Etihad Airways Passenger Reviews and Etihad Airways Customer Trip Reports

Not Rated

Airline not Rated

Read Etihad Airways Passenger Reviews and Etihad Airways customer trip Reports

Etihad Airways Customer review :  25 May 2014 by J Gage    (UK)

I have flown Etihad 4 times in the last 12 months. Each time the service gets poorer. Last time 27th April I was rescheduled Manchester to Heathrow to Bangkok. I was assured there was ample time to transfer from T1 to T3 LHR .Not so had to dash only made it because BKK flight was delayed. I do not need such stress. Now the return leg on 18th May from BKK to AUH. No member of cabin staff identified me as a gold member, each request was declined and the stewardess was totally out of her depth. for example when I asked for a glass of dessert wine I was told I would have to wait until business class was finished and see if there was any left. One hour and 25 mins later it arrived. By such time I had lost the will to complain . On the flight from AUH to MAN I was boarding with business class passengers . As I entered the aircraft the cabin crew manager said to the gentleman in front 'lovely to see you again sir, through to the right' - to myself "in there to the left" with a look of disdain, then to the next two behind lovely to see you etc. As a frequent flier and gold card holder I feel the treatment I received was abysmal.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  25 May 2014 by San Raja    (USA)

New York to Abu Dhabi is one of the worst flights I have traveled. Seats are cramped and extremely uncomfortable, not much leg room. Cabin was too cold and cabin crew was not helpful. Food was not great. I had a horrible experience and it took 2 days to recover from all the tiredness. Don't try this airline, even though they offer a the cheapest price.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  24 May 2014 by J Denis    (Australia)

Travelling Etihad Airways from Athens-AbuDhabi-Sydney was terrible. More crowded than domestic seating, seat allocation changed for no apparent reason and my wife and I stuffed into Seats B/C with A occupied, when only 60% full. I moved to another unoccupied E aisle seat with 2 vacant spots beside me and during middle of night for unknown reason flight attendant installed 2 more people next to me. Unbelievable. Checked our original 2 seat allocation and it was occupied by one child under 6 with spare seats next to her parents in middle seats. Unbelievable. Never Etihad Airways again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  24 May 2014 by A Crafar    (New Zealand)

I was traveling with my fiance and mother from NZ to Manchester in April 2014. On the SYD to AUH flight I had a live crawling beetle in my salad. I alerted cabin crew who attempted to remove it and return my salad to me! After following up the whole flight she finally said she had submitted an incident report. On the AUH to MAN flight the cabin staff gave our vegetarian meal to the family behind us. They started eating it and then the staff realised they had made a mistake so they removed the meal from the family behind us and gave it straight to us. The staff never returned when we requested water and it usually took 3 or 4 times until we got water. When I laid a complaint to the head office they offered my free guest miles and we stand by our great service and are offering you these guest miles. And that was it.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  22 May 2014 by Sahir Sharuz    (USA)

I am very disappointed by Etihad Airways. They changed my flight timings without even considering my schedule. They have messed up my domestic flight timings with out even considering that it is prepaid already. The only solution Etihad Airways could engage was to persuade me into cutting my trip short or make it longer which I cant .The other solution Etihad encouraged me to partake was giving me a full refund. Its so easy for Etihad Airways to dump a customer off the cliff. Happily they try so hard to take your money when a deal is made but, engaging in solution is something you are poor at. I work full time. I am an employee who has to make precise schedule to make that once in a life time trip to see his family in a short notice. Very disappointed!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  22 May 2014 by Sivapriya Kumar    (USA)

I have traveled Emirates, Qatar Airways, Lufthansa, British Airways, Air India and Etihad Airways so far in the last few years. But the staff service I received from Etihad Airways was so bad that I am writing this immediately after my travel. I was travelling with my 1 year old daughter and was surprised by the attitude of the Air Hostesses and other cabin staff. They were least friendly and least helpful when you ask them anything. I needed some help with my bags to be put in the compartments above the seat and I asked a staff to help me, as I had my daughter who was not very happy either. But I was told point blank that she cannot carry my bags. During the flight I asked for some warm milk for my daughter and the staff gave a cup of cold milk (after asking a couple of times). When I asked if they can help me get the milk warmed, I was again told clearly that, that is all they can do and they can't warm the milk. Then I had to request them a few times to finally get the milk warmed. I am just putting down a couple of things here. But the experience was bad to worse and it all had to do with an unfriendly and unhelpful staff.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  21 May 2014 by Aspi Dubash    (Sri Lanka)

My wife and myself went to Colombo airport and got checked in for a flight to Munich via Abu Dhabi. The flight was in the initial beginning was late by one hour. The Etihad ground staff knew about this problem but still issued us both the Boarding Passes, Colombo to Abu Dhabi and Abu Dhabi To Munich. On the flight we asked the Purser and the Air Hostess to check with the Pilot about our connecting flight in Abu Dhabi. All three assured us that we will be able to catch the connecting flight. Upon landing at Abu Dhabi airport we were met by a Etihad ground staff who told us that the connecting flight had left for Munich 1.5 hours ago. So all that assurance by the Pilot and the Purser was a lie. We were made to do immigration formalities and brought to the baggage collection carousel. The baggage took exactly one hour and twenty minutes to arrive. We were not offered any water nor a place to sit, no one was kind nor helpful at the airport. We were handed over to Etihad Airways staff, who was the rudest I have ever known. Just because she is of Arab origin she thought that everybody else are low down. She took us to the taxi rank at the airport and handed us over to a taxi driver who drove us off to Dubai. She also told us that there will a person from Etihad who will take care of us at the Dubai Terminal. Finally we reached Dubai Emirates Business Terminal and got ourselves checked in. What a difference from the Emirates Staff compared to the Etihad staff. Nobody at Etihad Airways cared a damn and they were not bothered.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  21 May 2014 by John O'Shea    (Ireland)

Business class DUB-AUH-SYD and MEL-AUH-DUB. All flights were excellent. First rate staff and top quality meals. Seat comfort could be improved, but only slightly. Otherwise, very happy!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  19 May 2014 by Y Lou    (Lebanon)

My flight was delayed 7 hours with no notice. Bad customer service.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  19 May 2014 by Khawla Amin    (Qatar)

Bangkok to Doha via Abu Dhabi. Bangkok to Abu Dhabi new B777-300ER. Excellent service, delicious meals, great IFE, comfortable seats. Abu Dhabi to Doha on A319. A 40 minute flight but hot sandwich was served with drinks, superb service. This airline is cheap compared to Emirates or Qatar Airways.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  18 May 2014 by Marco Bella    (Italy)

Totally disappointed by Etihad . Flight delayed 15 hours without notice, no customer service, baggage lost. I am trying to contact lost and found since 4 hours and I have not received a reply yet. Staff is not helpful and the Abu Dhabi airport did not have enough facilities to accommodate all the passengers. I do not suggest to fly with this company.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  18 May 2014 by N Senior    (UK)

My wife and I flew Etihad from London-Abu Dhabi-Male on the outward journey of our holiday. Due to a major (unresolved) issue on the outward journey, Etihad offered us ‘Meet and Assist’ and (if available) Pearl Class upgrade for the return journey from Bangkok-Abu Dhabi-London. We will see if they manage to redeem themselves.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  16 May 2014 by W Hickling    (UK)

Manchester to Trivandrum via Ab Dhabi. We were pleasantly surprised, and no problem with the flights, the service and the transfer through Abu Dhabi. The seats on the shorter flight to Trivandrum were comfier than the 7 hour flight, and we didn't enjoy the food very much - but that may be a personal thing! Flight attendants pleasant. No problems on the return journey, apart from a queue between terminals at Abu Dhabi - however it moved quickly and we were not inconvenienced. All flights on time.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  14 May 2014 by M Sawar    (USA)

EY 102, JFK-AUH, business, 5/3/14. EY 233, AUH-ISB, business, 5/4/14. EY 232, ISB-AUH, business, 5/10/14. EY 101, AUH-JFK First, 5/10/14. Ground crew are quite unhelpful to the point of being rude. The airport facilities at Abu Dhabi including the business and first class lounges were dirty and unkempt. The staff there was quite rude and unprofessional.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  13 May 2014 by D Pluck    (UK)

We had 4 flights with them and all 4 were late, one by as much as 11 hours. Not a good start! With regard to the longest delay, we were put into a "first class hotel". I do not call Premier Inn first class! We were told that we would have a chauffeur car to get there. After a 30 minute wait, we ascertained that the hotel was some 200 metres away so we walked, having wasted half an hour. On the return flight to Heathrow, we witnessed a blatant disregard to the general safety regulations when a young female continued to occupy a seat next to an emergency door when it was very obvious that she would have been unable to carry out the special duties that pertain to that position. Finally quite a proportion of inflight entertainment units were inoperable.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Khan Muhammad    (USA)

I flew Etihad on 9 March 2014 from LHE-AUH-IAD. My trip started horribly from LHE, where the Pearl and coral lanes were not even separated, ground staff had no interest towards assisting anyone. It took them 2 hours to give me my boarding pass and they gave me an aisle seat, when I had checked in online with a window seat. The plane was 1 hour late and when I entered the cabin, only 1 flight attendant was there to guide everyone to their seats. No welcome drink served, not even water. After take off the flight attendant brought me someone else's meal and then repeated the same thing again. It was a short flight and had a longer journey ahead. When I arrived at AUH airport, I was happy to see they had extended their terminals and new terminals have been added to the airport. After clearing the security check point, I went to the Pearl lounge and was so disappointed that there was nowhere to sit. I went to the new US Immigration's and Customs area which was done very well. The flight was an hour late. 14 hours to DC was ok, the flight was full so I couldn't get my seat again. I was very disappointed with their inflight entertainment system as it has nothing at all to watch or listen to. Food quality was ok. Landed at IAD, and my limo was not ordered as per the agent at the IAD airport. The bottom line is I have been travelling Qatar Airways for the past 4 years and they are excellent when it comes to taking care of their business class passengers. I hope Etihad improves.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Jeanine Whalley    (Australia)

Melbourne to Seychelles via Abu Dhabi and it was a pretty average flight, small seat pitch, mediocre food, only one drink served on a 13 hour flight. The way home, however, was a different story. On 27th April, the plane took off from the Seychelles 5 hours late due to fog in Abu Dhabi. I knew I would miss my connecting but assured that ground staff in Abu Dhabi had it taken care of. When we arrived, there was no sense of order or anywhere near enough staff. On arrival at 11.10pm I was told to queue at the flight transfer desk. At this point there were two people working the desk. The queue broke up and it became a free for all. After 3 hours of waiting in this queue I was rebooked on a flight to Sydney and then another one on to Melbourne the following day. I arrived in Sydney to find my luggage was not with me. I had obviously missed my next flight, so was rebooked again and found myself back in Melbourne 17 hours later than intended. I finally got my luggage 4 days later.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Hignett Harry    (UK)

EY16, Manchester to Abu Dhabi on 14th April. Business class. Arriving Abu Dhabi there was no gangway we had to disembark using metal steps. There was no handrail and I aged 87 I had difficulty using the steps with very little to help me to climb down. At the same time an elderly lady perhaps not as old as myself but using a walking stick also had difficulty going down to ground level. There ought to have been a handrail. Thursday 1st May on my return at Sydney airport I attempted to find the Business class lounge prior to boarding EY455 Sydney to Abu Dhabi. I walked almost the length to Gate 60 before I found that it was near the Duty Free section. I had waked past with a number of people. The signing was poor and needed an overhead indication. On 3rd May, EY021, Abu Dhabi to Manchester I asked for grilled beefsteak from the main menu only to be informed that it was not available. The alternative from the Anytime Menu was adequate. At all times the staff were extremely efficient pleasant and helpful.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 May 2014 by Huzayfah Alam    (UK)

Abu Dhabi to London on 29th April 2014. We flew a Boeing 777-300ER A6-ETN. The seats were very narrow and made you feel claustrophobic due to the 3-4-3 configuration however the comfort of the seat was good, the seats also looked very attractive. The aisles were very narrow and small. The value for money was great, the legroom was decent and the staff service was average. My mother asked for headphones 3 times until someone bothered to fulfil her request. She asked for water a several times and a Air Hostess looked annoyed and gave her a whole bottle. Their attitude needs some sorting out. The food and beverages were great and the IFE was very good too!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 May 2014 by Huzayfah Alam    (UK)

Lahore to Abu Dhabi on 29th April 2014. We flew an Airbus A340-600 A6-EHH. The plane was scheduled to be an Airbus A330-200. Last minute plans from Etihad was made which annoyed me a bit. The cabin seriously needs refurbishing it looks old and worn out inside. The seat comfort was decent and the legroom was good. The cabin crew were rushed and some were kind and some were moody. The value for money was great! The IFE was good and the food and beverages was great!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 May 2014 by Huzayfah Alam    (UK)

Abu Dhabi to Lahore on 31st March 2014. We flew an Airbus A340-600 A6-EHI, the plane seemed a bit old inside and needs refurbishing. The flight was delayed 1 hour 30 mins due to delayed passengers and a sick passenger. When the flight finally took off we we're allowed to use the IFE and the IFE was pretty good. The cabin crew were all a bit moody and rushed which wasn't very helpful at all. The seat comfort was decent and the legroom was good. I liked the configuration of 2-4-2. The meal was also decent.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 May 2014 by Huzayfah Alam    (UK)

London to Abu Dhabi, 31st March 2014. We flew on a Boeing 777-300ER A6-ETL And the configuration of the Coral Economy Class seats were 3-4-3, it made you feel very claustrophobic. It was a struggle to get luggage through the tiny little narrow aisles. To be different from flying the regular PIA we chose Etihad as it was cheaper. The cabin crew were all very nice and kind, the seat had very good comfort. The legroom was okay, the in-flight entertainment was quite good!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  6 May 2014 by Holger Rosemann    (Vietnam)

FRA to SGN in May 2014. Excellent food at any time during the flight. All meals were served with nice silverware and almost to 1st class standard of other airlines. You can choose any course and combination, as much as you like and whenever you like. Excellent in-between-meals and they even reserve you your favourite main dish if you decide to eat later. Toilets are cleaned multiple times. I am 196cm tall and still could sleep on 100% flat beds. Entertainment a bit limited, but headphones comfortable. Amenities bag complete with socks, ear plugs, hand and face moisturiser, tooth brush and toothpaste of high quality. Most importantly and above all: the staff including ground staff in the lounges and check-in in FRA and AUH. I have never been in a better lounge then the Etihad lounge in FRA (except may be the Lufthansa HON lounge in FRA, but that is a different world of it's now).

Etihad Airways Customer review :  5 May 2014 by Vivien Moss    (UK)

Our direct flight to Manchester was overbooked travelling from Abu Dhabi to Manchester. we were unceremoniously rushed on to a flight to Heathrow. My husband who has dementia and was seated in another section of the plane to me! We were given vouchers to spend and advised these could be used on Duty free goods, this was not so. As we are unable to fly again vouchers are worthless.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  4 May 2014 by Francois Goreux    (France)

SYD-CDG via AUH. Very pleasantly surprised. Good service (FA's were friendly and attentive), more than decent food, and great inflight entertainment system, with live television! Only minus was the B777, on the SYD-AHU leg of the trip, which was definitely showing its age. Overall would more than recommend flying Etihad.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  4 May 2014 by Carl Maslen    (UK)

London to Bangkok via Abu Dhabi on 22nd April returning 30th April. Flying First and Business class - the worst experience I have had on an airline. Delayed 2 hours at Heathrow (no reason given), had to go on a later flight from Abu Dhabi to Bangkok, again delayed 2 hours, each time we were just sat on the plane waiting. Service on the plane very poor. Although no delays on return service was very poor again. Seemed like air crew had no interest in passengers, only their own comfort. Staff in airport lounges disinterested with very rude tone.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  4 May 2014 by Cordelia Williams    (UK)

I flew First Class from LHR-AUH-SIN-BNE and back again. I must say, the service was excellent. Our steward was very attentive and only wanted to please. The food was excellent, although I did expect breakfast to be served a bit earlier on when flying from SIN-BNE. I was slightly disappointed with the Inflight Entertainment system. It was not as good as British Airways, simply because there was not as much choice. On the return journey, it seemed like I had watched everything twice over. However, I rather liked how the system did not turn off when the plane was beginning it's descent as it often does with other airlines. The steward was very helpful when it came to disembarking the plane. I was struggling to unload all my things and manage to my two young boys. He took my boys and led them off the plane. This is my first time travelling Etihad, normally I would use BA or Cathay Pacific but I have converted over to Etihad now! Overall, the best flight experience I have had. I fly at least once a month to AUH, business class and every six months I fly First to Australia, and will definitely be using Etihad for my future travels.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  29 April 2014 by L Elston    (UK)

Worst flight I have been on. My husband and I flew Business class from Abu Dhabi to London Heathrow in pre-booked seats. A mother and child of 4 had been allocated seats apart which is appalling, and we were asked by cabin crew if we would change seats with them just for take off as the little boy was upset. Deceitful cabin crew wouldn't let us return to our seats and we had to sit apart for the whole journey. Dishonest and conniving, complained to Etihad, they don't want to know.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Abdul Qayyum    (UK)

Flew on 14/4/2014 from Manchester to Abu Dhabi and then onto Jeddah. The first leg of the journey was good but the second leg was of much lower standard with one hour delay at Abu Dhabi.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  26 April 2014 by AJ Nathan    (USA)

Flew ORD-MAA-ORD in March/April this year. The good: Food and drink choices were very good, inflight crew did they best they could. Entertainment system is among the best. The bad: Cramped seating on 10 abreast 777-300. Some airlines increase seat pitch in this configuration but Etihad still uses 31" pitch. This was unbearable especially on the 15 hour flight from Abu Dhabi to Chicago. No concept of boarding zones. All 4 flights were delayed by at least 1 hour. Connecting in Abu Dhabi is a nightmare. They make you go through security just before boarding, which is a primary reason for delays. Buses take passengers to smaller planes. Too many passengers are packed into one bus for a very uncomfortable 20 minute ride. Neutral: US CBP pre-clearance is nice to have but adds to delays. It was already past departure time when passengers were in the US Immigration line. All Etihad flights from Abu Dhabi to the US are delayed by at least 2 hours because of this.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  23 April 2014 by James Choochot    (UK)

MAN to BKK via AUH and return. Generally faultless service. Staff polite yet not too intrusive. Drinks offered on boarding with offer to request cruising drinks and menu, although an anytime menu is available. I slept well on most flights. AUH to MAN delayed with little information given, the lounge staff just kept topping up my champagne glass. Flight delay caused by a child misbehaving. Amenity packs have improved. Chauffeur service excellent.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  23 April 2014 by John Nickols    (Australia)

Flew BNE - Kuala Lumpur- BNE for Easter. Have previously flown from BNE to UK with Emirates and Singapore Airlines but will now fly only Etihad. Great service, great food and plenty of it, very friendly and obliging staff.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  20 April 2014 by H Hussain    (Canada)

Very good flight from YYZ-AUH. The staff were attentive and polite, overall quite satisfied with their service.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  20 April 2014 by T Tye    (UK)

25th March, Manchester to Abu Dhabi to Bangkok and flew home 9th April, Phuket to Abu Dhabi to Manchester. Flight numbers: EY22, EY408, EY1999, EY15. We flew with Etihad for the first time and it will be the last time, there was nothing positive to say about the flight. The seats were so uncomfortable and only acceptable if you are a sardine, the food was awful and the air crew were very unprofessional. We have flown with Thai and Eva Air who were fantastic. My husband is very tall and had a miserable flight, in my opinion Etihad have spent all their money on the football team and not on their airline.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 April 2014 by L Morrison    (UK)

Excellent flight from London Heathrow to Abu Dhabi. Good comfortable flat beds with extremely attentive staff. Food hot and tasty well presented and an abundance of alcoholic drinks if desired. Toilets very clean and attended to extremely frequently. Entertainment was fine and just right for the length of flight 7 hours. I have travelled several times with Qatar and Emirates, Etihad are just as good.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 April 2014 by Ali Ahmed    (USA)

My wife and 4 kids including a toddler took a flight from Karachi to Chicago via Abu Dhabi and from Chicago to San Antonio. The stay at Abu Dhabi was 1 hour 45 minutes. Due to heavy crowds, long waiting lines and less staff in Abu Dhabi, my family missed their next flight to Chicago. This is second time with us that Etihad failed to provide service as they promise. My family are still at Abu Dhabi airport wondering when their flight will be. Staff are unable to provide them hotel accommodation or next flight info at this time. If you are traveling to meet a tight time or in an emergency, do not use Etihad!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  15 April 2014 by E Shields    (Australia)

I have done several long haul flights with Etihad. I am satisfied with most aspects of their service. However, on my last trip, I waited 90 minutes in a very slow moving queue to check my luggage in at Sydney and another 90 minutes on the return journey waiting to check in at CDG Paris. I wonder if the airline is cost cutting with check in staff. Then there is the issue of the queue at Abu Dhabi. After alighting the aircraft it is necessary to stand amid a slowly moving sea of humanity all awaiting a re-scanning of hand luggage. On my last trip, this wait took over an hour. After a fourteen hour flight, it sure takes some stamina. I am thinking of changing airlines.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  14 April 2014 by E Gregan    (Ireland)

Although absolutely packed with passengers, Etihad (EY32) Paris to Abu Dhabi on 8/4/2014 was one of the best flights I have had in a long while. Staff were polite and very attentive. Etihad complimentary drinks greatly appreciated!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  10 April 2014 by Colin Dale    (UK)

I was scheduled to fly from BKK through AUH to LHR. Etihad run a 'tight' connection at AUH and on this last trip the whole process was a shambles. Their flight into BKK was very late and Etihad suggested that we would not make the AUH connection to LHR. I spent a lot of time (and money) on calls trying to resolve commitments in the UK accordingly. In the end, rather than pay for accommodation and similar for (I estimate) 100 passengers they simply made the AUH flight wait two hours and thus inconvenienced over 300 passengers! Investigating their schedules and the way they handle their aircraft (in this case A6ETB) it was clear that they had elected to deliberately run this aircraft late for three consecutive days. When I say late, I mean hours, not minutes: you can imagine the difficulties that passengers face arriving at LHR and getting out around 10 pm at night rather than at 7 pm. I would and urge everyone who is considering using Etihad to be quite careful, they may have an equipment shortage or simply be electing to mess people around as they know that there is limited legislation for a non-EU airline of this nature.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  9 April 2014 by A Joyce    (Ireland)

Dublin - Abu Dhabi - Bangkok return economy March 2014. Frequent Flyer and Etihad gold card holder. Etihad are a good but no longer great airline. All flights were punctual. The lounge in Dublin is fantastic. All flight sectors were very busy. Food onboard was OK. The food service onboard seems to take an extortionate amount of time. Also Etihad leave the main lighting on for too long on red eye flight. They should make better use of the mood lighting for those that want to sleep. The seat pitch on the A330 was not good and I could not sleep. The Boeing 777 aircraft with 10 abreast seating and narrow aisles feels cramped but easier to sleep on. The crew were friendly and professional on all sectors. They currently appear to be more interactive and helpful with passengers. I was impressed as I was greeted by name on one sector. IFE is good. Etihad now seem to have a policy of boarding almost an hour before scheduled departure which seems excessive to me. We were sitting on the tarmac after boarding for a least 30minutes on all sectors and I was one of the last few to board. There are still issues with the landing slot in Dublin airport in the morning as no stands are available to park at. Another delay after a 8 hour flight.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  9 April 2014 by P Pann    (Germany)

Booked on a flight from SGN to AUH and connecting AUH to DUS. I upgraded to Business Class for the flight from AUH to DUS, upgrade of the flight was confirmed. Flight was scheduled to leave at 2.20 am from AUH. Without any information whatsoever I received a boarding pass for an entirely different flight: They simply booked me on the Air Berlin flight leaving AUH at 8.40 am! In AUH at the Business Class desk I complained and asked to receive the correct boarding pass for the flight at 2.20 am that I was booked on. They told me that the flight was fully booked and that it was not possible to get me on the flight, not even in Economy class.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  8 April 2014 by Jamie Whitworth    (UK)

5th Feb, EY12-EY402, returned on 19th Feb, EY403-EY17. An airline with modern yet cultural furnishings. Etihad being the national carrier for the UAE have had fierce competitors but have not let it degrade their service. With polite and efficient staff, you're welcomed with lush cuisine, well presented stewards/stewardesses, all topped off with a great entertainment system. Check in was extremely fast, boarding was a breeze and cruising was pleasant. Meals are plentiful and delicious with two choices at hand and an additional vegetarian option. Seat comfort and recline, brilliant. The airline in my opinion is one of the best. I look forward to flying with them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  8 April 2014 by K Al Mubarak    (UK)

I travel a lot, I've been on many different airlines, but not one airline can be compared to Etihad except for Emirates. I've traveled in all 3 cabins, never have I not been satisfied. The service is the best, the entertainment system is excellent, toilets are always clean and seats are comfortable. Last trip I had was on EY18 from London to Abu Dhabi, in business class. The lounge in London was the best lounge I've been to following the one in Abu Dhabi. Onboard I was in seat 9A, a window seat and being able to lay down flat is great. I slept, then woke up for an excellent meal. The plane had wifi connection, I was able to use whatsapp throughout the flight. The only bad thing was the main course that wasn't that good, I miss their steak sandwiches.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  8 April 2014 by T Mirza    (UK)

Mumbai-London-Mumbai, Pearl (Business) Class. The tiny plane from BOM-AUH (courtesy Jet Airways) did not feel anything special other than a slightly stretched economy seat. The Business class lounge at AUH felt stuffy, scruffy and least inviting. Couches were occupied by sleeping passengers and food was so spartan it made a mockery of a proper business class lounge. At boarding, there was no special fast track for Business Class travelers and we simply had to wait in a long queue. During long haul sections, the standard business class stretch seat and cabin did not quite infuse a sense of special feeling and the cabin attendants were barely doing their routine duties and food was no more than ordinary. Really very disappointed. The distinct feeling is the Business Class has been washed down these days to be nothing special even though the price compared is almost 3 times that of economy class.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Margaret Brain    (New Zealand)

Flew Sydney-Abu Dhabi-Dublin, 5th March 2014. Can not fault the service. Seating good (and I am not a small person - nor am I extra large!) Had G seat - inside aisle - and empty seat beside me. Then two seats between 2 window seats. Water was offered every hour, and rubbish cleared frequently Meals more than adequate- toilets clean.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Mayank Gaur    (India)

MAA-AUH - EY 269 - 5th March, AUH-JFK - EY 101 - 5th March. JFK-AUH - EY 100 - 26th March, AUH-MAA - EY 268 - 26th March. Really happy with the service. The cabin quality is good, crew were courteous and helpful and most importantly the ground staff were co-operative and available, guiding travellers to their destination. Food and entertainment was also great onboard. All in all a good experience.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  4 April 2014 by J Milosevic    (Austria)

March 9 2014, and flight numbers EY407, EY71. The worst customer service I have dealt with. Staff very rude, with zero regards to passengers. We had a total of 24 hours delay on our flight and they did not offer us a hotel or anything, and when dealing with feedback staff they did not even apologize. We received a boarding pass and were denied boarding after being re-routed, because we were not re-booked properly - although there were free seats on that flight causing us another 11 hours delay.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  4 April 2014 by A Bernier    (UAE)

I traveled several times with them and each time has been a nightmare. Flights being delayed for 4 to 5 hours is common. Last time I flew out of Kuwait, the lady at check-in told me: Sorry Sir, but the flight is delayed. 2.5 hrs on a 90 minute flight. Of course, I was not offered any voucher, not even for a drink of water! The worst was my recent flight to Morocco from Abu Dhabi. The flight, scheduled to leave at 2 am, finally left at 7 am. Not a single announcement was made to inform passengers or to guide them to some desk to get assistance or a voucher. Up to 7 am, the airline's website kept listing the departure on time at 2 am. The company was not to blame with the delay, the airport was experiencing a failure of the lighting system on the runways. The Etihad service desks were swamped with stranded passengers needing to be rebooked. It was madness to try to get to the desks. Etihad staff was trying their best not to been seen. No attempt was made to bring order to chaos. Things did not get any better once I finally arrived in Morocco. Being so late, I had missed my connection. No help from Etihad, no one in the airport to guide passengers and assist them.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  4 April 2014 by Gauding Manuell    (Australia)

Used to love flying with Etihad especially when I had my silver status with them. But my last 3 flights with them have lacked heavily with poor customer service, 7 hours flight delay in Abu Dhabi and staff didn't provide any quality information, unfriendly staff at gate 59 that day last month. Great customer service by staff in Australia and Germany but the UAE headquarters in Abu Dhabi is the one that pulls down the whole airline performance. Seats are still great and entertainment is ok but could be updated a little. Always flying MEL-TXL-MEL. Staff members wake you up while sleeping only to ask you if you want to have dinner. Thinking about doing future travel with Qatar airways.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  3 April 2014 by H Steohenson    (UK)

I was disappointed when I tried, before my flight, to arrange meals that were both wheat and dairy free. I was told that I must choose one or the other. Business class surely costs enough to cover this. My first meal consisted of a starter - a chicken breast and a main course - another chicken breast! I decided that there was sufficient choice on the main menu to find suitable options. I felt that I was paying enough to be given a gluten free choice. The entertainment was really poor for European travellers.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Imran Ali    (UK)

24th Feb from Manchester to Abu Dhabi, then from Abu Dhabi to Lahore. Onboard the cabin crew gave a warm welcome, were polite and helped us find our seats. Seats were very comfortable, the inflight entertainment was excellent and I like the fact that I could see take-off from my screen. There were not many facilities provided for infants, I was traveling with my 2 year old nephew. I disliked that the food was served very late. Another irritating fact was that the airplane was just too cold. Abu Dhabi airport was good, there were guides everywhere, however the flight was delayed 2 hours. Flight departed 15 minutes late, flight from Abu Dhabi to Lahore was quite bad, the airplane was not in a good condition and smelt.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Barbara Crawford    (UK)

EY460, 9th March from Manchester to Abu Dhabi. This was my first long haul flight so wasn't exactly sure how it would be. Excellent flight with very attentive service, comfortable seats and good inflight entertainment. 2nd leg of journey from Abu Dhabi quite poor in comparison. At Abu Dhabi airport was sent to the wrong lounge and no one seemed to have information on our flight details. Lounge very busy. Once onboard the flight staff initially helpful but that soon wore off. Was offered a drink which I accepted, only to have it taken away unfinished with no explanation. Obviously an older plane not the one shown on the website and the seats were a bit worn. I hadn't realised that the flight was with an Etihad partner Virgin. I chose to travel business class for the reason that Etihad have flat beds, some help with how to flatten them would have been good. Most people sleeping presume this was the reason there was no meal offered? I had to ask for breakfast, I don't really consider a bowl of cornflakes a round of toast or a steak sandwich on a 13 hour flight acceptable. The cost of this flight was £3400, I could probably have a few nights in a five star hotel for that. I have my return journey home in a couple of weeks, can't say I'm looking forward to it!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Derek Salter    (South Africa)

Flight from Abu Dhabi to London 28 March. Transfer from an Air Seychelles flight easy but a long walk. Flight to London delayed but information board gave no reason and how long the delay would be. Ground staff didn't seem to know. A 90min delay. Flight full. Families had been separated and ground staff had no clue how to resolve and were just inept. Boarding chaotic with no order. Shame as once on board and off the ground the cabin staff were excellent. Nothing was too much trouble. Food good - a snack bag to start with (flight left around 3am) and then hot breakfast prior to arrival. Good entertainment system. Seats somewhat cramped - they get in an extra seat across a 777 like Emirates - and seat pitch average. Good fares. Need to improve the quality of ground staff at Abu Dhabi as this spoils a good product in the air especially their cabin staff. Worth considering.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Joe Kaiser    (USA)

I had flown Etihad business class from Chicago to Abu Dhabi and I rated it as very uncomfortable in fact one of the worst BC seats ever flown. On the return I did first class from Abu Dhabi to New York and the experience was outstanding. The seat was extremely comfortable and the service outstanding. The food was good and varied while the privacy doors around the seat were perfect for a 14 hour trip. I was extremely happy and wish more of the international airlines (American carriers will never get their act together) would provide similar first class experience. I look forward to my next visit to UAE and I will avoid the connection through Chicago and instead use NY.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Edward Cowie    (UK)

Brisbane to London Heathrow. March 28/29. This is the second time we've used this airline, the first being Business Class to and from Australia from London last year. Our overall feelings? The reputation of the airline as 'the best' seems to us to reflect (if true) on how bad other airlines must be though our experience of Emirates flights London/Melbourne have always been better. We had ample airmiles for upgrade on one leg back but were told these classes were 'sold-out' which on observation passing the seats on exit was patently not the case! The Etihad seats for a tall man like me are a nightmare, no way to get a headrest into high position to rest head. The space is confined and restrictive. Although Silver Guest card holders, we were never advised that we could book actual seats well before the 24 hour on line service. Whilst many of the aircrew really are very nice, some are poor at communicating. The food? Well this time much worse than before, mostly inedible and boring. I'm afraid we feel this airline is terribly overrated and will never travel with them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  29 March 2014 by M Baker    (UK)

SYD-AUH, EY 455, 5th March. AUH-MAN, EY 021, planned departure 6th March, actual 7th March. Our major points of contention with the airline and Abu Dhabi airport are: Poor or non existent communication with any of the passengers, poor or non existent communication between various members of staff, inconsistency of information, especially on the airport display boards, rudeness from some of the staff (ground crew), although many were polite, friendly and tried to calm passengers as much as possible. Abu Dhabi airport does look very impressive from the outside, (viewed due to need to use a transit hotel in the city), the duty free/shopping area looks smart and there is a good deal of high tech equipment, but: it is small and cramped for the number of passengers travelling through, even if the flights are on time, staff are either incompetent or badly trained. Communication with passengers is abysmal - PA announcements are limited and the display boards are very inaccurate. The abudhabiairport.ae website is inaccurate and not kept up to date, catering facilities would make a small village shopping centre look impressive - and they do not cater for either the volume of passengers or offer them much by way of choices. The idea of queuing in order to get into a departure gate lounge is pathetic at the least, and you do not make passengers queue for over an hour just to get to this point. On the plane the service started well with a very attractive stewardess taking our food order, but after that they all disappeared. We are used to cabin crew walking thru regularly to check on passengers, but with Etihad, you have to use the call button! We would not recommend Etihad.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  28 March 2014 by A Bagul    (USA)

JFK to Mumbai via Abu Dhabi. The staff in Abu Dhabi were very rude, they have zero understanding of the boarding process. Flight was delayed by 1 hr and they kept saying the flight was on time. Food was ok. Return journey similar issue. Flight from Mumbai to Abu Dhabi was delayed 2 hrs. Abu Dhabi to JFK flight was good. I would not travel Etihad again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  27 March 2014 by G Gifari    (Australia)

EY470, SIN-BNE on A332. A lot of gimmicks on their seats. They are very sturdy and you unfortunately need to give it your all for a recline, no wonder some people say you can't recline on their Y seats. Cabin crew were a diverse bunch, so were their level of hospitality. IFE not the best I have experienced. Food was okay but their tea was too strong!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  27 March 2014 by Michail Kapsalis    (Greece)

Flight 0090, March 9 to March 24. Athens to Manila. Almost no empty seats. Food was bad. One sandwich for lunch and plain rice with some beef for 8 hours of travel. Limited space. 30 minutes delay on Abu Dhabi. Good staff. I would avoid Etihad and prefer Emirates or Qatar.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  27 March 2014 by Angelika Melani    (Australia)

BKK-AUH-DUS in Business. The flight from BKK to AUH was uneventful, however in Abu Dhabi, the transfer was horrible, bad signage, arrogant and unfriendly assistance, and than the overrated F Class Lounge. The check in to DUS was a complete nightmare, there were other flights as well departing from the same lounge, nobody really understood what's going to happen. Our flight delayed by hours. Than finally boarding no delays anymore. There was no communication at all. Transfer to aircraft via bus. Inflight entertainment did not work, the breakfast served was not eatable at all. On my return journey to Australia I selected a different airline.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  26 March 2014 by B OSullivan    (Australia)

Flew from Brisbane to Bristol via Abu Dhabi and to Dublin. As usual excellent flight, but chaos in Abu Dhabi both ways. Waited 56 minutes to disembark, appeared to be problems getting buses from plane to terminal. Abu Dhabi airport taking far too long with its improvements, many less experienced travelers would not tolerate the waiting and misinformation. Being a gold member having very little advantage in Abu Dhabi.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  22 March 2014 by L Nelson    (USA)

Worst experience from AUH to IAD. After sitting on the plane for 3 hours, we had to disembark. Long story very much shortened, communication from airline personnel was non-existent. Ultimately, the flight arrived 23 hours late. After transmitting my objective impressions to Etihad management, I received no acknowledgement whatsoever.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 March 2014 by J Huang    (USA)

IAD-BKK (via AUH) round-trip. IAD-AUH, (A340-600) - flight only 20% full and I had the bulkhead seat with an open seat next to me. Had a great experience with in-flight food, entertainment and service. I chalk that up to the empty flight and minimal stress on FA's. Bulkhead seats are normally 75$ per leg but was able to get it during online check-in. Bulkhead had plenty of legroom and you don't have to worry about reclining seats. IFE is slightly smaller and with lower graphics quality. Cons: seats are quite hard, halfway through the 12 hr flight, my tailbone was so sore I had to sit on a pillow for the rest of trip. Transit AUH - first time at airport and transit in evening was a breeze with minimal lines for transfer/secondary security. I had a short layover so didn't check on the facilities. Food options are limited and expensive. AUH-BKK, (777) - completely full flight and boarding process was very chaotic. Basically a complete free for all boarding. They boarded by rows but gate agents were not enforcing it. I will avoid flying on 777 especially with the 3-4-3 set up and the poor seat pitch. Cabin was very hot even though I was just in a T-shirt. FA's did their best scrambling around with the full flight. Seats again were very hard and not comfortable. BKK-AUH, (777) - same experience as the inbound flight. Cabin too warm and breakfast food was pretty bad on this flight. By far the worse on the trip. Boarding in BKK still very chaotic. AUH transit with US Customs pre-clearance - 3 hour layover in the early morning and airport was very busy. Secondary security had long lines and had to wait 30 min. Food options is still terrible. US pre clearance at AUH was a mixed bag. No dedicated lines for US citizens. AUH-BKK, (A340) - another full flight and a complete reversal in my Etihad experience. FA had difficult time communicating with mostly South Asian customers. Meal service was a zoo - I have never seen so many different special meal requests. There's a 30-40 min lag between special meal service and regular meal service. Special meal customers ended up holding on their meals for 1 hr. Some flyers had to take their own tray back to the FA. Cabin temperature fluctuated a couple times from cold to warm. IAD luggage took forever. Waited for a full 30 min at the carousel from the first bag to my bag. Probably would not fly Etihad economy even with the lowest price. Seat pitch way too small for intl long hauls. AUH transit was not very pleasant with lines everywhere and terrible food options.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Peter D Wilson    (UK)

Flew (or attempted to fly) EY440 and EY015 Ho Chi Minh / Abu Dhabi / Manchester, 7 March. Flight to Abu Dhabi left almost 9 hours late. Utter shambolic chaos at Abu Dhabi. Hundreds of us queuing for boarding cards. Etihad staff apparently beyond even seeming to care. All sorts of wrong/misleading information. Pity any poor person not fit enough to be in a queue for hours on end. Had to wait until same flight 24 hours late to Manchester. I feel I owe Singapore airlines an apology for not flying with them this time. Etihad? Never again!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 March 2014 by L Booth    (UK)

I flew from Manchester UK to Melbourne Aus via Abu Dhabi. All my flights to and from Melbourne were punctual, clean, efficient and more comfortable than expected given I was in Coral Economy Class. I have been on long haul flights with a number of airlines to India and USA and I must say that I was most impressed by Etihad and would recommend this Company. The cabin staff were exemplary in meeting the needs of all their guests, treated everyone with respect and yet made me feel like a special individual. My only reservation is that if you seat at the back of the plane the menu choices can run out. However it is possible to pre-book a meal from a drop down list when booking.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Alan Tomkins    (UK)

2 passengers travelling as a couple LHR-HKT via AUH, EY18/EY1996, 15-16Jan 2014. These flights, and the return in March, were booked with Trailfinders UK in summer 2013. Seats were requested on the LHR-AUH flights both ways, but seats on the AUH-HKT sectors could not be requested as it was operated under a code share agreement with an Etihad partner, Air Berlin. The day before departure, I visited the online check-in site at the permitted -24 hours to find seats on the first sector had been allocated, window and aisle as requested. There was a very limited option for change, so it had been well worthwhile requesting at booking. However, second sector seats were allocated as 16K and 15D, in opposite aisles making travel as a couple impossible. No option for change. I made a request for more equitable seats at baggage check-in LHR, and the agent was able to offer us seats together in 20AC on the second sector, less attractive seats due to the missing window in this row, but otherwise fine. Once underway, on time, service on the first sector was in the modern CX/SQ mode, a little better in some respects, a little less so in others. Food was acceptable, even tasty with a pre dinner drink and wine with the meal. Missed was the CX mid flight ice cream. Great IFE. Abu Dhabi was a work in progress, crowded, busy and confusing, with the need to pass through security again. Better is promised for 2015. The second sector on Air Berlin was OK, reasonably efficient, slightly brusque cabin crew attitude and edible rather than tasty food. No pretence of offering a superior service. No alcohol offered on this breakfast flight, but I believe it would have been available on request. Slightly primitive IFE. A quick route from Heathrow to Phuket, slightly under 15 hours including stopover. Competitively priced, 30 kg baggage allowance and service levels as you would expect, but such a pity you can't pre-book seats. So, home at the end of the return trip, and time for a final verdict. Would we use them again? No, not unless they integrate more effectively.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  13 March 2014 by B Boros    (Spain)

Flew from Manila, Philippines to Malaga, Spain on 8th March. Flight supposed to be delayed for departure from Manila for 2 hours which ended to be 3.5. I lost my connection to Dusseldorf and ended up in a queue along with at least 500 people from other flights and different connections lost. There was no type of prioritization, communication from staff and they were totally lost. We were standing in the queue for 5 hours looking at the staff behind the counter. When I reached the counter I kept hearing "one minute sir, one minute" for about an hour before getting a new reservation for connections the next morning, at 4 am, so 20 hours later. I then went to terminal 1 since I had to take my boarding pass from there, the guy could not print them from Terminal 3. Went there, sat in another queue for half an hour just to be told that I was at the wrong counter to get boarding passes for Turkish airlines and I should move to another. There are no signs whatsoever and no people that could provide useful information. It is acceptable to miss a connection, it happens everywhere, but the level of incompetence and lack of interest in Abu Dhabi is just ridiculous. Not flying Etihad again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  13 March 2014 by D Araj    (UK)

Manchester - Abu Dhabi, flight 16, 25/12/13. A very uncomfortable journey, freezing conditions with everybody wrapped in blankets, staff unable to rectify. Very small seats. Return flight was just as bad on 9/1/14. 7 hours of discomfort.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  10 March 2014 by Peter Stephenson    (UK)

MAN-AUH-BNE. Travel out Jan 14 return Feb 14. The Pearl experience from start to finish was excellent with, a couple of caveats, UK chauffeur each way all on time and friendly. Check in and lounge at MAN easy and helpful. Food and drink in lounges plentiful apart from BNE where the lounge is operated by NZ airways and the am food choice limited. The men's lavatory was in need of cleaning and refreshing. In flight al a carte of a good standard as was the anytime kitchen on all legs. Both MAN and AUH lounges can be congested as has been mentioned. A request for a special wheat free diet didn't really work as the two courses offered on the first meal serving were chicken starter followed by chicken main. My companion reverted to ordering off the main menu for all other meals. Gluten free bread was not offered. Transfers at AUH were not clear for fast track passengers and there's no lounge or fast track at all in Singapore on the stop over. Flat beds comfortable I'm 180cm tall and slept well. No jet lag to worry about. IFE not the best, particularly western music, Mainly B rate films, although I found enough to watch. In all a very good experience and would use again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  7 March 2014 by N Willmott    (UK)

LHR-AUH-LHR in business class. Started badly as the chauffeur service decided to park round the corner of my building and not tell anyone, it took 30 minutes of trying to contact the airline before we finally found them. Got to the airport, my flight was more than an hour late due to late inbound equipment. Flight out was okay, I had very high expectations as this was my first time with Etihad and I had heard great things. Return flight, forget about it. I'm stuck in the mess at Abu Dhabi airport at the moment where technical problems closed the airport briefly. The customer service systems have totally different (and unrealistic) information versus the departure boards in the lounge. Staff are overwhelmed. If you are connecting through this part of the world, stick with Emirates, I will in the future.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  6 March 2014 by G de Malet    (Australia)

Paris-Abu Dhabi-Melbourne, first class. Paris to AUH no staff in first class cabin spoke French. Service was haphazard at best. Sink in main bathroom was blocked and this reported to crew. The same aircraft serviced the AUH-Melbourne sector. The sink was still blocked. This airline has some excellent staff however the standards are extremely uneven and one is left with the impression that training could be improved.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  3 March 2014 by David de Klerk    (Belgium)

BRU-AUH-KUL and back. Service on board and staff were very good. The seats were very narrow on the first flight, but much better on the airplane leased from Jet Airways. The food was quite tasty and the IFE was acceptable. But, the transit at Abu Dhabi was terrible. The airport wants to play with the big boys but it lacks the facilities to do so. Way too many passengers than they can handle, so extremely long queues. It took me two hours just to get from one plane to the other. Long bus rides from the plane to the terminal and vice versa. Wifi doesn't work properly. I thought Etihad was quite good, but because of Abu Dhabi airport I am not going to fly with Etihad again. Next time I will take Emirates or Qatar Airways to go to Kuala Lumpur.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  3 March 2014 by Adrian Hamel    (Canada)

I have flown with Etihad 4 times in Pearl Business. This last flight (from Abu Dhabi to Toronto) will be my last. Prior to this, the service was decent - as was the plane. This last was tired, old and the staff was MIA. The only time they answered the call button was when I pushed it by mistake. My next trip to India will be with Emirates.