year running ? Cannot understand why, will do best to avoid at all costs in the future.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  12 November 2013 by Ranjee Bhatt    (India)

I found the seat cushion lose from the seat frame, it was floating all the time in flight. Only one meal was served between Toronto and Abu Dhabi, with a sandwich in a paper bag at the destination. The crew is rude. No water provided for two and half hours as they were busy. At T 3 Abu Dhabi we were herded like cattle before security after arrival for transfer. No rest rooms near departure waiting areas.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 November 2013 by Paul Caunter    (Thailand)

BKK-GVA & LON-BKK. I have flown Etihad many times since they first started up and they are getting worse. The price of their business class tickets are now the same as airlines that fly direct. It was worth flying them when they offered a cheaper fare but not worth it now for the following reasons. Lounges both in Abu Dhabi and London a disgrace crowded with useless staff. A new policy that you only get 2 limo transfers per trip I am gold but the person traveling me was not. Bangkok refused to confirm if my travel companion could travel with me on the London transfer. It took 4 phone calls in London to get it sorted. Menu choice is now boring. Entertainment system is full of old movies. The seats on the BKK to AUH sector are old. This airline keeps stating its the best - does its management fly other carriers. The management should also try calling its offices in Bangkok and London and have to wait forever to be answered.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  10 November 2013 by A De Lorenzo    (New Zealand)

This airline is now black listed on our travels. We were not allowed on the flight due to over booking. There were 4 of us travelling and seats were scattered over the plane. I was not allowed to sit with my wife, The vegetarian meal that was ordered at booking and confirmed 5 times at check in, even by the airport manager, was not loaded. Staff promised compensation but withdrew the offer after the flight had left and we were stranded. Every person we dealt with offered some form of assistance but no one actually did anything after we were out of their line of sight. Do not fly this airline.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  10 November 2013 by W Battershill    (Australia)

MEL-AUH. Flight good, service friendly and room to stretch as cabin was very empty. AUH-SYD. At the airport my passport is checked at check in - no problems. Passport control the passport is checked twice. I arrived at the gate 55 mins before flight departure to find a long queue. Before getting to the gate another passport and boarding card check for the name. Then the gate. We waited and waited and waited. Security also waited and waited. There are only two persons manning the gate for a full A340-600 flight to Sydney. I observed both counters. The First and Business counter was taking around 45 seconds to process a passenger. The economy counter was around 1 min 10 sec per pax. Finally I get to the gate counter 5 minutes before the scheduled departure. Again 1 minutes to process my boarding pass and no reason when I asked why they needed my passport. Tthere were 53 people behind me so I knew the departure would be late. Of course it was by 52 minutes. The flight was as good as it could be for an overnight flight with friendly staff and plenty of food.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  6 November 2013 by L Calder    (New Zealand)

Our dance team flew from New Zealand to Serbia and back. The staff were friendly and helpful. They even brought us a special dessert and a card to say good luck for the competition we were attending. On the return trip, they gave us all a glass of champagne when we took off, to celebrate our win at the competition. The food was delicious, with great beverages as well. The movie range was large and the seats in economy were fine. We would thoroughly recommend flying with them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  5 November 2013 by Ian Mcintosh    (Australia)

October 18, Seat 23H, Flight EY461. Melbourne to Abu Dhabi. I suppose it is inevitable that comparisons will be made between this flight and the Emirates 777 economy service to Dubai. Having done both now I would say they are fairly level pegging apart from the fact that Etihad uses an A340 600 with a 2x4x2 configuration much preferable to Emirates 3x4x3 for couples. The A340 is very quiet and surprisingly comfortable even on a 14 hour leg. Clients wanting to stopover will prefer Dubai. While boarding was orderly and relaxed, the experience was spoiled a little at check-in. I had booked through Virgin Australia using points and pay - and assumed travel on a major partner airline would be seamless. No such luck. First the check-in guy had to call Virgin - then the airport duty manager got involved and eventually phoned Abu Dhabi for approval. Meanwhile we went for a long walk - it was that or be stabbed in the back by the anxious horde waiting to be checked in. Finally all was fixed - but it took about 40 minutes. The welcoming crew were bright and chatty and flight EY461 left Melbourne on time. Note that the bins above the window seats are smaller than the centre aisle. Safety instructions are via animated video and crew demos. The entertainment screens are a good size and the touch system really easy and simple to use. Emirates ICE is also great but the touch controls don't always work all that well. About a half hour out hot paper towels were served and dinner started 40 minutes later. I had Moroccan beef casserole in couscous, not the most appealing looking dish but quite tasty thanks mostly to the black olives. I was pleased to see Australian products were used. The meals are medium in size, the other noteworthy point is that steel utensils are used. I had a glass of red wine and asked for another when the trays were taken but the bottle had gone. To her credit the hostess did fill my glass later. Breakfast was scrambled eggs with the lot - fine for me. To summarise: Apart from the hiccup at check-in, smooth, good value flying.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  4 November 2013 by S Capriola    (UAE)

JIA, 10/23 to Chicago on American Airlines. Then Etihad on 10/23, flight EY150, Chicago to Abu Dhabi. After seeing the pictures online and flying on what seemed like a lawn dart with AA I was so excited to fly on the Etihad Airways. However, that quickly ended as soon as we landed in Chicago and had to get in another line to check in. A man met you before you even went through the line and placed your bag in the carry on stand to check if it fit. After seeing him give one lady a hard time with hers since the handle grazed the side I knew we were done. Sure enough all 4 carry ons we got on fine with AA were "overweight" and exceeded everything else they could possibly find wrong. So $700 later we had to pay for all 4. Absolutely no care about it and the guy needed a manager to override it. She even shook her head at the ridiculous fees but still did nothing. Although they present this put together and professional staff, the unfriendly crew, poor meals and lack of overhead complements, as we saw a few quarrels over space, it was anything but. I'd much prefer my laid back friendly JetBlue or Southwest staff any day. Needless to say we plan to travel extensively while living abroad in AD but will not use Etihad again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  29 October 2013 by Y Abraham    (Australia)

When checking in early at Sydney airport, we asked for the bassinet we had requested with the booking for my wife and young children. Unfortunately this couldn't be arranged for their connecting flight in Abu Dhabi. A little confused we asked how they could all be gone 14 hours before that flight. We were told they had been reserved. I understand that airlines have different bassinet policies and accept that. Over the next 2 hours we were told it was our fault for not buying another seat, that they wouldn't have a look to see how full the 2nd flight was and they wouldn't speak to our travel agent who was trying to help us. Finally with my children distressed and my wife in tears she simply said she couldn't fly so we went home.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  28 October 2013 by Alan Brook    (Australia)

I travelled from Sydney via Abu Dhabi to Manchester, my biggest problem, the first leg to Abu Dhabi was with Virgin Australia, I cannot understand why they will not issue a boarding pass for the two legs of the flight. The having to queue in Abu Dhabi for the boarding pass to Manchester was disgusting at a time when you would like to be relaxing after a 14 hour flight and looking around the airport instead you have to queue for a minimum of between 1 and 2 hours to get a boarding pass. The same on the way home, had to do it all over again. The flights were very good, cant complain about them but this can really turn you off flying with them again. I know they are two different airlines but flying together in unison surely this problem could be sorted out to the passengers convenience.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  28 October 2013 by C Adam    (UK)

London to Bangkok, staff very helpful, found the seating very narrow and little space inside the seating and eating resting area. The film selection frankly was poor, far too many children's films and poor content. The airline should review who is making the selection and look at other airlines (recommend Singapore). Food and wine good. Outgoing both aircraft had up to date equipment. The return journey Bangkok to Hub was an older type aircraft and equipment requires modernisation.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  26 October 2013 by Rose Leslie    (USA)

Oct 21 from New Delhi through Abu Dhabi to Washington Dulles on EY 131. It wasn't bad. There were two drawbacks. One was the long line in Abu Dhabi when transiting to India. The other is the strange rule about only one carry on. They sometimes enforce and sometimes don't but its also supposed to be under 7 kg which is unrealistic at the least. I had to put up a fight to get on the flight home with my camera and small carry on which weighed 10 kg.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  24 October 2013 by Luz Nuno    (Portugal)

Lisbon-Milan-Abu Dhabi-Sydney on 3, 4 and 5th October, first flight codeshare with TAP, second flight crowded, but nice flight, very nice cabin crew, tried to make flight more pleasant. Third leg Virgin Australia also in codeshare, crowded also but very nice. Sydney-Abu Dhabi-Dublin-Lisbon, 18-19 October, also a very crowded first leg, plenty of food and drinks, ice creams. Second leg during the night, half full flight, could move seats to sleep, the crew organized for all passengers to have plenty of space to sleep. Last leg codeshare with Air Lingus, horrible and late. Overall a very good service, will fly Etihad again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  24 October 2013 by Kate McDonell    (Australia)

We travelled first class Sydney to Paris via Abu Dhabi and return in September/October. We had 2 previous experiences with Etihad on this same flight both in Business Class. The first time, in 2009 was excellent. Service, meals, attention to detail was second to none. The second trip was a little less so, less attentive, the calibre of meals had deteriorated somewhat and service was definitely in decline. So this time we thought we would go First Class. Such a disappointment. From the check in at Sydney Airport - where apart from not being in a queue, we could have been anyone for the level of attention and reception received. Thank heavens for the Express Passes to get us quickly through customs and immigration. The cabins in First were excellent, the flat beds long and as comfortable as you could get and the beds were made up with sheets. Cabin crew were efficient, but certainly lacked the warmth of previous flights. The chefs advised that they could prepare anything for us, where in fact the meals were very ordinary and unimaginative. It also took a long time to be served. I know they were striving for a 'dining experience' but when you are tired and hungry you don't want to wait nearly 4 hours as we did on our flight home. I also don't want to hear how tired the staff are, how busy they are or any other excuses as we did on several flights. I think we have given Etihad every chance to prove themselves, but we may not fly with them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  23 October 2013 by T Arnold    (UK)

9 Oct, EY20, 10 Oct, EY441. 19 Oct, EY440, 20 Oct, EY11. Flew LHR to Abu Dhabi and on to Vietnam: and then return. Found staff uncaring: food disappointing: seats uncomfortable: everything very grubby. Return flight had to wait almost 3 hours at transfer desk before they would issue my boarding pass. When I asked for a drink at midnight on return flight one attendant asked the other 'do we have anything open'? I only wanted water or perhaps orange juice!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  23 October 2013 by A Llewellyn-Evans    (Australia)

Sydney to Abu Dhabi and then to Athens and back from Istanbul to Sydney in September and October this year. We were lucky enough to gain upgrades for the two longer legs and this made the flight more enjoyable. As all the previous writer indicate there certainly is a step up with Business class and while I could not justify paying the full price the chance to upgrade sections is worthwhile. The space is the major gain you have what seems the equivalent of 3 seats, you can stretch out, have places which to store books, glasses and water bottles and certainly the amenity kit is worthwhile. The service also improves with a higher staff ratio and they were certainly attentive to all needs from extra blankets to late night snacks (I can recommend the steak sandwich). The food, which while not that much better than economy is presented in a more sophisticated way and taken with the space makes dinning an enjoyable experience. Would I recommend the upgrade, yes for the longer legs 12-14 hours for the shorter ones 4-6 hours you can survive!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  21 October 2013 by Freddy van Belzen    (Netherlands)

Economy BRU-AHU-BKK and return. Very good onboard service, excellent staff. Stopover in Abu Dhabi ok, restrooms very poor.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax