Emirates Airline Passenger Reviews and Emirates Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Emirates Passenger Reviews and Emirates customer trip Reports

Emirates Customer review :  27 May 2014 by Don Walsh    (Belgium)

My spouse and I flew first class Christchurch-Sydney-Dubai-Frankfurt 16 November 2013. Our second flight on our return itinerary (outward from Frankfurt to Christchurch was also with Emirates in Business Class), Sydney to Dubai was cancelled due to a rainstorm at Sydney airport, which meant we had to deplane after approx three hours on board and spend all night in Sydney airport waiting for our luggage to be returned and then re-queue to be re-booked on a new flight. It was an A380 so there were hundreds of people involved, yet almost no Emirates Staff available or information provided. At re-check-in, we asked to be re-routed to Paris rather than Frankfurt, as we realised that the new routing to Frankfurt meant we would not be able to reach Brussels - our final destination by train connection the same day, and so would have to stay in a hotel overnight in Germany. We made repeated requests to be re-routed, and we knew there was availability in the first class cabin on the Paris flight. Yet, despite all our requests, nobody seemed prepared to understand our predicament or accede to our request. We also noticed that the level of service – nd attitudes of staff - differed substantially across flights. While some were outstanding, such as the First Class leg from Christchurch to Sydney (probably because we were the only people in the first class cabin), service on other legs was sometimes surly, and when our problems arose on the return leg, we had the impression that staff were more interested in keeping us quiet and fobbing us off than sincerely wanting to help resolve our travel dilemma. For example, the Senior Purser onboard suggested we use their on-board WiFi and telephone service to enquire about being re-scheduled onto the Paris flight as it was “not very expensive” - I later discovered a €50 charge on my credit card statement! Upon landing in Dubai, we enquired with ground staff about changing to the later flight to Paris, but Dubai ground staff shouted at us that we were obliged to take the Frankfurt flight as our luggage had already been checked through to Frankfurt and that we would have to pay penalties for changing our routing. So all in all, we have at best mixed feelings about our Emirates Experience in-flight given what was supposed to be the trip of a lifetime in First Class, but definitely disappointed at their mediocre response to a fairly simple request to be re-routed and lack of customer care afterwards. All-in-all, we probably will not be travelling with Emirates again.

Emirates Customer review :  27 May 2014 by N Williams    (Spain)

BKK-LGW-BKK. The aircraft are fairly new and in good shape as you'd expect. The service is very hit and miss, mostly a miss. On one leg, shortly after takeoff the crew distributed promising looking menu cards, but this was just a tease since no food materialised until almost 5 hours into a 6 hour flight. The purser spent the flight in and out of the understair workstation adjacent to my seat on the A380, slamming the door each time. When the food did arrive it was poor. On another leg the food was served in the first couple of hours and was very enjoyable, being salmon and mashed potatoes. They seemed quite happy to bring the odd glass of wine throughout all the flights. On one leg we were bussed to the aircraft at Dubai which was strangely parked in a very remote part of the airfield. All those gates at Dubai and we end up having a 20 minute bus ride and climbing steps to the aircraft. The customer service at Gatwick was very poor. Although the ground staff had all week to advise me of a requirement regarding my return flight (I visited their desk on several occasions) they failed to do so and waited until I arrived at check in with all my bags and then turned me away. If you have cause to contact Emirates with a complaint after you've flown, they seem to be very reluctant to provide email addresses or forms for this purpose.

Emirates Customer review :  24 May 2014 by D Johncock    (UK)

Flight from Perth (Australia) to Dubai did not meet expectations. Despite the airlines supposed reputation, the food quality and choice was very poor. The touchscreen was insensitive and caused considerable frustration when trying to select particular films or music. Most notable, the staff were surly and generally unhelpful. This was one of the worst flights I have ever endured !

Emirates Customer review :  24 May 2014 by Navindu De Silva    (Sri Lanka)

Colombo to Amsterdam via Dubai, and Paris to Colombo via Dubai. Food was fantastic, excellent inflight entertainment. Staff very attentive, will use Emirates again. Flew in A380 as well.

Emirates Customer review :  22 May 2014 by B Teles    (Portugal)

Lisbon to Luanda via Dubai. In the past I used TAP Portugal to go Luanda, but due to delays, high fares, old aircraft and poor service I changed. Emirates is a cut above the rest, flights were on-time, main leg on way out was on a modern 777, very nice and more space than competition, food was delicious, crew professional and helpful. I can't remember any other carrier proactively offering so many drinks and refills in economy class.

Emirates Customer review :  21 May 2014 by L Robin    (Thailand)

BKK-DXB-FRA-DUS-DXB-BKK . Limousine chauffeur on time, Qantas lounge in BKK as Emirates under renovation, excellent day flight to Frankfurt no amenities but its a day flight so no problem, good choices of entertainment. on my return I pampered myself in First, amazing service and I had the best sleep of my life up in the air. excellent food and wine list. Crew as usual very helpful and nice.

Emirates Customer review :  21 May 2014 by A Stijlen    (UAE)

CPT-DXB, Boeing 777-300. Comfortable flight, friendly and efficient cabin crew. Lunch & dinner serving outstanding. Staff made the flight as pleasant as possible. ICE inflight entertainment system with excellent choices.

Emirates Customer review :  20 May 2014 by Richard Ciszewski    (Australia)

PER-DXB-HAM. My first experience with Emirates Business Class. Started very well with the Chauffeur car. Staff at check in good. Lounge nicely presented. IFE in my seat did not work. Luckily seat next to me vacant. Impressive looking seat was surprisingly narrow and no elbow room. Found it hard to get comfortable. No amenity pack offered on either sector all the way to Hamburg. Found it very difficult to choose something I wanted to eat. Food too middle eastern, with no choice offered, friendly crew. Lounge in Dubai awful. Probably the worst I've had for a while. Far too overcrowded. HAM-DXB-PER: Chauffeur pick up, lounge nice, but hard to find. Much better flight than outbound. Same issue with food, although this time I ate in the lounge where the food had more of a western flavour to it. Staff friendly and helpful. Different seat with better elbow room. IFE is a little awkward to use. My bag was damaged on arrival in Perth. The baggage services team in Perth were very helpful and my bag was replaced. As a Qantas frequent flyer, this was a rewards trip, so I'm not too devastated by the experience. If I had to spend full price on a business class fare, I would probably look elsewhere. The lounge in Dubai and the seats being the major turn offs.

Emirates Customer review :  19 May 2014 by Derek Salter    (South Africa)

CPT to LHR via DXB in economy. Two full planes, Boeing 777 and A380. Staff excellent, helpful and pleasant. Both arrived early or on time. Boarding done by row numbers and well controlled. Seating on 777 narrower but I found more comfortable than the A380. Entertainment vast and varied. Food ok. But why do airlines still insist on providing hot breakfasts in the very early hours which are so unappetising. My poached eggs could have survived a set at Wimbledon! And three hours before landing at 4am when I had just got off to sleep - surely no need. I can't believe passengers want this - a light and healthy snack 90 mins before landing would be more preferable. Going for fruit platter meals in future. Off loaded at LHR quickly and despite a busy terminal through immigration and customs within 30mins of landing.

Emirates Customer review :  19 May 2014 by Alan Millward    (Spain)

MAD-DXB-BKK Business Class (Frequent Flyer Gold Card holder) traveling approximately bi-monthly for over two years. I've noticed a marked deterioration in quality on this service and my last two flights have had problems which need bringing to the attention of a wider audience. I note from comments on this site that others have noted a similar deterioration in service on Emirates. On the first flight I was double charged by the airline. When I pointed this out to the Service Center I was initially told I was incorrect. After a second e-mail and a delay I was informed by another individual I had to prove that I had been overcharged. When I did this I was then told by a third employee to enter certain information via the web to obtain a refund. I tried several times but the information was clearly wrong. After a further delay a fourth employee suggested I was entering the data incorrectly. I tried again: same result. I then asked the matter to be escalated. No reply. Eventually after further e-mails a fifth employee agreed that the matter should be escalated. Over a month later I received an incomplete refund and a lame excuse for an apology. On my last flight EK385 the service was awful. My breakfast was initially not delivered. After trying to attract the attention of staff my meal, some 45 minutes late ,was slammed down; it was as might be expected after being allowed to stew for that amount of time inedible. After asking for the Purser, a 'Senior' eventually arrived who tried various displacement techniques to avoid apologising. I eventually forced an apology and was asked if I wanted 'something' (unspecified) to replace the disgusting plate. By this time the plane was descending. I asked again to see the Purser who eventually turned up and mumbled on about 'the girl' who was responsible. She disappeared to make the safety announcement prior to landing and I never saw her again. I have received no recompense. I would suggest that if you experience problems on Emirates don't expect prompt service, genuine apologies or any recompense. You will have to deal with an obstructive Service Center staffed by arrogant and essentially incompetent individuals, and an on board 'crew' who regard themselves as a superior class of persons who unless you are prepared to ingratiate yourself find providing a service beneath them. As there is ample choice of airlines on this route, I certainly wont fly Emirates again and would advise caution if anyone is considering it as the alternatives which I have recently sampled are infinitely superior.

Emirates Customer review :  18 May 2014 by C Mati    (Australia)

SYD-AKL-SYD and SYD-AKL-SYD, my work booked these flights. To say the staff are rude is an understatement. Onboard staff were only interested in quickly serving the meals and you didn't even have time to finish eating off your tray before they whipped them away. Any rubbish left over they weren't interested in picking up with their precious little fingers. I buzzed for duty free for an hour and asked 3 people if I could buy some, and kept getting told "I'll tell the girl, I'll tell the girl" or "she should be coming through" only to find that "she" couldn't be bothered. Ground staff at both airports were rude, and I was looked down on (it felt) for a being a Qantas business customer. Rude arrogant staff.

Emirates Customer review :  18 May 2014 by Sally Collins    (UK)

LHR-Auckland- LHR via Dubai April/May 2014 in A380. I thought the comfort of the A380 economy seats was better than other planes, entertainment fantastic, service good. The food wasn't always to my taste but that is my problem. All legs of the journey were on time, would recommend.

Emirates Customer review :  18 May 2014 by Don Coleman    (Australia)

BNE to FRA via DXB. Staff pleasant, helpful and enthusiastic. Aircraft clean and looks modern and well maintained. Well stocked personal minibar. Punctual. Great food, IFE is fantastic. I've done four flights with Emirates and will continue to fly with them. Pity they don't do transPacific flights to US/Canada.

Emirates Customer review :  17 May 2014 by T Iversen    (New Zealand)

ARN-AKL via DXB and SYD in Business. Very comfortable lounge in ARN. Clean aircraft ARN-DXB with attentive and pleasant FAs, but come across as a bit inexperienced. Slow drink service during dinner and food ok but not great. The Business seat a bit cramped for my taste. Had the Dubai connect service at DXB (because of a long lay-over the airline puts you up in a hotel, arranges transport and visa for you) and that was great. Nice to have a good bed for the night in an excellent hotel. Immigration into and out of Dubai very quick. Lounge in DXB was excellent (have a hard time understanding all the negative reviews about this - but admittedly did not use washrooms or showers. Food was great). Flight from DXB to AKL via SYD in 380. Excellent seat. Again very pleasant FAs but again somewhat inexperienced appearing. Again very slow drink service. Was given a before dinner drink. Then no drink with the starter, but with the assurance that it was coming. It came when the starter was finished. Then the main meal arrived but no drink. That came after the meal was finished. Those things are not the end of the world, but it comes across as somewhat unprofessional. Lounge in SYD was fine with nice shower, and flight from SYD to AKL had a new crew that seemed more experienced. Overall though I was pleased, especially considering the cost was significantly lower than on competing airlines. So in spite of missing out on a glass of wine or two I will do this again.

Emirates Customer review :  16 May 2014 by J Parker    (UK)

Auckland/Dubai/LHR economy, connecting flight EK 1 to LHR delayed at Dubai for over 1hr but no explanation given by ground staff in fact appeared unprofessional not until on the aircraft did you get an adequate response from the captain who gave a full explanation. By coincidence my leg from Heathrow to Dubai was also delayed exactly 2 weeks earlier so wonder if they have a scheduling problem. The A380 is a huge aircraft and with its size comes big logistics the cabin crew were not particularly attentive and water for such a long flight was offered very infrequently and the service was not anywhere near the service I had been given by Asiana Airlines to Auckland a year earlier.

Emirates Customer review :  14 May 2014 by A Jenkins    (UK)

I travelled from Manchester to Hong Kong via Dubai. All flights were on-time, the aircraft were modern, clean and the food was good. The crew were professional, friendly and helpful.

Emirates Customer review :  12 May 2014 by K Yasemin    (Netherlands)

I went from Dusseldorf to Singapore and back with Emirates. The service was great! One thing I really liked was that the cabin crew members were very open towards me. They weren't treating me like a customer, but like a friend. The food was excellent as well and the seats were provided with TV's. There were lots of films and music to pick. The cabin crew also provided us with blankets before we started flying. This was excellent, since I wanted to sleep immediately. To be honest, I can't really say anything bad about Emirates. Great airline.

Emirates Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Kevin Phillips    (New Zealand)

Auckland-Melbourne-Auckland. Both flights on time. Food and service excellent. Like the bar at the back of the A380. Small problem with seat on the return leg, soon fixed by moving to other seats.

Emirates Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Joann Johnstone    (UK)

Dubai - Male, 22nd February 2014, Flight EK0652. On the morning of 22nd February, we boarded the flight in Dubai at the correct time despite their being some fog in which cleared by approximately 10.30am. We were held on the plane for over 7.5 hours and then had our flight cancelled and were disembarked. Told that once we left the plane, an Emirates attendant would be waiting to show us where to go. After we left the plane we went through the airport doors to be offered two options 'arrivals' or 'transfers' and no-one had any idea where to go and no help was available. We saw a few Emirates staff around and when we went to them asking for assistance they just shrugged their shoulders and said we had to queue up at the desk. We queued for 2 hours and when we finally got to the front we were told that no information was available and that we had to come back in 20 minutes! We asked about hotel accommodation and was told that all hotels were booked. The lack of communication was terrible, no announcements made, no apologies. Finally after an exhaustive night and at about 4am Sunday we were told that everyone would not be able to fly until Monday. This debacle carried on until about 5.30am when we were told that we were going to fly after all at 11am Sunday. The journey took approximately 42 hours which should have been a four hour flight. The absolute worst part was having absolutely no information forthcoming - it was an absolute disgrace.

Emirates Customer review :  12 May 2014 by W Doralt    (Germany)

We were disappointed by the standard of the flight from Male to Dubai. The plane was old, old entertainment system (not very responsive and outdated quality, also, the Arabic subtitles in large size could not be switched off) and all interior a bit worn off. One would not expect it with this airline. Food was mediocre at best and the preferred choice was gone before our row was served. Drinks (non alcoholic and alcoholic) were all fine, though. Toilets: Two toilets out of soap relatively soon after the start of the flight. Not great also in terms of cleanliness. Floor: Worn off, but mainly disturbing because staff did not collect / pic up plastic debris fallen on the floor during the flight. Main ground for disappointment was the broken tray (46G), preventing you from eating (nothing could be put on the tray without falling / sliding off). Staff apologised but in the end, though they were friendly, that does not take away the inconvenience and as the flight was full (at least in econ.), a change of seat was no option.

Emirates Customer review :  12 May 2014 by L Dalton    (Sweden)

This airline was not at all child friendly and we had many problems. The transit in Dubai involved a bus trip over 30 minutes long, standing in a hot, stuffy bus. Some of our kids were given activity packs on the aircraft and some were not. The allergy meals although not containing the specified allergen contained many other common allergens such as eggs, fish and seafood. The meat for these meals was always fish. We did not receive the diabetic meal we ordered on every flight. Staff on the A380's are immature and more concerned with enjoying the trip themselves and their own comfort. No drinks were offered between meals on the return A380 flight. The crew spent their time gossiping in the service areas. Our flight on the return trip was changed and we weren't notified until we tried to check in. These are just some of the highlights but overall the experience was very stressful.

Emirates Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Sharon Mae    (Austria)

VIE-DXB after taking off the bassinet on the wall was installed quickly, amenity kit distributed and even blankets with collectible monsters. When I asked the crew to fill up our babybottle with hot water this was done in less than 10 minutes. DXB-MNL the crew seemed very tired and unmotivated. I am just wondering why the "sparkle" of the crew was missing? Even at the flight back the crew was so-so at the first leg but at the second leg they tried their best. Emirates takes good care of their passengers, food service excellent, ground handling (handled by Austrian Airlines in Vienna) was great as the Supervisor blocked the seat next to us so we could rest better and I think its a big plus for Emirates that they lend Strollers in DXB to families.

Emirates Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Dave Houlihan    (UAE)

DXB-ARN-DXB. Biz class return, In short both these flights were of a high calibre especially the return leg on the 08/05, ARN-DXB, the Purser was an English lady who is a total asset to the airline. Her manner with passengers was professional yet friendly and she and her team gave an excellent service. Both legs service was top notch, flights on time and arrived early. ICE as usual had the latest movies and seat comfort superb. My only small gripe again is the food, Biriyani in Biz class is not acceptable , I chose the Veal which was chewy and tough and had to return it. Wines were good. Failing that a great set of flights!

Emirates Customer review :  11 May 2014 by J Dickinson    (UK)

London Gatwick - Dubai, EK016, 1/5/2014. Dubai - Kuala Lumpur, EK346, 2/5/2014. I have been using Emirates for several years and have found little to grumble with until recently. I have flown primarily between the UK and Far East transiting via Dubai. Fares have generally been cheap and the service and food has been passable. I was upgraded to Business class on a couple of occasions but really wouldn't rate it as being much better than Economy class. I flew with them in Jan/Feb 2014 and again on this current trip May 2014. I would have to say and in line with most other reviewers the service has gone downhill dramatically. Boarding the plane was organised and orderly in London Gatwick but quite haphazard and chaotic in Dubai. On both flights food seemed to be served in a chaotic manner. The stewardesses appeared to be a mixture of Qantas and Emirates staff and were often at odds with what each other was doing. They appeared quite stressed at times and were curt rather than polite with inquiries. Emirates staff have never been as polished or professional as MAS staff and from my observations a certain level of rudeness/frustration has crept in and is very noticeable at times. One of my biggest bug bears is that they no longer ask passengers to right their seats to enable people to eat their food in comfort. I quite often end up eating in an impossibly restricted space. Asking a Stewardess for assistance to rectify this is not always responded to positively. The choice of food doesn't seem to have changed for years and has become boring if not unpalatable at times. Travelling in Economy is no longer a pleasure and the term cattle class feels more apt these days. I stopped using Malaysia Airlines years ago because of the cost of their flights and poor service at that time. When I started using Emirates I began recommending it to all my friends because of the level of service and affordable fares. I probably will continue to use Emirates but would consider other options such as MAS, Qatar, Etihad and Turkish Airlines all of which appear to be doing well in the ratings. I certainly would have misgivings about recommending Emirates to friends at present.

Emirates Customer review :  11 May 2014 by Rob Butler    (UK)

LGW-AKL in First, A380 all the way. As usual, an extremely good product, extremely well delivered. Pricing out of LGW was more competitive than via LHR, which is nearer my home, but the included chauffeur service meant the added distance and time were negligible. The lounge at LGW, despite being under renovation, still served top-class food (as do most EK lounges worldwide) with an impressive Margaux to sip. Staff were very courteous. All sectors (LGW- DXB, DXB-SYD and SYD-AKL) were excellent - slept reasonably well, superb selection of modern films on the IFE, high quality cabin crew. The shower spa is a fantastic luxury that I continue to thoroughly enjoy every time I use it - it's a real boon on such a long flight to be able to shower at the time you want, to help adjust your body clock for your arrival. I'm not a fan of the First Class lounge in the A380 terminal at DXB, it feels completely soulless, and the shower was only lukewarm - the second time I've experienced this. The massage in the spa was good, though. Return AKL-LGW was almost as good as the outbound. However, the menu was limited and repetitive - lamb and chicken biryani on all sectors. Although there was also a pasta dish, this was not really the level of variety and quality I expect when flying in First for more than 24 hours. Thankfully, a bit of creative thinking with the starters (including the excellent mezze and generous portions of caviar) meant I was certainly not going to be left hungry. Simple things like freshly-prepared toast are also very welcome, though I wish they would introduce ice cream. One slight niggle is that I asked for a large bottle of water when I boarded and was told there only 6 for the entire flight so I couldn't have one, moments later another member of cabin crew came up and offered one, oblivious to what I'd previously been told. Overall though, cabin crew were even better on the return leg, especially between Brisbane and Dubai. Boarding for the final sector, B777, DXB to LGW was a farce, and the one real let-down of the trip. I was called from the lounge at 0710 for an 0800 flight, then had to wait for thirty minutes in two different holding areas until they could bring a special bus for the first class pax (frankly I'd rather have just got on a normal bus and been able to relax on the aircraft) which then took more than 15 minutes to crawl around the airfield. All in all, though, Emirates First continues to be by far my preferred carrier to New Zealand for its mix of quality, service and cost.

Emirates Customer review :  11 May 2014 by Lautwein Christof    (Germany)

DUS-SIN-DUS. Again full score for Emirates! It's simply the best. Perfect friendly and attentive crew, very good meals, no delays, wonderful inflight entertainment. Recommend to use also the free Chauffeur service to make it even more convenient.

Emirates Customer review :  9 May 2014 by T Kok    (UK)

Been travelling Emirates for a year and on 3 occasions (all from London to Kuala Lumpur). Overall experiences have been good except for our recent flight last week. As before, we booked our seats online but one of the seat was changed without our knowledge leading us having to re-booked/changed both our seats to one which we are unhappy with. Check in staff on the day was unhelpful. We will be flying again early June to Kuala Lumpur but will give Emirates a miss on this occasion as the protest. We will consider Emirates again next year.

Emirates Customer review :  8 May 2014 by A Pagan    (Greece)

ATH-DXB-ATH. Arriving at check-in, flight was overbooked in economy. They offered me an upgrade to business at 300 euros per sector. During booking business class price was 1300 euros so I stayed with J. An A345, the seat was comfortable and pitch just ok. Catering ok but really nothing special. Crew very attentive, IFE the typical ICE on EK which is not my taste. Variety of movies limited. Flight arrived on time. Return a different story. Again overbooked flight and the same offer. Still on J class on a 777-300. Boarding and a bus ride that literally took 37 minutes. Nice tour of the airport! Flight departed with 30 minutes delay due to the bus ride as we got into the plane 5 minutes before the STD. Same thing on catering and seat. This time crew was a bit uninterested and robotic. Arriving in ATH and we have to wait for our bags more than 25 minutes. All in all an average experience. Next time and my schedule permits I will try Etihad or Qatar as their ticket price is a bit lower and inflight service seems to be better than EK.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |