EOS Airlines Passenger Reviews and EOS Airlines Customer Trip Reports

No Ranking Awarded

Airport Reviews : A-Z Index

Customer Review scoring : EOS Airlines
8.9 out of 10  8.9 out of 10

27th April 2008 : EOS Airlines to close down operations after the collapse of the airline

EOS AIRLINES review :  21 February 2008 by Nick Edwards     (UK)

5 Star Rating

STN-JFK return. The outbound leg was very pleasant and the lack of seats meant the cabin was bright and airy. Food very good and the drinks were plentiful. The seat was firm but comfortable. Coming back on the 18.30 flight - and after a very brief couple of drinks put the chair down in to a bed, under the quilt and slept until 20 mins out from Stansted - the first time I've been able to sleep on a plane. I wasn't woken for breakfast - instead got a nice bag of pastries and chilled coffee to take with me. My only criticism would be the IFE and the limited choice of films - but when you can get 6 hours sleep who needs to sit through the night watching films?

EOS AIRLINES review :  21 February 2008 by Arron Zubier     (UAE)

5 Star Rating

STN-JFK return. I was extremely pleased with the service provided inflight and on the ground. The lounge at STN is small but well appointed, the sleeper beds are extremely comfortable. On departure from JFK we were escorted through to the Emirates Lounge which is delightful and on arrival at STN from landing to being outside took us 20mins. All in all a very pleasant experience.

EOS AIRLINES review :  15 February 2008 by N Place     (USA)

5 Star Rating

EOS is a great way to travel. Check-in and boarding very efficient and friendly. Food service was excellent, as was lie flat seat with sheets and duvet. The flight attendants are excellent, providing a professional service. On arrival in Stansted, I was on the street within 15 minutes of the flight landing.

EOS AIRLINES review :  11 February 2008 by Simon Greenway     (UK)

5 Star Rating

Travelled for the first time this week with EOS out of Stansted to JFK. The whole experience was a pleasure from beginning to end. Easy check in at Stansted, comfortable lounge very near the gate, quick and efficient loading. With only 44 seats it hardly needs to be a lengthy process. The staff were attentive and friendly, food was excellent. This is not a regular trip for me but I will certainly use EOS again.

EOS AIRLINES review :  7 February 2008 by J Morris     (USA)

5 Star Rating

JFK-STN, and return. This being my third round trip with EOS, I relied on past experience to enjoy the full benefits of the service, such as the Emirates lounge at JFK and the day room upon arrival at STN. EOS service has not faltered in the slightest, flight attendants addressing and serving their customers. I was pleased to see the flights were nearly full, hopefully an indication that EOS will expand and continue its top-of-the-line service.

EOS AIRLINES review :  30 November 2007 by M Labanich     (USA)

5 Star Rating

JFK-STN : efficient check in. Emirates lounge first rate, in fact on this 8:40pm flight instead of having a late dinner on the plane consider eating in the lounge, as everything from filet mignon to vegetarian egg rolls, premium bar is available. Boarding stress free. The cabin was clean, modern and cabin crew young, efficient and appeared to enjoy themselves. The 2x2 sleeper seats/ pods are very comfortable, with pillows and duvet cover. The window seat is configured slightly behind the aisle pod. On one hand this is great because it enhances privacy and you don't have to look at your seat mate - however if you are sitting in the upright position and your sea tmate is reclined, you have an uncomfortable look at their feet. Stansted airport is a fantastic alternative to LHR, customs took 5 minutes, and Stansted Express train into central London very efficient.

EOS AIRLINES review :  22 October 2007 by Gary King     (UK)

4 Star Rating

STN-JFK. Check in and processing through fast track security very efficient. EOS dedicated lounge at Stansted is clean and quiet but lacks toilets, so you have to use facilities in the main terminal. Boarding relaxed but aircraft is drab - you enter an environment dominated by grey (with many shades). Crew efficient and friendly but the dark grey uniform just adds to the gloom. Food and service (and choice) was excellent and beyond my experience of normal business class standard. The fully flat seat was very comfortable with plenty of width but the portable video system seemed to be a cheap add on, and did not include a map display. Sharing a Boeing 757 with 47 other passengers clearly has advantages in terms of easy boarding and exit. Its a great concept with good service and I hope that EOS can develop similar routes from other UK airports which are not as difficult to get to from the rest of the UK as Stansted.

EOS AIRLINES review :  11 October 2007 by Nick Power     (UK)

5 Star Rating

Having just returned from another EOS flight I am still very impressed the service was faultless very attentive crew who catered for every need with a really welcoming and warm personal touch the plane was clean although the toilets require attention as they seem very old and dirty! in summary better then Virgin Atlantic now days who seem to have totally lost the plot in Upper Class.

EOS Airlines- by J Morris

10 August 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

JFK-STN and return. This being my second EOS experience, I was still very impressed by the level of in-person service and quality of meals and lounges. Food and service departing Stansted was superior to that leaving Kennedy. Oasis lounge, which is used in lieu of the Emirates lounge for the 10:55PM flight, is far inferior to the Emirates experience - be sure to book one of the two earlier flights to enjoy one of the best lounges in existence before you board. We arrived early at Stansted for our 1pm flight, and EOS staff worked quickly and helpfully to book us on the 10:30am flight instead at no charge. Overall a great experience, though I do echo some fellow passengers' comments about EOS' customer service (not in person). Due to EOS delays on my last trip, I missed my connecting Delta flight at JFK and had to book a new flight the following morning, a hotel at JFK, and a $120 taxi ride to fly out of Newark. EOS customer service assured me that they would gladly reimburse me for the hotel and taxi; however 8 months later no such action has taken place. I have emailed their general email address with a variety of questions on different occasions and have never received a reply... I'm not sure that they even monitor their email. Great airline with great potential, but they seem to unfortunately let many administrative matters fall through the cracks.

EOS Airlines- by Veronica Holden

7 August 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 5 Star Rating

My son and I flew with EOS for the first time at the beginning of July. All staff both on the ground and onboard were pleasant and helpful. The meal out of Stansted was superior to the one from JFK. The seats are comfortable and the flat bed option along with the darkened cabin made the return fight overnight wonderful as I slept for 5 hours solid. We were met by staff in the baggage hall who had arranged trolleys for passengers and was able to tell us that the short wait was due to the hold doors being frozen.

EOS Airlines- by G Howarth

27 July 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 1 Star Rating

Booked EOS over the phone for two adults and one infant and was charged over $900 to have the baby on our laps. When we tried to check in, EOS had no record of the infant booking and made us pay again before they let us on the plane! Took over an hour to check in and the ground staff were unhelpful. The flight was good, except for no changing tables in the bathroom - a first for any airline I've flown. Similar situation on the return from Stansted, when it took an hour to check in. EOS has no customer service except for an email address to address complaints. I emailed about being charged twice and after a week received no reply. Miraculously, when I called and got to speak to a supervisor I had a refund in a matter of hours. My advice: don't fly EOS with small children; take your receipt (not just a confirmation number) to the airport; don't waste time being polite as they seem to respond only to threats of legal action.

EOS Airlines- by David MacMillan

25 June 2007  Customer Trip Rating : n/a

London Stansted to JFK return. Superb service on full flights both ways. Attentive and professional crew and excellent service. Very comfortable seats that convert fully flat, better than BA first class, with privacy and ease of access for window seats. Excellent food and wine;quick meal option. Lots of pillows duvets etc. and very quiet and dark return flight allows maximum sleep. Personal entertainment devices with Bose sound reduction earphones. Large choice of video and music. Lounge at Stansted OK and Emirates lounge at JFK superb with pre-departure dining. Check-in and fast track at both airports quick and baggage reclaim, but lots of hand baggage allowed from JFK. Fast customs at Stansted but airport is generally grimy. US immigration rude and slow. Time keeping very good. Best service I have ever had over the Atlantic and definitely a 5 star airline.

EOS Airlines- by M Kamarck

19 January 2007  Customer Trip Rating : n/a

Our experience on 15 Jan. JFK-STN was consistent with other comments -- with supplement that staff seem to have gained experience and polish over time. With the expedited check-in and security and quick exit from plane and through immigration control at the other end, much of the stress of travel was eliminated, and I slept like a lamb for 5 full hours. It's worth menitoning also that the car service (in my case from STN to Cambridge in a Benz S series) also went smoothly and was a great convenience. Finally, from history so far at least, it appears that Eos isn't plagued with the maintenance gremlins that make a MAXjet trip such a roll of the dice.

EOS Airlines- by Iain Hatfield

9 January 2007

Apart from the good value business class service it's great to be on an aircraft with only max 48 people on board. Makes boarding and disembarking so easy. The staff were all friendly, attentive and efficient. Food very good. Emirates lounge at JFK a pleasure. Stansted lounge only just big enough.

EOS Airlines- by Murray Emerson

28 August 2006

We used Eos from Stansted for the first time on the weekend that the extra security measures were enforced - no hand luggage, no liquids, long delays and total chaos all round - except at the Eos check-in where there were at least 6 staff serving 3 customers. We checked in very fast, were escorted to the express security line and were through in about 5 minutes. We were pinching ourselves to see if it was real! From start to finish we felt like first class passengers, it's such a fantastic personal service. And it was even better on the way back. It's a bore coming in to JFK for Manhattan business, but still worth it for the overall service, especially for those of us who live nearer Stansted than the other airports. We'll never travel with any other airline to New York again.

EOS Airlines- by Liz Fuller

13 May 2006

STN-JFK return. Beds are great, service and ease superb and Stansted is so easy. Stansted Lounge needs a bit of improvement, would like to have inflight broadband but I am sure these will come . If you normally fly BA, Virgin or American Airlines in Business or First then you must give EOS a go.

EOS Airlines- by Joseph Solomkin

6 March 2006

JFK-STN. Truly an outstanding trip. The check-in assistant was gracious and escorted me through security to TSA. The Emirates lounge is wonderful-and empty since the Emirates flight isn't until 11pm. Cabin (a 757 with 48 seats) is luxurious. The food and beverage service were immediate, and food as good as it can be - even small portions. Seats flat, comfortable, with a sheet, lined blanket, and real pillow. Stansted is about two levels up from LHR or LGW - a medium-sized airport in the US but rapidly transited with a same-length train to Liverpool Street. The STN lounge is really a walled-off area near the gate-serves great appetizers, cheese, etc. Only real problem is that the 9pm arrival at JFK means a hotel (and there are no good ones near JFK) if a connecting flight is required - as it is to CVG. That part is a deal breaker for EOS coming back to the US.

EOS Airlines- by Bill Rosenthal

10 February 2006

JFK-STN and back again same day (after a quick meeting near STN). Attention at check-in (personal greeting, escort through security) best I've received. Emirates lounge at JFK is very serene - none of the bells and whistles of BA or VS but good food (full buffet available), quiet and luxurious surroundings. Since total pax was small we stayed in lounge until escorted to plane by EOS staff. At JFK, pilot introduced himself to each PAX and asked if we had any questions as he worked the Emirates lounge - a first for me! (don't know if it was his idea of EOS (since I didn't get same on return) but it was a nice touch. Dedicated lounge at STN : nothing special - a nice selection of canapes, free wireless - still has an "under construction" feel as it was clearly carved from a section of the terminal (no dedicated lavs, etc.). Nice to spend a short while before flight - wouldn't want to be stuck there 2 hours beforehand (v Emirates was a more typical high-end lounge). Nicely done 757 - very much like herringbone pattern of seats; for the first time I was =comfortable at the window as free access to/from aisle without disturbing aisle occupant. Seating not as fancy or luxurious as VS, SIA or other first class "suites" (standard grey covering and a more austere look vs. woods/metals and curvy look) - but I found the comfort of the seat to be very nice. Like the round bolster pillow in lieu of lumbar seat control. Nice pillows, amenity kit (though I like socks better than slippers), prefer the duvet of VS or SIA but, as far as a blanket goes, the wool blanket with cotton lining was the most comfortable I've been given on a plane. FA experience was very, very good. Both flights were booked light (return had more FA's than PAX) and they couldn't have been nicer. I was seated just behind the wing so it was quiet - can understand why pax closer to front would be bothered by the light/activity coming from the galley. EOS turns overhead cabins lights completely off during flight (outbound and return both at night). Takes awhile to get used to very dark cabin (only lighting coming from the few seat lights that were on and light spilling from galleys and near lavs) but a nice calm experience. IFE was mediocre. "PEA" handheld unit isn't that great (Fujitsu laptop with custom keyboard and attached extended battery); hard to find a comfortable position; movie choices were good though TV choices were old; noise-cancelling headphones nice touch - thought handheld IFE on Maxjet was nicer. Food very good. Somewhat above what you'd expect from transatlantic J class and below transatlantic F class. Food plentiful and no complaints. On outbound, I asked for "express meal" and it was that - served within 10 minutes and allowed me to sleep. Tiny, typical 757 lavs make it hard to freshen up and I wish (for the price) that we'd get real towels v paper. At $3,500 full price, it's better than competitor's regular J class but still feel it's a lot for the $; at discounted (some 2K and below) price, quite the value considering all you get. STN a pleasure - yes a little harder to get into and out of from Central London but terminal door to airside lounge took less than 10 minutes and, on arrival, went from plane to baggage claim in same. No arrivals lounge at STN but free use of health club showers (nothing special here) at attached Radisson hotel. I used day room (GBP40 rate) at the hotel which was new, clean, comfortable. I thought the rate was good though, considering ticket cost and lack of upgraded lounge facilities at STN, might offer day rooms for free since I don't expect many PAX will use them anyway. T4 at JFK also easy to deal with - went right through special security line and late JFK arrival meant we were the only ones in line. Overall, agree you're getting pretty close to an F class experience (flat bed, linens, kits, personal service) at J price. Different product than MaxJet (J product at premium Y price) and I believe each comes pretty close to hitting their mark. First transatlantic on a narrow body aircraft - after a short while you don't even notice it. With only 48 seats on a 757, it feels more open than a full QF or BA first class section on a 747-400. New FF program looks like it's very generous. Also, I received call from EOS concierge the day before my flight to confirm and offer free sedan service from STN to my meeting - unexpected and very nice touch. Made the sting of ticket price a little less. Will fly EOS again.

EOS Airlines- by Jose Martin-Rodriguez

2 February 2006

New York-Stansted, Premium Business. Check-In was fair. Lounge at JFK belongs to Emirates - facilities are fair to good with good staff service. Seats are flat beds, but in the aisle seats you are frequently disturbed by the staff walking around. In-flight entertainment was poor. Washroom is small like in all airplanes. Staff attitude and friendliness was good, but inexperienced. In summary, it does not rank as a Premium Business Class. While it may improve in the future, right now it does not merit the inconveniences of flying to Stansted apart from the advantage of it being a smaller airport than Heathrow. The staff needs further experience and training. I skipped dinner to sleep straight away., but the serving of other passengers was noisy and disturbing. During the night, staff spent too much time at the front galley without closing the curtains and disturbing the rest period of the flight to the forward cabin passengers. They missed my breakfast that I ordered before going to sleep - and tried to compensate by presenting me with a bottle of wine. This upset me, as not only did I miss the breakfast but I had no time to refreshen up before landing.

EOS Airlines- by David Moss

4 January 2006

My son and I used EOS to fly JFK-STN-JFK in mid-December 2005 . From JFK EOS use Emirates lounge and the food there excellent - none of Virgin's touches but great grub. The 757 aircraft is configured comfortably and with an overhead bin per pax - no need for checked baggage. Menu and winelist are beyond business class expectations and the entertainment system kept us occupied - especially on the West-bound flight. FAs make up the beds on opposite side of the aisle for sleeping .Seats narrower than on wide-body aircraft, but lie flat and comfortable. We found Stansted much more convenient than LHR in every respect, other than airport shopping - which is very limited. The best value we've had on long haul travel.