Emirates Airline Passenger Reviews and Emirates Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Emirates Passenger Reviews and Emirates customer trip Reports

Emirates Customer review :  24 March 2014 by Broadhead Moira    (UK)

Manchester - Dubai -–Phuket -–Dubai - Manchester. Flew on the A380 on the Manchester legs and the 777 on the Phuket leg. Both experiences top class, crews on all sectors excellent. Food and beverages first class. A fantastic experience that I hope to do again.

Emirates Customer review :  24 March 2014 by G Thomas    (Australia)

Caught EK408 from KL back to Melbourne on 21 March. From the lounge to the arrival the staff were fantastic. The inflight entertainment, along with the meal starved, should make Qantas wake up. Both beat Qantas and was served with staff who smiled and were a pleasure. Looking forward to my next flight in a week or so!

Emirates Customer review :  24 March 2014 by J Heiler    (Germany)

DUS-DXB-CGK (Dusseldorf - Jakarta) on 08/09 March and return 21 March. All flights 777 300ER. Air fares a fraction of what Lufthansa offered. Very satisfied with flights on time and service prior to take off and at the airports. Service during flight overall OK but staff could be more attentive. Seats a bit old, partly broken. Met a friend in Economy and found out the main dish was exactly the same food I ordered in Business! Was not hungry when lunch was served and 2 hours later there was nothing left over except for desserts, was disappointed.

Emirates Customer review :  24 March 2014 by G Thomas    (Australia)

EK 409 on 16 March. Left on a 3.20am flight that I would not really recommend given the time. Travelling business I at least thought the staff would promptly go around the cabin and get any services out the way ASAP. I wanted a nightcap to help me sleep and it took an amazing 1.5 hours before I got it. I have travelled Emirates before and they have been good but a little more attention to customers paying for service regardless of time would not go astray. The one saving grace was inflight entertainment.

Emirates Customer review :  22 March 2014 by Sidd Thomas    (India)

EK002, March 16th, LHR-DXB. The staff are extremely casual and non-professional. They lack the basic courtesy on how to serve premium passengers. As we entered the business class cabin en-route from London-Dubai, two of the flight attendants were chatting away near our seat about social media and twitter etc! They didn't seem to notice at all that passengers had already boarded. Though the staff were not rude, they were extremely casual in service.

Emirates Customer review :  22 March 2014 by Sue Phillips    (UK)

SYD-BKK-DXB then to LHR. SYD-BKK leg was late by about an hour. This was EK 419 on 7/3/2014. Lay flat bed was hard and not actually lie flat. Food was less than average and certainly of a lesser quality than economy flight outbound. Wine served warm, no offer of pudding or cheese after main course. Very little soft drinks offered and the cabin crew were less than helpful. BKK-DXB: Breakfast served cold, asked for the Deli platter but told it was not available. Flight service mediocre - no soft drinks offered. Seat uncomfortable and not lie flat. New cabin crew no better than on SYD-BKK leg. DXB-LHR. As flight was late into DXB was held at arrival gate and then asked to run to next gate - no chance! New A380 to LHR and such a difference to the 777 on the other legs. Great service good food, far better seat, good food and great cabin crew. Next trip I will go back to Cathay business class which is far better even on a 777.

Emirates Customer review :  22 March 2014 by Jordan Brenda    (UK)

Heathrow to Christchurch on a 777 but was disappointed that the seats which were classed as going flat in fact went to only approx a 30 degree angle with the feet slopping down. I didn't find out until the end of the journey that I could have asked for a mattress. This was disappointing as I have been on a 777 with another company to NZ where the seats went completely flat with feet resting on the day time footrest so there was no problem with sliding down. The configuration of seats with them was also better with individual seats so no stepping over other passengers legs. Apart from that the service was very good and as someone who needs wheelchair assistance I was treated with consideration. I also needed dietary requirements and the food was very good and well presented.

Emirates Customer review :  21 March 2014 by Douillé Jérôme    (Switzerland)

Flew GVA-DXB on 17/3, DXB-DOH-DXB on 18/3, DXB-GVA on 20/3. Excellent trip with perfect service and excellent value for money, Staff as usual very professional and the IFE definitely on top of what I've experienced so far. Catering was also excellent and I was served a complete meal even on a 45 min flight between DXB and DOH.

Emirates Customer review :  21 March 2014 by F Park    (UK)

MAN-DXB-SGN - left MAN 1 hour late. The Etihad flight was due to depart at the same time, started boarding much earlier and left early, Emirates always start boarding too late. Poor service onboard, with very limited drinks offered, fortunately I had bottled water with me. Boarded plane at DXB in plenty of time, but departed 1 hour late, informed by pilot this was because of the delay in getting peoples baggage through the airport and onto the plane, as basically the airport could not cope with the amount of passengers/flights. Arrived in SGN, but only one bag did, the other never made the flight, along with 20 other passengers bags, took 2 days to get the other bag.

Emirates Customer review :  19 March 2014 by Ralph Baard    (USA)

EK230, 2/26, SEA-DXB. EK775, 3/3, DXB-DUR. EK776, 3/14, DUR-DXB. EK229, 3/16, DXB-SEA. First time flying Emirates. Found staff to be very attentive to our every need. On the first meal service our first choice of meal was not available, they made a note and when they came back through with the second meal service they ensured that we got to tell them our choice before they went through the rest of the cabin. The seat is very comfortable considering the configuration. I would deduct a star as they really do cram the seats in by adding 2 additional seats in every town when most airlines add an inch to the seat width and have a 2x4x2 configuration, Emirates elects to do 3x4x3 which feels a lot more cramped than other 777 aircraft I have been on. Food was excellent with great choices. Inflight entertainment is really the best I have experienced, especially the aircraft that had the latest version of the ICE system loaded. There was no shortage of excellent entertainment to help pass the long hours on the flight.

Emirates Customer review :  19 March 2014 by Perrin Michel    (Brazil)

KIX-LIS via Dubai. Both B777-300ER. First plane was rather old, and choice of movies surprisingly limited. Seat did not go to 180º flat. Food and Japanese CA very nice. Drinks not very high standard. On time. Wi-Fi at Dubai lounge not good. Second flight a very new aircraft. Fabulous ICE. Fantastic staff. Food was just average, and drinks much better. Why is EK not succeeding in having a standard of service? Arrived earlier.

Emirates Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Klaus Malling    (Denmark)

CPH-DXB-BKK early February. Flight out of Copenhagen delayed 3 hours, passengers got food coupons, flight one hour quicker than scheduled - no problems in reaching connection flight. On board 777-300ER, service very good, food better than on most other airlines, pre-dinner drinks, wine and cognac served during meal. Seat comfort however average with rather hard seats and 3x4x3 arrangement making you feel crammed on a sold-out flight as this. I recently flew Turkish Airlines, where 3x3x3 arrangements in more comfortable seats made journey more comfortable. However, IFE excellent, especially music selection. Flight attendant forgot to serve coffee, but - as a compensation - offered mini-bottle of cognac at end of flight. All in all a very good experience. While in Dubai, staff quick to inform us about BKK flight, a marvellous 380. Again, seats average, but otherwise a great experience on this new, silent giant.

Emirates Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Linda Ramis    (UK)

9th March from Dubai to London at 16.30. Flight EK 005/QF 8005. Cabin crew were brilliant, all done with a smile and they were very busy. Would definitely travel with Emirates again.

Emirates Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Dick Ziegler    (USA)

My wife and I recently flew JFK-DXB-BKK and I returned BKK-DXB-JFK. My wife will return next week. Going out, we had a pretty good trip to Dubai although the plane left late. Waited in transit in Dubai but were delayed again. Onboard, told the problem had been fixed and we would depart shortly. When we got to BKK, we waited for our luggage (3 pieces) only to be told it was still in Dubai. We found out 300 passengers from JFK had the same problem. On my way back, check-in at BKK was a nightmare due to the fact that over 500 people were checking in. The Airbus A380-800s are just too big to handle the necessary ground operations to support them. Flight was OK to DXB, nothing special. In transit at DXB I checked on which gate I was to board at and went to wait. After an interminable wait and seeing nothing, I checked the board only to find out that they had changed departure gates but posted no signs or made no announcements about this. I made a mad dash to the new gate and just made it before they closed it. I was in a three-seat row with a window seat and one other passenger in the aisle seat. Behind me was a family with 2 little kids. From the minute I sat down until the time I got off the plane, the kids yelled and cried. There was no problem resolution from the stewardess although there were a number of options that she could have implemented. Ground operations are terrible and their flight crew appear to know nothing about problem resolution.

Emirates Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Ali Al Hashimi    (UAE)

From DXB to MLE on a Boeing 777 was even better than the A380 business class. Seats, comfort and luxury was all on that Boeing 777 and none of that was on an A380 seat. I'm going back to Male on the 12th March 2014 and I'm going on the Boeing 777.

Emirates Customer review :  14 March 2014 by Khan Akbar    (USA)

In February and March 2014 we travelled from Dulles, Washington DC to Dubai to New Delhi and then back. Most of the journey was on 777-ER, all the departures and arrivals were on time, food and drinks were tasty and entertainment was awesome. Coming from Dubai to Washington DC, it was night time flight, there were not enough water or drink rounds. Every year we have travelled Emirates to visit India since 2005 and will try to do it again next year.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |