Etihad Airways Passenger Reviews and Etihad Airways Customer Trip Reports

Not Rated

Airline not Rated

Read Etihad Airways Passenger Reviews and Etihad Airways customer trip Reports

Etihad Airways Customer review :  23 July 2014 by Ranjith Prabu    (USA)

We had the most disappointing experience with Etihad. We travelled SFO-LAX-AUH-MAA both ways. On our way to Chennai, both the flights were delayed and missed our connection flight to Chennai. We had to stand in the line for the flight transfer desk for 3 hours and stay in an airport hotel for a day. The return trip was 'lovelier'. The flight from Chennai landed in Abu Dhabi on time but was stranded on the runway for an hour and a half. So we missed our connection flight to LA and we are standing in the line at the flight transfer desk for 2 hours and still counting. We would not recommend this airline.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  23 July 2014 by P Priyanu    (Germany)

11/7/2014: Munich - Abu Dhabi: First Class: Atlantic lounge/Europa Lounge in Munich was not really quite what I had expected but as soon as I boarded the plane to my surprise the First Class suite was really nice. The seat was really comfortable, the chef and the cabin crew were very nice and friendly. I managed to sleep all the way from Munich to Abu Dhabi after my light dinner which was prepared on my request. Abu Dhabi - Bangkok: Business Class: I was rather disappointed as the seat was rather narrow and not as comfortable as I had expected but it was ok. It was a big change from First Class to Business Class. The service was also not bad at all.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  21 July 2014 by C Fonseca    (United Arab Emirates)

EY 641, 8 July 2014, AUH-NBO. EY 642, 12 July 2014, NBO-AUH. We expected much more. Both our flights, we had inattentive crew, malfunctioning and/or broken seat equipment and IFE, weird menu options. When trying to view 'our Network' the IFE the screen simply went blank and showed a white fuzzy box. Looking in the magazine or asking crew members did not make matters better. Offering bags of plastic packaged caramel corn before landing also seemed a bit off for an award winning airline. Both of our flights departed and arrived very, very late, as well. The only positive for them is the quality of economy class headsets, and honestly, outside of that the experience on their competition, especially Emirates, is far superior!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Pierre Jean Trebuchet    (United Arab Emirates)

BKK-AUH, July 10th. An extremely unpleasant experience from the beginning to the end: chaotic check-in at BKK airport, flight delayed, no explanation or apologies. Equipment was an overcrowded Airbus 340-600, we were packed like sardines and temperature was extremely hot inside the airplane. Staff were rude and unprofessional. No efforts to bring the temperature down, no water service, I had to ask 3 times for a glass of water. Luggage delivery was also delayed.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Roy Burgess    (Australia)

I have just completed a 6 week holiday with my wife, and had the unfortunate experience of flying Etihad on 4 occasions. The airline promises one thing and delivers another ie: we had a 3hour delay at MEL, which meant we missed our connecting flight at Abu Dhabi so had another 2 hour delay, which meant we were almost 6 hours late arriving in London. On the return trip we left Dublin nearly 2 hours late, which really didn't matter as the flight from Abu Dhabi to MEL was delayed by well over an hour. I found the staff at the airport and onboard rude and not receptive to customers requests. 777-300 - a very cramped, uncomfortable and noisy aircraft.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  16 July 2014 by K Jarvis    (Australia)

Very disappointed with Etihad, planes late on two occasions already and now waiting in a crummy business lounge in Athens with another late plane. They only give one hour's WIFi in what is supposed to be a business class lounge and the place is hot, with second rate food and service and in appropriate seating design. Entertainment system was not working in my business class seat on the way over. First world problem I know, but you pay a lot for these seats and they knew the seat had issues from previous flights but still put me in it. Just not good enough. Never flying them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  16 July 2014 by Anirudh Jain    (Indonesia)

Highly rated airlines but a totally disappointing experience. Food is really bad and the seats are really tight. Took a return flight from KL to Sao Paulo and for such a long journey the seats were really uncomfortable. Not to mention that the flight was delayed for 3 out of the 4 legs. The change over in Abu Dhabi was a bad experience as well. The change of flight required extensive walking with a 2 hr lay over only and had to go through a long line for x-ray again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  16 July 2014 by D van Liempd    (Denmark)

Flew Manchester-Abu Dhabi-Singapore-Brisbane in December 2013 and now Brisbane-Singapore-Abu Dhabi-Brussels and on both legs all flights were great. Very nice and friendly personnel, great good with good choices, good entertainment system, colouring packs and games for the children, everything was great. Would definitely recommend them and fly with them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  16 July 2014 by K Matthews    (Australia)

MEL to AUH. Flight was late leaving with no explanation. The seat was very uncomfortable, being hard and with no support at all. There were no headphones for the inflight AV so this needed to be requested. The sound quality from the headphones was distorted with high pitched noises making listening to anything unpleasant. The flight attendant took orders for dinner which served after midnight local time. The meal was adequate but nothing unusual or noteworthy. After dinner that was the last I saw of any flight attendant until breakfast was served many hours later. For some reason I was overlooked by the flight attendant and received no breakfast, in fact I was not even asked if I wanted coffee or water. This would be unacceptable in economy class and certainly is so in business class. The flight attendant did speak to me when he wanted to sell me tax free goods from the catalogue. I will not be booking Etihad again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  13 July 2014 by A Crawford    (UK)

EY20, 28th November and EY17 on 3rd Nov 2013. Would definitely fly them again, everything was immaculate, the crew at LHR/AUH and on the aircraft and the aircraft itself. I was sat in coral economy and had more legroom than any carrier I've been on in that class, the IFE system was great, brilliant selection of TV, Films, Music, games and more. 3 choices of main meal in economy as well as snack service and obviously drinks. You may pay a little more, but the service and the airline itself is definitely worth it.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  13 July 2014 by A Cooper    (Australia)

Had the misfortune of flying Melbourne - Washington DC via AUH last year in December. The planes were old and shabby. On one of the legs I was forced to sit in one of the 'love seats' with a complete stranger. I couldn't sleep as I had to keep moving his leg off my bed, yes they really are that close! Complained to the airline via email, they chose not to respond.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  13 July 2014 by K Higgins    (UK)

Flew to Thailand on 15th June, returned on 23rd June. Flights EY16 and EY402. Returning EY401 and EY15. I have flown with Etihad many years, maybe not again. I am over six foot in height and I think Etihads seats are made for small people. Manchester to Abu Dhabi and then Bangkok I was very uncomfortable all the way. Asked for extra legroom at Manchester and was told it would be 59 extra to Abu Dhabi and then pay extra again at Abu Dhabi to Bangkok. The food was adequate and TV entertainment average. Being an Etihad gold member I have seen Etihads quality go down. Very disappointed.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Mullinar Liz    (Australia)

This is my preferred airline. Why? Because the service is excellent, you feel as if you are travelling business class, nothing is too much trouble for the staff. Entertainment is the best with excellent earphones. I had to travel Virgin Australia on my way back from Paris to Sydney, oh the difference, Etihad every time.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by J Scholfield    (UK)

LHR-AUH-KUL and back. LHR to AUH on Boeing 777 3x4x3 configuration, AUH to KUL on Airbus A330, 2x4x2 configuration. Very good value for money, quite short connection times but not a problem even though AUH is very busy. Cabin crew immaculately presented and actually looked like they enjoyed their job. Good IFE with great selection of films and it was easy to use. Food and drink was ok although I didn't have the snacks. MY only complaint were the seats, they were rock hard and it felt like sitting on a slab of concrete after 6 hours. However that's the only real negative and I would fly with them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  4 July 2014 by T Cross    (UK)

Flew MAN-AUH-BKK all on B777-300. Outbound no particular problems though the food offered was at best average. Inbound a different story. Food poor, entertainment system barely worked, had to be reset 3 times, but the worst - aircraft boarding. At AUH, organised boarding, no way, no young families first, no row selection, just 1 mad free for all on an almost full aircraft. Total disgrace for a 4* rated airline, more like a cheap budget outfit. Not my first choice to get my custom again!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Kay George    (UK)

I travel to Melbourne from Manchester once or twice a year. This was my first trip with Etihad. The chauffeur was excellent but had not been given the correct information as to where to pick me up. Fortunately, he sent a text and I found him and was in plenty of time so no worries. Unlike the other airlines I have flown with, I did not feel 'looked after'. I have a gluten free diet and at the first meal, the cabin crew apologised not only for there being no g/f bread but also for the very tired looking meal. The standard of food was not what I expected. I loved the configuration of the seats affording excellent privacy but was glad I am neither claustrophobic nor overweight. At Abu Dhabi the walk to the gate from the cramped lounge was very long. I felt quite ill and asked for some water to take some painkillers but was told to walk 'downstairs' to buy some. A member of staff eventually produced a bottle of water. The next leg was a repeat of the first, apologies for lack of bread (I do not need bread, it would have been simpler just to say nothing) and very poor food. However, I slept well and there was wifi on board, which for me is a huge bonus although there is a cost to this. This flight fell below my previous experiences on the MAN - MEL route.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Frank Simon    (Germany)

I upped my Pearl Economy ticket to Pearl Business via Etihad bidding. Flew the first leg of my trip home (BKK- AUH). Airplane was one of the older (two class) 777-300ER of Etihad Airways. Seat area layout was ok, especially when travelling alone and having one of the separated seats open to the aisle. I would not want to sit in one of the 'couple seats' with a complete stranger. Seat size was below optimum for a 1.88m/6'3'' person like me, as in the maximum reclined position I wasn't able to stretch out completely. Putting one leg in the aisle was not causing a problem due to generous space, especially when compared to the extremely narrow economy class aisle in 3-4-3 configured 777s. Power sockets and USB-Plug-in were somewhat randomly put into several areas, and the table was too far from the person to enjoy the meal in an upright Position. The layout was clearly lacking storage room for something small like earphone case or iphone. No noise suppressing headphones were provided although announced in the ad (Website). I used my own ones and was able to sleep rather comfortably for most of the six hour flight. Food was ok but nothing much to write home about, relatively small choice (again not really according to the advertised super cuisine). Overall a nice experience, made the second leg in the extremely cramped economy class of a (nevertheless brand new) Airbus A330 of Air Berlin even more painful.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  1 July 2014 by James Plakal    (USA)

EY 130, 24 May. EY 268, 25 May. EY 269, 11 Jun. EY131, 11 Jun. Flew IAD-AUH-MAA last month. Very good flight. I was asked to move from the seat that I had selected which I did not like. Food, service etc excellent. Polite staff.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  1 July 2014 by Slark Anthony    (Nepal)

I had to fly urgently from my home in Kathmandu to London and only Etihad had the dates and times I wanted. My flight was EY 11 on 26th June, AUH-LHR, Economy seat number 23D. It was a Boeing 777. After my last two terrible experiences with the seating, I had vowed never to use Etihad again but this time I had no choice. The experience was just as terrible with these ten across tiny seats. It's a shame because the cabin service and meals were as usual excellent. I will be travelling by Qatar Airways, Oman Air or Air India whenever possible in the future and I will use Etihad as a last resort.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Scott Wales    (Australia)

Flew Sydney to Manchester return Business Class. New Business Class seats are very good.. I got the old seat from AUH-SYD and you can definitely see the improvement. Food was good. Other airlines do offer a bigger Menu. Lounge in Terminal 3 AUH very disappointing, too small and at Peak times standing room only. Etihad's main competition Emirates offer a better overall product. Etihad are trying to keep up with Emirates. They are trying to grow very quickly but missing some of the simple little things that make a great airline such as Singapore or Emirates.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by E Edwards    (UK)

Flew LHR-AUH-BKK, was dreading flight as planes got changed to the 777 at short notice and I had previously seen the reviews of that plane on here. I was really impressed with leg room and seat comfort even though 3-4-3 seating. I don't see what people have been complaining about. I found it more comfortable then Emirates, BA and other major airlines. The entertainment was great and the food was excellent. Would recommend Etihad.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by P Varley McLeod    (Australia)

I recent flew numerous sectors with Etihad in Business Class. The cabin crew seem to enjoy their job and this shows. The Business Class product is excellent except for the smaller A320 aircraft. Very old and dingy interior. The Flagship Business Class Lounge in Abu Dhabi in the mornings is a complete joke. This lounge is something you'd except from a 1 star airline. I did though have the pleasure to experience the lounge mid-morning and it was very pleasant. Staff even remember my face from previous visits and coffee choice. The Etihad Chauffeur is also fantastic along with the dedicated Business/First check-in. Cannot fault this airline and it will continue to be my airline of choice!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by A Clarke    (UAE)

I flew from Abu Dhabi to New York, the plane was not an Etihad plane but an Indian Jet Airways plane. The plane was filthy, they ran out of water and the toilets were so dirty my colleague were reluctant to use them. A 14 hour flight. Numerous people complained. Etihad code share with so many people now its a gamble what sort of plane and service you are going to get. I used to love Etihad but you no longer get what you pay for.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  24 June 2014 by David Feehan    (UK)

Flew with MAN-AUH-NRT and back. Flights to and from MAN were on 777-300. These planes are very cramped in 3-4-3 configuration. That said, staff were courteous and the food perfectly acceptable. However the perennial problems with delays leaving Manchester reared their ugly head (apparently waiting for passengers from a connecting flight which has arrived some time before the scheduled departure). This resulted in a mad dash transferring through AUH to get my connection to NRT. Flights to and from NRT were on A330 which seemed much more spacious in terms of legroom. As the flight to NRT was half-empty, there was plenty of room to stretch out. Arrival at NRT spoilt by the non-arrival of my baggage. Credit where it's due, the Etihad representative was straight on the phone to track it down, but this has happened to about 12 people on the flight. Even more disturbing, the Etihad rep had told me that it happened to 7 people the day before. Service on the flight was perfectly acceptable, but the delays and transit issues at AUH and temporary lost baggage spoilt the "Etihad Experience" for me.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  14 June 2014 by Jain Mohit    (India)

Flew coral economy class DEL-AUH-DEL and was very impressed and comfortable. Cabin crew on both legs very professional and also very friendly at the same time. Food quality was very good. This is part of the flight experience. Good food, good clarity on the screen for the on demand media, and they also have decent noise cancelling headphones. Service was good, even though the flight was full.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 June 2014 by J Denis    (Australia)

Flew Athens-Sydney and had pre-allocated seats down the back (A and C) so wife and I would not be hassled by adjacent traveler in overnight flight. At check-in we were changed to BC seat with no explanation, nor would they change it. Seat A was occupied and plane only 60% full. After takeoff I moved to vacant aisle seat with no one beside me. Mid flight a stewardess pushed 2 more into the seats next to me. Why, as there were other vacant seats? I checked our original seat allocation and found 1 child under 5 occupying both A/C seats with parents in aisle seat with 2 spare seats next to them. That's unbelievable. Terrible flight and can't believe how poor seat allocation is. I will not fly Etihad again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 June 2014 by John Ravlich    (Australia)

We flew from Milan to Abu Dhabi and on to Sydney on May 24th and enjoyed the flight very much. The flight departed both Milan and Abu Dhabi on time. The Aircraft's were clean and comfortable. The meals were tasty and the cabin service excellent, the flight crew were attentive and prompt in handling any request.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 June 2014 by A Domican    (Ireland)

Flew business class Dublin to Abu Dhabi return and was very impressed. The driver collected us on time and the lounge in Dublin is excellent. Cabin crew on both legs very professional and also very friendly at the same time. Food and wine top notch, and loved the fact you can eat when you want and what you want. The beds are narrow but comfortable. The only gripe is that the lounge in Abu Dhabi is dreadful. Its overcrowded and too small. To say this is their signature lounge is a joke. Passengers were sitting on the floor as there were not enough seats! This is part of the flight experience, but its letting the product down big time.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 June 2014 by Raymundo Licuanan    (Kuwait)

Flew KWI-AUH, and AUH-MNL on 15-16 May 2014, and then MNL-AUH and AUH-KWI on 8 June 2014 . In-flight food, service, entertainment in all flights, and Premium Lounge were quite superb. Staff were accommodating. Special lanes for the Business Class passengers now exists again. I had much better experience now, than the last flight I had with Etihad last December 2013 and January 2014.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  2 June 2014 by June Williams    (Australia)

Flew MEL-AUH-AMS. Seats were cramped. Food was pretty good and so was the entertainment. Flight attendants were ok but they were quite peculiar about giving you more water. Being on planes for more than 15+ hours, one gets dehydrated. Clean up after meals were too slow. It took them more than half an hour to come back and collect the rubbish. Transiting through Abu Dhabi was horrible. They make you go through security again, and on our flight back to Melbourne, we had to go through security twice. Boarding and transiting logistics needs to be looked at it's it not streamlined, overlaps and absolutely chaotic. Other than the transiting in Abu Dhabi, flight was pleasant.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  30 May 2014 by S Neela Sukhanya    (India)

On our outward trip from Abu Dhabi to Johannesburg I was allocated seat no 22c and my husband was allocated seat no 22a next to me, but for reasons unknown ground staff decided to change my husbands seat to 26g. This was done without consulting us. Assuming that the passenger seated next to me must have made a specific request for that seat, I was surprised to learn from her that she has made no such request. When I pointed this out to the air hostess she was apologetic though it was not her fault. For a flight of 9 hours my husband and I were made to sit apart. On our return from Johannesburg to Abu Dhabi we a group of 9 adults who are strict vegetarians had to make do with bread and juice and a couple of packets of nuts as our meal request for avml or asian vegetarian meal was not showing in their system. To sum it up our experience with Etihad was bad and the only saving grace was the air hostesses who were very considerate.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  26 May 2014 by Pamela Anthony    (Malaysia)

Travelled from KUL to Munich early May and awaiting my return flight at Munich airport. Flight to Munich was delayed by an hour with no explanation or apology by the pilot. On the return flight I asked to be upgraded to business class and was quite happy to pay a surcharge but was shocked that the surcharge was the price of my Return Economy. Seats are cramped and uncomfortable and in flight entertainment is terrible. I will never ever fly Etihad ever again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  26 May 2014 by Vivien Simon    (Australia)

The crew that make the difference on a journey. SYD-AUH-LHR in April 2014. The crew from Sydney were far superior to the AUH-LHR crew. Both were competent but the first crew were better. The comfort level is high in Business Class and the starlight effect in the cabin is lovely. The food on varies from good to excellent, depending on choice. The wine list is quite nice, but I hope next time they will have changed their champagne.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  26 May 2014 by E Laher    (South Africa)

The service on Etihad is possibly the worst. Booked special meals which never arrived on a long haul flight from Johannesburg to Abu Dhabi. The same happen on our flight from Jeddah to Abu Dhabi. The seating on flights to and from South Africa is really poor, On our flight 21 April 2014, two emergency exist doors did not operate. Delays experienced on at least 2 hours from Jeddah and Abu Dhabi.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  26 May 2014 by M Yeasin    (USA)

17 hours I was in Abu Dhabi international airport on my way to New York because the flight EY 253 was delay about one hour. It was not only me, there were about 20 passengers from different countries also sitting on chair for delay. The airport people only gave us two meal voucher nothing else.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax