Emirates Airline Passenger Reviews and Emirates Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Emirates Passenger Reviews and Emirates customer trip Reports

Emirates Customer review :  13 January 2014 by Tercon Bojan    (Singapore)

Perhaps it really doesn't quite get any better than this. Traveling in Emirates suites on the 777-300ER from Bangkok to Amsterdam is pure luxury and there are less than a handful of airlines that can compete with this product. The suite is luxuriously appointed, very private and the seat converts into a very plush bed. You may as well be flying in a private jet. The service is impeccable. From the champagne, Arabic coffee and dates that greet you prior to take-off, to the a la carte food menu that you can choose to eat at any time, the service is attentive, friendly but not over-bearing. Perhaps the only complaint for the 777-300ER product would be that the lavatories are a bit cramped. Given that you want to change into your pj's prior to take-off, there could be a bit more space to change.

Emirates Customer review :  13 January 2014 by J Freeman-Duffy    (Australia)

First Leg was SYD-DXB then DXB-DUB and return was LHR-DXB then DXB-SYD. First leg was great journey considering was on the A380, so much space and room to move about the aircraft. Inflight entertainment was excellent so much on offer (all four flights) maybe too much on offer. Was hard to pick what to watch. Food was decent though I did order special meals to get served first. Second Leg was in a B777-300 this flight was jammed full! Limited seat pitch and hard to get out of the seats and crowded. Staff on this flight very slow and a smile seemed to difficult. LHR-DXB was excellent although the purser seemed a bit childish! Flight wasn't full but still busy. Now the DXB-SYD this were the troubles begin! Check in agent in LHR doesn't check all the way through to the final stop. Got to the gate in DXB wasn't checked in, came as a shock so spent 13 hours in Dubai which thanks to Qantas was made easy not Emirates. DXB-SYD night flight with night arrival. Flight was full but once again on an A380 so made that journey a little easier. Overall a good journey with Emirates!

Emirates Customer review :  13 January 2014 by C Koebele    (UAE)

Business class Dubai to Los Angeles - 16 hour flight, regular fare and the entertainment system did not work on my seat, kept resetting itself. Cabin attendant friendly, but apart from resetting (which he did about 5-6 times) he didn't offer any other options. After nearly 3 hours I asked for the purser who re-set yet again twice and finally offered a change of seat. The selection of the entertainment wasn't great. Food average. I took another trip in December, to Europe, again due to the direct connection, but again very poor selection on entertainment and food was not good at all. I would book Emirates again or recommend to family/friends, but only if the price is much lower than other options.

Emirates Customer review :  10 January 2014 by B Bouvard    (Hong Kong)

Flew from HK to Lyon via Dubai for Xmas holiday. I usually fly with Cathay but this trip with Emirates was much cheaper this time and since I had never tried Emirates before I gave it a try. Overall it was good but I think it depends on the aircraft you are in. For HK to Dubai was in a Boeing 777, seems a brand new one, inflight entertainment was excellent! For Dubai to Lyon was in a A340-500, not bad either but the inflight entertainment was not as great as the on the Boeing. For the return trip was in a A330, inflight entertainment was really disappointing. Food was ok as well as staff. Compared to Cathay, I would say that Emirates' crew is not as friendly as Cathay's (less smile, seem to be quite "cold" sometimes). Nevertheless for the value for money I think I will fly again with them.

Emirates Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Dave Houlihan    (UAE)

DXB-DUB - Business class out and Y class back. Gold Member. The experience is a mixed bag, outward in Biz pick up on time. Flight on time, lounge is to me nothing but an upgrade from the main terminal with free food and drink. Staff all look over stretched and it is not in comparison to other leading airlines where you can have a quiet zone to work. Its over crowded , busy and too open meaning that all sounds travel. Flight fine, very full. Staff did their job but lacked any interaction skills. Return in Y, again flight over booked, their policy of 3x4x3 seating on the 777 is just too tight. ICE as ever was good and staff were not attentive, pressed the call button numerous time , they walked past me. Vanished for over 2-3 hours mid flight. Food on both legs was terrible, had ordered a low cholesterol meal with low fat. Both times a salad with lettuce and tomato no dressing and fish in biz class was actually burnt so bad to was like plastic. I asked for an alternative and they had Biriyani. You get better in Y class on Saudia for a 1.5 hour flight. In Y class on return chicken breast that you could put through a window and white rice, inedible. Its a pity Qatar don't start entering this route as I would gladly fly them in future. Emirates are expanding at a fast track rate but seem to be loosing the edge when maintaining standards.

Emirates Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Sjoholm Magnus    (Sweden)

In December, I flew Emirates on 4 different occasions, from Copenhagen to Dubai/Bangkok, and I'm sorry to say, that I was disappointed. The most annoying was the slow and confusing service of the cabin crew, it took more than 2 hours for them to serve anything on each of the flights, and it seemed like they were all trainees. On the first flight, we had great, large new screens for the inflight entertainment system, but on the other flights the planes were equipped with an earlier version, which was not at all as good. The check in and boarding procedures worked fine, although there are always a lot of people who don't understand the boarding priorities. The food and beverage were of average quality, and you more or less had to go and ask for the drinks by yourself. I will travel with Emirates again, if I will get a good price, but not for the comfort and service level.

Emirates Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Clara Anthonyamy    (UK)

Kuala Lumpur to London Heathrow on 5th January 2014. The prices are reasonable and the service is quite good. 2 years ago, I felt the attitude of the cabin crew was poor so I avoided the airline after that. The staff were not responding to calls and was even rude to passengers. This year I thought I'd use Emirates again. I rang my call button twice and both times, it took them more than half an hour to respond. They just didn't seemed bothered about serving. The food was served very late. In summary, Emirates is a good airline but they just need to buck up with the cabin crew service.

Emirates Customer review :  8 January 2014 by R Rowe    (Australia)

MEL-AKL-MEL, A380. Check in was easy and pleasant staff onboard were professional and helpful. Emirates are fantastic when travelling with children. A380 aircraft is comfortable and pleasant to travel in and the bar at 40 thousand feet a wow factor. Food was good for airline food. Ice entertainment excellent. I would recommend.

Emirates Customer review :  8 January 2014 by Dave Andrew    (UK)

GLA-DXB-BKK-DXB-GLA. I flew from Glasgow on the evening flight to Dubai on EK 026 on 10 Dec and have to say the service from the cabin crew was outstanding and very friendly. Meals and drinks were given in good quantities and the service was fantastic for a night flight. Well done, However next flight on EK 372 to Bangkok on the A380 was appalling and inappropriate for the standard of Emirates. No bar service bad food and poor cabin crew. I feel bad in saying this. Return flight was on 07 Jan on EK 371 evening flight to Dubai service was again outstanding, friendly cabin crew, poor food as only breakfast but it was a late night flight. Good full bar service and outstanding cabin crew which did an excellent job. Last flight was on EK027 and the cabin crew were excellent, food was very good and a good bar service which was up to Emirates high standards. I have been flying with Emirates for over 10 years and reached Gold status but now have Blue status. I feel that overall Emirates is excellent, good value for money have excellent cabin crew which fly on modern aircraft with a good safety record. The downside is the A380 flights are a hit and miss and overrated. Also I feel Emirates has expanded too quickly to take on other middle east airlines and that the Emirates high standards are falling.

Emirates Customer review :  6 January 2014 by M Yeatman    (Australia)

SYD-AKL-MEL, A380. Very disappointing, I have flown Emirates about 10 times and it is consistently deteriorating now to the point where it is not worth bothering with. The previously generous and hi-spec economy meals have been replaced with a smaller tray with much lower quality food. The crew on both flights were unprofessional to the point of it being quite sad, on the first flight the service was a shambolic mess and on the second they were far more concerned with flirting with each other and chatting rather than serving passengers. Call bells were never answered, meal service took far too long on both flights and the toilets were utterly revolting despite the newish aircraft. Only good part is the IFE. Sorry to say I won't fly Emirates ever again.

Emirates Customer review :  6 January 2014 by N Siotto    (UAE)

DXB-FCO-DXB with A380-800. Wonderful experience starts at the A380 dedicated hub, a modern brand new mall with excellent food and shopping offering. Boarding despite the aircraft size and the number of fellow passengers is fairly fast. Seating is spacious, and the seat when laid back moves both the back and the seat giving the feeling of having double the inclination and increasing the comfort. Food was served and it was very tasty, probably one my best experience in economy class. The entertainment screen was outstanding, endless channels, games and not to mention the WIFI available onboard and the fact that mobile was working perfectly while cruising at 39000 feet. Amazing experience for an economy class flight both outbound and inbound.

Emirates Customer review :  6 January 2014 by K Lakshmanan    (Singapore)

Flew from Melbourne to Singapore on First with my wife. Two cars came to pick us up from the hotel and after insisting that one is enough for both of us and our baggage, I sent of the other car. Check-in was pretty quick and the staff at the counter noticed that it was my wife's birthday so he chatted with us while processing our baggage. Immigration clearance was done swiftly with the fast track card. Spent an hour at the lounge before making our way to the boarding gate. FAs welcomed us warmly and ushered us to our suites. I have planned to surprise my wife with a cake so I arranged for it over the phone with Emirates contact centre way before my travel date. The suite was big as A380's (We flew on a B777-300ER) and the crew were excellent. Pre-take off drink with nuts, Arabic coffee with dates, cold towels, Bvlgari amenity kits, Pyjamas and Menu card were distributed while taxing for take-off. They offered an a la carte dinning with wide variety of selections. The food was fantastic. Especially the Arabic mezze (a must try). Restaurant quality food and the service were efficient. Plates were cleared promptly and the next course was served on time. The chief FA came by my seat and requested to meet him at the business class galley so that we plan for the surprise without attracting too much attention from my wife. He showed me the cake and I bought a gift from the on-board DFS. They brought the cake with tiny lights around it and greeted her. They took plenty of Polaroid photos of us. It was a very memorable flight for both of us.

Emirates Customer review :  6 January 2014 by Elliott Patricia    (UK)

I flew with my husband on our first Emirates flight on EK434 and EK435 Business Class to Brisbane in November, we usually fly BA or Singapore Airlines. I have a few comments to make on the trip first of all the food and drink service was appalling. We had to wait for service, were omitted on several occasions and by the time the drink came around the meal was finished. I asked for drinks on a number of occasions and didn't get it even using 2 different male/female cabin crew. I had to get up myself and go to the bar for water on several occasions to find the staff chatting quite happily in the rear oblivious to the alert light I had pressed for assistance . But the most disappointing part of the trip was on the short stopover in Dubai business Lounge on the return flight, we expected to have a shower and change. The facilities in Dubai were pathetic, there were queues and the turnover in cleaning the shower cubicles was painfully slow. We gave up and continued on our journey without refreshing, the Business lounge in Dubai leaves much to be desired, it is difficult to find food and the way it is designed could definitely be improved. After British Airways and Singapore Airlines and Qantas we would put it bottom of the list.

Emirates Customer review :  6 January 2014 by C Price    (France)

ZRH-DXB-MRU, 8/12/13, Business out. Business is is OK but not "world class". Staff are attentive but not all the time ! Return in economy. Emirates economy must be one of the most uncomfortable experiences of any airline. 10 seats abreast on a 777, no footrest on the DXB-MRU leg on an old aircraft. Emirates must be one of the most overrated airlines on this site.

Emirates Customer review :  3 January 2014 by D Borillo    (Spain)

MAD-DXB-NRT-DXB-MAD. All flights served with 777-200LR and 777-300ER. All flights left on time and arrived on time or early. Seats were comfortable enough as to manage some hours sleep and seat pitch adequate, it didn't feel that cramped as stated in previous reviews but I guess because I picked the two seat row at the very end of the cabin. All seats I preselected were honoured which was nice. Outbound I did online check-in which worked fine and used the dedicated online check-in counter at Madrid which permitted me to skip the long queues for economy check-in. On board cabin crew were polite and hard working, specially on the NRT-DXB leg. All requests were promptly met and you could ask for any kind of drinks and snacks between meals. Food was nice and tasty and portions adequate with several options to choose from I missed breakfast service on MAD-DXB leg though. IFE is the highlighted point of Emirates, selection of movies is huge in so many different languages, Big high resolution screens and an easy to navigate system. A great experience overall and looking forward to fly with them again.

Emirates Customer review :  3 January 2014 by Handoko Taniwidjojo    (Indonesia)

We were a group of 4 that flew AKL-MEL in EK 403 (QF 8761) on Dec 25. It was a very pleasant flight with A-380.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax