Etihad Airways Passenger Reviews and Etihad Airways Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Etihad Airways Passenger Reviews and Etihad Airways customer trip Reports

Etihad Airways Customer review :  3 December 2013 by Manolov Valentin    (Canada)

25/10/13, JFK-AUH. Traveled from JFK New York to Abu Dhabi. Smiling and friendly personnel. Nice food. Entertainment was good. Champagne, nice videos, everything one needs for comfort.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  2 December 2013 by Martin Tong    (China)

Bangkok to Abu Dhabi. Previously travelled A340 with them and it was acceptable, but this trip on Boeing 777 was torture. Ten across seats should not be allowed and will never fly this airline again. Serving trolley bumped into my shoulder no less than 6 times and have bruise to prove it! Cabin felt so claustrophobic and long queues as travelers could not get passed service trolley to bathroom. This was made worse by repetitive claims they are an award airline - what for, the most cramped seats? Never again, and would warn all others thinking about using this airline that their Boeing 777 should be carefully avoided. Will take a connect in future on Emirates or Qatar.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  2 December 2013 by Troy Holsteint    (Australia)

Travelled from Brisbane to Dublin return, excellent service all round, except business class lounge in Abu Dhabi, did not seem to be big enough, to accommodate the number of passengers that were there, while my stop over was there.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  2 December 2013 by J Madan    (USA)

I traveled from Washington D.C to Bangalore, India. Never again will I make such a mistake! Checking in our bags at Dulles the ground staff were overly picky about the weight per bag, not he total weight per passenger so I was there along with innumerable folks re-packing my suitcases. Then the hand baggage was weighed - not once but 3 times, the last one being just before we got on the plane. This staff member came with a portable weighing scale and rechecked. When I got on the flight it was literally empty, same thing with the return flight. I will never fly on this airline again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  29 November 2013 by James Choochot    (UK)

EY404. Business class. AUH to BKK. Product seems much better then than - AUH product. B777-300 has larger PTV and has more storage flight, seat pitch is bigger. Before take-off, offered the option of pre-ordering drinks and meals. Dine anytime. As soon as at cruising height, the drinks were dutifully served individually. Avoid row 11 as immediately in front of galley for economy class so very noisy. Served hot nuts, choice of crab tian, mezze, parsnip and apple soup, spiced land ouizi, pan fried sturgeon, tenderloins beef with red current jus. No complaints whatsoever although the amenity kits are now poor quality and basic, no designer products.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  29 November 2013 by James Choochot    (UK)

MAN to AUH. Delayed landing due to fog, so diverted to a regional airport after circling for a while. Plane needed refuelling and awaited weather improving. Once landed, had to stay on plane, but doors opened and soft drinks, muffins and pastries supplied. Kept fully informed of situation by the pilot. PTV kept on and comedy sketch shows available. Delayed about an hour, however whilst on board I received a text message from Etihad to inform me I would be transferred to another flight. On arrival at AUH, boarding tickets awaiting us, the next flight was held for us and our luggage even made the transfer. Completely efficient service. On board, the meal selection in business consisted of, anytime dining, Aarabic mezze, oven baked chicken! mushroom soup! chicken biryani! rack of lamb (exquisite), pan seared scallops, tagliatelle, cheeses, desserts and ice cream. On board service excellent without being too intrusive.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  29 November 2013 by James Choochot    (UK)

EY407, BKK-AUH. Business. Rear cabin toilet appeared to be constantly locked. On enquiring was told that it was kept locked to stop economy class passengers from using it. Therefore had to ask when wanted to access the toilet. British crew particularly friendly. Usual high standard of service and menu.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  27 November 2013 by Gulamhusein Adnan    (Kenya)

NBO-AUH-BOM-AUH-NBO. A320 and 777-300ER respectively and vice versa in return. Flight was very comfortable with adequate leg space. Best was the IFE which had lots of choice of latest Movies and Songs. FA's were very beautiful, helpful, ever smiling and organised. All flights were on time and in fact arrived earlier than ETA. Will travel more often if this type of service continues.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  27 November 2013 by M Khedekar    (India)

Flew from Buffalo to Mumbai via Chicago and AUD. American Airlines from BUF to ORD. From previous experiences with BA and other better airlines, I was carefree about connecting at ORD. Only to realize later that I had to go through another check-in at another terminal. Reaching the check-in counters there was a long queue. Apparently everyone was waiting to check-in. So even with the boarding passes I had of AA, they meant nothing. Nowhere did anyone tell me about rechecking in. I waited patiently. Elderly passengers who were also connecting from different cities in the US were annoyed. A rude man walked up and asked everyone with AA boarding passes to queue up separately. I was to fit my industry standard carry-on bag in a non-industry standard bag frame. I was told that I will have to check my bag. Having already paid in Buffalo for excess luggage it seemed like a way of making money out of people's miseries. So apparently the check-in was another money collecting routine by the airline. Went through security again. By the time I reached the gate, it was chaotic: noise and chaos galore. Onboard, the seats were hard, space was tight. FAs were nice and pleasant. Inflight entertainment was ok. Food service and drinks service was very good. Liked the fact that they had steel cutlery. Connecting at AUD was painful. Long walk. The walkways were not helpful. AUD to BOM flight was in a Jet Airways plane. The interiors were old. Run down. General drunk passenger. FA handled him courteously. Food was good again. Inflight Service was very good throughout. Will fly Etihad, maybe Business/First because if you're Economy no one cares.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  27 November 2013 by Bathula Kranthi    (USA)

I recently travelled (Nov 24 2013) from Washington, DC - Abu Dhabi - Hyderbad (India). The only problem I had on my journey is from the inlight staff. I was traveling with a six month old baby. In order to get a small cup of water I had to ask three times. The flight staff were not willing to offer any help when required and whenever I called for some help they never showed up. I hope this will be my last trip with this airline.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  27 November 2013 by Viayalayan Krishnan    (USA)

During my trip from Washington DC to Chennai, the nightmare started in IAD when they forced us to remove things from hand luggage when the weight was 7.05 kg. I was asked to remove the 0.05 kg! I was travelling with my wife and two kids, but were only carrying 2 carry on and two laptop bags and 3 check-in bags. so we rearranged things and were able to get it all through without throwing anything away. Then towards the end of the flight, I went back to the kitchen area to get water, the flight attendant couldn't find a cup and she just picked up a couple, one of the two cups already had a little water in it. The flight between Washington DC and Abu-Dhabi is long. 13 hours going east and 15 hours going west. After a few hours the restrooms smell with water everywhere. Abu-Dhabi airport is horrible, no trams/trains connecting the terminals. After 13 to 15 hours on the flight walking and standing in security lines - horrible experience.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  25 November 2013 by P Clark    (UK)

Travelled to Australia in October, it was a very enjoyable experience. Staff very pleasant and helpful, good food, and economy seats quite comfortable. It was our 6th trip to Australia and have got to say the best so far, if possible will definitely go with them again and have already recommended the airline.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  25 November 2013 by Michael Samuel    (USA)

Brussels-Abu Dhabi-Bangalore, November 9. One of the totally "I don't care about you" type of airlines. From Brussels to Abu Dhabi, I tried to get a drink of water. Pressed the call button, and someone came over after 30 minutes. Again about 2 hours before touch down, pressed the call button. This time nobody even came by. Even after calling twice. Would never fly this airline again. I wonder how it could get a four star rating.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  22 November 2013 by Henk Zijlstra    (Netherlands)

AMS-AUH, 23/10, AUH-JNB. JNB-AUH, 16/11, AUH-AMS, 17/11. All was well but the seats are very small and totaly not fit for the European market. We are both 1.85 m. We have never had this before. We were sore when we arrived after 2 flights of 6 hours. The transfers in Abu Dhabi is not nice, no seats to rest and very crowded.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  19 November 2013 by S Johnson    (UAE)

AUH-JFK-AUH, AUH-SIN-AUH, both in business. Excellent seat, excellent staff, very good food and beverages. Very satisfied with the service. Complimentary chauffeur service was also very good, which is something you don't normally get as a business class flier in the other airlines. Overall I am very satisfied with EY, the only downside is their horrible, terrible Customer Service responses. When something goes wrong (such as claiming missing miles), you will test your endurance and tolerance level to the limit. Often you encounter extremely slow or no responses, even if you get responses, you will likely see the customer care staffs making so many mistakes so you will have to start the claim process all over again. I can guarantee the worst quality customer care center really kills the EY's reputation.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  19 November 2013 by Carmel Monaghan    (Australia)

I flew return from Sydney to Abu Dhabi with in a trip to Norway and back. I found this airline to be fairly good. The food quality was good, though maybe more water rounds would have been helpful. Seats were relatively comfortable though being when the person in front put their seat back, it seemed to be a big recline. I was in the seat with the wall behind me and not able to put mine back as far to compensate. Leg room was much better than Air Berlin who I have traveled the other part of the trip. Staff were friendly and assisted as needed to all especially those with small children. My only complaint was with the toilets. The sink was blocked straight after take off, one ran out of toilet paper and by the end of the 16 hour flight were revolting. Cleaning needed to be done during the flight and was not.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  19 November 2013 by C Hunt    (UK)

Flew economy London - Abu Dhabi - Male return, previously always flow Emirates however this fare was 500 cheaper in the sale so thought we would try them. The two flights on the larger planes in and out of London were awful, no leg room and as other people say when you recline your seat the base goes forward leaving you with no leg room. Even my 9 year old was not comfy, the seats are hard and narrow. The flights from Abu Dhabi to Male were better, more room, bigger seats, however toilets are at back next to galley so a nightmare squashing in and out. Food on all sectors was disappointing, given a brown paper bag with a sandwich. Had run out of our choice on one leg. Found staff in general to be very abrupt. Also one drinks service coming into London. I also don't like that when I asked for a gin and tonic they mix it themselves instead of giving you the mini bottles so you have no idea how much they have put in. Thought the entertainment was okay but nothing amazing. Apart from the minimal leg room the worst part was being stuck for 3 hrs in Abu Dhabi airport. It is small with very limited eating areas, Abu Dhabi to male we didn't even have seating at the gate, everyone was on the floor then straight on. Queues for transit both ways were horrendous and badly organised, we were in the end taken through the business express lane. If you are used to Dubai airport I don't recommend it. I wish we had spent the 500 more and flown Emirates. Will never fly again with Etihad.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  18 November 2013 by A Patel    (USA)

ORD (Chicago) - AUH-BOM (Mumbai, India) in March 2012. I'm 6 feet tall. Negatives: They have the least amount of leg-room I've experienced on any airline. The articulating seat pan makes the problem unbearable - when you recline the seat back your seat cushion moves forward, thrusting your knee into the seat in front of you. The worst part is that I had to endure with this on a 14+ hour transatlantic flight. Understaffed - slow service. They only allow 7kg/~15lbs for carryon baggage. This equates to a near empty rollaboard or a small backpack. Positives: You can redeem American Airlines miles on their airline. I got safely to my destination.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  18 November 2013 by A Dobbs    (Ireland)

Comfortable - no, space - none, competency - lacking. My parents and I travelled from Dublin to Abu Dhabi and then to Sydney on Oct 25th and return on Nov 15th. I am just 5ft 3 and I found seat space minimal. Food was disgusting on both journeys. We found the staff rude and unhelpful. They ran out of food and by time they got to us there was no choice left. One of the air hostess actually said to me 'I have nothing left for you. I guess I can check 1st class but don't hold your breath'. I was polite to all staff but was ignored on more than one occasion. As for Abu Dhabi the airport is easy to get around but again the staff are lacking in basic customer service. Will never travel to Abu Dhabi again nor will I fly with Etihad again.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax