Etihad Airways Passenger Reviews and Etihad Airways Customer Trip Reports

Not Rated

Airline not Rated

Read Etihad Airways Passenger Reviews and Etihad Airways customer trip Reports

Etihad Airways Customer review :  22 March 2014 by L Nelson    (USA)

Worst experience from AUH to IAD. After sitting on the plane for 3 hours, we had to disembark. Long story very much shortened, communication from airline personnel was non-existent. Ultimately, the flight arrived 23 hours late. After transmitting my objective impressions to Etihad management, I received no acknowledgement whatsoever.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 March 2014 by J Huang    (USA)

IAD-BKK (via AUH) round-trip. IAD-AUH, (A340-600) - flight only 20% full and I had the bulkhead seat with an open seat next to me. Had a great experience with in-flight food, entertainment and service. I chalk that up to the empty flight and minimal stress on FA's. Bulkhead seats are normally 75$ per leg but was able to get it during online check-in. Bulkhead had plenty of legroom and you don't have to worry about reclining seats. IFE is slightly smaller and with lower graphics quality. Cons: seats are quite hard, halfway through the 12 hr flight, my tailbone was so sore I had to sit on a pillow for the rest of trip. Transit AUH - first time at airport and transit in evening was a breeze with minimal lines for transfer/secondary security. I had a short layover so didn't check on the facilities. Food options are limited and expensive. AUH-BKK, (777) - completely full flight and boarding process was very chaotic. Basically a complete free for all boarding. They boarded by rows but gate agents were not enforcing it. I will avoid flying on 777 especially with the 3-4-3 set up and the poor seat pitch. Cabin was very hot even though I was just in a T-shirt. FA's did their best scrambling around with the full flight. Seats again were very hard and not comfortable. BKK-AUH, (777) - same experience as the inbound flight. Cabin too warm and breakfast food was pretty bad on this flight. By far the worse on the trip. Boarding in BKK still very chaotic. AUH transit with US Customs pre-clearance - 3 hour layover in the early morning and airport was very busy. Secondary security had long lines and had to wait 30 min. Food options is still terrible. US pre clearance at AUH was a mixed bag. No dedicated lines for US citizens. AUH-BKK, (A340) - another full flight and a complete reversal in my Etihad experience. FA had difficult time communicating with mostly South Asian customers. Meal service was a zoo - I have never seen so many different special meal requests. There's a 30-40 min lag between special meal service and regular meal service. Special meal customers ended up holding on their meals for 1 hr. Some flyers had to take their own tray back to the FA. Cabin temperature fluctuated a couple times from cold to warm. IAD luggage took forever. Waited for a full 30 min at the carousel from the first bag to my bag. Probably would not fly Etihad economy even with the lowest price. Seat pitch way too small for intl long hauls. AUH transit was not very pleasant with lines everywhere and terrible food options.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Peter D Wilson    (UK)

Flew (or attempted to fly) EY440 and EY015 Ho Chi Minh / Abu Dhabi / Manchester, 7 March. Flight to Abu Dhabi left almost 9 hours late. Utter shambolic chaos at Abu Dhabi. Hundreds of us queuing for boarding cards. Etihad staff apparently beyond even seeming to care. All sorts of wrong/misleading information. Pity any poor person not fit enough to be in a queue for hours on end. Had to wait until same flight 24 hours late to Manchester. I feel I owe Singapore airlines an apology for not flying with them this time. Etihad? Never again!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 March 2014 by L Booth    (UK)

I flew from Manchester UK to Melbourne Aus via Abu Dhabi. All my flights to and from Melbourne were punctual, clean, efficient and more comfortable than expected given I was in Coral Economy Class. I have been on long haul flights with a number of airlines to India and USA and I must say that I was most impressed by Etihad and would recommend this Company. The cabin staff were exemplary in meeting the needs of all their guests, treated everyone with respect and yet made me feel like a special individual. My only reservation is that if you seat at the back of the plane the menu choices can run out. However it is possible to pre-book a meal from a drop down list when booking.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Alan Tomkins    (UK)

2 passengers travelling as a couple LHR-HKT via AUH, EY18/EY1996, 15-16Jan 2014. These flights, and the return in March, were booked with Trailfinders UK in summer 2013. Seats were requested on the LHR-AUH flights both ways, but seats on the AUH-HKT sectors could not be requested as it was operated under a code share agreement with an Etihad partner, Air Berlin. The day before departure, I visited the online check-in site at the permitted -24 hours to find seats on the first sector had been allocated, window and aisle as requested. There was a very limited option for change, so it had been well worthwhile requesting at booking. However, second sector seats were allocated as 16K and 15D, in opposite aisles making travel as a couple impossible. No option for change. I made a request for more equitable seats at baggage check-in LHR, and the agent was able to offer us seats together in 20AC on the second sector, less attractive seats due to the missing window in this row, but otherwise fine. Once underway, on time, service on the first sector was in the modern CX/SQ mode, a little better in some respects, a little less so in others. Food was acceptable, even tasty with a pre dinner drink and wine with the meal. Missed was the CX mid flight ice cream. Great IFE. Abu Dhabi was a work in progress, crowded, busy and confusing, with the need to pass through security again. Better is promised for 2015. The second sector on Air Berlin was OK, reasonably efficient, slightly brusque cabin crew attitude and edible rather than tasty food. No pretence of offering a superior service. No alcohol offered on this breakfast flight, but I believe it would have been available on request. Slightly primitive IFE. A quick route from Heathrow to Phuket, slightly under 15 hours including stopover. Competitively priced, 30 kg baggage allowance and service levels as you would expect, but such a pity you can't pre-book seats. So, home at the end of the return trip, and time for a final verdict. Would we use them again? No, not unless they integrate more effectively.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  13 March 2014 by B Boros    (Spain)

Flew from Manila, Philippines to Malaga, Spain on 8th March. Flight supposed to be delayed for departure from Manila for 2 hours which ended to be 3.5. I lost my connection to Dusseldorf and ended up in a queue along with at least 500 people from other flights and different connections lost. There was no type of prioritization, communication from staff and they were totally lost. We were standing in the queue for 5 hours looking at the staff behind the counter. When I reached the counter I kept hearing "one minute sir, one minute" for about an hour before getting a new reservation for connections the next morning, at 4 am, so 20 hours later. I then went to terminal 1 since I had to take my boarding pass from there, the guy could not print them from Terminal 3. Went there, sat in another queue for half an hour just to be told that I was at the wrong counter to get boarding passes for Turkish airlines and I should move to another. There are no signs whatsoever and no people that could provide useful information. It is acceptable to miss a connection, it happens everywhere, but the level of incompetence and lack of interest in Abu Dhabi is just ridiculous. Not flying Etihad again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  13 March 2014 by D Araj    (UK)

Manchester - Abu Dhabi, flight 16, 25/12/13. A very uncomfortable journey, freezing conditions with everybody wrapped in blankets, staff unable to rectify. Very small seats. Return flight was just as bad on 9/1/14. 7 hours of discomfort.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  10 March 2014 by Peter Stephenson    (UK)

MAN-AUH-BNE. Travel out Jan 14 return Feb 14. The Pearl experience from start to finish was excellent with, a couple of caveats, UK chauffeur each way all on time and friendly. Check in and lounge at MAN easy and helpful. Food and drink in lounges plentiful apart from BNE where the lounge is operated by NZ airways and the am food choice limited. The men's lavatory was in need of cleaning and refreshing. In flight al a carte of a good standard as was the anytime kitchen on all legs. Both MAN and AUH lounges can be congested as has been mentioned. A request for a special wheat free diet didn't really work as the two courses offered on the first meal serving were chicken starter followed by chicken main. My companion reverted to ordering off the main menu for all other meals. Gluten free bread was not offered. Transfers at AUH were not clear for fast track passengers and there's no lounge or fast track at all in Singapore on the stop over. Flat beds comfortable I'm 180cm tall and slept well. No jet lag to worry about. IFE not the best, particularly western music, Mainly B rate films, although I found enough to watch. In all a very good experience and would use again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  7 March 2014 by N Willmott    (UK)

LHR-AUH-LHR in business class. Started badly as the chauffeur service decided to park round the corner of my building and not tell anyone, it took 30 minutes of trying to contact the airline before we finally found them. Got to the airport, my flight was more than an hour late due to late inbound equipment. Flight out was okay, I had very high expectations as this was my first time with Etihad and I had heard great things. Return flight, forget about it. I'm stuck in the mess at Abu Dhabi airport at the moment where technical problems closed the airport briefly. The customer service systems have totally different (and unrealistic) information versus the departure boards in the lounge. Staff are overwhelmed. If you are connecting through this part of the world, stick with Emirates, I will in the future.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  6 March 2014 by G de Malet    (Australia)

Paris-Abu Dhabi-Melbourne, first class. Paris to AUH no staff in first class cabin spoke French. Service was haphazard at best. Sink in main bathroom was blocked and this reported to crew. The same aircraft serviced the AUH-Melbourne sector. The sink was still blocked. This airline has some excellent staff however the standards are extremely uneven and one is left with the impression that training could be improved.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  3 March 2014 by David de Klerk    (Belgium)

BRU-AUH-KUL and back. Service on board and staff were very good. The seats were very narrow on the first flight, but much better on the airplane leased from Jet Airways. The food was quite tasty and the IFE was acceptable. But, the transit at Abu Dhabi was terrible. The airport wants to play with the big boys but it lacks the facilities to do so. Way too many passengers than they can handle, so extremely long queues. It took me two hours just to get from one plane to the other. Long bus rides from the plane to the terminal and vice versa. Wifi doesn't work properly. I thought Etihad was quite good, but because of Abu Dhabi airport I am not going to fly with Etihad again. Next time I will take Emirates or Qatar Airways to go to Kuala Lumpur.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  3 March 2014 by Adrian Hamel    (Canada)

I have flown with Etihad 4 times in Pearl Business. This last flight (from Abu Dhabi to Toronto) will be my last. Prior to this, the service was decent - as was the plane. This last was tired, old and the staff was MIA. The only time they answered the call button was when I pushed it by mistake. My next trip to India will be with Emirates.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax