Emirates Airline Passenger Reviews and Emirates Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Emirates Passenger Reviews and Emirates customer trip Reports

Emirates Customer review :  23 January 2014 by J Springthorpe    (UK)

BKK-DXB, Jan 2014. Bangkok Emirates lounge ancient, tiny and poorly laid out. Food and beverage choice was however very good. Boarding gate minutes+ from lounge. A380 upper deck boarding via air bridge. Very friendly and welcoming crew, they seem to love the A380 and explaining its features to passengers, actively inviting you to come for a drink in the lounge bar. Impressive seat as anticipated, comfortable and spacious with good privacy. Mini bar at seat is a nice touch but nobody wants to drink warm pepsi or fruit juice when you can get a more refreshing drink at the touch of a button or walk to the bar. Massive screen but I remain un-impressed with the range of films and TV programmes on offer. Red eye service, cabin lights nice and dim throughout the flight. Full dining service offered despite the 1am departure time, with a breakfast served before arrival. Skipped the meal, had drinks and canapés at the bar. Nice feature of the Emirates A380, but bar seems to have little space for stock and they constantly run out of things and the poor crew are backwards and forwards from the galley constantly. Lie flat bed was extremely comfortable, more so than the 777-300ER beds and combined with the seat liner and nice blankets it was brilliant. Best sleep ever on long haul. Breakfast prior to arrival was decisively average yet again, tried the cold cuts and cheese as had enough of the hot offerings and the meat was off poor quality with tasteless cheese. Arrival into Dubai as on time. Very pleasant experience overall, A380 is spacious, luxurious and a smooth quiet ride on upper deck.

Emirates Customer review :  23 January 2014 by J Springthorpe    (UK)

DXB-MAN, Jan 2014. Dubai lounge again was very satisfactory, stunning array of food and beverages on offer and very busy for all the early morning wave. Boarding on time and direct to aircraft from lounge via a lift. Upper deck boarding via air bridge. Crew friendly and welcoming on the whole, some perhaps just business friendly. Menu for flight looks far more enticing than previous sectors. Extremely friendly and efficient steward from Dubai himself was looking after me. Very attentive throughout. Seat again is fantastic, but this time a LH window seat with minibar to the window and seat more to the aisle - does not feel as private. Under window stowage is also hard to access. Variety of appetisers and sweets at the bar was great on this sector and the Manchester born girl manning the bar was chatty and genuine. Skipped breakfast and snacked at the bar on and off. Dinner service before arriving in Manchester was lovely, Nice soup, Beef Steak and a Cheese board to finish. Best meal in 4 flights so far and probably the nicest crew . Overall impression of Emirates after a 4 leg trip, aircraft well kept, A380 stands out, 777-300 are getting overhauled, crew attentive and professional and immaculately turned out. Food and beverages - food quite average to be honest, only 1 dish got me excited. Choice of drinks good with good quality wines too. Entertainment systems are impressive but found content lacking in comparison with Cathay Pacific and BA. Punctuality was good with only minimal delays on departures at times.

Emirates Customer review :  23 January 2014 by J Springthorpe    (UK)

DXB-BKK, Jan 2014. Business lounge impressive at Dubai, shower facilities clean and spacious. Food and beverage offer good also. Direct lounge to boarding gate access via lift. Older Boeing 777-300, showing its age but still clean and Business cabin well presented. Very friendly and attentive crew through out. Red eye service, lights kept nice and dim throughout, after take off snack and supper menu was nice - deli sandwich fresh. Inflight entertainment system functionality impressive but lacking in good movie or tv choice. Breakfast prior to landing was decisively average and serving method seems very bitty. On time arrival into Bangkok.

Emirates Customer review :  23 January 2014 by J Springthorpe    (UK)

MAN-DXB-MAN. Business Lounge was ok, nice breakfast. Boarding gate quite a walk from the lounge - T1 pier at Manchester basic and clinical feeling. Boeing 777-300ER was clean and Business cabin was well presented. Crew professional and well groomed - Business friendly. Boarding drinks service promptly after seated. Departure on- time, after take off drinks order taken - delivered 1 hour later. Excuse, stock in economy. Two meal services, Breakfast (average) and Dinner before landing (Ok). Not overly impressed with the quality and taste of the dishes. Attentiveness of crew throughout the flight good, Inflight entertainment functionally impressive but choice of films and tv poor. Toilets clean and well stocked. Seat very good, fully lie flat with massage function - privacy could be improved. On time arrival into Dubai.

Emirates Customer review :  23 January 2014 by A Ratnani    (Canada)

Traveled DXB-DAR-DXB on Boeing 777-300. Crew was friendly but responded to call after 2 hours. The entertainment system was ICE and had millions of movies and TV Shows to last you a year let alone a 5 hour flight. Seats were comfy but less legroom. Food was excellent no complaints. Overall I really enjoyed Emirates and would recommend it to anyone.

Emirates Customer review :  23 January 2014 by Bourke Bernard    (New Zealand)

Flights EK412 and 410 between Auckland and Australia. As an airline they are OK - but nothing special. Cabin crew not that good. Have had much better service on cheaper airlines. The A380 economy seats are better than some airlines narrower seats. Boarding and getting off the A380 is a real pain, so slow! Maybe its part airport problem also - but it will need fixing. Movie selection large. Not good value for money.

Emirates Customer review :  22 January 2014 by Uwe Peiter    (Germany)

FRA-PER via DXB, Dec 2013. Seating comfort was very poor and comparable to a cheap charter airline. Cabin Service was as poor as the seating. The crew were uninterested and unfriendly to the passengers. One FA was not able to form a complete sentence when he asked after the passengers wish (Chicken? Beef? Coffee?). FA call signs were generally ignored. If you want a bottle of water, you had to proceed to the galley. This was our first and last flight with Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  21 January 2014 by Robert Cuneta    (Canada)

Flew 2 way from JFK-Dubai-Manila last Nov, Jan respectively. The A380 was a nice airplane with decent seats, but the inflight service was underwhelming. The serving of the food was very disorganised and meal selections were always not available. The attendants were serving the coffee/tea at the same time they were serving the meal and beverage. Flight attendants were ignoring flight attendant call signal/buttons. I was disappointed thinking that the flight to Manila via Dubai would be better as the fare was more expensive and longer. The inflight services on flights via Asian routes are much much better, no comparison.

Emirates Customer review :  21 January 2014 by Mark Russell    (Australia)

Flew SYD-DXB-GRU-DXB-SYD in December and January. I am a Qantas Gold Frequent Flyer and had originally booked Economy but I upgraded to Business for the first leg and then received further upgrades on subsequent flights. Second time I have flown Emirates and was very impressed. Easy check-in in Sydney and Sao Paulo and transit in Dubai very easy. Found all staff, both inflight and on ground extremely friendly and helpful. Meals on all flights were excellent with a wide variety of choices - all accompanied by some excellent wines. The ICE - entertainment system offered incredibly varied options of entertainment. My only complaint was the angled lie flat bed on the B777-300 - I have a real thing about angled lie flat bed. Luggage arrived quickly and the "Priority" tag seemed if it actually meant something with Emirates - I am sure it is for appearance factor only on other airlines. Overall the flights were highly enjoyable, relaxing and I would definitely use Emirates again.

Emirates Customer review :  20 January 2014 by V Vedi    (UK)

EK005, 7th Jan, Business class with my wife and two boys aged 7 and 4. Very disappointing. The pre-ordered children's meals were not available! I was told by the FA that they had been given to other children. Why were there not sufficient meals on board? I can understand if an adult choice is not available but an airline of this supposed stature should not do this. The adult choices were spicy or containing beef which we do not eat. When I complained the FA giggled and offered me a drink! The service was disorganised and awful. I will avoid Emirates in the future!

Emirates Customer review :  20 January 2014 by Lee Grant    (UK)

Travelled London to New Zealand via Dubai and Sydney. Inflight entertainment was superb but unfortunately that's about the only positive thing I can say about the airline. Of the half dozen requests made to the in flight staff all were turned down, and we're not talking about anything special. Examples such as; "can I have a new set of headphones, these don't work", "can you please fix my screen as it won't turn on". Food service was shambolic, children's meals being sent out up to an hour before the rest of the service, crew walking around randomly with a couple of trays looking for people, repeated offers to give me a child's meal even though I had never asked for one! So inefficient. Once the main service started the crew constantly ran out of options, condiments, bread rolls etc. because they were blocking the aisles for so long, people who had been served wanted to use the rest rooms and the crew didn't want to let them past and didn't want to clear up the children's trays, which in some cases were there from 2 hours before. Having the inflight entertainment interrupted for Emirates advertising is pretty irritating too, especially when you are trying to settle children down who don't want a seat belt on pre take off. Lastly - would it hurt the crew to treat the passengers like customers? Smile, respond to passenger calls and don't stand around the galleys gossiping. Won't be flying myself and family again and wouldn't recommend Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  17 January 2014 by Andreas Becker    (Germany)

HAM-DXB-HAM with B777. As always EK flight was fairly pleasant even when both flights have been packed. Entertainment system is second to none, space and food better than with all European airlines. Service good, both flights have been more or less in time. Check in procedure efficient. Unfortunately this time it happens to me that the stewardess spilled some coffee over my sweater. She felt very embarrassed and apologised with champagne from biz class.

Emirates Customer review :  17 January 2014 by Marcel Menard    (Malaysia)

The 777 kills it. The expected A380 between Kuala Lumpur and Dubai was switched a few day ago for the Boeing 777. What a let down. Yes the A380 is great but the seating on most 777s does not provide enough space and I am a normal shape. The idea of sitting at an angle or hugging the next guy for 7 hours does not appeal to me, enough to change airline which will offer me a wider seat. The 777 is a gold mine for the airline but not suited, too narrow, for an extra seat.

Emirates Customer review :  17 January 2014 by A Cahill    (Australia)

We flew Sydney - Dublin return and it was underwhelming, to say the least. The service on board was very poor, meals were rushed and it took over an hour and two requests to get a glass of water, on more than one occasion. The cabin crew were at best not very friendly with some being extremely rude. Passengers who needed to use the washroom during the meal service were told by one crew member to wait until after the service or they would not get back to their seat.

Emirates Customer review :  16 January 2014 by M Morris    (Vietnam)

I flew Ho Chi Minh City, transiting in Dubai, to London Heathrow. I usually fly Thai, because it's the fastest route by far, but the recent political protests in BKK made me think it was probably unwise to transit through Bangkok at the moment. I was deeply disappointed with the seat on the HCMC to Dubai leg of the journey. I was expecting one of those not quite flat, angled seat beds, but it wasn't even that. The 777-200 on that route is just a reclining seat. Since the flight leaves at 00.40 in the morning, I was hoping to get at least some sleep before Dubai. I fly business class to get the sleep. I might as well have flown economy. The food was very mediocre, as well. However, staff were very nice. The business class lounge in Dubai is excellent. I can't praise it highly enough. The food is great, the showers are wonderful and the staff are friendly and helpful. The second leg of the journey was on the A380, the seat was lovely - a fully flat bed in one of those little cubicles. Unfortunately, this leg of the trip was during daylight hours, so everyone was being very noisy and so, despite the bed, I couldn't get any sleep and arrived exhausted. The food on this leg of the journey was perfectly okay. The staff were all polite, but strangely distracted and not terribly co-ordinated on this leg. The wait between first course and main was about 40 minutes. Very odd. I don't know if anyone from Emirates every reads these things, but if they do - could you please put earplugs in the amenity kits? All in all, I'd say that although Thai planes are a little older and shabbier, the cabin crew are better trained and co-ordinated, the food is better, the seats may not be totally lie flat, but at least you get to lie down on the flights. And, most importantly, they always give you ear plugs.

Emirates Customer review :  15 January 2014 by W Thant-Cyn    (New Zealand)

Recently flown Emirates while on holiday with my family to Singapore and Sydney from New Zealand. I have very specific requirements when traveling due to using an electric wheelchair for mobility. Despite emailing the airline in advance with these requirements, I had a distressing experience using this airline. It was awful from check-in to landing. The customer service was terrible at the check-in desk. The Emirates crew at Sydney airport were unfriendly and they were more interested in talking amongst themselves. At check-in, I explained that I'd like to drive my wheelchair up to the entrance of the plane. Check-in staff made a lot of calls and eventually they assured me they were happy with my request. Having reached the gate with my family, the bad service continued. The lady at the gate was surprised to see me and asked why I wasn't in a transit chair. She refused to process my boarding early. She ignored my explanation regarding my wheelchair and brought out a transit chair for me to transfer into. When I refused, she made more calls and finally she allowed my family and I to continue toward the entrance of the plane. On board, usually, when a passenger with a disability is onboard, a Cabin Service Manager (CSM) comes to say “hello”and make sure all is OK. I was totally ignored. The food was terrible, to say the least. Flight attendants did not seem interested in passengers. When we landed, I had to wait for other passengers to get off first. Once the cabins were cleared I was told that a chair was on its way. 15 minutes later she showed us to a transit chair. My heart sank. I asked where my chair was and I asked that it be brought to the entrance of the plane instead. I pointed out to her that she clearly saw me board the plane with my chair and I was requesting the same procedure to happen in order for me to get off the plane. Within a few minutes my chair was brought to the plane. What could have been a very simple problem to resolve turned out to be a nightmare. I am hesitant to travel with Emirates again.

Emirates Customer review :  15 January 2014 by Menton Peter    (Australia)

Bangkok to Sydney, departing 10/1/14, QF 8418. Very disappointing after all the hype. Check in was a long and tedious process and between my wife and I we were a couple of kilos over the checked baggage allowance and had to argue the toss for them to allow to 2 kilos over between the two of us. Boarding at Bangkok was confusing. The inflight service was not too bad, except we were served breakfast, missing the promised croissants and whe we brought this to the cabin crews attention they found two cold ones for us. We had to ask three times for our Sydney arrival cards to be given to us. The entertainment system is excellent. Following our first experience with Emirates would not recommend them as a first choice airline as there are better alternatives. Emirates is either expanding too fast or resting on its laurels.

Emirates Customer review :  14 January 2014 by E Shek    (Australia)

MEL-KUL-DXB-DEL, COK-DXB-KUL, SIN-MEL (the latter-most operated by QF). Return ticket (AUD1250) was excellent value for money. One of the more noticeable (but unfortunate) features was the rather surly and cold service across all EK flights. Most attendants were not too friendly, concentrating on mechanically serving their flights which were fully booked. However, food and beverage was solid and entertainment was excellent. Some points about particular flights: The EK409, MEL-KUL-DXB flight was unusually full of large families with young children, so be prepared for a screaming economy cabin if booking this flight I would hazard a guess. This is not ideal especially given that the flight leaves MEL a few hours after midnight when you'd want a sleep. EK give me an opportunity to upgrade my COK-DXB flight to business through email for AUD330 which I took up. It was an amazing experience (for someone who has never flown business before). Service (unlike the economy service) was very warm, friendly without being overbearing, and the food and drink was excellent and constant (I ordered extra bread and dessert brought out very willingly). One of the attendants even got out a staff camera to take a picture for me, which was a nice touch to the flight, as I had told them it was my first time on business class. EK346, DXB-KUL on the A380 didn't seem any different from other aircraft, although the inflight wifi was a added bonus. Overall I'd recommend EK for the excellent price, but don't expect tip-top Singapore Airlines-type service.

Emirates Customer review :  14 January 2014 by B Klug    (Germany)

FRA-DXB / SIN-DXB / DXB-FRA. One of the most overrated airlines in my opinion. Seats and food okay, but not more than average. Cabin crew far to young to provide professional service. All service rounds appeared quite disorganized and took ages. Crew friendly, but more into interaction with themselves than with the passengers. It´ s a pity, that QF is codesharing with this airline on the FRA-SYD route.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |