Ethiopian Airlines Passenger Reviews and Ethiopian Airlines Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Ethiopian Airlines customer review :  23 February 2011 by Anders Pedersen   (Denmark)

KGL-NBO-ADD-BKK B737/B767-300. Departure from Kigali rescheduled and delayed one hour on which I was not informed despite being registered in all systems. Suddenly included a most unnecessary stop in Nairobi making a saving as they combine 2 flights to one with the discomfort of far boarding passengers. Business Lounge in Kigali a joke - given a budget by Ethiopian of 10 USD to purchase food and drinks. As food alone costs 10 USD, all drinks are on one’s own. First time in life I have experienced such limit. Addis to BKK on time. Special meal ordered was not acknowledged but happened by chance to make a good match with days menu (2 options). Wines very sparse, basically only 1 option of each red, white, and champagne which is on the lower side on business class. Lounge in Addis T2 acceptable with pro and cons. Food good, plenty, conservative. No cheese were offered. Entertainment provided no choice. Staff friendly, willing to learn, and proactive.

Ethiopian Airlines customer review :  23 January 2011 by N Hopkins   (USA)

ADD-GDQ-ADD. Seating one class, 2x2. Vegetarian sandwiches close to inedible. Decent selection of non-alcoholic drinks. Both flights on-time. Friendly, attentive service given the short, one-hour flight time.

Ethiopian Airlines customer review :  21 January 2011 by N Hopkins   (USA)

IAD-ADD-IAD business class on B777. Comfortable seats, angled lie-flat. Friendly, attentive service. Excellent meals and snacks, good selection of drinks. Non-stop IAD-ADD, on the return a one hour layover at FCO. Only seven 7 out of 34 seats occupied IAD-ADD, and only ten occupied ADD-IAD.

Ethiopian Airlines customer review :  15 January 2011 by Anders Pedersen   (Denmark)

BKK-ADD-KGL B67-300 and B737. BKK departure on time. Departure from Addis 3 hours delayed due to mechanical error” (change of aircraft). New terminal 1 in Addis starts now to operate all regional flights but is far from geared to it yet. It is under construction, no internet, Tax Free of 12 sq m size. Airport monitors misleading as they just report everything to schedule and oppress or hide delays, pretending that all departures are on time. Same route also delayed the following day by 1 hr 30 mins. Lounge in Addis acceptable with pro and cons. Onboard : a solid, old fashioned business class concept like for the same airline 15 years ago. Seat very limited recline, no personal IFE but does not make much difference as there is hardly any IFE anyway. Wines not up to standard and not those on printed on winecard. Food good and plenty. Choice of beers and cheese good with a variety of excellent Ethiopian products. Entertainment provided no choices. Staff friendly, very neat, service-minded, proactive.

Ethiopian Airlines customer review :  30 December 2010 by A Kumar   (India)

DEL-PEK-DEL Business Class. Outbound check-in surprised to find that there was no dedicated check-in for business class. Boarding was swift and departure on time. Boeing 757-300 was not appropriate for 7 hour flight to Beijing. The product was outdated with old recliner style seats arranged 2x2 with decent legroom and was clean and well-mantained considering the age. IFE from mainscreen was poor and a problem on a day-time flight. Two meals were offered - hot canapes inedible and out of place even in economy class. FAs attentive and professional. A few hours later lunch was served, which was much better with generous portions and good quality. Arrival in Beijing was without any hassles. Beijing-Delhi check-in was a mess in spite of a dedicated business class counter - unfriendly and inept staff. The whole process took over twenty minutes. Old Boeing 767 with the same seats but PTV's - IFE choice was limited with 3 movies running on loops. Hardly, inspiring considering AVOD being a norm now even on many regional carriers. The dinner was of a high standard. The real issues came when I landed in Delhi. In spite of a new terminal, Ethiopian had no clear signage as to where the bags were being delivered. Subsequently upon finding the correct conveyer belt I discovered my priority tagged luggage had not been off-loaded with the conveyer belt showing bags delivered for the flight. The same was with another passenger on the flight. Ethopian Airlines staff could not be found and when we finally found one, we came across one of the most unhelpful and petulent staff I have come across. The person was firstly dismissive stating bags would come in later until we had to show him the screen on the conveyer belt. Finally, he picked up his cell phone and dialled someone asking for two black bags. No attempt was made to check on the baggage ticket numbers. Finally, we waited another ten minutes until he stated that it was time for him to go home and the bags would be delivered. We had to involve the customer service desk at Delhi airport who were helpful and ensured that we were attended to. Planes old, punctuality good and inflight service excellent, but the outdated product, poor ground handling at Beijing and Delhi are major negatives.

Ethiopian Airlines customer review :  28 December 2010 by F Bent   (Canada)

Bahir Dar to Addis, Addis to Lalibela return and Addis to London, pleased with the service. They gave a lunch on domestic flights - better than in Canada. My complaint would be the lack of an individual TV screen on Addis-London flight, but I rarely use the IFE.

Ethiopian Airlines customer review :  27 December 2010 by Joyce Vera   (USA)

One of the worst long distance flight experiences I have had. IAD to Addis Ababa return with an additional 3 Ethiopian domestic leg. Not one flight left on time with absolutely no explanation from Ethiopian. Return flight from Addis to Washington DC left 3 hours late which resulted in missing my connections. I was advised that someone from Ethiopian would be available upon arrival to rebook my continuing flight. Not only was no one there it took another 3 hours to finally get some help from them and then they were so slow I missed the connection they booked me on. 4 people inside the Ethiopian office and 3 of the 4 doing nothing except talking on their personal cell phones. Inflight experience wasn't much better. My TV monitor had no sound, the monitor in the empty seat next to me didn't work at all, and I left my flight attendant light on for 4 hours and not one attendant ever responded to it. The only positive comment I have is their 777 coach class was comfortable.

Ethiopian Airlines customer review :  14 December 2010 by Richard Cross   (USA)

LLW to TLV via Addis. LLW to Addis in 737-700, bit delayed but flight was positive. Business Class seats in 737 superior to those in South African Airways and lack of entertainment. Food was good. ADD-TLV in B757, business seat was old style, food good and staff cordial and attentive. Surprised how Addis airport remains a smoking facility. Airport very basic.

Ethiopian Airlines customer review :  31 October 2010 by K Nicklin   (UK)

I will never travel Ethiopian Airlines again. After a technical fault with the plane on our return journey home, the plane was delayed and we missed all our connecting flights. The Cabin crew were rude, check in staff made numerous mistakes on our boarding passes including wrong time for boarding. They just repeated the programme on the onboard video, as it was a long flight.

Ethiopian Airlines customer review :  31 October 2010 by Keith Rogers   (Canada)

Business class Lusaka to Addis. Old Boeing 767 with 25 year old business class layout - very old and very tired, but a lot better than steerage and price not bad. Jet needs to be put out to pasture - the shake on takeoff unbelievable, even for a B767.

Ethiopian Airlines customer review :  23 October 2010 by W Turnbull   (South Africa)

Johannesburg to Bangkok return with a stopover. Was the worst flight experience I've ever had. Out of the 4 flights, not a single one left on time. Staff were generally unfriendly and unhelpful. Addis airport is about as basic as they come. The inflight experience was dismal. Cant remember the movie played but I do remember the picture quality is awful and the audio is out of sync. On my return trip I was delayed by over 24 hours and we were booked into a hotel for the night. The hotel was the only good part of the experience. For the delay we were given a 300 dollar flight voucher which I will not use regardless how cheap the flight is. Terrible airline.

Ethiopian Airlines customer review :  16 October 2010 by K Thebe   (UK)

Flew to Johannesburg from London via Ethiopia return. Quite impressed by the hostess hospitality. Food good, journey was smooth. The downer is no individual Inflight Entertainment. For the price it is a pleasant airline and I wouldn't mind using it again. When I got to Heathrow I couldn't find my luggage, but within 2 days it was delivered to my house intact.

Ethiopian Airlines customer review :  13 October 2010 by D Garware   (India)

BOM-ADD-LLW return, except on return leg had a 2 day stopover in ADD. On the outward journey BOM-ADD flight was delayed, so I almost missed my next connection. Flight left at 6.30 am (1.30 hr delay) so had no sleep so can't comment about food, entertainment as I was so tired that I woke up directly in ADD upon touchdown. ADD-LLW-ADD which was supposed to be direct both the times we halted in Lubumbashi, Congo DR! Due to this both times we arrived later than scheduled. LLW-ADD flight left 1hr before scheduled departure time! Getting visa on arrival at ADD was a joke and after that there was a long queue for customs clearance. It took 1.15 hr mins to get out! But staff courteous and food was not bad. Was so fed up that I paid and upgraded to Business for last leg (ADD-BOM). Old 757, Economy looked terrible, Business food and service was good.

Ethiopian Airlines customer review :  7 October 2010 by F Harle   (Tanzania)

DAR-ADD-LHR Business, return in Economy - this will be the last time I use the carrier. A 13 hour delay in Addis (cargo door couldn't be closed) - was not their fault - not giving us any information (captain came on over 2 hours later whilst we were sitting on the runway to say he thought we were all asleep and didn't want to wake us up!) certainly is their fault. Handled very badly. Return legs economy - ground staff at Heathrow are a complete joke.

Ethiopian Airlines customer review :  4 October 2010 by D Hopkins   (South Africa)

This has to be the worst airline I have ever flown. From late departures to no luggage at destination, to late arrival, missing connecting flights and spending the night on a bench (No accommodation at midnight) in Beijing. Just a mess from start to finish. The toilets were nothing but disgusting. On return to JNB our luggage was left in Addis with not a sole from the airline to give an explanation. Not the aircraft we were supposed to use but a 737 which I don't think can carry full pax and luggage and be able to carry the fuel on the leg Addis to JNB - so leave the luggage behind. The irate passengers was something to behold. Never again I say.

Ethiopian Airlines customer review :  4 October 2010 by C Parry   (South Africa)

ADD to JNB today. Staff at check in were friendly. Flight was good (service, food, on time, etc) but what a shock when we arrived in Johannesburg and were told that none of the passengers luggage had been loaded. Only the crews luggage and that of passengers who had hand luggage that was too big to be accommodated was on the carousel. We were given no explanation as to why our luggage had not been loaded. It is interesting that the crew were not inconvenienced - only the paying passengers! This is not a way to treat customers - there may have been good reasons for why the plane flew without our luggage but it would have been good manners for the Captain to have informed us of the situations during the flight (or on landing): the reasons for the decision to fly without our luggage and what steps would be taken to remedy the situation.

ETHIOPIAN AIRLINES customer review :  1 October 2010 by J Currie   (China)

HKG-Addis return business class, with stops in Bangkok in both directions. Ancient B767s but old style business class seat surprisingly comfortable and was able to sleep. IFE pretty much non-existent. HKG-Addis had personal screens in business class which did not work so movies played on large screen at front of cabin. On return flight no pretence of personal screens or IFE of any kind, and no films shown anywhere on the aircraft. Service friendly, responsive and unobtrusive, and superior to North American airlines. On return leg I was the sole business class passenger on Bangkok-HKG sector, and my priority bags were the very last to arrive at the carousel. Price is good, but I would only use this airline again if traveling to Addis from Asia, as the schedule is very convenient.

ETHIOPIAN AIRLINES customer review :  27 September 2010 by C Blackwood   (UK)

London Heathrow to Lusaka via Addis and Harare and back from Lusaka to London. Return journey very good, particularly Lusaka-Addis leg where the plane was half empty. Staff were helpful and friendly. Trip out from London not so good, took off about 9.30 but didn't get meal until 12.30 then took another hour to clear away before switching down cabin lights for sleep. But after reading the reviews it was better than I expected.

ETHIOPIAN AIRLINES customer review :  20 September 2010 by Andrew Greene   (Canada)

IAD to LUS via ADD in economy class return with a side trip to ZNZ. Inflight entertainment system worked only 20% of the time. Flights were all late by at least an hour with no explanation. Flight attendants were rude. The air conditioning broke while we waited for over an hour in 35 degree heat on the runway in ZNZ. Overall, a very poor experience.

ETHIOPIAN AIRLINES customer review :  29 August 2010 by A Molenberghs   (USA)

Ethiopian Airlines was the worst travel experience I have ever had. Dubai-Johannesburg and back via Addis Ababa for the World Cup. The outbound flight was late, missed our connection so had to stay overnight in Addis. Missed the first day of World Cup opening ceremony and game. On the way home, no luggage when we arrived in Dubai. Two pieces turned up after a few days, one was declared lost after 40 days. The customer service is terrible, the flights are always late and the Business Class we travelled was the worst business class I have ever flown with.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8