Etihad Airways Passenger Reviews and Etihad Airways Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Etihad Airways Passenger Reviews and Etihad Airways customer trip Reports

Etihad Airways Customer review :  20 January 2014 by M Werner    (Germany)

PRG-AUH-BKK and back in December and January 2014. As the leg from Prague to Abu Dhabi was served by Czech Airlines my comments refer only to the Etihad part. Abu Dhabi Airport needs to improve on signs and information monitors. I guess when switching planes within short time this will be a huge problem. On board the staff were friendly and caring except for the request to increase the temperature. The majority of the passengers were freezing, sitting down covered with all available blankets and some even using their winter jackets! This happened on both flights. The food was OK, just average airplane food. The entertainment system works well although the screen quality is poor. We usually prefer a long leg without the need for a stop in the middle of the trip, so we are unlikely to be re-using this service.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  20 January 2014 by David Gilbert    (Italy)

MXP-AUH-PEK, INC-AUH-MXP. 3 of the 4 legs on 330-200 with latest business class product. Excellent seat, perhaps a little narrow but flat and comfortable for seating and sleeping. Entertainment system very good, service excellent, very friendly and professional staff. INC-AUH on 340-500 with older business class (the old turquoise seats but recovered with the new stripy fabric, clever move Etihad). More cramped and less room but still good for sleeping. No privacy separation between the 2 buddy seats in the middle and if you are not travelling with your companion then it would be embarrassingly close with a shared armrest. Food very good indeed and good wine selection. Would travel again with Etihad. Only negative comment, the business class lounge at AUH is overcrowded as it the airport generally. I hope there are plans in place for improvement.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  15 January 2014 by K Abildskov    (Belgium)

BRU-AUH-BKK and return in Dec/Jan 2014. Outbound: BRU-AUH: A330 with nice seats, good entertainment (this was good on all flights), a good cabin layout, friendly crew, decent food. Transfer in AUH was a disaster with cramped and chaotic boarding, change of gate from T3 to T1 with no announcement. AUH-BKK: B777 with 10 seats per row, very small seat pitch, extremely cramped. We had paid for exit seats with extra legroom but even these seats were extremely narrow and very uncomfortable/hard. My E-box control would not fit into its socket in so it was just hanging down next to the seat, food terrible, unfriendly crew. Homebound 20 days later: BKK-AUH: Check-in in Bangkok smooth and friendly, same B777 as outbound I think, since the e-box control in my seat would still not fit into its socket and was still just hanging down next to the seat. Very friendly crew in our section, but the one in the other aisle was not. Sandwiches and breakfast (late night flight). Transfer in AUH again chaotic and disorganised with unfriendly, a very cramped boarding lounge, bus transfer to plane. AUH-BRU: A330, nice and comfortable, plane one hour late probably due to chaotic handling of bus transfers, onboard crew friendly. For some reason it was freezing cold on all our Etihad flights and despite promises by the crews to raise the temperature this was not done. Passengers had to sit with two blankets and take extra clothes out of their suitcases. All in all we were really disappointed with Etihad and there is truly a marked decline in standards since just a few years ago.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  15 January 2014 by G Lopez    (UK)

Heathrow-Brisbane via Abu Dhabi. This was the 3rd time I've flown Etihad and I could have cut/pasted my complaints from the last two flights. No seat booking with online check-in with code share, despite the fact it was Etihad planes on all legs (sold as Virgin on the AD to BNE leg). My inflight entertainment on the first leg wasn't working, so I asked for my system to be reset. After several attempts, I finally convinced one chap to have a go at resetting it and it worked! Seats are Ryanair-esque, reclining so little they might as well have not bothered. Abu Dhabi airport is as chaotic as a market bazaar. No signage, small departure screens tucked away from view, blank faced, overworked staff. On the leg back we were made to sit on the floor while we waited for the gate to open (an hour late). Finally allowed in the departure lounge. Finally told to board the plane bound for London, not by the conventional method of a public address system, but by a small lady hollering seat numbers at the other end of the departure lounge. Chaos ensued as everyone rushed to the front and the queue again stretched down the gangway. They get a point for landing the plane at the right airport.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  14 January 2014 by Mathew Renosh    (South Africa)

JNB-AUH, EY601 (A330), Seat: 36A 11/12/2013: Check-in and Boarding was smooth. Seat configuration of 2-4-2 so was seated a row after family as I wanted the seat with the view. Seat is equipped with IFE (E-BOX), headphone jacks, a variety of charging docks (USB, Power plugs). 10 mins before push back the Captain announced that the flight was experiencing a problems with its power source and a restart of power unit was required. This scenario caused the push back to be delayed 30-40 mins. The front camera in the Flight Map could be used to view the terrain in-front and below during and after take-off. E-BOX had a selection of Movies, Audio, Live TV (CNN and some news channels), TV (nice documentaries), games, etc. There was a decent collection of movies (multiple languages) and documentaries, although not as big a variety as ICE on Emirates. The headphone jack on 36B wasn't working so my co-passenger had to move to another seat which gave me 2 seats to relax. Snack and beverages were served 30-60 mins after departure. The main meal was served 2hrs after departure. There were 3 options between Lamb, Chicken and Pasta, choose the Lamb, had good portions and Appetizer and Dessert. Completed a movie and caught some sleep, the mood lighting was good. The seat was a bit un-comfortable for a long flight (8.5 hrs) but due to the vacant seat next to me I could relax a bit. There was ample leg room. A light snack with coffee service was served 2 hours before landing. At AUH plane had to circle in the holding pattern for a while to the delayed arrival. Landing was smooth and taxi to gate +-10mins. The connecting was displayed on the IFE. Was taxied to T1 for connecting flight. Overall impression of the flight was good and pleaseant, crew were hospitable, courteous and attentive, although would have expected beverage and cafe service top-ups after lunch. Toilets were clean and maintained by crew. Flight is recommend.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  14 January 2014 by Ian Riddick    (UK)

Flew Manchester to Sydney, 18/12/2013. Flight OK apart from 1 hour delay in Abu Dhabi sitting on runway. The return flight on 04/01/2014 was nothing short of a nightmare, checked in at Sydney with Etihad partner Virgin Australia. Flight to Abu Dhabi was superb, service etc very good. Our cases booked right through to Manchester but told to pick our connecting boarding card up in Abu Dhabi. On arrival the problem started, we were told our flights did not show on their system and we were basically cut adrift by Etihad in the middle of the night. Told to pick up our cases from a deserted luggage hall at 3am then had to find the Etihad booking desk managed to book tickets for myself and my wife. The help and assistance we had from Etihad was zero.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  14 January 2014 by A Al-Thani    (Qatar)

DOH-AUH-JNB return. Flight out to JNB was fantastic, first leg on an Airbus A320 from Doha to Abu Dhabi a short flight that went smoothly. The were people to meet and assist at Abu Dhabi, the connection was very smooth and the onward flight was on a newly refurbished A330 with the newest product in Business Class and the food was superb as was the IFE. Cabin staff were excellent and addressed us by our name, I would like Etihad to give a much better amenity kit than the very poor one they give out right now. On the return it was nothing short of a disaster on all levels, after arriving at JNB airport and getting our tax work done and checking in our luggage the lady at check in tells us that we will not be flying on Etihad but on Air Seychelles. I would have appreciated it if Etihad would have contacted me before I left my hotel and told me of the situation and given me a choice. The seats on the flight were uncomfortable and very hard though the leg room was good, the sleeping position was terrible as it was not straight, and the IFE was terrible the screen was very small and the selection was poor, I refused to have a meal and just had a glass of Orange juice. I was contacted by Etihad after arrival and they offered me an apology which I accepted, I will give Etihad another chance but they could have handled the situation so much better than they did.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  13 January 2014 by Salmon Bin Sorogang    (UAE)

AUH-KUL-AUH by Jet Airways aircraft but operated by Etihad Airways. The plane is looking old and most of the seats were torn. IFE selection was good and the food was nice. From check in, I would say the crew were very friendly. Overall experience was very good even from KUL, take off on time and on time into AUH. The service during entire flight was fantastic with very helpful FA's. I definitely recommend Etihad.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  13 January 2014 by M Horsfield    (UK)

My wife and I flew in Business from LHR to BKK via AUH on EY18 and EY408 on 16th/17th October. Business Saver fare was an absolute bargain. We booked the limo service from Suffolk to LHR and this arrived on time and dropped us outside T4 for an additional charge of just 20 since our home was just outside the 100 mile trip limit. Quick check-in having pre-booked our seats and apart from the pretty useless Fastrack courtesy of Heathrow's disinterested staff we were in the lounge shortly thereafter. As lounges go it was fine - quiet, comfortable and good service. Boarded 15 mins before departure with no delay and the gate was conveniently opposite the lounge. Jacket taken and champagne provided. Settled into comfortable seat in the Airbus 340, the excellent cabin staff explained the menu and took orders alongside after take-off drink requests. Flight took off on time and the rest of the inflight service was outstanding. The freshly made steak sandwich as a snack from the kitchen was as good a snack as I have had on any airline. Arrived into AUH on time but we had gated at the old terminal and had to transfer to the new one for our flight to Bangkok. Business lounge was very busy so we went in the First Class lounge and had a shower. Boarded EY408 on time and had a trouble free flight to BKK in a 777 this time but pretty similar set-up. Steak sandwiches just as good. Arrive BKK slightly ahead of schedule and given card to use its Premium lane so was cleared of immigration and collecting bags of carousel in quick time. Return leg was exactly the same with excellent service throughout and punctual arrival into LHR. My only gripe? The complimentary chauffeur. I initially booked one for arrival in BKK to our hotel but never got confirmation and when I tried to it seemed their was some confusion as to eligibility (2 journeys per adult passenger). Since it is hardly an expensive taxi from the airport to downtown Bangkok I cancelled it to make sure that we had the return from LHR to home but given the confusion wanted to make sure this was understood. I had to call Etihad in AUH in the end and it took ages and then started getting calls from the limo company in Bangkok advising what time they would be collecting us! When we arrived back at LHR they had organised a car for me and a car for my wife! We declined and continued our journey together. Seems like the system on these could be improved but it did not detract from the superb service.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax